[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Quest Builders will be 60hrs LONG FEATURING ALL TOWNS FROM DQ1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/dragon-quest-builders-50-60-hours-long

Are you guys going to get this game /v/?
>>
>>323850835
i have never played a minecraft game before but i think this looks cute as fuck. will definitely try it since i am a fan of the series
>>
>DQ1 except blocky
Might be okay
>>
>>323850835
>Are you guys going to get this game /v/?
That's up to Square Enix not me
>>
I am not a fan of minecraft but I do like DQ

Not sure what to feel about this
>>
>>323850835
what's the plot?
>>
>>323852039
>>
>>323852234
What if the hero fucked up and failed in DQ1.
>>
This actually seems cool as fuck, minecraft is cool in concept but the lack of any real objectives kind of bores me after the initial freedom wore off, if this gives me something to build towards i can get deep into this.
>>
I'll probably get it used.
>>
>>323852039
>>323852281
Please, Square.
>>
>mfw the story is how you can become the strongest builder
>>
Already preordered. Picking up my copy from Lawson's across the road after I finish work. So pumped
>>
Maybe if the Vita version is localized, which knowing Squeenix it won't be.
>>
>>323850835
>FEATURING ALL TOWNS FROM DQ1
That's like 5 towns.
>>
I wonder if apart from the story you can just play it as a regular minecraft mode and online with toher people.
>>
>>323853768
The article says something about a free-build mode, so probably.

That said,
>implying it'll get localized
>>
>>323850835

Nah. Not really into building games like that. I'm waiting for DQ XI. Should try the Monsters games in the meantime since I finished I-IX.
>>
File: 1452549774216.jpg (453KB, 891x882px) Image search: [Google]
1452549774216.jpg
453KB, 891x882px
My big problem with minecraft is that there's too much to do but no reason to do it.

This looks like it'll actually have reasons to do things, so yeah, if it gets localized.
>>
>>323850835
fuck localization

FUCK FUCK
>>
Someone please add this to the never ever list

pretty sure it wont be localized, just like DQM
>>
I might get into this, didn't care for minecraft because building shit aside from a house to live in was never an activity I indulged in. But it seems like there's a lot more game to it, and it's actually polished.
>>
>>323853767
Cantlin may actually be pretty cool looking.

Also I'm assuming there will be a quest to rebuild the destroyed town you find Erdrick's armor in. That'd be cool.
>>
Says something about character creation, hope it's more than just palette swaps, I also saw a different outfit on the MC while watching the gameplay video so your appearance changing with armour is happening. Seems like it'll be really fun.
>>
Hol up!

Dragon Quest 1 was Dragon Warrior, yes?
>>
>>323855308
Yes.
It's not a FF situation where they misnumber them. Quest --> Warrior is the only difference.
>>
File: 1.gif (121KB, 83x93px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
121KB, 83x93px
>>323855393
Thought so, thanks.
>>
File: 1448899629854.png (276KB, 424x412px) Image search: [Google]
1448899629854.png
276KB, 424x412px
>>323850835
>dragonquest minecraft clone
Why have I never heard of that
this is ridiculous
>>
>>323855957

Kinda surprising. Even I heard about it and I'm not exactly on top of things.
>>
>>323850835
No, and I suspect SE won't be localizing it anyway.
>>
>>323855957
>Why have I never heard of it
Japan only.
>>
File: lAIC7S6.jpg (943KB, 3744x5616px) Image search: [Google]
lAIC7S6.jpg
943KB, 3744x5616px
Any signs of online play?
>>
>six months later, and still no confirmation of XI's localization

What's their fucking problem with DQ and the west? Every other big game that's coming to the west were quickly confirmed after their announcement, if not during the announcement. They made a big deal about treasuring and listening to us when VII and VIII were confirmed coming to the west, then more silence.

Fuck these people, they make it hard to support them.
>>
>>323855224
That would actually be pretty cool.
That said
>vita tv not supported for vita version
How could they fuck this up, again? I mean, for fuck's sake if killzone can make a full PS3 controller support, I imagine DQ could, especially since there's a PS3 version anyways.
>>
>>323850835
Yes, if it gets localized.
>>
>>323858714
>listening to SE's lies.
They brought over 2 games and acted like they were these great heroes.
Meanwhile, there's a shit ton of other games we aren't getting and you can't even play DQSML without some shitty phillipines account or facebook. There's some I can vaguely understand, like DQM Wanted being screwed over by apple's faggotry OS updates, but almost everything else has no reason to be jap-only, save for the fact that they'll probably abandon the online-only games after a year.
>>
>>323858714
Square really doesn't like to advertise anything of theirs in the west other than Final Fantasy. If we really push hard for how we want these games they may listen seeing as how we are finally getting 7 on 3DS along with 8. If you want them, yell at SE for them.
>>
>>323850835
>Japanese minecraft
Dragon quest was always shit, but this? Its hitting new lows.
>>
>>323858714

They probably want to wait and see how VII and VIII 3DS do before deciding to localize DQ XI.
>>
>>323859242
I would have bought DQVIII but it's fucking censored

Fuck that
>>
File: NEVER EVER II.jpg (2MB, 1581x2281px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER II.jpg
2MB, 1581x2281px
>DQ galore

Best years are ahead of us senpai
>>
>recent DQ Builders vids aren't being region locked

here's hoping SOMETHING will happen, I'll be sure to buy VII and VIII 3DS
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>323859738

It's really not too terrible, but I can certainly understand your decision, I'm extremely anal about censorship myself. Speaking of censorship, I can't believe they altered pic related in the English version to be less revealing, but left Jessica and all her outfits alone. Censorship is never consistent and it drives me nuts.
>>
>>323859052
>implying yelling at SE does anything
They're only localizing 7 to shut people up and 8 because they already did all the hard work years ago.
SE doesn't listen to anyone for shit, save for the japs who make up 90% of their sales and that's only when a mass boycott happens, like DQ9-alpha. Then they go full retard anyways.

Just look at Adventures of Mana. Who the fuck is going to pay 20 bucks for an action-rpg game on their phone? People with android are going to pirate it, and the iOS crowd only buys meme shit that lets players shill like bird/clans games.
On top of that
>playing an ARPG with no buttons
Fuck that shit, SE also sucks with controller support as well, so have fun with that shit.
>trying to bring awareness of a lesser-known franchise to a market that doesn't care about it
I mean, goddamn, the Secret of Mana mobile port was the last Mana game to even hit the west, and I'm damn sure most people didn't play SoM for the first time ever on mobile and I'm sure a lot more probably knew about it ahead of time, instead of the "young fresh market" SE keeps trying to pander to in order to get more customers into their supposed "fans" and "supporting audience".
>"you're just mad that nobody wants to support the shitty vita"
Yes and no.
Yes:
The big perk about the vita version is that it has buttons. On top of that, if they can do iOS -and- android, then why not the vita? It's not like the vita version is radically different. Additionally, at least vita owners are likely to know what Mana is, unlike the average kid with an iPhone.
No:
It could be any platform with buttons in it, be it 3DS, any console, or PC. Not primarily supporting the actual medium that focuses on games is fucking stupid, regardless of who makes it. Granted, we'll probably get a shitty half-assed steam port 5 years from now, but by then, who's even going to buy it and what will SE get out of it in terms of considering sales?
Especially on PC.

Goddamn, fuck SE.
>>
>>323850835
>Are you guys going to get this game /v/?
No because it won't be localized.
>>
>>323860185
>left Jessica and all her outfits alone
Wrong.
Also, Twin Dragon Lash got nerfed.
>>
>>323860663

I'm talking about the PS2 version.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSCBdOFn8-c
>>
>>323860760
Oh, my bad.
And yeah, censorship is so retardedly inconsistent they may as well not even bother.
Monster monpiece being a good example. Half of the censored cards aren't anywhere near as lewd as some of the stuff that actually made it in game. Some of the cards actually left in-game are extremely lewd, and not of one particular body-type either.
IIRC, Tom of Xseed actually looked at everything and said roughly along the lines of "there's not one single image that would push the ESRB rating past an M rating". Doesn't help that IFI is made up of former NISA rejects.
>>
Is it on PS3?
If so, maybe.
>>
>Wow a full length Minecraft game but with Dragon Quest stuff? This would totally be up for a western release right?

>SE: Why would we want that? Japan onry wwwwww.
>>
>>323861418
PS4
>>
>>323850835
i will if it gets localized
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.