[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a LiS thread? Favorite Episode? Favorite character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 30

Can we have a LiS thread?

Favorite Episode? Favorite character? Favorite moment?

What do you think of the game, overall?
>>
Well for me, I'll say that my favorite episode was 4.

I wasn't expecting them follow through with that alternate timeline the way they did. And the decision to put Chloe to sleep was maybe the hardest one in the game, even though I assumed Max would return to the original timeline soon after.
>>
>>324346104
>>324347401

Shut up faggot.
>>
>>324347827
Did you like the game, anon?
>>
>>324346104
If the game sold itself as a "Disney Teen Drama" and it was honest to itself about it's lazy writing and stupid plot restrictions just for the sake of pushing the narrative, then I'd probably like it.

As it is though? It's terrible at what it's trying to be and never comes close to what it claims it was going to be.
>>
>>324348189
>lazy writing
>stupid plot restrictions

Can you elaborate?
>>
>>324346104
>Favorite moment?
the reveal of wheelchair Chloe
so fucking ridiculous

LIS was decent, but i'm a sucker for these types of games
>>
>>324348430
Classes have 5 people in them, the interactions between characters are shallow, everyone is a trope, Max the socially awkward person that can achieve anything is just flat out lazy, the stereotype rich bitch character, the fat person with a kind soul.

As for the stupid plot restrictions, how about the fact that Max can rewind time but only to the extent of changing a choice in a scene, not avoiding the scene all together, such as getting attacked by Nathan. You can't rewind out of the scene, you can just manipulate how the scene plays out.
>>
What's with all the shilling of this shit game recently?
>>
>>324349251
>such as getting attacked by Nathan.
Because Max can't change what happens to her physically. Her time travel affects the world around her, not her herself. But to be honest I have my own quibbles with the time travel mechanics, so meh.

I disagree about the character interactions being shallow. And it's a highschool setting, of course everyone's a trope.

>Max the socially awkward person that can achieve anything is just flat out lazy
This is a false interpretation of her character. Max isn't someone who can "achieve anything," she's not particularly skilled at anything outside of photography. And its lack of confidence holding her back in that area, not laziness.

She owes nearly all of her achievements throughout the game to her sudden ability to have infinite do-overs, which is why the first time she has to actually to do something without her time travel ability (save Kate), she has a very real chance of pratfalling.
>>
>>324346104
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw_0Bxqpc9o
I'll admit that the game had a pretty decent OST
>>
>>324346104
>game
>>
4 was the best episode
mercy killing chloe in ep 4 was the best moment
it was a good adventure, better than modern telltale output save for borderlands, but they botched the ending, sadly.

also i wonder, was the game written in english or french? if it was translated, that'd explain some of the out of place dialogue.
>>
Final episode (not just the ending) really tainted the experience for me.

I was shocked by how invested I had become considering it had a fairly rough start, but in the end at all leads to nothing.

>I can't wait to see where all this foreshadowing is going!
>Oh, it was going up the developer's assholes.
>>
>>324350786
It's too bad they never explained where Max's powers came from.
>>
>>324350975
Turns out God was just fucking with her.
>>
>>324351104
I guess. That might be one of my problems with the game, though.

At the end of the day, the moral of the story seems to be that you can't change the inevitable. Or at least, you shouldn't. But it's never clear why Max needed to be taught that lesson. She doesn't embrace the rewind ability until like episode 3 or so.
>>
>>324351657
The lesson is that if you ever get time powers and use them by accident, do not use them to save someone's life, you monster.
>>
>>324350086
>Max can't change what happens to her physically
She could see him coming, rewind, and thus not be in the situation anymore, but she can't the game locks you in the situation.

Even taking into account the fact she can't effect herself, she could still pull Nathan out of the space and be able to escape the situation entirely by effectively leaving earlier than she did.

>it's a highschool setting, of course everyone's a trope.
That's a poor excuse for bad writing "They've always been written bad, so it's okay they're written bad"

>This is a false interpretation of her character.
She had no confidence only in characterisation, she is in fact happy to do almost anything with only the slightest of encouragement. I don't mean she is skilled and thus is talented at everything, I mean she is only superficially lacking in confidence to try make her seem likeable which is the laziest of tropes.
>>
>>324352553
I'm actually not 100% sure what scene you're talking about with Nathan, to be honest. Are you talking about when she encounters him in the boys dorm and Warren kicks the shit out of him?

>That's a poor excuse for bad writing "They've always been written bad, so it's okay they're written bad"
That's fair, but they also go beyond the tropes. Nathan's a great example, but you can even look at the Vortex club as a whole. They seem like a bunch of bitches and whores on paper, but even as supporting characters with not much going on there's still more to almost all of them than meets the eye. Dana for example, who fits all the tropes of a bimbo cheerleader on paper but is actually probably the most relatable member of the club. I mean you can ragged on Daniel for being onenote, but Max also literally only has like two interactions with him throughout the entire game; anyone can seem one-note when you've only talked with them for a couple minutes.

I would even grant you that Victoria's one of the weaker characters, but even she has things going on, like the differences in how she interacts online compared to how she carries herself in person.

>,she is in fact happy to do almost anything with only the slightest of encouragement.
I don't think that's true though. The elephant in the room here is that if that were the case Jefferson wouldn't have had such a hard time getting her to submit a photo for the contest.

And as to that being a device to make her likeable, I also disagree there, because I don't actually see myself getting along well with someone like Max. Every time she rags on someone about recycling or not using "natural products" I roll my eyes. She's also (recognized by bother herself and others) incredibly nosy. I know people like that and they're irritating.

She is in fact not a confident person, at all. That's what Chloe is for.
>>
>>324353763
To be fair I've only played the first two episodes, but I feel 40% of the game is enough for me to judge, I've lost all motivation to play the rest, so if it improves and fixes these issues I wont know.

The fight I'm talking about is when she meets up with Chloe.
>>
>>324354842
I don't actually have a strong recollection of that scene, so I'll just grant you it. And like I said, it's not like I don't have my own problems with the time travel stuff. Time travel stories almost always have weird inconsistencies, it's why I often avoid them.

Yes the games does take the reigns from you often, but the way I see it it still gives a lot more freedom than most other games of this sort does.

If this were a game without that mechanic, you would just make your choice and hope for the best. LiS lets you peek at both sides of the coin without spoiling the longterm consequences for yourself, which I thought was really neat.

There's an interaction in I think episode 4 that has a shitton of variables feeding into it and can end anywhere from you having killed a man to you walking away with him on your side, and you can explore every layer of that conversation from beginning to end using the rewind, but at the end of the day you still have to make a decision, wondering what the eventual impact of it will be. Stuff like that is why, despite some issues I really liked the time-travel gimmick.
>>
>>324348430
>>lazy writing
>>stupid plot restrictions
Did you even play the game? The ending was the stupidest, laziest, most cliche time travel ending ever. Everyone was guessing it from episode one, and they still did it.
Also the plot restrictions were that saving Chloe from her fate resulted in a destructive storm one week later. Saving her dad from his fate didn't cause a storm.
>>
>>324355681
>Saving her dad from his fate didn't cause a storm.

Actually, it might have and Max just didn't stick around to see it.

Even in the alternate timeline the weird weather shit is still happening, you can even talk to William and Joyce about it. They (and by extension you) just don't care as much because Chloe is in the limelight.
>>
>>324351771
>>324351104
The worst part about the ending is that she had visions of the tornado before chloe ever died. It makes no sense
>>
>>324355953
>Actually, it might have and Max just didn't stick around to see it.
No, it didn't. The storm leveled the bay, and there was no changes to the town or dead people in the alternate timeline.
As for the weather changes still happening, that was because chloe was still alive. And even if it was related to William, he got to live A FUCKING DECADE before a storm started brewing after his death
>>
Reminder that cut lines were found in the files, including Nathan knowing about the storm in episode 4. You can look this up on google or youtube.
They clearly had a much different ending in mind, but changed either due to budget or time frame
>>
lets stop focusing on the bad and chill with the comfy music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwieXvxkbsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEvBwJz3wGM
>>
File: 1389952756118.jpg (65KB, 189x296px) Image search: [Google]
1389952756118.jpg
65KB, 189x296px
>>324356157
Well, what can I say? Time works in mysterious ways! You might even say...life is strange.
>>
>>324356608
You can say that the writing was incredibly lazy and had contradicting plot points
>>
>>324356746
I could indeed, but I don't agree so I won't.
>>
>You will never have a taller than you punk girlfriend who double dares you to kiss her

Why even rewind time?
>>
>>324356896
How is it not lazy?
Chloe for some reason, must die in that bathroom, otherwise a catastrophic storm will form in one week.
William is saved from his fate, yet no storm happens for a decade. And the forming storm is most likely still because chloe didn't die in that bathroom, because why would a storm form a decade after saving William?

Hell max won the contest, flew to San Fran, and fucking FORGOT about the storm.

Don't get me wrong, episodes 1-4 were great. 5 was a lazy piece of shit
>>
"lazy" has to be the laziest way to offer criticism.
>>
hella
>>
>>324357231
What's even worse, she didn't forget about the storm. She even told Chloe about it, but she went full retard and decided to go to the beach while the storm approached.
>>
File: 1449638765800.jpg (280KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1449638765800.jpg
280KB, 1200x1200px
90% of the game was fantastic. Last episode railroaded you too hard
>>
at least it is better than any telltalegame
>>
>>324357342
>get BTFO with plenty of reasons as to why it's lazy
>l-lazy is just a meme criticism
Don't post at all if you're just gonna ignore all the reasons I've listed
>>
>>324357231
>William is saved from his fate, yet no storm happens for a decade.
The foundation of the anomaly surrounding Max, is her relationship with her bff Chloe. Whatever the source is of the storm, it's because Max has been fucking with time to keep Chloe alive. The other people Max saved are just background noise.
>>
>>324357627
Wolf of Wall Street was pretty cool
>>
its a meme game for memers
>>
>>324357730
The source of the storm is very clearly that chloe did not die in that bathroom. That's why the ending was either save chloe, or go back and let her die.
If you want to argue it was her messing around with time the whole time
>go back to the bathroom
>save chloe
>quickly warn her "Don't let me use my powers at all"
Bam, no storm
>>
>>324357856
Why would that kill a city, and why would it only kill one city
It's so dumb
>>
>>324357856
>The source of the storm is very clearly that chloe did not die in that bathroom.
That we agree on. But the chain of events caused by saving Chloe that one time, led to more and more instances of Max having to save Chloe's life. It was this recurring act that created the storm. A ripple effect.
>>
>>324358013
It doesn't even end up killing everyone in the bay, because you can clearly see a dead body covered by a sheet in the ending. So there are survivors
>>
>>324357231
> yet no storm happens for a decade.
Instead he gets to deal with crippling debt, and a daughter on death's door. I'm not saying it's equivalent exchange or some bullshit like that, but it's not like there weren't consequences for saving William.

Besides, maybe the reason why there was no storm is because Chloe was going to die anyway. That whole timeline was just Chloe being slowly railroaded into death.

>And the forming storm is most likely still because chloe didn't die in that bathroom
Chloe probably wouldn't have died in the bathroom anyway in the alternate timeline. The circumstances were completely different.

>Hell max won the contest, flew to San Fran, and fucking FORGOT about the storm.
This is true. Though to be fair, she just escaped from being tortured and killed in some bunker in the middle of nowhere, I think she was still just trying to catch her breath.

>>324358013
I actually strongly suspect that the "save Chloe" ending would eventually cause the entire world to implode, or some shit. If they ever wrote a sequel to that ending, it would be Max and Chloe on the road while increasingly bad shit keeps happening across the entire globe.
>>
>>324358103
Except she had visions of the storm before even saving Chloe once. So the entire concept is flawed, because clearly it was already coming
>>
>>324358158
>Instead he gets to deal with crippling debt, and a daughter on death's door
Except that's just life. That's not a super natural consequence for messing with time.
>Chloe probably wouldn't have died in the bathroom anyway in the alternate timeline. The circumstances were completely different.
It's most likely because she didn't die there because why would a storm form a decade after william was saved? It was pretty clearly still based off Chloe
>Though to be fair, she just escaped from being tortured and killed in some bunker in the middle of nowhere, I think she was still just trying to catch her breath.
She had the entire plane ride to catch her breath. I could understand if she forgot for like ten minutes, but she was flying for around an hour, and then traveled to the exhibit.
>>
>>324358339
>She had the entire plane ride to catch her breath. I could understand if she forgot for like ten minutes, but she was flying for around an hour, and then traveled to the exhibit.

That stuff doesn't just blow over in an hour or two, anon.
>>
>>324358528
It does, because asides from being shot up with drugs and having pictures, taken, nothing happened to her. Forgetting the storm that's gonna kill all over your friends is inexcusable.
>>
>>324358696
>watch your best friend get capped in the head right beside you
>get kidnapped by your role model
>tied up, drugged and verbally abused
>very nearly killed
>saw attempts to save her fail horribly at least once
>had to at least partially relive the experience multiple times
>potentially also watched the same happen to Victoria, except she actually died
>potentially watched him get shot in the head at point blank

I'm no armchair psychologist anon, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it's actually more unbelievable that Max was as held together as she was afterwards. Especially considering she's not the most confidence person in the first place.
>>
>>324359127
>watch your best friend get capped in the head right beside you
>don't immediately call her when you changed reality to make her alive
That would be the most realistic action to take anon
>>
>>324359321
She most likely did. If you read Max's texts there's a whole string of stuff between her and Chloe regarding the incident and also her winning the contest and stuff.
>>
>>324359532
Those were alternate universe texts. Max already had those from her auto pilot self, she didn't send them herself.
So no, she didn't call her friend immediately.
>>
I thought they did the stupid teenagers thing well.
>>
File: inquiry.png (79KB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
inquiry.png
79KB, 250x280px
>>324359679
Technically, it wouldn't be the first time Max failed to check in on Chloe when she probably should have.
>>
>>324359915
It's still really bad writing to make Max forget about the biggest threat in the game
>>
>>324346104
Episode 5 a best
Maximum Overdrive
Nightmare world
I like to think of it as OUR dark room mr. Jefferson
>>
>>324360379
>Episode 5 a best
Did you play the ending?
>>
>Shitting on Victoria
>Letting Nathan get the stuffing kicked out of him
>Shooting Frank and killing Pompidou
>Stealing the cash and walking away with it
>Shooting Mr. Jefferson
>Letting Arcadia Bay get washed away

Max "Scorched Earth" Cauffield is the way to play this game
>>
>>324360432
Yeah
Bae>Bay
The ending was a binary choice but the rest of the episode was fantastic
>>
>>324360597
Same thing only I didn't kill Frank
I somehow managed to not piss him off
You didn't let Kate die did you?
>>
>>324360621
I wouldn't even be mad about the binary choice is the ending wasn't the biggest time travel cliche of all time. Literally everyone was guessing that would be the ending from episode 1.
>>
>>324360752
Nah.
>>
>>324360793
That's why I chose bae
To this day I believe the bay ending is Max's hallucination from her psychiatric ward in the hospital after Chloe died
Remember the "I'm gonna kill everyone" stare she has at the funeral
Also the tornado arrived Friday right? The funeral should be a few days before that.
The whole bay is so full of weird crap and features another layer of time-meddling the tornado is definitely on the way again
I just want LiS 2 to feature new characters but have a news report of a catastrophic tornado destroying a small town in the first episode
>>
File: chiaki_sweat.png (439KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
chiaki_sweat.png
439KB, 853x480px
>>324357145
>kiss chloe
>rewind time to see what she says if I don't
>"Pffft whatever, I bet you just macked me and rewound to get out of it"
>>
>>
>>324361391
>throw Frank's beans on the ground
>rewind
>nightmare episode 5
>THOSE WERE MY BEANS MAX
>>
>>324361730
MY BEANS!
>>
File: 1435507764451.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1435507764451.gif
14KB, 416x416px
It was shit but a whole lot of fun laughing at the shit writing

David and Kate turned out pretty fuckin good tho, best characters.
>>
>>324346104
watched a friend play through this entire game. not always giving 100% attention to it, but my god is the dialogue the worst thing about it.
>>
>>324361813
>getting a text from Pompidou
>getting a text from Rachel
>getting a text from William
Nightmare was spooky
Also
>entire game everyone is crying about RACHEEEEL
>can't stop thinking about batman shouting RACHEEEEL
>>
>>324362053
>getting a text from Pompidou
>getting a text from Rachel
>getting a text from William

Oh shit. I didn't even realize you could check your texts during that sequence.

>getting a text from motherfucking Pompidou

>>324361868
Sounds like you're not ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah.
>>
File: neHlvDK.jpg (60KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
neHlvDK.jpg
60KB, 1000x563px
>>324362146
>>
>>324362053
>get spoopy text from rachel "I'll be seeing you really soon max"
>think oh shit, rachel must be somewhere in the nightmare
>never happens
How fucking hard would it have been to have max talk to rachel instead of her subconsciousness? It would have been way fucking better
>>
>>324362337
The entire rachel plot ended in kind of a disappointing way, to be honest. For how central it was to the plot, when you find out "oh mystery solved Nathan was just being a fuckup" it was underwhelming.

I was expecting her to have something to do with Max's powers. It would have explained how she was able to get along so well with seemingly everyone in town.
>>
File: 1396749689672.png (251KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1396749689672.png
251KB, 1024x576px
>>324362304
That's pretty good.
>>
>>324346104
It was a decent premise that they absolutely fucked up beyond anything I thought possible.

No explanation for Max being able to rewind time.
Rachael reveal was fucking retarded.
Choices DON'T EVEN MATTER.

How do you fuck up a game that bad?
>>
>>324362997
>No explanation for Max being able to rewind time.
do you really want an explaination to that? Whatever reason it is, it would be way too scifi.
>Rachael reveal was fucking retarded.
It was a red herring. It was disappointing, but not retarded.
>Choices DON'T EVEN MATTER.
Well, they do, up to a certain point. But it should have been clear after episode 3's ending that the rewind is basically a giant reset button.
>>
>>324362997
>Choices DON'T EVEN MATTER.

Well, yes and no. Regardless of what choices you made you'll still end up at the final choice yes, but the journey you take to get to that final choice is influenced by the choices you make along the way.

That said, you could make an argument that the choices not mattering is kind of the point.
>>
>>324363137
>It was a red herring. It was disappointing, but not retarded.
>she literally died because of a retarded mistake nathan made
>played up the whole game as some mystery, even somewhat hinted to her having something to do with max's powers, based on spirit animals and how just like max after her powers, everyone in town loved rachel
>just winds up dead in a hole
It was fucking retarded
>>324363213
>>324363137
Also reminder the devs specifically advertised this game saying there would not be binary endings, that everyones ending would be tailored to how they played
>>
>>324363373
>that everyones ending would be tailored to how they played

And that's not really untrue. For example, how you played affects your options with Warren at the end, and whether Max and Chloe kiss again or hug it out. It also changes how Max words her thoughts on Chloe in her final journal entry.
>>
>>324363639
>completely ignores the part about no binary endings
But yeah, those extra sentences depending on how you acted towards people sure makes up for that
>>
>>324363703
I didn't see such advertising. As far as I'm concerned, you could be talking straight out of your ass, so yeah I put it aside.
>>
>>324363784
It was posted plenty of times on the general for life is strange. And still, changing two little things that aren't even the ending doesn't give everyone their own tailored ending you delusional fanboy
>>
>>324364092
It was an example, christ.
>>
>>324364170
An example that didn't prove your point at all. The endings were binary when we were promised they wouldn't have binary endings, and choices hardly changed a thing, just a line or two of dialogue.
>>
>>324364295
Like I said, I'm not touching the binary endings thing because I don't have the necessary information.

I'm just saying there's more to the ending than the choice.
>>
File: multiple endings.png (101KB, 808x454px) Image search: [Google]
multiple endings.png
101KB, 808x454px
>>324364370
>Like I said, I'm not touching the binary endings thing because I don't have the necessary information.
Pic related
And there's nothing to the ending besides the choice. It was the shittiest, most predictable time travel cliche ending ever. Everyone and their mother was guessing this is how it would end from episode one. That's just terrible writing.
I could probably tell a friend a brief rundown of episode one, and tell them to try guessing how it ends, and they could guess it.
>>
>>324364479
Who wrote the top blurb?
>>
>>324364586
That was from their website. They also have plenty of tweets saying the game was always written this way, despite the incredible amount of cut content found in the game files.
For example, Nathan had lines in episode 4 knowing about the storm. Even yelling "The storm is coming to kill you all"
>>
>>324364690
Sounds like the dev didn't get to do everything they wanted to.

But if you're going to say that what they ultimately put out was poorly written, I can't go there with you.
>>
>>324364787
I'm saying the ending was ultimately poor written. Episodes 1-4 were great. The ending was absolute shit, and thinking otherwise makes you a shit eater.
I should not be able to accurately guess the ending of your story based game at the end of your first episode
>>
>>324364881
The ending had problems, but I disagree in calling it shit.
>>
>>324364939
My premise stands. If you are making an episodic game, and at the end of the first episode, or hell, even just by watching the fucking trailer for the first episode, I can guess the ending correctly, your writing is shit.
There's no defending it, it's a shit ending anon. It's the oldest time travel cliche there is, and they went with it anyway, despite people online guessing that was the ending for months
>>
>>324365061
>If you are making an episodic game, and at the end of the first episode, or hell, even just by watching the fucking trailer for the first episode, I can guess the ending correctly, your writing is shit.

That strikes me as a silly line of logic, but at this point I've gotten what I wanted out of this thread.
>>
>>324365149
How is it a silly line of logic?
>hey anon, I'm making a time travel game!
>let me guess, the ending is that the time traveler has to undo what they first did because the natural order is upset?
>.......it's still a good ending
Seriously, are you retarded?
>>
>>324361814
I was never 100% sure one way or the other about David. There are times when you get the sense that yes he does actually care, but Joyce wasn't fucking around when she said that he's exceptionally bad at showing it.

Until he showed up to rescue you in ep5 I actually thought that the "i'm a vet" thing he had going on was some kind of farce.
>>
File: michelstap.jpg (160KB, 523x440px) Image search: [Google]
michelstap.jpg
160KB, 523x440px
>>324364939
okay then
>>
>>324365221
I keep saying it should have ended with the devil being behind the tornado and a climactic boss battle helped by Kate's holy powers
It would have been a lot more satisfying
>>
>>324366461
A shitty ending isn't much better than a predictable shitty ending
>>
>>324366461
That would have been hilarious.
>>
File: chloe end best end.png (572KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
chloe end best end.png
572KB, 800x450px
>>
>>324349251
>Classes have 5 people in them,

ever taken an art class?
>>
This game was literally a school life Japanese Drama made into a game by westerners. I love JDrama, but this was pretty fucking bad, especially ep 5
Very generic, very boring, had a few good moments. The best part about it was that it simulated very well the feeling of being an edgy teenage girl.
The stealth section alone destroyed every bit of fun I had with it, let alone the fact that the ending disregarded every choice you made during your journey.
4/10 garbage
>>
>>324367005
not since junior high school Tbh
>>
>>324363639
Actually kissing him will not have meaning or importance for Max afterwards, still friendzoning him in her thoughts, nightmares were the same, her thoughts were same about Chloe (love word, flirting people and shit) her journal entries explains everything about it no matter what did you do. That's why we're saying ''if they intended to design Max as RPG character, they failed.'' You can't change her feelings towards to Chloe at all because through the game she was like ''ihavetosaveherimmediately'' and you can't deny it.
So, even MC's feelings were pretty obvious and you can tell what'd she choose, both endings were pretty predictable and yeah unsatisfying and has one extra scenes. ''Muh choices matter'' thing was just a lie, Episode 5's good example for that: all of our choices happened in alternative realities and we got the same 'two' endings anyway
>>
>>324357145
had one, was nice. we split amicably.
>>
>>324346104
Literally just played this for the first time about 2 minutes ago and i can safely say this game is mediocre at best. Overrated tumblr shit
>>
>>324367156
even in college art classes have a tendency to start pretty small and shrink alarmingly. i've seen attrition rates of nearly 2/3rds
>>
File: 1423021804552.jpg (56KB, 524x336px) Image search: [Google]
1423021804552.jpg
56KB, 524x336px
>no lesbian fanservice to reward you for making the right choice and murdering a town full of crazies and hipsters
>>
File: shark in the water.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
shark in the water.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
Why look, an otter in my water~
>>
>>324366641
>satan is pissed Max somehow stole his rewind powers
>Kate tries to stop him from killing Max
>Satan hits Max with magic and she seemingly dies
>cliche life flashing before your eyes
>N-NO, YOU W-WON'T WIN
>qte to stop Satan
>Max finds herself in her young body
>Christmas period 2001
>she's at Chloe's house playing vidya
>Satan appears and tries to kill her
>Max looks at the tv
>OH YEAH
>concentrates and rewinds again
>back at the cliff with overdesigned versions of their clothes
>tornado rages in the background
>Chloe notices the weird stuff and clothes
>MAX, WHAT'S HAPPENING?
>WELL, REMEMBER WHAT WE PLAYED DURING THE HOLIDAYS IN 2001?
>WHAT ARE YO-
> https://youtu.be/kXDxYIWAT7Y
>OH HELLA FUCKING YEAH MAX
>I HAD A FEELING YOU'D LIKE IT CHLOE
>TIME TO KICK SOME DEVIL ASS
>satan laughs
>YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT ME?
>Kate stands next to them
>WE KNOW WE CAN DEFEAT YOU, UNHOLY ABOMINATION
>Max steps forward
>YOU'RE NO MATCH FOR US
>battle starts
>it plays like Jecht Aeon battle
>>
File: ch.jpg (43KB, 449x479px) Image search: [Google]
ch.jpg
43KB, 449x479px
WAKE ME UP
>>
i thought the game would have lesbo scenes, i want to hug Kate so hard after saving her, it's not fair
>>
I like that they didn't make David a typical irredeemable step dad because he slapped a girl. It seemed like the devs payed well enough attention to how some of the characters were being received, like how fucking lame Max was getting made fun of more toward the end.
>>
>there're people who's posting in /v/ thread

Come here tards >>128867202
>>
>>324346104
I want to spill paint on Victoria in the shed if you know what I mean
>>
>>324367714
>Kate is Yuna, white mage and summoner
>can summon, William, Rachel, and Nathan
>limit break is Holy
>Max is the black mage
>can use tons of black magic spells and her limit break uses Ultima
>Chloe is the physical attacker
>uses a sword or can switch to Yuna's gunner outfit from X-2
>limit break is either Blitz Ace or Sazh's Cold Blood from XIII depending on what weapon she's using
>>
>>324346104
It's story and developments are interesting enough to keep one hooked for it's ~16 hour run but the payoff was horrible. Dialogue and character interactions were okay at best but often cringe-inducing at worst. It's a game that was best enjoyed while it was still being released episodically so that the shitty ending wasn't there to ruin everything and speculation could run rampant (though a lot of the twists were predictable).
>>
>>324370096
Did you have a specific color in mind?
>>
>>324371291
green for envy
>>
I think the theory of time travel used in the game is similar to that of Donnie Darko. In that when time powers are used it creates an alternate universe that must end. Methods of travelling through time are different and the choice at the end of the game is either keep this universe going or travel back to your original universe. To keep this universe going though, there needs to be some destruction.

That isn't really explained well in the game but I don't think it was the developers intention to explain it.
>>
>>324371291
White from my semen
>>
>>324371723
Actually they couldn't even tell what did they originally intend. We have no real explanation about time travel, other than magic tornado and Rachel's revenge.
>>
Max is so cute I cant take it.
>>
have they said about a sequel or a game in the same style?
>>
>>324372927
then kill urself
>>
>>324346104
No we can't. Sorry OP.
>>
>>324372927
i bet she smells like dirt
>>
>>324346104
no, fuck this SJW game
>>
>>324373018
It's okay. We already did.
>>
File: retard.png (44KB, 636x290px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
44KB, 636x290px
>>324372985
>Also ''Episode 5'll be end of Chloe and Max's story''

so it'll continue with different characters but game's style,story will be the same. (superpowers...)
>>
>>324373089
how is it sjw, friend?
>>
File: ShakeHarderBoy[1].gif (506KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
ShakeHarderBoy[1].gif
506KB, 500x473px
>>324373135
You win this one anon.
>>
File: 1449176690135.jpg (40KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
1449176690135.jpg
40KB, 425x516px
I really love this game.

I don't know why people are so upset about the ending. Just use your imagination.

Also, Katepost.
>>
>>324373135
For the last time
>>
>>324373236
>Just use your imagination.
FUCK OFF
>>
>>324373251
Is that a challenge?
>>
File: 1449787545355.png (140KB, 469x499px) Image search: [Google]
1449787545355.png
140KB, 469x499px
>>324373274

Make me.
>>
File: Michel Amber.jpg (926KB, 1113x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Michel Amber.jpg
926KB, 1113x1280px
>>324373236
>Just use your imagination.

GTFO Michel
>>
>>324373321
What challenge? /v/ is shit
>>
File: 1449182004135.jpg (77KB, 665x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1449182004135.jpg
77KB, 665x1024px
>>324373352

Seriously, I don't see the problem with the whole imagination thing.

There are so many theories about the ending, the powers, etc etc that people can run wild with it.

I much prefer the mystery over being spoonfed.

And you just know that if they tried to explain the time travel, faggots everywhere would say
>that doesn't make sense!
>that's not how this version of time travel works!
>b-but
>I want Warren to fuck my ass!
>>
>>324373564
That's kinda how I feel about it. Yes, the time travel shit has inconsistencies. Frankly, that's just the nature of most time travel stories. It's hard to get that shit nailed down 100%.

So I don't bother nitpicking shit in that particular area. LiS is far from the first story with these kinds of problems and it won't be the last.
>>
>>324373564
> if they tried to explain the time travel,

The problem is they couldn't explain anything and acting like the last episode was a masterpiece; not to mention of they were always lying. Whenever they try to explain anything for example ''muh Max isn't a good person'' they always fuck up.
>>
File: 1449225516806.png (964KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1449225516806.png
964KB, 1400x1000px
>>324373681

My thoughts exactly.

>>324373765

That's why imagination is necessary.
>>
File: doitforher.png (144KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
doitforher.png
144KB, 500x357px
>>324373849
>Doing it for worst girl

No thanks.
>>
File: 1449241977213.gif (2MB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
1449241977213.gif
2MB, 500x230px
>>324373948

Kate>Chloe

I like them all though.
>>
>>324373849
>That's why imagination is necessary.

>Season 2 starts
>Screen remains black
>A text appears immediately
>''Budget kicked us in the balls but don't worry we left it to your own imagination:) Thanks for playing! ''

Yeah imagination is necessary.
>>
File: 1449094318387.jpg (54KB, 646x634px) Image search: [Google]
1449094318387.jpg
54KB, 646x634px
>>324374372

If only. But we won't even get that.

Which I honestly don't mind. I like where everything left off, I don't want them ruining the characters.
>>
>>324374597
Fair enough.
But also you can't call other people as nitpickers,faggots to telling endings doesn't make sense or didn't like endings aswell.
>>
File: 1453036618060.jpg (164KB, 905x997px) Image search: [Google]
1453036618060.jpg
164KB, 905x997px
>>324374953

I just meant that time travel is really hard to do. There are so many different versions in fiction that people will not like it regardless. Not to mention the whole powers thing. Like I said, the mystery is better so everyone can have their own little theories.
>>
>>324375127
I wish they could've explained everything -logical explanations of course- about tornado, time-travel thing exactly, before they leave it up to our imaginations...
>>
File: 1449260514070.jpg (355KB, 800x1997px) Image search: [Google]
1449260514070.jpg
355KB, 800x1997px
>>324375730

That would be pretty shitty, not to mention virtually impossible, especially when you say "logical explanations". No matter what it's going to piss people off. There are hundreds of theories and whatnot surrounding all your questions and more.

Mystery is fun.
>>
>>324376045
You're a good guy, anon. It's too bad others aren't as easygoing as you.
>>
>>324346104
>Favorite Episode?
Episode 3
>Favorite character?
I can't decide between Max and Chloe.
>Favorite moment?
The morning after.
>What do you think of the game, overall?
Story wise it could have been better, but I loved it and I miss the girls wacky adventures.
>>
File: 1449440676500.jpg (728KB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1449440676500.jpg
728KB, 2480x3507px
I could not bring myself to finish LiS after I heard about the clusterfuck of an ending. I got to the gallery and chose to let that be my ending.
>>
>>324379685
That's a nice picture.
>>
File: 1217929292.jpg (2MB, 1200x2123px) Image search: [Google]
1217929292.jpg
2MB, 1200x2123px
You will never read this.
>>
>>324380885
I would read a spinoff comic of LiS
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.