[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Borderlands 1: when does it get good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 22

File: header.jpg (45KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
45KB, 460x215px
I just entered Sledge's mine. Is the whole game basically what it's been so far?

Feels like a offline mmorpg shooter grindfest with incredibly uninteresting world, lore, character and quests.

Please tell me this gets better.
>>
>>323333562
You're supposed to play it with someone and use it as an excuse to hang out. Playing this alone is fucking boring.
>>
Yeah it's basically the same thing for 20 hours or whatever. Its only merit is co-op with a few buddies, but theres a lot of other, better games you could be playing.
>>
>>323333952
>>323333957

thanks. i'm playing pc version, so no local co-op.

guess i'm uninstalling this shit. how did it receive so much praise?
>>
>>323334132
It was fun to play in co-op
>>
>>323333562
the story is pretty lackluster to the point where there is almost no story at all. The game picks off during the second to last chapter. When you meet Atlas.

it is fun though and all the DLCs are fun too.
>>
>>323334132
Beats me.

I played it on release and it was so fucking boring and easy I had to quit. I got about 10 hours in, and I put the difficulty all the way up. There was still no fear of me ever dying.
Now the enemies just had 5 times as much health and I put dozens of rounds into their faces before they would die.

There only being one ability was a fucking stupid idea, and one that I can only chalk up to consoles having limited buttons and the average player not knowing how to use abilities.
>>
>>323333562
>I bought a game that was supposed to be played with friends but since I have no friends I play it alone and therefore its shit

no shit sherlock
>>
>>323333562
It gets better once you start fighting enemies that drop more loot. Circa around Old Haven I think. Do the main quests first, so the story can advance, if you get bogged down by sidequests early on the game is much more boring.

Plus you only get better weapons later on. Some of the legendary weapons can make the game really fun due to how overpowered they are against certain enemies. Like the Volcano, the Hellfire, and the Pestilent Defiler causing ridiculous amount of multiple stacks of elemental damage. Or the Orion which ricochets each bullet from the ground into three electric explosive shots.

The entire game is about playing missions for better loot, which makes it more and more fun to do missions, and allow you to do harder missions, which drop better loot, and repeat.

And like others said, the game is the most fun in co-op.
>>
>>323337382
>>323335734
>>323333952
I played co-op with a friend up to the exact same point OP got to and we both quit. There's a ton better co-op games out there.
>>
>>323333562
My major gripes with this game are:
-A wonky PC port with a nauseating FOV
-Not a whole lot of variety.

And even then it's probably the best out of the series. Yeah 2 and TPS have more stuff, but those games have terrible loot and the NPC dialogue constantly gets in the way. I'll take the barebones story of BL1 over the other two any day of the week.
>>
>>323336419

>put the difficulty all the way up

You couldn't do that in the original.
>>
>>323338985
I think I had to use a mod to make the game think there are more players, like Killing Floor
>>
>>323333562
Borderlands 1 is boring lifeless trash, play 2.

>b-b-but 2 is filled with memes
If memes trigger you then consider suicide.
>>
I played it all in 4 player co-op and it was a blast

no way would I suffer through this solo though, no chance
>>
I've always had a love/hate relationship with the Borderlands series.

The shooting can be really fun once it gets going and some of the characters can be quite amusing. Also I love the idea of having a selection of distinct characters with different skills.

However there is just so much fucking wrong with this series, primarily in BL2 and TPS. Off the top of my head:
-The loot you get is fucking terrible. I got better loot from the vending machines in TPS than I did the final boss even on TVHM. Also whoever thought it was a good idea for bosses to drop skins instead of actual loot is a fucking retard. At least make the skins have some fucking passive bonuses. Oh and if you're gonna have like 50 car skins at least make the cars not handle like a floating ass
-There's too many things in the game that are designed to waste your time. TPS is the worst offender with it's plentiful array of annoying characters that talk way too fucking much (Pickles, Nakayama, Gladstone, Nina, The Merrif, pick your poison). Not only that, there are too many missions where something "goes wrong" and you have go ALL THE WAY to the other side of the map to progress the quest.
-Weapon manufacturers really make a huge chunk of the weapons not useful. In Borderlands 1 I never thought "Oh fuck it's a [manufacturer], goddammit", whereas in 2 there are a lot of guns that are useless due to the manufacturer trait - Jakobs ARs, Dahl Snipers, Hyperion Snipers etc. (And Bandit as a whole can't even hold a candle to S&S Munitions).
-The "humor" and writing is, for the most part, pretty fucking terrible. It wouldn't be so bad if you could skip dialogue, but no, it's so good it's worth listening to at least twice.

I just want a good Borderlands game, why is that so fucking hard to do?
>>
>>323339241
>I think I had to use a mod to make the game think there are more players, like Killing Floor

Yeah, I used to play it like that. It doesn't help because in early game it just makes bruisers have so much HP that you run out of bullets, and in late game you have weaponry that can murderize anything regardless of HP.
>>
File: Lance Assassin.jpg (133KB, 1600x751px) Image search: [Google]
Lance Assassin.jpg
133KB, 1600x751px
>There will never be Lance Assassin rule 34
Too bad Athena can't look like the Lance Assassins in Knoxx's Armory
>>
>>323340384
Maybe that was the issue then. I just feel like I had to shoot things for fucking ages for them to die. It was boring because there was zero challenge and it felt tedious.
>>
>>323333562
Borderlands 1 is set on a barren world called Pandora. It's basically a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

The other Borderlands games are theme parks that drag you from spectacle to spectacle.
>>
>>323340590
>I just feel like I had to shoot things for fucking ages for them to die.

Do headshots.
>>
Any guaranteed way to get a rare or legendary weapon when single playering? I usually have a Combustion Hellfire SMG by the time I reach New Haven when I co-op, but single player I'm way past that and my guns are still relatively shit.
>>
>>323340830
That's what I mean, I would need to dump a mag and a half into something's face for it to die.
Shooting them in the body took almost twice as long
>>
File: 1Q0QjT8.jpg (170KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1Q0QjT8.jpg
170KB, 960x960px
Todd Howard's Fallout does Borderlands better.
>>
>>323340830
>Those 2 giant elemental skags outside the mine where you beat the first roid rage guy
Go ahead, spend hours kiting them, they're not going to open their mouths.
>>
You get much more satisfying weapons further in the game
>>
File: 1447471744669.jpg (312KB, 405x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1447471744669.jpg
312KB, 405x1063px
Borderlands is a very bland game, that does the same thing since the beginning to the very end.
That being said, it's my favorite game of all time. I beat it 18 times and clocked hundreds of hours fucking around in the game, or just testing out the calculator gear.
I fucking hate Burchlands 2, and everyone who thinks it's a good game is a fucking shitter with no sense of taste
>>
i have played through it three times, going on fourth, because its a relatively fun diablo as an fps, something to chill and shoot things for a few hours after work.

what you see is pretty much what you get, if it's not what you're looking for then that aint going to change, no reason to waste your time on it.
>>
>>323341849
Why
>>
>>323341849
I've played through Borderlands 1 only a few times and it is quite fun, however it's got some issues on PC and if I try to fix the FOV I think my aiming gets screwed a little. If we could get the overall style and gameplay of BL1, with the variety of BL2 and the gameplay of TPS (but without the abysmal loot) that would be great.
>>
BL1 > BL2 > BL TPS

Borderlands 1 had best environments, guns, drop rate & minimal cut-scenes. I'll always regard it to be the best in the series.
>>
>>323333562
>Please tell me this gets better.
yeah when you start to feel like a killing machine. not for everyone though, better in co-op
>>
Does anyone know why the fuck the Borderlands 2 artbook costs like 200 pounds? I mean what the fuck
>>
File: hot Moxxy action.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hot Moxxy action.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>323342253
>bl2 variety
so oversaturated color eyesore mess? please, no.
>tps gameplay
exactly the same as bl2, but you can doublejump. very cool gimmick. I'd prefer DOOM\quake movement
>>
>>323333562
Play as Brick
Get to level 5
???
Punch. Everything.
>>
>>323333562
It doesn't, it's one of those "It's better with your friends"-franchises.
Garbage through and through seeing as everything is entertaining when friends are involved.
>>
>>323343209
>so oversaturated color eyesore mess? please, no.
Well okay it did go overboard in some places but I liked that it wasn't just "desert junkyard" like Borderlands 1. Lynchwood was pretty great
>exactly the same as bl2, but you can doublejump. very cool gimmick. I'd prefer DOOM\quake movement
Well I'd rather have DOOM movement too. In the Knoxx DLC whenever you got one of those speed booster things it felt like an oldschool shooter and I loved that so much. However I doubt they're gonna make something like that so I'll settle for double jump. Also ice >>>>>>> slag.
>>
>>323343475
Until you reach Playthrough 2/TVHM where enemies become bullet sponges if you're playing with other people.

It's funny, in Playthrough 1 I went with a friend to Old Haven and didn't have a lot of trouble save for a few Badasses. In Playthrough 2, we were dying so much we both just stopped playing
>>
>>323338676
it's almost as if people have different opinions and tastes.

i personally loved it and played through it several times both with and without friends
>>
You know what I miss from Borderlands 1?

Assault Rifles that weren't garbage.
Revolvers as a separate weapon
Tediore not being terrible
>>
>>323345434
also atlas guns
>>
>>323333562
you should have been quit earlier buddy. enjoy your suffering. borderlands 1 is shit.
>>
>>323333562
It gets better with borderlands 2.
Don't listen to /v/
>>
>>323345741
And S&S Munitions.
Bandit and Scav are shit compared to S&S
>>
>>323346056
aggreed
>>
File: S&S.png (3KB, 98x39px) Image search: [Google]
S&S.png
3KB, 98x39px
>>323345741
>>
>>323333562
first time i played it i hated the game, but it grew on me later. you might wanna try borderlands 2 first it's more "friendly" or something
>>
>>323346338
First time I played BL1 I also hated it. However I recently played it again and liked it a lot.

With BL2 I have the oposite problem. At first I liked it, but the more I play it, the more I absolutely detest the characters that never shut up halt your progress. Honestly that fucking starting area with Claptrap has got to be one of the absolute worst ways to start off your game.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>323340394
Too bad she used to but Pre-sequel and up fucking ruined her.
>>
>>323345434
Pounders and Cobras were good rifle types
>>
I liked the atmosphere in BL1 more. Felt like I actually was a mercenary just trying to get money and guns to reach the vault. Wasn't a fan of "be a hero to these people and save the planet!" in BL2. Felt like BL2 tried too hard to be funny. I could play through BL1 a dozen times and not get tired of the dialog, but hearing everyone's "so wacky" dialogue in BL2 exhausted me pretty quick BL2 did have some good music though,
>>
>>323346786
If her Lance Assassin outfit + helmet was a skin I'd love to use her
>>
>>323346786
I found her to be really annoying/dull in TPS and Tales. Maybe she was always boring but the ENGORGE commercials made me like her a bit
>>
>>323346786
2 ruined everything, Pre-Sequel was the nail in coffin. Only good part was Wilhelm.
>>
>>323345434
I miss guns looking good, as if parts actually fucking fit together, I miss enemy designs as well. And Hyperion's goons looking kinda badass and not with reused Crimson Lance armour.

I also miss the dryer humour.
>>
>>323346901

Where those the 15 round magazine 3-4 round burst guns? fuck those fucking things.
>>
>>323347005
I wouldn't mind the "wacky dialogue" so much if it didn't block your progress. Although it's not as bad as TPS, holy fuck every time Pickles was talking I wanted to stab my ears
>>
>>323343353
>die to badass fire skag
>>
>>323347334
What are you talking about? Those were fucking amazing with Roland. Used one for probably 15-20 levels
>>
>>323347510

Those were hot fucking cum nugget blasters
>>
>>323347110
I think TPS was kind of a step in the right direction. Laser weapons were fun, characters had way better skill trees which you progressed through a lot quicker than 2, and the character dialogue was a really nice touch that made each character stand out.

However it's absolutely atrocious in some other aspects like the writing and unskippable dialogue
>>
>>323347091
I liked Mr. Shank's ENGORGE commercials and his constant "no homo"
joke.
>>
File: gendo.jpg (17KB, 399x276px) Image search: [Google]
gendo.jpg
17KB, 399x276px
>>323347775
>Those horrible plot holes and contradictions
>Lilith
>Fucking Janey Springs existing
>Tfw I have a friend who has sympathy for Janey because she's "suffering"
>mfw
>>
>>323348032
>Lilith is literally a few meters in front of Handsome Jack
>She already screwed him over once and knows he will probably try to kill her at some point
>Instead of killing him and saving countless lives she just ... annoys him further and then fucks off for NO FUCKING REASON

Goddamn TPS really made he hate Lilith. She was kind of annoying in 2, but in TPS I just can't stand her.

Also Pickles is a thousand times worse than Janey Spring. He's the worst character in the whole series as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>323348032
Don't forget the forced meme section with Racist Hotdog and Party Cat; I was one step away from considering Pre-Sequel as perfect, but that part combined with Springs ruined it for me.
>>
>>323335909
>all the DLCs are fun too.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Nope.
>>
>>323348612
What did you hate about pickle? I might have missed some things since I didn't really do his side missions.
>>
>>323343209
Good lord that animation was ugly
>>
File: 1451279722408.jpg (27KB, 489x499px) Image search: [Google]
1451279722408.jpg
27KB, 489x499px
>>323333562
>Please tell me this gets better.

nope

another gearbox classic
>>
>>323333562
It doesn't. You will probably find a fun gun somewhere along the way, but enemy behavior won't change and the whole game will be roughly the same.

You can try DLCs, Zombie Island has really neat atmosphere and Knoxx is pretty cool.

Borderlands 2 is better, not by a whole lot but it improves almost everything about 1.
>>
>>323346056
>>323346245
S&S have higher ammo capacity but they are worse than Atlas in every way.

It sucked that they had to remove Atlas from BL2, they made the best guns. But for some reason they decided that all the guns must suck shit in BL2, so I guess Atlas just had no place in the game.
>>
>>323348987
Imagine there's a door in front of you to the next area where you need to go. Now imagine a small child in an obnoxious cockney accent blocking your path. You cannot progress until the child wastes about 2 minutes of your time spouting exposition. And this happens at least ONCE in every mission he's involved in.

Now it wouldn't be so bad if the quest objective updated as soon as possible and he talked while you're on your way to said objective. However the update occurs only AFTER he finishes talking.

This so happens so fucking much in TPS it's unreal. Here's another example. In the quest where you have to go and kill Nurse Nina's suitors you have to first talk to the guy, then listen to Nina talk for 30 seconds before the quest updates, kill the guy, then wait for Nina to talk for 30 more seconds until you progress again.

Maybe it's just me but it really infuriates me that this is such an easily avoidable issue yet it's there.
>>
File: BL2-Gaige-Head-Gaige.png (215KB, 590x377px) Image search: [Google]
BL2-Gaige-Head-Gaige.png
215KB, 590x377px
>Games
Borderlands 2 > Tales from the Borderlands > Borderlands: The Pre-sequel > Borderlands 1

>DLC
Tiny Tina > Claptastic Voyage > Knoxx > Mr Torgue > Captain Scarlett > Robolution > Zombie Island > Hammerlock > Holodome = Moxxi Underdome
>>
>>323349768
>Robolution > Zombie Island
u wot m8

Zombie Island wasn't anything special enemy or loot-wise, but the atmosphere is top comfy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (21KB, 285x51px)
Untitled.png
21KB, 285x51px
>>323333562
Sort of an acquired taste.
>>
>>323341116
>Go ahead, spend hours kiting them, they're not going to open their mouths.

Use elemental guns that can stack the elemental effect multiple times. The Hellfire SMG and Pestilent Defiler revolver are the best. Volcano also works, but its a sniper gun so not that useful against high HP enemies (it creates so much elemental damage that you don't even need to snipe people with it, you can just cruise through the first two playthroughs doing hip shots).
>>
>>323349617
Sounds rough, glad I skipped it!

As for the exposition it's been a problem since two, and I've hated it since then.
>>
File: fullpleb.png (331KB, 562x512px) Image search: [Google]
fullpleb.png
331KB, 562x512px
>>323349768
>1
>At the bottom
>Knoxx
>Not at the top of the DLC
>>
>>323349768
Tales is not really a Borderlands game.
>>
File: 1425678228080.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425678228080.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>323349768
Return to fucking reddit where you belong. I'd call you trash but that's an insult to trash everywhere.
>>
>>323349768
Fuck tiny tina! That voice is so annoying and talking like a wigger turned me off the whole fucking game for a very long time
>>
>>323349768
>Borderlands 2 the best
>tiny tina best dlc
>posts Gaige

You would just rate anything with lolis better, wouldn't you?
>>
>>323341021
>That's what I mean, I would need to dump a mag and a half into something's face for it to die.

The first time I did Playthrough 2.5, I had to dump the entire SMG ammo stock TWICE into one of those spiderant bosses, since I had to snipe him from afar. That was 2500+ bullets. Only reason I could do it was that I lucked into getting the best non-elemental SMG in the game - a Savior (the ammo regen SMG), with a 90+ accuracy and a 13 fire rate.
>>
>>323350170
Yeah I recently replayed 2 and I could not stand her. I feel like she's the game version of "t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m" and I fucking hate her.
>>
>>323349617
I liked Nina considering, but Pickle kills me. I don't need lsightly less annoying Tiny Tina.

That being said I like the changes from BL2 that TPS presented but fuck if having to wait through dialogue for mission updates didn't almost kill the game for me. I like the fact TPS had a bit more character to the main class and loot was a slight (not really but I'll take it) improvement compared to 2. I like these games, but honestly I wouldn't ever recommend them.
>>
>>323350170
I thought it was funny the first time (to be fair, I was on pain meds) but she quickly overstayed her welcome.

Dragon Keep was fun though, I liked the setting.
>>
>>323350456
I kind of like Nina as well, but considering you're gonna play through the game several times IF you like it, the unskippable dialogue is gonna become a serious problem. There are some characters I never get tired of listening to, like [/spoiler] the Concordia Claptrap and the two Claptraps in Research and Development [/spoiler], but FUCK ME if there aren't some atrocious characters that get more annoying the more you play the game.
>>
>>323350094
>muh echo chamber
>>323350390
Tina is annoying shit but her DLC is good, lots of unique environments, enemies and guns.
>>
>>323345434
>You know what I miss from Borderlands 1? Assault Rifles that weren't garbage.

You know what I miss from Borderlands 1?

ANY TYPE OF GUN which isn't garbage.

BL2 has a grand total of two good guns: the Conference Call and the double variant of the Unkempt Harold (which shoots 12 bullets per trigger). And you had Moxxi's Rubi which did the most health regen, if you got one with Slag damage it was useful for gunzerkers (and combined with the unkempt Harold it gave you so much DPS that you could solo all the raid bosses).

And maybe that rocket launcher that was essentially the BFG9000, but it was also the rarest gun in the game that you had to farm from a raid boss.

Every other gun in the game was marginally useful at best, and became completely useless after you leveled up twice.
>>
File: BL2-Gaige-Head-Furry_Ferocity.png (251KB, 442x391px) Image search: [Google]
BL2-Gaige-Head-Furry_Ferocity.png
251KB, 442x391px
>>323349858
Zombie Island was an incredible mediocre 1 hour DLC and both enemies and loot wise was pretty bad.

>>323349978
Knoxx can't beat this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjW3GrZ_rGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tYuT1dIrLE

>>323350056
It counts though.

>>323350170
She's, alongside Jack and Torgue, one of the funniest character in the series.

>>323350390
Borderlands 2 WAS the best, by far. Pre sequel had some huge flaws and Borderlands 1 was a borefest.

Tiny Tina's DLC is the biggest DLC by far with one of the best gimmicks (changing the environment based on the narration of the characters) and best setting. Pretty cool references to games as well.

Gaige is just the best Anarchy BABY!
>>
>>323351059
It just so happens that the things you like have lolis in them. It's not like you can help it, right.
>>
File: romanbait.jpg (17KB, 540x527px)
romanbait.jpg
17KB, 540x527px
>>323351059
>BL2 DLC is better simply because of the OST

Nigga you're talking about some dumbass shit right here.
>>
>>323351059
>B2 was best by far
Only in your dreams
>fucked up loot drop rate
>fucked up scalling on damage and health
>BIG NUMBERS MAKES IT BETTER!
I like the settings but loot drop wise and scalling wise it was Diablo 3 while B1 was Diablo 2.
>>
>>323350802
Aren't you late for your appointment to see your wife get impaled by a black man? Get the actual fuck out you candle sniffing fairy fuck frittata.
>>
>>323351059
There's no way this isn't bait
>>
>>323351292
>B1 was Diablo 2
B1 is more like a cheap D1 knock-off with even less enemies and skills.
>>323351310
well memed my friend
>>
>>323351427
It's still miles better than B2.
>>
>>323350757
Yeah I generally try to space out my playthroughs so I can try to avoid getting bored to death in the case of unskippable dialogue. I honestly just play one BL through and then move onto the next, rinse and repeat each difficulty level when I really get into BL mood
>>
>>323351059
BL2 had so godawful weapon scaling that it was only fun once you hit the level cap. Unless you constantly edited your weapons to match your level. It kind of ruined the whole game for me. What's the point of fishing for loot if even the best gun becomes a joke ten minutes into the game?

>Zombie Island was an incredible mediocre 1 hour DLC and both enemies and loot wise was pretty bad.

You overstate things there. The only BL1 DLC with good loot was Knoxx, since it added new weapons. All the others were useless loot wise, except maybe Claptraps Revolution which gave you a huge weapon stocker room for farming gear.
>>
>>323333562

It doesn't get better. It actually gets worse.
>>
>>323351681
>It's still miles better than B2.
It really isn't!

>>323351739
Weapon scaling in 2 would be completely fun if loot drops weren't so scarce.
>>
>>323335734
This. Played through the original and 2 a few times with friends. It's a good time waster.
>>
>>323351848
It really is.
It has better loot drop and better scalling in terms of difficulty.
Gameplay wise it's better.
>>
>>323351427
>>323351059

Anything that shit faced gremlin Burch touches is instantly shit. Anything after BL1 and its DLC is hot fucking garbage that appeals only to the kids and dads of reddit.
>>
Ok guys, how do we fix manufacturers while keeping them distinguishable?
>>
The BL1 DLCs were fucking horrible due to the lack of fast travel
>>
>>323351981
>It has better loot drop
It sure does!
>better scalling in terms of difficulty
Arguably, weapons that last you 30+ levels in a loot based game is not very good!
>Gameplay wise it's better.
Shit enemy variety, shit environment variety... can't agree here. DLCs improve it a bit.
>>
>>323348879
I heard the board game DLC is the best, but it's in BL2
>>
>>323339382

borderlands 2 is trash as well

1 level less than the enemy? die in 1 bullet
>>
File: 1438637495783.gif (467KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1438637495783.gif
467KB, 550x400px
>>323352443
You're trying way too hard now.
>>
File: BL2-Gaige-Head-Bullet_Buccaneer.png (251KB, 459x424px) Image search: [Google]
BL2-Gaige-Head-Bullet_Buccaneer.png
251KB, 459x424px
>>323351249
I would fuck the shit out of Gaige and Moxxi, not gonna lie. Tiny Tina is a little too young to me though.

>>323351252
>BL2 DLC is better simply because of the OST
And plot. And length. And characters. And quest diversity. And atmosphere.

Loot wise both were pretty good as well (farming the Bee in TTAoDK is piss easy, for example, and Claptastic Voyage gives you a boss with a guaranteed legendary everytime you face him).

>>323351292
>fucked up loot drop rate
>fucked up scalling on damage and health
>BIG NUMBERS MAKES IT BETTER!
These are only big problems in UVHM. TVHM and Normal are easy to the point when you don't need good loot to win, just not sucking balls.

>>323351739
Never had any problems while leveling up. Just have a good corrosive weapon for loaders, a good fire weapons for bandits, complete the quest in Arid Badlands for the pistol that does 800% more critical damage for the Warrior and BAM, you won the game.
>>
>>323352443
BL2 has overblown numbers after hitting level 50 while in BL1 the numbers are still in logical margin.
It doesn't go to Final Fantasy level of numbers like in BL2.
You can still use weapon that is 5level lower than you in BL1 just fine while in BL2 you get fucked.
And gameplay wise it is better.
I can agree on enemy variety but as for enviroment it's personal preference.
If BL2 had better loot drop chance and better scalling then it would be superior over BL1 in every way, but it's not. No matter how hard you will try.
>>
>>323333562
Its like diablo with guns
>>
>>323352443
>>better scalling in terms of difficulty
>Arguably, weapons that last you 30+ levels in a loot based game is not very good!
Well you know what else is not very good in a loot based game? Getting cosmetic items from the final boss instead of a good fucking weapon
>>
>>323352443
>Arguably, weapons that last you 30+ levels in a loot based game is not very good!

10-15 or so levels at best, assuming you got some incredibly great weapon with the best stats for its level, maybe a legendary.

Which is a pretty good middle ground. In BL2, even the best weapon in the game will do pathetic damage after you level up 3-4 times.

But most importantly, in BL2 mooks always dropped random guns, while in BL1 they dropped whatever they had equipped. You could tell from the muzzle flare if a bandit just happened to have a Defiler or a Hellfire. It was so great.
>>
>>323352910
>you don't need good loot to win, just not sucking balls.
>MUH PROJECTING
Thanks for giving me no argument to argue against I would kindly recommend for you to get a trip so I can filter you and never try to "argue" with you.
>>
>>323352910
>wanting to fuck the slutty clown
Why?
What the fuck do people see in her?
Whore can't even apply makeup properly
>>
>>323352736
Yeah lol, you got me, I was just trolling, we both know BL1 has amazing enemy variety, it has bandit, crazy melee bandit, big heavy gun bandit, skags that spit, skags that melee, spiders that spit, spiders that melee... whoa! And those environments - desert, trash, trashy desert, trashy coast! Now we are talking!

>>323352963
>numbers are still in logical margin
Numbers in a way BL1 and 2 use them are illogical. Levels is a gamey concept so any numbers go, really.
>If BL2 had better loot drop chance and better scalling then it would be superior over BL1 in every way
Yes, and as it is BL2 is superior over BL2 in every way BUT loot drop chance and (arguably) scaling. I'm glad we agree!
>>
>>323333562
This has more depth than Destiny, and Destiny ripped off everything from it. Food for thought.
>>
Something I miss from BL1 is the ability to blow people's heads off.

It's so unsatisfying to kill an enemy with a headshot and see a huge splash of blood ... and his head being completely intact
>>
I loved it. Getting better weapons. Leveling up and using different builds. Playing with friends and getting drunk together. I miss college life.
>>
>>323353103
>10-15 or so levels at best
That's not true, I bought a corrosive Maliwan purple at like level 25 in New Haven and it killed shit well enough in playthrough 2, though by playthrough 2 I already had a couple of better guns. And Hellifre, oh boy, Hellfire was useful pretty much forever.
>>
>>323341116
> These bosses I'm undeeleveled for are are hard to kill.

No shit Sherlock.
>>
>Numbers in a way BL1 and 2 use them are illogical
Nigga plz. You just started contradicting yourself.
Either chose good level scalling/loot drop or not.
As
>Yes, and as it is BL2 is superior over BL2
it sure is superiot to BL2 but not to BL1, glad we agree :^)
>>
>>323333562
the game is funner when you play the couch co op. that's the only time its fun. I remember playing with my cuzzos and arguing over who got guns
>>
>>323353648
Fooken Hiroshima to>>323353287
>>
>>323343353
> Play as Brick
> Get to level 5
> Activate Beserk standing next to a car
> While Beserek animation is still starting enter the car.

You are now Sonic.
>>
>>323333562
>Borderlands
>Offline
>Single-Player

Shit nigger, your doing it wrong.

Also, one is a great game, but Borderlands 2 is really the crown jewel of the series.
>>
File: Jack_intro.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px)
Jack_intro.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Reminder than Handsome Jack did NOTHING wrong and you were the bad guys.
>>
>>323353287
>M-muh drama
>M-muh pop culture references
>Muh different level skags
>It's different because it has one more level to it
>Muh cities
>Muh different cities
>Muh variety
>Muh gay culture

Please adopt a fucking trip.
>>
>>323352167
Keep "Fast as you can pull the trigger" for Jakobs pistols, remove it from ARs and shotguns
Buff Dahl so they don't generally suck
Make Tediore's grenade reload not cost any ammo and BAM! it goes from shit to awesome (maybe make it have a cooldown in order to not abuse it)
Maliwan's okay for the most part, maybe give bigger magazines to pistols
Bandit/Scav is shit overall, just scrap it altogether
Hyperion shotguns and pistols are great but remove the aiming thing from snipers
Vladof I got nothing against
Torgue ... I have no idea, I don't really like to use them
>>
>>323353968
In TPS maybe, but in BL2 he was downright delusional/insane.

Also Lilith can fuck right off
>>
>>323353648
I think a good level scaling would be something between 1 and 2, and I don't intend to defend BL2 drop rates, because I don't like them at all. That said, I played both games very casually, I have 105 hours in BL1 and slightly less in 2. From that perspective, 2 is superior simply because, scaling and drops aside, it's a better first person shooter game. That's all there is to it.

>>323354173
I honestly can't say if you're trying too hard to fit in or are genuinely that stupid.

>>323354178
Torgue is the best thing ever, also why would you want to fuck over Jakobs shotguns?
>>
>>323354423
>killing the bad guy is insane
No senpai, that's what heroes do.
>>
>>323353181
And after all these years, Harley Quinn porn hasn't stopped.

I just don't know man, clowns are ugly on principle.
>>
>>323354440
Well most Jakobs shotguns only fire once or twice and unless I have some sort of kill skill that restores health I have to be right next to the enemy due to the low accuracy of those things
>>
>>323354440
Well man I spend over 300h in BL1 and like 100h in BL2.
I used to even make cheated weapons, find all the glitches and bugs etc.
I did non of that for BL2.
I just couldn't force myself to play it with the awful difficulty rate.
From my perspective BL1 will be always superior due to two important things for those loot based games, loot drop and difficulty.
>>
>>323333562
That Halloween-themed DLC for BL1 is one of my most cherished coop memories. We were so carefree and full of friendship to give.
>>
>>323354712
But Harley Quinn (at least the classic one) is kind of cute.

The new one looks like trailer trash
Actually so does Moxxi.
Why do people like trailer trash? Moxxi looks ten times better in her mechanic outfit without the retarded clown makeup
>>
>>323354741
I remember I had a Jacobs purple shotgun that I could fire like 2 or 3 times (it as a single-barreled one) with good accuracy. It was really fun while it lasted!

>>323354859
I don't even like loot based games. I played D1 and D2 for art and story, played BL 1 and 2 because my friend liked them and because they're mediocre-to-good first person shooters and I like FPS.
>>
>>323354554
Well I wouldn't really say that gouging a guy's eyes out with a spoon in front of his family is what heroes do.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Jack has some good ideas, but overall he's delusional in BL2

Also is it ever explained why Roland didn't just respawn at a New-U station?
>>
>>323355018
>for art and story
I can understand art but story wasn't anything special.
If you want good story but RPG try Arcanum.
>>
>>323353502
That's because DOT was broken in Bl1. It scared off player stats not the guns base damage.

A theoretical level 1 Hellfire would still melt anything weak to fire.

A Regukar damage gun can last a long time if you got a rare one, but it would be outclassed after 10-15 levels.

For Bl2 all they needed to do was fix that, and the damage scaling would have been perfect.

But people always forget that even if you find the best possible gun ever at level 20, sure it will last you until level 40+, but there's always a chance you'll find something EVEN better. The loot hunt aspect is never irrelevant until max level and you have top tier stuff, but considering getting a 100% maxed weapon requires industrial grade farming there isn't a person alive you has even 10% of the guns listed here.

http://www.borderlandsbestgear.com/
>>
>>323355018
Well maybe there are some good shotguns, but I just find Hyperion shotguns a lot better.

But none of them hold a candle to BL1's shotguns. Those things could shoot from so far away and hold up to like 27 shells if you were using Roland. Man I miss combat shotguns
>>
>>323355263
>those AA12 tier shotguns in BL1
RIP
>>
>>323355049
That's always a weird thing to me you would assume they could remove or ban people from access to the New-U (like removing Roland and him not coming back would make sense) but why would you leave the Vault Hunters that you know are the one that are being steered to kill you tbqh
>>
>>323355049
New-U stations are not canon.
>>
>>323354440
>People with different opinions that don't agree with mine are stupid

The whole environment around BL2 was so fucking forced it stopped me from ever even trying to even like it. Awful ending aside, BL1 was leagues more genuine than BL2+ will ever hope to be. My disdain and hatred for Burch and Gearbox is endless and knows no bounds.

>>323354423
You can fuck right off with that shit. Jack was the most likable character in BL2.
>>
>>323355230
I played Arcanum, and well, it didn't have that good of a story either IMO, really good setting though. Also I forgot music, plus D2 had some genuinely fun skills and classes. Still the best Necromancer.

>>323355250
Wait, DOT scales from player stats? What? Oh wow, that does explain things...
>>
>>323355493
What about the quest where Handsome Jack offers you Eridium for killing yourself?
>>
>>323355608
>People with different opinions that don't agree with mine are stupid
People who think that adding "muh" in front of legitimate criticism invalidates it are stupid, yes.
>Jack was the most likable character in BL2.
Stupid AND edgy!
>>
>>323355617
>Necromancer
Damn right and yeah Arcanum music was just superb.
>>
>>323355608
>You can fuck right off with that shit. Jack was the most likable character in BL2.

You say that as if it's an accomplishment. I mean 80% of the characters in that game are terrible anyway
>>
>>323355263
I remember using Roland's mag size buffs to give Sledges Shotgun 6 shots, which it fired all at once due to the special effect.

It also had massive knockback (a mechanic entirely removed from 2) so with a low level one you could just send bandits flying across the map.

There's a video somewhere of a guy juggling a Badass Psycho.
>>
>>323352167
>Ok guys, how do we fix manufacturers while keeping them distinguishable?

Just keep them as they were in BL1.
Vladof - high ammo capacity, high rate of fire
Dahl - high damage, loud, lower fire rate
Tediore - lightweight, fast, cheap, but weak
Maliwan - lower damage, highest elemental potential
Torgue - high damage, bad recoil, low accuracy, high reload time, often explosive elemental
S&S - highest ammo capacity, 2nd best elemental gear, but low reload speed and not the greatest damage
Jacobs - highest damage, worst recoil, low magazines, no elementals
Atlas - balanced with higher stats than any other gear, but very rare
Hyperion - best accuracy, lowest recoil, rarest guns in the game

If you want to make them more unique, just exaggerate those statistics (except for rarity).
>>
>>323355853
Eugh.
>this gun is weak but cheap (lol)
>this gun is alright
>this gun is good but rare
>this gun is gooder but even rarer
Yeah, those definitely should be manufacturers' traits and not just, you know, rarity traits.
>>
>>323355250
>tfw had all those pearl guns
Ah the good ol' times.
>>
>>323355635
Not canon.
>>
>>323355741
>>323355782

I should've stated in comparison, but yes, all characters including jack are still shit.

>>323355741
You're still a shit-for-brains casual with no where near enough time for his opinions to even be considered relevant. Get out.
>>
>>323356096
That's a pretty lazy excuse for shitty writing.
I mean why would Dahl and Hyperion have all those lines at a New-U station if it wasn't cannon?
>>
>>323356173
Stupid AND edgy AND angry. God, what a combination.
>tfw I'll never be young again
>>
>>323355853
I dunno man, in BL1 some guns were just downright better than others. I think BL2 had some good ideas like "fast as you can pull the trigger" and "burst fire" but it could have been executed way better in such a way that it doesn't render some weapons hot garbage.
>>
>>323356301
4th wall humour perhaps.
>>
>>323356096
>>323356096

Have a source on that?

Exactly how is it non-canon if t was included by the writers in a game in the main series?

You don't just get to pick and choose what is canon.
>>
>>323356307
You've never had a franchise you loved be fucking ruined?

I really hope you're not a Mass Effect or Fire Emblem fan, or you have no excuse to not understand.
>>
>>323356634
>Despite in-game references and explanations of New-U stations, Borderlands 2 head writer Anthony Burch has confirmed that New-U stations are not canon, and do not exist as far as the plot of any Borderlands game is concerned
>>
>>323356729
But BL wasn't ruined, it was improved. Never played ME or FE.
>>
>>323356729
FE was decent at best. ME3 ending was bad, but the rest of the game had great scenes and was good overall.
>>
I have no idea what attracts me to the Crimson Lance and Assassins, but playing as them, or rather a fully masked grunt sounds appealing.
>>
>>323357241
See >>323357101
Not even counting his shit writer, that's not a true statement.
>>323357442
Wrong again. It's not as shitty as some people say, but it's not good. It's mediocre at best and just a less interesting version of ME2.
>>
File: 1422413769808.gif (2MB, 278x186px)
1422413769808.gif
2MB, 278x186px
>>323357241
Tell me how going from baddass, no fucks given space pirates out on a quest for loot to different colored Captain fucking Planets is an improvement.

Maybe on the technical side, sure, you move more fluidly. But everything else is just outright worse.

>>323357442
It's just what I could pull off the top of my head but it's to the same effect. Both had insane amounts of backlash for obvious reasons, though you may not be one of the people who were outraged.
>>
Why is she so perfect?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0QBTg3RgXs
>>
>>323358094
Vault Hunters in 2 are still in for the loot. Yes, they end up doing "the right thing" along the way, but it was the same in 1. Don't you remember doing chores for New Haven mayor?
>>
Borderlands 1, GOTY, worth it?
>>
>>323358546
>Vault Hunters in 2 are still in for the loot. Yes, they end up doing "the right thing" along the way

That is the exact fucking opposite. You're railroad and hammered into doing the right fucking thing from the start, the story does not stop drilling you at how much of an ebil byed gai Jack is. Loot is not even in the main picture, every BL1 hero gets a shoehorned fucking personality.

New Haven doesn't let your through initially because of security reasons, your thirst for money was going to put her citizens in danger.

Everything you've just said could not have been more wrong, go back and play the fucking game.
>>
Who makes the best non-elemental SMGs in BL1? Atlas? Hyperion?
>>
>>323334132
memes
>>
>>323359134
>the story does not stop drilling you at how much of an ebil byed gai Jack is
He literally wants to kill you, so yeah. And I don't mind the story parts that concern him since he's entertaining (not "did nothing wrong", but he's an amusing antagonist).
>>
>>323359138
I don't know why you'd want a non-elemental SMG but at that point it's just stats, I believe. So anyone.
>>
>>323359510
>I don't know why you'd want a non-elemental SMG
Double Anarchies are pretty good, I heard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwo2Kk7KaDs
>>
>>323359134
"Before you're allowed in New Haven you have to do something for the community. Now go turn on these 5 generators around town".

I mean Scooter is RIGHT FUCKING THERE. You're telling me he can't be bothered to stand up and take like 4 steps? Fuck me
>>
>>323359667
Considering Bl1 couldn't physically have mobile NPCs, no scooter couldn't turn it on.
>>
>>323359423
Nigga, The MAJORITY of people in BL1 wanted you canonically dead. And not because you wanted to stop their evil reign of stomping kittens.

Burch is a hack writer and I never thought I'd actually see someone defending his High Keklyness.
>>
>>323360371
>The MAJORITY of people in BL1 wanted you canonically dead.
Those people were also bandits. Well, that and Crimson Lance, but they mostly cared about the Vault. Also their leader was a Siren apparently but all she ever did was getting chomped on by a toothy vagina. Wasted potential, like every other antagonist in that game, though after Flynt nothing really surprised me desu.

Never thought I'd see somebody defending BL1 writing either but hey, here we go.
>>
>>323359656
That's really just Lilith being Lilith. The only character that could feasibly 1v1 crawdad fairly.

Everyone else had to do that glitch. As for damage I remember being able to take off each part with ~3 shots from one of the pearl snipers. Good times.
>>
>>323360664
>Never thought I'd see somebody defending BL1 writing either but hey, here we go.
Hardly. He's just saying that 2 is worse.
>>
Any purpose to repeaters? Or Mordecai?
>>
>>323362236
Crits that hit fucking hard. Cai shines in higher levels.
>>
>>323362236
Mordecai is still the most overplayed character to this day.

Cool characters are a danger to balanced community choices.
>>
>>323363094
>>323362957
I'd rather use Lilith, SMG mods, elemental damage increases, high rate of fire, get out of trouble Action skill.
>>
>>323358785
If you plan to play it on xbox one back compat, the standard version disc will let you use all the DLC in the back compat version.
>>
>>323363094
TFW when I have never played as Mordecai in BL or Zero in BL2. The latter is such a boring character I dont see why people use it.
>>
>>323366575
>that feel when when
>>
>>323366575
>The latter is such a boring character
>can be built to use sniper rifles, melee, shotguns
>>
>>323350893
yeah, the exponential leveling system made guns useless pretty fast in later levels

tps did that better

If only the story hadnt been so so bad... It did so many things right

Lasers, the jump boosters, machines and money being actually usefull. Better class system, they were way less broken than the 2

And the first borderlands is an piece of shit
>>
File: Borderlands1_0.jpg (668KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Borderlands1_0.jpg
668KB, 1920x1080px
Borderlands is like Tecmo Koei's Warrior series. You either love it or hate it.

I myself loved it. The arid ambients, the deserted atmosphere, the characters.
I cannot fathom how anyone would call Borderlands' world "uninteresting". The first game, particularly, was truly unique.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.