[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vanquish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 8

File: PG_Vanquish_box_artwork[1].png (174KB, 250x307px) Image search: [Google]
PG_Vanquish_box_artwork[1].png
174KB, 250x307px
Why didn't this game do so well?
>>
too bland
>>
little to no marketing
>>
>>323330043
it was released on the same day as new vegas
>>
No marketing and shit head reviewers cried it was too short.
>>
one gimmick: the game
>>
Its terrible

Don't care what /v/ thinks of this overrated crap
>>
>>323330043
Too hard for casuals and too short in general. Great game nonetheless.
>>
>>323330043
uninspired GOW clone released a time period where every other game released was an uninspired GOW clone
>>
Because it was too fast and hard for the casual audience.
>>
>>323330043

Badly marketed. I didn't even know it existed until like two years after it came out.
>>
30fps
>>
>>323331723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je1J4TxldPY
>>
it was too good and cool, people likes shit like fallout and farcry and that game of meme arrows and ass credss
>>
>>323330043
Personally one of my least fav Platinum games. The story and art sucked, the music was passable, the gameplay was alright at best. Mediocre graphics. Nothing about it stuck out to me really, could have been more fleshed out and had more content. 6/10
>>
>>323330043

Too much nippon for American tastes.

If it had a 300 lb muscled slab of grunting bald space marine moving slowly between cover as a protagonist it would have sold better.
>>
>>323333447
I really doubt that. It was just lackluster all the way through. A sequel could be better and I'd play it but this was just bland
>>
Because it's not yet in Steam
>>
it had A LOT of flaws, devs should've worked on it a little longer.
>>
Game is ridiculously short. You can beat it in like 4 hours.

Still had loads of fun with it, well worth the $60 I paid on release day.
>>
>>323330043
Lack of marketing. Single-player only.

>>323331723
It's most certainly one of the best third-person shooters of that gen. Easily has some of the best gameplay in the genre.
>>
>>323330043
It was boring
>>
>>323330043
Unfinished and not too interesting
>>
>>323333646
>>323333770
>>323334894
I always wonder about people who say this kind of thing, b/c it was easily faster and better designed than most other shooters, with a lot of depth, and shockingly enough, actually good boss fights in a third-person shooter.

Like what the hell do people even want? As a pure action game, it is easily amazing.
>>
File: 1447555266965.jpg (940KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447555266965.jpg
940KB, 1280x720px
I think I'm gonna actually get vanquish. Ever since I tried it the demo when it first came out I always put off buying it
>>
File: 1397599464304.gif (985KB, 157x157px) Image search: [Google]
1397599464304.gif
985KB, 157x157px
>>323330043

Not available on PC.

Right now, Sega will port it to PC next several months.
>>
>>323336019
If it was sold on PC it'd get about 60k sales at 20 dollars each.
>>
>>323336019
I hope they do.

>modded in 60 fps
>dat modding community

Not like I'll ever have a PC that could run it any time soon anyway.
>>
>>323336303
can you fucks stop thinking any game has the capabilities of modding like the Gamebryo engine, jesus christ, we don't want you to join masterrace anyways.
>>
PC release with 60 fps when?
>>
The people that buy 3rd person shooters are shitty casuals that l love gears of war.
>>
>>323335265
>easily faster and better designed than most other shooters
sure, but still
when i was playing it, i had a constant thoughts like, "it would be cool if they changed this to be like this", "this enemy again?", "what is the point of this useless thing", "i wish i could upgrade this", "i want to punch again but it's on cd". It needed more meele, more replayability beyond challenges(like suit upgrades/weapon upgrade paths and so on), more enemies and bosses, better story pacing.
>>
One of my favorite Plat games. It was just a Plat game vaguely disguised as a shooter anyway. Lots of cool mechanics with the AR mode, dashing, and melee attacks. Weapon levels were cool. Dynamic and interesting difficulty instead of bullet sponging. Short length is unfortunate but does lend itself well to replays and collecting the trophies was fun as fuck.

Too hard for casuals, but not le hardcore meme enough for the elitists.
>>
>>323331723
How is this anything like god of war?
>>
>>323336954
>when i was playing it, i had a constant thoughts like, "it would be cool if they changed this to be like this", "this enemy again?", "what is the point of this useless thing", "i wish i could upgrade this", "i want to punch again but it's on cd". It needed more meele, more replayability beyond challenges(like suit upgrades/weapon upgrade paths and so on), more enemies and bosses, better story pacing.
Hell yeah, I'd play the hell out of that. In fact, that's basically one of my dream games.

I still enjoyed the hell out of it though. It's a fantastic game and one of the sleekest shooters ever made. Nothing will ever beat boosting around the place like a motherfucker.

I really wish Platinum would make another third-person shooter like it, but more of an action-adventure game.

>>323336973
>Too hard for casuals, but not le hardcore meme enough for the elitists.
God Hard is legitimately one of the hardest difficulty modes I've ever played. You die in literally seconds if you're not careful, in a game that were basically a bullet-hell shooter.
>>
>>323337273
Gears
>>
>>323337273
He meant Gears of War silly
>>
>>323330043
Not on PC
>>
>>323336176
So... it would outsell it's console opening week then?
That wouldn't be bad for such an old game.
>>
>>323337901
>>323337642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpl0efr9ogk
>>
>>323338505
You overlooked "AT 20 DOLLARS"
>>
>>323339990
Correct, the game has already been completed.
They would just need to port it.
Porting a game is much cheaper than making a brand new game, all of the assets are already there.
>>
>>323340210
The problem is that you couldn't support new development in the PC situation if somehow consoles stopped existing. This means publishers will keep looking at PC as a secondary platform to port to later rather than a platform to drive development.
>>
>>323336303
>modding community

Stop this meme, Everytime a game gets ported to PC you fags says "OMG THINK OF THE MODS" and no shit cones out of it
>>
>>323340507
You've never been to a modding site besides the nexus have you?
>>
>>323340507
>Dark Souls comes to PC
>gets mods
>MGR comes to PC
>gets mods
>Valkyria comes to PC
>gets mods
>MGSV comes to PC
>gets mods
>DMC4 SE comes to PC
>gets mods
>Dragons Dogma comes to PC
>will get mods

etc
>>
>>323340420
In that regards consoles would stop existing if PC didn't exist since there would be nothing to create the games on.
Also, console games have almost always outsold the PC version during opening months. But you after 3 years you can no longer find a copy that you can buy new, only used.
Yet on PC a digital copy continues to be sold years after it's release, namely due to sales.

I would say they both pull a comparable amount of money.
>>
>>323341481

MGR got mods? Which ones? I want to play as Sunny.
>>
>>323341481
The mods on pretty much any games besides Bethesda ones are tiny, incidental things that aren't even worth bothering with.
>>
>>323341573
I know for a fact that DMC4 and 4:SE got some pretty substantial mods.
>>
>>323330043
It's made by Platinum
>>
>>323341563
It has a few graphics mods. Generally when pcfags talk about a game has mods, there aren't any that actually matter.
>>
>>323341563
Shitty ones, I don't even think there was a Sunny mod. Still got mods though.

>>323341573
This is a damage control post and not remotely true. Bethesda games rarely even get amazing mods.
>>
>>323341538
>In that regards consoles would stop existing if PC didn't exist since there would be nothing to create the games on
Games weren't always made on PC, so not necessarily.
>>
The game gives you all of these cool abilities and mechanics. It then stunts them with this obnoxiously short power meter.

That and as others have said, it is five hours long.
>>
>>323342474
>Games weren't always made on PC
>>
>>323342474
What?
Next you're going to say that the first robots were built by robots.
>>
>>323342574
yes, retard, there were even video games before PC
>>
>>323341538
>In that regards consoles would stop existing if PC didn't exist since there would be nothing to create the games on.
The point of that was not one or the other not existing but rather that PC can't sustain the existing market.

>Also, console games have almost always outsold the PC version during opening months. But you after 3 years you can no longer find a copy that you can buy new, only used.
>Yet on PC a digital copy continues to be sold years after it's release, namely due to sales.

We know it doesn't matter much to large companies though because the amount that they get over the years from sales of old digital games is not enough to sustain their business model.

>I would say they both pull a comparable amount of money.
PC pulls money in a different areas than consoles do. In things like microtransactions for long running "lifestyle" games like LoL and Hearthstone. Consoles pull more for new titles that are soon yesterday's news.
>>
>>323342742
no there weren't
>>
>>323341987
>This is a damage control post and not remotely true. Bethesda games rarely even get amazing mods.
I only ever download mods for Bethesda games. When I look at mods for a random 10 hour single player game it's all garbage
>>
>>323341538
>In that regards consoles would stop existing if PC didn't exist

Consoles exist longer than PC you oaf
>>
It needed multiplayer, that was the craze at the time.
>>
>>323342991
you're a newfag millennial
>>
>>323342973
Show me PC before Spacewar then
>>
>>323343103
So are you really. Millennial is defined to include anyone born from the early 1980s. It's highly unlikely you're like 35 and thus gen X
>>
Because its garbage like all kamiyas games
>>
>>323342742
Except you said that games were not made using a computer. What, were the first video games designed with sticks and rocks?

>>323343042
Yes, and what were those video games designed with? What was the tool that was used to create them?

>>323342862
This is due to most console users buying the next big AAA game they see advertised. The majority of PC players are more critical and have higher standards.
Personally, I have and never will buy a PC game that is released for 60 dollars.
>>
>>323343103
Counter strike came out over 15 years ago, bro. Mods are dead.
>>
>>323343296
>computer = Personal Computer

So you are retarded?
>>
>>323343296
>The majority of PC players are more critical and have higher standards.
Then why do they play League, Dota, Hearthstone and other garbage? There's a niche on PC that is discerning and a niche on console that is discerning but there's no way it is the majority on either platform.
>>
>>323343241
>s one of the earliest digital computer video games
>computer video games
>computer
>>
>>323330043
It didn't have any focus on what it wanted to be.

>Fast movement is limited unless you're mashing rolls
>Character is fragile which reduces people wanting to mess around
>Have crazy melee moves but you make yourself wildly vulnerable to go for it(Unless you have the saw gun but then you have one canned melee attack)
>Fights are all on a timer which prevents people from experimenting

It was too in the middle between being a cover shooter and wanting to be action crazy that it sort of doesn't work as either.

Think of it like Bulletstorm but without the shameful advertising.
>>
>>323343529
again >>323343379
>>
>>323343652
>a computer that belongs to a person isn't a personal computer
oh boy.
>>
>>323343379
Apple fan please.

Anything that has a processor that accepts instructions is a computer. Desktops, laptops, cellphones, and gaming consoles are all computers.

>>323343473
Because of opinions. I still play HoN because I love the competitive nature of the game and the teamwork aspect. I also wonder why a lot of console players play the games that they do because I think they are garbage. But to other people it's something more enjoyable.
>>
It's a platinum game

No shit it didn't sell

Their games never sell
>>
>>323343765
>I don't know what PC stands and I think every type of computer is PC

You must be underage
>>
>>323343885
>Anything that has a processor that accepts instructions is a computer. Desktops, laptops, cellphones, and gaming consoles are all computers.

Yes, but they are not PC's. Every PC is computer but not every computer is PC. How hard is to understand?
>>
>>323343885
>Because of opinions.
You can't pull the PC players have "higher standards" card and then say "oh whether X game is shit is all just an opinion anyway!" Unless you just want to say it's just your opinion that PC players have higher standards--which is just because they happen to like more of the same types of games you do.
>>
File: Jetstream_Sam.jpg (105KB, 1070x502px) Image search: [Google]
Jetstream_Sam.jpg
105KB, 1070x502px
Are they the same guy? Or brothers maybe?
>>
>>323330649
No it's not, it's pretty good. I wish there was a sequel
>>
>>323341481
>>Valkyria comes to PC
>>gets mods

what mods?
>>
>>323336019
>PC
>sells

Is this new meme?

>Sega will port it

Another meme
>>
>>323344440
Father and son confirmed
>>
Bad timing
>>
>>323344572
A mod to make all the girls nude probably
>>
>>323330043
Because the main characters were corny as fuck.
>>
>>323344772
unfortunately no
>>
>>323344076
PC is a silly term. It just means a computer that is designed for an end user.

>>323344254
I meant more in a consumer term. Console users are fine with paying an Internet fee for their consoles even though they are already paying one. Someone playing on a desktop would not.
MMO fees are a different story.

>>323344440
You can definitely see the similarities. Probably started off as the same model and just did some minor tweaking.

>>323344572
Framerate mods before they patched the game to fix it.
Mods to disable the border look and some to disable the canvas shading.
>>
>>323345059
>PC is a silly term

No, it's real term. I'm sorry it destroys your argument.

> Someone playing on a desktop would not.
> Paid WoW is one the most popular PC games ever

Gave me good laugh
>>
>>323345059
>Console users are fine with paying an Internet fee for their consoles even though they are already paying one.
You do realize there are many who do not pay for online multiplayer right?

>Someone playing on a desktop would not.
There's no way such a thing could exist on PC anyway because it isn't a platform where one company is involved in the multiplayer of every game.
>>
>>323345059
>disable the canvas shading.
PC players: confirmed unartistic ;_;
>>
>>323345059
>Framerate mods before they patched the game to fix it.
>Mods to disable the border look and some to disable the canvas shading.

wow, it's fucking nothing
>>
>>323344864
So like every MC from a Japanese game.
>>
>>323345360
Then the next line literally says MMOs are different. There are paid MMOs on all kinds of devices. The supposed reason the fee is there is for server costs and updates etc.

>>323345760
Yet that nothing still qualifies as a mod that changes a setting that was not possible to be changed in it's original console release.
>>
>>323346048
>There are paid MMOs on all kinds of devices

They are quite popular on PC though, so that means your argument about PC players having higher standards went down to toilet.
>>
File: 1395793039386.jpg (44KB, 631x487px) Image search: [Google]
1395793039386.jpg
44KB, 631x487px
>>323330043
>NO MULTIPLAYER! MUH INFINITE REPLAY VALUE!
>NO ONLINE, NO BUY
>>
>>323346281
Yes because that is a much more flexible platform.
You are limited on a console device, such as Microsoft charging developers to push out an update or expansion to their game, even if the user does not get charged.
>>
>>323343638
I mostly agree with this. I still think it was a pretty fun game, but the one thing most people praise it a lot for, the "slip-and-shoot" gameplay, just did not seem to work well. Melee was not that useless, I think it could be used to stun some oppenents big opponents, but for the most part the game just seemed to be roll->slowdown->shoot->repeat.
>>
It was too hard and too deep for all the gears of war babies.
>>
It honestly wasn't all that great. The game got repetitive really fast and the lack of enemy and weapon variety didn't help matters. Most encounters are ROCKET KNEES, SHOOT, PUNCH, ROCKET KNEES, SHOOT, SWAP WEAPONS, GRENADE, PUNCH, with the occasional juggle of the bullet sponge drill robot bastards.

And then you had the same dozen boss fights with that junk robot that can instantly kill you.
>>
>>323346658
you are moving goalposts and dosen't even make sense now anon.
>>
>>323346673
the game is really centered around the slowdown mechanic, But it's alot more bearable when you realise you can do it at any moment, Liking jumping over cover, Jumping up and down ladders or Demounting from walkers, I just wish the power slide lasted for more than a second before burning out.
>>
>>323345059
PC refers to a home computer made by IBM and its clones over the years.
>>
>>323346987
The end result is that consoles are inferior.
>>
>>323330043
>game has cover system, it penalizes you for coverinng
>melee attack completely overheat your suit leaving you vulnerable for a couple of seconds
>same enemies over and over again
> too short
>erratic dificulty, start is way too hard, middle is too easy, last part is not as hard as it should be.
>>
File: gondolart.jpg (93KB, 1015x749px) Image search: [Google]
gondolart.jpg
93KB, 1015x749px
It was a good concept but they will really need to overhaul the games mechanics if they hopefully make a sequel.
>>
File: Ains-sama.jpg (60KB, 604x620px) Image search: [Google]
Ains-sama.jpg
60KB, 604x620px
>>323332497
I have an erection after watching this
>>
>>323348396
Nah
>>
>>323348598
Sorry
Just trying to get my post count up
>>
>>323347842
Look at this cutie wearing badass armor.
>>
>>323347231
Not true, non IBM architecture computers developed outside the US were also sometimes given the official designation of PC. It's just an arbitrary term. Take the PC8800 and other Z80 architecture computers. Similarly the designation "home computer" was commonly used by different companies with different proprietary architectures prior to the de facto dominance of intel processors, and even the Xerox Alto (and some other contemporaries) was labeled a PC almost a decade before the first IBM "PC."
>>
It LOOKS generic and bland as fuck.

Notice how I said "looks".
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.