[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rant/Remorse thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: latest.jpg (20KB, 250x312px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
20KB, 250x312px
>game promises freedom of choice and impact on the story
>this promise is broken within the first 10 minutes of the game
>the game is constantly interrupted by a creepy shrink, asking about your inner fears, supposedly to make the game as terrifying for you as possible
>again, answering these questions does nothing to alter the game
>the only tension in the game is built up by jump scares
>the little tension there might be built up is quickly ruined by quick time events that can be ignored most of the time
>game has a relationship-meter that, again, has no impact on the game as well as collecting all totems
>totems are also useless since the split second sequences shown in them spoil more than they help you
>story is completely stupid and the characters unlikable except MAYBE hayden penetieres character sam which had marginally better writing than the rest of the cast

Why was this so praised? What's the appeal? I want my money back
>>
>>323284617
The totems unlock the backstory movie.
>>
>>323284770
That has no impact on the main story you are playing.
>>
>>323284770
that's like saying "b-but it unlocks a trophy!"
>>
It was alright. Had some nice asses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wchJHihs_9A
>>
>>323284617
I really enjoyed it for what it was tbqh. It was a fun 10 ish hour horror movie that I played through twice to see everything. Hopefully we get Until Dawn 2 that improves upon the points you've listed OP.
>>
>>323285645
How much did you pay for it?
I paid 30€ for the Steelbook Edition. I wish I had gone with the standard version instead for 20€.
>only some extra scene with Emily and Matt looking for her panties
t-totally worth it...
>>
I thought this was a David Cage game the whole time.

Is it actually good?

I'm almost finished with Yakuza 5, and wouldn't mind reving up my PS4 as I hear it's half decent.
>>
>>323285774
Not him but I red boxed it for $3 and played through it with friends. It built a new tension since you didn't want to be the one who killed off a character. Made it more fun
>>
>>323285774
I rented it like >>323285920 but after playing through it once I found that it's the kind of thing (like any other horror film) that i'd probably like to play again in a few months or for halloween and I'd really like to see a sequel so I bought it.

>>323285903
Really enjoyed it would recommend to any fan of horror films/games/interactive story games.
>>
File: 1450249911677.jpg (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1450249911677.jpg
38KB, 250x250px
>game promises freedom of choice and impact on the story
>this promise is broken within the first 10 minutes of the game

Some parts are set in stone, it has to have a well structured plot after all, and I feel the prologue was more of a tutorial

>the game is constantly interrupted by a creepy shrink, asking about your inner fears, supposedly to make the game as terrifying for you as possible

Creepy shrink was one of the best parts of the game, dude is a great actor

>again, answering these questions does nothing to alter the game

It kinda does, his appearance changes, and so does his office.

>the only tension in the game is built up by jump scares

No, the wendigos are creepy and constantly sneak around

>the little tension there might be built up is quickly ruined by quick time events that can be ignored most of the time

Except no, a lot of characters die if you dont react quickly

>game has a relationship-meter that, again, has no impact on the game as well as collecting all totems

Yeah, they could have developed the relationship status more

>totems are also useless since the split second sequences shown in them spoil more than they help you

Yeah they do spoiler them, but if you do find the right ones, it chanhes from death to safety

>story is completely stupid and the characters unlikable except MAYBE hayden penetieres character sam which had marginally better writing than the rest of the cast

Hayden's character was the fucking worst, chris was funny, mike was the action hero, emily was the bitch, sam was the cute one, matt was the dumb jock, and sam was what? The boring hardly played character.
>>
>>323287678
Shit meant ashely was the cute one
>>
>>323287778
>Ashley the cute one
>Not Josh.
Yikes anon are you straight or something?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhfzUApV2-w
>>
>>323290087
This isn't cannon ;.;
>>
>>323284950
The whole point of this game is story.
>>
>>323284617
There a trust system in the game and depending on what options you make you unlock different parts of the story.

People don't trust in some case they would be unwilling to help you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.