[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Final boss of the series is literally who >moveset of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 10

File: Dark-Souls-3-Aug-24-Ann-Tease.jpg (73KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-Aug-24-Ann-Tease.jpg
73KB, 600x338px
>Final boss of the series is literally who
>moveset of orphan but slower and less aggressive, despitedas3 having faster heals than borne
>You can stagger him with your friend, and unlike pizza girl he can't even punish you
>no 1hit kill moves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEngwEZ1FbY
"A-team" my ass
>>
Yeah whatever. Im sure that literally no matter what kind of boss they would have made, your faggot ass would have found something to bitch about. Nothing would ever satisfy an autist like you.
>>
>>371955321
Snow king was great
>>
this fight looks like it would have been amazing, if he wasn't some Litterally-Who introduced in the first DLC.

A fight like this against someone you spent the whole game running into (what Oscar was meant to be in DaS1) would be goat. Instead it just another humsnoid fight, a pretty good one by the looks of things, but without any emotional connection it all melds together with all the other similar fights.
>>
File: 1489068824277.jpg (502KB, 1200x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1489068824277.jpg
502KB, 1200x1912px
>>371955079

> he's easy to beat if you summon help
>>
Look, another complaint thread utilizing improper greentexting and hyperbolic memery.

I love this board.
>>
Fuck you Miyazaki. Please fund me a trip to Japan. I so fucking want to kill this idiot for ruining the franchise. What the flying fuck man.
>>
Only on neo-/v/ would shitposters be bitching about there not being enough STORY in a fucking VIDEOGAME
>>
File: 1486142288723.jpg (140KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486142288723.jpg
140KB, 2048x1024px
>>371956756

IT FUCKING MATTERS WHEN THIS IS THE LAST EVER CONTENT IN YOUR 6 YEAR OLD FRANCHISE.THE DLCP IS SHIT. IT DOESNT CONCLUDE ANYTHING. NO VELKA NO SERPENTS NO GWYNEVERE. WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR FROM TO JUST MAKE A GOOD DLC WHY MUST THEY BE SUCH INCOMPETENT FUCKING ASIANS FUUUUUUUUUCK THIS. FUCK.
>>
>>371957129
Since when has Velka been relevant?
>>
>>371957336
Since ENB's constant wet dreaming about her.
>>
>>371957336

Since DaS1. Velkas Crow was the one that transported you to Lordran to punish the gods. She was the goddess of sin you know and rumored to be feared even by Gwyn kinda like how Zeus feared Nyx.
>>
File: soop.jpg (297KB, 617x600px) Image search: [Google]
soop.jpg
297KB, 617x600px
>>371955079
>>You can stagger him with your friend, and unlike pizza girl he can't even punish you
A lot of Dark Souls bosses are easy if you summon backup.

Gwyn was an absolute cakewalk if you summoned Solaire. He didn't even hit me the first time I fought him, and I was a scrub.
>>
>>371957612
Difference being most people won't be able to summon Solaire to fight Gwyn on a first playthrough nor will most know you can parry him.
>>
>>371957612
Gwyn is a cakewalk either way.
>>
>>371957129
Are you retarded? Gwynevere left after giving birth to Ocelote. The entire first dlc was about Velka and an entire ending is dedicated to Kaathe.
What could you possibly want more.
>>
how do I get to the new place
>>
>>371959990
kiln
maria ripoff room if you have first dlc
>>
Speaking of shit.

My char is some mcnigger shitface stuck in the middle of ng+ with autismo pvp build, how do i get into dlc from here? will it be ng+ difficult? What build will you suggest for autismo pve?
>>
>give the blood of the dark soul to loli girl
>gives some useless dialogue
>No new ending

Wow, fucking wow. This is such a terrible ending to the series, Soul of Cinder was better than this shit boss.
>>
Is it live? Steam says it goes live in a few hours
>>
>>371955079
can we just agree artorias fans need to stop
>>
>>371961795
i also agree miyazaki should stop and make a new boss for once
>>
How does Darkeater Midir fare compared to Kalameet
>>
File: 91.jpg (195KB, 1529x471px) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
195KB, 1529x471px
Apologize.
>>
>>371963109
No. The game was still bad comapred to DS1 it's just that it tried to be original and stand alone unlike DS3 which is just fanservice garbage.
>>
>>371963109
DaS2 had pretty good pvp, probably the best out of 3.
>>
>>371963109
>i will never hunt people in that pitch black shanty town poison area ever again
It's a terrible feeling.

Dark Souls 2 was pretty awful at times, but I still can't believe people like 3 over 2.
>>
>>371963109
I'm sorry you looked so terrible. I'm sorry they tried to hide the fact you looked so terrible up until game release.

And I thank you for sparing me wasting money on you.
>>
>>371963343
Nobody above 100 IQ cares about PvP. 2 is a shit game through and through, the worst in the series. Keep crying about Big M Tanimuracuck
>>
>>371963519
>nobody cares about pvp
>darksouls
:unamusedpepe:
>>
Torrent when?
>>
>>371963109
I'm sorry that you're the worst Souls game ever made.
>>
>>371963519
>waaa anyone who likes what I don't is STUPID
Wew.
>>
>>371955079
silly anon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIE_Japan_Studio

these are the real talent

From Software ARE the B-team
>>
>>371959462
>human size
>unable to parry
since when?
>>
I just wanted a DLC themed around the Angels :(
>>
I'm mad because I actually like Gael.
>>
>>371964094
I assumed bosses couldn't be parried because they were you know, bosses.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I imagine a lot of others would think the same.
>>
>>371963343
no it doesn't
>1000+ AR dark magic
>fastest magic in any dark souls game
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING, MOST POWERFUL ATTACK CAN BE PERFORMED SAFELY FROM A RANGE BRAVO Z-TEAM
>>
>>371964023
This. From should just work with Sony from now on.
>>
>>371963109
No Das2 is still absolute shit when compared to Das1.
>>
>>371960251
I'd tell you but your edgy buzzwords for the sake of saying buzzwords makes you out to be 14. Figure it out yourself big boy.
>>
>>371964434
It didn't had lagstab or WOG meta of das1 or LS+roll of das3. Magic is retarded strong yes, just like in other das...if you don't dodge. you roll just through every spell.

I found pvp in das2 quite balanced and nice, crystal enchant was a retarded shit though and in SOTFS they fucked up netcode and pvp became laggy mess.
>>
>>371964245
How? How can you like someone that barely has anything to do with the series, let alone the fucking game. He's dlc...DLC.
>>
File: 1480804714772.jpg (113KB, 952x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480804714772.jpg
113KB, 952x720px
So is it shit or not?

Sold my das copy months ago before first dlc and needed some convincing to rebuy the GOTY edition in a few weeks
>>
>>371963343
best of 3 in a series known for absolutely terrible pvp still can't be considered "good"
>monscim
>dark magic in general
>roll parry
>binoboost
>arena matches you up with havelmonsters 100SL higher than you
>jesters set and ironclad everywhere
>terrible pvp build variety
>spellswords stupidly powerful, punished harshly if you want to go pure phys, every build has either 30 faith or 30 int minimum
>other obvious invasion problems like SM, no red eye orb, shit invasion reward, etc.
>>
>>371955079
>summoning

Have you considered suicide lately?
>>
>>371959759
?????????????

explain
>>
>>371955079
>Final boss is another bearded old guy with a sword, in the middle of a gray desolate wasteland
It's not a homage, at this point they're just creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>371964370
Back when Dark Souls launched, people didn't realize Gwyn could be parried, as he's the only boss you can. He was actually a decent fight way back when.
>>
>>371964849
>HOW CAN YOU LIKE WHAT I DON'T LIKE WAAAH
>>
>autists are this passionate about fan theories

I thought pvpfags were autistic but holy shit you fags are even worse.
>>
>>371963109
The only reason why people shat on DS2 was because they had unrealistic expectations regarding a sequel to DS1. If DS2 was more in line with DS3 (ie an uninspired copy/paste retread in nearly every regard), people would have absolutely destroyed it.
But seeing how DS2 has lowered people's expectations, DS3 is hailed as some kind of a godsend of a game.
>>
>>371964886
>So is it shit or not?
It's meh at best, and worst dlc in the FROM history
And as a ending of the series it's pure shit
>>
>>371965556
damn that is disappointing to hear, i'l still play it, but i can't afford it nor the time to play at the moment so hopefully can get cheaper later.
>>
>>371965556
How? The last dlc had only 1 boss

Can't be worse
>>
>>371965810
It's not
He is just in denial or shitposting
>>
>>371964994
Ds2 went through some admittedly awful PvP "metas," but ultimately it introduced far more variety to PvP than any of the other games have.
>monscim
not as much of a problem as it was made out to be. The people abusing it were mostly idiots who didn't know that certain weapons couldn't be parried. Also, can't parry magic, or jumping attacks.
>dark magic in general
eh, It was the best, but if it wasn't something else would have been. At least dark magic was fleshed out and interesting, not tacked on sorceries and pyromancies. also, it required a lot of investment.
>roll parry
this one was bad but also not that widespread
>binoboost
fucking hilarious while it lasted
>arena matches you with havelmonsters 100SL higher than you
That's what happens when you stick to an arbitrary SL meta when you know that SM is actually what determines your matchmaking. Game was designed with the intent for the player to never stop leveling up. Also, softcaps and hardcaps make fighting overleveled people not a problem
>jesters set and ironclad set
The only problem with these is that they allow the person wearing them to perform backstabs. So hypocritical.
>terrible pvp build variety
absolutely untrue
>spellswords stupidly powerful
for the first and only time in souls history. But, the thing with Ds2 pvp was that skill made more of a difference than your build. Experience and skill beat out cheese builds.
>no red eye orb, only cracked
truly the worst thing about ds2 PvP.
>>
>>371965504
ds2 is a literally unfinished game with with ps2 tier graphics. Why do contrarians shill it so hard?
>>
>>371965810
Last dlc had 2 bosses, it's just they both were shit
But angry dog is better than demon prince(another last demon in the world except second one joins in the middle of fight) and Midir(it was hard to make dragon less dangereous than kalameet, but they did it)
>>
>>371966018
Don't get me wrong, I'm not really annoyed at the ability of ironclad/jesters itself, and I enjoyed being able to time my rolling attacks and combos to fuck over filthy parryfags
but "high" tier PvP in DaS2 makes everyone look like a fucking clown, everyone decked out with glowing blue and red weapons with a jesters hat and a massive turtle shell on their back or butterfly wings (which are admittedly neat) if you wanted to be a powergaming metafag you ended up looking like a fucking retard
Say what you will about DaS3 pvp I won't stop you since I think it's absolute trash for not having the roll/combo attack timing differences like I mentioned but at least people in that game don't look like they just came out of an endgame korean MMO raid
>>
>>371966075
Because they aren't contrarian shills, they actually like it. I know, must be crazy to you, the idea that someone can genuinely like something in spite of its flaws. I know your parents couldn't do that with you, and that's probably why you can't understand it, but do try to be a bit more open minded, whadaya say, johnny boy?
>>
>>371965309
You're not summing up my argument or answering my question. What is there to even like about a literally who? Or is DaS3 your first souls game?
>>
>>371966515
You could tell who was really good and who was not by the quality of their fashion. I hate to sound like I'm bragging, but Mastodon top with desert sorceress hood was fucking sexy
>>
>>371966749
You don't have an argument. There is no argument in not understanding that people can like things you don't like. Personally, I think just about every important character from Dark Souls is currently more interesting than Gael, but that doesn't mean Gael is worthless.
>>
>>371965127
Explain what? Gwynevere was queen of lothric. The usurp the fire ending is done with yurias questline.
>>
>>371966018
I only hated Monscim because it caused all pvp to grind to a fucking halt of jump-attacks or swapping to a weapon that couldn't be parried(but was still predictable) while they flailed a bananna around your face for 30 minutes.

I miss when magic had teeth though
>>
File: BB-The-Old-Hunters.jpg (433KB, 1280x1809px) Image search: [Google]
BB-The-Old-Hunters.jpg
433KB, 1280x1809px
So i wonder, what was the reception of this dlc when it was coming out on /v/?
>>
>>371955079
>summons help
>bitches about the difficulty

??
>>
>>371967030
It was Bloodborne so the thread was shitposted to hell and back by never-evers and people throwing the never-evers back at those who couldn't play it.

People who played it loved the everliving shit out of it and still do. Its the best work they've done.
>>
The only "lore" bit I care about:

Was there ANY mention of Vendrick, or what happened to the Bearer/Shanalotte after you fucked off with the crowns?
>>
>>371967030
god tier dlc
But on the other hand even poisoned city dlc was praised when it was released
It's just FROM really lowered quality with das3
>>
>>371966109
Friede is by far the best boss From has made
>>
>>371967030
Everyone masturbated to Ludwig, made fun of everything about Maria, and the general consensus was Kosm was pretty good.
>>
File: 1487523715572.png (73KB, 560x402px) Image search: [Google]
1487523715572.png
73KB, 560x402px
>>371963109
/v/ hates it because their favourite youtuber said so.
>>
>>371967183
Not canon
>>
>>371967012
I was lucky enough to get the monscim from the phantom in Aldia's on my very first NG+. This was weeks before it became the meta, but I had been using a curved sword to parry because the animation looked cooler. So when I found the monscim, I instantly switched it to my parry weapon because it looked better with the Heide knight set. I had already become decent at parrying but I thought I was a parry god for a a few weeks. Then the meta developed and people learned that the monscim was broken, and I was really bummed out. It was hard to transition to other parry styles. Only ever landed two UGS parries, but those were the most satisfying for sure.
>>
>>371967153
>>371967305
Hollowing has a cure in DaS3
>>
>>371967030
I can't recall a single From DLC pre DS3 being badly received here. Even DSII DLC was pretty great despite the constant shitposting
>>
>>371967263
She's slower and less dangerous copy of Maria
>>
>>371963109
I will not apologize for talking shit day and night about DASII on it's release. It was one of the worst games I ever played.

The 3 dlcs and the SOTFS changes really made me like the game but I will never apologize for shitting on the disaster that was vanilla dasii
>>
>>371967183
You find the shield of want in smoldering lake. Dont know about shanalotte
>>
>>371967263
>Massive HP sponge
>3 different health-bars
>1-shot/80% HP grab attack
>Invisibility
>Impossible to match pace dodges/safe-attacks so you wait for the 3 that are unsafe
>CAN BE STAGGERED(!!!!!)
>2nd Phase is dude who throws out Giant-AoE's while he's a HP sponge while she pings with magic
>2nd Phase is an Add phase
>3rd Phase is literally Maria with fuckoff AoE's every other attack so you spend 90% of the fight rolling around like a retard until you can hit her twice
Good music, but she's the epitome of everything annoying about Souls game bosses. She's not even hard. She's tedium incarnate.
>>
>>371967581
>It was one of the worst games I ever played.
You never played das3?
>>
>>371967496
Slower sure but in the end the fight is harder than maria ludwig orphan memeless king and twin princes combined.

Also the games were never about difficulty.

Blackflame friede is kino.
>>
>>371967675
I can agree with some of this. Compared to Artorias and O&S, the Friede fight feels like it was designed to be spectacle rather than mechanically engaging.
>>
File: nui.png (287KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
nui.png
287KB, 480x480px
>Story and lore fags will bicker over every last detail in DaS3
>mfw I'll continue playing DaS3, the Souls game with the best gameplay and best bosses

Have fun you fucking nerds, holy shit.
>>
>>371967675
Not a single one of those things is bad tho.
>>
>>371967389
I may not have loved DS2 vanilla, but its PvP was the most fun I've had in the series. So much build variety for those first few months(more so for PvE), you could do pretty much whatever you wanted and still get work done. Covenants worked perfectly(rat was fun as all fuck), the biggest issue was lack of solid orbs.

I'll never forget making the lowest SL possible character with Dark Fog in the belltower. Made each encounter a boss fight where if they got poisoned they were dead, but if they got to my frail as fuck ass I'd get 1-shot so easily it wasn't funny.

Belltwoer was too good.
>>
>>371968036
>DaS3, the Souls game with the best gameplay and best bosses
b8
>>
>>371968049
Taken individually sure, not terrible. Its the lump sum of the fight using all of them that makes the encounter shit.
>>371967991
Doubly disappointing after Maria, who was just as flashy, without any of the tedium.
>>
>>371968036
>anime girl poster
>shit la shit anime girl poster
>absolutely horrid taste

Like poetry
>>
>>371968086
It does have the best bosses though and improved gameplay
>>
>>371967294
>Some guy has an opinion, therefore no one else could have ever thought the same thing on their own
ya ok buddy
>>
>>371964849
Summon him faggot. The adventure is there.
You and oldman Gael struggling together against anime Friede.
>>
File: 1462826655624.png (177KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1462826655624.png
177KB, 480x272px
>using a shitty hammer

if you're gonna use a big weapon then why not a axe?

hammers are trash
>>
>>371967991
>Smostein being mechanically engaging
This is why noone takes dasbabies seriously. The ONLY good thing about the fight is when Smough smashes Ornstein and does a lightning spin.
>>
>>371968572
Ice literally rapes half of bosses
>>
Slave Knight Gael is legit a terrible boss to end the series on.

He's just a lame fusion of Orphan of Kos and Lady Maria, and his attacks all have massive windows to avoid or punish. The fucking body explosion takes like 8 seconds to charge so I sprinted the fuck away from him and then it literally on extends like 5 feet away from him.

Remember fucking King Allant's explosion? That shit that ate up 2/3 of the fucking arena? That fucking nuke was cool. This is fucking boring.
>>
>>371968616
>the only good thing about the fight is the cutscene
this is why no one takes you seriously. Just go watch a movie since you don't actually like video games.
>>
>>371959664
Not if you can't parry for shit.

like myself
>>
>>371969016
I didn't know you could parry him the first time I fought him and he was still crazy easy.
>>
>>371968884
>Remember fucking King Allant's explosion?

don't bring that shit boss as a good example

his AOE was a blatant free hit pass and he spams it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtu9OZfQ1yg
>>
>>371969014
What makes you believe I dont like video games? Because I don't like the same meme fights as you? Want a good boss? Gwyn. Want other good bosses? Champion Gundyr, friede, Orphan, twins, pontiff, micolash, mirror knight and whatnot. Smostein aren't good.
>>
>>371969213
>his AOE was a blatant free hit pass
And so is gael
Every souls except gehrman suffers from it
>>
>>371968086
>>371968234
ds1 and ds2 are literally unplayable after playing DS3 I'm sorry you got stunlocked and had a spaz
>>
>>371969635
but he obviously doesn't spam it for the whole entire fight, doesn't even use it besides later phase not to mention doesn't take as long as allants one

don't remember gwynn having one
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.