[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>can't fight for shit >has stupid as fuck motives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: skullface.jpg (84KB, 1000x1000px)
skullface.jpg
84KB, 1000x1000px
>can't fight for shit
>has stupid as fuck motives
>dies like a bitch
>wears a stupid fucking Phantom of the Opera mask for no reason
>cheesy and badly delivered lines
>looks more like a rejected Superman villain than a Metal Gear character

Is Skull Face the worst Metal Gear villain ever?
>>
>>323429047
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO are you referring to? :)
>>
He was fine, I don't understand why this sub hates him so much.
>>
>>323429047
>wears a stupid fucking Phantom of the Opera mask for no reason

I believe the reason is the marks around the eyes, like quiet and code talker, that came as a result of parasites therapy.
>>
>>323429047

>Is Skull Face the worst Metal Gear villain ever?

Without a doubt.
>>
>>323429047

Its a ZORRO Mask, Pleb! because Zorro is Spanish for FOX!
>>
Hot Coldman is pretty lame.
>>
He's better than Volgin who couldn't even be the main villain in his own game and the extent of his character is being a faggot
>>
>>323429047
>Is Skull Face the worst Metal Gear villain ever?

I would say Hot Coldman, just for his name.

Honestly, all the things they changed for localization and they left THAT intact? At least call him Mr. Chillington or something.
>>
Skull Face came the closest of any Metal Gear villain bar Ocelot (Who actually won) to achieving their goals

He literally had Zero, Big Boss and Diamond Dogs all beat but got cucked by Liquid at the last possible second
>>
>>323429559
Volgin's my favourite because he has zero redeeming characteristics and he just wants power.

Sometimes grey morality isn't the best way to go. Sometimes I just need a villain I can hate without having to feel sorry for them.
>>
>>323429047
He was badass in ground zeroes. In tpp he was just a let down.
>>
>>323429559
lol no. Volgin's screen time was better by far than skull faces.
>>
>>323429695
The problem with Volgin is that he was a fucking joke. He was surrounded by triple agents and had no possible way to actually win. He was so fucked that The Boss and Ocelot ended up taking over
>>
I was hoping for a CQC fistfight encounter with Skull Face reminiscent of the Snake/Liquid Ocelot MGS4 fistfight.

A rusted fucked-up Zeke / Sahelanthropus fight would've been cool, too.
>>
>>323429660
>He literally had Zero, Big Boss and Diamond Dogs all beat
Y'see that's the flaw with powering your Super Fighting Robot with a 12 year old.

Also; not even then. While he did outmaneuver Zero: he did dick all to Diamond Dogs. The parasites were stopped and they only affected certain members taken from Africa.
Venom whipped through the heart of his central command either with vengeful prejudice to cause Skullface to flee or enough stealth skill to catch Skullface off guard. That's when Skullface took him on a ride and explained his evil plan. And THEY DIDN'T EVEN TAKE HIS GUNS AWAY!!! At any point he could have broken out and started trying to kill him.

And Skullface, knowing Mantis' power was like a resonator: didn't instantly try to kill Venom when The Man on Fire started acting odd, and Sahelanthropus went out of control.

No matter how you look at it: Skullface fumbled the ball, and the only way that ending could be saved is if that was a big rant to gestate English strain parasites that he was carrying and spread them Venom.
>>
>>323429047
hot coldman was the worst
>>
File: bell.jpg (2MB, 2216x3754px) Image search: [Google]
bell.jpg
2MB, 2216x3754px
I actually liked him
>>
>>323430569
The only good audiotape.
>>
>>323430386
Every Metal Gear villain does that kind of stuff, though

Pretty much the entire story is built off of its villains doing stupid shortsighted stuff so the protagonist can continue
>>
>almost no character development before mission 30, not counting GZ
>jeep ride was not even a well crafted cutscene, had XOF soldiers for no reason everywhere, hypest track playing when nothing happens
>his death wasn't special, even when Venom and Miller shooting part was nice
>Skull Unit was meh
I just feel sorry for him. GZ should've been chapter 1 instead of just having "MGSV" in its name.
>>
>>323430615
It was good but literally retarded when you can hear time slowing down as he throws it.

Was probably going to be a normal cutscene imo.
>>
>>323430907
I thought he threw it down a flight of stairs in the house you find codetalker in. So it started to slow down but was still out of reach.
>>
>>323429047
>>wears a stupid fucking Phantom of the Opera mask for no reason

Wait, the guy with the mask in Phantom Pain is Skull Face from Ground Zeroes?
>>
I really liked Skullface tbqhwyf. My main complaint is that he was barely in the fucking game, but admittedly that whole jeep scene was fucking atrocious. GZ built him up to be really creepy with the waterboarding tape but then in Phantom Pain he's really flamboyant and overly theatrical. Don't get me wrong, that kind of villain can be a lot of fun, but it's really jarring when GZ built him up to be so sinister. The scene where Metal Gear was holding him was GOAT, the actor was hamming it up like crazy but it was great.
>>
>>323431009
It might not be that part actually but I swear it happens in that tape and it's just silly.
>>
>>323430650
>But the hero has to win so nevermind how the villain downfall happens
Yes there's usually a betrayl somewhere in the villain's powerbase or intercession of unknown forces that allows their endgame to crumble. But what sets the other villains apart is they don't have everything crumble at once and die like a bitch without a fight.

Still in spite of that the claim Skullface took out Zero, Diamond Dogs, and Big Boss is just horseshit, he didn't do any of the three really, and there's no indication he's aware Venom isn't BB.
>>
>>323431248
I was born in a small village
>>
>>323431320
He literally turned Zero into a potato
>>
I've probably said it before but literally one of the worst things any game can do is deny the player a fight with its main antagonist. So many games did it and the only one where it arguably worked was the first Bioshock.
>>
you dont even get his gun
>>
It's sad that the only good story parts of MGSV are a handful of audiotapes. And I'm not talking about those fucking Hamburger tapes.
>>
>>323429172
You're trying too hard.
>>
Skullface in GZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZ-OdxcB80

Skullface in TPP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XidoSkgMgw

WHAT
WENT
WRONG
>>
>>323431486
>his gun
Engravings give you no tactical advantage whatsoever.
>>
>>323431531
The burger tapes were the only ones worth listening to.
>>
>>323431667
yea, thats why i want to use it.
fucking style.
if i wanted practicality then i would use the guns they give me
>>
>>323431430
Sure did. He crippled him and made him a vegetable by 2014. But it was YEARS after his infection. Which gave Zero enough time to set up all the contingencies he needed which included one that thwarted Skullface and in a fundamental way changed the world.

He couldn't have put a transponder or cyanide or a cocktail of hundreds of infectious disease on the pin?
>>
>>323429047
>>has stupid as fuck motives
They actually were pretty interesting.
>>
>>323431683
Shit taste confirmed
>>
>>323431849
>HATE ENGLISH
>>
>>323431849
Once the English language takes over the whole world and destroys everyone elses cultures people will praise Skull Face as the man who did nothing wrong just like Solidus
>>
>>323431849
In what way?
>>
>>323431667
>>323431740
I wanted his gun because seeing it held by BB in teasers I assumed it would be a sidearm.

Because for some reason MGSV decided I can't carry both a shotgun and an assault rifle unless they're tied together.
>>
>>323429047
Was it that hard to make him so he:
>Had a semi-reasonable motive
>Died in a cool way
>Had shot us instead of taking us for a ride
>Spoke in a realistic way
>Didn't have that dumb get-up
>Could at least use CQC or something

I want to say that Armstrong was the worst Metal Gear villain ever, but this guy takes the cake. Worst thing, he was cool in Ground Zeroes.
>>
>>323431906
I'm so amused by Codetalker because even though he keeps going on about how great the parasites are for the preservation of languages: there's no goddamn way they're a "deterrent" unless they do exactly what Skullface wanted.
>>
Reminder that Skull Face isn't the main villain of MGSV
>>
>>323432046
Shutup Huey.
>>
File: 2016-01-10_00011.jpg (131KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-10_00011.jpg
131KB, 1600x900px
What did he mean by this?

'TIS TREASON THEN! T8-TR!
>>
>>323431351
I was just a child when we were raided by soldiers.
>>
Wouldn't you agREEEEEE?
>>
Ahh the daily MGSV hate thread. Daily reminder that nostalgiafags are cancer killing video games.
>>
>>323432157
Huey didn't betray anyone
>>
>>323432271
>Le "nothing has changed, it's just your nostalgia" meem

Sod off
>>
>>323432403
Kill yourself nostalgiacancer.
>>
>>323432157
Huey's a piece of shit, and he wasn't taking any of his attitude.
>>
Did Huey piss himself when Skullface threw him off staircase?
>>
>>323432363
Also Skullface killed Strangelove and then she killed herself.
>>
REMEMBER THE ALAMO
>>
>>323432805

If only Huey had been there, then he could have saved her if not for Strangelove locking herself inside in such a way that Huey couldn't open the hatch to save her despite his desperate efforts.
>>
File: 1349465742894.png (99KB, 237x481px) Image search: [Google]
1349465742894.png
99KB, 237x481px
>Ten minutes straight of Skullface talking nonsense at you with absolutely no reaction from Big Boss, who instead spends the entire ride playing Mother Base Tetris on his phone and trying to rotate the camera to see if he can look up Skullface's nostrils
>Skullface accidentally finishes his speech several minutes early and has to reach over to turn on the radio to fill the gap
>WHOOAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOO

Was it the worst cutscene in the franchise? I'd take TTS' missile flips over this.
>>
>>323433609

It wasn't even a cutscene, it was a lame attempt to mix narrative with the gameplay.
>>
>>323434463

It's a cutscene in the way that it removes meaningful control from the player to focus on dialogue or the environment. Not all cutscenes have cool prebaked camera angles or slo-mo actiony bits. Unless you're saying that Half Life 2 doesn't have any cutscenes because you can jump around and throw boxes while locked in the room that the other characters are talking in until they finish.
>>
>>323433609
>>323434463
>>323434684

But guys, Metal Gear has always had camera control and non-responsive Snakes being talked at by the villain in a torture scene.
>>
>>323433120
>>323432805
>>323432363
Get back in the boat Huey.
>>
How do nuclear deterrents that nobody knows about work?
>>
>>323431275
It does happen. They have that same sound effect as when time slowed down for the quiet helicopter cutscene
>>
>>323431459
As much as I fucking hated this game, I kinda like how they finished skull face. I think the point was for it to be an unsatisfying form of revenge
>>
>>323437554
I got that. If it was movie it would have been fine but the structure of a video game doesn't lend itself to that sort of thing. The confrontation with the main antagonist should be the climax of the game. It might have been okay if Chapter 2 offered a decent climax instead but... well, you know.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.