[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will/Did you buy it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1345868567.jpg (937KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1345868567.jpg
937KB, 4032x3024px
Will/Did you buy it?
>>
>>323159358
every one do the meme with me ^^

599 US DOLLARS !!
>>
>>323159358
>Xbox controller

Into the trash
>>
>>323159572
Or ebay?
>>
File: tom cruise question.png (242KB, 384x397px) Image search: [Google]
tom cruise question.png
242KB, 384x397px
>>323159358
>peripheral mainly aimed towards first person titles
>controller (worst possible input device for first person titles) shipped with it

Could someone explain what their reasoning behind this is?
Do they assume that people are too retarded to use keyboard and mouse without looking at them?
>>
>>323159358

Honestly, I am going to wait it out a bit. I'll see the first reactions to it, then decide to buy it or not the following month. Getting dibs first on new tech is exciting, but there's always the inevitable price drop after a year.

So it's either jump on board or wait it out for the long haul. Middle of the road people get screwed over the most.
>>
>>323159932

I shouldn't have bought an Xbone controller.... I regret it. I don't even know what I would do with two xbone controllers.
>>
>>323159932
>typing without looking at the keys

yeah not everyone is a fucking permavirgin nerd like you, some people have a life and work
>>
i wonder how much money they wasted on making the fashionable box to put it in
>>
File: 1358314684222.jpg (9KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1358314684222.jpg
9KB, 210x210px
>>323160132
>can't blindly type
I doubt you have any work experience, underage.
Unless you think working at MCDonalds counts as a job.
>>
>>323159932
The oculus touch controllers are still in development and you will have to by them later on in the year.
>>
What's that long thing?
>>
Microsoft needed to get of all their extra PC controllers one way or another. So they made a deal with facebook to include their controller. Which then in turn lets facebook add on another 100 bucks to your already overpriced bundle.
>>
>>323159932
some games let you activate things by holding your vision on them for a second or so.
i tried both ways, and i'm not a fan of the controller as turning left/right with it made me want to puke after a few minutes.
glove controllers would be max comfy
>>
>>323159468
That's the best price, why don't we average them all?

Europe is $800+ (US dollars)

and I thnk other regions are even worse

$599 sounds ridiculous but it's actually more than that in the vast majority of the world
>>
>>323160297
>being an office monkey is a real job
loving every laugh
>>
>>323160132
>can't type without looking at the keyboard
lmao
>>
>>323160367
STFU >:(
>>
>>323160346
i think it's a camera to track head movements, don't quote me on that though
>>
>>323160346
Tracking camera for picking up the leds on the headset.
>>
>>323160324
>>323160363
That still dosn't explain why they ship a controller.

>>323160438
>implying implications
>>
>>323160551
I think KB+M would only really be good for FPS. Even FP walking simulators don't really need a mouse because you look with your head and KB+M is actually pretty bad for driving games which would be a pretty big thing in VR.
It also means most VR games won't need a peripheral you have to buy seperately.
>>
I would if I was interested in developing a VR game. As a consumer/hobbyist no
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.