[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Splatoon 2 confirms LAN support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: 1459989491877.png (2MB, 1080x1749px) Image search: [Google]
1459989491877.png
2MB, 1080x1749px
>It’s already known that in Splatoon 2, up to eight Switch systems can be connected through local wireless. But on the series’ Tumblr page, Nintendo spoke about another secret LAN Play feature. This can be used to connect eight docked systems using a wired LAN setup. In doing so, you can participate in local Private Battle tournaments without connecting to the internet.

Spectator mode was also announced alongside this.

Nintendo adds:

>“If you’re willing to put in the work to set up LAN Play, you can also use the Private Battle Spectator View feature by hooking up two additional Nintendo Switch systems. Local wireless play is perfect for your regular gaming get-togethers, but LAN Play is where it’s at when you want to organize a serious tournament event with your fellow players.”
>>
>>367117864

Can't wait to have to buy that ethernet port.
>>
File: 1456325025511.jpg (40KB, 554x313px) Image search: [Google]
1456325025511.jpg
40KB, 554x313px
Spectator footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS0RiyuzqQ0

>Just like in the real world, two years have passed in Splatoon 2’s world. Music in the last game sounded like pure rock. Since two years had passed, tastes have changed, and young residents of the squid world now tend to listen music that’s a bit more advanced and with a twisted feel, which is featured in the game itself.

>Some gear will be carried over from the original, but the developers will add in a lot of new content here. There are completely new designs, and just like sneakers in our world, even if the shape is the same, coloring trends tend to change. That kind of thing is reflected in Splatoon 2. Nogami also basically seems to talk about how in the ’90s, high-tech Nike sneakers may have been hip, but it was later outdated and wearing more low-cut sneakers would be popular. The same kind of thing is happening in the squid world.

>The team purposely tried keeping the same game properties and main controls from Wii U. Even on Wii U, you can’t see two different displays at once. When playing on that console, you were moving your gaze back and forth. Nintendo essentially replaced that with button controls.
>>
File: 1471415568958.png (339KB, 698x289px) Image search: [Google]
1471415568958.png
339KB, 698x289px
>Nintendo came up with the current system after plenty of trial and error. In Splatoon 2, players can still control their character while displaying the map. The map was fixed in a bird’s-eye view on Wii U, but if you move with gyro controls, the map also moves. Nintendo wants the map to be viewed in a 3D sense. That way you can more easily recognize where enemies are or where areas have been painted (and maybe how much your team / the opposition has painted in terms of percentage).

>Nogami was asked about touch controls for Super Jump. Nintendo experimented in various ways, but ultimately decided to only use buttons.

>Splatoon 2 will of course have a single-player campaign just like the original. The Squid Research Lab is still “researching” it, but it is planned to have the same volume of content as the first title. Also, like the last game, Nintendo wants the campaign to serve as a way of players to become familiar with the controls if they’re hesitant to jump right into the competitive scene. They also want to show the depth of the squid world similar to what had done with Sunken Scroll.

>Since fans bought the amiibo and feel attached to them, he will make sure that they can be used in Splatoon 2. Nogami asks fans to keep the figures with them.

>Splatoon 2 will naturally be a part of Switch’s overall online service / subscription. Nogami talks about how if you post something like, “Does someone want to battle?” on social media, you can get together with others and create a nice temporal community. Then you can battle while communicating via voice chat, and when it’s finished, you can dissolve the community. Nintendo is planning on building a system so players can do things like this easily.
>>
>>367117864
I creamed people when I got a chance to play 13th of last month
I felt bad, but i really just wanted to know if I could play well with some new controllers

The being able to see who on what team has what weapon and if their super is active is the best addition above the rest I've seen in the whole game

What fucked with me but Im sure I'll get over is that when you press X to bring up the map and super jump, you can direct a cursor with the motion control to choose where to jump to, I guess for whatever scenario you simple can't take your thumb of the left stick I suppose

Its fun, but then again Im a fag who only uses his wii u for splatoon anymore so I have strong opinions on the shit most likely
>>
File: 1455799232606.jpg (41KB, 1000x654px) Image search: [Google]
1455799232606.jpg
41KB, 1000x654px
>Miiverse posts worked especially well during Splatfests. As an example, when there was the “Cat vs. Dog” competition, a lot of player posts were sort of like memes. It was almost like a call and response between developers and players. There is no Miiverse on Switch, but Nogami wants to create a similar feature which will generate the same kind of excitement which is created by the interaction between developers and players.

>Dealing with lag is difficult, but Nintendo is considering various ways of dealing with it. The transmission data size has been decreased thanks to some optimization, meaning connection errors will happen less than in the first Splatoon. Also, Nintendo will be trying to match players who are closer together or on a similar communication quality as much as possible. Various improvements from the last game are being implemented in Splatoon 2 as well.

>Splatoon was a new IP on Wii U, so everyone could begin from the same starting point. But with Splatoon 2, there are those who played the last one and others who will be coming in completely new. Nogami wants both types of players to be satisfied. In order to strike a balance, Nintendo is putting an emphasis on making Splatoon 2 fun to control and play above all else. Strategy comes comes after that. Nogami points out how if you don’t feel enjoyment when you kick a ball, you won’t want to continue playing soccer. He thinks strategy will be built by players gradually, and wants to grow the environment together with players. If Nintendo adds new weapons and stages at once, some players will be left behind, so content will be added by carefully watching how players interact with the game.

Especially happy that they addressed the miiverse concern.
>>
>>367118724
>best addition above the rest I've seen in the whole game

this is how I know you're a fellow S-tier.
Cursor is gyro controlled right?
>>
>>367118964
>S-tier
Only on a good day when I'm really feeling ranged blaster on a tower control
Otherwise I hover back and forth from mid A+ to High A
Only been in S tier for about a week or two (every morning one hour play, because my mind is freshest in doing so) Then got bumped when I got tired of just being a chargefag and wanted to goof a bit

Gyro controlled yeah
The map was tiny as hell and I didn't know at the time the 3 point landing blast thing could be used from jumps so I never used it

I kept reaching for the old control method and it fucked with me for a while
especially B being jump since the right stick is beneath it

Now people will actually be able to time supers and know when its safe to make a move if some piece of shit Eltire3k is out for a bit or something
>>
>>367117864
>This can be used to connect eight docked systems using a wired LAN setup. In doing so, you can participate in local Private Battle tournaments without connecting to the internet.

While more options is ALWAYS better, you could play wireless local without internet as far as I know. The 3ds could at least.
>>
Hype as fuck.
>>367118601
>They also want to show the depth of the squid world similar to what had done with Sunken Scroll.
Super fucking hype.
>>367118790
>There is no Miiverse on Switch, but Nogami wants to create a similar feature which will generate the same kind of excitement which is created by the interaction between developers and players.
Mega fucking hype.

I want it I want it I want it.
I read somewhere on a product listing that the game is not releasing until September 30th.
Is this legit?
I'd be somewhat relieved as I need to save up money this year.
>>
>>367119343
As long as you crossed over into it. That shit takes serious work. You basically have to be able to win games by yourself unless the game has changed since my Wii U was kill.

Is it the same floaty jump?

>Now people will actually be able to time supers

muhdik. I'll actually want to use private battles this time
>>
>>367119520
I guess they just want to push the esports meme, which makes sense since it's always free marketing.
>>
Looks good. Switch is looking like a portable wii u with better AA.

Got that shit on preorder.
>>
>>367118790
>There is no Miiverse on Switch, but Nogami wants to create a similar feature which will generate the same kind of excitement which is created by the interaction between developers and players.
Well boys, they closed the gap between Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2. Let's be honest, the community side of the first Splatoon (the miiverse posts on the mainplace) really made the game more vibrant.
>>
>>367117864
Shame the game is boring as fuck and is such a shallow, entry-level TPS. If I know this wouldn't get boring after a few weeks, I might even get a Switch.

A Mario Kart port isn't enticing at all.
>>
Just give me a model viewer/poser and access to Marie's model in skimpy clothes. That's all I want.
>>
File: 1483952003919.png (1006KB, 1492x1464px) Image search: [Google]
1483952003919.png
1006KB, 1492x1464px
>>367119520
You're talking about the top, which has always been in. But you can also have a wired connection through ethernet.
>>
>>367119846
You can private battle without having a full 8 players if I remember right

It all felt the same, for some reason it felt slower to me, but thats only because I was playing with people who'd never laid a hand on the game I think.

Its definitely not slower for sure, but unless I was playing the games side by side I couldn't tell you 100%

I stopped thinking about what I felt and how I felt about it when I started getting into how to play duelies

Playing handheld mode fucked with me quite a bit
Playing on the pro controller setups changed my mind on those things entirely
The face buttons I think are actually bigger than any pad of its shape, the texture grip is pleasant to touch, Dpad has a sharp nice click to it, and the gyro is super tight

I'm livid about paying 100 bucks for the fucking thing, but I just had to I never felt so good towards a controller on first touch.
>>
>>367120782
So using gyro controls in handheld mode with the joycons attached was awkward?
>>
>>367120985
Only as awkward as you aren't used to playing local 2 player 1v1
Which I never did, I don't know any people who would be warm to the idea of splatoon if they didn't have their own console

Its only as awkward as just looking at the screen you're flicking and tilting around to aim whilst also trying to sit on a fake grind railing block as the booth set up whilst also being attached to the anti theft teathers

I could probably get used to playing it in handheld mode for fun, but I would probably just detatch the joycons eventually in that instance because I'd rather only have my hands moving, not my head with it
>>
File: 1460373920777.jpg (13KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1460373920777.jpg
13KB, 236x236px
>>367121240
>I could probably get used to playing it in handheld mode for fun, but I would probably just detatch the joycons eventually in that instance because I'd rather only have my hands moving, not my head with it

You know I think the comfiness and accessibility of the detachment mechanic is slept on. I naturally just feel the need to imagine the game as one unit with everything attached, but really I'd probably find myself using tabletop mode anytime I can set it down.
>>
BERETS
WHEN
>>
>>367122051
the right analog stick is easier to reach, for some reason, when playing detached.
I only got to do that with zelda, and suddenly the whole consoles concept came screaming in my head of all the dumb shit ways I'm gonna play this thing

Sitting on my pants when on the toilet while I slouch down and wrap my arms around the back of my calves
Laying in bed with the screen on my gut or chest and my arms separate and under the cover

Its a comfy console. Playing 3ds in bed is nice but my arm gets sore because I'm a side sleeper
>>
>>367117864
How do you have LAN when the fucking console doesn't even have an ethernet port?
>>
>>367123907
Adapter sold separately.
>>
File: 87678.jpg (49KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
87678.jpg
49KB, 720x404px
>>367124083
wow nintendo
>>
>>367124125
I imagine WLAN is possible too, the PSP could do that.
>>
>>367124251
see >>367120630
>>
File: 1484822301295.gif (1MB, 540x386px) Image search: [Google]
1484822301295.gif
1MB, 540x386px
>>367117864
Sounds very good, hopefully this smartphone interface matchmaking isn't too weird to use.
>>
>>367119830
September 30 is just the end of the financial quarter where Splatoon 2 will be releasing, you'll see that date listed for anything with an unconfirmed release date from that quarter

just like BotW was listed as a March 30 release date before its actual release date was confirmed
>>
File: 1480528375763.jpg (18KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1480528375763.jpg
18KB, 400x299px
>>367122690
sounds comfy

3ds is a pain in the ass in bed if you like 3d at all
>>
>>367118369
>Some gear will be carried over from the original
whelp, here's hoping the Squid Girl set somehow survives
>>
>>367117864
Please lord, let there be another testfire
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.