[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the cancer killing the industry? http://store.steam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Cancer.jpg (147KB, 1019x514px) Image search: [Google]
Cancer.jpg
147KB, 1019x514px
Is this the cancer killing the industry?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/419460/
>>
>>323708341
Why, anon?
>>
>>323708341

>Indie
>Narration

It's your own fault if you assume you're getting a game and not an "interactive story"
>>
they aren't common enough to be a major blight
>>
>muh dead son

Heard about this shit. He was like 2 years old you can just make a new one.
>>
>>323708341
I don't mind them, some people like these sort of games and use them as an escape. Different strokes, different folks.

If you don't like it don't play it, it's not for you mr hardcore gamer.
>>
>>323709012
have you looked at the steam store recently mate?

its pretty bad
>>
>>323708341
Steam only killed PC gaming, not the industry. Microsoft killed the western industry and Sony is following suit.
>>
Does the game actually have dragons, or just cancer?
>>
>>323709034
>muh edge
>>
>>323709034
This, sounds harsh but it's what we'd do a hundred years ago, we'd just have a bunch so that if a few died, no biggie.
>>
>>323708341
What, PC gaming? Yes, yes it is.
>>
>>323709207
>Steam only killed PC gaming

Did it, anon? Why do you think so?
>>
>>323708341
This is the most pretentious shit I've ever seen. I don't even know who has the cancer. Other than /v/ now.
>>
File: 1448212178524.jpg (38KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
1448212178524.jpg
38KB, 600x662px
Yet another interactive, story-driven non-game full of emotional drivel that makes you fall asleep. This game is a glorified visual novel with shit graphics, yet all the famous games "journalists" will come swarming out of the woodwork to claim that it's the new Citizen Kane of games. Nuke this shit planet.
>>
>>323710006
Don't talk shit about VNs.
>>
>indie

Do you really need to ask?
>>
>>323708341
>Is this the cancer killing the industry?

The industry isn't dead tho.
>>
O U Y A O W N E R S O N S U I C I D E W A T C H
>>
>>323710038
I'm not, at least visual novels don't pretend to be anything else. This game is just pretentious.
>>
Why didn't he just write a book? It would save time and would be a more appropriate medium to tell your story.
>>
>>323709950
>Why do you think so?
Because PC gaming is now just console gaming with added DRM and shitty ports. Steam brought console gaming to PC. That was its entire purpose. In doing so, PC games are a thing of the past. PC gets the occasional title that's not indie shit like UT4 and SC2, but that's about it.
>>
>>323710553
This, Pc gaming is dead, where is today's warcraft 3, doom, fallout, deus ex, baldurs gate? There isn't any. Pc gaming nowadays is just console gaming but with 'muh pixels'
>>
>>323708341
>2 hour game
>11 bleedn pounds sterling

props to them for being up front with the length, but its not like they need to buy more medicine
>>
Lifetime Channel Movie: The Video Game
>>
>Game comes out for Ouya after Ouya has discontinued

This is the saddest thing.
>>
>>323710742
>>323710553
I feel the same way. When people finally started seeing better graphics on shit like skyrim that were better on PC attracted all the fucking children, dude bros, and gamur grill crowd where they got their mommies to buy them alienware to join the "master race." The rest is history, and I don't really blame most of the consoletards fed up with the mustard race bullshit, though they never really experienced the golden age of PC gaming.

Now PC doesn't get any niche shit like it once did like flight and space sims, or mech games, or rts and strategy like it used to, and it definitely doesn't get any challenging or fun FPSes anymore. Hopefully UT4 will gain some popularity when it releases. I know a lot of these genres have been done to death, but I think there's still a market to cash in on and instead of trying to innovate everything, try to improve on the existing parts.

There might be a few decent indie titles released every so often, but the passion is long gone. I just wanted Freespace 3, Heavy Gear 3, and Mechwarrior 5. Hopefully Bonerlord gets released within the next 5 years.
>>
>>323711093
>their cancer kid lived longer than the ouya
>>
>>323712105
Some of my favourite games are PC only, but nowadays, it's just shit like 'gone home'

Like you said, there's no passion, it's all just a fucking cash in nowadays with shit like kickstarter and patreon.
>>
>>323708341
tbqh, I really liked it.
>>
>>323708341
http://sheekyforums.com/thread/323708341/video-games/is-this-the-cancer-killing-the-industry.html
>>
I don't see any weebshit, so no.
>>
>Videogame about cancer
>on the Ouya

10/10, devs.
>>
>>323708341
>inb4 TB does a wtf is
>>
File: I_See_What_You_Did_There.png (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
I_See_What_You_Did_There.png
37KB, 500x500px
>>323715772
>>
I feel awful for the guy and everything, I can't even BEGIN to imagine his pain...

But steam should be for games, this isn't a game, it isn't even a telltale style game, it's just "Listen to me talk".
>>
>>323716593
And it's only 2 hours.
>>
>>323708341
No. It doesn't interest me at all but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. I wouldn't consider it a game but interactive entertainment doesn't have to be all games.
>>
>2 hours

kek

making sure to add a bunch of text so nobody can refund it after theyre done
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.