[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Andre of Astoria is in the next fucking room over >Doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 82

File: Titanite_Demon_Render.png (214KB, 550x626px) Image search: [Google]
Titanite_Demon_Render.png
214KB, 550x626px
>Andre of Astoria is in the next fucking room over
>Doesn't tell the Chosen Undead or reference the Titanite Demon in the next room
>>
>>323578454
He probably figures it's not a big deal, since Andre himself can punch the fucker to death in seconds.

I think I'll make a webm of that now
>>
>>323578454

He doesn't attack you that doesn't mean he likes you
>>
>>323578454
He's a blacksmith, not the fucking local tour guide. That enemy is small potatos anyway, do you expect him to mention the undead soldiers outside the Parish as well?
>>
Titanium demons are like ants to andrei, would you warn someone about an ant¿
>>
>>323578454
In the context of the Souls universe, its not really something worth mentioning.

I mean, "there's an aggressive monster in the next room over" isn't news.
>>
>we will never fight an entire titanite demon
>>
>>323578649
How do you think the demon lost its head and leg?
>>
So what are titanite demons? In lore terms I mean? Is it ever explained?
>>
>>323579083

Well hollows are mostly pathetic and dimwitted and the old church seems pretty protective.

It's just that there is this huge ass demon with ranged lightning just sitter there right in the next room. Maybe he just don't give a shit because they merely sit and wait for things to walk by?
>>
>>323579754
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=titanite+demons
>When the nameless blacksmith deity passed, from several Slabs, great beasts arose. The power of titanite remains within them, and they still roam Lordran today.
>>
>>323579754

Special titanite stolen from a faceless
stone beast known as a Titanite Demon.

When the nameless blacksmith deity passed,
from several Slabs, great beasts arose.
The power of titanite remains within them,
and they still roam Lordran today.
>>
What does Andre eat?
>>
>>323579987
Nobody eats
>>
>>323578454
His pole carried me through the game
>>
>>323579987
Iron

That pike of weapons on the racks is his larder

He sells you the leftovers.

>Real Answer

He's undead, like everyone else in Lordran whose not a Demon or something.
>>
>>323579760
>It's just that there is this huge ass demon with ranged lightning just sitter there right in the next room

There's huge ass demons in almost every room.
>>
>>323579987

Undead don't need to eat, it's implied because of all the odd locations npcs hang out.

You think the blacksmith in new londo has a supply of food in that tiny prison?
>>
>>323580108

Sigmiyers Daughter isn't undead and Petris is implied to be a normal human as well.
>>
Technically the titanite demon is guarding the entrance to darkroot garden, he warns you about it being dangerous. Obviously other people go there so they just run past the thing.
>>
>>323580514
>Sigmiyers Daughter isn't undead and Petris is implied to be a normal human as well.

Well sure, but they're not residents of Lordran.
>>
>>323580657

>the Forest hunters
>Recruiting a demon

More likely Andre had a titanite slab that turned into one after the Blacksmith deity died.

There is no telling how long Andre has been in the old church, he might have started using it before Anor Londo was abandoned.
>>
Just for some personal clarification:

Alive > Undead > Hollowed

Is the order in which people turn in Lordran?

Or are most NPCs humans, Undead are literal zombie enemies, and hollow-fication is simply the transition of Human into Madness?

Because i remember pyromancer bro becoming hollowed and I had to put him down, but i wouldn't think he was undead before hollowing.

So i'm assuming when you hollow you completely lose your mind and it has nothing to do with actually dying?

Or are there friendly undeads i just cant remember? Maybe the shop keep?
>>
>>323578649
It died so fast I didn't even get to drop kick it
Fun fact: Andre has 100 poise
>>
So do undead have all of their senses? Obviously vision and hearing aren't affected. But can they smell and taste, and is their sense of touch dulled?
>>
I wish they snuck one in with both legs, that shit would have been terrifying.
>>
>>323581215
what a badass
>>
>>323581117
Everyone is undead in Lordran except for visitors like Petrus and Seiglinde.

Hollowing is when you lose your hope and will and thus your sanity.

A symptom of the hollowing transition is constant giggling.
>>
>>323581291
or just mirrored. opposite leg missing, holds weapon in other hand. Would have been doubly cool if each one was different in terms of weapons and missing appendages. Since they were born from the slabs after the death of the deity, perhaps some cool lore like each demon emerges with a certain weapon based on the smith's works. Would make them moreso mini-bosses and the player wouldn't know how many there were in the world, when they would encounter them or what they would be up against.
>>
File: 1451856940559.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1451856940559.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
>>323578649
>>323581215
>he actually did it
The absolute madman!
>>
>>323581215
This is gold. Now i want to play all the game as Andre.
>>
>>323581117
90% of the npcs you encounter are undead. Undead in dark souls is kind of different from the original idea of undead.

All that is known is you get branded with the Dark Sign and it spreads through some means.

Whether or not you need to initially die and be resurrected as an undead is unknown, but DaS II opens up with you simply being branded so you might not actually have to die.

Once branded as an undead, you can not suffer a permanent death and are tied to the bonfires, an extension of the first flame. It's implied you feel no hunger or have need for most of things that the living need, but you'll need things like an estus flask to heal yourself.

Hollowing is essentially losing your will and sanity and overall your souls and humanity. You start looking like a literal corpse. You crave nothing but souls and prey on others for them. Once fully hollowed it seems you can die, though people vising bonfires beings them back. This is either a result of time being convoluted or some other property, normal undead fade when they die, being teleported to a bonfire.

The Pyromancer was undead when you met him, he says his life was shit and then he became undead and it somehow got better.

He hollows because you sent him down into blightown to find a woman who most can not see. He lost his will to find her and thus hallowed.
>>
>>323579987
>What does Andre eat?

Souls.
>>
>>323582296
He also only has 1065 HP, about 3 i-frames, and no range
And permanently dies, and as a NPC doesn't trigger level transitions so you have to teleport him
It'd be kind of nightmarish

But then he's also the only NPC that can combo attack by default, holding down buttons makes him spam attacks, other enemies play their long recovery time animations when controlled by debug .exe
So the devs probably had some fun messing around with his moveset
>>
>>323581746
I'm just horrified by the acrobatic potentiality of a 2 legged Titanite demon.
>>
Since you guys seem quite knowledgeable about ds lore, who or what is flann?
>>
>>323584439

Flame god who left Anor Londo and married Gwenevere. Nothing else is known.
>>
File: 1328381982948.png (9KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1328381982948.png
9KB, 250x242px
>Andre needs titanite to forge
>there's a titanite demon next door missing its head and leg

fuck, I just now realised this. this game just keeps on giving
>>
>>323584893
How is it then that in a world obsessed by fire, the fucking god of flames is completely disregarded?
>>
>>323580514
>Petris is implied to be a normal human as well
He uses Estus flasks to heal if you fight him. Pretty much confirms he's undead.
>>
>>323584439
God of burning things. Got to stick his dick between Gwynevere's soft titties and ran off with her when shit went down.
>>
>>323585161
Only issue here is that they all are missing the same things. Perhaps just asset reuse for convenience. But that would be a pretty sick connection you've made. Removing arms and legs, seeing if they somehow regrow.
>>
>>323585161
all titanite demons all over lordran are like that
>>
>>323585340

Because he likely isn't the god of all fire or something, just another aspect of it.
>>
>>323585553

They're also not "Gods", but "Lords". They are just creatures like anything else that took Lord Souls and became powerful.
>>
Someone should find a way to debug playing as Quelana and see how she does or Ornstein or Artorias.
>>
>>323581215
Wait, FS actually made this? Why?
>>
>>323585747

This is where it gets confusing, there were only 4 lord souls and yet other dieites are mentioned, mainly Velka.

The lords also don't call themselves gods that often, while Velka and Flann are refereed to as gods.

They might just be something different
>>
>>323585161
I always assumed that when the Blacksmith Deity passed, he never finished what he was creating and thus left all these half finished creations lying all over the place.

What I find really interesting is that they are Demons, so does that mean the Titanite Slabs they were born from were fused with part of the Witch's Soul? The only one that does respawn is in Izalith too.
>>
File: 1425582891569.jpg (392KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1425582891569.jpg
392KB, 2560x1440px
>>323585951
What do you mean? God Hand Andre or the means to control NPCs?

Andre was originally Gwyn's son, and was originally the way you got into the Catacombs. He pushed that big ass statue in front of Frampt's hole away, that was the planned path.
>>
>>323586057

Gwyn and others gave others shards of his lord soul. And his kids likely have a shard of his soul by default.

The knights he employs seem to be Lord-race too, just less powerful. They're not humans he recruited.

I really want Velka, Flann, Gwenevere and others to play a role in III. I'd hate to see these Gods just vanish from the story.
>>
>>323586057
What does it mean to be a God then, and why would a god give up divinity for a lowly creature such as gwynevere?
>>
File: 1425579327035.jpg (433KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1425579327035.jpg
433KB, 2560x1440px
>>323586568
>>
>>323586659
Who is this fellow?
>>
File: 1425578934831.jpg (751KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1425578934831.jpg
751KB, 2560x1440px
>>323586716
Just some hollow.
>>
>>323586575
It seems they're going with the reincarnation/recycling thing from DaS2, seeing as how the Ivory Crown was seen.

Can't wait to see what Nito has constructed himself with this time, first we had Skeletons, then rotting bodies, hope we just get him as a Blood Golem next, made of blood, by the blood, for the blood, bloodborne, blood.
>>
>>323578454

Andre's dialogue was recorded for an earlier version of the game.
>>
>>323578454
Andre probably expected you to fucking see it with your own eyes and decide to stay away.

It's not like it's dangerous unless you purposefully approach it, you can see it coming from a mile away.
>>
>>323585340
He probably isn't relevant to the flame like we know it in lordran.
>>
>>323586593
>Gods
Powerful enough being to grant power to thoses following them (Nito, Gwyn, Velka). Think mythological gods like Zeus and his crew who had to fight the Titans before ruling over greece. amongst them, four somehow got really powerful souls.

>Demigods
Ornstein, Artorias, Smough, maybe born from breeding between gods and humans, maybe just being gifted with lesser souls.

>Humans
Originally hollows until the flame appeared, the furtive Pigmy separated his dark soul in million of piece and gave it to them, which is nowadays called Humanity.

>Demons
Product of the Witch's fuckery with recreating the first flame
>>
>>323586593
Divinity isn't even necessarily a good word for it. I think humans and undead treated the Lord's as gods, but they're really just another race of living beings larger, more powerful, extended if not indefinite lifespan.
>>
>>323586851
>Implying he isn't the gigantic skull in the trailer
>>
For all we know there are no real gods in DaS1's setting, and everyone that claims to be is a hollow granted size and power through lord souls.
>>
Manus is implied to have the dark soul, humanity, correct? Which would imply he's the Furtive Pygmy. But humanity is the dark soul, and humans each have a piece of it, correct? So is Manus the Furtive Pygmy? And if so, how is he so powerful despite splitting his lord soul so much.
>>
>>323587232
Now that you bring up Gods/Titans distinction from Greek Mythology, I'm curious if Dark Souls will ever introduce something of that level, especially with the reception of Great Ones from Bloodborne.
>>
File: Hollows in the intro.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hollows in the intro.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>323587232
>Originally hollows

The Lords were also Hollows too. All human like life starts as Hollows. The text says that "they" came, and it shows these hollows, then says they found powerful Lord Souls in the flame, then it goes through the Lords.

>Demigods

Also Lord Race. Just less powerful.
>>
>>323587517
You mean, the immortal dragons ?
>>
>>323587510

Furtive Pygmy was a hollow who found the Dark Soul, and his descendants were the entire Human race.

No clue how Manus fits into that at all. No clue who the guy is. He could just be a manifestation of concetrated Dark. Or maybe the remnants of the Furtive Pygmy. Who knows.
>>
>>323587718
Not entirely that no. I mean more like beyond the dragons, where did they come from, did they just spawn on the planet one day, or are their grander Gods/Titans out there that created this world?

That's what I'm getting at, similar to Great Ones, but not ya know Lovecraftian.
>>
>>323587556
This is important to remember and evident with gwyn who has certainly holowed.
>>
>>323587962
I think Gwyn hollowed after burning in the Kiln for a thousand year.
>>
>>323587510
There are two main theories.

One is that Manus is the Furtive Pygmy and that as the Flame weakened his power grew.

The other theory is that Manus was a Hollow similar to the Lords, only as they ate Lord Souls, Manus began consuming the Dark Souls/Humanity that was lying around granting him increased strength as time went on and the Flame began to fade making the Dark Soul stronger.
>>
>>323588313
Why would the Lords eat Lord Soul ? Eating soul is specific to hollows as far as we can tell.
>>
File: Doll.jpg (77KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Doll.jpg
77KB, 1024x576px
Does anyone else believe all the Souls games take place in the same universe or is it just me?

Demon Souls would be first, after The Old One is put to sleep magic disappears from the world, leading to advances in technology seen in Bloodborne.

After the events of Bloodborne, people keep trying to summon more Great Ones and wake up The Old One. Nobody can stop it and it takes over the world, covering it in fog.

We know that the world of Dark Souls is held up by a world tree, since The Old One appears to be made up out of trees, I always assumed The Old One became the literal foundation for the new world.

Humans are forced deep underground where they devolve into Hollows before finding the Lord Souls, which could maybe be the fragments of the Maiden in Black's soul.

Does any of this make sense to anyone else?
>>
>>323588449
The Lords are Hollows. Basically all the Lords you see in the game are Hollows, they consumed a Lord Soul from the Flame as opposed to be consuming Humanity like the PC and Manus do.

It's why Gwyn becomes a Hollow after so long, he's lost his purpose burning the Kiln for a thousand years.

Basically the Furtive Pygmy was first and from him spawned Hollows, those Hollows found Lord Souls within the Flame and became what we know as Gwyn, Nito, Witch of Izalith, etc. and from them spawned more things, and as Hollows/Humanity increased, Manus was born by consuming the Humanity as opposed to a Lord Soul (which had all already been consumed). As the flame began dying, the Dark Soul became stronger, and Manus became powerful through his consumption of other Hollows and their Humanity/Dark Souls.

The Light/Lord Souls that the Lords consumed counteracted their Dark Soul remnant that were received from their very brief time as Hollows before a Lord Soul.
>>
>>323581215
wat

how

wat

how u do dis
>>
>>323588725
That'll blow everyone's mind.
>>
>>323588868

To Hollow you need to have the Dark Sign. The Dark Signs robs you of your Dark Soul, reverting you to a Hollow that can't die.

We don't know if Lords can Hollow. Once they die, they die.
>>
>>323588892
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, have other people already came up with this theory?
>>
>>323588725
It's definitely possible. Though the absence of Beasts and the Oedon's Blood and the Kos Parasites present a problem, as does the fact that the tree in Bloodborne and the Dark Souls Giants/Tree causing some slight issues.
>>
>>323588725
THE FLOW OF TIME IS

CONVOLUTED
>>
>>323589027
Gwyn was hollow.

That's about the only one. Seath went insane on his own.
>>
>>323589027
And Dark Souls 2 has shown us that the more powerful Souls you consume, the larger you grow and that all the Lords also recycle and are reborn as well, similar to how a Hollow always comes back. We also see Gwyn Hollow out as well.

I know the typical DaS2 isn't canon is coming, but it's clearly canon as evident by the DaS3 trailer with the Ivory King.
>>
>>323587747

There was probably a huge time period between the birth of life through the first flame and the discovery of the lord souls.

When Gwyn and Izalith find the first flame, Gwyn has all his knights and Izalith had been established. It's said the Witch and her daughters once practiced a now dead magic that was replaced with Pyromancey. This means the city of Izailith must have been established long before they found the souls within the first flame.

It would also establish a sort of Waring relationship with dragons.
>>
>>323589270
Lords reincarnate themselves into different beings, undeads come back through bonfires.

Hollows don't come back. This is the whole point, once you turn hollow it's over, you're by definition insane and killing you once is enough.
>>
>>323581585
Petrus isn't undead?
>>
>>323589539
Not sure why he said that, I suppose it's not explicitly stated that he is undead but Rhea certainly implies it because that's the reason why they are there, and the other two dudes flat out turn hollow.
>>
Alright anons.

Dark Lord or Lord of Cinder ?
>>
>>323588725
Just wait til you understand how King's Field, and the real Seath, play into the Soul's universe. It's mostly King's Field/Demon's Souls connections, though.
>>
>>323589027

Hallowing seems to be a state where you lose your soul

In humans it seems to mainly be their humanity, souls ease their pain as undead but Humanity really helps reverse the hollowing. This is likely because Humans are naturally dark creatures and ironically their humanity matters more than the souls.

But in lords, if one were to lose his soul, he would likely appear as a hollow as well.

The guy is calling the "they" hollows because in the cinematic, skeletal and frail humanoids walk towards the flame, seemingly emerging from the ground.

A similar thing is seen in the catacoms with skeleton babies being birthed through primordial cavern stone.
>>
>>323589787
lord of flame
i've already gone through all the trouble of beating the shit out of the frail old man that is making everything awful, I might as well take it in my own hands to make things right
>>
>>323589913
Gwyn turned hollow and dropped his soul upon death.

Before that, hollows give souls when you kill them.
>>
>>323588725
I think with enough stretching you could make it work, but I'd much rather not think about it like that. The worlds are more interesting on their own, if it's all one story the individual worlds feel less important to me.
>>
>>323590024

human hollows are collecting souls, they rarely have humanity. Once you're hollow you can't go back so their arbitrary hunger for souls does nothing.

Gwyn might have had his soul, but it was more or less burnt out.
>>
>>323589963
You're not going to make anything right. You're going to burn for around a thousand years until complete combustion happens or someone comes and manage to kill you.

Also Gwyn did nothing wrong. No matter if his son is Solaire or Andre, at the end of the day they're both bros to you, and Gwyn was the one that sacrified everything to make sure everyone could live happily a bit more.
>>
File: 1450998249308.jpg (35KB, 267x274px) Image search: [Google]
1450998249308.jpg
35KB, 267x274px
>>323581215
Pyromancy<Sorceries<Dex<Miracles<Strength<ANDRE
>>
So did we ever determine if the Ornstein in DaS1 or 2 was the real one?

If the one in DaS2 is just a reincarnation, does that mean Smough, Ciarin, and Artorias are out there too? Does that mean they'll repeat what happens before with Artorias falling to the dark?

If it is the real Ornstein in 2, then I wonder how he feels knowing how bad everything has gotten fucked beyond belief.

If he's just a doppleganger, does that make him my DaS1 PC still alive, if so, then who the fucks ashes do I find all over the damn place?
>>
>>323589187
Well Seath isn't human, so it makes sense he would be incapable of hollowing.
>>
Briefly reading over some of the responses here, there seems to be a slight back and forth on whether Gywn was a hallow by the time we meet him.

Given everyone's start as a hallow, and being reborn into their status/named characters through consumption of the lord souls they each individually consumed, Gwyn was the Lord of Cinders. The story had it that he kepts breaking off pieces of his own soul to keep the bonfires lit. Like all characters (including the PC) as you lose your soul you eventually become hollowed.

Its not said outright but it could be the case that at the Last Kiln, where you fight Gwyn, either he had given his remaining soul to light that flame, or enough so that given time his last remaining essence of soul bled out over time (as it seems to be a theme that with time characters hollow out).

So I'm more than sure he's hollowed when we meet him and thus he attacks us (since we have souls and he's craving them). I forget though, does he talk at all during the battle? Might be a distinction.

Then again, he drops his soul on death and you loot it. Assuming this is more than just for the video game sake (giving players something to build as a reward in NG+), he must have used a majority of his soul for the last flame and sat there guarding it and feeding it.
>>
>>323588870
google dark souls debug .exe

find it somewhere
the real thing is 17,218 KB
the rest is experimentation

note you can't play it with 60 fps though unlocked 30 is fine
>>
>>323590473
Can you play as a boss?
>>
>>323590415
Seath definitely hollowed. His legs and scales hollowed before he was born.
>>
File: Gwyn, Lord of Spinder.webm (3MB, 840x472px) Image search: [Google]
Gwyn, Lord of Spinder.webm
3MB, 840x472px
>>323590869
anything, anon
even bonfires, though you cant do diddly with them

you have to activate bosses by entering the arena though, and there are limits to how far you can teleport enemies
>>
>>323591023

He was just born a freak, a blind albino dragon with no scales.

The crystals on his lower body are an attempt at creating artificial scales.
>>
>>323591023
I don't think that's hollowing. He was probably just born horribly deformed, and subsequently was pissed off that he was a wreck of a dragon and so he betrayed his own kind to try and fix his problems by experimenting on their corpses and what not.
>>
>>323591151
I'm just gonna post shit

Also before you get any funny ideas, no, bosses and enemies are client-side only, they'll only see a teleporting freak undead

The debug exe is also locked to its own server now, so you can only play with the 3 or so people that might be playing it, if at all
>>
>>323591320
I know Anon, it was a joke.
>>
>>323591448
>>
>>323591151
>Not "It's treason then.webm"
>>
>>323591572
>>
>>323591734
>>
>>323590470
Gwyn was still burning in the kiln when we fight him, he'd just burnt so much that there was barely any fuel left for the fire. That's why we get his soul after killing him; he hasn't fully burnt away yet.

It's probably for video games sake that his soul is worth the most.
>>
Titanite demons were made in the image of manus. Think about, same pose and appendages and shit. What that means about manus and the original blacksmith however i don't know.
>>
File: Manus.png (835KB, 1134x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Manus.png
835KB, 1134x1059px
>>323592415
Manus's head is literally in a C shape, the Titanite Demons merely have it on their back.
>>
>>323583938
Just land a fucking dropkick you shitlord
>>
>>323592415
>>323592698
Manus is kinda like "manos" which means "hands" in Spanish.
Andre has 2 (two) "hands".
COINCIDENCE??!? I THINK NOT!!!
>>
>>323581215
>tfw Andre just lets that nigga chill
>you go and kill it
>>
>>323590473
I've done this for months and I haven't found jack shit
Just upload it, you faggot
>>
>Titanite Demon
>Drops Demon Titanite

What does it mean
>>
>>323593464
What is this post trying to convey?
>>
>>323593464
Should be called Demon Titanite Demon instead.
>>
>>323593440
First fucking result from google
>>
>>323593131
>Manus
>Anus

What does the M mean?
>>
>>323594193
First result is a reddit post linking to a different subreddit with hundreds of posts
Upload the file or hang yourself
>>
>>323594395
Miyazaki.
>>
>>323594193
Why did he cut his hand near the end? I don't usually kill NPCs so is my first time seeing that animation
>>
>>323594469
I guess you should stop going to reddit so much it shows up first in results, eh?

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/837/
>>
>>323594395
M'anus

*tips buttplug*
>>
>>323594469
Calm down, anon. I think this is it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/837/?
>>
>>323594672
I don't think it's cutting his hand, it's cleaning his beloved Yulia.
Probably a cut animation for after killing the player. Somehow. Dude's the weakest NPC.
>>
File: 1368340965570.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1368340965570.gif
2MB, 500x222px
>>323594885
>>323594794
>grey screen.exe
>>
File: 1374902773722.png (164KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1374902773722.png
164KB, 500x446px
>>323581215
>anon delivers
nice
>>
>>323595090
Did you read the readme, or the posts beforehand telling you to disable 60 FPS?

Yes, that grey image with the text is really how the startup screen looks with debug mode.
>>
>>323595321
None of the buttons work
I don't use any fps unlocks, as the game won't start with them
>>
>>323595512
>as the game won't start with them
That usually means that you forgot to disable the built-in AA.
>>
Who or what is Yulia?
>>
>>323595881
His uchigatana
>>
>>323595669
I've gone through all that shit, senpai, it doesn't work
Not that I care, it's still playable on 30fps
>>
>>323590402

Doubt it's the real one. Be it an impostor who learned of the great dragon slayer from ages past and attempted to recreate him or some sorta summoned phantom, it's doubtful that he would have survived the PC in 1 no matter what.
>>
>>323581215

Great, now I want a Godhand-style game set in the Dark Souls-verse.
>>
>>323590269
He only did it so the Lords can keep ruling humans, they don't care about humans they only see them as servants to worship them.
>>
>>323598767
Apart from Lautrec who killed for his goddess (and it didn't do him much good), there's no indication that the gods are unfair to humans.
>>
>>323594395
Manus means hand in latin
>>
>>323599235
>Apart from Lautrec who killed for his goddess (and it didn't do him much good), there's no indication that the gods are unfair to humans.

"Lord Gwyn trembled at the Dark.
Clinging to his Age of Fire, and in dire fear of humans,
and the Dark Lord who would one day be born amongst them,
Lord Gwyn resisted the course of nature.
By sacrificing himself to link the fire, and commanding his children to shepherd the humans,
Gwyn has blurred your past, to prevent the birth of the Dark Lord."
>>
>>323600820
That doesnt mean they were malicious to humans. That and the history of Anor Lando shows that humans and gods lived together in about as much harmony as you could expect with a population like that. The gods guided the humans, in spite of knowing that humanity would lead to their demise to a world where only humans would rule.
>>
>>323600820
That doesn't indicate that Gwyn mistreated humans. It shows that he rightly feared a Dark Lord who would turn everyone into headcrab monsters.
>>
>>323598437
MAH NIGGA!
>>
>snitch on the titanite demon to some random stranger that comes across
>random stranger will probably fucking die and go hollow
>your roomate no knows you snitched on him and fucking hates you and is looking for ways to thunder your ass throu the little door al day making clanking noises

yeah sure
>>
>>323601051
>>323601131
>That doesnt mean they were malicious to humans
>That doesn't indicate that Gwyn mistreated humans

"Yes, indeed. The Darksign brands the Undead. And in this land, the Undead are corralled and led to the north, where they are locked away, to await the end of the world... This is your fate."

I'll admit as much that it's quite vague. Indeed, humans lived alongside the giants in Anor Londo. The humans founded their own city of New Londo which was set to be a thriving culture, and I can only assume the Four Kings used to be human. Oolacile was a place of spiritual sorcery and was allowed to thrive before Manus showed up. But that was all before Manus showed up. The stairs n' shit in Anor Londo was for humans pre-Manus after that it probably went "you little shits get out of my city."
>>
>>323601516
That's some heavy headcanon.
>>
>>323601697

...What? Which part? Everything I just stated is evidenced by item descriptions or world design, except for my supposition that after Manus showed up Lord Gwyn locked people up, which is still somewhat supported by the intro narration.
>>
>>323601516
In pretty much all stories and things we hear and see, the only time tensions were strained between gods and humans were when the fire started to fade. Because they knew what it portended.
>>
File: DaS concept art.jpg (2MB, 1530x2136px) Image search: [Google]
DaS concept art.jpg
2MB, 1530x2136px
>>323602023
>the only time tensions were strained between gods and humans were when the fire started to fade. Because they knew what it portended.

Well, yeah. I'm not arguing about when it happened, I'm arguing that it DID happen against: >>323599235

> there's no indication that the gods are unfair to humans.

Unless he or you meant that just on a general basis the giants were just like "yo little dude you p. cool." In which case I agree, I never understood the supposition that humans were slaves to the giants on a regular basis.
>>
>>323601937
You keep saying the Lords abused humans or limited/mistreated them in some way, yet nothing in the game support that. You're reaching and trying to glue the facts to your theory.
>>
>>323602497

Oh nah dawg that wasn't me. Seems we have had a little misunderstanding, mostly due to my lack of reading skills. Yeah I don't think the giants abused humans regularly, just after the Oolacile incident. My b.
>>
>>323602615
>just after the Oolacile incident
And why would you think that ? Most humans seem to live relatively normal lifes, and considering undeads are ticking bombs locking them up is the best option.
>>
>>323586568
>Andre was originally Gwyn's son
No, he was just a distant relative.
>>
>>323601516
I'm pretty sure everyone, humans or lords alike mistreated the ones who turned undead according to what most NPCs tell you but I don't understand how Manus or Oolacile ties in to any of this
>>
>>323602893
>And why would you think that ?

Dialogue from Kaathe and the intro narration.

>Most humans seem to live relatively normal lifes

True enough. Kinda fucks with it a bit but I'm goin' by the game's evidence.

>>323602968

That's a tad confusing, since I imagine human, undead or not, carries the dark soul within them, no?
>>
>>323594794
>>323594193
>>323594885
Why are you guys spoonfeeding a complete retard?
>>
>>323602497
>Well, they did imprison undead in the asylum simply for being cursed.
>>
>>323602968
Hard to say considering we only meet an handful of people in the game who aren't undeads themselves and they aren't really antagonistic towards you. Excluding bosses.
>>
>>323587139
>>323585340
My guess is Flann was the keeper of the First Flame. He identified that it was fading.
>>
>>323603303

Because we aren't on /a/. Fuck off autist.
>>
>>323602968
All the demons/Izalithians are "human" as in not Undead. The Chaos probably burns away the Darksign or something, another reason why Kirk joined up.
>>
>>323603390
>No cure to the darksign
>Even rationals undeads can go Hollows and try to kill the first moving thing they see if they had a shitty day

What the fuck do you expect them to do ?
>>
>>323603716

Whoa hold up now now we're in different territory. Yo if I'm imprisoned by the giants and I can fight my way out I'm gonna do it mate. Sure I can understand why they did it but maybe if Gwyn tried a lil' diplomacy I wouldn't be so mad when Oscar broke me out.
>>
>>323603278
>>323603427
Yeah, I was thinking of how the male undead merchant mentions that noone bothers him anymore and the female one tells you "you know how it is to be undead" or something along those lines but it isn't really explicit if every single undead is treated like that or why
>>
>>323581269
The Crestfallen warrior tells you about how the serpent smells
>>
>All these niggers blowing their load on Andre when Gough is the real fucking deal
>>
eternal reminder that andre sells titanite shards he got from chiseling off of the titanite demon
>>
One thing I hate about the Dark Souls approach to story is how Undeath, the catalyst for everything in the game, is absolutely unexplained. Like how does become undead? Do they just start growing the Darksign on their skin? Is the Darksign a physical thing or just what your mind rationalizes?
>>
File: tfw.jpg (95KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
95KB, 533x800px
>>323604093
>Mfw undead merchant talks about how he used to be bullied

"It's actually quite nice here, you know?
The hollows don't care for a skinny old twig like me.
I've got Yulia… And nobody pelts me with stones anymore.
You're Undead, you know how it is.
I was treated worse back at home."

But yes it's never explicitly talked about what being undead does or what have you.
>>
>>323603523
And people ask why this board is such garbage these days. Instead of letting him lurk/search for himself you prefer to encourage newfaggotry and lazy behavior. It's no wonder that people don't care about the quality of posting when there's idiots such as yourself to reward shitposting.
>>
>>323581215
And people pretend that he's not the fucking firstborn.
>>
>>323604362
>Do they just start growing the Darksign on their skin?
I thought you just wake up one day and there it is, you're fucked.
>>
>>323604362
Everytime it's mentioned people use the expression "Now that I have become undead" or something alike.

Maybe it activates upon death and there's no way to know you aren't a bearer before
>>
>>323604362

Dark Souls II tried to answer that, but for some reason introduced the concept of Human Effigies which ended up muddling things even more and STILL doesn't explain the difference between undead and regular humans.

As the first flame fades, humans are intrinsically drawn to it so they can rekindle it with their bodies. The darksign manifests wherever it pleases (like Lucatiel's face) and gives you immortality. But NONE OF THAT answers what the fuck undead are or what human effigies are supposed to be.
>>
>>323604407
>caring about the quality of posting on a shitpost site
>>
>>323604839
Human effigies = bottled humanities
>>
>>323604839
Dark Souls 2 also proposed that any being with sufficient strength can transcend the curse. Which explains dragons.
>>
>>323605056

Why not just have humanity then?! And what the FUCK was up with Grandahl and the Dark Chasm of Old man fuck that quest.

>>323605087

Huh? I mean that's kinda the same in Dark Souls: Never lose your purpose and you never go hollow.
>>
>>323604407

Deal with it, faggot.l I am going to keep being nice and helping people and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Go cry your autism tears on /a/ you misanthropic manchild.
>>
>>323605265
>Why not just have humanity then?!

Because they wanted to do something different.
>>
>>323605815
Not him but the problem with 2 is that they did nothing to circumvent the standards we see in 1. Oh you need Humanity in order to be human. Okay fine. Wait we're doing effigies now? Okay...so what happened to Humanity? Oh it still exists we're just not using it anymore? Well that's kind of dumb because it's not like Hollowing is no longer a thing or works differently. I mean I think most people would've been okay with it if the Effigies were still Humanity but were called something different. You can handwave that as history getting the names of things mixed up. But it isn't it's a totally new thing that showed up with no explanation or subversion of any kind.

DaS2 does that a lot actually which is why people like to call it fanfiction.
>>
>>323604560
I don't think it works like that. Because some characters wound up afflicted with the Curse and had to deal with it (Laurentius says he just woke up one day and discovered he was Undead and was happy for it). While others can become Undead willingly (Solaire said he became Undead explicitly for the purpose of fulfilling the prophecy and finding his own sun.)
>>
>>323605412
Except you are not actually helping people. You're encouraging them to not learn how to search things for themselves and to always depend on others. What the anon was asking was posted in the very first reply, but he kept shitposting, acting like a retarded and being lazy instead of putting a minimal effort into search what he wanted. So what you did in response?Kept being nice and spoon feeding his lazy, newfag ass. Not only your behavior attracts shitposters, newfags and helps to decrease the quality of the board, as it doesn't really help anyone in the long term because it actually just helps to spoil people.

So I hope that the feeling of disagreeing with me, and with /a/ as it seems that they made you butthurt and also the false feeling of being nice to others make you feel good. Because your action is cancerous as it gets.
>>
>>323581215
Absolutely based
>>
>>323606662
>>323604750
I just talked to Sieglind after lost izalith and she mentioned "if my father goes hollow, I'll just have to kill him again" so maybe you become undead after dying but most people don't realize they did so it's just like waking up for them
>>
>>323606874

Don't care. Not gonna stop. Deal w/ it. /a/ is probably the only board on 4chan worse than /v/.
>>
File: mfw niggas go hollow near me.png (151KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
mfw niggas go hollow near me.png
151KB, 500x309px
>>323589787
Shrugger of the Curse all day.
>Cycle 376 of our Lord and Savior Vendrick
>Going Hollow
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
>>
File: 1439029259575.jpg (529KB, 703x950px) Image search: [Google]
1439029259575.jpg
529KB, 703x950px
>>323604362
The only explanation I can come up with is that when the Age of Dark begins to approach it's zenith the Humanity within Humans begin to wander away on its own. That's why people say Humanity is "harder to hold on to," the Humanity is literally trying to escape. And so you end up with shit like the Humanity sprites in Manus's cave where they have no body to live in and yet they still hang around. And as for the body it just reverts back to how pygmy bodies are without a flame, Hollows.
>>
>>323607291
>Don't care. Not gonna stop.
Nice rebuttal, as expected from a retarded newfag.

>/a/ is probably the only board on 4chan worse than /v/.
No, not really. As someone who don't even watch anime anymore, I can safely say that /a/ is much better than /v/. You just think otherwise because you came to this site last year and don't know anything about board culture, lurking and also don't care about the quality of the posts. You prefer /v/ because here you can shitpost endless without consequences, while on /a/ people will call you out on your bullshit and also there's a great chance that a mod you either delete your post, or ban you.

/v/ is easily the worst board on 4chan, I just keep coming here because I really like vidya.
>>
>>323585484
>>323585502
>they're all missing that
exactly
>>
File: laugh.gif (957KB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
957KB, 288x198px
>>323607740

>b-b-b-but muh board culture!
>Y-you j-just g-got here!
>>
>>323607153
I can kind of agree with this accept that the Darksign is described as a brand so it's probably obvious who's Undead and who isn't depending on who has the brand. Although as I say that I realize that you can't really see the brand unless you're lacking Humanity so maybe I'm wrong
>>
>>323607153
>"if my father goes hollow, I'll just have to kill him again"

Does that imply he's gone hollow before? That he'll be cured? When he's dead in Ash Lake I always interpreted that s deader than dead.

That's a problem in both games, something that Demon's Souls didn't have. I mean it's supremely aggravating when Lucatiel is fretting about hollowing and she fucking gives you an effigy I'm just like "use it you stupid idiot."
>>
>>323607740
Nah, he's right.
>>
I just got to Sen's Fortress and it's literally impossible at the entrance, after the first two Lizard men I mean, I fucking give up.
>>
>>323587232
>>323586593
There are no gods, they're all myth
>>
>>323608013
lel
>>
>>323607987
No it doesn't imply he's gone Hollow before. Only that she's killed him before. For one reason or another she killed him while he was still sane and he just respawned at a nearby bonfire and was like "what the fuck daughter?" But she acknowledges that if he actually does Hollow out then she'll need to kill him again.
>>
>>323607987
It means that he died once and if he goes hollow she'll kill him for good.
>>
>>323608013
But that's like, the best section anon. Tied with The Catacombs.
>>
>>323607478
Wow, maybe the humanity is like you said trying to escape and go back to it's original form, the dark soul, that's why there are several ones in Manus cave, and that's what Darkstalker Kaathe and his darkwraiths are opposed to Gwyn since maybe linking the first flame is preventing it hence why Kaathe says Gwyn is resisting the course of nature
>>
How the fuck can you virgins be still interested in this meme game?
You are hypocrits when it comes to gaming, y'all have shit taste
>>
File: 122313312.gif (998KB, 245x370px) Image search: [Google]
122313312.gif
998KB, 245x370px
>>323607932
>Can't refute
>Better to greentext his posts with stutter typing, that sure will dismiss his points
Everytime.
>>
File: 1450893887346.jpg (221KB, 800x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1450893887346.jpg
221KB, 800x1395px
>>323608013
>And so, an another Chosen Undead goes hollow
>>
>>323586593
To be a god all you need is to be worshiped. The games show just how truly meaningless the title is in terms of power and ability.
>>
>>323578454
that would have been really cool if there was a boss version that had both its legs
>>
>>323608010
Yeah anon. He(you)is right because you(he) said so.
>>
>>323608234
Well there's a very important difference between the other 3 Lord Souls and the Dark Soul. When Gwyn split up his soul he got weaker as a result. But the Dark Soul doesn't for some reason. It started out very small and insignificant while Gwyn's soul was an inferno in the intro bigger even than the souls of his peers. So when you rejoin all shards of Gwyn's Soul you just get Gwyn at his original power. When you rejoin all the shards of the Dark Soul you get the Abyss that seems to be trying to devour everything.
>>
>>323608436
>Everyone who disagrees with me is samefag
Literally retarded.
>>
File: 1420506755850.jpg (94KB, 599x800px) Image search: [Google]
1420506755850.jpg
94KB, 599x800px
>>323581215
>You can become Andre in DS2 with the Bone Fist.
>>
File: image.jpg (240KB, 828x951px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 828x951px
>>323604539
More like FISTborn, amirite?
>>
>>323608689
I only implied that you were samefagging, which is highly likely. There's no way to be sure of that though.

Still, the point is that samefagging or not, your post is meaningless because it serves as nothing more as a upboat for the previous post due to the lack of reasoning/explanation in it.
>>
>>323609078
than a upboat*
>>
>>323608161
>>323607987
I should post the whole conversation then "My father? He went on his final adventure.
Don't worry, that's just the way he is. Undead or no. Sort of reasuring, really.
If he goes Hollow, I'll just have to kill him again." What I was thinking is that her father asked her to kill him so he could keep adventuring as an undead
>>
>>323608234
Also about Kaathe. A very important detail that everyone misses is that he says that the people he contracted to serve him failed him and failed to see the truth. Probably meaning that while his intent was to destroy Gwyn, the people serving him went about their own fuckery instead.

>Okay so I'm gonna tell those guys at Oolicile about Manus. That should make the Abyss spring forth and bring the Age of Dark
>Alright so I've been gone for a while, let's see what happened at Oolicile...oh. The people here got caught up in finding Dark magic and mutated themselves. Well at least there's Manus, oh Manus is dead. Who the hell killed him!?!

>Okay so let's try this again. This time I'll get the New Londo residents to use Lifedrain to steal Humanity from alternate dimensions. They can gather up Humanity, grow in power, then destroy Gwyn and finally bring the Age of Dark
>????
>These fuckers have made zero progress in becoming the Dark Lord. They're not targetting Gwyn, they just keep killing each other and gathering more and more Humanity for no reason other than to have it. And now they're flooded in so they can't do anything anymore.

>Well the 4 Kings are dead. Maybe this new Undead will finally be the one to destroy Gwyn and end the Age of Fire?
>>
>>323609078
The reasoning is that it's better to be helpful to others.
>>
>>323609196
I'm not sure I can go with that. If he's Undead then killing him would've been pointless, he knows he'll just come back. My guess is that because Undead are ostracized wherever they're found he probably left on his own to adventure knowing he can't go back home. So that's why he called it his final adventure, he knows there is no going back to his family so it's better to do what he loves before he finally hollows.

I can't think of a reason why his daughter would've killed him the first time but honestly I don't think it matters too much either.
>>
>>323609241
I always bring this up in regards to Kaathe shitters.
>>
>>323602435
That's actually DS2 concept art.
>>
>>323609708

That makes it worse to be honest friend. Worse that it wasn't realized I mean.
>>
>>323586795
that jawline, damn!
>>
>>323609575
Yeah that makes much more sense, I just met them at ash lake and the way Sieglinde says "it's finally over now" seems like she was waiting for him to become hollow
>>
>>323610398
I think that's what I like about the NPCs in DaS1. They represent different aspects about how the world deals with the Undead but at the end of the day they're just people trying to have their last little hurrah before everything irrevocably goes to shit. Except for Lautrec but fuck Lautrec
>>
>>323608309

I can see anon living his life clearly now.
>anon lives at home as a NEET, not being able to hold down a job due to severe attitude issues
>his mother asks him to pass the salt at the dinner table
>anon flies into a fury, throwing the salt across the room "Go fucking get it you bitch, I'm not going to fucking spoonfeed you. Do something for yourself for once. YOU ARE DEGRADING THIS HOUSE'S CULTURE!"
>anon's mom quietly composes herself and leaves the room, she can be heard sobbing in the next room.
>anon's father, jaded and bitter from their failure of a son's constant tantrums goes off to comfort her. The beating have long since ceased as they have failed to bring results.
>>
>>323594395
M..
Mozart?
Could it be? Could Mozart still be alive?
>>
>>323609389
That's more like a blank statement. It means nothing if you don't back it up with a logical reasoning, examples, comparisons etc. I already explained why your action is cancerous and also why it doesn't help people in the long term. On the other hand you did nothing to help your point or to refute mine. You only argue based on emotion(probably because you got told on /a/ in the past and decided to do the contrary of what they say because of that). Just so you know, being against spoon feeding isn't exclusive to /a/, it was pretty common for other boards to have the same position in the past(/v/ was one of them)and that only changed because the board became extremely big, impossible to control and flooded with newfags who don't bother to lurk, just like you.
>>
>>323610237
>implying that's not the windmill beanstalk sprouting to the fiery heavens
Blind nigger you are m8.
>>
>>323611001
So you still think it's one person. Epic.
>>
>>323611042

And it wasn't realized like that at all.
>>
>>323610680
You sure showed me with your strawman, anon.
>>
>>323578454

He was farming the demon for titanite to make weapons with. Chosen Undead just comes in and ruins Andre's lucrative business.
>>
>>323611096
Do you've brain damage?What being one person has to do with anything?Yeah, you are probably samefagging but that's irrelevant to the point. I don't care if it's one, two or ten people, their(or your)posts serve as nothing but upvotes if they don't back it up.
>>
>>323610742
There's no fucking way he's still alive. I mean, I'd have to be like 400 years old.
>>
>>323611168
>>323607740
>You just think otherwise because you came to this site last year and don't know anything about board culture, lurking and also don't care about the quality of the posts.

>muh baseless assumptions
>>
>>323611402
I guess he farmed for them in Anor Londo and Lost Izalith too, huh?
>>
>>323611402
Well in return he got a bunch of badass embers
>>
>>323611408
Your anger is making you irrational, being helpful is always better than not doing it. That doesnt require a great feat of logic to understand.
>>
>>323610629
Yeah fuck him, one of his summons is wearing the crimson set except for the mask which says "it symbolizes their resolve to keep the seal shit forever and their atonement for all who were sacrificed, but two of the three forsook New Londo upon tiring of their duty" so that guy pretty much abandoned ingward and the lady sealer who tried to cure the people in blighttown to have fun with Lautrec
>>
>>323589430

Completely wrong.

Timeline:

>world is unchanging
>dragons on top
>some hollows just muttering around
>hollows find the first flame
>find Lord Souls and get awesome powers
>one finds the Dark Soul
>Lords wage war on Dragons on top
>>
>>323611619
I already explained why it's bad in the context of spoonfeeding obvious shitposters on 4chan. Try to analyze each situation individually instead of applying universal views to everything.

Also, like I said above, it doesn't matter what point you make. It's meaningless if you can't back it up with a logical explanation, that's the basic principle of argumentation. Saying ''I don't need to explain it because it's obvious'' is no different from what a child would do.
>>
>>323590473
>Demon's Souls marker beside the HP/MP bar.

Proof that Dark Souls was always meant to be connected to Demons Souls? Neat nonetheless.
>>
>>323612163
thats a texture mod you mong
>>
>>323611469
Do even know what strawman is?I didn't accuse you of making baseless assumptions.
>>
File: 1452428594136.png (757KB, 703x704px) Image search: [Google]
1452428594136.png
757KB, 703x704px
>>323611445
>I'd
>>
>>323612098
Eh I'm kind of with him on this one. Gwyn probably didn't discover the surface yet but he did find time to establish an order of knights and metal forging. Hell Gwyn wasn't even first generation because he has an uncle, Lloyd. Which means his father and uncle found souls first and reproduced even though the soul they found wasn't a Lord Soul. I digress though it was probably sometime between when the First Flame was initially discovered and when Gwyn struck first blood against the Dragons
>>
>>323611493

Yeah he went round taking bits of all the TDs he could find before settling into his eternal blacksmithing.
>>
>>323612253
He gave sauce to the debug. I thought the assets were still in the game.
>>
File: gots.jpg (9KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
gots.jpg
9KB, 112x112px
>>323586057
>>323586575
>>323586593
>>323587232

the dark souls hierarchy of shit

dragons - the first beings. used to rule the world alone, but the lords fought them so that their own kingdoms could spread.

lords - found the lords souls and ascended.

gods - children of lords or those granted power by lords.

giants and unnamed humanish race (nephilim?)- races who serve the lords and gods. giants, black knights, ciarin, ornstein, artorias.

demons - chaos manifested, corruptions of flame.

monsters - monsters and beasts like cats, rats, dogs, frogs.

humans - hollows holding a shard of the dark soul which gives them life and purpose.

hollows - basic life forms, empty shells without souls or a purpose.
>>
>>323612542
To be honest he's one of the characters who could do that.
>>
File: 1406962179396.png (1MB, 811x788px) Image search: [Google]
1406962179396.png
1MB, 811x788px
Was it rape?
>>
>>323612384

I know exactly what a strawman is. It is you who seems to be confused. I was merely helping you and corrected the term, because you seemed to be confused.

For you see anon, and I won't make you look this up, because I don't subscribe to your silly ideology, a strawman is defined as "a sham argument set up to be defeated." I did not set up an argument to be defeated, I merely told the sad story of your life for fun and amusement.
>>
>>323612615
Well I think the witches deserve special mention because they aren't referred to as gods, just witches. So the residents of Izalith weren't so bold as to call themselves gods. With the except of the Witch of Izalith who, let's face it, bore world changing power.
>>
File: noice.png (76KB, 428x380px) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
76KB, 428x380px
>>323612542
>he only took their heads and 1 leg each
>>
File: 1438441637403.jpg (795KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1438441637403.jpg
795KB, 1240x1754px
>>323612729
Probably on Ciaran's part. The weird thing about Ciaran is that her feelings for Artorias are explictly mentioned but never the other way around. Did Artorias not know? Did he just not reciprocate? Did he put duty ahead of his feelings for her? It's things like this that make me wish I could see Anor Londo in its prime. And interestingly the locks of hair on her mask aren't standard issue, she had to put in extra work to distinguish herself from the other Lord's Blades.
>>
>>323590473
>>323591151

This should be a new type of invasion where a player takes control of an enemy and fight the host. Something like Perfect Dark did back in the N64
>>
>>323613140

If we're gonna do this I'm p. sure Artorias never even considered her for purely anatomical reasons; his dick would probably tear her apart.
>>
File: 1338406618979.jpg (32KB, 288x400px) Image search: [Google]
1338406618979.jpg
32KB, 288x400px
>>323612729
You know the answer
>>
>>323604839
Aren't human effigies just a way of helping undead cling to their memories and slow hollowing. Sort of like a dementia patient who goes through a photo album daily.
>>
>>323612879
At least you realize that you didn't actually argued against anything and was just shitposting out of rage and impotence for not being able to argue.
>>
>>323613309
You don't need to have sex to be in love.

Though, fuck chastity
>>
File: 1452482511430.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452482511430.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
>>323613309
Fair enough. I mean Artorias is like 3 times her size, assuming she could survive the encounter he could literally use her as a fleshlight.
>>
>>323613397

Much like your baseless accusations of "just getting here last year" right?
>>
File: 1440086104357.jpg (88KB, 689x649px) Image search: [Google]
1440086104357.jpg
88KB, 689x649px
>>323612729
>you will never be as cute as Ciaran
>you will never BE Ciaran
>you will never feel Artorias's strong embrace
>he will never be secretly in love with you
>you will never taste his sweet, huge dick
>he will never fuck your tiny body gently
Fucking kill me already.
>>
>>323613457
Dawg you trippin' if you don't think Ciaran wasn't just as much lustful as she was in love with Artorias.

>>323613490
She probably furiously masturbates to the thought of being used by him.
>>
>>323579880
Curiously you find a tetanite demon next to a blacksmith
>>
File: 1437985943234.gif (61KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1437985943234.gif
61KB, 640x360px
>>323613685
You could stop being a fag, tho'
>>
>>323613140
>And interestingly the locks of hair on her mask aren't standard issue, she had to put in extra work to distinguish herself from the other Lord's Blades.
Artorias was probably the the motivating factor for that because once he dies she instantly retires.
>>
Is Ciaran human or just a small Lord? Is she like that guy who thinks he's a ghoul in New Vegas
>>
File: 1450235930479.jpg (137KB, 600x624px) Image search: [Google]
1450235930479.jpg
137KB, 600x624px
>>323613878
>he wouldn't fuck Artorias
A true faggot right there.
>>
File: 1433458961467.png (429KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1433458961467.png
429KB, 500x667px
>>323614130
>implying
>>
>>323612615

Who or what produced the Lord's Soul/Dark Soul? Is it just an ever-constant thing? Sort of a Yin/Yang concept?
>>
>>323614096
She seems to hate humans, but it's possible she just pretends she isn't one. I think that any servant of Gwyn probably gets at least a tiny fragment on his soul though, and that that would replace her dark soul if she had one to begin with.
>>
>>323578454
that's because if you used your eyes and ears you'd have already noticed it
>>
>>323613545
Not really, my accusation came along with a argument in the context of what we were talking about, it came after I had explained myself and made my point. While your post just takes things out of context and serves as nothing but a a poor attempt to trigger me.

That's the same as accusing someone of ad hominem just because it placed a insult in the middle of his argument and then comparing to a point that you made purely to insult someone.
>>
>>323614336
Answering that question would require answering the question of where the First Flame even came from. Which no one has even the faintest clue about. Anyway it probably is a Yin Yang kind of thing. Gwyn has the soul of Light so in contrast the Furtive Pygmy has the soul of Dark. The Witch has the soul of Life therefore Nito has the soul of Death.
>>
>>323614350
I don't think she hates them, just she has a low opinion of them. She's amiable to you when asking for Artorias's soul but doesn't reveal her attitude towards humans in general until you take a swipe at her.
>>
>>323612729
When I'm done with her in DkS3, yes, it will be rape.
>>
>>323588725
I like to think as the time line as
>Bloodborne --> Demon's souls ---> dark souls --> Dark souls 2
>>
>>323609575
You retard, she didn't kill him the first time, by 'again' she means him as a subject, he will have to be killed again. Not she will kill him again.
>>
>>323613140
>And interestingly the locks of hair on her mask aren't standard issue, she had to put in extra work to distinguish herself from the other Lord's Blades.
where can I see other lord blades?
>>
File: 1429875543860.jpg (30KB, 438x651px) Image search: [Google]
1429875543860.jpg
30KB, 438x651px
>mace +10
>>
>>323614735
You can't. The description of the Porcelain Mask is the only indication of the Lord's Blades as a group.
>>
>>323614683
>If he goes Hollow, I'll just have to kill him again.
>I'll just have to kill him again
>I'll

She killed him at least one time
>>
Been fooling around in the debugger and found out you can trigger invasions with it. I'm not sure if these actually do work, but you can invade and put down signs anywhere

I wanna test this in firelink shrine. Anyone with SL of ~40 wanna help me with it?
>>
File: 1439473691352.jpg (156KB, 600x873px) Image search: [Google]
1439473691352.jpg
156KB, 600x873px
>>323614610
I'd say she had just given up on everything at that point, including her hate for humans. Her lover(?) just died, the dark is spreading, and Gough seems to have already stopped caring. She gives you her weapons because she doesn't plan to keep fighting against anyone anymore, but to just stay by his grave for the rest of her life. Attacking her would obviously make her mad and immediately start actively hating humans again, especially since you just killed Artorias.

That's how I always saw it, anyway.
>>
>>323614998
Do you know how English works? It could mean either but it's obvious your interpretation is wrong because I said so.
>>
>>323615231
Artorias got corrupted
he thanked you for killing him
if you didnt kill him she probably would have
>>
Is DS3 set in a world where a human has chosen to become a dark lord?

Is that why lords of ember are popping up because the age of darkness has gone on too long?
>>
>>323615381
I know, but I think anyone would still hold some grudge against the one who did it. It ain't rational, but that's how people are.
>>
>>323581746
What if you fought a tag team of mirrored titanite demons but when one dies, the other takes the fallen ones leg as its own then takes its soul to form a head? Ds3 O&S evil team boss?
>>
What does Artorius' name signify?
>>
File: 1452181782405.png (71KB, 540x543px) Image search: [Google]
1452181782405.png
71KB, 540x543px
>>323607740
lol butthurt fatass
>>
>>323615532
Main character in DaS3's default form is human.
Ascended form (human form in DaS1) is Lord of Cinder.

Everyone there seems to have lit the flame. And from what I know the bosses are also others who lit the flame. Perhaps now you can have the pleasure of ending the sunbros or something.
>>
>>323615617
She wasn't people.

All subhumans deserve death, down with the brutish uncultured devils.
>>
File: 1441505744765.png (3MB, 1192x819px) Image search: [Google]
1441505744765.png
3MB, 1192x819px
>>323615381
That would've been a very hard sell for her. You gotta understand as far as the occupants of Lordran are concerned Artorias is ridiculously strong. And I mean fucking ridiculous. Not only does he bear the title of greatest Greatsword user period (just for reference the one everyone worships as a god is also a Greatsword user) but when Artorias failed to fight the Abyss by himself everyone pretty much gave up. They threw up their hands and said "welp, Artorias couldn't do it. I guess the Abyss really is unstoppable." You can get away with fighting Artorias because it's impossible for you to stay dead. But nobody else wants to play that game.
>>
>>323615690
A google search tells me that it means 'noble strength.'
>>
>>323614375
Listen you're not wrong about spoonfeeding but you are being far more emotional than him. You're so supremely butthurt over such a small thing that it's just plain humorous. Every post sounds like a furious fedora tipper trying to sound non chalant and calm.

Just end your life.
>>
>>323615941
I really need to replay this game again
btw why did he fail and why do we succeed?
I would have more questions but I dont think everything is answered, its the part of the charm isnt it hehe
>>
/v/ should be renamed "dark souls threads and complaining"
>>
>>323612615
This makes no sense.
As stated before, Lords were hollows who found a Lords Soul and gained power with it.
While Gods already existed and are unrelated to the 4 Lords finding the first flame.
On the other hand, Nito became the god of death and disease after finding the first flame, which leaves only one conclusion: Fann and Velka were part of another kindling of the first flame and are remnants of an earlier age, and since there is no real beginning or end, we can assume time passes in a cyclic manner.
>>
>>323616390
He had nary a murmur of dark, while we had an actual dark soul. He soul was at odds with the Abyss and Manus's magic, while we fit right in with them.
>>
File: 1438441438493.jpg (960KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1438441438493.jpg
960KB, 1240x1754px
>>323616390
Well Elizabeth gives us this line

>Knight Artorias came to stop this, but such a hero has nary a murmur of Dark. Without doubt, he will be swallowed by the Abyss, overcome by its utter blackness...Indeed, the Abyss may be unstoppable

This reflects in other servants of Gwyn too in their weakness to Dark and Occult weapons. Those who bear the soul of Light are gravely weakened and susceptible to Dark. The fact that Artorias lasted as long as he did is really kind of astounding. Although Arty had to kind of cheat by making a covenant with the beasts of the Abyss (likely Kaathe) which ended up cursing him.
>>
>>323616658
So it was misfortune that led him to the last fight against us in his dark corrupted state. I mean really, the strongest, badass fighter just wasnt predistined to win against the dark plague but a soulless nobody is. What a shame, really.
This is where it gets too gamey for my tastes (Im so sorry for saying this)
>>
I just realized that, while DkS3 might be good gameplay-wise, it will never get close to DkS1 because what makes it such a great game is its characters and lore. Unless DkS3 deals directly with DkS1 events, I don't see it surpassing it.
>>
>>323590402
I just figured the blue sentinels used a hero of old as a test of mettle for new initiates. It's probably just an illusion that can actually hurt you, akin to the silver knights in anor londo.
>>
>>323617041
>This is where it gets too gamey for my tastes
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>323617041
Well kind of understand that the soulless nobody is built for this particular mission. You can't die. Well you can but death is more of an inconvenience for you. Meanwhile as powerful as Artorias was he only gets one shot and he lost. He had no choice but to retreat but by then it was too late, the damage was already too much and the corruption too deep. As Gough said though he died with his honor intact. He probably spent his remaining moments killing Bloatheads right up until he met you at the Colosseum where he finally broke. But no one but you saw him that way. As far as the rest of Lordran is concerned he was still a hero and not a monster.
>>
>>323594395
Man Anus
>>
File: 1436666296940.jpg (1009KB, 1600x2924px) Image search: [Google]
1436666296940.jpg
1009KB, 1600x2924px
>>323617390
Also interesting line by Chester:

>Did you really slay Knight Artorias? I'd heard the Abyss found him first, but even still...That's absolutely treacherous. Yes, magnificently so! Mwah hah hah!

So even killing a fallen Artorias is still considered a sin by everyone living there. That dude was loved by a lot of people.
>>
>>323617054
It could try to, you know, give us another cast of great characters.

Dark Souls 2 failed miserably at giving us one remotely interesting character, I mean shit, the character with the most personality is Jester Thomas, and he doesn't have a single line of dialogue. Maybe Dark Souls 3 can step the fuck up.
>>
File: 1428643165105.jpg (158KB, 1200x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1428643165105.jpg
158KB, 1200x1274px
>>323616849
>he was too pure
Poetry
>>
>>323617640
Who the fuck is Jester Thomas?
I only remember Lucatiel. She was GOAT.
>>
>>323617390
What Gough meant by died with honor intact is that he didn't kill innocents and died in battle. If Artorias had went up to Kalameet and died to it, he would have died with honor too.
>>
>>323617761
>Summon Jester Thomas for Mytha fight
>He wrecks her himself with his crazy fire spells
>Later he invades you
>>
>>323617183
You the player are destined to become more than a hull that you are, because videogame, mc etc etc. To be more concrete, you are nothing but a gifted spit on a hot stone and still more "powerfull" than the strongest of warriors, basicly a cheater everyone would hate in a different medium.

>>323617390

What an iconic moment in retrospect, any hints on why he broke down just when you arrived (ive heard the cut dialogue but no reference why excactly you triggered his breakdown). Furthermore, what about the pendant. In my book it is the alpha stadium of an antidode against the dark. Why wasnt it used with an catalyst to strenghten its power and ban the dark?
>>
File: VmyHAWo.png (237KB, 1094x530px) Image search: [Google]
VmyHAWo.png
237KB, 1094x530px
>>323617761
He's an NPC you can summon for Mytha. And he absolutely wrecks her shit in, kind of like how Black Iron Tarkus shits all over the Iron Golem.

And then From thought it'd be a grand idea to buff him immensely, and make him invade you.

He's also the first NPC in the Dark Souls series to emote at you in the fight, saluting you when he spawns in, and laughing at you when he kills you, repeatedly, with fire.
>>
File: 1449293576109.jpg (83KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
1449293576109.jpg
83KB, 640x908px
>>323578454

really, of all the retarded shit, you decide to pick on this??

but i will give you the fact this boss does look stupid as hell, and most of the game is overhyped neogaf meme shit only an impressionable retard would enjoy
>>
>this thread is better than the Dark/Demon souls thread at /vg/
And people still criticize /v/. This thread should be archived.
>>
File: lordran.jpg (17KB, 636x353px) Image search: [Google]
lordran.jpg
17KB, 636x353px
>>323587517
>Now that you bring up Gods/Titans distinction from Greek Mythology, I'm curious if Dark Souls will ever introduce something of that level

Why do you think Lordran has those fuckhuge walls?
>>
>>323618164
every single thread in /vg/ is shit, you should know that by now.
>>
>>323617976
You're stronger than everyone else because the fire is fading and the Dark is growing, not because you're the main character. Did you even play the game? Any "Chosen Undead" can give up at any point and hollow like any other undead, there's nothing special about the character other than that he is the one who keeps going.
Let me guess: boss fights, leveling, upgrades are all too gamey and are uncool, right?
>>
>>323617976
That was probably just the longest he could hold out. He was probably on the brink by the time you showed up and then just snapped.

As far as the Pendent is concerned it was just a gift given to Artorias.
>One of the ancient treasures of Anor Londo. Presented to Artorias for facing the Abyss.

Probably after his first encounter with the Abyss. Which to me puts the events of Oolicile after the events of the Occult Rebellion. Anor Londo probably began devising defenses against Dark and Occult weaponry after that point. But back on point while the Silver Pendent does protect against dark magic, it does NOT protect against Humanity. Humanity will just pass right through it and won't slow it down one bit.
>>
>>323617976
>and still more "powerfull" than the strongest of warriors, basicly a cheater everyone would hate in a different medium.

You're really looking at this all wrong, but >>323617390
already explained it. But allow me to add the fact that the game completely subverts the "chosen one" trope, and that the majority of bosses you fight are just old and tired beings. Did all of that just fly over your head?

>any hints on why he broke down just when you arrived

Because he had dark all over him?

>what about the pendant. In my book it is the alpha stadium of an antidode against the dark. Why wasnt it used with an catalyst to strenghten its power and ban the dark?

Because the game isn't about that. The game is about the end of eras. The dark is coming, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. You can prolong the age of fire for a bit more, but what good is that? The end is coming.
>>
>>323579760

>they merely sit and wait for things to walk by

As does everything in these games. Why don't mobs wander around
>>
>>323618272
> Ring of the Evil Eye
> According to legend, this ring contains the
spirit of the evil eye, a dark beast which
assaulted Astora.

> Dark Beasts roaming the outskirts of cities, can attack entire kingdoms at once

Those walls aren't meant to protect us from other kingdoms.
>>
File: J80mZ.jpg (305KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
J80mZ.jpg
305KB, 1280x720px
>>323618164
We have good Souls threads all the time, most are even better than this one.
>>
>>323618416
>>323617976
Also the Silver Pendent was probably made specifically for Artorias considering it has his crest on it.
>>
>>323583938

You can play as Nito, right?
>>
>>323618565
Just realized that, yes. Strange how past all the dank maymays from other people, the souls community is actually much more than a bunch of bro dudes typing git gud all the time
>>
>>323618060
NPC phantoms in SotfS is amazing as fuck.
That ninja in hunstman copse for example would use multiple weapon, ninja-like spell and ranged weapon responding to the situation.

Even the NPCs hunter in Bloodborne are not comparable to them.
Hopefully they made it the same in DkS3
>>
File: iron golems.png (586KB, 910x528px) Image search: [Google]
iron golems.png
586KB, 910x528px
>>323612891
you know thats actually a good point, just because the witches we see look human they may not be merely human just as ciarin uses a human model but lore wise is not.

>>323614336
i assume it was just some thing that had previously always existed like the dragons.

if you take ds2's lore into account you could say it just kind of reforms and is found again every time the entire world does a reset. and a new cycle is born.

>>323616637
yeah the lords were hollows before they found the lords souls, and your opinion on flann and velka is just as good as mine seeing as how neither of us really has more info on it so i respect that. but does the game ever refer to any of the four lords as anything but lords? i dont remember any time they are called gods.

the thing you mentioned about the gods being from a previous age kinda makes sense though seeing as how all father lloyd is gwyns uncle which has always struck me as weird until i read what you said just now.
>>
>>323618946
Well, a lot of threads do get derailed into shitposting about which is better than the other or console wars, so I can see why some people might believe that.
>>
So if this is a general lore thread, why do hollowed enimies respawn, but NPCs don't? I mean, I get that killing them cause them to go hollow, so their personality is lost, but why don't they come back as hollows like the soldiers do?
>>
>>323618447
>"What good is that the end is coming"

That sort of logic is ridiculous. Life is about prolonging for as long as possible. If not we might as well all kill ourselves because eventually we'll die anyway
>>
>>323587232
Isn't Smough just a Big Guy?
>>
>>323618392
Calm down tyler, what reason does the player have to kill stuff anyway. Why not just sit down and forge weapons. Without options you are forced into tropes and there is literally no reason for you to do any of this except for videogame. Thats the point, I dont have any reason for all this thats why I have difficulty to understand why everything is happening. I played this game for 600 hours stil doesnt mean I understand the story.

>>323618416
So why not holding out and forge a much stronger pendant, It isnt stated anywhere that the spread of the abyss is that fast that the strongest warrior could not have waited a bit more until a stronger is created. How is humanity connected to the dark and the abyss and why is it important to be protected against it if the real enemy is manus? ( I suppose he is the source of dark and that with his death you stop the spreading?)

>>323618447
I was asking why when you arrived, why not when you and this woman (i forgot her name, she gives you weapons) Its too scripted, thats all. Furthermore its not about what the game is about but what is logical, if they felt the need to create a pendant that protects against dark, than the logical step forward would to create something alike that DEFEATS the dark instead of sending their best warrior on a suicide mission. This are blank spots i dont really get, sorry for fucking taking a sec to think about stuff i dont understand, please dont edgy too hart its an interesting topic.
>>
>>323619232

Nice try Frampt I'm wise to your ways.

>>323619228

Gameplay and story segregation

There was a theory a while back that they respawn in their own world or something.
>>
>>323619228
This is probably just story/ gameplay segregation. They didn't want you to kill NPCs over and over again therefore they don't come back.
>>
>>323616849
He didn't last though. He died IN the Abyss. He didn't even SEE Manus.
>>
>>323619228
Timelines I guess. Killing them just removed them from your timeline. That timeline might cross again like it does for Kirk or Chester
>>
>>323619228
they don't die forever, they just tire of your shit and fuck off
>>
>>323613193

They did that in Demon's Souls with the Old Monk-boss.
Also, to some extent, you could say Mirror Knight fight from DaS2 hasa fairly similar concept.

So it has been a feature in at least two titles as far as I can recall.
>>
>>323619228
>>323619391
>>323619446
I thought it was something like that.

Presumably the curse can effect animals as well, which is why all the non-human enimies respawn as well, right?
>>
>>323619426
He got pretty far. We see where he and Sif made there last stand because he seals Sif in the barrier
>>
>>323619232
That's stupid, like keeping a 90+ year old on indefinite life support (technically possible) on a heart-lung and dialysis machine with IV-nutrition etc... When it's time to go, it's time to go.

Things are born, things grow, things fade, things die. That is the Way of the Worldâ„¢. The Gods in Dark Souls were just unwilling to let it happen to them, and in resisting the inevitable they brought about great suffering (the fall of Anor Londo, the creation of Demons, the rise of the Undead, etc.) and their own fall. And for what? In the end it happened anyway.
>>
File: 2371263-dark_souls_izalith_witch.jpg (271KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2371263-dark_souls_izalith_witch.jpg
271KB, 1280x720px
Out of all the myriad peoples of Dark Souls, I'm gonna argue the Demons got it the best
>not insane
>sick gains
>more powerful than ever
>Most likely gonna be Taurus or Capra instead of some weird shit like Centipede
>absolutely immune to the curse
>>
>>323619297
>I was asking why when you arrived, why not when you and this woman

That's a very, very odd question. Why wasn't Colonel Kurtz already there when Captain Willard and co. get off the boat? Why didn't the shark in Jaws leave once it ate Alex Kitner? Why didn't Romeo wait for Juliet to wake up? See where I'm going with this?

>if they felt the need to create a pendant that protects against dark, than the logical step forward would to create something alike that DEFEATS the dark

The giants/lords don't have much experience with the dark so they probably don't know how to do that.
>>
>>323612891
Eingy refers to Quelana as "inhuman witch"
>>
>>323619561
Seems to be Mammals that are affected by the curse of undead and respawn.
>>
File: 1442612274353.jpg (106KB, 1600x969px) Image search: [Google]
1442612274353.jpg
106KB, 1600x969px
>>323619297
>Don't understand the story
Here's the basic gist. The First Flame is going out. The Age of Fire is ending and the Age of Dark is coming. Why is this a problem? With the Age of Dark you have the curse of Undeath, so people no longer die normally. They just die over and over again until they hollow out. Or they become interdimensional axe murderers on the hunt for Humanity. Or they just outright turn into horrible monsters. Also the unchecked spread of the Abyss. See this is a nightmare for everyone but apparently this is just the course of nature, the way things are just supposed to be. But Gwyn did not accept this so rather than allow things to devolve to this state he used himself to keep the Age of Fire going a little longer. But this is treatment, not a cure the Age of Dark is still on its way. There's a prophecy that says a Chosen Undead will learn the fate of the Undead but you meet two different snakes who give you two different stories. One snake tells you that you're supposed to do the same thing Gwyn did and keep the Age of Fire going a bit longer. Banish the curse of Undeath and bring the gods back in power. But there's no sign that this will lead to a different result than when Gwyn did it so is it worth it? Another snake tells you that your fate is to lead the vanguard of the Age of Dark and take command of the Abyss and the new Age. But as said the Age of Dark is a horrible, frightening, and violent place. But apparently this is just nature running its course.

So which choice do you think is the correct one? Keeping a nice lie going a little bit longer or embracing the brutal truth? Well that's Dark Souls in a nutshell.
>>
>>323619297
>Calm down tyler, what reason does the player have to kill stuff anyway. Why not just sit down and forge weapons. Without options you are forced into tropes and there is literally no reason for you to do any of this except for videogame. Thats the point, I dont have any reason for all this thats why I have difficulty to understand why everything is happening. I played this game for 600 hours stil doesnt mean I understand the story.
Sure just sit down and forge weapons then, nothing's stopping you. See how long you last without hollowing though. Gaining souls is literally the point of the game, both gameplay wise and story wise. Sorry that you're too stupid to understand the basic fucking point of a rather simple story.
>>
What's with all the trees seemingly holding up Lordran that you can see from Ash Lake and part of the Tomb of Giants? Is Lordran just some realm of Yggdrasil?
>>
>>323612615
>>323612891
They're all humans. Just with different power levels.
>>
>>323578454
SEKKO
E
K
K
O
>>
>>323620026
>Is Lordran just some realm of Yggdrasil

Yes.
>>
>>323619719
>You a badass nigga
>You a dumbass nigga
>Fuck, you the niggest
>>
File: 1480776-1348182405.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480776-1348182405.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>323619997
Can't I just fuck off and be a dragon?
>>
Hey, im a little late for the party, but i want to make my small theory about dark souls 3 lore. Actually, i have 2 theories.

>First and most probable:

It is gonna explain all the giant bullshit from DaS2, possibly set between 1 and 2, showing what was stolen from the giants and maybe the fall of the older empires, like the Old Iron King and Ivory King and Sunken king's empire.

Second, not very probable, but what i imagined as adecent conclusion of the series (implying they will stop in the third)

Over the last 2 games it become very clear the cyclical nature of humans and how people are trying to break free from that. Always dark vs light bullshit. But there was one time it played out differently. Ivory King.

That time, Dark and light formed an alliance to fight the ever growing and unnatural chaos that everyone seen to forgot. They eventually failed, but it was the only wasnt cyclical.

The "Giant Lord" in the trailer, and the 3rd chosen undead both have a "embers glow" inside them, that besides "fire", might also represent chaos.

I wish to see Light and Darkness to stop fighting (breaking the cycle) and defeating the chaos.
>>
>>323620105
Is there more evidence? I can't imagine it's that cut and dry.
>>
>>323619997
?So which choice do you think is the correct one?
Picking a waifu and staying by her side
>>
>>323619962
What about those frogs and lizards in darkroot? Or those plant things?

Seems like undeath claims most forms of complex life.
>>
>>323620017
>without hollowing

Only the undead become hollow. Andre isn't undead
>>
>>323620215

Not really, and when I said yes I should've said "very loosely, yes."
>>
>>323620017
that why i said its too videogamey, way to fuck yourself over champ.

>>323619997
doesnt answer my specific question

>>323619754
too scripted.

I dont like this kind of hostility towards simple questions and blank spots in the story. No need to feel superior and acting like this and you wonder why no one gives two fucks about the comminuty and your opinions. Started kinda nice but, now i dont really want to explore these points with you further. thank you, but no, thank you.
>>
>>323620245
both are the same but I want to believe you will kill the dark lord chosen undead in das3.
>>
>>323620213
>It is gonna explain all the giant bullshit from DaS2, possibly set between 1 and 2,

It might explain the Giant stuff from II, but Miyazaki made it clear that LOTS of people have kindled the flame, LOTS of cycles have passed to get to DSIII.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1200x938px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1200x938px
>>323618456
>Miyazaki wanted levels where there was roaming silver knights and you could sneak your way around
>had to scrap it because deadlines

I wished I could see what Dark Souls could have been if they didn't have time constrains.
>>
>>323620056
its possible that they arent though and that is what the other anon was saying i think.

just because the character uses a model which is human in game, doesnt mean they are actually human.

ciarin is not human because she chastises you for being human if you attack her.

she shouldnt do that if she was also a human.
>>
>>323579987
Souls, are you daft? Plus it's eastern storytelling which gets away with that better than western storytelling. it's less about the literal implication of why something exists and more so that it exists to invoke an emotion.
>>
>>323586261
good thing he died then
god help that place if he finished them all
>>
>>323620303
>Andre isn't undead
Source? Nobody but undead go to Lordran unless they have a specific reason. Even if he isn't, someone will show up and kill him eventually, a Dark Lord is inevitable.
>>
File: maldron the ass.png (236KB, 537x608px) Image search: [Google]
maldron the ass.png
236KB, 537x608px
>>323618060
>>323618998
You forgot the main star of the show.
The one and only.
>>
>>323620026
Those are Archtrees. Nito and the Witches are tearing them down in the opening. The dragons live on them and now Lordaren does too.
>>
File: 1418408628715.jpg (323KB, 800x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1418408628715.jpg
323KB, 800x1057px
>>323588725
I always assumed Marvelous Chester came from the Bloodborne timeline, but seeing as I haven't played Bloodborne, there might be something in the game that invalidates that theory.
>>
>>323620434
>too scripted.

But again, that's an odd thing, feel me? Do you have difficulty watching movies n' reading books n' shit? It's just an odd thing for you to ask "why did Artorias arrive just then and not later." You can apply such a concern to any story ever, follow? Why did Odysseus' wife's mother kill herself then instead of later? etc.

>>323619297
>what reason does the player have to kill stuff anyway

To not go hollow, to fulfill Oscar's request.

>Why not just sit down and forge weapons

To acquire souls.

>Without options you are forced into tropes and there is literally no reason for you to do any of this except for videogame

Ahh well DSII tried to remedy this by making it so as the first flame fades, humans are intrinsically drawn to it.
>>
>>323621035
He might not be from the Bloodborne timeline, but he's definitely a walking reference to bloodborne as a game, since the development of BB started around the time AotA was getting finished.
>>
>>323621035
Isn't he from Carim?
>>
Is bloodborne 60 FPS? Do we have any confirmation if the console versions of DS3 are going to be 60fps?

I will be fucking mad if from soft let another glitch related to the framerate pass by them
>>
>>323621035
The game was originally called Beast Souls. That might have been their plan and it got scraped.
>>
>>323619297
Well with the pendent we don't know. Maybe that was the best Anor Londo could do. Maybe Arty thought the pendent was good enough and overestimated himself. Whatever the reason Oolicile and the Abyss was something Anor Londo was freaking out about. Elizabeth was in total distress and Gough pretty much accepted that the world was doomed. Actually the form of greeting ended up changing after Oolicile. During Dusk's age the form of greeting and salutation was "may the Flames guide thee." But by the time you reach present day the form of greeting and salutation is now "Veror Nox." Which is latin for "Fear the night."

>How is Humanity connected to the Dark and is it important to protect yourself from it
All Humanity stems from a single source: the Dark Soul. The Futive Pygmy is the one responsible for the spread of the Dark Soul. While the other 3 Lords were busy with the Dragons, the Furtive Pygmy silently spread his Dark Soul among the other hollows. These became the first Humans and this is how the Dark Soul spread. So why is it important to protect yourself from it? Well the gods are weakened by Dark. Humanity and the Abyss are a goddamn nightmare to them. The Occult Rebellion was the first indication that Humans are a very serious danger to them. Which is why Oolicile NEEDED to be dealt with.

>So if the gods are the only ones affect by Dark, why should humans care
Because of Manus. Manus was causing the Humanity within the Oolicile residents to go out of control and mutate them into monsters. There is some some contention that Manus may be the Furtive Pygmy himself but overall that is the accepted conclusion. Regardless Manus left unchecked might have destroyed all of Oolicile himself.
>>
>>323621212
He has a crossbow. That's the only Carim reference.
>>
>>323621212
Yes he is.
>>
>>323620191
>implying thats a real dragon
>>
>>323620805
>It's fine to be Undead, but keep a level head, eh?
>Don't get yourself killed, neither of us wants to see you go Hollow.
Also, he doesn't disintegrate when killed.

It's not ironclad, I know, but I think those lines suggest that Andre himself is not an undead.
>>
>>323613878
Is there a name for these gifs?
I've seen a lot of JoJo ones
>>
Someone that played the King's field games, isnt there any other connection besides seath?
>>
>>323621242
>Is bloodborne 60 FPS
No.
>>
File: kira.gif (217KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
kira.gif
217KB, 500x290px
>>323621649
I'd also like to know the source.
>>
File: prototype_chester2.jpg (116KB, 1245x698px) Image search: [Google]
prototype_chester2.jpg
116KB, 1245x698px
>>323621361
The crossbows item description says "used by Carim snipers"

A bit more than a reference, no?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1024x1580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1024x1580px
>>323616390
>why did he fail and why do we succeed?

Because he doesn't get to try over and over again. Did you beat Manus on your first time?

I like how dying and respawing i part of the lore, even if respawing enemies don't make sense.
>>
>>323621242
No, confirmed 30, and what?
>>
>>323621846
AK-47s are favoured by Islamic militants but owning one doesn't make me a Jihadi.
>>
>>323621861
Enemies are undead too, and certain enemies don't respawn.
>>
>>323621257
Its working title was Project Beast, it never had 'Souls' in the name.
>>
>>323621993
He also fits the sinister "lore" of Carim. There is absolutely no reason for him to not be from there.
>>
File: 1437985701863.png (101KB, 2248x1459px) Image search: [Google]
1437985701863.png
101KB, 2248x1459px
Should I finally finish Demon's Souls? I never got farther than 2-2 (after doing 1-1, 1-2, and 2-1). and while I'm craving some new Souls stuff, I feel like DeS HD is an inevitability, and it's difficult going back to sub-30fps after doing 60 for the DaS 1 and 2..
>>
>>323619108
I do remember Nito being called god of death and disease. Might not be canon though, I cant recall exactly.

Anyway, assuming that everything before the first flame was everlasting, both dragons and humans and whatnot were immortal. So since Nito, the first of the dead, 'invented' death, all humans before that moment were immortal just like gods. It's not farfetched to think, that even before the first flame, humans with great power existed, perhaps not on par with dragons, but still godly strong. Gwyn's son, the old god of war, might have been incredibly strong, even surpass his father, until they found the first flame. Tactically sacrificing their new powers, they were able to bring down the dragons .

Im even thinking that they werent Hollows, but rather some sort of gods. Since they existed before the flame, and the undeads only started existing after the first fla,e
>>
File: image.jpg (403KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
403KB, 1136x640px
>>323622025
Yeah, but shit like snekmen aren't undead and still respawn.
>>
>>323593464

It means the titanite is alive and thus has properties different from normal titanite.
>>
>>323622306
dude, it's a fucking crime to not even do tower of latria or get to the swamp in the plague world. A FUCKING CRIME
>>
>>323622284
No evidence to contradict something does NOT mean that it's magically true. It makes sense, but it's still just a theory.
>>
>>323606874
>>323607740
>>323608309
>>323611619
>>323611001

Fucking Gold
I should start spoonfeeding.
>>
>>323622606
Like most everything in dark souls, yeah. That makes me think, is there a NPC character that uses a weapon from a different country than what they're from? Solaire uses an Astora's Straight Sword etc.
>>
>>323622761
le not spoonfeed memers are really sad
>LOL CANT REFUTE MY EPIC /A/A MEME XDDD
>>
>>323622564
I'm just being stubborn in trying to beat 2-2 because it's the second time I got this far. First time I got stuck on Flamefucker and didn't find the shortcut, second time I just got bored going back to stockpile Thomas since there is so much heavy shit to pick up there, and the bugbears take forever to kill and are unfun to "fight." I don't know, I just really don't like 2-2 but I feel like I have to beat it now.
>>
Old king alant is 2-quik-4-me what do i do
>>
>>323620213
DkS III is about the coming age of Ancients and hunting out the remaining lords of Cinder.
>>
Anyone else just kinda disregard Dark Souls 2 lore? It makes everything that happened in 1 seem pointless. And not like "it's a futile kind of pointless" like a "what the fuck was the point" kinda pointless.
>>
>>323587962
His body hollowed after his soul was consumed by the first flame. After Gwyn linked it to extend the age of fire, his body became host to the first flame. Hence the first flame's bonfire doesn't appear until after he's vanquished.
>>
>>323623003
become faster
>>
>>323622820
>Solaire uses an Astora's Straight Sword etc.
Is that a hypothetical example or are you saying that's true? He uses the Sunlight Straight Sword and IS from Astora.
>>
File: Ring_of_the_Evil_Eye.png (7KB, 80x90px) Image search: [Google]
Ring_of_the_Evil_Eye.png
7KB, 80x90px
Ring of the Evil Eye

>According to legend, this ring contains the spirit of the evil eye, a dark beast which assaulted Astora.

> The strength of the evil eye does not waver, and HP is absorbed from fallen enemies.

What's the dark beast? A dragon? What's the "spirit" of a being?
>>
>>323621903
DkS2 had the 60fps durability bug for the longest time until SotFS was released.
>>
>>323623003
git______________________________
gud___________
>>
>>323601516

Humans were not mistreated, they were surpressed and guided towards the light.

The true form of humanity isn't what you see in dark souls, what you are looking at are humans who have taken in souls of their own and been so ingrained with the idea that souls are life that they no longer even remember the purpose of their humanity.

This keeps them worshiping the lords, keeps them dependent on fire. Then you have Kaathe, who for some reason wants humans to abandon the fire and embrace their suppressed humanity through basically being a huge ass hole and stealing it from other humans. This is likely because the humanity in one place, the closer the dark soul is to being whole.

New Londo is said to be an undead city, seeing as it's underground and called "new" it is likely the first attempt at handling the undead.
>>
>>323587556
Hollow is the default state without a soul. The descendants of the three lords hollow if they lack a soul of light.

Humans, descendents of the furtive pgymy, hollow if they lack humanity, which is a fragment of the dark soul.
>>
>>323623130
but the meat cleaver is so slow
>>
>>323622995
fuck man, in all of my time playing demons, I never did flamlurker that early. You're not supposed to play the game in order like that dude, just fukcing explore and shit. Can't do flamelurker, go to another level. world 2 is literally, LITERALLY, the worst area in the entire game. just leave it alone
>>
>>323623108
Yeah, I felt it was a mess and don't consider it to be canon. I'm still really hoping 3 disregards it too, but I'm pretty certain it won't.
>>
File: beholder.png (537KB, 688x764px) Image search: [Google]
beholder.png
537KB, 688x764px
>>323623173
Souls Games borrow quite a lot from D&D, so it might have been something like a beholder.
>What's the "spirit" of a being?
THE SOUL
>>
File: 12323123E.png (60KB, 318x580px) Image search: [Google]
12323123E.png
60KB, 318x580px
>>323608701
>DS2
>>
File: 1425604681089.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1425604681089.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>we will never have a king of storms type boss again
>>
File: dragon_eye.jpg (87KB, 1238x496px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_eye.jpg
87KB, 1238x496px
>>323623602
Dragons don't have souls, and the eye on the ring is clearly a dragons eye
>>
>>323622995
>>323623364
man, I'm really sad you're so stuck on trying to hit up world 2. Do me a favor, completely forget about it. It's really the worst world, everything about it is. Go to latria, or world 5. they can be hit up after world 1 easily. I'm really sad you aren't enjoying the game because of something like this.
>>
>>323623173
The only thing I can think of is Kalameet, but I doubt it. It's probably just there to make you use your imagination and completely make up what you think it would look like.
>>
>>323623782
awww fuck mayne my cat is a god damn dragon
>>
>>323587517
Aren't the dragons basically the Titan analogs?
>>
>>323610237
Bruh that's concept art for the gutter, so it was at least partially realized. Look around with a torch and you can see pillars similar to it there
>>
>>323621846
>>323621035

What does Chester look like under the mask? If I took it off, would he die?
>>
>>323612098

>Completely wrong

So Gwyn and his knights were magically born right then and there? The Hollows had knights?

Anon it's clear a significant period of time before the lords found the lord souls.
>>
File: 1451968664863.jpg (17KB, 162x170px) Image search: [Google]
1451968664863.jpg
17KB, 162x170px
>>323623910
How could we be so foolish, dragons have been living amongst us all this time
>>
>>323623802
I will do it for you anon.
>>
>>323623684

Demon Soul bosses were cool the first time around, but after you figured them out they became very non-threatening. It would be cool if they could do gimmicks like that again while still preserving the challenge of actually killing them. Tower Knight is kinda good, even when you know you need to hit the ankles, it can still be a bit tough
>>
>>323614336

Everything came from the first flame
There for 4 lord souls interpreted as Death (Nito), Life (Izailith), light( Gwyn), Dark (Pygmy)
>>
>>323623268
This is not correct. Hollow is the default state without a soul AFTER the first flame. Humans do not decend from the furtive pygmy, undeads do.
>>
>>323624203
As far as we know the First Flame just suddenly existed at one point. From there the 4 Lord Souls were discovered, and the 3 powerful Lords divided what they had among the remaining hollows to create the knights, Daughters of Chaos, etc. Anything other than that is 100% speculation, and who's to say that that isn't what happened? Is it so unbelievable that this universe to just begin like that?
>>
>>323586593
>why would a god give up divinity for a lowly creature such as gwynevere
Amazing chest ahead.
>>
>>323623259
>Humans were not mistreated, they were surpressed

Yeah I clarified my thoughts shoulda followed the chain of replies holmes.

>The true form of humanity isn't what you see in dark souls, what you are looking at are humans who have taken in souls of their own and been so ingrained with the idea that souls are life that they no longer even remember the purpose of their humanity.
>This keeps them worshiping the lords, keeps them dependent on fire. Then you have Kaathe, who for some reason wants humans to abandon the fire and embrace their suppressed humanity through basically being a huge ass hole and stealing it from other humans. This is likely because the humanity in one place, the closer the dark soul is to being whole.
>New Londo is said to be an undead city, seeing as it's underground and called "new" it is likely the first attempt at handling the undead.

I remember discussing this with another anon a while ago. What you're talking about is the reason why in the past, the sayings are "<ay the flames guide thee," and "May the Lord guide thee." But in the present it becomes "Vereor Nox," which translates to "respect the light.
>>
>>323621681

Kalameet is based on Guyra or whatever his name is.
>>
>>323589913
>A similar thing is seen in the catacoms with skeleton babies being birthed through primordial cavern stone.

I wonder if that's the significance of the Doors of Pharros.

One of my favorite areas. The idea of these strange enigmatic doors just appearing naturally
Really makes you wonder.
>>
>>323624609
>humans do not descend from the furtive pygmy

nigga you wat

whole reason there are giants and humans is cause humans are pygmies

fucking retard
>>
>>323624648

The intro shows each lord going into the kiln, with the exception of Nito which looks like he's coming out of the ground.

No indication that they were hollows. I think the misconception is the idea that everything that's alive had to visit the Kiln as a hollow, when the first flame likely sent souls out at it's very birth.
>>
>>323618272

On that day, mankind received a grim reminder.
>>
File: 1447603885892.gif (213KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
1447603885892.gif
213KB, 296x296px
What do you guys think about the theory that all from games are connected? Even shit like Armored Core because of the few connected names like Tarkus and Patches. How DS2 has car wheels and Heinekens in the garbage piles.
According to the theory I guess a rough timeline would be:

Armored Core, Chromehounds, Metal Wolf Chaos
war leads to decimation of life as we know it and only hollows are left.
Time period where the intro of Demon's Souls and intro of DS1 takes place.
King's Field and Shadow Tower and one-off fantasy title shit happens.
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
>>
>>323585161
No faggot, stop reaching
>>
>>323578454

Where the fuck do you think he gets his titanite for the smithing he sells you?

It's a demon made of titanite.
>>
>>323625746

i like this for two reasons.

patches being alive through each of the souls games is nothing new to him since he has been around since for answer. he is one of the oldest living beings.

all the raven symbolism going on in the armored core games eventually leads to velka worship. since we always worship old things we no longer understand. and ravens were about killing the unjust.
>>
>>323625442
Humans already existed before the first flame or the dark soul being taken by the pygmy, you fucking edgelord
>>
>>323626580
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>323623173
they are Bloodborne beasts
>>
>>323614735

Painted guardians are likely descendants/splinter group, if that counts.
>>
>>323626841
They are not really lord blades.
>>
>>323626725
Of course he doesn't.
>>
>>323625746
>How DS2 has car wheels and Heinekens in the garbage piles.
wat
>>
>>323623782

It's the inverse of a dragon eye though
>>
>>323620763
That's very insightful, actually.
>>
>>323625746
I would like to think BB happens before DaS
with the phrase "Verenor Nox" referring to the night
the evil eye ring referring one of the beasts and that timeline during the ivory king where everything went a little chaotic and everything

so
DeS
BB
DaS
DaSII
DaSIII
?
>>
>>323578454

>STR build

>have to level faith to plat
>have to level INT to plat

fucking why
>>
I'm pretty sure the player character isn't fucking blind and can see the 10ft titanite demon
>>
>>323627268

In the pit or whatever on your way to fight Meato there are trash piles.

Someone notices a Heineken and tires in the texture. At the time it wasn't considered an easteregg, but a fuck up by B-team.
>>
>>323627480

Well maybe the CU thought it was statue, or perhaps friendly given it's proximity to Andre?

It's not like the CU has seen something like that before.
>>
>>323627526
Any images? I can't find any
>>
>>323580083
I only ever got that pole once and I thought it was cool as fuck
>>
>>323608701
You found the chink in my armor
>>
>>323627748
I literally googled "dark souls 2 wheel gutter" and found tons of images.
Is this what spoonfeeding causes?
>>
>>323627652
I don't know about you but I knew immediately it was a Titanite Demon because of the description for Demon Titanite that would sometimes appear on the loading screen.
>>
>>323626805
no
>>
File: 1445874330591.jpg (32KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1445874330591.jpg
32KB, 792x558px
>>323627863
>>
File: image_6.jpg (90KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
90KB, 500x667px
>>323627417
>not making a quality build on your first playthrough
You deserve it
>>
File: DS2_Heineken.png (294KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
DS2_Heineken.png
294KB, 620x348px
>B-Team fucking it up is a meme
>>
File: 1426374069450.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426374069450.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
At what moment did you realize that this game is fucking awesome? Applies to the other games if you played one of them first.
>>
>>323628457
What is that?
>>
>>323628702
Deep lore
>>
>>323628702
it looks like Heineken beer can

I assume it's in that..place that I can remember the name of, it has pillars of junk scattered about.
>>
File: heineken.jpg (12KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
heineken.jpg
12KB, 207x244px
>>323628702
>Heinekens
>>
>>323628507
Title scene in Demon's Souls.
>>
File: 1437984753721.jpg (1MB, 2554x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1437984753721.jpg
1MB, 2554x2000px
>>323628507
Still waiting for that realization lmao
>>
File: dragonshrine.jpg (70KB, 592x333px) Image search: [Google]
dragonshrine.jpg
70KB, 592x333px
>>323628507
>>
>>323628702
deepest lore aka a heineken can inside a texture placed there thinking thet nobody would notice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxWQbcc1jFo
>>
>>323626725
>>323627074

He actually didn't USE the dark soul for anything, or atleast its nowhere stated he did unlike the other 3. He passed it down for some unknown reason to his descendants. Thinking he somehow used it to create humans, is plain retarded.

Also to turn hollow, you must be undead. And for undead to have meaning, the concept of death must exist. And that happened AFTER nito got his lord soul.
>>
>>323629383
The dark souls IS humanity.
>>
>>323629383
And in the very opening sequence of the game, the only humanoid things to exist WERE HOLLOWS. The gods themselves were hollows.
>>
>>323629383
b8
>>
>>323628507
the first time I realized I could hit hollows from behind to perform a violent crit. I restarted tons of times trying new classes since it was hard, and I loved seeing most guys stab with a sword or whatever, then playing as a cleric and watching him just crush fuckers with the mace
>>
>>323627340
But Chester says he was dragged to the past, and he is clearly a Bloodborne reference.
>>
>>323629718
Yeah thats an asspull, Its not because humanity is a black sprite, that its somehow related to the dark soul. Nothing in the game backs that.
>>323629823
Nope. The humans that lived before the first flame, are now refered to as gods. Since they were immortal before they fucked themselves over trying to kill the dragons.
>>
So
>gray ash world with nothing but dragons
>suddenly the first flame
>hollows are created (?) and drawn to the first flame
>three hollows find lord souls and become Gwynn, Nito, and the witch of Izalith
>furtive pygmy finds another lord (?) soul but doesn't become a lord
>Gwynn, Nito, and witch stay in Lordran and kill dragons
>many years later, Humans are everywhere but Lordan
>the Dark Sign revives those who die as undead

Do I have this all straight so far?
>>
>knight artorias

>Resistances:
>Slash
>Blunt
>Magic
>Fire
>Lightning

How the fuck do you kill him then???
>>
File: 1449217074255.jpg (15KB, 338x402px) Image search: [Google]
1449217074255.jpg
15KB, 338x402px
>>323630793
Please stop
>>
>>323631119
You poke him to death
>>
>>323628507
Where could you apply those effects to screenshots?
>>
>>323630793
>Nothing in the game backs that.
Miyazaki himself LITERALLY confirmed it, and it's not even a fucking stretch. You still have no evidence to back up your retarded claims either.
>>
>>323631119
Hit him until he dies
>>
>>323631247
literally any photo-editing software with stock effects
>>
>>323630793
I really hope you're just fucking around.
>>
>>323631119
pierce
>>
>>323628507
Bell gargoyles
>>
>>323631232
lel, but apparently thats actually what youre supposed to do.
>>
>>323615690
arthur in latin
>>
>>323578454
Why would he cares about you? he is just a blacksmith, not your hero.
>>
>>323631871
nigga doesnt have many customers if he lets them run out the next door and die
>>
>>323628507
When i got lost and saw the Hydra.
>>
>>323631871
rude
>>
>>323631952
Well if he scares his clients they won't buy any weapon and just go home.
>>
>>323631276
He only confirms that they are related, nothing more. The game itself doesnt even do that.
>>323631378
No, it bothers you you cant prove me wrong.
>>
>>323625506
>>323624648

To be honest, we dont even have 100% certain Gwyn and his friends were the first ones to "claim" the first flame and become Lords.

It could happened several times before, but everyone failed to beat the dragons and stayed in the underground

I also assume that when someone goes into the kiln to sacrifices themselves and restart the cycle a new "first flame" just pops out somewhere to a hollow find and become a new king.
>>
>>323631119

Pick your favorite weapon and go against him. There is no cheesing artorias.
>>
>>323632076
>dark souls
>home
>>
>>323630959
>>furtive pygmy finds another lord (?) soul but doesn't become a lord
>>many years later, Humans are everywhere but Lordan
He found the dark soul which then split and gave to the rest of the hollows, making them humans
>>the Dark Sign revives those who die as undead
Anyone who becomes undead (branded by the dark sign) cannot die unless they become hollows again
>>
>>323632232
sounds good. but I can't believe someone has gave the only "cheesing" option as an answer (summon someone for some "jolly cooperation"). or can you not summon someone for his battle?
>>
>>323632095
>No, it bothers you you cant prove me wrong.

Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>323630959

Kinda. I think hollows existed before of the first flame though.

There are humans in Lordan too. The people of anor londo are the only ones who arent "human"

Not that it matter, they all are just the exact same hollow husks with souls. They are essentially human, but with a stronger source of power.
>>
File: 1423350651611.jpg (98KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423350651611.jpg
98KB, 960x720px
>>323632392
why the fuck would you cheese a challenging boss? put down the controller you twat if you dont want to play the game yourself
>>
>>323632095
No, he confirms that Humanity are fragments of the Dark Soul. Considering how stupid you're being and that you still aren't even attempting to prove your bullshit, I'm just going to assume you're a troll and move on.
>>
>>323618720

Yes but his only form of attack is yelling "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>323632392

You can summon, but really? I think i never summoned anyone except to hunt invaders. I love to be summoned and help people, though

In DaS2, i put my summon sing in front of Elana, got called by some random guy, had a hard time against her ( like, a very high ng+, the same host died 3-4 times), and after killing her, i rushed to Sinh. He summoned me again.

Pretty nice feeling to cooperate so much.
Thread posts: 520
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.