/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this gayme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Cloudbank_ITP20131.png (1MB, 1411x807px) Image search: [Google]
Cloudbank_ITP20131.png
1MB, 1411x807px
Thoughts on this gayme?
>>
Trash
>>
File: 1450393480571.jpg (85KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1450393480571.jpg
85KB, 1000x1000px
Good game, but didn't realize it's full potential

Extremely overrated on Steam

Shows that Supergiant should have stuck with WB for a bigger budget than go full indie

Hopefully the PC/PS4 versions sold better than Apple TV, or else we'll lose a fantastic dev to mobile trash

Next time, start the thread with some vauge bait about SJW/tumblr to get more attention
>>
>>323123457

Great soundtrack
Good art direction
Abysmal gameplay
>>
>>323125104
You mean "fun but limited" gameplay.
>>
I loved it. Good difficulty customization, extremely variable gameplay, great art, beautiful soundtrack. I was enamored with it when I bought it.
>>
>>323125190

My experience with the game was mostly "what is the cheapest and easier way to get through this trash gameplay so I can finish the story and listen to more of the OST. Which is pretty much the opposite of how I usually enjoy games.

It had some decent concepts behind it (combining moves and such,) but really poor execution. The combat just felt clunky and was just generally a chore.
>>
>>323125104
Pretty much this.

Didn't help at all that I wanted to play it with a controller on PC, game would frequently decide to enable mouse cursor. It'd make it impossible to aim abilities. There wasn't anyway to resolve the problem from what I could tell.

Great atmosphere and soundtrack. I ended up playing it more for the music than the gameplay.
>>
>>323125104
Same

Which is really a shame because I loved Bastion. They should've just kept basically the same combat from that
>>
>>323125190

One of the problems I had is that it actively discouraged clever plays. The weird combat-queue was a neat idea, but it falls apart when half the times the actions you queue up don't do anything due to impossible to predict circumstances causing your actions to do nothing.

Instead of racking up combo filled queues, it is pretty much just always a better idea to dash in, wack them, and then dash out.
>>
all style and no substance
>>
>>323123457
God-Tier OST
Great style
Gameplay wasn't perfect, but better than Bastion as it actively wanted you to try new powers for different pieces of story, as opposed to Bastion where you could start and end the game with Hammer and Pistol with no reprocussions (Unless you used shrines to make the game harder, but the player shouldn't have to be the one to make the game challenging, especially for no reward.)
>>
>>323124869

the game recently released a sales number of 1 million.
>>
My GOTY 2014

For whatever reason the way you can combine attacks in so many different, viable ways got my dick rock fucking hard. I personally loved the gameplay, I don't see why people think it's boring or limited.
>>
>>323123457
Love the soundtrack. Wonderful artstyle and designs. Really enjoyed the minimalist storytelling and the narrator. Fantastic way of handling modular difficulty. Liked the gameplay, and enjoyed unlocking more abilities as I went. Had fun with the enemy variation at first, but their level 3 upgrades made some tedious to fight. Could use major work on compatibility, had to shuffle files around to get the game working the first time.
Overall, I really enjoyed it. Great deal if it's on sale again.
>>
pretty fun to mess around on NG+ stacking up 3 levels of void() and launching them into the stratosphere with cull() enhanced by two other functions

made sybil even more of a cakewalk
>>
>>323126772
I didn't find it unpredictable, but just that many attacks would invalidate or weaken further attacks in the turn segments, which made the turn almost pointless.
Finding something that worked was great, but then I felt kind of bored that I wasn't still developing and improving a new attack sequence.

The ending didn't hit me the same way Bastion's did. Maybe it had to do with the lack of a choice.
>>
>>323123457
Pretty okay. I can't stand the narrator's voice though. Maybe he's supposed to sound dark, hot and mysterious, but I just find his voice annoying as hell. At least Bastian had a fun, gangsta nigger I enjoyed listening to.
>>
>>323128810
this, I was waiting for something along the lines of going to the country or staying in cloudbank as a lonely god

>>323128936
narrator was the same VA as in Bastion, but I definitely think he's better suited to an old cowboy-sounding role than a sword boyfriend
>>
>>323128936
But they're the same VA
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.