[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hideo Kojima is an overrated hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: ipKET.jpg (56KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
ipKET.jpg
56KB, 450x337px
Konami is a large scale experienced company filled with decades of experience. Kojima is just a washed out hack of a writer and has never made a good game. The story in metal gear is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>Hideo Kojima is an overrated hack

- anon
January 15 1016
>>
what happened to that nagasaki guy who worked with kojima on 1-2-3? why didnt they hire him?
>>
File: kojihidema.png (415KB, 592x720px) Image search: [Google]
kojihidema.png
415KB, 592x720px
it's the only dev I still care
>>
When you make your game you can make it however you like OP.
>>
>>324032854
I believe he's not that bad, but people must know that more than half stuff in MGS series WASN'T him alone, but his team. The rest of KP is mostly responsible for how great these games are
>>
File: movies.jpg (79KB, 640x419px) Image search: [Google]
movies.jpg
79KB, 640x419px
>>324032854
"I didn't go to video games school, I went to movies." - Hideo Kojima
>>
>>324033487
doesn't mean it'd be good
>>
>>324033567
This. He doesn't deserve all the blame, and neither does he deserve all the praise. He's a director. He directed well when games were linear and movie like, but now that they've gone open world/world simulation, well, he clearly hasn't mastered that yet.
>>
>>324032854
his stories are still better than 99% of other game stories
>>
>>324032854
No one cares
>>
>>324032854
>The story in metal gear is absolutely ridiculous

your point?
>>
>>324034246
Sure if you mean other unfinished game stories
>>
>>324032854
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=23691

An overrated hack that wins awards apparently.
>>
>>324034529
>worthless hack gets praised by retards with shit taste
what a twist
>>
>>324034873
You seem upset.

Sorry that Kojima is more respected than your favourite weeb JRPG director.
>>
File: vic boss.gif (30KB, 2362x2362px) Image search: [Google]
vic boss.gif
30KB, 2362x2362px
>this intro
>overrated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOKSqCuU7w

fuck david cage
>>
>>324034958
mgs has nothing going for it but corridor stealh
>>
Not to mention how little he cares about women. quiets outfit is disgusting
>>
>>324035080
MGS2 & 3 are both masterpieces.
>>
>>324035228
They're all great. Even if 4 is sort of a meh game
>>
>>324035203
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\4U\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
>>
>>324035203
The Boss is the best female character in a game.
>>
>>324035228
1 is superior
>>
>>324035332
She's a man faced hag
>>
File: ness.png (28KB, 713x729px) Image search: [Google]
ness.png
28KB, 713x729px
>>324035051
>helmet has metal gear solid on it even though metal gear hasn't even been created yet

wow what a plothole. Kojima is such a hack
>>
>>324035549
And this disproves my point how?
>>
>>324035617
that was granin helmet
>>
>>324033574

is this legit? LMAO
>>
>>324035781
haha wow are you serious?! Have you ever even played Metal Gear? Do you have a single clue what the games even are??? Granin made shagohod, not metal gear. LMAO AT UR LIFE!!!
>>
This has to be the poorest bait ever
The only false thing you stated is
>has never made a good game
>>
>>324032854
Developers at Konami have decades of experience, but they are firing everyone.
Konami right now is just a husk, a PES making machine, nothing more.
The sooner they fuck off from videogames, the better.
>>
>>324034117
To be fair, Kojima is good at designing gameplay mechanics. MGS4 was godlike when it comes to gameplay, but it's linear structure hurt it immensely. MGSV's core gameplay was good too, but it needed more plot as it was the last MGS. MGSV should have been semi open world. Large levels with plenty of side objectives.

I still think ZOE3 is what could bring out the best in Kojima and his team. ZOE2 was a massive improvement over the first one, so ZOE3 could have been even better.
>>
>>324036395
Forgot to mention that ZOE isn't as batshit as MGS in story, so it's easier to follow. Plus Kojima has a geniune love for mechs.
>>
File: dank[1].png (1MB, 878x738px) Image search: [Google]
dank[1].png
1MB, 878x738px
>>324036071
oh wow I just looked it up and found out I was wrong haha. I need to go through the series again
>>
>>324036395
>MGS4 was godlike when it comes to gameplay
I remember it being nothing special.
It was just a refined MGS3 without the eating parts.
>>
File: enders_project_07.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
enders_project_07.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>324036395
>MGSV should have been semi open world. Large levels with plenty of side objectives.
Sad thing is that Ground Zeroes was pretty much that plus it has some relevant story progresson and no Venom bullshit. All they had to do is build on GZ and string a bunch of levels in various locales with story progression in between them. Like ZOE2 and PW, but instead we got ZOE1 with all the dumb rescue missions being forced down your throat

Also, it seems like they were pretty much finished with ZOE. Their next game was supposed to be a fantasy Enders game. The skull in the chestpiece is supposed to be the pilot, no more cockpit.
>>
>>324037550
>story progresson
>''Boss go rescue these ki- OH SHIT MOTHERBASE''
That's all of GZ's story.

>no Venom bullshit.
Nigger, 90% of the speculation the last 3 years have been about who Venom really was.
It was fucking obvious he wasn't Big Boss, people already accepted that, the question was who.
>>
>>324037946
>That's all of GZ's story.
Still more than what PP did.

>Nigger, 90% of the speculation the last 3 years have been about who Venom really was.
It was fucking obvious he wasn't Big Boss, people already accepted that, the question was who.
People were just hoping he wasn't going to pull another Raiden. He did, in the worst possible way.
>the character is the player is the character meta bullshit
Fuck you Kojima, at least Raiden was his own person and not a nameless medic that gets killed by a retcon

Also, I really have to do this once
>the question was who.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
>>
>>324039309
>Still more than what PP did.
No.

>People were just hoping he wasn't going to pull another Raiden.
Nigger, people accepted back in 2013 that he was going to pull a Raiden, everyone knew it, the question was, who was the new Raiden.

>at least Raiden was his own person
Exactly, because the point of Raiden was that he was his own man, he had his own life, he is not the player, and that's why he throws away the dogtags with your name.

Venom is completely the opposite.
>>
>>324039309
so we like Raiden now?
>>
>>324039470
The major downfall of PP is that Kojima said it would tie the story up. That meant BB going full madman. Instead he helps you in the heavily scripted intro, disappears and in the unlockable cutscene you just see him get out of the wreckage, talk a bit with Ocelot and fuck off on a bike.

I'm not saying what you're saying is wrong, I'm saying the story could've been much better written while still using the same twists and shit. Instead we got a turd story which serves no purpose than Kojima going "I did it again, I did the Raiden tweest!" and a game filled with garbage filler open world. Not to mention that towards the end the story becomes sparser, most of it is hidden in casettes and the fucking ending mission got cut.

But all writing that Kojima touches ends up like a turd in some way. It's best when he just gathers a team, lets them do their shit and is just in name there like what happened with ZOE2 or just works on the gameplay stuff. But his failed movie making carreer keeps bugging him and he keeps churning out shitty stories that can't survive without extensive intervention by other people.
>>
>>324032854
>Konami is a large scale experienced company filled with decades of experience.
No to any and every part of that sentence.
>>
>>324032854

He is just a frustrated movie director

Good riddance he did more damage to the Video Games industry that rival those of EA.
>>
>>324040534
>it's been 15 years
>still salty about Raiden

>>324041156
No, that sentence is true. He just didn't mention that they're in the process of firing all that experience. They'll still be a large scale company after all of it, only they'll be a large scale Pachinko company.
>>
File: snatcherScreen.jpg (240KB, 1200x950px) Image search: [Google]
snatcherScreen.jpg
240KB, 1200x950px
>>324032854
>never made a good game

Get fucked.
>>
>>324041712
>Every game in the series is GOTY worthy
>damage

ya nah
>>
>>324041886

Sure, the Order 16969 won many GOTY, and like most metal gears its a overrate movie.
>>
>>324042430
MGS 1-3 are all masterpieces
>>
>>324032854
The bait is obvious this new year, boys, throw out those nets!
>>
TPP is so good

shame it's shit on so hard because muh canon

oh well
>>
>>324042630

They are ok games and bad movies. Everything about it is mediocre, they just fill it with little details to distract idiots like you.
>>
>>324032854
MGS3 was really good though.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.