[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just restarted the game, thinking about doing Skill Build, any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 537
Thread images: 75

File: Bloodborne.jpg (649KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.jpg
649KB, 1920x1080px
Just restarted the game, thinking about doing Skill Build, any early weapon recommendation?
Also, Bloodborne thread
>>
>>323240087
Blade of Mercy is nice, one of my fave weapons.
>>
Just bought this game. Do I need to buy the DLC right away or can I wait until I beat vanilla? Also should I go for a str build or dex build first?
>>
>>323240485
I've almost platinum'ed the game and I don't have to DLC.

Honestly increase vitality and endurance almost equally, maybe vitality in preference.

What I did my first run through was up strength to 25 and then skill to 25 and use Ludwig's Holy Blade when you get it.
>>
>>323240286
blades of mercy a shit. they have 0 range and cannot stagger bosses like literally any other weapon in the game can.
>>
Saw Spear, you wont be getting Blades of Mercy until after Rom at the earliest. Otherwise if you have the Old Hunters, you can make a rush for Rakuyo, but good luck with that early game.

Some of the Chalice Dungeons become quite the fucking pain with a skill build too, particularly Bloodletting Beast and Watchdog, you're basically forced to use the Saw Spear, Threaded Cane, or Burial Blade (Don't even get that until the end game) just to have some reach.
>>323240485
DLC opens up after Vicar Amelia boss early in the game, however if you wait until after you beat the game, you'll be doing the DLC on NG+, and that's not fun once you get to the last area of it, not fun at all.

Go with whatever build you want honestly. Strength, Skill, Arcane, Bloodtinge, they're all viable. Personally I played Strength builds in DeS, DaS1/2, and started with a Skill build for BB for once, and it's been really enjoyable, especially once I got the Blades of Mercy.
>>
why are all the fun weapons endgame

who designed this shit
>>
>>323241193
The evade R1 is GOAT. plus you can absolutely murder hunter enemies and most monsters.

Admittedly I use other weapons for bosses generally.
>>
>>323241159
If you increase endurance over 20ish you're wasting points.
>>
>>323241193
>Blades of Mercy can't stagger bosses

BoM is so fast it doesn't need to stagger and half the bosses it can stunlock them until you drain your stamina out and make up for the damage by tons.

BoM is broken as hell by how fast it is. Almost no enemy or boss in the game is going to be able to stop the amount of speed and damage output it can deal, barring a few Chalice Dungeon bosses and Orphan of Kos.
>>
>>323241331
Why do so many people use multiple melee weapons in this game? Do you enjoy farming blood chunks / rocks?
>>
>>323241460
I have 2 of them and I used 1 on Ludwig's and 1 on Blade of Mercy.

1 from Nightmare of Mensis and 1 from bath messenger for 60 Insight.
>>
>>323241457
That's the classing STR vs DEX debate.

Would you rather hit an enemy one time with a massive hammer for 100 damage, or hit him 6 times for 20 damage each, and run a higher risk of missing or getting hit back
>>
>>323241460
Most people farmed enough chunks to last a life time. There was a bug (don't know if it was removed), where you could go to Upper Cathedral, kill all the werewolves in there by going through the front, then immediately heading to the Emmissary Lunarium and a werewolf would be there, kill him, and he'd just respawn and you can sit there and farm him for hours for Twin Shards and Chunks (especially with the Eye runes).

Most people did that ages ago and farmed enough to level all the weapons they wanted, super easy.
>>
The Threaded Cane tends to be overlooked for PvE and it scales very well with skill.
The Beasthunter Saif can be obtained relatively early in the expansion and you don't really have to fight anyone if you just want to sprint for it.
>>
>>323241716
Usually, I'd agree. But BoM is so fast with it's hits and the damage difference is pretty nominal in most cases that it doesn't matter. Only weapon I've seen that outclasses everything else straight up is Ludwig's, Whirligig (but for different reasons), and Kos' broken as AOE weapon.

Normally I go for STR builds, but BoM just stunlocks so easily it's kind of sad.
>>
Saw Cleaver -> Saw Spear -> BoM -> Burial Blade -> Rakuyo

GOAT Skill weapon progression.
>>
Ok guys I'm thinking of starting my first arcane gem build. Can somebody briefly link or explain the deal with random chalice dungeons? I thought I heard somewhere that all you need to do is unlock isz chalice, and then you can get into any other level 5 dungeon too by fiddling with the password system
>>
>>323240087
Cane is love
Cane is life
Cane is came
>>
Saw spear tops the chart of base R1 spam, not counting anything else
>>
I recently got this game and the DLC. I get this different kind of feel playing this game than any other. Beat Cleric beast and Father C. No guides or anything the feels of discovery are like none other. Levelling str and vit so far both at 19 points and have thw kirkhammer(sp). Struggling through my mind to make mental maps and I love it.
>>
>>323242054
I did just that and it was 100% awesomecakes. Except I skipped saw spear and burial blade.
>>
is there any weapon better than the Hunter Axe??

no
>>
I gotta question. I made it to some cathedral or something and talked to a guy asks you to tell others to come there. Earlier i told some chick behind a locked door "no" when asked if i knew where a safe place to was.. Can i go back and say yes now?
>>
>>323242953
Axe master race. Spin to win faggots.
>>
>>323243085
Yeah, you can go back and tell her.

Also, go back to the clinic.
>>
>>323243085
yeah man she's an ungrateful bitch about it though.
>>
>>323241303
the DLC can be started 1/3rd of the way through and has tons and tons of weapons
>>
File: 1448095998846.png (172KB, 560x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448095998846.png
172KB, 560x500px
>>323243085
Send everyone you can back to the clinic
>>
>>323241974
Beast claws are a infinitely superior star based BoM
>>
WHO HAS THE BLOODTINGE BUILD WEBMS WHERE THEY KILL AMYGDALA IN TWO SHOTs
>>
>>323243327
If you can beat the DLC and get the weapons, you sure as hell don't need them for the rest of the game.

>>323242953
Nope. I think any build should start with the axe. Even Skill. Threaded Cane sucks until upgraded.
>>
OP here, thank you for the recommendations, gonna start with Saw Spear than move to BoM later on, i hope i don't get fucked by some bosses later.
>>
You guy's know the 4th boss right the she wolf that wears the white hood, can I have some pointers on beating her?
>>323243405
>Send everyone you can back to the clinic
That creepy fucking priest is doing something with'em ain't he?
>>
>get bloodborne today
>start it up
>get to the ambush part and let all those niggas go past me
>explore a little
>go back to the lantern
>ok i'm done
>quit game

i feel so tired. bloodborne seems like a lot harder than demon/dark souls. or is it just another game of i need to learn the enemies and when my i-frames are?
>>
>>323240087
Rush through the early game, beat amelia, go into the dlc, and kill simon. You'll need a bit of bloodtinge but the bowblade is GOAT. It can carry you through the entire game or at least until you find a different weapon
>>
>>323240087
I made a skill build for the DLC, used cane until I got blades of mercy. The scythe is fun too but not as good as BoM. It's too bad the good skill weapons are so late in the DLC, you don't have much time to play around with them unless you like chalice dungeons or new game+ing.
>>
>>323243990
God no he's not
That fucker is the most kind heartened soul you'll meet
>>
File: 1452043270385.jpg (64KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452043270385.jpg
64KB, 640x720px
Why does anyone like the cane?
It sucks shit
>>
>>323244009
It's not, just dodge towards instead of away, and realize that your dash/roll attack comes out super fast. The game's health system is very forgiving.
>>
Headless Bloodletting Beast feels like it wasn't tested at all. His hitboxes are Dark Souls 2 bad. I've fallen through the floor and respawned at Hunter's Dream at least half the time. Apparently everyone else can stay by his left leg no problem, but the moment I do, he just turns with me, same with his damage output, every vid I see, they take maybe 1/4 of their bar at best, but everything is taking half my hp almost, and some things just straight up one shot, my fully upgraded Ludwig's sword apparently does 200-400 less damage with fire paper than everyone else's.

Shit boss is shit, shame too, every other boss in this game has been one-shot besides Logarius, which I only died once.
>>
>>323244009
It's a lot easier and less ridiculous than DS
>>
>>323244270
It's a meme
>>
>>323244254
The real Iosefka is pretty kind too.
>>323243990
Fire Paper, just wail on her. Also dodge towards her, most bosses are like that actually.
>>
Use the Saw Spear until Amelia then run through the Hunter's Nightmare to get the Beast Saif.
>>
>>323244279
Personally I think all of the monster bosses in this game are complete garbage.

Headless Bloodletting Beast is a shitty test of patience and you basically fight him like a DaS2 boss. Special mention to the second worst lock-on camera in the game which goes right up your character's asshole so you can't see anything.
>>
>>323240087
The cane, baby!
>>
>>323241460
The game throws enough chunks at you to fully upgrade at least two weapons. You can get a third to +9.
It'd be pointless to just carry a single weapon for the whole game when you can afford to try out at least two more.
>>
>>323244254
Why's he look like a methed out version of those things outside then?
>>
>>323244009
Its the latter. The game isn't necessarily harder than the other Souls games. Its just a different play style that you need get used to. Take it a bit more defensively, use your items more, and practice parrying and dodging through attacks. It may seem counter intuitive but its better to dodge into attack than away. But dont be afraid to be agressive. If your in a trade with an enemy, try attacking to recover health instead of trying to back away to use a vial
>>
Cane until Blades of Mercy or Scythe.

Cane is obscenely excellent for large groups of weaker enemies. It's practically cheating.

Scythe is good for stronger enemies and bosses. All around reliable weapon.

Blades of Mercy is arguably the best PvP weapon.
>>
>>323244615
So far I haven't had any problem with any of the bosses, but him. His hitboxes are absolutely ridiculous. I've been hit by his ground pound 10 feet behind him. I've been hit somehow by his magic head hitbox (pre-worm head thing), etc.

It's just a terribly designed boss, not Bed of Chaos mind you, but good lord, it's just a drain on my patience right now. I'm honestly about to just go spend a few hours farming chunks just so I can cheese him with the Bowblade.
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 800x800px)
image.jpg
180KB, 800x800px
Post Dollfu
>>
>>323243990
If your DPS isn't high enough and you're not aggressive, she'll start to heal. Go up the ladder next to the gate to the right of the stairs leading to the Cathedral. You'll find 6 Numbing Mists up there that will leave her unable to heal if you hit her with one. Chuck one when she starts healing.

Also, use the fire paper Alfred gave you, and cripple her limbs like you did against the Cleric Beast.
>>
>>323244270

Upgraded, it can do impressive damage, and the whip form can hit the weak spots of tall enemies like macaroni face for damage and stagger.
>>
>>323244869
Kos' weapon is the best PvP weapon now, it one shots people straight up with the AOE.
>>
Alright, absolute scrub here, but does Arcane scaling only matter with gems or what? I've got a primarily Arcane build and levelled Ludwigs (seemed to be the only thing I had with decent Arcane scaling) and my damage feels packing. Do I need to chalice dungeon, or am I expecting too much damage? Even with my relatively low Skill, I feel like I get more DPS out of the Blades of Mercy.
>>
>>323242953
Hunter Axe is mai waifu
>>
>>323245101
Ludwig's scales with an equal of STR/DEX, Arcane does nothing for it unless you use Gems.
>>
So does arcane effect the kirkhammer at all? It scales B but the damage doesn't increase if I try putting a level In It
>>
>>323245101
Basing your early game around arcane is kinda stupid.
>>
>>323245101

Depending on where you are, gems don't really start dropping in the base game until the last third, earlier with the chalice dungeons.
>>
>>323245193
Everything has an attack that scales with Arcane, that's why it's there, but it's not worth it to dump points into Arcane for it. The only way to increase it is if you put Arcane scaling gems into it.
>>
>>323244270
The range on the cane's whip is insane, both in length and radius. The damage it does is shit and the wind up is long but weak enemies will die before they can reach you and you're usually at a safe distance against strong enemies. The regular cane is basically a very short sword which is good against enemies that are stronger and require quick reactions, like the trolls or kidnappers.

It's not my favorite weapon and the axe is a better starter weapon, but it's definitely got its uses. I would recommend it as the backup weapon of most SKL builds.
>>
>>323245193
Gotta use gems
>>
>>323242953
Stake Driver and Hunter's Axe are best weapons

I wish there were actual fist weapons in the game
>>
>>323244009
Play Bloodborne as though you're more powerful than the enemy. Get aggressive, dodge toward rather than away, parry parry parry.
>>
File: 1449974500781.jpg (611KB, 1200x967px)
1449974500781.jpg
611KB, 1200x967px
>do co-op quick-search
>not quick at all
>>
>>323245029
Ah, well I haven't gotten the DLC yet. I'm waiting for it to go on sale while I go through my backlog. It's a damn shame the physical version isn't getting released in the US because I likely would've bought that.
>>
>>323244889
>tfw no bloodborne slice of life anime focusing on what the doll does while the hunter is away.
>>
How do I find out more about the bosses in this game?
>>
>>323245378
Am I the only one who never has issues getting co-op partners, either using the beckoning bell or the resonant bell?
>>
>>323240087
Saw Spear then Rifle Spear
>>
>>323245193
A lot of weapons have ARC scaling but no ARC attack.
The scaling is for the elemental gems. For something like Kirkhammer you're better off just keeping it pure STR, but for an arcane build you can change the damage to elemental and use the ARC scaling instead.
>>
>>323245253
Yeah I'm realizing that now, but I've trucked through to Nightmare of Mensis. Should I just start statting otherwise or should I go Gem hunting? If so, how do? I know they're primarily from Chalice dungeons but that's all.
>>
>>323241159

anything over 15 endurance is unnecessary

anything over 20 is straight up wasteful

on the other hand you want 40-50 vitality if you intend to do the chalices
>>
>>323245452
Read the flavour text and take note of visual cues.
>>
File: 1451889201777.jpg (492KB, 610x1200px)
1451889201777.jpg
492KB, 610x1200px
If Game design was a non-meme major, I think Bloodborne and Darksouls 2 would be perfect for teaching "how to and how not to make a sequel"

Problem: Backstabs are OP
>Dark Souls 2: "UM, LET'S MAKE IT SO THAT EVERY ENEMY HAS RETARDED LEVELS OF TRACKING AND ALSO LOTS OF ATTACKS THAT HIT BEHND THEM XD!!!"
>Bloodborne: Backstabs can only be done after a charge attack to the back, adding new challange and mechanics in the process

Problem: Equip burden is too easy too mess with
>Dark Souls 2: "LET'S MAKE AN ENTIRE STAT, JUST FOR EQUIP BURDEN!!!"
>Bloodborne: Removed the concept of equip burden entirely

Problem: Shields are too OP
>Dark Souls 2: "LET'S MAKE SHIELD MASSIVELY NERFED IN GENERAL, ADD ENEMYS WITH SHIELD BREAKS, AND MAKE MOST SHIELDS HAVE SUB 100% PHYS RESISTANCE"
>Bloodborne: Shields removed, game designed around dodging, dashing added too

Problem: Too many players rely on early game weapons like the drake sword, uchigatana, ETC
>Dark Souls 2: "LET'S BACK-LOAD ALL THE GOOD WEAPONS AND MAKE ALL THE EARLY GAME WEAPONS COMPLETE GARBAGE. (EXCEPT THE MACE WHICH IS RETARDEDLY OP)
>Bloodborne: Remove superfluous weapons, every weapon is viable for the entirety of the game
>>
>>323245339
I don't even parry anymore. I save my bullets for weapon buffing and healing. Parrying is always going to be the most powerful attack but the risk is too great and it's less convenient to use my gun since I'm almost always using the two-handed axe or hammer.
>>
>>323245418
Yeah that does suck, but I doubt it's gonna go on sale honestly. There is a good amount of content for $20 though, I was pretty surprised with it. One of the better DLCs out there by a large margin.
>>323245440
Cries that she looks like a meth addict while Maria actually looks attractive.
>>
File: Bloodborne Chalice Guide.png (2MB, 824x4512px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Chalice Guide.png
2MB, 824x4512px
>>323242261
Here you go, friend.
>>
>>323245559
I keep reading that you don't want more than like 20 end, why is this?
>>
>>323245683
>wanting a shitty human with bad skin texture when you can have a top tier cutie with porcelain skin

Shit taste
>>
>>323245756
Ignore him, it's just a preference and he thinks it makes him cool by dumping the points into attack stats instead.
>>
>>323245756
Weapons and dodging don't use a lot of stamina, and the recovery speed is good enough to stick with just 20.
>>
>>323245756
Because endurance isn't as useful. Heavier weapons will need a bit more, but on a light weapon you can go through the whole game without touching endurance at all.
Everything in BB uses less stamina because of the emphasis on dodging.
>>
>Moonlight Meme Sword
>Meme Cutter
>Meme of Mercy
>Memehammer
>Memewig Sword
>Meme Axe

Anyone who doesn't use the cane is an unskilled player and should stop participating in and anything related to Bloodborne.
>>
>>323245873
>not wanting a badass bitch that is zipping around and doing sick ass flips
>wanting a doll that just stands there

Aesthetics man, she may have porcelain skin, but her face man, I can't get over her face. Gehrman needs to work on his craftsmanship if he's gonna try to recreate his long lost daughterfu.
>>
File: 1429043284217.png (272KB, 612x497px) Image search: [Google]
1429043284217.png
272KB, 612x497px
Post yfw you became the Tentacle Space Broccoli
>>
>>323245626
>Bloodborne: Remove superfluous weapons, every weapon is viable for the entirety of the game
My only gripe with this is that some of the coolest weapons are introduced very late into the game.

>receive Burial Blade after beating the 2nd final boss in the game
Thanks for nothing, Miyazaki.
>>
>Not maining Reiterpallasch
>>
>>323246112
To be fair, you can find all of them in chalice dungeons.
>>
File: 1446860967293s.jpg (5KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
1446860967293s.jpg
5KB, 125x110px
>>323246098
>>
>>323246112
NG+ is the real game, shitter.
>>
>>323245686
Thanks a bunch
>>
File: 1432275448868.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432275448868.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
So waste of skin is best starting class right?
>>
Why do i barely see anyone besides me use this thing? It carried me through the chalice dungeons and the platinum. Even tho I like some of the new dlc weapons I keep going back.
>>
>>323246212
>15 hours of excessive grinding through the same fucking maps
Not again, thanks. I've platinumed the game and I'm glad I will never need to go there ever again.
>>
>>323245756

because with 20 stamina you can quickstep like 15 times or swing the heaviest weapon in the game like 7 times

it also starts regenerating almost immediately, and faster than in DS1

seriously, going over 20 is for /r/bloodborne shitters
>>
File: legarius_wheel (1).jpg (13KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
legarius_wheel (1).jpg
13KB, 250x251px
>>323246432
woops forgot image. best weapon
>>
>>323244739
It's genetic.
>>
File: 1431617089077.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1431617089077.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>323246374
It is if you like immersion
>>
>>323246374

its cruel fate unless you intend to use guns for damage
>>
>>323246543
That's not the cane, but I understand that the unskilled need meme weapons to get them through the game.
>>
>>323246543

>meme wheel
>best weapon
>>
>>323241221
Pffft, you can have the blades in the cathedral ward if you kill eileen and save 40k. I have them on a level 6, gascogne and cleric beast dead, a little farming the ward, can't use them because i'm 2 levels too low stats wise.
>>
>>323246464
I prefer to have extra stamina to get a few additional hits in or make a quick escape.
>>
>>323242358
Cane is shit.
Real men use the beast cleaver. Now that's a whip.
>>
File: 1433514842626.png (116KB, 324x359px) Image search: [Google]
1433514842626.png
116KB, 324x359px
>>323246374

>Decide to do a Waste of Skin no leveling run
>"Alright, what weapons are available to use..."
>Saw Cleaver/Spear
>Hunter's Axe
>Threaded Cane

I like how in other Souls games, a SL1 run meant getting creative with your weapon/equipment choice. In this you're just using the standard weapons lots of people carried themselves through the game with.
>>
>>323246870
Let the meme weapon users believe they are anything but complete trash peasants when it comes to bloodborne. At least you of all people should understand how the cane is the most skilled weapon of the game and that only real players use it.
>>
>>323246230
Sauce. Google image did jack shit.
>>
>>323246929
>missing the chance to fight one of the best Hunters in the game

For Shame.
>>
>>323246765
lol you and that fucking cane.
>>
File: Triggered.gif (176KB, 333x286px) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.gif
176KB, 333x286px
>>323244279
>Headless Bloodletting Beast

Worst boss in the entire game by far. I feel ya on the floor shit, had him down to a visceral attack earlier and I glitched through the damn floor and died.
>>
>>323247029
>Real men use the beast cleaver. Now that's a whip.
>Meme Cleaver
Get out peasant. Real men are talking. Meme weapon users need to stay quiet.
>>
>>323247557
What isn't a meme weapon to you people
>>
>>323247349
it's the most skilled weapon in the game. Only weak peons use anything else.
>>
File: 121106.jpg (37KB, 480x679px) Image search: [Google]
121106.jpg
37KB, 480x679px
Post yfw you got gud
>>
>>323247704
The cane. It's the only weapon that actually requires player skill to use. All the other weapons play the game for you.
>>
>>323244270
The whip is useful for keeping your distance from certain bosses while still dealing damage. Good if you're doing low-level runs and are really squishy.
>>
>>323247704
>he doesn't use his bare hands
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 290x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 290x411px
>>323246035
>Maria
>attractive

I guess if you like fucked up faces
>>
>>323242953
>tanks like a champ
>cheeses everything
>out-hyper armors other hyper armor
>most versatile moveset in the game

Why did they even offer other starting weapons?
>>
>>323247981
Whittling an enemy down by 4 hp each time doesn't sound like a fun time
>>
>>323248240
Nice meme weapon. Maybe one day you will be skilled enough to use the cane only.
>>
>>323246543
No one really wants to go through the game with an inferior standard waning slot wheel, and no one wants to grind a vit-gouge through to defiled chalice just for the uncanny version, and no one even KNOWS how good flat arc wheel is or wants to farm perfect flat arc gems

Also: one good move
>>
Threaded Cane/Chikage

Guns are OP, invest in Bloodtinge.

Haven't played Old Hunters so that's whatever.
>>
>>323247557
The cane is a meme weapon by how much you spout it isn't, you've literally turned it into a meme weapon, congratulations.
>>323247858
>the cane doesn't play the game for you
>ridiculous range
>pathetically easy crowd control like it's nothing

Every weapon plays the game for you, Bloodborne isn't hard.
>>
>>323248171
>tfw Maria looks more like a lifeless doll than the doll does

They both have awful faces, honestly their faces should have been reversed. Maria has the doll face, and the Doll has the disheveled hunter fucked up face.
>>
>>323248560
*chuckles*. You're literally a spouting meme right now. Okay peasant, whatever you say. I bet you use the Whirlymeme or Moonlight Meme Sword. Literally skilless at bloodborne.
>>
>>323247352
>>Headless Bloodletting Beast
>Worst boss in the entire game
Nah, that would be Defiled Amygdala.

>attacks cover 75% of the area
>at least three of its attacks will one-shot you, probably even more
>shitload of health
>>
>>323247352
>falling through the floor while entering Cathedral Ward
>fell through a different level altogether during my journey to the underworld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=105RQNDlnJw
>>
File: Lady Maria's last hug.jpg (468KB, 1000x1389px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Maria's last hug.jpg
468KB, 1000x1389px
>>323248171
>>
>>323248796
Defiled Amygdala is piss easy, just circle strafe towards the left across the outer edge of the room. When it does the ground pound, just run it with an R2 and then back dodge away and repeat. Long fight sure, but you wont ever get hit.

Headless though, I'm with the other guy, the hitboxes honestly feel so wonky. I've been hit across the room with the charge, I've been hit behind him, and then the Phase 2 head, he just flips his shit and it's impossible to get in on him without getting hit I find. Run in with an L2 or R2 overheard from Ludwig's sword, I just hit hit immediately after by the head, even if I dodge, the edge of the hitbox just hits me and I eat it. The charge ranges from nothing damage to a one shot.

It's an awful designed boss I feel. That and visceral attacking him is inconsistent as hell, sometimes it takes 3-4 hits sometimes you've almost got him dead without ever getting one no matter how fast and often you're hitting him.
>>
File: 1451671952646.jpg (113KB, 345x493px)
1451671952646.jpg
113KB, 345x493px
>>323248240
>hard fight throughout
>oneshots the next guy to show up
>mfw
>>
>>323241221

I really don't suggest doing the DLC in NG+. Just kill Amelia and hit the DLC. A lot of great weapons. He can get the pizza cutter and Beast Saif before he has to face Ludwig.
>>
>>323249197
That happened with the Crow Hunter at the end of Eileen's quest for me, started the fight and he just clipped right on through, went to talk to Eileen, got the badge, rezoned out and back in, went to check to see if I could fight him again, and nope. His item was there this time at least though, but I was pretty disappointed.
>>
>>323249629
>He can get the pizza cutter and Beast Saif before he has to face Ludwig.
Please stop telling others to use meme weapons.
>>
>>323248670
>Complaining about faces in Souls games
they've always been hideous
it was funny back in Demons Souls but the fact they havent changed it at all in all these years is lazy
>>
>>323249629
Oh I fully agree. DLC is fine on NG+ up to Maria, but the Fishing Hamlet becomes an absolute nightmare. Definitely don't do it on NG+, if only because of the Fishing Hamlet. I didn't know about it when I first bought the DLC, but boy...that was a rough one lets say that.
>>
>>323244615
>Personally I think all of the monster bosses
Some of them are okay, but some of them just have lazily designed attack styles, yes. The ones that just sort of swipes their arms around non-stop in huge swinging arcs are just so boring to fight.

This game needs more mechanics to make up for the lack of shields and other things. As it stands, all you do is dodge through attacks and position yourself in some blind spot. Parrying is a good idea, but they should have added one or two more things to the game, then made a lot of the bosses have neat gimmicks.

Fights like Logarius and Pthumerian Descendent, where the bosses have unique attacks and do fun stuff, are so much more interesting than shits like Vicar Amelia and Paarl, who just flail around like retards. Cleric Beast gets a pass since it's the first boss in the game, but did we really need so many more generic arm-flailing beast bosses?
>>
File: 1427645624977.gif (426KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1427645624977.gif
426KB, 500x500px
>>323247840
>>
>>323244009

Hang in there.

I'm platinum across the board. It's so worth it.
>>
>>323249775
Not all the faces are bad, you can at least make some really good looking characters in Dark Souls 2, and men in Bloodborne. The woman creator seems way worse though, but maybe I haven't tinkered with it enough.
>>
>>323249869
Yes, we also needed tons of fire spewing bosses that bog down the FPS to Blighttown levels.
>>
>>323248796
I wouldnt argue for or against as the most irritating boss in the game. But they are both clearly the top contenders.
>The easiest big boss just became the gayest thanks to this gay ass curse halving your health! GL
>Just camp my left leg! EZ! Just watch out for my shitty hitbox, irratic behavior, glitchy moveset, all while being in my shitty rectangle of a room!
I hate both so much.
>>
File: keepers_hunting_dog.jpg (46KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
keepers_hunting_dog.jpg
46KB, 1024x576px
hey guys
it's just me, the most bullshit enemy in the whole game
>>
>>323250013
I for one am satisfied with the results.
>>
>>323250216
I could never get the hugging the left leg thing to work. He'd just ground pound and hit me anyways which usually kills me outright despite having 50 Vit and Def/HP runes on, plus the Cainhurst Set, he'd just jump away immediately every time, or he'd just turn with me no matter what camera locked or unlocked.
>>
>>323246543
Logarius Wheel was used a fair bit on release, but since it's just been overshadowed by better weapons. I really like the wheel, but it's just not as good as Whirligig for a STR build.
>>
>>323250216
Oh, and I cant not mention that shitty fucking Undead Giant with the chain and balls attached to its back in the same room as Headless. Fuck that guy, too.
>>
>>323250328
That's pretty good, a lot better than my attempt was, which I haven't even touched that character at all, killed Cleric Beast on her and that was it. Been trying to do the Old Hunters and Chalice Dungeons on my main character instead.

What'd you do to get it to look that good anyways? I sat there for maybe an hour making mine and she just looks...uninspiring and hideous sadly, unlike my DaS2 Hex girl character.
>>
>>323240087
T H R E A D E D C A N E
H
R
E
A
D
E
D

C
A
N
E
>>
>>323250520
Yup, that was bullshit as well. Taught me to not get greedy. His swipe attacks cover almost the entire area around him, but at least he's slow and predictable.
>>
Who /Beasts Embrace/ here?
>>
>>323250717
The key is to give her weak features. Setting the slider to strong causes manface.
>>
>>323250292
>that fucking Queen Yharnam Chalice dungeon where the lever is in the room with the like 15 rats and the fat ass fuck with the burning iron
>tfw you have to either kill those two or try and sneak past them (it never works) to get down there and just get off that layer

Horrid man, I died more times to them and those damn rats than I did to the Descendant.
>>
>>323250292
>Hell hounds
>The mosr annoying
>Not the unending bell spiders
>Not any fucking bird/other dogs/bird dogs/dog birds
>Not the fucking retards in research hall when youre using a beast claw/BoM
>Not the FUCKING GIANT FISHMEN
ok
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Hey have you guys seen my mom?
>>
>>323250717
Tried it by myself at first, but nothing was satisfying. Then I looked up a guide on Youtube and modified the face to my liking as the guide face was still kinda stretched and derpy. All of this took motherfucking hours.

>spend hours to create a decent female character
>start the game
>realize that long hair clips through your attire
>>
>>323250950
You can run past all of those
Once the hell hounds see you you're fucked.
>>
>>323250292
>Not the snake people and viper nests
>>
File: milkweed_kos_parasite_trickmode.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
milkweed_kos_parasite_trickmode.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
>>323250859
Hey church faggot, scream and chug aids juice moar

#byrgenwerth
>>
>>323250892
I'll give it a try next time, was planning on restarting that character anyways.
>>323251054
I feel ya, that's how I was with one of my DaS2 characters. I'll probably go ponytail or something to prevent the clipping.
>>
>>323251272
literally broccoli
>>
>>323251076
>You can run past all of those
The neverending bell spiders will follow you until you either kill the bell bitches or you get killed. And they're psychic.
>>
File: Wololo.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Wololo.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Not my video.
>>
>>323251651
>open door
>spiders right behind door
>instantly get hit as the door animation finishes
>die

Well fuck you too then spiders. What's worse about the fucking spiders is when you kill the bell maiden only to get smacked in the back and realize this is one of those asshole rooms with two maidens. Oh there are also werewolves and shit in the room too, enjoy faggot.
>>
>>323250859
After just completing a beast claws run, let me give you would be clawfags some headsup. Keep in mind i dont have PSN and sadly cant pvp.

Its a shitty grind to grab these by level 50. Go saw spear, grab 40 Vit before anything to make life as easy as possible. Grinding Ritual Blood 4 is shitty but easier than doing lower Pthu chalice. Laurence is the last and hardest challenge along your way to beasthood. And....
Theyre shit. Honestly. Probably cuz i cant grind gems, but i realy dont prefer them to BLT weapons like Bloodletter and Weebkage. Claws are just week against a lot of bosses and fighting Laurence at lvl69 and 0 range is punishing (but youll be able to brag youve mastered that fucker and earned your rune legit). Plus side is they have a lot of damage if you can pull off the ramp up attacks and the swag is off the charts. Killing Rom in seconds as a dark beast was fun, too. Good luck to anyone retarded enough to go for the same early claw run I did.
>>
>>323251540
If you want to be sure, create the face, save it to favorites and make a run for the hunter attire in the sewers or buy the Yharnam Hunter Set. Even with a ponytail, the hair will still clip through the collar.
>>
File: 1429990421820.jpg (87KB, 582x600px)
1429990421820.jpg
87KB, 582x600px
>>323250292
>trying to run away from these fucks while a madman screams at you, ever closer, and you hear hemwick witches spawning scythe fucks
>>
>>323251901
>Not
God I hate those brain sucking faggots
>>
>>323251636
fuk u m80 and broccoli is the shit
i bet you dont even have eyes ha ha your insite must be like 6

#kos #awoo
>>
>>323251076
You can run from anything, yeah. Doesnt make any of the ones listed any less bullshit than some stupid hell hounds i can pop with my Evelyn and laugh at as i easily stab them when they recover. Bell Spiders are literally the most irritating thing the game. GIANT FUCKING FISHMEN are insanely stupid and besides using shaman bone blade, getting Memekuyo is still hell because of them.
>>
>>323251913
Ah, the Loran Chalice Dungeon. A neverending source of amusement.

Thankfully, the werewolves don't follow you if you run past them. If you take your time with the first werewolf at the entrance however, you will get swarmed by two large packs of those eight-legged fuckers regardless. And good luck getting through the door with them bottlenecking the entrance like a clumpy, continuous wave of shit.
>>
>>323252082
Yeah that's probably what I'm gonna have to do honestly. Guess I'll get to it later tonight. Been beating my head against a wall for some time against the last Chalice Dungeon, just need to get to Queen Yharnam to get that Platinum, but I've gotten too frustrated and I'm sick of farming vials and bullets and shit right now.
>>
>>323252439
See I had the werewolves right on my ass, it turned into a "I'm gonna run circles around the room taking potshots at the maiden and home spiders don't rain from the sky on me while the werewolf is lunging at me.
>>
>>323252440
Don't give up, man. I'm rather shit at the game and still managed to platinum it. You'll get there eventually.
>>
File: 1356081575577.gif (533KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
1356081575577.gif
533KB, 500x314px
>>323247840
>decided to fuck with the bloodlickers in Cainhurst after being destroyed over and over the the day before
>suddenly just KNEW how to take them without much trouble
>>
>>323245626
Problem: farming healing items sucks shit
>Dark Souls: Let's make it a rechargeable item you will never have to farm yet is also limited in the amount you can use it and give the player the ability to increase the number of charges at one bonfire by using a semi-rare resource if they're really in a bind and need extra healing
>Dark Souls 2: Yeah, that was pretty much perfect the first time around, let's not fuck with that.
>Bloodborne: HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
File: 1451785437785.png (74KB, 1332x1336px)
1451785437785.png
74KB, 1332x1336px
>>323252903
The fact that the price of vials scales is fucking bullshit
>>
>>323247840
>>
>>323252903
God. It is so shit. They really should just restore you to max vials/bullets at every lamp.

I don't know why they keep fucking with the system, because DaS2 didn't get this right either. It ruins the value of bonfires in these games.
>>
>>323252398
>Kos
>Not Kosm
>>
>>323252903
Dark Souls II fucked it as well.
>>
>>323252903
Just don't get hit
Problem solved
>>
File: 1444604871550.jpg (135KB, 651x422px) Image search: [Google]
1444604871550.jpg
135KB, 651x422px
>>323247840
>>
>>323253194
>It ruins the value of bonfires in these games.
You mean "lamps", right?

Not to mention you actually must go back to the Hunter's Dream before you can teleport someplace else.
>>
>>323247704
Shitty weapons no one actually likes
>>
>>323240087
Generally Skill Builds rely on Blades of Mercy, but you can also run Burial Blade since it has an A scaling in Skill. Ludwigs isn't a bad choice, but it gets just as much benefit out of Skill as Strength.
>>
>>323252184
I lost like 15 insight getting gangbanged by those faggots in the upper cathedral ward.
>>
>>323253328
I said lamp, but the whole system is always going to be bonfires to me because that's what I remember first.

Honestly I feel like the entire Hunter's Dream was a massive wasted opportunity.
>>
>>323252903
>let's not fuck with that
>oh but ackshully lets make it so you can only heal the once and instead of burning that semi rare resource we'll just scatter the means to upgrade it all around the nonsensical world in SECRET SPOTS!!
OH IS THAT FUCKING WITH THE SYSTEM TOO MUCH OK WELL LET'S ADD AN INFERIOR UNCOMMON CONSUMABLE THAT YOU CAN FARM FOR IN THE MEAN TIME UNTIL YOU GET ALL 11 UPGRADES! IT ONLY GOES TO 12 BTW
OH AND IF YOU FARM TOO MUCH THE ENEMIES DIE FOREVOR BECAUSE YOU KILLED THEM UNTIL THEY DIED COOL!
>>
File: 1438219394750.gif (755KB, 323x206px) Image search: [Google]
1438219394750.gif
755KB, 323x206px
>>323247840
>>
>>323253246
>kosm

This is what the healing church actually believes
>>
File: mlg pro.png (944KB, 630x659px) Image search: [Google]
mlg pro.png
944KB, 630x659px
>>323253631
DaS1 really got it right.
>>
>>323244009
It's not having a sheild. It keeps you confidently on edge untill you're rekting faggots 2/3 of the way through.

It reminds me of the first time I played RE4 weirdly enough. The sense of tension and trigger happiness.
>>
>>323252440
Or you could just have long hair and wear gear that works with it. My dude has the long wavy hair, looks great with the crowfeather garb or old hunter's set, or even just the hunter garb with the shoulder cape, which it looks fine with.
>>
So has anyone found an explanation yet for the giant block of ice at the bottom of Old Yarnam?
>>
>>323245626
>>323252903
Problem: Having to sit through multiple loading screens to return to a pointless hub to level up and repair/reinforce your weapons is annoying and stupid and a waste of time
>Dark Souls: Let's just handle all of that at bonfires
>Dark Souls2: Durrrrrrr....*drools*
>Bloodborne: HURRRRR BLEAHHHH ABAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAH *shits all over the walls*
>>
>>323240087
god those graphics are bad.
>>
>>323252903
Honestly, I think that BB was actually TOO forgiving when it came to healing items.

Blood Vials should have been more scarce. Keep the prices scaling as it is in game. But have them be more scarce. That way, they become a more precious commodity and force people to get good.

It also forces people to ACTUALLY use the Rally mechanic.

>>323253631
>Dark Souls 2 has 100 times more healing items than any other Souls game

There's like 3-4 different types of lifegems THAT CAN STACK when you spam them. There's like various other non-Gem/non-Flask items that you can easily farm and stack to 99. There are SO many fucking healing items that invaders often have a hard time beating hosts because they have SO many fucking healing items.

And your complaint is that you have a hard time finding those Estus upgrade items in the very linear world of Dark Souls 2? You are truly shit at videogames.
>>
>>323248240
What is it with the Ludwig's Blade? Why does nobody who uses it know how to play? I've seen multiple webms of the Holy Blade where they seem to be using a +1 weapon, dealing tiny little chips of damage to invaders.

What is it with the Holy Blade?
>>
>>323245756
>mfw I put 35 in endurance and rape pvp
>>
>>323254004
Why do anything?
>>
>>323250292
Bloodborne keeping the long tradition of bullshit dog enemies.
>>
File: 1442785430459.png (85KB, 259x377px) Image search: [Google]
1442785430459.png
85KB, 259x377px
Okay so you the cathedral ward, the area where you get the monocular from, there's that tomb a little bit to the right, and inside there's a chest and a locked door, does that door ever get unlocked?
>>
File: donnie.gif (3MB, 241x236px) Image search: [Google]
donnie.gif
3MB, 241x236px
>>323247840
>>
>>323254312
Don't think so.
>>
>>323252761
Oh I'm going to, but I need a break from Bloodletting. Like some other guys in this thread, he's getting me good at around 1/4-1/3 of his HP sadly.
>>323252903
You get like 15-17 off the two trolls near the elevator to the left of Central Yharnam, two werewolves on the bridge, the troll on the bridge, and then heading down to the troll by the gate and the troll below the little girl's hut right near it. Super quick.

Or just put on all the Moon Runes, go to Mergo's Loft: Middle and run through the area and you get like 100k echoes, just spend them on vials.
>>
>>323250859
Beast Embrace Claw is my favourite weapon.
It's just so much fun.
>>
>>323254004
The only reason this wasn't the worst thing ever in DaS2 was because PC load times were like a second.

You still had
>BEAR
>SEEK
>SEEK
>LESS

but for some reason Bloodborne copied that too.
>>
>>323254312
>>323254365
It's the same door that's behind the Cleric Beast. It never opens.
>>
>>323253987
I could do that too yeah. Either way first comes making someone that doesn't look like they rolled around in dogshit with fetal alcohol syndrome.
>>
>>323254158
I never understood that mentality that you need to make the healing items more scarce to make the game harder.

The problem when fighting beasts in Bloodborne is not the lack of healing items, it's the fact that you get killed before you have the opportunity to use them.

Making blood vials more expensive or rare only makes the game more tedious. It's on the same level as players demanding that you don't autofill vials from your storage when you die because it's "more hardcore".
>>
>>323254421
The doll loves you, so it isn't a problem.
>>
>>323254312
No. Likely it was part of the two DLCs that they had planned and just ended up shoving them both together as the Old Hunters.
>>
>>323251272
I am cleansed of my beastly idiocy, I see the truth and have no need for silly beastly superstition. I am enlightened by my own intelligence. In this moment I am euphoric.
*tips brassica*
>>
>>323254312
It's supposed to go to the Cleric Beast bridge, but FROM never unlocked the door.
>>
>>323254568
The doll is just a figment of your imagination, you going insane. It's why she's inanimate without any insight and talking with it. You're begin to lose it.
>>
>>323254158
That's not my complaint, I beat ds2 without any issue and moderately enjoyed it. But your claim was that they didn't mess with the system, and they totally shat on it.Those healing items eventually get rained on you but they're fairly scarce early game and if you're brand new to the series and dying a lot you run the genuine risk of farming them out of existence, which even if unlikely it's a shitty mechanic for that to be possible. I've genuinely considered killing everything in drangleic permanently just to be able to show off the sad empty expanse.

As for the estus system, while upgrading it fully wasn't particularly hard they still shat up a perfectly good system, which again you made the wholly false and moronic claim they did not change. It was stupid, 5 estus and kindling the fire if you want more was perfectly fine and made any other healing items unnecessary.
>>
>>323252903
>Dark 2
>"let's not fuck with that"
That's funny.
>>
>>323254663
It's not part of the DLCs, it's just the door linking Central Yharnam and the Cathedral Ward. You can see the cleric beast bridge from the top of it. I think the only reason it's permanently locked is because of technical reasons.
>>
File: 1450696274495.png (340KB, 800x532px)
1450696274495.png
340KB, 800x532px
>>323254805
She's real! And she loves me!
>>
>>323254805
No, she's a figment of Gherman's imagination, sustained by the Moon Presence. The real doll is in the old workshop, but Gherman's obsession with Maria gave it form in the dream.
>>
>>323254823
I wonder what the two DLCs were originally. I think the Hunter's Nightmare and Research Hall were probably the first all along, so maybe Fishing Hamlet would have been bigger. It probably would have had something to do with Byrgenworth, maybe having a Byrgenworth-like Nightmare area.
>>
>>323254961
This should've happen if you got enough insight.
>>
>>323254961
She's not real Anon, just a trick of the Great Ones. You ate the chords, you see the truth, let go of this sad Hunter's Dream.
>>
>>323254961
I wonder what the connection between Mergo and Moon Presence is.
Mergo created the brains, which wear similar clothing to the Doll and are made up of hundreds of messengers. Patches can also leave messages, suggesting that either Amygdala or Mergo have the ability as well.
>>
>>323254004

It's two loading screens, unless you are going from , say, Cathedral Ward to Nightmare of Mensis. The load screen back to Hunter's Dream isn't long at all either.

Not saying it's alright, but the loading isn't that bad in Bloodborne, especially post patch.
>>
>>323254810
>your claim was that they didn't mess with the system
When the fuck did I ever make this claim? You must be mistaking my post for someone else's. The system in Dark Souls 2 is stupid because there's just WAY TOO MANY healing items. And if some dumb casual can't even beat the easiest game in the series with all these healing items rained down on them, that's their problem. They must have brain damage.

>>323254561
Like I said, it incentivizes players to get good and not get hit. And when they DO get hit, instead of healing with an item, they ACTUALLY make use of the Rally mechanic, which is currently rarely used among players because why use Rally when you have vials? People only use Rally when they're out of vials, and even then, the boss/enemy is usually already almost dead at that point after 20 vials.

Think of those Healing Tanks in Mega Man X games. They don't get handed to you. You either put up with the stupid farming for filling those tanks up or you actually git gud and fight the bosses/levels without healing. Most people, unless they're dumb casuals, do the latter.
>>
>>323255152
She drops the tear. The tear persists in the waking world.

The line between what is real and what is not as obvious as you think.
>>
>>323252903
>Dark Souls 2: Yeah, that was pretty much perfect the first time around, let's not fuck with that, except let's also add healing items you can just buy, thus nullifying the point of making them limited in the first place
>>
Guys , i started NG+
how fucked am i ?
>>
>>323255668
I think they expected you to be at full health for each enemy encounter, hence enemy and healing item spam.
>>
I'm currently going through the DLC for the first time on NG+, not that I wanted to but the ending of the game came sooner than I expected. I stumbled upon Ludwig, what am I in for?
>>
>>323255749
Not at all, unless you intend to do the DLC.
>>
File: 1425408162673.jpg (395KB, 724x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1425408162673.jpg
395KB, 724x1188px
>>323240087
can you do a lvl 1 playthrough in BB?
>>
>>323255813
Let's just say I wish you could stream it along with your reaction.
>>
>>323255813
Ludwig's by far the hardest thing in the DLC.
>>
File: wonder.jpg (60KB, 500x375px)
wonder.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
So with Dark Souls there were many different ways to stack up damage boosting effect. Eg: low health/rings/equipment/spells. Can you damage boost as much as you could in Dark souls? Because as far as I know there is no things like the red tear stone/blood within/crown of dusk etc
>>
>>323255923
No, lowest level class starts at 4 for some reason.
>>
>>323254387
Too bad you have to go thought a zillion boring dungeons and fight the worst non-boring dungeon boss in the game to get it.
>>
>>323255813
Pretty much this.
>>
>>323255923
Post more and I'll tell you.
>>
>>323256048
Low level strat is Beast Blood Pellet + Paper + Righteous/Serrated modifier, shreds through everything like tissue paper.
>>
>>323255775
Then why not make it so that in order to be at full health, you had to be good enough not to get hit?

If you're just going to make it so you can, and have to, infinitely top off your health after ever encounter, why not just give the player regenerated health? What's the difference, other than saving the player a bit of tedium?

DSII fundamentally misunderstood the point of Estus.
>>
>>323254819
>>323255668
teebeeaych I actually completely forgot how Dark souls 2 changed it.
>>
>>323255201
I still don't understand why they didn't just patch in the simple ability to access a teleportation menu to go to any other lamp when you reach a lamp outside the HD.

It would have been such an incredibly simple fix. Even post-patch, you still end up accumulating a lot of wasted minutes and eventually hours waiting on a loading screen.
>>
>>323256129
Honestly, I just think that makes the Beast Claw a bit more special. It really would be fantastic if it had an item location in the main game (I was expecting the Embrace hunter in the DLC to give me the ability to buy the claws), but having to go through the dungeons isn't really that bad once you know what you're doing, and it makes you appreciate the claws a little more.
>>
>>323254387
>hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
>>
>>323256376
That and you really should be doing the dungeons if you want to get the most out of your weapons. If anything I wish that there were more unique weapons to be found in the dungeons. People would appreciate them more.
>>
>>323256267
I remember getting 1 maximum Estus at the beginning of the game and a shit ton of lifestones and realizing right then that they fucked it up.
>>
Again.

>Moonlight Meme Sword
>Meme Cutter
>Meme of Mercy
>Memehammer
>Memewig Sword
>Meme Axe

Anyone who doesn't use the cane is an unskilled player and should stop participating in and anything related to Bloodborne.
>>
>>323256693
Nobody should ever be forced to go through the dungeons. Thank fuck the DLC gave people some half-decent gems.

The chalice dungeons should be hidden away in the shame corner.
>>
>>323256792
I seriously hope Dark Souls III won't have them. It's such a load of bullshit.
>>
File: 1403644766952.jpg (199KB, 700x993px) Image search: [Google]
1403644766952.jpg
199KB, 700x993px
>>323256085
that's a damn shame. most fun I had in DaS was on my SL1 run. is it still viable to do a run at lvl 4 then?
>>
>>323256705
>everything is a meme except my weapon!

Honestly you don't see a lot of holy moonlight swords because you need to build very specifically to get the most out of it. And I've never seen a beastcutter in pvp.
>>
>>323256934
Yeah, but get ready to get one-shot a lot.
>>
>>323256934
It alternates between the easiest and the hardest SL1 run in the series.
Main game is relatively easy aside from one-shots, but you get oneshot anyway normally.
DLC will fuck you with a drill.
>>
Was thinking on this build for an Arcane focused Moonlight Build.

How shit is it?
>>
>>323248240
>>323242953
I started with the Axe and that shit carried me through most of the game. I just got the Kirk for variety, though it's charged R2 does retarded damage.

Axe is just so fucking good. Then I got the Pizza Cutter and steamrolled everything.
>>
>>323257668
Overleveled. You don't need skill, offers very little additional AR. You only need 20 end too. Aim for 110.
>>
>>323253556
>they suck out your insight?
Did not realize this
>>
File: 1448789784612.jpg (48KB, 600x600px)
1448789784612.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
POST MORE DOLL GODDAMNIT
>>
>>323257967
That's a man, bro.
>>
>>323257668
Take out 5 points from Endurance and put it in Vitality.

25 doesn't get you the fourth swing.

>>323257875
Au contraire, HMS is quality/arcane. STR is +6 up to 25, SKI is +5 up to 25.
>>
>>323246212
>chalice dungeons
Woopty doo.
>>
File: Doll.png (1MB, 820x950px) Image search: [Google]
Doll.png
1MB, 820x950px
>>323257967
>>
File: 512265_5433589.jpg (139KB, 852x858px) Image search: [Google]
512265_5433589.jpg
139KB, 852x858px
>>323253075
>>
>>323258067
But keeping yourself within a reasonable level roster isn't especially viable if you're going 25-25-50. Better to go 25-15-50 unless you want shit vitality or no action.
>>
>>323254312
>tfw wasted hours on this shit
The only reason I stopped trying to open it is because I asked here if it was possible at all.
>>
>>323258385
I'd love to see one with Alfred talking about Vilebloods
>>
>>323255901
Why, what's so bad about the DLC?
>>
>>323258067
>Take out 5 points from Endurance and put it in Vitality.
>25 doesn't get you the fourth swing.
Fuck. What if I use a stamina rune?

>>323257668
I've been trying to keep 120 tops. I could see myself maybe pouring 10 into Vit, but I lose about 40 damage by removing 10 points of SKL, which coupled with gems should end up being a noticeable damage loss.
>>
>>323259113
It's pretty Brutal on NG+
>>
>>323258810
I don't know if you've checked, but the level range in Bloodborne is massive.

Also why PvP with HMS? I don't think it's very good.

>>323259125
I think the stamina rune will do it, but I don't know if it's worth it at that point.
>>
>>323259113
Everything does stupid amounts of damage.

I've never had any trouble when playing NG+ though. I steamrolled Ludwig on NG+ on my first try, but it also was with my first character that focused on STR.
>>
>>323259113
It's a jump in difficulty, even compared to the base game, and harbors two of the hardest bosses you will find. NG+ means they will be even harder.

Have fun, anon.
>>
>>323258067
At 25 strength/skill and 50 arc you get 491. At 12 skill you get 448. 43 extra AR is not worth over leveling or having less than 40 VIT over.
>>
>>323242054
people praise the blade of mercy but nobody mentions you cant use papers with it because it does arcane damage
>>
>>323259224
I've used it on an Arc/Str build and had amazing results. Get good.

I'm just saying keeping my level around 100-110 is well worth that extra 40 AR, you have to bear in mind that people level 120 are going to have more health and defense than people level 110, which makes the 40 AR moot and makes matchmaking that much harder.
>>
>>323259306
True. I'll see change it up.
>>
>>323244270
Because they're cowards. A true hunter will get in the enemy's face and go majestic on their ass.
>>
>>323259661
Besides nourishing gems, are there any other real alternatives?
>>
File: RAVELORD.png (262KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
RAVELORD.png
262KB, 800x800px
>>323247840
>mfw i saw somebody struggle on the witch of hemwick
he died 3 times to her
he focused on the minions every time
died to her super slow telegraphed explosion twice
had so much trouble finding where she was
how the fuck do you fuck up on a boss so hard
JUST
>>
>>323247704
Anything that doesn't play the way I like.

I love these games but fuck its players.
>>
>>323259851
Nope. Get your ass in those cursed dungeons. It's well worth the absolute wreckage this weapon causes with those double hitting R2s, I assure you. Also an excellent compliment to tentacle broccoli, though that relies on flat arcane gems.
>>
File: 1451057945631.jpg (155KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1451057945631.jpg
155KB, 599x563px
>>323256934
>that peek of bush
>>
>>323254421
they did change it at the end so the emerald herald only said 2 sentences to you.

She's still a shit waifu though, more because you were intended to like her and they clearly fucked up on that
>>
Man... life as a STR build is rough.
I cleared all the DLC areas with my SKL character and none of the bosses took more than 3 tries to beat, but now that I'm trying to do the same on my STR character Ludwig has slapped my shit like 10 times already.
>>
>>323260312
>Get your ass in those cursed dungeons
It feels like getting touched by my creep uncle all over again. I'll hate every second of getting to the cursed Pthumeru again.

>>323260319
Bush is the patrician's preference.
>>
>>323260391
>STR
Mate just pizza cut your way through everything.
>>
>>323245686
I loved doing this on my second character. once i got the best gems i got kind of bored tho.

idk what it is but i like the process of getting the best gems, but once i'm there im bored of the character.
>>
>>323260569
Yeah that thing is pretty fucking rad.
I need to find some chunks though, I spent a few upgrading the Beast Cutter, which I also find pretty cool but I guess I'm still terrible at using it.
>>
File: 1451697194260.png (474KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451697194260.png
474KB, 424x600px
>>323252903
>WAAAAAAH I USE UP ALL MY VIALS AND HAVE TO GRIND FOR THEM BECAUSE I'M DOGSHIT THE GAME IS BAD
Fuck you.
>>
>>323259883
To be fair, most people probably don't realize the mobs aren't aggressive to you unless you get in their face or hit them.

Otherwise, I had problems finding the witches too when I actually got around to it myself, but it's easy to just run around and look for them either way since they zone in and out.

I've found Souls games have bosses people are good at and bosses people are bad at. I rekt O&S my first and left Ornstein for last, but kept getting my ass handed to me by Firesage Demon in that tiny little corridor hallway for some reason.
>>
>>323255152
>You must accept your death. Be free from the night

Fuck you German. How can someone I'm meant to kill make me feel so bad?
>>
>>323260491
Best part is you need the lost variant with the waning gem to truly have the best set up for that sword, which is dropped by Amygdala if I recall correctly. Radial triangle radial is easier to gem but will always be second best.
>>
>>323260830
Calm your autism.
I'm not even that guy but the blood vial situation is kind of shit, particularly at the beginning of the game.
And don't pull the "HURR GIT GUD" shit, anyone can talk big on the Internet, and people who are actually good rarely talk like that.
>>
>>323261001
Because it's either you, or every Hunter stuck in their dreams Anon. Would you sacrifice all those other souls just to kill the Moon Presence, or would you willingly lay down your arms and take one small price to pay to ensure they continue their dream. You already ended the Nightmare, now all that's left is your life.
>>
>>323261001
He's showing you mercy. Killing you in the dream would free you from it and allow you to awaken in the morning and leave Yharnam behind you forever.

If you kill him, you do the same for him. It's an act of selflessness, because then you're stuck in his place.

Unless, of course...
>>
>>323261381
You're dead in the waking world. The game starts out with the real you, no Dream, nothing. Then you die and waken in the Hunter's Dream.

When you wake, the same fate that befell Micolash befalls you too. That's why you have to die to ever see the Dream.
>>
>>323261253
The game throws the damn things at you, especially in the starting areas. Yharnam hunters, brick trolls, executioners, church giants all drop them. There is no reason to hurt for vials unless you're shit. To the nightmare with everyone who complains about this.
>>
>>323260914
it's true that certain people are better at certain bosses than others, but the consensus that I've reached with many bloodborne players both online and off is that the witch of hemwick is one of the easiest bosses in bloodborne, even of the souls series. My first time facing the boss i quickly found out that the minions were slow as shit and only aggressive when i was near them
>>
File: laughter stops.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
laughter stops.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>323261497
>You're dead in the waking world.
>>
>>323261497
What are you talking about? You're marked and a part of the dream the moment the messangers are crawling on you. You don't have to die to get into the Hunter's Dream you know, you can just go to the first lamp.
>>
just started this up yesterday and got to the first boss on the bridge today. I was having a lot of fun, but the camera angles for this boss are absolute shit. I keep getting a screen full of stone walls. is this gonna happen a lot throughout the game?

honestly a higher camera that's farther away seems like it would be a lot better.
>>
>>323261497
All headcanon, senpai. The trophy explicitly states that you survived the night and awoke to the morning. Djura and Eileen are both hunters of the dream that were once in your shoes, but woke from it permanently. They are no longer connected to the dream and thus can't afford to die again.
>>
>>323261664
You can adjust the lock on with the Cleric Beast between its head and chest, that should help. It's better not to lock on with him though, unless you're throwing molotovs.
>>
>>323261253
Even more, a player with half a brain will make blood bullets, rally, and not use a quicksilver bullet outside a bossfight. I had 99 of them in the vanilla game by the time I got to gascoigne. Now you can have 600 if them. No, I'm sorry, these people need to stop being shit.
>>
I've been stuck on gehrman for hours and can't beat him how do I git gut?
post your BB memes
>>
File: confederates.png (318KB, 448x502px) Image search: [Google]
confederates.png
318KB, 448x502px
>>323262074
>>
File: get in the fucking bag.jpg (464KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
get in the fucking bag.jpg
464KB, 1280x1280px
>>323252903
>>
>>323261267
But why should they continue to dream? The end goal of hunters is to transcend the hunt. What of the people trapped in the dream? People lime Gascoigne's wife and daughters? And William?
>>
>>323262074
I somehow killed him on my second try, I don't even know how. Learn to parry? I parried him like 4 times.
>>
File: 1450568121302.jpg (731KB, 1328x2133px) Image search: [Google]
1450568121302.jpg
731KB, 1328x2133px
>>323262074
>stuck on gehrman for days
>give up and restart a new game to get the kill me end
>after 60 hours of the new game I come back to my old game with gehrman
>somehow kill him in a few tries

What the FUCK
>>
>>323261267
>going out like a busta
>>
>>323262074
How many times have you died?
>>
File: 1451290543092.gif (788KB, 340x266px) Image search: [Google]
1451290543092.gif
788KB, 340x266px
Which boss do you have the most trouble with in the game? I spent 4 hours trying to beat Gehrman. Though I got from using 10+ potions and bullets to only one or two when I finally got him.

Easiest boss has to be giant ayy lmao or the witches.
>>
>>323262074
Blades of Mercy, just stunlock him and beat him to death. You might get hit once.
>>
File: 6fd4ca8599fd42bbf8c0a2c118b1190f.jpg (669KB, 1700x950px) Image search: [Google]
6fd4ca8599fd42bbf8c0a2c118b1190f.jpg
669KB, 1700x950px
I always had this autistic headcanon that the Old Hunters used to call Gehrman "The Reaper" or that was his nickname everyone used. Always seemed fitting, especially considering the allusions to him being Death XIII
>>
>>323262335
Orphan of Kos, holy shit that fight was far to much for me.
>>
>>323262335
Ludwig keeps kicking my ass. The easiest Bosses for me was either the Witches, Ayy Lmao, or Ebreitas
>>
File: 1451226956936.gif (962KB, 245x213px) Image search: [Google]
1451226956936.gif
962KB, 245x213px
>>323261267

>Would you sacrifice all those other souls just to kill the Moon Presence

They either all die or go fucking batshit bonkers, the way I see it I'm killing two birds with one stone.
>>
File: 6504001b428438a5aa0ea5523c5554f6.jpg (831KB, 900x1134px) Image search: [Google]
6504001b428438a5aa0ea5523c5554f6.jpg
831KB, 900x1134px
>>323262074
Learn to parry. You can parry him in literally all his phases. It's probably the best way to learn how to parry, if you aren't good at it already.
>>
>>323262548
How to Ebrietas? despicable blobby thing
>>
>>323262335
Ludwig.

Special mention to Laurence for being a faggot reskin with a terrible camera.
>>
File: 1426317255520.jpg (56KB, 637x446px) Image search: [Google]
1426317255520.jpg
56KB, 637x446px
>>323261001
>can't accept your death
>can't beat him
>stuck forever in the night
>>
>>323262335
I suck at dodging magic, so on NG was Ebrietas, getting one shotted by micolash AcB on NG+ was embarassing. Gherman is brutal in NG++ and up.

Fuck defiled chalices.
>>
>>323262462
Come on, it's tough but that fight is insanely fun.
>>
>>323263023
I did manage to beat him, but holy fuck every second was so tense when he went full nigger mode. I found out how to backstab him and he kept spamming his jump attack so I got in so many backstabs.
>>
>>323262931
Fuck Micolash. I got fucked because he'd run stun me with the augur when you drop to that room he's in, at which point I was pretty much dead.

I had to roll to not get stunned by the fall.
>>
>>323262396
Whoever made this picture didn't read the lore in the burial blade nor know anything about Gherman.
>>
>>323263202
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>323262703
Get the Loch Shield. Makes that cosmic blast spam, the one threatening element of Ebrietas, a moot point.
>>
>>323262703
Get in her ass, spam R1, side dash to avoid laser magic.
>>
>>323263276
German's weapon tells you he sees the hunt as a means to end the nightmare for those he kills, to put them to rest and free them from the horror. That picture paints him as a blood addled fool.
>>
File: vicar.jpg (761KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vicar.jpg
761KB, 1920x1080px
Any tips for soloing this boss?
Currently using a kirkhammer
>>
>>323262703
If you have a long ranged weapon, hitting her head deals massive damage. Just learn what moves can connect, it's relatively easy with the Axe, the Church Pick, or pretty much any large weapon that does an overhead attack.

Or the Bowblade, which makes her a joke.
>>
File: 1431391852414.gif (549KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
1431391852414.gif
549KB, 400x302px
>>323263541
flamethrower
>>
>>323263165
I forget, are the manequinns with you once he's trapped in the room?
>>
>>323263541
Just get on her ass. When you see her just fucking around doing nothing, hit her front / chest / head. You can set her up for a visceral.
>>
>>323262703
I had Stake Driver and I just stuck to her right side. It was easy to dodge most of her attacks and just keep stabbing her in the sides. She also didn't have a backstep so it was even easier
>>
>>323263539
I'm pretty sure he killed something at some point and there was blood.
>>
>>323263645
No. He's alone.
>>
>>323263276
He's one of the gentlest and most good natured people in any of the soulsborne games. He deeply sympathizes with the beasts and the burial blade is named as such because it symbolized mercifully ending their suffering. He wished to pay them proper respect in death. Presumably by giving them proper graves, there certainly are plenty of them scattered about.
>>
>>323263541
Saw cleaver, fire gem. Smack her arms on pound and alternate on her legs. Literally need nothing else, not even numbing mists.
>>
>>323263767
>>323263539
Makes sense. Still looks cool as fuck though.
>>
So Arianna's at the cathedra, moaning in a non-sexy way.

Is she screwed?

Meanwhile, the granny is chilling, and the nun is batshit insane, just laughing.
>>
>>323263828
Beat Micolash
>>
File: 1431899674353.gif (444KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
1431899674353.gif
444KB, 220x165px
>>323263828
>Is she screwed?
>>
>Fighting Abhorrent beast
>Visceral attack him
>Camera can't lock on and gets stuck to the ground and i can only see my hunter from a completely above view 1 foot above him as i get mauled to death.

Somehow i found a way to hate that faggot more and whenever i visceral him i'm in a constant state of fear it will do it again.
>>
>>323263695
Are you being purposedly dense? Have you looked at his face as he defeats you? Or heard his dialigue begging to be free of the dream? Gherman is sick of the hunt.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 734x544px)
image.jpg
72KB, 734x544px
>>323263828
She's gonna give birth soon
>>
>>323263976
How do you VA Abhorrent beast?
>>
>>323262335
do you count that hunter at the end of eileen's quest as a boss? because fuck that mother fucker kicked my face in harder than any boss so far. Other than that, for some reason blood starved beast gave me quite a bit of trouble, because fuck poison, but haven't found anyone as hard since.
>>
>>323264008
What's the deal with that anyway? Why does she pretend to be dead after you throw two pebbles at the thing?
>>
>>323264008
Guess being a whore eventually leads to that.

>>323263951
>>323263954
O-Ok.
>>
File: 1414824176856.jpg (123KB, 582x375px)
1414824176856.jpg
123KB, 582x375px
So let me get this straight. Ayyliens come to earth and an ancient civ that built the chalice dungeons worships them then die out. William and a couple fuck buddies find the ruins and start to study their stuff and uncover things while one of them starts to use blood magic and goes on to found the church and hunters. Kos(or kosm) gets killed by hunters and the whole hunter lineage gets cursed to return back then eventually. Yharnam miscarries the paleblood baby which is the reason old blood turns people into monsters. You go to Yarn ham to cure some unrelated blood plauge so Gary makes you sign a contract to put an end to monsters which let's you enter dreams. Am I missing anything important?
>>
>>323264005
It's just a game. Fuck. You are complaining about fan art.
>>
>>323264130
>>323264130
>pretend
Psychic links ain't nothing to fuck with.
>>
>>323263828
Just wait a while on Arianna, and periodically check down the ladder near the tomb of Oeden. Then, time for mercy therefore execution. You'll know when.
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 470x157px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 470x157px
>>323263976
>MFW fighting the Suspicious Beggar on my first play through

I just barely survived
>>
>>323247042
Don't most people just use the Reinforced Club for SL1 runs in DaS?
>>
>>323263828
Nah she's fine man, just check back up on her after you do Mergo.
>>
>>323264269
And you are completely undermining the character.
>>
>>323264275
She's blinking though
>>
>>323264404
Just an idle animation, like how no character actually moves their mouth.
>>
>>323264230
There were never any aliens
>>
>>323264368
Are you telling me Gehrman has never killed a beast before?
>>
>>323264404
>what are afterlife twitches

that's possible right?
>>
>>323264563
That bothers me more than I thought it would.
>>
>>323264269
The point is that killing was never something he enjoyed, he would never have grinned about it. Some people like to be engrossed by the artistic side of their vidya, anon.
>>
>>323264404
Must be a texture thing, she's meant to be dead. Hell, everyone accept eileen and the church dweller probably die at the end.
>>
>>323242953
started with axe until I got pizza cutter and ayy arm but I might take it to +10
>>
>>323243490
>>323241974
>>323241716
BoM combined with beasthood does insane DPS. Only the memeligig saw is more OP in that regards
>>
>>323264563
Dollfu does when she claps at your gesture skills
>>
>>323264657
What, why does everyone die?
>>
>>323264628
I'm saying he's well aware of the nature of beasts and though he may put them down, clearly it hurts him to do so.
>>
>>323264280
>Then, time for mercy therefore execution. You'll know when
But I like her, anon. She's a pure slut. Why must fate be so cruel to her?
>>
>>323264779
You haven't finished the game?
>>
>>323264657
Eileen dies too. That's how her quest ends. She rests and dies.
>>
>>323264876
I did but I'm dense
>>
>>323264780
Yes I know his character in the game does not reflect the picture, but can you honestly say there wasn't a point in time where he killed a beast and enjoyed the bloodshed? Because literally every hunter bathes in blood like so.
>>
>>323244869
church pick is brety gud too
>>
>>323264628
He would never have smiled maniacally while doing so. His work took a toll on his emotions. He fucking cries about it in game.
>>
>>323264871
Because We need new ayylmao babbies
>>
>>323264871
>pure
Read her shoes, her blood vial and the liason runes.
>>
File: 1452023876447.jpg (38KB, 473x357px)
1452023876447.jpg
38KB, 473x357px
>decided to do a playthrough with no lock-on
>tfw backstabbing gascoine and bloodstained beast

just beat the shadows of yharnam too holy fuck

why didn't anyone tell me how much fun this is?
>>
>>323264924
Never dies on camera, it's implied by that she escaped and gave up the hunt.
>>
>>323264949
>tfw I'd sometimes just draw enemies around to make a huge pool of blood
>tfw I'd always run over to a boss exploding just to revel in it

Eileen would be disappointed in me, I became the very thing she swore to destroy, then again I did join the Vilebloods.
>>
>>323264949
Then maybe you should read the lower blood items, coldbloid dew and such. Hunters aren't meant to be bloodthirsty lunatics. That's what a beasts is.
>>
>>323265112
Not when I put a blade in her skull.
>>
>>323264949
Not every hunter. Not Eileen, not Maria, and certainly not Gherman. He knew how to keep himself from being addled by blood.
>>
>>323265305
He may feel bad about it afterwards, but I'm assuming hunters would go into a frenzy during a fight. That is exactly what the picture is supposed to depict.
>>
>>323244739
If he was a beast, he wouldn't be able to be around the incense.
>>
allright, so im upto the third boss. He has this stick/axe thing. the lil minions he summons were wrecking my shit, but oddly he can wreck his minions which makes me laugh. Does he just keep summoning minions forever, or could i stop it?

oh this is after i find laslo....
>>
>>323265232
Well when I said that I didn't count on you being a fag.
>>
>>323264939
You kill the suiscious beggar. In helping ten old lady you seal her doom. Gascoigne's wife dies by his hands, and he at yours. You offer refuge at Odeon chapel to his child and she gets eaten by a pug. Her sister realizes she is alone and kills herself. Adrianna dies when you kill her child. You also kill Henrik. And djura and his ally. If you help Alfred, his quest is done and he kills himself. You're the freaking angel of death.
>>
anyone up for helping me out with micolash im on new game plus and hes kicking my ass
>>
>>323265595
I thought the old lady only dies if you take too much sedatives from her?

Oh so that's why the sister died. Kinda weird considering how she's happy she got the ribbon.

I left Djura alone though, but that fucker downstairs won't stop harassing me so he had to go.

What about Iosefka?
>>
>>323265408
You fight Gherman yourself and he absolutely doesn't act like that. Sorry, the picture looks cool but that's just not what he is.
>>
>>323265491
Her job is done Anon, I got my badge. She shouldn't have been so trusting, bloodlusting is bestlusting.
>>
>>323265595
The nun and the guy that always thinks you're lying live. Also the old lady doesn't have to die.
>>323265839
Stick around by her and you'll realize that she starts basically caressing the ribbon and calling it her precious or something. Go down the ladder beside her house too, you'll find she jumped off it to her death.
>>
File: image.jpg (232KB, 1024x576px)
image.jpg
232KB, 1024x576px
>>323265595
Yeah but you can be friends with the Chapel Dwller and have hot nun sex with Adella
>>
>>323265839
>What about Iosefka?
She's kill.

Fake Iosefka fucked her over and you kill her (or not) when she becomes an ayylium.
>>
>>323265927
Sure. But the canon fate of Eileen is utterly in the air. All I know is in my game she took blood, said she was giving up the hunt, and when she left there was no sign or reason to believe that she'd died.
>>
>>323265839
Yes

The moon was affecting her, maybe she got some sanity back and regretted it?

Fuck djura

She gets pregnant and goes insane, when she was sane she was experimenting on people, so she had to go. Doing that to the real Iosefka, despicable.
>>
So who's that nigger at the fishing hamler that goes around cursing everyone?

Does he drop anything?
>>
>>323265232
You can't go on like this...
>>
>>323266218
Pregnant? Like Arianna? Why though?
>>
>>323266207
I personally assumed she was dead honestly. I mean she's lying in a pool of blood and does the whole "Just let me rest awhile", hinting at her death. I mean plenty of people who die in the game don't show back up, like the Suspicious Beggar and shit. Only one I can think of that stays permanently is the little girl's older sister.
>>
>>323266357
Cuz Oedon gets all the bitches.
>>
>>323266218
The real Iosefka, if you go through all of her dialogue, seems very taken with you. She might have wanted something between you when the morning came.

Choir doc ain't having that.
>>
>>323265927
A HOONTER'S BLOOD FOR ME!
>>
>>323264317
That and the hand axe are the go-tos, but you can use a bunch of stuff because of unscaled elemental stuff.

One of the better weapons is like the giant blacksmith's hammer.
>>
>>323266321
Talk to him as broccoli. Now you can curse a fool too!
>>
>>323266453
So the real Iosefka is not an evil bitch? I never got all of her dialogue, mainly because I got suspicious of her.
>>
>skill build

use the greatest weapon in the game, the reiterpallsch
>>
why does the Doll bleed semen
>>
>>323266453
What dialogue? I thought she only gave you her blood vial and tells you to fuck off.
>>
>>323266613
The Kin you kill in the starting room drops her Vial, that's the real Iosefka. The one you kill that tells you to stay away is the one experiment and acting like fake Iosefka. She's basically trying to be the one to come pregnant instead of Arianna, but she fails as her blood stays the same color when you kill her.

Credits confirms it, with Imposter Doctor followed right after Iosefka's name.
>>
>>323266698
shes a paleblood
>>
>>323266357
>When a great one descends, a womb will be blessed with child

Because. Only ones who don't go preggo are the old lady cause she must be barren and Adella, because she's a saint of blood and possibly shares Ebrietas blood, protecting her from being impregnated by the moon. She still goes insane though, and if you kill her she drop the Odeon writhe rune, so she may be pregnant and I suck beast Blood pellets.
>>
>>323266376
I thought that at first too. But the more I thought about it, the more up in the air it seemed. She never stopped breathing, and she didn't so much as leave a stain. Everyone in the chapel leave blood or a body. I think she survived.
>>
>>323266698
gehrman and hunters stuck in the dream have extensively used her, if you catch my drift
>>
>>323266764
She says she hopes the night soon ends so she can meet you face to face, and a few other things.
>>
>>323266764
>>323266613
If you keep talking to her and getting vials in the early game, meaning you have to use them, she says something along the lines of hoping that you both survive the hunt
"So that maybe... I can finally see your face."
Or some romantic thing like that.
>>
>>323266698
DOLL CONFIRMED FOR HAVING HOLESS YOU CAN FUCK!
>>
>>323267121
>>323267073
Wow fuck that fake

Now I feel bad
>>
>>323266764
There's more Dialouge if you use the vial, then talk to her again. You have to do this a lot of times, it's a pain to go through all the loading screens.
>>
>>323267278
>2016 ANNO DOMINI
>Still shit tier loading times
It annoys me to no end that my BBStation is so shit.
>>
>>323267236
I know, man. If she had lived through the night, perhaps my hunter would have chosen to let Gherman wake him from the dream instead of turning into a squid.
>>
>>323267376
My BBStation is dying.
>>
>>323267676
>Wake up to get away from this shithole
>Go pick up your doctor waifu on your way out
It was never meant to be.
>>
>>323267821
Holy shit anon, what the fuck? Is it not ventilated or something?

The FPS is bad, but I only ever had drops this terrible on Yahar Gul for no apparent reason.
>>
>>323267953
I've only had drops on the shadow's fog gate and once in byrgenwerth
>>
>>323267821
you playing online cuz if your connection drops your frames drop
>>
>>323266529
How to broccoli? I just killed Orphan.
>>
>>323244270
Defiled Watchdog is the easiest boss in the game with the cane. I remember helping countless Axfags get passed him.
>>
So out of these which would be better to focus upgrades on: Beast Cutter, Meme Knock off Sword, Chikage/Rakuyo, BoM, Burial Blade.

I don't have the stats right now for chikage because I was drunk and accidentally leveled my Arcane to 12
>>
>>323268553
BoM and burial blade are rad as fuck
>>
>>323268313
Do the brain fluid quest to completion, then equip milkweed rune.
>>
>>323268616
Guess I'll go back to trying to kill Blood Crow. This is such fucking cancer.
>>
>>323268553
>Holy Moonlight Sword
>Knock off

Nigga that shit was the thing the meme blade was made to imitate. The HMS is much more interesting and certainly more versatile that meme sword, and the untricked bastard sword form is highly underrated.
>>
>>323268806
you can just kill eileen

she's my favorite NPC though so I always do her quest line

and yeah fuck edgelord crowsteel
>>
>>323268806
>>323268958
I just poisoned knife him from the door, maybe stab him a few times and make sure he tricks the Chikage for extra damage.
>>
>>323268894
I was talking about the meme blade cuz.
>>
>>323263828
I find it interesting that Adella the Nun was originally going to be a church giant.
I wonder why they changed it. Maybe they just couldn't be bothered making a unique model.
>>
File: 1438302870197.png (1B, 486x500px)
1438302870197.png
1B, 486x500px
Where does Ghernman go when he isn't in the cabin?
Like after he tells you to go to old Yharnam?
>>
>>323268958
>>323269228
He's really not that bad guys. He's a fun fight. Took me two tries with Ludwig's guiding moonlight.
>>
>>323269530
He's supposed to be in the garden I think, but every time I've played he just disappears after a very short while.
>>
>>323265839
So where is Djura's third apprentice?
One is in Old Yharnam, on is in the Hunter's Nightmare. Where's the third? Could the third apprentice be one of the beasts in Old Yharnam? Maybe his friend turned and that's what made him sympathise with the beasts?

Or is the third apprentice the corpse where you find the Charred set?
>>
>>323269530
behind the gate probably

>>323269654
Yeah I don't think he's too bad but infinite ammo and his obscene health pool make him annoying
>>
>>323269690
It was Paarl
>>
>>323269815
didn't darkbeasts come from the chalice dungeons?
>>
>>323269815
Spark Hunter Badge
"Badge crafted in secret by Archibald, the infamous eccentric of the Healing Church, for his friends."
Paarl drops the badge when killed, so he's definitely one of Archibald's friends.
>>
>>323268553
Out of those Rakuyo is your best bet out of the ones I've tried.
Burial Blade is outclassed by a lot of weapons imo and memeblade is just boring. I haven't tried BoM or Beast Cutter though.
>>
>>323269973
I remember Burial Blade being fun, but ultimately no stronger than my Cane.
Haven't really tried the Church Pick, though. I've heard it's pretty good.
>>
>>323269530
In hiding, furiously masturbating to the doll's underwear.
>>
>>323270054
It is. I got it a while ago and while dubious at first, the tricked form is stupidly good.

You can even do a charged R2, into a second R2 attack that does more damage AND also leaves enemies open for a visceral, which means you can get 3 powerful attacks in. Not sure if it works with all enemies, but it worked with me.
>>
How much tinge do I need to make Simon's not shit if I'm planning to run 27.2% physicals on it?
>>323270054
The Church Pick was amazing against defiled hotdog and amy but I still prefer the Rakuyo overall.
>>
>>323241193
BoM is pretty fun to use and has a high damage ceiling while dealing damage very quickly. It works really well against most bosses except for maybe amygdala and a few chalice dungeon bosses, which is why I use the church pick or rakuyo when I need a weapon with more range.
>>
>>323269690
He's the guy in the cave in the DLC, according to the guide.
>>
>>323270681
No, the third guy.
One in Old Yharnam
One in the cave in Hunter's Dream
Where's the third?
>>
>>323270770
isn't it just the dude below where he's shooting from?
>>
File: 1336910147952.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1336910147952.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>323270845
No, the third. As in three, as in the one after second.
>>
>>323270845
Djura had three companions. You covered 2. Still going with Paarl.
>>
How do I flamesprayer?
>>
>>323270965
L2
>>
>>323270962
Paarl is a friend of Archibald.
Djura's third companion is probably the corpse with the Charred set.
>>
>>323270965
Pump everything into ARC

Pop bone ash marrows

Cleanse these foul streets
>>
>>323270960
>>323270962
never mind I'm retarded, my brain processed djura being part of the three for some reason

>>323270965
arcane builds only, no point i having it over gun and if you want to fire damage beast early on use the torch
>>
>you'll never help Maria find happiness
>>
What's the best way to get chunks? Feels like the only thing that drops them are chalice dungeons after you clear out all of the scurrying beasts, but that's incredibly slow and painful.
>>
>>323271432
Frc chalice watchers drop 1 to 2 each time.
But that's after a while of running chalice dungeons.
>>
>>323271432
Try farming legwolves with maximum discovery.
>>
>>323271490
As a boss or as enemies? Seems like I get gems most of the time.
>>
>>323271401
>That dead stare on adult Maria
>>
>>323271401
>gascoign's daughter is maria

this is just fan art right?
>>
>>323271703
That's not Gascoigne
>>
>>323271703
That's gherman you dolt
>>
>>323271782
>>323271816
well shit for some reason it looked like he had the covers on his eyes
>>
>>323264230
>an ancient civ that built the chalice dungeons worships them then die out
They're not really dead, just totally degenerated. You fight mad pthumerians in the chalice dungeons. The church servants also look a lot like them but supposedly they're "created" by the church.
>Yharnam miscarries the paleblood baby which is the reason old blood turns people into monsters.
I think the old blood just turns people into beasts because the blood just has power and aside from healing, that power happens to bring out the beasthood innate in all men, as implied by the beast roar item description.
>>
>>323271649
She actually has either a troubled or grief look.

Notice her eyebrows and her mouth. The shadows show a troubled grimace at what they are seeing

Probably what they did in the Fishing Hamlet
>>
Is Skill/Arc a reasonable combination?
>>
Ebrrrrrrrrrietas
>>
>>323271852
I know you are still sad you can't save the little girl
>>
>>323272054
what would you even use?
>>
Goddamn I've beaten this game and BSB still gives me trouble every time I face him
>>
>>323272054
I'm going to say no. Your only naturally scaling weapon is Burial Blade, so have fun with the rest of the game.

There's no split damage weapon otherwise, so you're either primary Arcane with just enough skill for a weapon you want to use, or primary Skill with a couple points in Arcane for utility spells.

The problem is that all skill weapons have crap Arcane scaling.
>>
>>323272054
no, you're better off skl/blt or skl/str
>>
>>323272280
>>323272242
>>323272164
Fugg
I just wanted to be a magic ninja
>>
>>323240087
this game is just too fucking good
I played it at on a friends console for 10 hours straight and I now know how good it is, so I'm getting a ps4
any other games worth checking out?
>>
>>323272335
I just went to 15 arc to use the hunters bone
I should have went to 20 for gloves
>>
>>323272280
Or just pure Skill. I think Skill has the worst synergy in the entire game.

>>323272335
Yeah, no dice. That's why I said fuck it and I'm taking a character to max level to play around with weapons and builds until I find something I like.
>>
>>323272431
skill goes well with BT though
>>
How long does it take to find the pizza cutter in the DLC?
>>
>>323272601
before the first boss
>>
>>323272601
Like 10 minutes tops if you know where it is
>>
>>323272601
It's at the ass-end of the first zone, before the first boss
>>
>>323272653
>>323272668
>>323272691
Okay. I'm deciding if I want to be a fag and just start the DLC before finishing the base game to get it.
>>
>>323272480
Sort of? I think STR/BLT is better. With SKI/BLT, you have Reiterpallasch or Chikage.

Reiterpallasch is this annoying 40/40 thing where you have to have both to support the trick/untrick form, but neither stat benefits the other form. Also since you're SKI/BLT, you don't get to use interesting offhand weapons, so Reiterpallasch probably redundant with your offhand.

Chikage is the same thing but the other way, since trick form uses BLT. But again, that doesn't benefit untrick. You also have this tiny toolbox where you get Chikage, Evelyn, Repeater, the whistle, and that's all you ever get. Your skill probably won't be high enough to use other skill weapons effectively, so you put yourself in a very niche spot.
>>
File: best weapon.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
best weapon.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>bloodborne thread
>nobody talking about stake driver

What a bunch of massive faggots.
>>
>>323272804
it's bad m8, just face it

I wanted it to be good but it's just so bad

only thing that's worse is tonitrus
>>
>>323272335
same and then came the realization that nothing works well for this combination. Made a skl/arc character before the dlc since the bowblade then was skl/arc shown from all the demos. Got pissed as fucked when they changed it to skl/bt. At least I was able to salvage it bu turning it into skl/str quality character with 18 arc for augur parries
>>323272794
>With SKI/BLT, you have Reiterpallasch or Chikage
forgetting the bowblade brah, S/S caling for skl and blt
>>
>>323272876
Oh yeah, I forgot about Bowblade somehow. Guess that works because it destroys everything. Fuck it, go SKI/BLT.
>>
File: uAogSgY.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
uAogSgY.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>323272804
>mfw they took a big fucking mecha weapon and attached it to an ordinary person
>>
>>323272758
Finishing the base game forces you into NG+ automatically

You have to beat the DLC first
>>
>>323272872
I can't believe they fucked it up so badly. Stake Driver + Gatling Gun should've been THE build.
>>
>>323273072
Okay. Well I'm not too terribly far into the game. I feel like it would just break the base game if I had it early on.
>>
>>323264230
No. Ancient Pthumerians discovered the Old Blood and used it the same way it's being used in Yarhnam, which afflicted them with the Scourge of Beasts. Eventually thee entire society collapsed and all that is left are the horrors inside the labyrinth. The Pthumerian Queen, Yarnham, was impregnated by an Old One and was to have a child named Mergo. However the children of the Great Ones always die for some reason. Later William and Byrgenwerth find the labyrinths and the Old Blood. William quickly understands that the Old Blood is dangerous and shouldn't be used, but his compatriot Laurence disagrees and splits off with his followers to form the Church. William believed that mankinds evolution was through studying the Great Ones and ascending to their level, and Laurence believed that evolution should be through Blood, making man immune to disease and incredibly strong. Laurence was wrong though, and as the church propagated this miracle cure of Old Blood throughout Yarnahm, more and more people fell to beasthood. Eventually Hunters became the very beasts they hunted. When the PC arrives, it's ostensibly to be cured by the miraculous Old Blood, but instead of being killed by the beasts, they are pulled into the Hunter's Dream and tasked with exterminating the beasts. As you go through the game you slowly begin to realize that it's more than blood and beasts. After you kill the Wet Nurse and end the nightmare, Gherman offers to put you down, allowing you to awaken mortal again with fading memories of your time in Yarhnam, OR you can refuse his offer and fight him, freeing him from the Moon Presence. the Moon Presence has actually been behind this whole thing, trapping Gherman in the dream and sending Hunters to kill the children of its peers. By killing the Moon Presence, you free Gherman and end the cycle of the Old Blood. However, you yourself are ascended to being a Great One.
>>
Why is everyone so tall in this game
Did the hunter come to Yharnam to be cured of his manletness?
>>
>>323273312
I never even considered the reason why great ones can't have children is because the moon presence always sends someone to abort it.

Pretty gud theory bro, don't tell Vaati.
>>
>>323272335
Wait, what if I used Blades of Mercy or Rakuyo?
Dont those have arcane scaling?
>>
>>323272872
What the fuck did you just fucking say about stake driver, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Powder Kegs, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Yharnam church, and I have over 300 confirmed hunter kills. I am trained in beast warfare and I'm the top machine gun sniper in the entire Powder Keg forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to my weapon on the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of beasts across the Old Yharnam and your dream is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Powder Kegs and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>323273539
BoM yes, Rakuyo no. Rakuyo has no elemental/arcane damage component without gems, so if you put gems on it, you'd only be using arcane and not skill scaling.

Sorry, I forgot BoM had arcane damage.
>>
>>323273539
BoM has innate arc dmg. Its nothing to write home about though. You're better off going pure skl with tools(arc 15, 18 or 20)
>>
>>323272217
Strafe to your right and dodge certain attacks. He literally cannot touch you. Add fire paper for a quicker kill and keep antidote handy.
>>
>>323273564
>Says this speech
>AI falls off tower during fight

Gravity always wins
>>
>>323272872
Tonitrus carried me through the whole game. It's how I beat Orphan of Kos in one go. Don't shit talk my weaponfu.
>>
>>323274012
you can beat the game with any weapon, doesn't mean there arn't good or bad weapons

it's fucking transformation is applying a bolt paper for god sakes
>>
>>323274012
This. Its a beast of a weapon when upgraded. Has definitely helped in tight situations. Too bad it has the durability of play-doh.
>>
>>323274076

pretty fucking based if you ask me. most things are ridiculously weak to lightning
>>
>>323273539
BoM with BBP rekt a shit ton of bosses. Good pve weapon but what gives Rakuyo the edge is that it has higher AR, better reach, a good move set and you can buff it.
I use both with 27 percent gems for any occasion needed
>>
>>323273513
Yup, and then when you beat Gherman it sees you as his replacement. Your character refuses its embrace and so it gets pissed. It'll be back though, the Great Ones never really die. Also, the doll is a Great One as well, working against the Moon Presence. The Doll was given life when Gherman prayed to the Great Ones to bring back Maria. It's not Maria's consciousness however inside of the Doll as it has no memories of anything Maria has done. It only knows of the dream, Gherman, you and prior Hunters. Gherman realized this, hence why you can hear him begging to be saved. The Doll is also completely lifeless until you acquire Insight, and Insight is what allows you to see the effects that the Great Ones have on the world. (If you have enough Insight early enough, you can see the Blood Moon before killing Rom and you can hear Mergo crying.) This is further compounded by the Doll taking you lovingly into your arms when you ascend to a fledgling Great One, as if the Doll were your mother. Remember that it says that the Great Ones children all die, so they find surrogates. Also, if the Doll was brought to "life" for Gherman, why is it still active after he's gone? Why would the Doll be the character to empower the PC through Blood Echoes anyway, why not Gherman the FIRST Hunter? Because the Doll is tired of the Moon Presence killing all of its children, and empowers the player to eventually kill it.
>>
>>323274153
why bother when you can just buy them?

it easily has the worst l1 and it's base as a weapon isn't too good either
>>
>>323274076
Tonitrus is literally the most cost-efficient weapon in the game. Bolt papers are like 10k each which means each time you use the transform you're gaining 10k echoes. As a new player going through the game those souls add me. Not to mention if you transform farm you can gain upwards of 1m echoes in literally minutes.
>>
File: 1452271615109.webm (1B, 486x500px)
1452271615109.webm
1B, 486x500px
>>323273954
>>
>>323274232
or 1 insight
>>
>>323262335
Fire beast on Defiled Chalice raped my ass so hard that I gave up and farmed a while before trying it again, but from the main game I think the only one that gave me real trouble was Gascoigne, that boss was a great "git gud" wall, where you need to learn how to parry to get past him.
>>
>>323274217

who wants to waste consumables against non-boss creeps.

Especially the celestial ones.
>deal -30% damage with a physical weapon
>200% with the tonitrus
>>
>>323274240
kek, gotta love when he an heroes
>>
>>323274590

https://a.uguu.se/jvsbcw_DINDUNUTTIN.webm
>>
>>323263541

Spike driver alternate mode charged attack with bolt paper, kill her in 6-10 hits
>>
>>323274076
Its transformation doesn't apply a bolt paper.
Its transformation increases the scaling to like 120% and adds a fuckton of AR.
One of the strongest weapons in the game as a STR/ARC build with a Heavy Abyssal, a Nourishing Abyssal, and a Cold Abyssal.
Thread posts: 537
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.