[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A live event yesterday unveiled more details regarding the all-new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: new box.jpg (230KB, 1165x1074px) Image search: [Google]
new box.jpg
230KB, 1165x1074px
A live event yesterday unveiled more details regarding the all-new Brazilian re-launch of the Mega Drive/Genesis, which will take place a few months from now.

Recent tests have disappointed lots of enthusiasts that had pre-ordered the console. The sound quality was absolutely sub-part, and many games were revealed to not be compatible with the new console. Slowly over time, those things are getting fixed as TecToy gets the new console as close to the original as possible, using modern-available parts.

It's also been revealed that there WILL be physical cart releases, mostly first-party SEGA titles that TecToy has acquired permission for re-use. Most importantly, it was revealed that the new Mega Drive will have firmware updates through the SD card port. This enables the company to release customized firmware to fix individual glitches within each game.
>>
>>376069368
Why can't these companies use the original YM2612? Hell, why not even the YM3438 ASIC? Why do literally all mega drive remakes have absolute ass sound quality?
>>
>>376069368
I heard about this a few months ago but never bothered to check, is it a 1:1 (or close) megadrive/genesis hardware replica or are some components emulated? if so, why would you want to upgrade firmware then?

You mention a SD card port, isn't that a little bit "dangerous" regarding piracy? not complaining really, I think it's amazing in fact, but I'm surprised this is something "official".
>>
Altered Beast was pretty simple and very boring.
>>
>>376069932
It's as close as they can get it to be, considering certain parts can't be found anymore. The firmware is there supposedly to fix glitches on games caused by hardware inconsistencies.

They don't really care about piracy, the SD Card port is there and it's able to play ROMs right out of the box. They know they can't possibly curb it, so they're embracing it.
>>
>>376069932
You know those @game Mega Drive players have SD slots too that outright tell you if you wanna add more games then knock yourself out and put them in
>>
>>376069368
there is one megadrive game that i always wanted to play, and that never came on any of the collections.
and that's rocket knight adventures.
that game just looks fantastic and right up my alley.
too bad it's a konami thing and i will probably never get to play it.
emulation is kinda lame
>>
>>376070095
>>376070096
That's pretty cool, got a Everdrive a few months ago and it's amazing.
How expensive/cheap are they and how easy will it be to get one of these all the way to yurop? I might stick to my good old fully-modded model-2 though, and maybe try to find out how to fix my model-1 and mod it too.
>>
>>376070593
Pre-order is something like 400 brazilian subhuman dollars, which is more than most people would ever consider spending on a megadrive with a built-in Flashcart. As for how easy, probably as easy as it gets.
>>
>>376070592
Got one off ebay last year, it was no more than $20.
PAL though.
>>
Why is this happening?
>>
File: 2846821[1].jpg (42KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
2846821[1].jpg
42KB, 600x800px
Come on, /v/ wise up. This thing will be just another brazillian firecore whore with a fresh layer of make-up. Real Genesis are still cheap. Buy one and a flash cart and a line doubler if you want to use it on a progressive scan display. It will be even significantly shittier than the NES mini.
>>
>>376071591
This. Not like anyone cares about the Genesis anymore unlike the SNES so it won't break your wallet.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.