[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get that Cloud became the equivalent of a SOLDIER after he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

File: 7-sephiroth-a.jpg (100KB, 1116x800px) Image search: [Google]
7-sephiroth-a.jpg
100KB, 1116x800px
I get that Cloud became the equivalent of a SOLDIER after he lost his memories, but during the reactor incident, when he threw Sephiroth into the reactor and killed him, how did he survive a sword stabbing and have the strength to kill the world's most powerful man?
>>
Cloud had Jenova and mako treatment as well. He also clearly had some potential, since he eventually became the greatest warrior on the planet and surpassed Sephiroth legitimately.
>>
>>323228398
Also, Sephiroth was still in his crazed state and completely let his guard down, as he would against what he assumed was just some punk shinra MP.
>>
>>323226712
>how did he survive a sword stabbing and have the strength to kill the world's most powerful man?

Plot shield. It's simple as that.

>>323228398
What kind of fucking bullshit are you spewing? Cloud received Jenova cell and Mako treatments AFTER Nibelheim accident, because Hojo noticed potential.
>>
Its not like Sephiroth was at his best when Cloud threw him into the reactor. Cloud had just stabbed him clean through with the Buster Sword from behind. Also Cloud had the potential to be part of SOLDIER but failed the psyche tests. His character was always about developing a will and at that moment he developed enough will power to throw Sephiroth into the reactor
>>
>>323230487
>Cloud had just stabbed him clean through with the Buster Sword from behind.
huh? Is this what happened in advent children or something?
>>
>>323226712
Considering Sephiroth kills the president early in the game and then you spend the rest trying to follow and stop him, what makes you think Cloud killed him in that reactor in that flash back scene? I mean, you see him fall, not die.
>>
>>323231013
Play the game.
>>
It happens in FF7. When after Sephiroth beats Zack he gazes at Jenova in the test tube. Cloud wakes up after being knocked out by the original rampage and finds the destruction of his town and arrives at the power plant seeing Tifa and Zack out cold. He then takes the Buster sword and stabs Sephiroth while he's looking in the tube.
>>
>>323231013
That was JENOVA taking Sephiroth's form you dummy
>>
>>323231013
None of those were Sephiroth, those were the Jenova samples acting under Sephiroth's control. Sephiroth was in the Nothern Crater for the entire duration of the main game timeline.
>>
>>323231253
was a reply to
>>323230725
>>
>>323230725
Before Crisis, after Zack lost to Sephiroth, Cloud, who was with a wounded Tifa during the fight, picked up the Buster sword and stabbed Sephiroth while he was distracted looking at Jenova
>>
Cloud stabbed Sephiroth with the Buster Sword.

Cloud was seemingly still running on the adrenaline and anger

Plot armor
>>
>>323231189
>>323231286
There is nothing in the game that shows you that you actually killed him. You all just assumed he died cause he fell. And no, I don't feel like replaying what is one of the crappier ff games.
>>
Nanomachines
>>
>>323231518
>>323231253
So you're not talking about the original then.
>>
>>323230725
>huh? Is this what happened in advent children or something?
No, it happened in the flashback in the original game.

>>323226712
Sephiroth let his guard down and Cloud got the jump on him, also, Cloud wasn't really a wimp, he just didn't make it into SOLDIER
>>
>>323231379
Oh, so you mean he was still alive this whole time!
BOOM!
I win!
>>
>>323231551
I'm not going to spoil it. Just play the game.
>>
>>323231639
I am.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-cbe2gDzCk

around 14:56
>>
>>323231746
No thank you, maybe when the remastered version comes out, but the original isn't worth more then one play though.
>>
>>323228747
>hojo noticed potential

Hojo is a retarded mad scientist. He noticed a pair of warm bodies no one would miss. If cloud hadn't been freed by zack, he'd look like one of those monsters in the pods inside the reactor.
>>
>>323231657
>Oh, so you mean he was still alive this whole time!
I'm not really sure if he was what you could call alive, he was encased in materia in the North Cave.
>>
>>323231872
>If cloud hadn't been freed by zack, he'd look like one of those monsters in the pods inside the reactor
How the fuck did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>323231657
I wasn't saying he wasn't alive, just that the guy you keep following isn't actually him.
>>
>>323231768
Huh. Had no recollection of that part.
>>
>>323231872
Hojo was notified at the reactor that Cloud was the one who took Sephiroth down, hence why he took interest specifically. Check your shit before you pretend to know shit, faggot.
>>
>>323231872
>If cloud hadn't been freed by zack, he'd look like one of those monsters in the pods inside the reactor.
That's a big maybe, there's no telling what kind of monster he would turn into, he may have just turned into one of those guys in the black cloaks
>>
Zack's buster sword has the pre-emptive materia equipped wben Cloud picked it up. It let him sneak up Sephi and I'd assume Sephi was caught enough off guard that Cloud could fling him in the Mako abyss, which pretty much insta-kill
>>
>>323232328
>Zack's buster sword has the pre-emptive materia equipped wben Cloud picked it up.
I never thought of that, what materia do you think Zack had?
>>
>>323232494
Clearly he didn't have final attack+revive or phoenix in his armor slots.
>>
That reminds me, Sephiroth slashed Tifa right? Shouldn't she have a crazy scar?
>>
>>323231657
Nah. That sephiroth was pretty fucking dead. He lost most of his body, I believe. His consciousness stayed alive though and that started reassembling the bits and pieces of him, including those in all his clones (making them babble about "reuinion"). Cloud was among those clones. This is how Sephiroth was fucking with his head through the entire game, feeding him info and so forth.. When the reunion happened, his body still wan't complete and he turned into that half angel thing.
>>
>>323232328
>Mako abyss, which pretty much insta-kill

Oh, you mean like how Cloud fell into the lifestream in Mideel and lived?

Again, there is no proof that Cloud actually killed Sephiroth in that reactor.
>>
>>323232889
Potions are pretty bad ass. Several characters burned to death in my playthrough, but they healed right up.
>>
>>323232630
kek
>>
>>323232494
You can actually see it equipped when you go to the equip menu in the flash back IIRC
>>
>>323232889
She should, yes.
>>
>>323233009
>Again, there is no proof that Cloud actually killed Sephiroth in that reactor.
Read Ultimania, you dum fag.
>>
>>323233009
Confirmed he didn't die. His body was the one in the north crater. He managed to have a strong enough will that he could survive as a separate entity in the lifestream.
>>
>>323233000
Isn't having consciousness what being alive really is?

You think you are more alive being a vegatable then say someone who transferred their consciousness to a another medium?
>>
>>323233270
I'm not going to take someones fan website as canon, sorry.
>>
>>323233339
Not exactly. It was consciousness, as it is inside of the lifestream, which contained all the memories of every living thing and pretty much everything that happened to that planet. He was pretty much a dream in a giant library but the will was strong enough to resurrect him back to flesh at the end of the game. Pretty sure he's basically jesus.
>>
File: 490.jpg (48KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
490.jpg
48KB, 627x626px
>>323233479
>Ultimania
>Fan website
>>
>>323233732
And alive!
>>
>>323233479
You mean that thing written and published by Square?
>>
>>323233885
His clones were alive. You could just pretend those were him since they kinda were. The body in the north crater was just a dead, empty vessel though. Killed by Cloud.
>>
>>323226712
It's not like the guy was a wimp. He just didn't make it into Soldier and I guarantee they have stupid high physical requirements to get in.

Plus cloud got the drop on him with the buster sword and when you're running on adrenaline and anger, you can do some crazy shit
>>
>>323234067
>dead, empty vessel
It's pretty confirmed that his body at the north crater was him, and he was manipulating the Jenova cells to create the Sephiroth clones you see in the game.
>>
THIS IS NOW AN FF7:REMAKE THREAD
>What are you guys looking forward to the most?
>What do you think needs to be changed from the original?
>Do you think the remake will be shit?
>>
>>323233903
>It is a matter of debate if the novella is or is not canon. In other Ultimania guides which list other Final Fantasy VII media including the On The Way to a Smile series, Hoshi wo Meguru Otome has been consistently omitted.

Even Square doesn't know if it's canon or not.
>>
>>323234259
Well aware of this. That body was a reconstruction though if I'm not mistaken. His will and consciousness coupled the head of Jenovaâ„¢ magic that mixed with him is what rebuilt it by summoning every cell, bit by bit. Those in other people screwed with their heads making them just want to go to the crater.
>>
>>323234368
>What are you guys looking forward to the most?
I'd like to see what they do with the weapons, or if they're even in the game.
>What do you think needs to be changed from the original?
Chocobo breeding, if it's in. Racing was just buying some grass and holding square to win.
>Do you think the remake will be shit?
No. Even the worst FF game was decent at the least. Nomura directed the Kingdom Hearts games, right? I think this one will do fine.
>>
>>323234808
>Nomura directed the Kingdom Hearts games, right? I think this one will do fine.
I feel the same was, I think a lot of people are afraid that Nomura is going to change the story a little too much given how he's evolved as a director, probably won't feel the same but it'll be fine. I think he knows what everyone wants.
>>
>>323235281
*way
>>
>>323235281
And that is the same stale game with prettier graphics?
>>
>>323234726
Ultimania is a GUIDE, featuring CANON information when it comes to plot details and characters from FF7 compilation.

Also
>Wiki says novella's being canon or not is subject to debate, so it must be true

Why don't you just shoot yourself?
>>
>>323235281
I seem to be the only person who doesn't really care. If it's bad, I still have the original. I actually hope it's different, so it's a different experience. Whenever I see someone get mad that things will inevitable change, I just think they're an underage who can't stand the jaggies but still wants to be in on the fad.
>>
Can't remember since I played this so long ago but what was Tifa's reaction to Cloud's story he told in Kalm of how he went through all that shit posing as Zack?
>>
>>323235580
While I agree it features SOME canon information, I don't believe the book as a whole is completely canon and it doesn't seem like you can prove it is anyways lol.
>>
>>323231652
>>323230487

Cloud stabbed Sephiroth from the front, right in the stomach.

This shit keeps happening, people thinking stuff that happened in Crisis Core or the shitty OVA video actually happened that way in the original game.

I've never seen a thread about the Nibelheim incident without some anons throwing around shit that didn't happen in the original FF7 and claiming it did.

It's very ironic considering misremembering that event is one of the pivotal plot points in FF7.
>>
how do you stab someone with the buster sword and have that person still be in one piece
>>
>>323235870
ayy lmao
>>
>>323235870
nanomac- Jenova cells.
>>
>>323231518
>>323231768
>>323232114

You should take your own advice and watch the video. Cloud doesn't stab Sephiroth while he's distracted, he stabs him right in the chest.
>>
>>323235746
Tifa was a beta bitch. She made some ellipses and said "Cloud" a couple times. She may have said we need to talk later, but she didn't have much of a reaction.
>>
>>323235608
I just hope it's good, even if we have the original I just want the remake to be a fun game just like any other Final Fantasy should be.
>>
>>323235818
Because its so important from which direction he was stabbed by with a giant butcher knife right? The point was he fucking stabbed him after he snuk up on him while he was looking at Jenova
>>
>>323236023
Looked like he was busy looking at something then turned around to see who was running at him then cought it in the gut. Looked pretty distracted to me. He only turned around just in time to eat shit.
>>
>>323235569
Nah, they're changing it up a lot by the looks of it.
>>
>>323235746
>>323236061

Tifa thought she'd gone crazy due to trauma and didn't have the guts to say anything.

She would have thought Cloud was the crazy one, if not for the fact that Cloud remembered everything that happened down to the smallest detail, which he couldn't possibly have if he wasn't there.
>>
>>323228398
>Cloud had Jenova and mako treatment as well.
He didn't have that when he killed Sephiroth.

The latter part of your post is simply pure fucking retard.
>>
>>323236061
I dont think thats being beta. I think she was hearing something that would be overwhelming to hear to say the least, dont you?
>>
>>323236023
Back at you. You're acting like Sephiroth watched Cloud run straight at him from the front and did fucking nothing. He snuk up from BEHIND and Sephiroth ate it as he turned around
>>
>>323236305
>The point was he fucking stabbed him after he snuk up on him while he was looking at Jenova
But that's wrong, you fucking retard.
He ran up and started talking to Sephiroth. Only after that he stabbed him. It was no "sneaking" or "surprise attack" or anything.
And that is actually pretty important, faggot.
>>
>>323236826
No. She knew shit wasn't right ever since she picked him up from the train station. She left it alone, and immediately knew as soon as Sephiroth started his bullshit in the crater.
She fucked up because she was too afraid to confront him about it.
>>
>>323234368
>>What are you guys looking forward to the most?
Tifa's Tifas.
>>What do you think needs to be changed from the original?
Nothing.
>>Do you think the remake will be shit?
Most likely yes, since Nomura is directing I'm expecting another Advent Children-scale disaster.
>>
>>323236908
No.

Fake Zack Memories:
He talked about his homeland, then attempted to fight Sephiroth.
His Real Memories:
He ran up and stabbed Sephiroth, then started talking about his hometown being lost and stuff after the fact.

This is how it happened in the original game.
And yes, it was a surprise attack. Pretty much the instant Sephiroth turned around to look away from Jenova, he turned right into getting stabbed in the chest with the buster sword. He didn't see Cloud at all, otherwise he wouldn't have let himself be stabbed at all.
>>
>>323238871
>And yes, it was a surprise attack. Pretty much the instant Sephiroth turned around to look away from Jenova, he turned right into getting stabbed in the chest with the buster sword. He didn't see Cloud at all, otherwise he wouldn't have let himself be stabbed at all.
Also it's a fucking video game. Not like any of the other in-engine cutscenes are well choreographed.
>>
>>323226712
Gravity did most of the heavy lifting.
>>
Zeldanerd here, why do you FF fans have to capitalize the word SOLDIER?
>>
>>323240235
SOLDIER is an elite force organization within Shinra, Inc. You can be a soldier without being a SOLDIER.
>>
>>323240416
Ah, okay. Makes no sense, but cheers!
>>
>>323230725
>he never played crisis core
>>
File: aeris dies.jpg (90KB, 1920x1066px) Image search: [Google]
aeris dies.jpg
90KB, 1920x1066px
*freeze frame*

>WHOA
>So you're probably wondering how I got here
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.