[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I stop getting mad at video games? I'm hoarse from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170308_16060284901.jpg (1MB, 3636x2727px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170308_16060284901.jpg
1MB, 3636x2727px
how do I stop getting mad at video games? I'm hoarse from screaming whenever I fuck up or lose and the picture speaks for itself
also have bruises on my leg from slapping it in rage
>>
>>369835243
>actively engaging in things that infuriate you
you can start by not being a fucking imbecile and admitting you have a problem.
>>
>>369835243
Shoot yourself every time you get mad instead
>>
>>369835243
Stop coming to /v/
>>
Seek sex probably
>>
>>369835243
Remind yourself that it is just a game. Remember you took the risk by even hitting the power button. You cannot control everything. You can't control your teammates. You can't win all the time.

Ask yourself why you're playing vidya. If the answer is anything besides "to have fun and enjoy myself," then you now know why you're upset.

When you get angry, turn off the game if it's that bad. Do breathing exercises or buy a punching bag. Go for a run or walk if you're too fat. Exercise is one of the best stress relievers.

Basically, remember that it's just a fucking game. Nothing is at stake if you lose except meaningless, fictional, Internet points.
>>
>>369835243
You should seek anger management therapy. I had really bad anger issues when I was a kid and anger management helped out a lot.
>>
>>369835243
You have to be 18 to post there.
>>
Maybe get gud? Idk fags maybe just kys
>>
>>369835954
fun meme
but anger issues are a real thing and anon here is looking for answers. If you're into the shitposting scene you could always make another >haha thread.
>>
>>369835243
Maybe stop playing games you suck at or are competitive. Stick to games that are fun
>>
>>369835243
autism fits. get help or it will manifest in your adult life.
>>
>>369835761
>>369836361
the thing is I have fun winning in competitive vidya, and don't have any other interests to pass my time with instead
anger is inevitable and I cannot cope with it except by being violent and loud to let it out, bottling it up and trying to control it makes it worse
>>369835954
>>369836446
I'm already an adult
>>
>>369836787
You have some serious anger-issues my friend, go to counseling.
>>
>>369836787
>anger is inevitable and I cannot cope with it except by being violent and loud to let it out, bottling it up and trying to control it makes it worse
It's good that you're seeking help, but /v/ can't help you. This problem will get worse as you get older and wind up destroying relationships/hobbies. Get counseling/therapy.
>>
>>369835761
just to add, I know nothing is at stake but it really hurts me personally when I'm losing because being good at video games is all I really have
when I can't even do that right even when I'm trying my hardest it just infuriates me at how much of a failure I am
>>
>>369835243
Git gud you skill-less loser. If you don't lose, then you won't get mad. Simple as that. Alternatively, realize that you may have undiagnosed autism for even getting mad at videogames in the first place and breaking things as a result. Go see a professional, you manchild.
>>
>>369835243
>take your meds
>go to therapy
>don't be born autistic
>>
>>369836787
Either this >>369837036

Or learn to control yourself. Actually read my post >>369835761 farther than the first paragraph. Take measures to control your anger. You don't have to not get angry, but each time it happens you should acknowledge it and try to lower the intensity, hence the punching bag or doing exercise.

Take the advice you're given online or fuck off and find a therapist you pathetic fuck.
>>
>>369837312
nigga just play games you are good at. you'll know which ones right when you start playing. you just do inherently better than you would in other games. you cant be good at all genra's
>>
>>369837312
Cry me a fucking river mab. You're a grown man. You need to take deep breaths when you feel an episode coming on. You aren't the best and you can't win every time. Playing vidja is all a lot of people have, but you don't see them breaking controllers when they lose.

Just research how to calm yourself via Google or take others advice and seek professional help.
>>
File: Better_Bob_Rope.jpg (822KB, 2900x2786px) Image search: [Google]
Better_Bob_Rope.jpg
822KB, 2900x2786px
>>369835243
Just stop being a whiny, pathetic loser.
>>
>>369837481
I do play games I'm good at, that's why it makes me so mad when I fuck everything up
if I don't know wtf I'm doing it's always way more fun, but once I reach a level of competence where I'm confident that I can win losing starts pissing me off exponentially more
>>369837424
>>369837552
I honest to god don't know how to be angry in a controlled way when I'm not around other people risking embarrassment
that's the only feeling strong enough to overcome the anger and make me restrain myself, alone playing online though I can't stop it
>>
I never understood the whole breaking controllers when you get mad. Nigger they cost 40 quid to replace.

I used to get mad and punch my wall sometimes when I was a teenager.
>>
>>369837424
>Take the advice you're given online or fuck off and find a therapist you pathetic fuck.
this bears repeating. Don't ask for advice and say 'but i get SOOOO mad :c'

if you don't actively engage in the act of solving this problem it will only get worse, and complaining about it to strangers will do nothing. Read up on it, study it, conquer it, become stronger for the journey of self mastery.

or just blow off all advice and continue to be a miserable, angry fuck, shit I honestly don't fucking care
>>
File: 1488842784823.jpg (33KB, 333x471px) Image search: [Google]
1488842784823.jpg
33KB, 333x471px
>>369835243
I was there op. MGO2 pissed me off left and right, and as a result, I went through controllers left and right.

There's no magical 7 step system I can tell you about, but I can talk to you about it.

One thing you should realize, is that controllers range from $60 to like $70 if you want white or camo I guess. So keep that in mind.

Another thing, is that if you live in a home with other people, it's embarrassing, and you're freaking them out everytime they hear a loud bang from your room, followed by a grunt or yell.

Another thing that might even help you get gud, is that realizing that getting mad is only going to hamper your playstyle and make you throw patience and planning out the window in favor of blind rage, which will result in you getting killed even more, and getting madder and madder. So it's important to practice humility, and laugh at yourself for making a mistake and strive to do better, or if you're playing online, look up to the fags that're killing you ( unless they're employing cheap tricks and tactics ) and strive to reach their levels. It's all about good sportsmanship at the end of the day.
>>
>>369837975
to be fair that controller in particular was already fucked up and busted from unrelated causes, I at least restrain myself from breaking anything new/expensive or stuff I use regularly
although I've run out of junk to smash at this point
>>
1. Don't ask /v/ for advice
2. Take deep breaths or go do some exercise if you're still mad after 5-10 minutes
3. Research alternative methods of calming yourself and find one that routinely works for you
4. Don't ask /v/ for advice
5. Just go do something else for fucks sake. Read a book, listen to some music, watch a movie etc

>>369837975
not him but usually breaking a controller was the last straw for me and I'd take a break from vidya for a few days and do something else while the new controller was in transit or whatever. Punching walls worked for a while but having to repair them was a good motivator to not do that anymore.
>>
You should accept that you are not as good as you think you are. If you lose it is because you did something wrong. Getting mad only make since if you have the false perception that you did not mess up and think you are better than the other players. Rather than getting mad you should be trying to understand how you messed up so you can get better. In the event that it is a team based game, you should also realize that it is essentially a friendly pickup game unless you have a full team of people you know. The game may call it competitive mode, but that is a lie.
>>
>>369837975
wall costs more to repair
>>
>>369835243
Understand its just a game it has no bearing on the real world and its just a time waster that is suppose to be used when ur doing nothing else with ur time. Also understand your probably not having fun playing that game. Go do something actually fufilling. Not saying gaming isn't but it doesnt come close to real life accomplishments. Anyone who says different is a loser who probably wont get far in life.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.