[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Well why haven't you bought a PS4 yet /v/?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 64
File: SonyWinsAgain.png (2 MB, 659x979) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SonyWinsAgain.png
2 MB, 659x979
Well why haven't you bought a PS4 yet /v/?

Do you really want to miss all these great EXCLUSIVES?
>>
>>323935813
wats that last one on the right?
>>
*also on PC
>>
I think it goes without saying if you don't own a PS4 at this point you shouldn't even be allowed on /v/ because you clearly don't care about videogames.
>>
>>323935918
Star Ocean 5.
>>
>>323935918
star ocean 5
>>
File: SonyAlwaysWins.jpg (4 MB, 2458x8486) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SonyAlwaysWins.jpg
4 MB, 2458x8486
>>323935929
really which one?
>>
>>323935980
>>323935996
game looks dope, deff cant wait 2 play it
>>
>>323935813
the only exclusive on there that looks interesting on there is bloodborne

The rest I can live without
>>
File: pc.png (173 KB, 264x659) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pc.png
173 KB, 264x659
>>323936110
>>
>>323935929
>wanting literal scraps
>>
File: SO5.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SO5.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
>>323935918
>>
>>323936110
Nier is confirmed to be "console exclusive" which means no Xbone but it will come to PC

Toukiden 2 will likely release on PC too (KT likes PC and Toukiden 1 is on Steam)

Yakuza will come to PC, too as Sega is interested in PC gaming

I don't care about those other Weeb games
>>
>>323935954
Honestly this.
>>
can you identify each of these games please?
>>
>>323935813
>cant play any of those on ps4.
I guess youre bloodborne machine is missing out on those exclusives atm.
>>
>>323935954

What if we game on PC, but we still admit that the PS4 is a vastly superior console compared to the Xbone, and agree that Sony has much better exclusives and consumer practices than Microsoft?
>>
>>323936536
Platinum Games themselves cleared up the statement the eurocuck square rep made and confirmed it as a PS4 exclusive.

Toukiden on steam is a vita port locked at 30fps, once again, you'll guys get the vita port of TK2

Yakuza will never see the day of light on PC lmao.

It would suck to be a PC gamer this gen anyways, hoping for one or two ports while missing out on everything else that is happening on Playstation
>>
>all this fucking weeb shit
>not wanting to hunt robot dinosaurs with a bow
>>
File: 1452307850714.jpg (52 KB, 500x333) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452307850714.jpg
52 KB, 500x333
>>323935813
Man I really wish PS4 was like PS2.

If it had new game changers like Devil May Cry, Silent Hill 2, a new Crash Bandicoot, a cheesy survival horror like the original Resident Evil and a cinematic game of the original MGS calibre, I would buy that shit immediately.

I mean I wanna play Bloodborne so fucking bad I can taste it, it's survival horror Souls with Lovecraftian shit in it, literally the game I've been waiting for my whole life.

Don't care about weeb shit, tho Nier looks cool.

I'd get Uncharted, Horizon and Last Guardian for £10 just to go through them once.

Fuck. I'm tempted to get an Xbone for the Halos and Gears since I haven't played the majority of those games, and they're good mindless fun with replayable campaigns.

But I'll end up getting a PS4 for Bloodborne and the inevitable Japan Studio exclusive sequel.
>>
>>323936536
> Sega is interested in PC gaming
then why the hell haven't I gotten my vanquish port and PSO2 translation
>>
File: 1452392373489.jpg (3 MB, 1493x1610) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452392373489.jpg
3 MB, 1493x1610
>mfw pc cucks missing out on more than half the games this gen so now they need to try and convince themselves why shouldnt and cant enjoy vidiya anymore

dumb fucks lmao
>>
I have a PS4, but there's really not that much to buy.
looking forward to ratchet soon.
Right now i am just buying PS2 games and playing those.
Ape Escape 2 is fucking amazing and it was instantly fun
>>
>>323937153
when over half the games are weeb shit can you really blame them?
>>
>>323936963
>implying you wouldn't call Horizon weebshit if the MC wasn't a man-jaw SJW approved tranny
Disgusting hypocrite
>>
>>323937214
Only 2 or 3 games in that image even approach the realm of weebshit.
>>
>>323936996
>If it had new game changers like Devil May Cry
>Don't care about weeb shit

Which is it, it can't be both.
>>
>>323935813
timed exclusives that are not even out yet, lol
>>
>>323937214
Weebshit were always the best games though
>>
>>323937316
Weebshit is anime shit for me.

I love Japanese games like old Sega/Capcom/Konami. But I don't consider them weebshit.
>>
>>323937214
As expected from redditors
>>
>>323936996
Well at least you haven't completely walled yourself off and still recognize that good vidiya exists and is made possible on consoles. Hopefully you get to enjoy all the games eventually anon.
>>
>>323937153
>pay a premium price now so you can play some games later
lol no thanks. I'll wait until there are actually some games I want to play actually available to play.
>>
>>323936996

>I'm tempted to get an Xbone for the Halos and Gears since I haven't played the majority of those games, and they're good mindless fun with replayable campaigns.

The Xbone is a dramatically underpowered console and Halo 5 was an absolute disgrace in every aspect but (debateably) multiplayer.

Keep in mind that to to achieve 60fps in Halo 5, they had to use "dynamic resolution" which can drop to below 900p, along with 30fps animations, abysmal textures, horrible screen tearing, and just ugliness everywhere, pic related.
>>
>>323937434
There's nothing wrong with anime. Open your horizons a bit instead of missing out good games for such a fucking retarded reason.
>>
>>323937296
>Dissidia
>P5
>Yakuza
>Attack on Titan
>Star Ocean
>Odin sphere
>Nioh
>Ni No Kuni[
>Ys
>Fucking digimon
>Gravity Daze 1/2

Are you fucking kidding me bruh?
>>
>>323937434
you're on a weeaboo site faggot
>>
>>323937509
>talks about paying a premium
>has built a gaming PC and will now have to buy a PS4 on top of his PC

nah bruh, you're supposed to buy one system that gets and plays all the vidiya you need in the first place
>>
>>323937613
>A Final Fantasy fighting game is weebshit

I'm not even going to bother reading the rest.
>>
>>323936110
>Showing Deep Down
I wish anon.
>>
File: Megaman_Trigger.jpg (29 KB, 595x478) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Megaman_Trigger.jpg
29 KB, 595x478
>>323936818
You okay then
>>
>>323935813
what's the game 2nd from the top on the left?
>>
>>323937689
Then it certainly wouldn't be the PS4.
>>
>>323937745

I think it's the FF7 remake.
>>
>>323936996
It's like the PS2 though.
DMC5 is coming. Gravity Rush 2 is made by the Silent Hill guy.
>I don't care about weebshit
What did you even like the PS2 for then?

God, so many retards lately.
>>
>>323936110
>>323935813
which of these are out right now?
I mean, I don't see the point of buying a console before the games are out.
>>
File: 1zqsllg.jpg (34 KB, 341x599) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1zqsllg.jpg
34 KB, 341x599
>>323937706
Take your husbando with you
>>
>>323935813
I'm buying one when Persona 5 drops senpai, already built up a library from the sale too
>>
>>323937787
The PS2 didn't require 3 years to get a library worth purchasing the console for.
>>
File: Gravity Rush (3).jpg (69 KB, 500x627) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Gravity Rush (3).jpg
69 KB, 500x627
For those of you who have PS4, seriously, do not skip out on Gravity Rush Remastered, I'm not joking you will be blwon away by the sheer scale in that game and its bleeding personality. It has atmosphere out the ass and it is HUGE.
>>
>>323937434
DMC is as anime as it gets
>>
>>323937885
It needed a whole year even without any competition whatsoever though.
>>
>>323937997
Better a year than three.
>>
>>323937956
Butt it's leweebshitxDxD, not for serious peoples such as myself. I don't actually care about videogames, I just want to look cool!
>>
>>323935813
I will buy a ps4 when the last guardian comes out, and only then.
>>
>>323937787
>It's like the PS2 though.

How delusional do you even have to be lmao

Bit the bait but still my sides
>>
File: ayy.png (53 KB, 200x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ayy.png
53 KB, 200x200
>>323937153
>just define your own exclusives as 'totally super important guys' when the vast majority turn out to be garbage

top kek

You realise PC and Xbone have exclusives too? You could make exactly the same point with them and sonyggers missing out. Other fanbases just aren't autistic enough to spam image collages every fucking day
>>
>>323937091
>PSO2 translation
but there is english PSO2
just not in your country
>>
>>323938124
that's the exact opposite issue with GD though

it looks cool but the gameplay is shit
>>
By the time it has enough games to make it worth buying, the hardware is going to be so much more hopelessly out of date then it already is.
>>
File: let it go.png (163 KB, 436x438) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
let it go.png
163 KB, 436x438
>posting unreleased games as proof
>still only having one game after three years
>having to make these threads to keep the illusion alive
>>
File: 1422546153599.jpg (86 KB, 500x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422546153599.jpg
86 KB, 500x384
I still have an endless line of last gen games to play.

How am I supposed to find time to start playing current gen games?
>>
>>323938124
while it sucks some may be triggered by the protags artstyle the game is far from weebshit and is heavily influenced by western themes such as comic books.

I cant wait for the release so you guys can start playing and talking abotu this game, its so dam good.
>>
>>323937532
Don't really care about graphics mate. Sure that's ugly but it's a minor annoyance.
I'm currently playing Dark Souls 2 on my laptop, hooked up on my 720p TV and enjoying it a lot.
Even if it's a disappointment.
>>
>>323938160
Surely the PC is so much closer than the PS2 rite?
>>
>>323938368
>tfw no one ever talks about my two favorite PlayStation IPs on PS4 and my favorite series that's getting a new game soon
I haven't even played a Souls games before
>>
>>323937153
>listing uncharted
>ever
the poster boy for cinematic tps and you guys are proud of it? It's like when xbonefags post fucking halo and gears as reason to buy xbone, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>323938693
>falseflagging this hard
>>
>>323938532

Right but Halo 5's campaign is complete trash (even the mainstream reviewers hate it) and the multiplayer is subpar (although some people still enjoy it.) The Xbone isn't worth it.
>>
>>323938596
Uh tomb raider is a well praised game and it looks fantastic, uncharted is basically the male version with more production value. It's a genre I don't play often but occasionally, a indiana jones tier action game is fun, no need to be autistic about it. The trailer at E3 also looked amazing
>>
>>323938241
>xbox and PC have exclusives

Like what?

We will be waiting.

In the mean time, kill yourself.
>>
File: Bayonetta2boxart.png (226 KB, 265x374) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bayonetta2boxart.png
226 KB, 265x374
>>323938693
Nothing will cause as much controversy or caused this much salt as when this dropped
>>
>>323938846
Nah, I've played this game before.
>Massive list of exclusives posted including wholly exclusive genres gets posted
>lol they all shiiet
>>
File: 1423411743898.jpg (201 KB, 920x725) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423411743898.jpg
201 KB, 920x725
>>323938693
You're such a deluded piece of shit.

Seriously, how much do you get paid to go on the internet and pretend these games are good?
>>
>>323938832
>Uh

Also
>tomb raider
>good
>>
Why do you faggots keep replying to these shitty threads? There's so much shit to talk about without arguing with shills over this gen's most popular fifa machine.

I could understand if it was fun like the first few times but these pop up every single day here.
>>
>>323935813
>filter ps4
>shitpost goes down by 60%
>>
>>323938479
It doesn't matter by what the game had it's art inspired by, as soon it has a cute girl it's weebshit for a lot of fucking retarded peoples. I saw some normalfag watching the GR2 reveal once, they though it was hentai, I shit you not.
Fucking cancer killing videogames right here.

That said, I've seen someone playing the remaster and the whole thing was just going from place X to Y and then doing that air kick on everything forever, I'm not really interested, looks really shallow.
>>
>when all op's games are weebshit
>>
File: Smug Iwata.png (173 KB, 355x362) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Smug Iwata.png
173 KB, 355x362
>>323938832
>The trailer at E3 also looked amazing
>>
>>323938970
I'll be honest.

I'm not a complete faggot.
>>
>>323935813
And I thought PC was playing the waiting game

Did you nigger not learn from the PS3, you literally have two games in there that were cancelled for PS3 to be released on PS4
>>
>>323939069
>when you should fuck off back to facebook
>>
File: 1433904891847.jpg (90 KB, 499x368) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433904891847.jpg
90 KB, 499x368
>It's another "sonygger posts a list of unreleased games as if a PS4 is worth owning right now" episode
>>
File: 1449694204959.png (240 KB, 803x1225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449694204959.png
240 KB, 803x1225
Real talk tho

Why aren't you an idort /v/?

I used to be a PC-onlyfag in "Tired Gamer" threads for the longest fucking time.

Went out and bought a Wii U, then a PS4, and eventually an Xbone.

Now I have that same love of video games I had as a kid.

Theres so many fucking games coming out this year and I don't have to miss a single one.

There is no greater joy.
>>
File: 1354562959790.jpg (66 KB, 475x355) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1354562959790.jpg
66 KB, 475x355
>>323939103
>>
>>323939354
question, what do you do for a living?
>>
File: TRASH.jpg (20 KB, 356x357) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TRASH.jpg
20 KB, 356x357
>>323939354
>paying extra for shitty exclusives
>>
>>323939354
I'm everything but Xbone. Really don't have a single reason so own one of those.

Oh, and vita, if that counts.
>>
>>323939467
IT.

Why?
>>
>>323935813
>ff7 nier 2 exclusive
got some bad news for you senpai
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-lists-20-ps4-exclusives-set-for-2016-release/1100-6433490/
>>
File: Kat on table.webm (339 KB, 324x328) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kat on table.webm
339 KB, 324x328
Kat!
>>
>>323939354
Because I want to play games at 60+ fps with KB + M on my monitor. It just feels nice to me and I don't want to go back to playing on a TV. Also games running well on the PC I built gives me a sense of satisfaction while playing stuff on a console makes me feel like a incompetent child. All personal gripes otherwise I'd probably think about picking one of them up in two years when they have an actual decent library, right now they have fuck all.
>>
>>323939354
I am got every system aside from the xbone I'm going to get it when scalebound comes out
>>
>>323939513
Not him, but you're living in denial if you don't think every platform has games worth playing
>>
>>323939592
curious as to how much time you actually have for the vidya
>>
Lots of cool games coming out, not gonna lie I'm pretty jelly. Luckily my PS3 still has some use for Persona 5, as I don't see there being a big difference between the two versions (other than 720 v 1080).

Until then I'll have that and my PC
>>
>>323939513
>being a poorfag who can't pour extra dosh on his hobby
How is it to live in a 3rd world country nowadays?
>>
>>323939725
>every platform has games worth playing
>>
>>323936536
drakengard 3 is "console exclusive" whens that pc release
>>
>>323939823
Undertale was the best game of 2015 and X-Com 2 is looking to be the best game of 2016.
>>
>>323939823
yes and the sky is blue do you need any more help with the obvious?
>>
>>323939750
Plenty, really.

Work 9 hours Mon.-Thurs. and only 4 on Fridays.
>>
>>323939906
>Undertale was the best game of 2015
no it wasn't earthbound was released ages ago why would a clone be the best game of 2015?
>>
>>323935813
What's the middle-left one?
>>
>>323939750
If someone works a 40 hour work week, gets 8 hours of sleep a night (56 a week), and leaves 14 hours a week for groceries, eating, and travel, then that's still 58 hours of free time a week to divide up how you will
>>
>>323940171
Horizon: zero dawn I think
>>
>>323939953
Guess I fall under the tired gamer territory then I technically have more free time than you but can't be bothered to play as much vidya as I used too. Even though I got a shit ton of games.

My back log is unmanageable at this point.

It doesn't help that the only game that I've been playing as of late is such a slow burn. XBX is still fun as fuck though.
>>
>>323940184
*sighs*
And people who aren't pathetic spend at least 40 hours with their girlfriend a week, and at least 15 hours with their friends a week.

When will you *snickers* "adults" realize that video games are for kids?
>>
File: 1442312580714.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442312580714.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>323938846
>>xbox and PC have exclusives
>"Like what?"
>"We will be waiting."

What the fuck is the point? Its the same shit all the time.

>post something like Total War Attila as an example
>bunch of shitposts about how it's 'indie' from sonyggers running to the wikipedia page to try and find out info about a game that's AAA but doesn't spend tens of millions marketing to normies like them
>has a higher metacritic than 90% of PS4 exclusives
>"doesn't count"
>'why not?'
>it's not 'hyped'. People aren't talking about it'
>point out that there's tonnes of threads about PC exclusives here all the time that they aren't seeing because all they do is shitpost in platform war and 'muh sales' threads

It generally ends with sonyggers using the fact that they're the only ones here who make these cancerous bait threads every single day as proof that their games are super hyped and important. i.e. actually trying to use their own shitposting as some kind of evidence.
>>
File: barrett.png (74 KB, 219x235) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
barrett.png
74 KB, 219x235
>>323940342
Says the guy who types his actions
>>
>>323940398
>louistherouxvisits/v/.webm
>>
>>323935813
Jesus Christ why do all games look the same these days?
>>
>>323937153
>dumb fucks lmao

Yep. That's the sort of community I wanted to pay $400 + $60 + $Game to be involved with. /v/irgin trolls.
>>
>>323940905
I kind of see it too in that chart, lots of the same colors and graphical effects used in each shot.
>>
Is any excited at all for Ratchet and Clank?
>>
File: 1449461784524.png (482 KB, 500x613) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449461784524.png
482 KB, 500x613
Well you sold me OP, what am gonna get first on this PS4?

"Remasters"
PC multiplatforms
Timed exclusives
Paying $50 for basic online multiplayer

Yeah, let me think about that purchase again. Back to the PS3 and PC, fuck off PS4 dipshit. This console generation is literally the most irrelevant one we had in ages. The Wii U being the most retarded one at least some decent exclusives.

I really don't get the praise for PS4, is it really just DUDE USED GAMES LOL and that's it? Every other dumbass policy from Sony or lack of exclusive games gets a free pass? The PS3 era Sony was different, they had to put the effort to sell the console. This they still don't have a single Uncharted game out, BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE REMASTERS.
>>
>>323937956
The strength of GR isn't its scale (thought it isn't bad there either), it's the mood. Atmosphere like you said.

That is what really makes it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxDJHoYxCc
>>
File: 1441933141280.jpg (164 KB, 400x533) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441933141280.jpg
164 KB, 400x533
>>323935813
Why would I buy a ps4 before those games come out? There is literally no reason to buy one now instead of waiting since the ps4 will only drop in price.
>>
>>323937808
Bloodborne
>>
>>323935813
The only one's I care about are Tha Last Guardian and P5. But the former will never be released anyway and the latter will be on PS3 as well.
>>
test sandwiches pizza
>>
>>323937153
>more than half the games this gen

How much does sony pay people like you
>>
>>323941191
Meanwhile PC has...

You're not supposed to buy a PS4 just for exclusives, many play PS4 as their multiplat machine and even then it dose have good exclusives right now, Bloodborne, Tearaway, Killzone, Infamous SS, Disgaea 5, EDF 4.1, etc.
>>
>>323941378
Youd just end up pushing the games into a backlog or flat out never play them.

Better to play/beat them as they come.
>>
>>323941834
>PS4 as multiplat machine

But it plays literally everything worse than PC except that new batman game nobody cares about anymore. Why would any capable person want to play the inferior versions of games?
>>
>>323941943
wat
>>
>>323938941
No controversy needed. Nintendo payed for it, no ones else put up, so it became an exclusive.
>>
>>323942027
The price of PC is relative and the games you actually get are console optimized ports. Many steam users use pre-8th gen hardware so you should be asking them why they like to play inferior versions of the games. High end PC is still a niche market and isn't accessible or worth jumping into for most people.
>>
>>323936536
>Nier is confirmed to be "console exclusive" which means no Xbone but it will come to PC
This is not the case and you have zero reason to believe this is the case, so don't say it. Nothing has ever been stated saying the game is "console exclusive" in the same way that, say, Street Fighter V is.

Nier is currently only being developed for PS4 and the developers do not have any intention to port it to other platforms at this time. However the game is not bound to PS4 by an exclusivity contract. It's exclusive simply because that is where Taro's audience is.

It could be ported to any platform in the future, be it Xbox One, PC or anything else they can get it running on, if Square, Platinum and Taro want that. But as it stands that's something they have no plans for currently.

For a directly comparable case, see Yoko Taro's last game with Square Enix, Drakengard 3. It released two years ago as a PS3 exclusive and was not bound by any form of exclusivity contract. It remains a PS3 exclusive to this day, but could be ported if the people involve want to do so.
>>
>>323942027
cheaper and
not everyone cares about
>m-muh 120fps
>m-muh 4k
>>
File: 1437918871151.jpg (42 KB, 491x491) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437918871151.jpg
42 KB, 491x491
>>323941943
>better to spend $400 now when games are few and far between than spend $200 later when all the games are out and you know if there are enough

k
>>
>>323941834
>Meanwhile PC has...

All the actually relevant games at decent framerates and graphical settings with free online.

Plus you get an ever expanding list of games that you can just play on PC instead of having to buy both consoles:

>Shenmue 3
>Cuphead
>SFV
>Killer Instinct
>Halo Wars 2
>We Happy Few
>No Man's Sky
>Fable Legends
>Recore
>Sea of Thieves
>>
>>323942398
It can't be coincidence that the spokesperson that champions PC framerate as though it actually meant anything is dying of ass cancer.
>>
>>323942028
>have console
>Game A comes out
>Beat it
>Game B comes out
>Beat it
>etc

>Game A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H all came out
>Buy Console
>Buy Games A, B, and C
>Try and juggle A, B, C at once
>Suddenly Games I, J, and K come out
>[backlog intensifies]

Its not rocket science.
>>
>>323942398
Pc has tons of indie shit and unoptimised ports.. that's it..
oh an MOBAs
>>
>>323942126
and yet there was
>>
>>323938813

Tbh i havent even played The campaign but ive got over 100 hours in mp. The new gamemodes are dope.
>>
>>323939354
I agree, but dont kid yourself. Everything worthwhile on boner comes to pc within a year or two.

>Rise of the Tomb Raider
>Best boner game of 2015
>PC this month
>>
>>323942607
>'All the actually relevant games at decent framerates and graphical settings with free online'.
>>
To anyone about to respond to >>323942607 please stop for a second. The guy clearly isn't trying to have a proper discussion if he's going to be a generalising cunt, you should just not respond. It's better for everyone involved.
>>
>>323942895
>>323942902
fuck you, that b8 usually works
>>
>>323942341
It's not cheaper at the worst it's the same cost unless you're just going to get a PS4 and fifa.

>Having to "muh" a-and post stuttering since you have no point

Higher resolution, higher framerate and just more options for the user is just objectively better people who don't care just don't know what they're talking about or have decided they're sour grapes.

>>323942256
I don't see your point, just because people it's not popular / accessible to a clueless idiot doesn't mean it's not a better end experience almost all of the time.
>>
>>323942894
I'd give up 60fps to play a game a year earlier tho.
>>
>>323943130
Yeah its better but only if you climb a paywall, I don't know why PC users never admit this. The core market doesn't care for high end pC gaming and isn't prepared to pay for it. The performance consoles offers is satisfactory for most and ultimately puts them in a position to net the type of games they want such as xbox or PS4 exclusives while also being their machine for multiplats. Building a high end PC just for framerate is pretty retard tier. I can afford to build a $7000+ rig right now but I simply have no desire to do it. It has no exclusive that will even utilize the hardware anyway, just multiplats I can get elsewhere and all which have been shit besides witcher 3.
>>
>>323935813
P5 girl has pretty hair.
>>
>>323943432
It's only been 3-4 months since that game came out.
>>
>>323943432
I wouldn't. I already have an insurmountable backlog and I rarely buy a game at release.
>>
>>323943550
>$7000+

Anon, have you actually never owned a gaming PC before?
>>
>>323939023
zip it anon
these threads are important for containment reasons, better to keep all this nonsense in these threads as opposed to it spilling into actual video game threads
>>
>>323937632
That's like saying TVTropes is a TV website in 2016.
>>
>>323943550
So it's just the 'it's either a shitty laptop or a NASA tier computer with nothing inbetween' meme?
>>
>>323936110
>>323937153
weeb pedo shit or literally who games
Only good one remains Bloodborne, and it will stay that way until From makes Bloodborne 2.
>>
File: 1446411104741.jpg (139 KB, 580x580) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446411104741.jpg
139 KB, 580x580
>>323935813
Waiting for a PS4 SLIM
>>
>>323943607
If I have to wait 6+ months for a PC port, its not worth it imo.

Especially if its just a single-player game.

Rather just play the game while it's still topical and has some disscussion surrounding it. Also don't have to avert my eyes and ears from spoilers for longer than a few days.
>>
>>323938832
But modern "Tomb Raider" is a ripoff of the game that ripped it off.
>>
>>323935813
I have one that I enjoy playing every day. I also have a better PC than 99% of this board
>>
File: 1436482006305.png (251 KB, 346x427) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436482006305.png
251 KB, 346x427
>>323944697
>weeb pedo shit
>he says while on a Japanese style image board owned by a Jap
Why the fuck are you even on this site?
>>
>>323944697
What is so special about Bloodborne?

I own it. I'm playing it. I don't get it.

I mean it's not bad but why is it always the one singled out as special?

Is it just that every community besides Souls/From fans is less obnoxious or something?
>>
File: 1452617119445.gif (137 KB, 173x241) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452617119445.gif
137 KB, 173x241
>>323935813
Canadian dollarydoo is shit right now and PS4 is expensive. Hell, I can't even bother to upgrade my PC.

Also poor.
>>
>>323935813
They'll all come to PC eventually
>>
>>323935813
>The Last Guardian
Kek. You guys have been waving that shit around since PS3
>>
>>323935813
>Buy our console before the game you want comes out, so we can pressure you with sales of shit you don't really want, but you get anyway just to justify your purchase of said console.
>>
File: ok.jpg (962 KB, 1741x1093) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ok.jpg
962 KB, 1741x1093
>MFW Disgaea5 and EDF4.1 will forever be ignored by PC-only kids that meme about Bloodborne being the only PS4 exclusive

Oh well

I take comfort in the fact that I'm actually playing these games while they bitch, bait and whine on /v/ all day while waiting for a 4 year old console port releasing tomorow. and I'm buying it too

Seriously, being PC-only is so sad nowadays. I have yet to see a list of 10 anticipated non-indie 2016 PC exclusive games next year that isn't FILLED with Kickstarter or EarlyAccess shit.

Glad to be an idort.
>>
>>323946246
Well, I thought it was being hyped like crazy by sonnygers judt because there is no other game on their platform, but my brother gave me his ps4 for a few days, i got BB 5 days ago and now I'm making my second character.

It's not better than DS1 or 2, but it has one of the best art design ever, gameplay is fresh, and overhaul the game is simply amazing. So amazing I'll buy the old hunters tomorrow and play it for a few days before returning the ps4.

My goty 2015 with f4 and w3.
>>
>>323942361
>>better to spend $400 now when games are few and far between than spend $200 later when all the games are out and you know if there are enough

The truth.
>>
>>323946772
It was on sale for 350 with a game or two during holiday sales. With the exchange rate that made it the equivalent of 250 bucks American. You'll never see pricing like that again. Sounds like you missed the boat.
>>
>>323948219
i got enough of disgaeaeae playing about 10 hours of ONE game.

why would anyone want to play like the EIGHTH game in this series?

it's a combination of autism and super weeaboo pandering shit. oh, right, that's why you like it.
>>
>>323937956
This post reads like gaming journalist. Or a shill. Basically I'm accusing you of being someone who's paid to write about videogames in some respect. In any case, you made me cringe. But not as bad as this faggot. >>323938124

I literally had no idea what Gravity Rush was for the longest time. Because every thing I saw from it, was a still picture of the protagonist, posted by some anon. So I assumed was from some anime or weebshit game. Am I wrong for assuming such? She's just another anime girl.

But the other day, I stumbled on a webm of the game, and it actually showed something interesting. So now I'm open to learn more about it.

Point is: How can you seriously expect anyone not to dismiss the game as weebshit based on the weebshit character designs?
>>
>>323935813

I have a PS4 but still waiting for a cyberpunk game that is similar to Bloodborne.
>>
>>323949117

>mfw enjoying games and recommending them to others is considered shilling now
>>
File: nerd.jpg (40 KB, 800x580) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nerd.jpg
40 KB, 800x580
>>323949089
It's my first Disgaea game actually (never owned a PS2 or PS3), and yes I enjoyed it quite a lot, but thanks for all the projection of your own sad life

really appreciated that
>>
>>323949117
Because there's nothing wrong with weebshit in the first place, and the best games are often weebshit anyway.
Gravity Daze is a game from the creator of fucking Silent Hill.
Fucking plebs. Faggots like you are why videogames are kill. The "faggot" you've linked to sound like you.
>>
File: 1440818516332.png (525 KB, 898x683) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440818516332.png
525 KB, 898x683
>>323937254
>>
I own a PS4, and I literally can only name 4 of those games.
>>
File: generic fps.jpg (45 KB, 324x442) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
generic fps.jpg
45 KB, 324x442
>>323949117
>She's just another anime girl
Ok
>>
File: 1449871578297.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449871578297.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>323949117
>Point is: How can you seriously expect anyone not to dismiss the game as weebshit based on the weebshit character designs?

I'm not even typical anime weebshit design though, kat just looks unique
>>
>>323949319
Meanwhile all the Fallout or Witcher threads we see all the time are totally legit
>>
>>323944886
If a SP game can't stand on its on merits without MUH SOCIAL MEDIA it's probably shit and not worth playing.
>>
>>323944697
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>323949712
She look unique yes
Like a lot of anime girls
>>
>>323939014
Infamous Second Sons got a 80. You have used the DLC
>>
File: large.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
large.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
>>323945581
>"this is a weeb bimage oard"
>uses a very un-weeb westabro image
>>
>>323949404
Weebshit works like hitrates in video games. The stat says 90%, but you find yourself constantly missing. On the surface, a lot of these games show promise. Until you play them, and realize it's another anime overdesigned aesthetic mess, with mediocre gameplay.

>>323949680
This tired meme...

>>323949712
Like I said, I only saw still pictures of the protagonist initially. In her standard state, she looks like just another anime girl.

Even in that picture you posted, had you isolated her figure, and blanked out the environment, she would still just look like some over-the-top weebshit character doing a power move. Only the cityscape gives the impression that the game has character.
>>
>>323949117
I'm not a shill or a game journalist if that helps clear anything up, I am just someone who recently go the game and has been thoroughly impressed with the it. It's completely multi dimensional in the very literal sense of the word, in other games you usually follow a linear path on a levelish plane, in gravity rush world exploration is 360 degrees, you can climb buildings and entire islands from the bottom to the very top, the cities are also bustling with people, its just all around awesome and is oozing with atmosphere and personality.

No game dose it quite like gravity rush, it just feels fresh and unique and nails a very specific feel to the game that no game has done before it, at least ones that I haven't played.
>>
>>323950310
>This tired meme...
Right back at you you hypocritical fuck.
>just another anime girl.
And he's still going on the fucking retard.
>>
>>323949117
>I literally had no idea what Gravity Rush was for the longest time.
Stop. This is not how you make an argument. Your own ignorance is not a valid point. It never is. "I didn't know anything so I judged it prematurely" isn't a fucking positive thing for your point.

>Am I wrong for assuming such?
Yes. It's called being shallow. Stop doing that and stop making judgements while actively parading your own ignorance. That is not a thing you should be doing.

Is it that hard to not pass judgement until you have information? Are you a child?
>>
File: Kat.png (155 KB, 484x711) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kat.png
155 KB, 484x711
>>323950310
Maybe if you blank out the eyes like pic related, she looks quite normalish to me, the eyes make it seem like an anime character. Still, it wouldnt explain why games like indivisible are hugely popular when they main protagonist shares the very same artstyle and if not looks far more anime-like than kat
>>
>>323949117
>>323950310
This has to be an elaborate bait. I can't believe it

>literally judging things by their covers
>the art totally has an incidences on the gameplay guise!

That's it. Normalfags are irremediable retards, there's no need to expect anything else.
>>
>>323948380
>Well, I thought it was being hyped like crazy by sonnygers judt because there is no other game on their platform
You seem to have missed the point and just gone on to do exactly what I was talking about.

My point was why are you and this board so singularly obsessed with that game? You talk as if it's literally physically impossible for everyone who owns a PS4 to not have centred their purchase purely on it.

Are you actually that autistic about how human beings work? Are you incapable of understanding that maybe some people here don't care for Bloodborne but do care for other PS4 exclusives that exist? Or maybe that they care for Bloodborne and other exclusives?

I'm not saying the library is good - I'm asking why this board genuinely talks as if Bloodborne's the literal only thing anyone could humanly care about on the platform.
>>
>>323935813
All my friends play on PC/ wii u
>>
>>323950518
Stating I didn't know what the game was, wasn't a count against the game. It was setting up the point I was making: that the design is weeby. And because the design was weeby, that was the thing that made me blind to the game. Which you can't really blame me for. Because it was a design choice by the creators.

Look, when an artist goes out of their way to try and create an aesthetic that appeals to people. Then the natural result of such, is that the aesthetic will appeal to some, and not appeal to others. And SOME people, will actually be put off by the aesthetic.

The judgement wasn't made on ignorance. Rather, it was made on observing the aesthetic the artist developed, in order to appeal potential players.

It's perfectly fine to make such judgements. For example: if you saw a lion, you wouldn't think "I should get to know this lion better, because assuming that he wants to kill me". You would think "OH SHIT THAT'S A LION". Because your experiences and history and knowledge of lions has conditioned you to fear lions. Thus, avoid them.
>>
>>323950836
Be honest now
This is just a wild guess

But at least one of them is slightly autistic

How right am I?
>>
>>323950757
No, it's definitely everything about her that says "anime". The shape of the face, the color palette, the proportions, the strokes of the lines. Everything about comes from the school of Japanese visual design.

Indivisible looks like a westerner drawing cartoons with some influence from anime.

>>323950798
>>literally judging things by their covers
That's literally how I bought Tales of Symphonia. Walked into the store, saw the cover. Thought it looked pretty bad ass. Bought it. That's when Tales had good character designs though. The new shit is weeby as fuck.

Like I told the other anon. Someone developed a style, specifically to try and appeal to you as much as possible. To give you an exciting visual experience. If that can work positively, then it can also work negatively. The thing that draws you in, might repel others. Can you stop pretending like visual art doesn't matter when it's convenient to your argument? When any other time, you would probably list Gravity Rush's art as a positive.
>>
>>323935954
>neofags/sonyggers trying hard to shill Pee S4
>enjoying other platforms = you hate vidya!
I don't like the PS4 because there's not a lot of games for it

The games that it does have, I don't like.

The games that I do like are not exclusive to PS4, so there's no point in getting one.

Besides
>you can probably emulate some of them
>>
>>323936331
Timed exclusive for PS4 though. Seems like a flavour of the month type game so when it does launch for PC it will be mostly irrelevant, just like all PCs console ports ^^
>>
>>323936110
Nier 2 is guaranteed to be on PC.
>>
File: 1420024312944.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420024312944.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>323950490
While I'm seriously worried for the mental capabilities of the anon you're talking to, you're ever selling Gravity Rush quite a big. It's a cult game but it has big issues.

While writting off entire game because it has "another anime girl" (whatever that means) is absolutely disgusting, he doesn't need GR, it doesn't have perfect gameplay and there's no way an anti-anime underage b& is going to take the atmosphere of this game seriously, simply because of said "anime girl"
>>
>>323951441
You sound like a verbose, pretentious dumbfuck who'd wear a "debate me" shirt.

You don't like anime style and dislike it so much that you're not willing to look past it on any circumstance. Many people are like that. You're not special. You could have shorted your entire post by saying

>I don't usually like weebshit artstyle, but I saw the gameplay and it actually looked interesting
>Is it as good as it looks?

Instead you had to inject a bunch of drama into your post by implying that all anime style games are terrible and only the ones you like are the exception. How can you expect not to be shit on in a board where most users enjoy the artstyle? Is it the only sort of stimulus you can get in a day?
>>
>>323952197
It's the same case as Drakengard 3.
It could go on PC, but only if you get Taro to acknowledge a petition.
>>
>>323952056
>Indivisible looks like a westerner drawing cartoons with some influence from anime.

Nah, same artstyle and indivisibles protag looks more anime than kat, look at the huge ass eyes. Kats character design is arguably more elegant and creative and also less anime.
>>
>>323936110
Only The Witness.
>>
>>323951441
That's not a point, and your ignorance should not be used to "set up a point" either.

If all you'd seen was some artwork, then you had nothing to go off to judge the game as a whole. If you wrote the game off or became "blind to it" purely off that, that's your own active shallowness and absolutely nothing else. This applies to pixel graphics, realism, or any other type of artstyle that is often prone to being blanket called lazy or "dudebro" or anything else like that.

Active ignorance is not a thing you should be bringing up for a point ever.

Artstyles are not inherently dangerous. No form of entertainment is dangerous to you. The lion comparison is fucking stupid. There is a difference between judging a book by its cover and running away from danger. And there is a reason the phrase "don't judge a book by its cover" exists and is so widespread. I'm sure I don't need to explain that to you.

Oh and, for the love of fucking god, stop using the word weeb as if it means anything in the context you're using it. It doesn't. The closest thing you could give to a definition for it is "vaguely anime-like visuals because eyes and thin outlines I guess". If you choose to base anything on that word and use it in a discussion, that only further cements your own active ignorance.

And don't give me that "but it's in common usage here". That doesn't stop it being ignorant poorly defined bullshit.
>>
File: Price drop when.jpg (344 KB, 1812x941) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Price drop when.jpg
344 KB, 1812x941
I'm waiting for price drop. They need to drop another ¥5000 before I can buy it.
>>
>>323952384
Nah son. It's already all but confirmed.
>>
>>323952215
>no way an anti-anime underage b& is going to take the atmosphere of this game seriously, simply because of said "anime girl"
Hey man. I'm that anon you're referring to. And I'll have you know I'm well into adulthood. I'm not anti-anime. I'm *apathetic* to *weebshit*. There's a distinction. And I'm perfectly capable mentally.
I actually complimented the game. And noted that it appears more interesting than what I initially gave it credit for. But that part didn't register for you, for some reason.
>>
>>323952673
>I'm not anti-anime. I'm *apathetic* to *weebshit*.
This is an actual point you're attempting to make.

Stop for a second. Look at the word weebshit. Realise you don't actually have a meaningful definition for it. And then realise how fucking stupid it is to think the way you are with that in mind.

This isn't specifically about the game. This is about YOU.
>>
>>323952281
High new IP. I see you just entered the thread and...
>You don't like anime style and dislike it so much that you're not willing to look past it on any circumstance.
...you clearly didn't read it. So please do me the favor of actually reading my posts before responding with your uninformed remarks.
>>
>>323952505
OK... I know you guys think I'm the evil anti-anime anon or whatever. But someone back me up here. This guy is obviously crazy for thinking these styles look the same, right? I don't think anyone but a normalfag would seriously confuse indivisible for an anime. You're tlaking crazy right now.
>>
>>323944972
but it's also better, so who gives a fuck
>>
>>323942257
This, games like Persona 5 or Ni No Kuni 2 are on the same ship. Yeah, they can be released in other platforms because they don't have any exclusive contract, but is difficult that will happen.
>>
>>323952862
>High new IP.

"High" to you too.

>How can you seriously expect anyone not to dismiss the game as weebshit based on the weebshit character designs?

You said this. What other meaning can I derive from it? You literally said you were willing to dismiss a game because you didn't like the "weeby" artstyle, never mind the fact that it's made by a Japanese studio so it's impossible for it to be weeaboo.

Like I said, plenty of people are dismissive of anime artstyle. Instead of just admitting that and saying you personally didn't like the game because of it, you had to bait by saying "how can you expect ANYONE to like it".

Now you're saying you don't actually dislike anime artstyle. That's some A grade goalpost moving.
>>
>>323953797
Except Nier 2 is already confirmed to not be exclusive.

see >>323939598
And a Square Enix employee also said it's timed exclusive.
>>
>>323952556
>That's not a point, and your ignorance should not be used to "set up a point" either.
Oh it's a point. You may disagree. But it's a point. Also, ignorance can be used to set up points. Like, you could say, "I didn't know aobut gravity rush. But the art looked cool. Therefore I sought more info on the game".
And that would be a valid statement.

>that's your own active shallowness and absolutely nothing else.
You can't investigate everything you see, anon. That's literally impossible. You would do nothing but watch trailers, and read info on video games. Because there's SO MANY. You have to exercise some kind of judgement. That's like a basic function for being a human.

>There is a difference between judging a book by its cover and running away from danger.
Both things rely on the same principles of judgement. Different visual input, but same principles are being exercised.

>And there is a reason the phrase "don't judge a book by its cover" exists
Yeah, because books are comprised of words. And you put those words together to make images in you head and experience the content of the book that way.
VIDEOgames, are comprised of images. And you must look upon those images, in order to play the game. What you see is a major aspect of the medium. So large, that it's literally in the name of the medium.

>Oh and, for the love of fucking god, stop using the word weeb as if it means anything in the context you're using it
Now you're the one being ignorant. Just because you arent' familiar with my usage, doesn't mean I'm not using it correctly. Obviously, if I was using "weeb" to mean anything vaguely anime styled, then that would be fucking stupid.
>>
>>323954035
Stop doing this. All you're doing is shitting up discussion of the game in the long term with this bullshit.

The situation is EXACTLY as described in >>323942257 much like all of Yoko Taros games.

Don't make the discussion of the game any more cancerous than it is when it doesn't need to be. Please.
>>
File: FUCK Gen 7.png (2 MB, 1016x1577) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FUCK Gen 7.png
2 MB, 1016x1577
>>323952673
Whatever you say anon. Peoples who absolutely hate anime art style, something that was widely used and the NORM for videogames for decades, are either new to videogames (started gaming with the 360 new) PC gamers only (meaning they missed the best videogames of all time) or underage. At least I can't explain it any other ways.

Good if you complimented GR, it's indeed a great Vita game by a true auteur (but not exempt of issues), but you didn't need to coat everything in the generic HURRR ALL ANIME GIRL ARE THE SAME ALL ANIME ARE SHIT AHAAAAAAH, especially on a website made to talk about it.
>>
>>323954267
>game confirmed not exclusive by publisher and platform owner alike
>this is exactly like when a game is exclusive and there is not even a hint of that ever changing

Stop being retarded, anon.
>>
When I see that the PS4 has something truly unique to offer in terms of gameplay that previous generations of consoles do not. Something that would really get my attention. Otherwise there is no point in buying one when I already own a PS3 and PS2 and can buy games for them for a much cheaper price.
>>
File: 1448441672127.jpg (7 KB, 211x290) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448441672127.jpg
7 KB, 211x290
Because I have about 50 games in my backlog to beat and not enough time to do it.
And
>mfw sub 30fps 900p
>>
>>323952575
Interview with Platinum: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/inside-platinum-games-japans-most-unique-game-deve/1100-6433280/

"Nier is a special case where the publisher decided on the console exclusivity, and that was part of their business decision and that's totally okay"

It seems that SE doesn't have plans to make Nier 2 in other platforms anon.
>>
>>323954578
SE themselves said otherwise, the devs are not allowed to reveal info contrary to the official announcements though.
>>
>>323954725
Where did SE said the game will come out in other platforms?
>>
>>323952846
I have a definition for weebshit. But no one is asking for it. So eh...

>>323954336
>you didn't need to coat everything in the generic HURRR ALL ANIME GIRL ARE THE SAME ALL ANIME ARE SHIT AHAAAAAAH
I didn't say that. I said something that you might have confused for that.

And I certainly didn't say it with that much intensity. It's previous clear that you took it more intensely than how it was stated, as reflected by your exaggerated rendition.

My point has always been that sometimes people might be put off from something for good reason. Even if that thing is actually really good. A good thing can still be offputting. And if you don't understand that. Then you become one of those whiny bitches, who can't take criticism. That's not you, right? You wouldn't get upset, just because someone doesn't like what you like, would you?
>>
>>323954985
On the playstation blog.
>>
>>323954261
>"I didn't know aobut gravity rush. But the art looked cool. Therefore I sought more info on the game".
That's not a point, that's a course of action.

"I saw the art, so I looked it up. So you should look things up" is a point (a poorly argued one).

>You can't investigate everything you see, anon.
No, but you know what you can do? Pass no judgement without relevant information.

I do not pass judgement on any game I know only the artstyle of. The only thing I know about Lisa is the artstyle. And I have no judgement on the game because of that.

> Just because you arent' familiar with my usage, doesn't mean I'm not using it correctly.
Then please. Give a meaningful definition. I've been here nearly a decade and no one has a meaningful definition for weeb as a descriptor for games or anime or artstyles. It's vague and undefined shit.

Even if you DO have a definition for it, it sure as hell isn't one shared by the people you discuss things with because I can guarantee others will have a different definition.


>>323954458
>>323954725
No one at Square or Platinum has ever said the game is coming to other platforms. They've said they're "always open" to doing so, but that isn't in anyway a confirmation that it is or will happen.
>>
>>323935813
>NO MY METACRITIC SCORES, DONT LOOK AT THEM NOOOO
>>
>>323955075
>SE said they are actively looking into releasing it on other platforms and it's only exclusive to PS4 for the time being
>Sony themselves confirmed it's not exclusive to their platform
>but it's only on muh PS4

Well, whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>323955064
You are dumb as fuck man. That doesn't confirms nothing. PS can't say that the game is exclusive because they don't have any contract with SE.

Simple as that, there is a lot Japanese games that don't are exclusive and only come out on 1 japanese console because that's their market target.

Nier Automatas is not going to release on PC, face the reality and buy PS4 if you want to play the game.
>>
>>323955854
It was a SE employee posting there, you moron.
>>
>>323950119
>the reply is about reaction image
Why anti-sony shitposter so retarded ?
>>
>>323955075
>That's not a point, that's a course of action.
I don't blame you for not getting it. It's a little unclear. The point there was that the art was cool. As determined by the course of actions. Had the art been uninteresting, then the person might not have taken action to know more about the game. So the action is proving the point about the art.

>>323955075
>Pass no judgement without relevant information.
Literally impossible. Your brain is judging every bit of stimulus that you body senses.
Also, The artstyle IS relevant information for judging a videogame.
Merely by remaining uninterested, you have made a judgement. Your brain encountered the imagery, and dismissed it.

>Then please. Give a meaningful definition
Weeb, or weeaboo, as we know it, is a cousin term to wapanese. Essentially meaning the same thing... initially. However, the definition mutated over time, and here's what we're left with: 1. A love of Japanese culture and/or Otaku culture, to the point where good judgement is forgone. 2. Special consideration is given, based on the fact that the object is from Japan.

Example: A western game uses a shitty cliche trope and Bill criticizes it. A Japanese game uses a shitty cliched trope, and Bill forgives it. Bill is a weeb.

So from here, in order to classify what makes a produce a weeby product, you have to consider it's audience. Does the game cater to weebs? Does it use all the tired tropes from anime? Does it have mewling moeblobs? Does it have over-designed characters, doing flashy but ultiamtely weightless spam attacks?
Yes to all above? Well, that sir, is a weeb game.
>>
>>323956092
>SE confirms Nier Automatas is temporaly exclusive

> Never saw that in /v/, Neogaf and other press webs.

Do you even try it man?
>>
File: PS4 stuff.jpg (1 MB, 1493x1610) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PS4 stuff.jpg
1 MB, 1493x1610
>>323937153
The more time goes on, the more I realise that my tastes have contracted into a smaller and smaller set. There was a time I liked JRPGs, and a time I would have taken the plunge on a lot more of the "meh" games on this list.

Growing old is shit, I don't recommend doing it.
>>
>>323957191
It's not a press release, you dumbass. And it's mentioned in pretty much every Nier 2 thread. Also, learn to speak English.
>>
Why do non weebs pretend their opinions hold any weight on 4chan? I can understand if we were on Reddit or Facebook, but dismissing games as weebshit automatically invalidates your opinion completely.
>>
Why are the all a cool shade of blue?
>>
>>323935813
>all coming soon

So it's just like the PS3 were there's fucking nothing and you may as well wait until the next gen to buy it when everything's cheaper and actually out.
>>
>>323957565
>It's not a press release

Where's the confirmation then? Hahahahahaha
>>
>>323957650
Blue and green is the new brown and bloom.
>>
>>323957617
Being on one site or another doesn't give your opinion more or less validation.

At least you admit to being a weeb though. That's more than what your brothers can do.
>>
>>323958052
On Sony's youtube channel. Hahahahahaha
>>
>>323958394
But that's like going on 420chan and telling people weed is for losers. Like, what's the point?
>>
File: 1442362114936.jpg (116 KB, 542x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442362114936.jpg
116 KB, 542x384
>>323935813
>Bought PS4
>Games all cost $80+ new now
Thanks Canadian dollar for sucking dick.
>>
>Also on Vita or PC

And Persona 5 is on pS3
>>
>>323958757
Why not a Murrican PSN?
>>
>>323958987
>Buying three platforms to play games that are all available on one
>>
File: Untitled.png (11 KB, 483x192) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
11 KB, 483x192
>>323959064
It wouldn't help at all.
>>
>>323957132
Look, man. I don't wanna carry this on and I assume you don't either. I really am not going to bother with how you defined "weeb" because it'd be a circular discussion.

I will say - play the game and judge it then. Same for any game, anime, movie, TV show, book etc.
>>
>>323958737
Well does 420chan have boards that talk about things other than weed? Maybe they have a video game board, and someone just likes going there to talk about video games. And then weed somehow came up one game thread, so hes like "I don't like weed". And then a bunch of pot heads jumped on him talking about "you probably like to get drunk, drunky. Yea, you fucking alcoholic."

And then he's like, "you can smoke weed if you want. I just think it's stupid. Also, I barely drink. Everyone has a drink or two socially right?"

And then they're like, "He drinks! He's a fucking normalfag! Look at this drinking normalfag going to parties and being social! Why are you even here?!"
>>
File: 1452803660742.png (1 MB, 659x979) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452803660742.png
1 MB, 659x979
>>
>>323946246

>What is so special about Bloodborne?

>I own it. I'm playing it. I don't get it.

It's literally all sonyggers have. So all they do is talk about Bloodborne being the greatest.

"sony always wins"
>>
>>323959338
I understand that arguments can be energy draining. So I won't talk shit for ending it. However, I still believe that you have the wrong idea about how judgement works. And also the wrong idea about how I judged the game.

Here's a video that might get you to think differently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtnS08uKJ9Q
>>
>>323959503
That sounds perfectly reasonable to me, sounds like that person is on the wrong website to begin with. Even so, a more fair comparison would be disregarding, say movies as stonershit or calling said fans of those movies loser stoners.
>>
>>323959951
Seriously. Like a year later and it's all they can fucking talk about. I mean how weeks and months could you possibly spend being hyped for a Souls game?
>>
>>323960285
I like LBP and Infamous, but my threads 404 in 10 minutes when I make them
>>
>>323935813
This counts as shilling.
Mods, tear down this thread.
>>
>>323936110
FUCK OFF WITH THIS IMAGE, THAT DRIVING "GAME" IS A PHOTOGRAPH
>>
File: 1451341547198.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451341547198.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
>>323937572
>nothing wrong with anime
>>
>>323935813
I owned a ps3, where all the exclusives were forgettable minus Uncharted 2. Now I have to pay for online on top of that? As well as for emulating ps2 games I already own? And games still run at 30 fps. No thanks. I switched to pc and realized how much I have been missing.
>>
>>323960234
If that sounds reasonable to you, then you're just another person looking for an echo chamber. Looking for a hugbox. And in that case, you're really missing the intent of sites like these.

Notice that I can say "fuck anime artstyles in games, they're all shit. Everyone one of them", and I won't get banned. Because that's the true nature of the board. It's open to dissenting opinions.
>>
>>323949117(You)
Disregard that I suck dicks.
>>
>>323961151
I never asked for an echo chamber, feel free to post whatever you want. Just don't pretend your opinion is worthwhile when it dismisses what the website is made to discuss
>>
>>323960969
I sense the PC master race coming.
>>
>>323961495
I think you're mistaken. Please explain how speaking an opinion on a particular website somehow invalidates it. Please explain the mechanics to me. Because that doesn't even sound like logic or reason. Sounds like an emotional argument.
>>
Because I'm homeless and currently living in a garage.
>>
>>323940342
> 2016
> girlfriend
> friends
Kek.
>>
>>323962084
>Go to church
>"Jesus is stupid"
>Go to museum
>"Art is stupid"
>Go to convention
>"Comics are stupid"
>Go to college
>"Education is stupid"
>>
>>323942798
you're like a girl who brings up the past in her arguments because there is nothing you can say
>>
File: Get fucked PCfat.png (123 KB, 718x826) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Get fucked PCfat.png
123 KB, 718x826
>>323936536
>>323952197
>NieR: AUTOMATA is currently in development exclusively for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system
http://platinumgames.com/2015/11/02/official-title-for-nier-sequel-revealed/
>>
>>323960027
The point is that if you saw GR and assumed "weeb" ('So I assumed was from some anime or weebshit game'), there's a leap there that, no, I don't see how you can say is normal. I would never do that and it's equivalent to seeing Arma III and thinking "dudebro" or seeing Cave Story and thinking "indieshit". THAT is ignorance plain and simple.

Even if you try and say that the term "weeb" isn't necessarily negative, your definition of it is still grounded in meaningless terms. You defined what a weeaboo is then loosely connected it to other poorly defined things. Which are the "tired tropes" from anime? How do you define a moeblob I'm not even going to start on how that term and 'moeshit' are completely misunderstandings of what moe actually is? The closest to something meaningful in your description is "over-designed" and "flashy but weightless". But that doesn't particularly apply to GR or a hell of a lot of games people call "weeb".

I don't know why I'm continuing this.
>>
>>323962515
You didn't explain the mechanics. You only gave more examples.
Alright, so you go in a church. And you know, the church has other services. Like funeral services or whatever. So let's say you're there for a funeral. And then someone tires to get you to participate in a part of the ceremony. And you tell them you don't want to, because you aren't a believer in Jesus.

So like... magically your opinion is invalid at church? I don't understand.
>>
>upgrade/build nice PC
>still play more PS4
>>
>>323962896
Platinum games released a statement 2 days later literally saying it is a Playstation 4 exclusive

Who do you trust? A euro square community rep or Platinum games themselves?
>>
>>323937532
Not saying Halo 5 looked amazing, but I never noticed any straight up ugly textures. And the campaign isn't bad it's just not very exciting. I can understand why people wouldn't like it though, but fuck anyone who says Halo 5 has bad multiplayer, you can fuck off.
>>
>>323963074
Try reading my screencap, pal.

I'm agreeing with you. It says "not a timed exclusive, but a full exclusive" right there in the image.
>>
>>323963017
Absolutely correct
>>
>>323937214
when are you kids gonna grow up and like everything like an adult?
>>
>>323962948
Did you watch the video? It's only under 4 minutes.
The assumption I made about the character, is not a far leap. Typically, cute anime girls with retarded designs like hers, end up coming from otaku pandering, mediocre titles. Therefore, I didn't think to look into it further. Why would I? What information from her character design, and ONLY her character design, hints at anything other than some weebshit? Nothing. Therefore, I was not given any cues that might bring her design to front of mind.

I would not blame someone for confusing Cave Story for indie shit. Because there's a looooooot of shitty pixel indie games out there. It's not ignorant to make that judgement.
The only thing I would have a problem with, is if when I attempted to explain that Cave Story is actually very fun and well made, that person completely dismissed what I was saying.
>>
>>323963292
My bad, didn't read the post, just saw pic and instantly thought you know what xD
>>
Its more than 1000 $ here in Argentina that's why.
>>
>>323963754
>40 million sold.
>Those pathetic assortment of games
>The vaporware guardian
>Personotreleased 5
>Demon's Souls in the picture for some reason.
>Bloodborne shown twice.
I can't tell who this picture is supposed to be making fun of.
>>
>>323964023
>I would not blame someone for confusing Cave Story for indie shit
I would, especially since its over 10 years old and a highly influential video game. Also, there is nothing wrong with pixel art either.
>>
>>323964023
>cute anime girls with retarded designs like hers, end up coming from otaku pandering, mediocre titles.
Yeah see, no. I refuse to believe you made this statement without understanding that you're pre-emptively judging things beyond what you can actually know. I've never once looked at something, anything, and thought something like that.

>I would not blame someone for confusing Cave Story for indie shit. Because there's a looooooot of shitty pixel indie games out there. It's not ignorant to make that judgement.
It absolutely is. That is someone making an judgement that you need more information to make before they have the information necessary to make it. It's built purely on an assumption.

I wouldn't blame someone for glossing over Cave Story because of its visuals, but I certainly would call them out if they described it as "indieshit" after glossing over it and doing absolutely nothing to learn anything about it beyond that it has pixel graphics. If you really don't see fault in people generalizing like that then you're already too far gone.
>>
>>323964493
Not everyone is going to know the indie darling. Not everyone has the same experiences as you.

Also, identifying pixelart as indie shit, isn't necessarily saying that the pixel style is bad. What the person is doing, is drawing an association from low res simplistic pixel art to the mountain of indie shit that uses low res simplistic pixel art.
>>
>>323964023
I made a webm for you since the game dose pique your interest
>>
>>323964829
Well, I can understand if the person in question is a normie, but anyone with more than a superficial interest in video games should have heard of Cave Story. That's like not at least knowing what Deus Ex or Earthbound is.
>>
Who /pc & ps4 masterrace/ here?
>>
>>323960285
discussing lore is fun
>>
>>323964829
>What the person is doing, is drawing an association from low res simplistic pixel art to the mountain of indie shit that uses low res simplistic pixel art.
And that's superficial and meaningless. Super Meat Boy and Undertale are both pixel games. There is no association to make there at all beyond the fact they both use pixel-looking graphics. There is nothing you can assume from that fact beyond that.

If I saw a sprite, I would never instantly assume that the game is "indieshit". If I see an anime character I would never instantly assume the game is "weebshit". If I see a guy from the army, I wouldn't assume the game is a "dudebro".

Do you really not see how doing that would be ignorant?
>>
>>323964820
>I've never once looked at something, anything, and thought something like that.
Well, I didn't think it *loudly* or anything. I didn't proclaim it in my head. It was just the impression I got before casually moving on.

Like the guy in the video explain: How does he know that he will sit safely in the chair? He doesn't know that particular chair. He's never seen it. But he casually sits. Judging that the chair will support his weight.

According to you, it would be impossible for him to know what the chair can do, before he's tested it. So then he's wrong for sitting before knowing more about the chair.

>That is someone making an judgement that you need more information to make before they have the information necessary to make it. It's built purely on an assumption.
No, they have made the judgement based on visual cues.

> I certainly would call them out if they described it as "indieshit" after glossing over it and doing absolutely nothing to learn anything about it beyond that it has pixel graphics.
It's evident that you would. But they wouldn't be at fault. They are only making their judgement based on the available information.
>>
>>323962896
>right now it's not a timed exclusive
>this may change in the future
>other post implies it's timed exclusive in a way that can't be misinterpreted
>Sony themselves later confirmed it's not exclusive

Hahaha, Sonybronies on suicide watch.
>>
>>323950517
>>323950310
btfo
>>
>>323964889
I like you anon. Instead of shaming people for making poor judgments, like some crybaby SJW. You give people the resources to make better judgement. The game in motion looks 10x better than just the character art alone.
>>
>>323957206
you dust develped taste anon. agree with almost all of your opinions. Except for yakuza i want that
i still only have Bloodborne on my ps4, i love the game but people are right when they say it's a bloodborne machine if you don't care about most of the AAA shit and weeb shit
>>
File: UpcomingPCExc.jpg (4 MB, 4000x5845) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
UpcomingPCExc.jpg
4 MB, 4000x5845
>>
>>323963017
correct retard
>>
>>323965437
A example of PC master race shit from the olden days
>>
>>323965913
Man I just want people to see the beauty of this game haha, its just really fun and dose look great in motion
>>
File: 1358384072678.png (68 KB, 204x190) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1358384072678.png
68 KB, 204x190
>>323935813
>>323936110
>>323937153
I like most of the games in these pics

Sue me /v/
>>
>>323965206
I didn't know what Deus Ex was, until HR came out. And even then, I didn't catch on right away. I grew up with PC. But my older brother was more into PC than I was. So he would get all of those games. Yet he never got Deus Ex. I never knew it existed. I only knew EB, because my brother figured out SNES emulation in like 2000-ish. No one knew what EB was in my town. I figured it out because I liked Chrono Trigger, and wanted to see what other RPGs I could play.

So experience is a pretty heavy factor.
>>
>>323966174
>weeb shit
>>
>>323964889
Another webm of just normal walking
>>
>>323965206
What would you define as a superficial interest in video games?
>>
>>323939167
Get out of your basement, probably smells unbearable from all your cum covered anime figurines
>>
File: untitled-1102.jpg (54 KB, 401x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
untitled-1102.jpg
54 KB, 401x225
>>323966174
>Tfw more interesting shit on this list than the one in the PS4 lists and I'm not even a neckbeard PC fag

Fuck what is happening to consoles, man.
>>
>>323965582
You keep using ignorant as a pejorative. I want to agree and say it's ignorant. But I don't want you to think I'm agreeing with your point in whole. I'm not. But yes, it is ignorant. However, being ignorant doesn't necessarily mean you can't make a judgement.
This goes back to what the guy said in the video. He's ignorant of the chair. Yet, he made the judgement that the chair could support him. So he sat. Does that make his judgement poor? Is he supposed to assume that every chair is special and unique and test every one?
>>
>>323964889
are in game colors like that or is it just the webm that looks muddy? or are my eyes shit because i'm getting old?
>>
>>323966328
Sounds like you should spend more time playing videogames instead of posting on 4chan
>>
>>323964889
>drags a guy up and drops him
>>
>>323939354
Console wars are literally only a thing because of people who don't have enough money to do that. It's not exactly buyer's remorse, more like sour grapes mentality. "I only wanted this system anyway, the other one is stupid, its exclusives are stupid, its players are stupid, etc."
>>
>>323966182
>>323963575
Well I suppose if you believe in Jesus, then magic spaces where opinions are altered isn't too far fetched. I mean, the dude rose from his grave! Invalidating an opinion is nothing in comparison.
>>
>>323966963
Not sure, but it's muddy for me too. I think it's the quality of the webm, along with some in-game color filter.
>>
>>323966174
>indie games
>KS games
>MMOs
>FPS

Nigga the only ones I see worthwhile there are XCOM and RCT, and even that one Im sure it will dissapoint
>>
>>323967172
Not only is this some hardcore tipping, but you are missing the point entirely
>>
File: 4daplaiers.jpg (128 KB, 800x1011) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4daplaiers.jpg
128 KB, 800x1011
>>323959758
You have 10 fucking seconds to fucking delete that
>>
>>323967685
U MAD?
>>
>>323967496
>self-published games, games that got their funding from normal people, and entire genres are bad meme
>>
>>323965656
>But they wouldn't be at fault.
This is ultimately where we disagree.

I've never said stereotyping shouldn't exist, but again, chairs, like lions, are not directly comparable to entertainment. You assume the chair is safe because most of what you can learn about the chair is learned visually. The problem is when you assume the stereotype applies prematurely. You can not know about how a game works based on its character art consistently.

I can accept that people will use the word weebshit/indieshit/dudebro even if they're poorly defined (still bullshit though). I can accept that people will generally gloss over things that visually don't personally interest them (and that's perfectly fine). But fault occurs when someone associates the two. When someone glosses over something AND attaches labels to it. And you really don't see any issue with that?

>>323965913
>Instead of shaming people for making poor judgments, like some crybaby SJW
Oh please. People aren't shaming you, or at least I'm not and I've been discussing this the most with you. I'm just telling you to hold judgement until information is known to you. Information is a google search away from you and always has been.
>>
File: feel.png (77 KB, 512x461) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
feel.png
77 KB, 512x461
>>323967824
You too huh? Yeah these fucks get to me too sometimes bro.
>>
>>323967548
Nah, I just said some shit about Jesus, because I know saying anything bad about the christian religion on 4chan will trigger anons to call you a fedora. It's too fucking easy.

As for the point: What point? All those anons did, was answer my question with facetious agreement. What meaning am I supposed to glean from that?
>>
>>323967117
Haha yeah that happened alot in the game when you use gravity near people, you can move the civilians around
>>
>>323935813
>Have $3000 PC that can max out everything
>PS4 still gets more games that look better visually while any PC game with the budget for decent visuals is packed full of awful looking Gameworks features

Thanks nvidia.
>>
>>323967496
>Battletech from the Dragonfall guys
>Divinity Original Sin 2
>W40k game from E.Y.E. devs
>Endless Space 2
>Grim Dawn from Titan Quest dev
>Syberia 3
>new Planescape
>Warhammer Total War
>not worthwile

It's okay to have shit taste but it's retarded to assume these games aren't promising to be great for the people who are interested in the genre or those IPs.
>>
>>323968357
>Have $3000 PC
No you don't
>>
>>323968456
Holy shit an anon who actually knows what he's talking about, I gotta screencap this
>>
More gravity rush
>>
>>323968529
I have an R9 Fury X.
Nobody who isn't dumb enough to spend $3k on a PC would willingly admit that.
>>
>>323968456
So you name a bunch of shitty retro CRPGs and indie titles. No thanks
>>
>>323969049
>Indie games are bad meme
>>
>>323967943
>This is ultimately where we disagree.
Then that is ultimately where you are mistaken.

>but again, chairs, like lions, are not directly comparable to entertainment.
And again, even though those things are all different, the same principles of judgement are exercised when evaluating them all. The differences are what cues you receive. Like you said, the chair can be reasonable understood visually. And so can games. Because video games are a visual medium. You can find visual cues from various games, and create a profile. Weeb games have a certain profile. Dudebro games ahve a certain profile. Indie games have a certain profile. Etc.

The stereotype of the cute anime girl, equating to mediocre otaku trash didn't come from a vacuum. It was a part of a well established profile. The stereotype has enough truth to be warranted.

>I can accept that people will generally gloss over things that visually don't personally interest them
You really can't. Because you fail to see that even the act of "glossing over" something, is a for of judgement. You may not consciously think you've applied a label. But for sure, your brain has applied a label. The key here, is that when you reflect on why you glossed something over, you can read the label. And then recall what you thought of it.

>And you really don't see any issue with that?
Not by you. You've yet to really make a good case. Other than to say it's "ignorant", and ask doubt-inducing rhetorical questions.

>People aren't shaming you
I was half joking just to fuck with you. But the truthful half is that by laying fault on someone for their ignorance, you are essentially playing thought police. Or maybe "police" is the wrong term. How about "thought nag". Waving your finger at people like "you're ignorant! You're ignorant!".
>>
>>323968795
Dress up shit too!?
>G-guys, this totally isn't a weeb game. Y-you're just ignorant.
>>
>>323952505
>same artstyle
lel
>>
>>323969890
I think that word has lost its meaning.
>>
>>323970494
>Weeb game centered around a mechanic that tries to focus the camera on the character's crotch region for as long as possible
>>
>>323969645
Shit, man. Then be cynical if you want. It's 2am and I am tired as shit.

At the end of the day all I wanted to say was that you should play things before claiming anything about them. I don't think that's so much to ask. I never label things until I've educated myself on them fully because I don't think I can make any form of assessment until I understand a substantial amount about a work. Sure, you could say I associate things superficially, but I don't hold any weight to those associations until I know more.
>>
>>323954482
Troof.
>>
>>323935954
>>323936619
Smells of samefag in here, but I agree.
>>
Does Gravity Rush on PS4 come included with the DLC from the original?
>>
>>323971975
does he watch his porn on ps4
>>
>>323972103
Yes I believe so
>>
>>323971250
I told you I wouldn't talk shit if you stopped the argument. But I still think you're mistaken about how judgement works, and how I judged the game.

To reiterate my point: How can you seriously expect anyone not to dismiss the game as weebshit based on the weebshit character designs?
I believe the character design is a major factor in profiling the game as weebshit. And therefore, you shouldn't be surprised if someone doesn't pay it any mind, because they have the impression that it's weebshit, based on it's visual design.

I think you're making an emotional argument, because "weebshit" is a pejorative. It's a negative. If the same situation as painted positively, then you wouldn't bother with this argument right now. You would agree with the persons positive "ignorant" judgement of the character.
>>
>>323958737
More like going on TVTropes and saying you don't watch TV. No one GAFs.
>>
>>323972395

That's pretty cool, thanks pal.
>>
>Last Guardian

I want to believe
>>
>The Last Guardian
>Rime

>implying these games will ever come out
>>
>>323972437
>I believe the character design is a major factor in profiling the game as weebshit. And therefore, you shouldn't be surprised if someone doesn't pay it any mind, because they have the impression that it's weebshit, based on it's visual design.
You keep saying this and I keep seeing blanks wherever 'weebshit' is written. It does not work as a word.

I'm not bothered if someone pays the game no mind. Never have been. I think they're free to.

>. If the same situation as painted positively, then you wouldn't bother with this argument right now. You would agree with the persons positive "ignorant" judgement of the character.
It's rare that anyone labels things superficially in a positive way but no, I think that would bother me just as much.
>>
>>323968456
Well I never played any of those games because I actually like fun games so Im pretty sure im not missing anything important
>>
>>323973091
>It's rare that anyone labels things superficially in a positive way
Are you kidding? You want to talk about words that have no meaning. Let's talk about the word "fun".
>I like this character. They look like a lot of fun. Unlike [arbitrary character they don't like].
Even well meaning people like >>323966256
>lol this game is fun!
Hey, thanks for the descriptor. That's totally selling me on the game.

At least with "weebshit", even though *you* don't understand it. You at least have a vague understanding of what the person is trying to convey. You know they're referencing anime in some way. You know they're talking about cultural influence that is infused in the game. You know they're probably talking about something to do with cute girls and the otakus that love them.
You understanding of weeb is lacking, but you have some semblance of what that person is trying to describe. But "fun" gets a free pass all the fucking time, and no one knows what the fuck it means.
>>
>>323973990
Oh no doubt. I agree meaninglessly throwing the word 'fun' around is terrible for discussion. I've said this on multiple occasions when the whole 'video games don't have to be about fun' image gets posted.

>You at least have a vague understanding of what the person is trying to convey.
That does not make it better. Because it's nothing but personal association and bias.
>>
>>323973525
You have to be at least 12 to post here
>>
>>323975169
>it's nothing but personal association and bias.
It's really not. It's just you not wanting to accept it's use. I don't know why people have such a difficult time understanding words through context... Oh wait. I forgot where I am for a second.

Look, even if it isn't the word fun. Just the general notion of "this is good" or "this is bad", or "this is unworthy of attention", is a judgement based on labels. I think you're having a hard time understanding, because you can barely understand how words arise from context.
Like, you need a dictionary to tell you what something means, before you can accept it's meaning. Where I, am looking at the meaning, and then deciding the word that best fits it.

So I look at the labels of judgement as meaning first, words second. I don't care if you don't have a conscious linguistic label for something. You're still giving things meanings. Labeling them with meaning.

These meanings are stereotypes. And the stereotypes come from conditioning. You aren't born with a stereotype. You develop one. They come from somewhere.

The visuals that GR's main character has, is an aspect of the stereotypical mediocre otaku-pandering super Japanese-influenced games. If I, or whoever else, doesn't even know what the word "weeb" is, we would still be applying the same meaning to the game as a label. And thus, it would be overlooked.

And, not knowing what "weeb" meant, if you asked me why I didn't like it, I would just say "I don't care for the character" But because I DO have a word for the meaning, I use the word instead.
>>
>>323976446
>The visuals that GR's main character has, is an aspect of the stereotypical mediocre otaku-pandering super Japanese-influenced games
Really? Come on, man. Your entire post is worded fine until here you just lay it on thick.

No, I'm sorry, but I do not immediately think those things when I see female character in an 'anime style'. That is a MASSIVE bias.
>>
>>323977185
Are you kidding? Look at how she's dressed. I don't even know where to being. The heels, the incomprehensible thigh wrappings coming up to her uhh... what would you wall that? Some one piece with bloomers on the bottom, and only boob covers on top, with swirls going around her nipples, and a sun around her belly button. And that long flowing scarf every third Japanese protagonist has.

She's total waifu bait.
And if there was any uncertainty before, you only have to look at this >>323939661 and this >>323939061
They're totally trying to sell the game on cute girls.

It's not just anime. It's otaku pandering. It's weebshit. Well... At least that's what the characters convey.
>>
>>323978240
>>323977185
btw. I'm out. Enough back and forth for me for one night. I have to return to real life. It's difficult doing what I need to do in between big posts. Nice talking to you anon. Even if we disagree.
>>
>>323978240
Half of what you just described applies to Wonder Woman. And none of it has any bearing on anything about the game itself.

Is she cute? Sure. Is that presented? Definitely. Does that say anything about the work inherently? Absolutely not.
Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 64
Thread DB ID: 441001



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.