[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Witcher 2 >>>>>> Witcher 1 > Witcher 3 Agree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15

File: Witcher_2_cover.jpg (21KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_2_cover.jpg
21KB, 300x420px
Witcher 2 >>>>>> Witcher 1 > Witcher 3

Agree?
>>
>>360976747

witcher 2 is easily the worst of the series.
>>
File: 1000.jpg (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1000.jpg
128KB, 1000x1000px
>no remakes of W1/W2 with W3 engine and gameplay

suffering
>>
>>360976747
Each game is great, but I think 2 > 3 > 1.
>>
>>360976747
I like witcher 3 the most tbhpham
>>
Why do people like The Witcher games

1 was so campy and janky
2 was just all around underwhelming aside from graphics
3 is tolerable but gets massive credit for literally just not being unfinished shit

That's where our industry is. A finished game that runs well is GOAT

I want the 6th gen back.
>>
>>360976868
I would absolutely love if this would happen.
>>
File: dragon.jpg (677KB, 789x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.jpg
677KB, 789x1080px
I like the story more in W2, but there's so much freedom with the gameplay and shit to do in W3 that I have to go with it. But Geralt is still cooler looking and sounding in 2.
>>
First 2 witcher games are garbage
>>
>>360976747
Witcher 3 is popular REEEEE
>>
>>360977128
What's wrong with 3?
>>
>>360976868
Man, it feels good knowing someone shares my ideas.
I'd latch it to w3 and just call it "witcher"

All 3 games connected together in the same engine, 150+h in a single passthrough
>>
>>360977128

W2 had an amazing story desu. That's my only reason for loving it so much
>>
>>360976868
Please let this happen
>>
>>360976747
i only played one of them, it's called "The Witcher"
>>
File: Witcher 2.png (2MB, 1662x1608px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 2.png
2MB, 1662x1608px
>>360976747
>>
>>360977494
It's popular, so /v/ hates it.
>>
>>360977494

The story from W1 and W2 was derailed by Geralt's quest for Ciri
>>
>>360977494
3 doesnt have a single connection to 1 or 2,the story went on its on so far of what was intended that it doesnt matter.
Thats ok but its hardly likable as a game in the series.
>>
>>360976747
witcher 1 = witcher 2 (for different reasons though) > witcher 3 ( because it was too big for it's own good and forgot what previous games did best)
>>
3 is the only one even worth playing.
>>
>>360976868
>wanting nu-CDPR to make Witcher 1
They'd probably "fix" the fact that you can fuck the Dryad girl multiple times and censor her as well.
https://a.pomf.cat/fvqsqi.png
>>
>>360979797
>nu-CDPR
Who?
>>
>>360979797
nu cdpr would never make game like witcher 1 ever again, it was unique game made by unique people but right now cdpr is no longer unique, they went global and multinational i worry that cyberpunk 2077 will be the most safe and the most generic among their games, it will stand out from the average games but it will never be unique.
>>
>>360980038
Only a few of the old developers are still working for CDPR.
>>
Man no.

Witcher 1 > Witcher 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dragon Age: Inquisition > Witcher 2
>>
>>360980154
>Witcher 1 was unique
>Witcher 2 wasn't as unique but wasn't generic
>Witcher 3 was yet another generic open world game
>>
>>360980175
That's because actually working there is awful. I mean you get the nice CV but it's like constant crunch time bad.
>>
File: Wild hunt.jpg (139KB, 1344x594px) Image search: [Google]
Wild hunt.jpg
139KB, 1344x594px
>>360976747
2>3>1

Who would win, White Walkers from GOT or the Wild Hunt?
>>
>>360980270
Fuck you tw2 was pretty good and it had nice c&c and for the love of god it wasn't worse than tw1, it had much better story then tw3 ever hoped to have.
>>
>>360980317
>>Witcher 3 was yet another generic open world game
Name a game released after 2006 that does a better job with an open world.

Or are you just one of those "open world is inherently bad" babbies?
>>
>>360978105
Did you forget that you roll in the first Witcher or something?
>>
>>360980548
risen 1
>>
File: Tw3_Tir_na_Lia.jpg (31KB, 1000x367px)
Tw3_Tir_na_Lia.jpg
31KB, 1000x367px
>we will never, EVER get a game set in Tir ná Lia
>>
>>360980650
Not with that 200% doge talent you dont.
Its ridiculous and a joke.
>>
>>360980765
also why the 360 controller?
>>
>>360980473
Walkers. The wild hunt looked like a bunch of chumps during the five minutes they appeared in w3.
>>
>>360980897
Because it was made to be played with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard.
>>
>>360976747
W1 > W2=W3
>>
>>360980897
Take a guess.
The UI is build for it and its amazing how short if fails when playing on PC.
>>
>>360980968
Same with witcher 3, except with witcher 2 it was much easier and felt more natural to play with m&k. Witcher 3 m&k controlls are awful and afterthought,
>>
>>360978263
>W1 and W2 had a unified story
No.

>W1
>A religious cult uses Witcher mutagens to try and take over the world to prevent the apocalypse. You only get drawn into the plot because they attack you at the beginning so you're out for revenge. In the end cinematic you prevent an assassination attempt on the king.

>W2
>You're falsely-accused of murder and set out to clear your name. On the way the numerous regicides that occur mean a big power vacuum so you get drawn into one of two sides trying to benefit from the chaos. Turns out the assassinations were a ploy from a third party to destabilize the northern kingdoms and make them more vulnerable to invasion.

>W3
>The invasion results in a stalemate, meaning that the emperor of the invading country needs to change something. Also he doesn't have an heir. So he gets you to track down your adopted (and his biological) daughter. On the way you realize that she's trying to prevent the same apocalypse as the first game. So you simultaneously get pulled into the political intrigue of the war and various succession crises while also trying to help your daughter.

W3 actually unifies the plots of the two games rather nicely I thought.

Worst thing about 3 is if you took Iorveth's path in 2 then nothing you did mattered and lolnoclosure for those plots. Do they even tell you what became of independent Vergen? Or Saskia for that matter?
>>
>>360976747

I liked em all about the same, each one had it's strengths and flaws, though I would say I had some of the most fun with Witcher 3.
>>
>>360981439
Do they even tell you what became of independent Vergen? Or Saskia for that matter?
No because fuck you to the fans of the series, we want new console audience that never played previous games and couldn't understand more fleshed out story with a background for shit.
>>
File: fate of vergen.png (2MB, 937x1282px) Image search: [Google]
fate of vergen.png
2MB, 937x1282px
>>360981439
There was a comic that was released with Hearts of Stone that covers what happens to Vergen, it was done by the same people that did the Reasons of State comic for Witcher 2, it was alright sadly not as good as everyone hoped it would be, especially since Iorveth was like: "lol nope I'm out" all of a sudden.
>>
If you like TW2, you are mentally deficient
>>
File: 1283644465611[1].jpg~c200.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1283644465611[1].jpg~c200.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>360982281
>>
>>360981439
vergen was razed to the ground, saskia fucked off and iorveth's body was used as target practice
>>
>>360976747
No.
Fuck you.

TW1:EE > 3 > > > 2.
>>
File: 4243.jpg (25KB, 575x124px) Image search: [Google]
4243.jpg
25KB, 575x124px
witcher 2 was actually engrossing
>>
File: DROWNERS.jpg (771KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
DROWNERS.jpg
771KB, 1680x1050px
3>2>1

1 has a truly magic atmosphere which I seriously adore, and there's several very nice aspects to it like fun side quests, balancing between factions etc. But it's also clunky as fuck, can be a chore to play at times, and the story is a bit of a jumbled fan service-y mess where CDPR weren't yet confident enough to veer away from the original story.

2 has the best story imo with lots of political intrigue and needs to played multiple times to understand all the layers. While still rough around the edges, it's a lot more polished but also lost some of the charm of the first one.

3 has the best of both worlds imo. although the story often feels like it lacks the depth of 2, which is a shame, with the last act being resolved too fast with the lackluster villains. Other than that, it's mostly a few missed opportunities like weapon unlocks, but the amount of solid side quests and quality of the world building is amazing.
>>
>>360976747
As much as I love W2, Letho can't save it from being the worst game in the series, still a great fucking RPG though.
>>
>Story
W2>W3=1
Witcher 3 had nice sidestories but the main quest was fucking awful.
>McGuffin is in Velen!
>Oh no the McGuffin is actually in Novigrad!
>Oh noo the McGuffin is actually in Skellige!
>Ohh nooo the McGuffin is actually in Velen again!
Fuck this shit, who thought this was ok? Literally Gothic 3 tier main quest.
Witcher 1 was just campy. Fun for sure but impossible to take seriously

>Gameplay
W3>W1>W2
Sure the combat is boring in W3, but it's leagues above the rhythm game in W1 and the poor man's DeS that was W2

>Atmosphere
W1>W3>W2
Not that W2 was bad per se, I just didn't enjoy its somewhat high fantasy setting as much as I enjoyed the slav-fiesta that was W1 and Velen.

>OST
hard to judge, I found them all excellent.
Witcher 3's use of shrieking female voices was pretty cool, gave the game a very special vibe.
>>
>Literally all excellent games for different reasons

Worst thing about 2 and 3 is the way they changed potions and oils from 1. 1's potion use was super nuanced and the series got less so the further along it went, which is too bad.

Are there mods that fix 3 to have alchemy more like 1?
>>
>>360982945
>2 has the best story imo with lots of political intrigue

>intense combat scene
>possible loot drops for armor
>one time deal in the game
>combat ends
>immediately cuts to a in game cinematic
>immediately cuts back to scene across the map

W2 has its shares of bs as much as W1 does.
Please dont talk shit,I played on dark and got fucked one too many times because of this bullshit not to mention cinematis where they talks fast and unrelated to the current events that by the end of it you feel like some alien described how it fucked your mother and you are still not sure what to do about it.
The journal doesnt help and explain like a normal person that Dandelion is full of shit.

>MUH FED EX QUEST IS W1
>while whole chapter 2 in W2 is a fucking fed ex
>>
>>360983124
In W1 you could get different effects depending on what potion / alcohol you used as base for your potions, right?
That was really cool.

I also enjoyed the bomb mechanics in W2, it was broken but fun.

Kinda mad that cat doesn't highlight humanoids arteries anymore, that was really cool in W2
>>
what I loved were the cinematics in 2's enhanced edition, they really fit the game well and weren't forced at all
>>
>>360977735
Those faggots should give you a job tbqh because I'd give you my money for this.
>>
>>360983105
I don't think the "your Ciri is in another castle!" was that bad, when you were mostly dealing with almost unrelated stories of the people who had been near her.
It is a big shame though how there's not much of a mystery compared to 1 and 2 - the only one here stemming from the fact that your daughter-fu isn't there to feed you the required exposition to a not terribly complicated situation. Now that I think about, I reckon that's my main issue with the main quest, it's too simple and straight forward. But at least the expansions had more of a mystique to them which is appreciated.
>>
>>360983568
>In W1 you could get different effects depending on what potion / alcohol you used as base for your potions, right?
Not to mention if you got the second ingredient to be the same in all slots for the potion would give you extra effect,example all red in a Cat potion would give you vitality/swallow like effect on top of nightvision.
The alchemy system really suffered in the second game.
>>
>>360983568
To a degree. Formulas called for different ingredients vs different specific plants/ herbs, so you could make the same potion with different ingredients. iirc the different herbs always contained a couple substances so you could feasibly have the same potion with different secondary and tertiary effects.

Also that lasted for much longer. So you could be strategic about it:

>I need these effects for these fights
>pop 2 or three potions which last a few hours, wait until your toxicity drops but those effects are still in place, then take potions with shorter durations.
>There is a potion that gives you a VERY gradual health regeneration, and one that instantly heals a bunch of health. The classic RPG health potion is a huge hit to your toxicity however.

They all last 30 seconds and it bugs me because I remember how it used to be.
>>
>>360983414
I don't believe I ever took those quirky moments of tw2 in defense. Spending two chapters running back and forth in the swamp looking for those gems or whatever was still more tedious than anything 2 put me through though.
>>
>>360976747
Witcher 1 sucks. The gameplay is absolutely terrible and a good amount of the quests are just fetch quests. The detective quest was cool and there were some cool moments but most of the game isn't good
>>
>>360984341
Fair enough.
I was just pointing out the flaws of both and the swamp was not as bad as you think since i replayed the first game like a two weeks ago on hardest difficulty.
Play your talents right,lots of alchemy and potions its becomes less than pain in the ass but still unpleasant at times.
In all you really need to know the shit if you plan to take the swamp by its horns.

Now the second while offers better plot for some people i fail to see how it can deliver it because it doesn't have nearly the same amount of books you need to track down to give you current run down of the situation or why a witcher should be concerned for it.
You can by all the scrolls of books,all formulas and diagrams in chapter 1 from the mysterious merchant.
Wow what a challenge,King Tadovik still dont mean shit in the second game because why the fuck should it after all you saved the fucking cunt princess and give him to be his wife and all you get is two lines of dialog from him.
Temeria is in chaos?
Too fucking bad the regent is revealed in chapter 3 for 2 seconds while the stake of the norden kingdoms is in your hands.
>>
I like how neither Anais La Valette nor Saskia had any significance in TW3 at all.
Witcher 2 is just like Mass Effect 2: fun on it's own but absolutely meaningless as an entry in the series. The plot mattered fuck all in the end
>>
>>360985518
which is annoying because it had the best plot in the series
>>
>>360985518
this sums it up pretty nicely
>>
>>360985134
True, the swamp got a bit much of a meme status, although I certainly weren't unhappy to be done with it.
Not entirely sure how to respond to your second paragraph though. I'm not saying the story was perfect, but it did more to keep me interested in the workings behind the scenes than the other two games.
>>
>>360985518
Only difference being unlike Bioware they never claimed there would be big huge epic consequences spanning the entire trilogy. They were always up front about how any consequences between games would be minor references, that's it.
>>
What happend to Iorveth and Saskia? Did they die?
>>
>Only way to have the North remain independent is to either let a psychopath keep burning people at the stake or let a guy who's mostly cool kill your friends

Djikstra, they helped me at Kaer Morhen, you didn't. Why the fuck would I let you kill them?

What's the good end? DESU Djikstra in charge of The North seems good but I can't let him kill Roche and Ves. Rad the Mad is no fucking good, and Nilfgaard I can't decide on. Ostensibly not all the bad except it's a fucking totalitarian dictatorship that caves in on itself if it doesn't get an heir, leading to even more chaos in less than a generation.

Although it could be argued that totalitarianism maybe isn't that bad when the alternative is feudalism?

I dunno.
>>
3 was a good game
it just wasn't a good witcher game

:^)
>>
>>360986382
Nilfgaard taking over was always the lesser evil in the long run.
It's not like the North was some kind of amazing bastion of good - it was always plagued by shitty kings and petty infighting and would be lost to an absolute rad man burning everyone at the stake. Nilfgaard isn't perfect and there would definitely be turmoil, but it's honestly better that way.

Although if Dijkstra's ending wasn't tied to a quest that clearly ran out of time, I'd consider that more.
>>
>>360986382
When do I even get to that choice? I agreed to help Dijkstra and Roche assassinate Radovid the Rad, but besides talking to some guard this subplot hasn't progressed ata all yet
>>
>>360986964
I actively liked the Nilfgaardians tbqh. I'm not sure if I was "supposed to" or not, but I did.
>>
>>360978105
Come on. That part when he said fuck you was kinda cool. The rest was shit especially compared to the games of the same genre released before it.
>>
>>360987079
It comes up once you advance the main story.
>>360987128
They're not worse than the northerners, but can still be arrogant pricks.
>>
>>360986382
>>360986964
I'm still ass hurt about how they tied up that quest.
Choosing between Dijkstra or THREE of your bros is no choice at all, which pissed me off since I liked Dijkstra. And it's made worse by how contrived it is - even if they had run out of time to do it like they initially wanted. They should've at least given us the option to spare him, simply have him run away or fuck it, even falling down the stairs and breaking his neck would've been a better conclusion.
But him jumping into the fray is the absolute dumbest shit ever.
>>
>>360987487
They're arrogant, yeah, but given that the series had good enough characters and storytelling that most people were somehow morally grey rather than having "good guys" and "bad guys", I found the Nilfgaardians to be generally admirable. All things considered.
>>
>>360976747
You got it backwards buddy
>>
>>360976747
Actually, the exact inverse
>>
3>1>2

this is simple
>>
>>360987421
>Everyone complains about the "fuck you dialogue option"
>It actually fits geralts character
>Doesnt negatively impact the game
>Is actually kind of funny
why did people whine again?
>>
File: 20161216073640_1.jpg (75KB, 583x414px) Image search: [Google]
20161216073640_1.jpg
75KB, 583x414px
find somebody that loves tw series more than me

go ahead, ill wait

im about halfway done playing tw3, on a save ive carried over from tw1->tw2->tw3

i dont really like open world rpgs but tw3 blows bethesda's stuff out of the waters. combat isn't perfect, probably because they keep trying to ape dark souls, but it's leagues beyond others of its kind. same with the story, voice acting, and quests

tw3 is a good game
>>
File: 1440607514458.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440607514458.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
Help me understand the story
The Wild Hunt is chasing down Ciri because of her Elder Blood to teleport entire worlds/armies.
Anyone who's been been Skellige has noticed that there is baron terrain of literally nothing for miles.
The wild hunt can easily make portals anywhere there isnt a Sorceress.
So why don't they take over Skellige and then ship troops to all over Geralt's world with their fancy portals?
>>
File: 1475017509536.jpg (71KB, 484x539px) Image search: [Google]
1475017509536.jpg
71KB, 484x539px
>>360976747
Haha no

2 is good but it's still the worst game in the series

1>3>2
>>
>>360976747
Sounds contrarian
>>
>>360981743

You kill saskia lul
>>
>>360986369
Someone from the CDPR team confirmed they're both still alive. TW3 was supposed to have some Iorveth side story but it was cut
>>
File: b2e.jpg (18KB, 167x263px) Image search: [Google]
b2e.jpg
18KB, 167x263px
I tink Witcher 2 is the weakest in the series, but I still love all three games.
>>
>None of the cool-ass armors from 2 make a comeback
>Fucking Eskel is wearing W2 armor

Motherfuckers!

I want my striped trousers and cool jackets. :c
>>
>>360989175
181 hours on Witcher 2 and 291 on Witcher 3 biatch.
>>
>>360980992
This.

The combat in W2 is just dogshit. Which is the reason I didn't bother playing more than a few hours of it.

>Roll
>Roll
>Stab
>Roll
>Roll
>Roll
>Spell
>Roll

Yawn... Shame because I like the universe / story.
>>
File: Tw_comics_Where_is_Iorveth.jpg (246KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tw_comics_Where_is_Iorveth.jpg
246KB, 1280x720px
>>360989669
Why the fuck didn't they include him the in the DLC? Missed opportunity
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.