[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star wars battlefront II vs New battlefront

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 86176.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
86176.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
Let's talk about Star Wars Battlefront

Is the new battlefront worth playing? should i just stick to Battlefront II on my PS2

Also, Is the new Battlefront coming out for PC?
>>
>>323121106
It already is out on PC, but no, it's not worth playing.
>>
Stick with II.
>>
stay with battlefront 2 senpai
>>
>>323121106
play battlefront 2 on your pc retard
>>
>>323121106
PC version is already out anon, Origin only. BF2 is better.
>>
File: 1441825200882.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1441825200882.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>323121106
stick with battlefront 2, NO CONTEST NIGGA
>>
>>323121339
how

OP here quick question, whats makes it so bad???
>>
>>323121106
Abandon both, they both play like shit honestly.
>>
>>323121482
Emulators, friend.
>>
>>323121482
Everything.
>>
>>323121539
trueee iv'e been thinking of getting an emulator to play LSD dream simulator

>>323121484
Battlefront II is amazing for a ps2 game

>>323121654
enlighten me
>>
>>323121482
Steam?
>>
>>323121726
>for a ps2 game
There's your problem.
>>
>>323121482
>>323121539
the game came out for pc you dumbfucks. are you guys legit 12 years old? jesus christ
>>
>>323121482
The new battlefront might be the most shallow game ever made. My super casual friend got it and got bored after one weekend. I went to his house and played it and got bored after a couple hours. There's like 3 different game modes and only like 2 good weapons.
>>
>>323121106

No, Battlefront 2 is better in every way except graphics and sound.

In truth I think we have to accept that there will not be a good starwars game until EA drops the starwars license.

This kind of crap will keep happening again and again. The best we can do is divert there attention from the centerpieces such as KOTOR/Jedi acamdey 2, a new podracer, or a republic commando sequel.

If we can keep EA from fucking those 3 sequels then hopefully the next person to pick up the starwars license will do them justice.
>>
If you're still playing BFII, I assume it's because you're playing the Instant Action or Galactic Conquest modes. The new Battlefront doesn't have either of those.
>>
>>323121868
y u mad?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
Moviebattles II is a 12 year old total conversion mod for jedi academy which has an active multiplayer community and you are a faggot for not playing the best online star wars game available.

Battlefront looks and feels nice but two hours later it's stale as fuck.

With MB2 you can play as any class in a 5 minute round of rebels vs imperials on maps from the movies, 32 player servers.

I'm a shill because it's a damn shame people don't know it exists when it truly is the best star wars multiplayer experience out there.
>>
>>323122754
I-Is it free?
>>
>>323123054
I've put probably 5000 hours into the mod since first playing it back in 2006. If you can get jedi academy from a torrent, which I did, yes it's free.

Or you could get the game from steam for dirt cheap or a key from G2A for literally pennies.

Once installed just Google moviebattles II and all the instructions are there.
>>
>>323121726

Since no one is giving you any answers, I'll try to help.

I haven't played the full game, only the beta, but everyone who got the full game and played the beta have said if you didn't like the beta, the full game won't be any different.

First and foremost, there is no Galatic Conquest mode. There is no Single Player campaign. Instead, you get a handful of survival maps that can be played alone, or co-op with one other person. I hear these can have some fun in them, but there's not enough there to really offer a great single player/duo player experience.

Second, no space battles. While there are ship battles, it's all done over land, with nothing taking place in space at all.

Third, all ship spawns are done through power ups. You find the power up on the map, and then instantly teleport to a ship outside the map boundaries flying in. Ship selection is sparse, with only X-Wings, A-Wings, TIE Fighters and Interceptors. In the ship battle mode, you also get the Falcon and Slave-1 as "hero" ships, who basically just have a lot of health.

Fourth, with all the different modes for MP, the consensus seems to be only Walker Assault is worth playing, and with that, the queues for the other maps are near empty with long waits.

Heroes, while strong, are underwhelming. Lightsaber combat especially is really depressing, as clashes between Vader and Luke look awkward and just turn into stunning over and over.

There are no classes. Instead, you unlock "cards" that represent your gear, and you equip them into slots to make different load outs. Meaning your use in battle is going to be tied to your level.

Don't worry though, because ground vehicles are pretty non-existent, so classes aren't that important. What ground vehicles are there, just aren't that much of a threat, and get wasted pretty fast.
>>
>>323123979
interesting

thanks for the info
>>
>>323123979

Before going into what little good there is, I should also mention this is just Galactic Civil War era, so no Clones and Droid armies. There's also very little in customization of your character, which makes it seem like why even bother adding it? You can choose between a handful of preset character faces of different gender and color, and then a handful of aliens that only have one option each. And then Storm Troopers only get two different actual looks, but you need max level to get them, and they make you stand out so much on levels like Hoth, it's not even worth it to get them.

And really, the only good is that it looks and sounds amazing. Seriously, the graphics are some of the best right now, and the sound design is incredible. While a lot of Star Wars games have all the iconic sounds, there's just something distinctive about Battlefield's. I also liked some of the little things, like utilizing the wipe transitions used frequently in the movies. Iconic locations feel like you're right in the movie, with Hoth and Endor being the biggest examples of this. However, there are some odd decisions on some maps, like adding a generic rocky planet that isn't in any of the movies or previous games. With so many other iconic locations to choose from, it's odd they had to make something up like that.

Overall, it's several steps back from Battlefront II. It's almost like they avoided adding certain staples from the first two games, just to cement that this is a "revamped" franchise being done by a different team. A lot of people knock it for being "Battlefield but with a Star Wars coat of paint" but it's worse than that. Hell, that would have been a good game. But they stripped so much out of the core game, it can't even be considered a Battlefield game. Call of Duty has more depth than this.
>>
>>323121482
>>323121539
>>323121726

what the fuck do you kids actually not know that battlefront is on PC what the fucking fuck
>>
>>323125007
Im an extremely casual gamer what can i say

and i'm 20 so I don't really count as a kid i would say
>>
>>323123979
>>323124538
>>323124783

No problem. Honestly, I think /v/ goes on what they hear too often, and just parrot what they are told, rather than formulating their own opinion on shit. Too often I just see someone saying "It's shit" and leaving it at that, instead of actually giving a little bit of information as to why. Out of all the people who said to avoid this game, I doubt many of them even played it, and are just going by the meme videos they've seen, and the what they hear on /v/. It's actually really easy to persuade /v/ into thinking a game sucks, but taking one screen shot or a small video clip of "quality" parts of a game, and seeing them flip shit about how the whole game is worthless. Neo-/v/ is pretty shit when it comes to that.
>>
>>323125314
>Oh, there's a board called 'Video Games,' I'll go there and talk about games
Fuck off.
>>
>>323125314
>and i'm 20 so I don't really count as a kid i would say

lol no you still are
>>
>>323121106
>old battlefront
>very accurate to the source material as best as they could at the time, some mistakes were made
>new battlefront
>can not even get the battle of hoth right
>>
>>323125314

Let me put this into perspective for you kid. There are people who have worked at a single place longer than you've been alive. Let that sink in.

I'm 30 and I still feel young.
>>
>>323126031
>>323125757
>>323125689

These kids butt holes are salty
>>
>>323126031
>I'm 30
>still browses 4chan

im sorry
>>
>>323126297

Pretty sure the majority of 4chan users are in the 25-35 range bud.
>>
>>323126420
According to a poll, the majority is 18-25.
>>
>>323126420
Majority are 16-24.
>>
>>323126595

Yeah, because the underage anons won't even admit they're underage with a poll and will say 18.
>>
>>323126420
pfffffffahahahaha
>>
Battlefront 2 is legit garbage

Go with the first Battlefront
>>
>>323126846
uh no
>>
>>323126595
>>323126672

[source required]
>>
>>323127029
Get off 4chan and stop wasting your life, gramps.
>>
Hero hunt is probably the most fun game mode, did BF2 have that?
>>
>>323128598
Yeah, but way, way more characters.
>>
>>323128598
One map, but there was a lot of heroes to choose from.
Way more than 3 per team.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.