[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>could not connect to Battlelog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 2308712-8653671235-41034.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2308712-8653671235-41034.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>could not connect to Battlelog
>>
>To play this you will need the multiplayer operations expansion pack

It costs $60
>>
File: 1392688674883.jpg (40KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1392688674883.jpg
40KB, 342x298px
Biggest regret purchase of 2015, and I only paid 20 dollars for the premium all-shit included version.

Game is the defintion of a clusterfuck. Nobody plays any kind of structured game mode in my region either - Rush is totally dead which leaves Conquest only.

Of course, conquest in the game devolves into control point what-a-mole and Tank whoring.

How is it possible to go from Bad Company 2 - a game almost as fun and varied as the best of the classic era Battlefields - 2142 and BF2 to this fucking mess? DiCE seems to not understand what made BC2, 2142 and BF2 so fun.
>>
>a highly modified tactical knife used by the SEALS to steal their enemy's dog tags
>>
File: 91hbGWz+lIL._SL1500_.jpg (411KB, 1065x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91hbGWz+lIL._SL1500_.jpg
411KB, 1065x1500px
Literally the worst single player campaign I have ever played.

You know those joke shovelware FPS games that get shat out every so often? BF4's campaign was on that level.

Like it's genuinely baffling that real living people produced it.
>>
>>323658865

>Playing BF for single players.

They shouldnt have even bothered, it was completely tacked on, because you can't sell a multiplayer only shooter for $60 in this day and age
>>
>>323658998

There's a difference between it being tacked on and what BF4 presented.

BC2's campaign was tacked on, CoD campaigns are tacked.

This was genuinely the worst FPS experience I've ever played. What's worse is that you HAVE to play it and get gold rankings to get multiplayer unlocks. You can't even ignore this shit.
>>
File: 1443626527465.jpg (32KB, 367x523px) Image search: [Google]
1443626527465.jpg
32KB, 367x523px
>>323658203
Oh boy, if you've got buyer's remorse from that, then you should know how I feel for buying it for £31 on launch and only playing it like 10 hours.

>decide to give it another shot last week after all the netcode improvements
>only have base game so 60Hz server selection is limited
>out of the limited selection i find one that seems to be free of dumbass rules
>it's that operation locker map with fucking mindless fuck-corridors everywhere (24/7)
>ADMIN: YOU ARE INFECTED
>FIND THE ANTIDOTE
>i-i don't know what this means
>i just want to play video games
>kicked: still infected
>>
>>323659145
Youre dumb and its the games fault?
>>
Is it fucked? I bought it around xmas and put 51 hours into it with no issues.
>>
>tfw some russian fuck hacked my account
>>
>>323659095
BC2's campaign was not tacked on

Both bad company games very clearly had alot of effort put into them.
>>
>>323659246
I was dumb for buying the game, yes. I don't specifically filter for normal ranked servers to have unadvertised subhuman RP bullshit seep in. It's a plague.
>>
>>323659613
I actually agree on this, though I'm a bit annoyed that Haggard acts like a cunt in 2
>>
i tried playing it again just yesterday and the game would crash whenever I tried to join a game. I saw swtor on there and decided to give that a shot only to find that origin downloads an outdated launcher that doesn't work. origin, y u so ass?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
>free on PSPlus
>downloaded cause why not
>No servers
>terrible netcode
>Could not connect to any game mode
T-thanks sony...
>>
File: Medal_of_Honor_2010_Box_art.jpg (17KB, 308x324px) Image search: [Google]
Medal_of_Honor_2010_Box_art.jpg
17KB, 308x324px
>>323660445
I still don't know how that pitiful excuse for franchise reboot got a sequel in the first place, that being Warfighter.
>>
I genuinely love this series, started with bad company 2 and even up till hardline i think the series has been great. Not the best story, but the multiplayer is so much fun.
>>
>dat feel when you'll never again experience MP on that scale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg0Tmydj29M

Planetside 2 is shit.
>>
Anyone's game crashing all the time now? I can't even get to the options menu without crashing to desktop.
>>
>Playing Operation Whiteout on Tactical Gamer
>My Squad is assigned to Snow Mobile Patrols around the one base with Tents and the one in the cliffs
>Get into Snow Mobile Chases three times
>Fight off a Hover Tank and a Little Bird

Fun was had. I enjoy video games.
>>
>>323660689
They needed an FPS to stagger with Battlefield without the latter going full annual.

When that didn't work, EA said fuck it and forced Visceral to make Hardline.

Now we're going to get another Battlefield this year, rumored to be 2143 because CoD is going futuristic and EA doesn't want to miss the train.
>>
>>323661227
>Visceral makes cool cops and robbers game based on Frostbite
>EA freaks and says give it a Battlefield look to sell copies
>Call it Battlefield: Hardline
>Doesn't sell because it has a name that it isn't

EA truly are the retards of our generation
>>
>>323661227
I can picture it's gonna be a reskinned Battlefront
>>
>>323661587
I actually think we are going to see alot of things that weren't in Battlefront that make sense IE they were cut to make Battlefield 2143 seem different.
>>
>get killed by enemy
>team mate avenges me
>he's a medic
>pauses for a second by my dead body
>just ends up walking away
>>
>>323658203
Dice have explicitly stated that the reason they haven't made BFBC3 is that they don't know what aspects of BFBC2 made it so popular and hence can't replicate that. Unless they had some Stalinist purge of their Bad Company production staff I really don't understand how that's possible though.
>>
>>323661639
That would make sense. Though I have no hopes with Frostbite 3, I'm starting to really get tired by this JJ look every game has had since BF3
>>
Who /BadCompany2/ here?
>>
>>323661676
You do know that is a common thing right?
>Before a big game release (6 Months)
>Hire a shit load of monkeys to make your game
>Fire them all right after the launch so you don't have to pay them

That is actually probably what happened m8.

>>323661731
I didn't have a problem with 4's look other than Lens Flare and Hardline looked and ran great, same with Battlefront, it was everything else that was garbage about those two games.
>>
>>323661676
Souns like a sensible explanation, though maybe the answer is that they can't replicate the same love and attention to detail BC1 and BC2 had. I don't have the video, but I remember how one guy of the sound design team said the grenade launcher sound of the Vietnam expansion was the sound of a keyboard hitting the desk
>>
Is it bad if I enjoyed the game? Brought it after sony locked me out of my account, I like BF3 better, and am not old enought to have seen BF2/2142/Vietnam at the height of their glory.
>>
>>323661394
EA is simply run by idiots who have no idea what they're doing and corporate momentum prevents them from charging course in any significant way.
>>
>>323662554
I enjoy BF4. I also enjoyed Battlefield 2 before the servers went bye bye and still enjoy 2142. People who outright hate it always spew memes proving they haven't ever touched it anyway. Its okay to not like things, but at least tell the truth about why you don't like it.
>>
>>323662554
FPS can be enjoyable when they function properly, at least I feel that way, I always have an easy time getting into these type of games even if I don't buy them
>>
>>323661983
Yeah, but those code monkeys are exactly that - code monkeys. They just do what they're told and have nothing to do with designers and decision makers who are far fewer and more important. Days of those people double-timing it as one of the actual workforce people are long gone.
>>
>>323661893
Close quarter recon best playstyle
The amounts of buttmad you produce could power small nations
>>
>>323658203
>DiCE seems to not understand what made BC2, 2142 and BF2 so fun.

Team changes, especially since they got acquired by EA.
>>
>>323662902
Remember back when they planned mod support for BF3?
>>
good game but no way in hell I am spending such an amount of money on "DLC", i fucking despise the dlc mania we're experiencing
>>
All this talk about shooters made me remember when Homefrunt came out and everyone thought it was some sort of CoD killer,Homefront was pretty fun, right?
>>
2143 Soon
>>
>>323661676
>Dice have explicitly stated that the reason they haven't made BFBC3 is that they don't know what aspects of BFBC2 made it so popular and hence can't replicate that

That's gotta be some straight up bullshit.
I started playing Battlefield games with BC2 on 360 (i'd played 1942 at an internet cafe but never had a good pc myself til recently) the game came at the apex of cowwadooty hype and offered an alternative to MW2. If i remember right it had an open beta to draw players in. Loved it the second i played it.
The campaign was very average but the open parts were fairly fun. The sound in that game was absolutely amazing and for the most part the maps were pretty good/balanced for the player count and chokepoints were at a minimum. +the Vietnam DLC which was fuckin awesome.

BF3 came out and had less building destruction. Tighter, shittier maps with higher player count like metro, damavand peak and grand bazaar. The reintroduction of jets and conquest as the main gametype divided up the community. The single player was hyped and it was shit. And of course it had a fuckton of dlc and release issues.

I just recently bought bf4 premium on the cheap and avoiding the shittiest maps (metro and locker) I've been enjoying it. feels like a more polished BF3 and most of the maps seem to be multilayered so that theres lots of movement options and cover from air units
>>
>>323663463
When I was in High School I never followed hype culture but this one friend in 8th Grade did. Holy fuck was he hyped for it. I just kept going, seems like Red Dawn, what is so special about it? Then it came out and he was so furious he returned it the day he got it. Keep in mind this kid was poor as shit and his dad was the one buying these games so this kids dad was fucking furious at the Gamestop that they would even sell that shit.
>>
>tfw no battlefield 1944

2016's battlefield is going to be bleeding edge modern tech/upcoming to make a link between the last bf4 dlc and 2142
>>
>>323664426

>All those eastereggs in Battlefield 3 for Battlefield 2143.
>Make a cop and robbers outsourced game instead.
>Mfw,
>>
>>323657985
>Nobody plays any kind of structured game mode in my region either - Rush is totally dead which leaves Conquest only.

Ever think there's a reason for that? Rush is a shit game mode in BF4
Conquest is very straight forward; shoot man and capture point. If your squad isn't doing that your loss; I frequently get 4 other people in my squad who are actively working together when the squad leader is actually giving commands and dominating the enemy team.
>>
>>323663076
No, I remember DICE avoiding the questions about mod support and Battlerecorder.
>>
>>323665187
Hardline was made by a different group though. It would be like expecting BLOPS 4 from Infinity Ward or STALKER from Blizzard. It doesn't make much sense m8
>>
>>323663976
>That's gotta be some straight up bullshit.

Karl-Magnus Troedsson, who is (or was at the time) the head of DICE, is quoted in a bunch of online articles as having said it. Googling the subject brings them up straight away
>>
>>323665623
Man fuck Karl and fuck Patrick Bach. They fucking disappear from the public eye after BF4 flops and shoves their broken mess into DICE LA's hands.

When Patrick Bach came on stage at SW Celebration to announce Battlefront, that was the first time he's made a large public appearance since BF4. And now they're both back into hiding.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.