[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NINTENDO NX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: NintendoNX.jpg (61KB, 690x335px) Image search: [Google]
NintendoNX.jpg
61KB, 690x335px
Are you worried that it'll fail? I'm optimistic, why should't I be? I've been a fan of nintendo through thick and thin, but a slight part of me is worried this could be Nintendo's downfall.
What games would have you hooked?
What games would ruin it for you?

Do you believe Nintendo has a chance of competing on the level with PS4 and Boner?

and lastly....
What would Nintendo have to do in order for you to join the dark side?
>>
>>323086423
I don't give a shit, because i'm a Nitendofag who will by the shit anyway
>>
>>323086762
Fair enough!
>>
File: 1338167490099.jpg (23KB, 378x372px) Image search: [Google]
1338167490099.jpg
23KB, 378x372px
I think Nintendo will be fine and the NX will eventually dominate the market after a year's sells.
>>
They just keep picking awkward times to release their consoles. In a few years, likely more, the next big thing for microsoft or sony will be out. They should have rode it out with the Wii U and made a big release right before the next gen comes out. Instead, they're jumping ship and they're gonna get burned again with an underwhelming next-gen console. Just like last time.
>>
File: spiderman shocked.jpg (33KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman shocked.jpg
33KB, 544x400px
Wii U = Saturn
Iwata talking about the NX so soon = Bernie's Stolars infamous "the saturn is not our future" line
NX = Dreamcast

Nintendo really fucked up with the Wii U. But moreover, they didn't take the necessary effects AFTER launch to lessen the blow. What they should've been doing was lowering prices dramatically and making 10-20 buck players choice titles just to get people to buy Wii Us. It wouldn't have been good short-term financially, but it would help them build up their reputation of delivering quality games for good prices.

Sony did damage control well with the PS3. They fucked up big time at the start, but were able to salvage it by cranking out games, providing stuff that gamers wanted, and dramatically lowering the price. The PS3 never recouped its losses, but it DID pave the way for the success of the PS4.

The way nintendo has pig-headedly stuck to their guns with the Wii U has prevented many consumers from getting into a console that IMO is quite good. Instead, they've shot themselves in the foot and now (1) nobody is going to buy or develop for Wii U now, especially when ninty themselves basically said it was dead in the water, and (2) people will be hesitant to embrace the NX because there is now incredibly low confidence with nintendo.

And you can say "well nintendo will always be okay because their handhelds print money". Yeah, that's true for now, but for how much longer? It was honestly a miracle that the 3DS was as successful as it turned out to be in this era of smartphones. Sadly, I think it's a question of when, not if, smartphone gaming eclipses handhelds and pushes it to the wayside.
>>
I would love to see a F-zero game where you can get out of your racer and walk around the garage and buy additional parts along side fight people.

A new Animal crossing with more fish, more beetles, more diving fish, and something new to collect. A music store to buy music daily. Maybe add bikes or skateboarding in?

A new 3d mario thats on flat land, I like galaxy but I'd love to see something like sunshine again.

A Metroid game that rivals graphics of Halo, Pokemon snap NX, and a dope revival of pilot wings.
>>
>>323088715
this, their stubbornness ultimately ended up being the Wii U's downfall. Launch titles are still 60 fucking dollars. They'd better be able to pull some new gimmick out of their ass quick, because a console equivalent of a PS4 or Xbone won't cut it.
>>
>>323088715
I still don't see how they'll let themselves fall the way Sega did.. I mean, they saw first hand how they failed and I feel like Nintendo may have a few tricks up their sleeve.
I agree with the way Sony paved the way and thats the only thing that makes me extremely wary of what Nintendo's doing... They still have time to start dropping prices but I'm not sure they will in the coming months.
>>
>>323086423
This will be Nintendo's last console.
Even if they don't add in a gimmick or if they don't give it a retarded name like "Wii U Tu", its still too late for them.
>>
They should take the example of MS and Sony hardware wise at least. Make the system PC like with x86 architecture, no more PPC bullshit.
>>
>>323086423
you know there is something wrong when Amiibos sells more than wii u games
>>
>>323086423
>What games would have you hooked?

The next Zelda, just like everyone else.

I just want a normal fucking controller. No more wagglan/tablet gimmicks.
>>
>>323089739
Yes, but it still shows demand for the characters. What if Nintendo finally releases a hardcore 2016-2017 line-up of games?
I know I would go back to being a fan..
>>
>>323088161
>They just keep picking awkward times to release their consoles. In a few years, likely more, the next big thing for microsoft or sony will be out.

Sony and Microsoft wont release a new console until AT LEAST 2021.. last gen was the longest ever. I expect this one to be the same.

Plus, next time around it'll be all VR goggles shit. I think this is the last gen where normal consoles will be released.
>>
Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid Metroid aaand Metroid
>>
>>323089826
I'm seriously doubting they'll continue that trend anyways.. They have a new CEO, what if he wants Nintendo to be for gamers again?
>>
>>323086423
I don't own any stocks on nintendo
The wii u is a failure and still got a lot of games I liked, so I don't care, Nintendo can survive another failure, and I'm not sure if I want them to "get with the times" and be a success
>>
>>323090035
that's fair. Still, their deviation from the norm will either pay off tremendously or break them.
>>
>>323090062
That rivals Halo's graphics, preferably better.
Can you imagine the hype that would get if it got shown off properly? and Multiplayer...Geez
>>
>>323089580
>Wii.. y-you too"

Giggled.
>>
>>323088715
>Wii U = Saturn
in order for that to happen it would need to have an actual good library though with games
>>
>>323086423
>What would Nintendo have to do in order for you to join the dark side?
Video games
The Wii U didn't have a strong starting lineup.
They even had an announcement just to announce no new games!
Then they had only a few stragglers here and there.

Never have I felt the exclusives worth purchasing a wii u and now they're getting a new console when the wii u never got games.
>>
>>323090316
Dang, it would be a sweet victory if they pulled it off. I certainly would love gaming again :,)

However... Likely, they will fail and games will continue to morph into shoot'em ups and ultra realistic graphics.
>>
I'm optimistic it'll fail. Can't wait!
>>
>>323090397
I honestly don't care if it has multiplayer but it would be a nice touch. If they do it right
>>
File: 1342218109437.gif (2MB, 450x448px) Image search: [Google]
1342218109437.gif
2MB, 450x448px
>>323090623
This, my exact feelings
>>
>>323086423
>What would Nintendo have to do in order for you to join the dark side?
They should join the hype team
Not go full hype and start announcing games 5 years before the release with CG trailers that shows nothing of the game but holy fuck at least talk about the games, I'm tired of Nintendo dropping names and them going in full silence until the last minute
>>
It will dominate the market even if it lacks features from other games full gen consoles
(not x.5 gen ones) always have success for nintendo, also it will be considered trully next gen if they update the specs since if its as powerfull as a ps4 it will probably run things 1440p 60fps (the wii u plays a lot of games 1080p 60fps, like smash, they look good and stuff but they are not graphically intensive) hell, they could even go for 4k 30-24fps
>>
>>323090532
It does though. Both the Wii U and the Saturn have good games not available elsewhere. while having awful support from many 3rd parties
>>
>>323092146
I WANNA BE HYPE ALL THE WAY THROUGH !!!!
>>
>>323088715
Have you ever had a Nintendo anything? Just wondering.
>>
>>323092538
>(the wii u plays a lot of games 1080p 60fps

Nope, most games are at 720p 60 fps.
>>
>>323088715
>Iwata talking about the NX so soon = Bernie's Stolars infamous "the saturn is not our future" line
Iwata talked about the NX so soon because it he didn't we would still be getting daily "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN NINTENDO DECIDED TO GO FULL MOBILE??" threads
>>
>>323093430
I own literally every single nintendo console, including the Wii U.
>>
>>323093779
So, how do you know all this, but somehow Nintendo does not and they're going to butcher it this time? why are you so avid on the demise of tendo?
>>
>>323086423
It'll fail.

I'm not buying one, and many people who are tired of Nintendo's shit and their autistic fanbase won't either.

Each generation, Nintendo has managed to shave off more fans. Unless it can trick the industry with great promise like the Wii, it'll be irrelevant.

I doubt it'll compete with the PS4, and even if it did, it wouldn't have the support it does.

As for me, after the WiiU and NoA. Nothing can convince me to buy another Nintendo product ever again before it's moddable.
>>
>>323093650
I know what you mean, but you're making a false dichotomy. There were many other ways they could've handled the situation.
After all, technically every console maker starts developing their next-gen console shortly after the current-gen one releases. But SAYING so in this particular context makes it look like you're giving up. And to be honest, I think they have.

From what I can tell, the Wii U is pretty much over. There are a few more games coming out, but they're spreading out their few releases in order to not make it not seem so obvious. That's the main reason I believe they held off releasing the new starfox. And Zelda U will be the swan song, similar to Skyward Sword for Wii (or Twilight Princess for GC, if you don't count the Wii co-release).

And it's not like nintendo can't do a proper salvage operation. Gamecube didn't sell too well, but I think they did a tremendous job building up their reputation even if they didn't get the short-term financial goals. Of course they pissed away all their good faith with the wii era, but still. Think back to the gamecube days. You could get new gamecubes for 100 bucks (often with a good pack-in game) and basically every nintendo title that was at least a year old got a players choice re-release for 10-20 bucks. I compare that to now, where they have good games, but they're being real stubborn with them and keeping everything at 50-60 bucks and the console still priced high. Nobody is going to buy a Wii U when it's both dead in the water AND everything is expensive as fuck. Which is a shame, because it IS a good console.
>>
>>323089826
Fuck off. Splatoon is the king of attach rates, and that shit isn't playable without the second screen. The Gamepad is going to be around for a very long time.
>>
>>323094491
I'm not "avid" about ninty's demise. I'm being realistic. I love them, but they're not the type of company that quickly learns from their mistakes. They keep falling into the same holes that they have been falling into for the past several generations.

Discussing how something isn't going to work doesn't mean I WANT it not to work, senpai.
>>
>>323087701
Just like the Wii U did, right?
>>
>>323093430
Why is it that the argument all Nintenbabies always defect to when faced with Nintendo criticism is always.

>do you even own any Nintendo consoles?

Yes retards, Nintendo fans are allowed to raise criticism over their company. In fact, I'd say this time around, it's Nintendo fans who are most sour and disappointed after how they handled the WiiU.

And second of all, that's not how you raise an argument. If someone raises valid points, debating their authority on the matter is no way of discrediting their central argunent. Jesus fucking Christ!!
>>
>>323094691
Your post is WRONG...

:( ...I hope.
>>
NX will probably be equal to PS4/Xbone, and will probably get the multiplats finally

It won't be the savior Nintendo needs for its home console market, and the idea of it being both a console and a portable device seems stupid. Just give us a god damn normal box with a normal controller.
>>
nintendo is dying out. they market their hardware to parents with 4-12 year olds and that group has been swallowed by the mobile/tablet market. You need the 14+ market in order to be successful with a console, especially 14-18 as that market is still dependent upon getting it gifted since they can't afford shit on their own. I don't know a single person 20+ with a wii u.
>>
>>323094951
Ahh, I see..
Very true, beautifully put anon -_-,
>>
>>323095358
As long as the DS line, Amiibos, and its IPs exist for more than just video games, Nintendo isn't "dying" anytime soon. More likely, it'll just stop making home consoles and turn back into a mobile games and toys company.
>>
>>323095267
That's the same situation that happened with the early Wii U though. They finally got their 360/PS3 ports, but it was too little too late. And then the publishers said "hurr durr why isn't anyone buying our year-old games for 60 bucks again" and they all left.

That would literally be making many of the exact same mistakes they made with the Wii U. If the NX wants to compete, it can't *just* be up to par with established consoles that will be 3 years old (at least) at the time. They're going to need to distinguish themselves by either making the NX more powerful than the competition or going with something else that makes them stand out. They'll probably do the latter, but if they do, it'll be a serious uphill battle. That's what the Wii U tried to do with its gamepad, and it failed with the masses.
>>
>>323095717
Is thst what you want anon?

Might as well be dead at that point if they're no longer making products that appeal to us.
>>
>>323095106
Chill out, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>323094691
>because it IS a good console.
no, it really isn't.
>>
>>323095890
The Wii U situation was different, they got PS3/360 ports but it was obvious the PS4/Xbone would launch the next year with way better specs. The NX won't have to worry about a PS5/Xbox for another 2 maybe 3 years.
>>
>>323095717
Eh, technically. But there's actual death and spiritual death. If Nintendo is left consoleless and just relies on amiibos and licensed toys, then they're essentially dead to the fans. It's like how technically sega is still around but the sega we knew and loved died in the early 2000s along with the dreamcast and then when it was bought out by sammy.

IF the NX is dead on arrival, then the last hope is their portable line. Now, they've had success after success with the handhelds, and I hope this continues. But like I said earlier, portable gaming is the elephant in the room. Luckily it wasn't enough to stop the 3DS from being a success, but will this be true next generation? The generation after that? I hope mobile bullshit doesn't displace true handheld gaming, but casual stuff is a big part of why normies like handheld gaming, and those are the sort of customers that phones can siphon away.
>>
>>323096574
We still have to see how the DeNA stuff will work, this could be the key to keep mobile in control while having a successful handheld
>>
>>323096208
That depends on the situation. It has a lot of good exclusives. Now, I would never recommend a Wii U to someone that doesn't already have a means of playing all the multiplats that make up the majority of the market (preferably PC), but it makes an excellent secondary console for the exclusives.

If you have no console and don't have a decent PC, then I would not recommend a Wii U as your "go to" gaming platform, because it misses tons and tons of games. BUT if you already have something else, it synergizes well because there is very little overlap
>>
>>323096794
Is the DeNA stuff going to be actual games or is it just going to be casual bullshit that is just thinly-veiled advertisements for actual games on the 3ds/equivalent?
>>
>>323086423
>Are you worried that it'll fail?
I'm actually hoping it happens so I my once loved videogame company finally rest in peace with honor instead of autist and casual feed on his rotten corpse.

There still hope now that Iwata is gone, but don't put your hopes on it.
>>
>>323097193
Probably both, but I'm not expecting anything nearly close to 3DS games, it will be stuff like pokémon picross and stretchmo at best
>>
>>323089580
Just FYI, people have been saying that since the N64, literally
>but this time it's true!
Nope
>>
>>323097479
An actual pokemon game is one of the few types of games that could work well on a touch-only device. Of course they would never do that, because pokemon is responsible for moving like half or more of their handheld units.
>>
>>323096208
Well it's a console so by definition it can't be good.
>>
>>323097416
This.

Plus, if Nintendo dies. They'll stop cracking down on modders so hard and fan projects can flourish.

It all so means that the likes of Reggie and the Treehouse idiots would lose their jobs, thus hopefully leaving a message to the rest of the industry on what happens when you inject SJW bullshit on an already problem-riddled company.
>>
>>323090062
I love metroid to death but it doesn't sell much. The game would need to be mindblowing and set a new standard for sci fi shooters. It would need to be as revolutionary as super metroid
>>
>>323086423
Nintendo NX will be a success. Nintendo is dropping in a new console 2 years after the release of their competitors. They know exactly what they have to go against. The Nintendo NX will be 10%-20% faster then the PS4. AAA titles will start swarming to it.
>>
>>323090623
Wii u has tons of games with great metacritic scores and more exclusives than any other console.

Nintendo's future doesnt depend on games, it depends on them learning how to create hype and advertise their products. Thats it.
>>
>>323098359
>Nintendo
>learning of his mistakes
>ever
>>
>>323086423

They can't wait for too long with this shit, so the question is... will it have another Smash game already? I assume they will, but it would have to be the wii U version with all DLC included.

Also, will they keep the amiibo shit? They've done too many to just sort of drop them. Or will the NX and Wii u exist side by side? That itself is a terrible idea, which suits them just fine because they love horrible ideas.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's gonna be another gimmick console with not too many games and slightly improved graphics. Other than Smash, Nintendo doesn't have much these days.

Not even the new Zelda game is getting attention, nor its development process. The Nintendo fans that are the loudest are those that are thirsty for another good F-Zero game or Metroid, both of which are basically never going to happen at this point.
>>
>>323098110
That might actually be impossible
>>
I'm going to buy it but I hope it fails and forces them to go third party. I'm tired of buying their consoles just for their games.
>>
>>323098359
There is rock bottom confidence in nintendo right now. You think people are going to risk jumping aboard the NX train after the disaster of the Wii U? You think developers are going to support it this time if they don't think anyone will bother buying it?

>>323098630
Sadly this though. I can't think of a single time nintendo has ACTUALLY learned from a mistake. Even when they moved away from carts, they still had to use those limited fucking mini-discs for GC. And they've been supposedly working on improving 3rd party relations for the past like THREE GENERATIONS.
>>
>>323098630
Let's hope this time around they've learned. I'm kinda optimistic for just a couple of reasons:

1. They struggled with developing games in HD for the WiiU but they've learned from it, there shouldn't be too much of a drought in games in the NX.

2. They've said time and time again they want to improve their online system. Their partnership with dena should also be indication they're fixing it.

3. They MUST have realized the WiiU tanked in sales and MUST have a game plan to avoid the same happening again. I hope they do anyway.

4. Splatoon was a prime example of good marketing. A new IP that sold extremely well for it's install base and one that keeps getting free updates that keep people coming back.

All they need to learn now is how to be complete lying assholes like the rest of the competition. Announce games that won't show up for 5+ years (KH3, FFXV), show off promised games that are still 2+ years away (scalebound, last guardian, FF7R, Shenmue) and lastly, show "gameplay" that's a complete and utter lie in terms of graphics (watch dogs, uncharted4).

Generate hype, lots of marketing, boom, sales
>>
>>323098849
i hope so anon, but i doubt it
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.