[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is it still shit? Or has it gotten better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: 34534543454.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
34534543454.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
So is it still shit? Or has it gotten better?
>>
if you mean "have they added half a game worth of content" then no
>>
>>323485068
Never thought it was shit to begin with. Just casual. Purposely casual for a wider audience. Nothing wrong with that. Just play other games if you don't like it.
>>
>>323485068
It's not really that it's shit, it's just got no depth because it's a casual game.

It's fun, but nothing makes you want to come back.
>>
>caring about jew wars
>caring about games done by EA
>caring about casual tier FPSgames with shitty netcode
>FPS
>>
Well it's still Battlefront, no DLC has came out yet. What could have even changed?
>>
>>323485237
>caring enough to post in a thread about things you supposedly do not care about

Heh, teenagers.
>>
>>323485354

Calm down, mister adult pants.
>>
It's alright, even good playing with friends. But I just don't understand the concept of making a multiplayer only game WITH NO FUCKING VOICE CHAT
>>
>>323485689
4chan is 18+. Everyone must be an adult by default lest they break rule 2.
>>
>>323485805
they literally said it was designed so an 8 year old could play it
www.cinemablend.com/games/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Wasn-t-Designed-Hardcore-Players-Developer-Says-103637.html

its the Splatoon situation all over again
>>
It was never shit, it had no bugs or outstanding problems. Probably the smoothest multiplayer launch in years. Just needed more content, which they haven't added the DLC stuff yet (or even revealed what any of it is).
>>
Complete flop on PC, but incredibly successful and popular on PS4.

What does that tell you about this game?
>>
I still don't understand why they didn't do anything with the clone wars. It was a larger, longer war that had 6 seasons of a show to explore and flesh out
>>
>>323488393
Because they're saving it for Battlefront 2 which will be $60 plus tip.
>>
>>323488680
But we had Battlefron 2, and it had Clone Wars content, plus like 10 more maps and a bunch more shit
>>
>>323485068
It's a good arcade shooter but it's name is completely wrong because it's a shadow of its former self. Also it's not worth $60
>>
>>323485068
For $20, it's good.
>>
>>323486336
I agree it's not a bad game itself, but what RA is doing with it, no content on release and shilling a season pass is what makes the game bad. No one wants to support such a shady game
>>
>>323487774
it's fucking shit
>>
>>323487774
it's multiplayer only which means people won't pirate it, and it's exclusive to Origin and PCucks refuse to suckle any teat that doesn't belong to gaben.

Apart from that it tells you nothing about the game.
>>
>>323485068
As of right now it has excessively glaring balance issues.

1) Imperials almost NEVER win Walker Assault.
2) Rebel fighters dominate the skys; both Xwings and Awings have shields that negate all blaster fire for a few seconds, the hitbox for the Awing is completely fucked up and makes it nigh unkillable, ground-based AA (read: infantry-usable ion torpedo) is worse air killer than the pulse rifle, a charge up sniper rifle, TIE fighters and Interceptors have useless speed boost which can't outrun anything, TIEs cannot outrun or out-turn even an Xwing
3) Some blasters are absolutely useless, some are absolutely dominant; DL44 kills in 2 hits up to 38 meters (which is a fuck huge distance considering engagement ranges in this game), on the other hand DLT19 which was pretty OP in the beta is now useless
4) The power-up system is still total garbage; all one has to do is camp in a certain spot and has a 33-50% chance of getting the power-up over and over and over again; most evident with vehicles and heroes; it's not uncommon to go an entire match without getting a vehicle powerup
5) Some of the star cards are absolute garbage or overpowered to the point of absurdity. Homing shot is a lock-on missile that targets infantry, kills in one shot unless the player has a perk that specifically counters it, and will track the entire map length. It has infinite flight time after being fired and will stay locked on until it hits something. Meanwhile smoke grenades and Ion grenades, scout pistol, cycler rifle have practically no use at all
6) The Millenium Falcon and Slave I are practically unkillable in Fighter Squadron unless half of your team is trailing them at once; the Slave I has almost no chance to kill the Millenium Falcon, but the Falcon can just use its shields and ram the Slave I for an instant kill while suffering no damage
7) AT-ST has almost no survivability.

I think all the game's problems stem from the removal of classes.
>>
>>323490460
the homing shot is the most glaring bullshit ever. Makes long range open encounters on Hoth basically unplayable.

I swear 99% of the time I get killed it's because of some camping faggot using homing shot. I almost gave up on the game (after about 12 hours, I got it for christmas), but I just unlocked the jump pack and it's maybe staved off boredom a little longer.

It needs some new fucking maps already and at a reasonable price. Impossible to recommend as it is.
>>
supposedly they are working on offline splitscreen but they are having dificulty. maybe its because they cant make an AI capable of playing?

also some of these issues need to be fixed before id even pay 20 dollars for it >>323490460
>>
>>323491039
Oh, you mean that thing that's been in the game since the beta and is in the full version already?

I'm sure glad you hold opinions on things you know jack fucking shit about.
>>
>>323491258
calm down man i meant according to what 'critics' would say.

they probably dont want to hear about how the AI by itself wouldnt be "as fun as against online people"
which isnt the point. Honestly the AI in BF and BF2 were.. clueless at times.
>>
>>323490460
removing classes, and making you have to grind (in a damned shooter game, no less) just to get equipment or customization parts are my biggest issues, i think.

Take out classes? Ok, well then at least give us more ways to outfit our character.

I really dont get what was so complicated about having classes, they do it in their own Battlefield games and in the old Battlefronts. can casuals not grasp the concept?
>>
>>323485068
did they add more free content besides jakku? no then no its still shit
did they fix all the inaccuracies that anyone who saw the movies could spot? no, then its still shit
did they fix the gameplay? No, then its still shit.

I can not believe we still can not get a accurate star wars game
>>
>>323487774
That the fact that the game was advertised a lot for the ps4 made people think it was an exclusive.
>>
File: 1402267031442.png (1017KB, 665x663px) Image search: [Google]
1402267031442.png
1017KB, 665x663px
>EA has exclusive access to all Star Wars games for the foreseeable future

Th..thanks Disney.
>>
>>323492182
Also I love the fact customisation just lets you stick a head of a white/black/asian/latino guy with different hair style.

Also, what stopped them from giving us droids?

They were baller
>>
>>323485252
If you want to get technical the Jakku map was released for free and it's gorgeous.
>>
Do people really think Dice is going to change the game at all? I'm sure they've already made their money and people who didn't like the game to start with will never be pleased even if they did change shit.
This game was made for normies to buy who are dragged into the star wars hype. The kind that buy a game, play for a few hours, and shelf forever.
>>
File: 1433610784886.jpg (22KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1433610784886.jpg
22KB, 400x303px
>>323485237
>hating FPS
sorry we all cant be a bunch of weeb dunging and dragons faggots like you
>>
The visuals are amazing. They nailed the Star Wars aesthetic. The gameplay is passable. If they just wouldn't have tried to jew us all it would have been great
>>
>>323490460
This sums it up.
Also like to add that killing air units is pointless. Since once one is killed, a new spawn point reappears immediately.

>7) AT-ST has almost no survivability
Depends how you use it. It's best used as an ant-air unit, keeping your back to a wall.
>>
>>323486184
At least Splatoon had the excuse of being on the WiiU
>>
Are there any games where you get to make your own lightsaber and then use it?
>>
>>323494206
Jedi Academy does exactly this.
>>
>>323494206
Jedi Academy
The KOTOR games
SWTOR
>>
File: clp71.jpg (83KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
clp71.jpg
83KB, 800x600px
>>323494206
>>323494346
>>
File: 1402267031442.png (699KB, 650x658px) Image search: [Google]
1402267031442.png
699KB, 650x658px
>>323485068

>This shovelware sold 12 million copies

Gaming is dead.
>>
>>323489502
>it's multiplayer only which means people won't pirate it

How does that affect its sales?
>>
>>323494206
Force Unleashed and FU2.
>>
>tfw I got this free with the PS4 bundle
>playing a shooter on a console
I'm so torn, it looks so good visually and plays decently, but Id rather be playing on my PC, but I don't want to have to use shit like Origin or buy it again, and Pirating will take away the ONLY reason to play it
>>
>>323494654
Using a controller is sub-par. But getting kills is hardly done with your blaster. About 10% of your kills are done with them, the others while you are overpowered in a vehicle or a an hero. The rest of the time you are just footfodder to be killed by others with a power up.
>>
>>323494459
Gaming isn't dead, it's bigger than ever. It's just not catering to your taste anymore since you're not the target audience of these games.
>>
>>323495050
>being this bad
>>
>Real Battlefront III
>Imperial Commando
>Rouge Squadron IV
>new X-Wing game
>new Podracer game
>1313
>the Darth Maul game

Id litterally buy any and all of these as soon as the came out. but we get AutisticBirds:Star Wars and CasualFront.
hell whats next, MoistureFarmville?
>>
>>323485068
If i can pilot a y wing then I'll reconsider it
>>
File: 1426123999027.jpg (11KB, 314x267px) Image search: [Google]
1426123999027.jpg
11KB, 314x267px
>>323495694
>new X-Wing game
I will give anything for this.
As long as it requires a joystick. A fool's hope.
>>
File: inigo.png (230KB, 580x377px) Image search: [Google]
inigo.png
230KB, 580x377px
>>323494459
>shovelware
>>
>>323486052
yea aight
>>
>>323486184
yeah but at least PS4 and xbone have different chat options
>>
File: maneuver chart ILM.jpg (46KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
maneuver chart ILM.jpg
46KB, 600x412px
>>323495896
but anon why would you want to fly a silly bomber? xddd the ekswing is the fighter that killed the deathstar!

Fuck it all i love the Y wing but it turned to shit an BF2 and i havent played Rouge Squadron of the X-wing/TIE fighter games.

>i hoped VII would have the same old Y-wings kicking ass after all these years still
>im hoping the Rouge One movie has some Y-wings in it, then aybe theyll make a new Lego set of them so i can finally get one without paying 200 bucks

also, i wish you could get Shadows of the Empire on the Virtual console. or better yet, a remaster in HD.
>>
>>323493931
We still don't know what comes with the DLC though. So maybe we can stay optimistic?
>>
>>323494459
Battlefront is just a really casual game, and consoles are bigger than ever
>>
>Beta Battlefront`s AT-STs
>Could withstand a considerable ammount of damage
>Even on Hoth, an open map, it was still tanky enough so you could last a good ammount of time if skilled enough
>Fun as hell to use

>Current Battlefront`s AT-STs
>Shows yourself up on the enemy`s view on Hoth
>Missile incoming
>Missile incoming
>Missile incoming
>Missile incoming

Ion Torpedoes make the AT-ST the most expendable vehicle to ever exist. At least when you fight higher level enemis they usually just skip the Torpedo for the Jetpack, but on low level play this shit gets spammed nonstop its not even funny.

also

>Leaving an AT-ST makes it explode immediately afterwards

DICE is fucking retarded
>>
>>323485181
Might as well make the next ARMA game call of duty, nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: 1332536296557.jpg (43KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
1332536296557.jpg
43KB, 475x360px
I'm waiting for it to hit $30 but I'm afraid it'll be dead by then
>>
>>323495694
I'd suck a dick for 1313
>>
>>323496743
>fucking homing shot
So much bullshit and everyone has it
>>
>>323496605
Confirmed NOT to be DLC:
no space
no new movie content

I think the DLC will be lackluster. And the suits are happy enough with the sales numbers already, so they moved the team to the next project: a Force Awakens stand alone battlefront. There is NO movie tie-in game and that is going to be it. Hence why they rushed this game.
>>
>>323496835
Shoulda bought it when it was $26 from Origin Mexico.
>>
>>323496743
There were hella bad balance problems in the beta, so it's probably just overcompensation
>>
>>323496918
Homing shot is ultra bad though.
>>
>all these scrubs having issues with homing shot

There's no map where finding any object to be between you and the missile is hard. Half the fucking time you can dodge that shit by sprinting and jumping. People on /v/ can't be this bad at a casual shooter, can they?
>>
>>323496830

call of duty is already very casual.
>>
>>323496948
Yeah i would've rather had them wait and make the game quality rather than rushing it and then charging us for cut content
>>
>no Imperial Commando or First Order Commando
>no Rogue Squadron collection or 3DS port
>no new Jedi Knight game
>no new real Battlefront
>no Star Wars Smugglers
>>
>>323490460
>4) The power-up system is still total garbage; all one has to do is camp in a certain spot and has a 33-50% chance of getting the power-up over and over and over again; most evident with vehicles and heroes; it's not uncommon to go an entire match without getting a vehicle powerup
>5) Some of the star cards are absolute garbage or overpowered to the point of absurdity. Homing shot is a lock-on missile that targets infantry, kills in one shot unless the player has a perk that specifically counters it, and will track the entire map length. It has infinite flight time after being fired and will stay locked on until it hits something. Meanwhile smoke grenades and Ion grenades, scout pistol, cycler rifle have practically no use at all
which is why they should have had a class based shooter with vehicle spawns and no fucking tokens.

>>323493113
>Also, what stopped them from giving us droids?
same reason no episode 7 content because it would require them to make more models and they were already being lazy with the 4 we got
>>
>>323490881
>>323490460
Here's the thing about the homing shot:
If you hide behind something like a barrier or a rock or in a trench, then you can avoid the homing shot altogether. Honestly, homing shot is not that big of a deal.

Ion grenades can be used against vehicles. There's a use for it. It literally says it on the card. One of my hands is all ion stuff for damaging the walker in WA.

As for everything else, i agree somewhat.
>>
>>323493931
>The visuals are amazing. They nailed the Star Wars aesthetic
they nailed the look, but they obviously never watched the movies so many simple mistakes anyone who saw the movie would know is wrong.
>>
>>323498289

Such as what?

I just noticed the ships and walkers are not the right scale.
>>
>>323494206

Nearly every Star Wars game in recent memory regarding Jedi.
>>
>>323495694

Oh, you'll eventually get things close to that.

Either build on Frostbite or that TOR engine.

Can't imagine how much EA shelled out for that license but they'll do their best to use in-house assets and shitty, bastardized teams as much as possible. Don't expect anything good or worthwhile.
>>
I think the game needs to be balanced like it was in the beta. It was perfect the way it was. But then little babby rebels started crying about how they never win. So then EA made rebels EZ mode and now imperials never win. The rebels could literally wait until the final section with two walkers that have good health and still pull a win out of their ass. All they need is a decent speeder pilot.
>>
>>323496835

By the time the core game/DLC releases get down to the "EA Sale" price of 60 dollars the community is going to be a fucking ghost town.

It's why I don't fuck with Origin.
>>
>>323496830
Battlefront was hardly ever a simulation. It was always an arcadey action game.

BattlEAfront could be great if it,
1. ) Had more content
2. ) Was balanced by people who actually play games

I'd kill to have DICE LA take over Battlefront's post launch support.
>>
>>323498692
storm troopers are not EVER allowed to take of their helmets. If they wanted to customize storm troopers they could have just done something that might still be canon like paint signifying what unit your a part of, for example the 501st have blue markings.
Storm troopers are not allowed to choose their loadout, a simple fix for this would be your weapon chooses what armor you wear, you pick to use a sniper you are wearing scout trooper armor.
They can remove classes but they did not even try to be accurate to star wars when doing so.

Storm troopers wear helmets that distort their voices EVERY and I mean every other game movie and show do it right, yet EA decided to screw something so simple up.

DL-19s are the first blasters you ever see in episode 4 they are single fire blasters with a decent recoil, Battlefront? one of the fastest guns in the game.

Tie fighters on hoth, if you watched the movies the reason they use AT-ATs is because the shields would not let the tie fighters in.

Star destroyers visible on hoth, you played the game and saw the movie see that big nipple canon? that is an ion canon the reason why in the movies the star destroyers are not visible orbiting hoth is because if they got to close the ion canon could destroy them and they could not do anything due to the shields.

There is a ton of shit like this most just require watching the movie something I guess Dice was to busy to do.
>>
>>323498289
Besides shit like luke having his black suit and green saber on Hoth and the helmetless stormtroopers there's not much wrong
>>
>>323499576
I just listed a bunch of shit here
>>323499504
and I could list even more but most people who do not give a fuck will just hand wave it as autism even though I am not even going much beyond what the movies tell us.

I will list one interesting one I found while look on star wars fan sites, the darth vader they use in game is specifically ROTJ vader the only difference is the helmet
>>
>>323499267
Most games on PC are a ghost town after 3-6 months anyway. Honestly if you wanna wait for the dlc and and get matches consoles are the best way to go.
>>
>>323499576
guns using ammo is both EU canon, new canon and movie canon yet EA decided overheating was better. EA got a lot wrong but it is minor stuff the problem is they got so much minor stuff wrong it becomes a huge issue.
>>
>>323499918
I'm sorry but it is autism m80.
>>
>>323500317
that's a lie

literally name 1 recent shooter that's dead on PC (not any of the CoD games)
>>
>>323501126
for wanting a game accurate to the source material, sorry I am not a mega casual who will slurp up any game with star wars in the title. If you are perfectly fine with missing the point of the battle of hoth you have to be a casual fan.
>>
>>323501428
>implying Star Wars is for anything but casuals now

Disney bought it. It's over. The casuals have won.
>>
File: info-logo.png (225KB, 489x528px) Image search: [Google]
info-logo.png
225KB, 489x528px
>>323501198
The Mean Greens
Titanfall
>>
>>323501549
Titanfall was dead on release
>>
I heard they're adding space battles. Is this true /v/? If so then I may need this game. GOTY edition, of course, and once it goes on sale.
>>
>>323494459
You people literally use words while having exactly zero knowledge of their actual meaning.
>>
>>323501535
It was always a casual film even before disney, but it seems like casuals today are even worse. Casuals during the battlefront 1 and 2 games even complained about inaccuracies, now casuals will just hand wave any problem as autism.
>>
>>323487774
Don't forget the PS4 bundle that came with the game.
>>
>>323495694
>Imperial Commando

News of this being cancelled made me legitimately angry.

>and it's exclusive to Origin and PCucks refuse to suckle any teat that doesn't belong to gaben.

More like it has 0 content and is a shoddy game where success is based almost solely on luck.
>>
>>323494451
what does the RGB stand for?
>>
>>323505129
Red, Green Blue.
>>
>>323498103
The issue is Homing shot has, according to stat wizards on the EA BF forums, a .47 second lock-on and fire speed; it takes something like .30 seconds to prepare/ADS, and another .17 seconds to lock-on. That is an astouding TTK that beats out all but one blaster at point blank range. Not to mention if you use a jump pack to dodge the missle, it will arc UP and eventually BACK AROUND to you thanks to its limitless flight time.

Obviously putting yourself behind a rock or something negates it, but on wide-open maps like Hoth or the sides of Jakku, it's completely unavoidable. It needs a finite range, a slower lock-on to keep it from beating blasters at point blank range.

As for Ion Grenades, the issue with it is that there aren't enough uses for it. You have ATSTs which spawn intermittently for Imps, and you need a smidgen of luck to get close enough to one to use the grenade on it, and getting close to a walker is kind of a pain in the ass since all the Imps spawn around it all the time. Not to mention the second someone using a turret sees a grenade sail towards them they just jump out of the turret. Why use Ion grenades when the risk/reward ration is skewed so much towards risk, whereas the Ion Torpedo is practically no risk at all AND has (admittedly limited) use against aircraft?

Ion grenade is useless, sorry.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.