[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Persona 5 news soon
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 528
Thread images: 84
File: 1442645269263.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442645269263.jpg
481 KB, 1920x1080
>In 2016, we plan to safely release one of our biggest games to date, Persona 5. When the game was delayed, we stated that we were going to do various finetuning to the game to ensure it was a quality product. However, I feel we’re almost at that point now. Please look forward to the next Persona 5 update soon!

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-director-katsura-hashino-discusses-storytelling-in-the-latest-famitsu/

>Persona 5 update
>soon

NOT A DRILL
2016 CONFIRMED
NEWS SOON
>>
>>323034059
No one care about this weeb shit
>>
>>323034363

I care
>>
>>323034059
waiting
>>
>Persona director talking about storytelling
What is he saying about it? "look at all this weird shit I stringed together"?
>>
>>323034363
You are the cancer here.
>>
>>323034059
No fucking shit, the game comes out in like 6 months, the OVA even earlier. Of course we're getting news soon.
>>
>>323034059
>mfw I had enough time to improve from N5 to N3 because of all the delays
>>
>>323034059
>Persona 5 update

I regret to inform you that we have delay the game until early 2017. kthxbai
>>
>>323040425
>implying they won't slip those news at the end of a long hype-inducing trailer
>>
File: NEKO JA NEI.png (231 KB, 480x309) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
NEKO JA NEI.png
231 KB, 480x309
I hope to god they just give us news straight up this time.

My heart can't handle another one of those streams.
>>
File: 1370715215995.jpg (109 KB, 716x715) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1370715215995.jpg
109 KB, 716x715
>It won't have JAP VA

Gonna enjoy that Troy Baker and Ashly Burch soooo much!
>>
>yfw we steal back the release date!
>>
So how soon do you all think it will be?
>>
>>323040547
>thinking they will simply release new information
>after the original P4D bait and switch stream
>after the PV01 concert shenanigans
>after the super secret sharing prohibited PV02
>after the 40 hours PV03 suffering stream
>>
>>323040718
Easily the best mass delusion since the indoctrination theory.
>>
File: 1442642965949.png (458 KB, 708x617) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442642965949.png
458 KB, 708x617
>>323040756
Let me hope anon.

Please...
>>
>>323040732
leak said feb 1st jap release, late may for US, none for EU yet.
>>
The bosses at Atlus most likely saw how #FE bombed and told the Persona team to hurry the fuck up and enough with the delays since they are feeling the burn right now.
>>
>>323040986
Link to leak? The site in OP states that the game is slated for Summer 2016 for japan and only 2016 for NA.
>>
File: hee-hoi.jpg (17 KB, 262x192) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hee-hoi.jpg
17 KB, 262x192
>>323040986
They may as well not bother releasing it in EU at all.
I'd be more than happy if they focused their efforts on releasing games for region locked systems instead.
>>
>>323034059
Why does he say "however"?

Could the game come out sooner?
>>
File: 1436395961022.png (335 KB, 456x522) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436395961022.png
335 KB, 456x522
>>323040986
>tfw living in the EU
Fuck you too ATLUS.
>>
>>323040906

That delusion made the end of the 40 hour stream worth it. so many crushed dreams when they announced just the Anime
>>
File: woundedpepe.jpg (62 KB, 593x442) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
woundedpepe.jpg
62 KB, 593x442
>>323041360

>EU release 2020

Get ready for it lads
>>
Nowhere in that last sentence is the word "soon".
Translator just snuck that in there.
>>
>>323040732
I'm guessing May/June. It feels like enough time has passed they're actually almost done with it, and throwing it out late summer would most likely mean competing with FFXV.
>>
>>323041105
Atlus got payed already for #FE. Nintendo's the one taking the L for that bomb.
>>
File: 1452176427510.png (373 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452176427510.png
373 KB, 640x480
>>323040756
Fuck that 40 hour stream, all that suffering to find out it was delayed
>>
>>323040642
Maybe we'll get a SMT4 tier dub? That one was legit great.
>>
>>323041360
>>323041473
It's such a shame that both PS3 and PS4 are region locked, right?
>>
>>323040642
I bet they will use the same voices as the main cast in 4, kinda like they always do. I hope you'll enjoy Yuri Lowenthal as that blonde guy and Erin Fitzgerald as Ann. If not the main characters they will without a doubt show up voicing a major side character.
>>
>>323041825
May for JP and June for US fits, specially if FF15 is August WW.
>>
Expect news/update some time in February. By then:
>Odin Sphere out
>P3M #3 blu ray out
>Final P3 movie in theatres
>SMT4F is out the door

The persona anniversary event is literally the only thing marketing has to be pushing after all this, and P5 will obviously be part of that.
>>
File: Anzu hng.jpg (93 KB, 1023x793) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Anzu hng.jpg
93 KB, 1023x793
GIVE ANN'S BREAST MILK TO ME

GIVE IT TO ME
GIVE
IT
TO
ME
>>
>>323040642
Baker is a great VA, I'd love him to dub someone.

it's just a shame literally every single other professional voice actor willing to lower themselves to dub weeb shit is fucking awful
>>
>>323034059
>one of our biggest games to date
Yeyeyeyeye
I keep getting excited for it
>>
when did they announce the english VAs last time? i didnt follow persona 4 before release
>>
Where the fuck are all the girls Atlus??? You've only revealed one so far and she's the basic archtype you put in all your persona games.
Every persona game has atleast
>the bitchy one
>the mature motherly one
>the quiet/shy one
>the easygoing tomboy
Im still waiting.
>>
>>323042496
>it's just a shame literally every single other professional voice actor willing to lower themselves to dub weeb shit is fucking awful
You know that the opposite is happening right? When a lot of VAs hit it big, they stop taking anime stuff entirely.
>>
So, how were the P3 moves?
>>
File: Maki Puppet.jpg (250 KB, 1075x1633) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Maki Puppet.jpg
250 KB, 1075x1633
>>323042637
No they don't
>>
>>323042496

He is alright but I hate hearing him in everything. Its always the same fucking voice! When I play Catherine I keep hearing him as Snow from FFXIII. Irritating as hell.
>>
>>323042709
Just an animated version of the game. What else would you expect
>>
>>323042730
Typecasting is a bitch.
>>
>>323042637
>>323042637
*every persona game after 3
>>
I wish Atlus would stop fucking around and just say when it's coming out. All this teasing is pretty annoying. I have no issues with them releasing as little info about the story and characters as possible, but the constant release date fuckery is just retarded.
>>
>>323042496
It's probably because Atlus is jewing them out. Hell, at this point I'm half-expecting them to start taking volunteers to save even more on their localizations.
>>
File: 1442613258452.png (329 KB, 702x438) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442613258452.png
329 KB, 702x438
>>323042394
DELETE THIS
>>
>>323042709
Only saw the first. It was pretty good but I heard they started fucking with the plot a little too much after that.
>>
>>323042637
Another female party member is practically confirmed in pv3; they're just keeping her a secret for now.
>>
>>323042974
;^)
>>
>>323043090
saved
>>
Aparently Sega is pushing for Persona releases on PC, including P5 but some higher ups in Japan doesnt want it yet. I wonder why, they only think about profits
>>
File: Anzu.jpg (54 KB, 540x304) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Anzu.jpg
54 KB, 540x304
>the creepy loser stalking Ann becomes a party member and is basically a slightly more restrained Adachi

Would Atlus be brave enough?
>>
>>323043017
I just don't want some generic looking japanese girl with pink hair or something.
>>
So is there waifus or not? I just want to know if there's routes in this.
>>
>Persona 5 news soon
>Etrian Odyssey V "near completion"

I want to live suddenly
>>
>>323043279
Its a persona game. Of course it will have dating in it.
>>
>>323043017
in the pyramid climb down we can see two people among the main characters (only from glimpsy)
>>
>>323042008
It was for arena faglord
>>
>>323042904
at least 3 of those are in 2
>>
File: JshHTgt.png (18 KB, 117x70) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
JshHTgt.png
18 KB, 117x70
>>323043217
>believing TSSZ News
>>
>>323043335
I don't know about that, didn't they ditch the SL system?
>>
Yeah the news is another delay. 2017 japan, indefinite release for us
>>
>>323043227
That would be great.
>>
>>323043227
>slightly more restrained Adachi

Isnt that Yosuke?
>>
>>323043217
>anonymous source
>my dad works at sega
>>
>>323043254
I don't know about the pink hair, but she's probably going to be a generic looking japanese girl to contrast with the 'exotic'(white) looking Ann

Also she is going to be voiced by Rina Satou and judging by how it sounds, it's probably going to be a Fuuka type character.
>>
>>323043389
They officially confirmed it's because of dual audio. They were afraid they don't get to screw their Japanese customers enough if they could easily import western release for less.
>>
>>323034059
>2016 CONFIRMED
Anything else would have been a disaster.
>>
>>323043426
It's being reworked a bit but something akin to s. links are confirmed to still be in the game.
>>
>>323043426
where did you hear that?
>>
File: 1447703075883.jpg (874 KB, 1000x1165) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447703075883.jpg
874 KB, 1000x1165
>>323043227
Adachi wouldn't walk up to a girl on the street like that, more likely would be a restrained Mitsuo.

What I really wonder is how moral the cast will be. Their obviously more immoral than previous Persona casts, but I wonder will any of them kill or even do something worse at some point. I don't doubt that there will at least be a choice to kill someone but I think they will still be quite moral overall.
>>
Does the story continue from the other games?
Or can I play this without any knowledge of the events in previous titles?
>>
>>323043227
>implying the real twist isn't that you're the creepy loser
>>
>>323043636
They're standalone, but in P4 you got to the setting of P3 for a trip.
>>
File: Koichi_Zenigata_12.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Koichi_Zenigata_12.jpg
141 KB, 1024x768
Considering that the theme of the game is Thieves, and the main character persona is called Arsene (as in Arsene Lupin), how big are the chances to see a Zenigata character, possibly as the main antagonist?
I love the incompetent Detective trope, gets me every time.
>>323043636
The connections are minor and don't matter much. You can play 5 without having played the other ones.
>>
>>323043636
the stories arent directly related
there may be some cameos
but you can play it without playing the others
>>
>>323043596

>that 4chan clover

Ann confirmed best waifu
>>
>>323043636
With the exception of a few direct sequels, Megaten games are always clean slate.
>>
>>323043636
you can play this without having played the others. There might be a reference here or there, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Persona 3 stands on its own

Persona 4 stands on its own, but there is a school trip to the Persona 3 city, but you don't meet anyone important.
>>
>>323043636
you can play without any knowledge, there are minor easters only
>>
>>323043779
The closest thing to a Zenigata character would be the lady who is interrogating MC in the latest trailer.
She's voiced by Yuuko Kaida who was Burroughs in SMT4 and is a somewhat prolific VA so no way she's just a throwaway character.
>>
>>323043779
Daily reminder that Lupin and Persona have one thing in common - they all started with the third.
>>
>>323043596
They're a bunch of moralfags, we already know they're doing this whole "stealing hearts" thing to put an end to what they perceive as injustice. They just look like punks while doing it.
>>
>>323043973

>inb4 the whole game is Potter's narrating what he did in the previous year

How mad would you be?
>>
>>323044074

He obviously perform illegal activites, since Potter is shown surrounded by police forces atleast once and being interrogated in what appears to be a police station

What kind of illegal activites tho
>>
>ps3 emulation won't be ready for p5 release
>too stubborn to buy a ps3
please don't spoil the game first week. I know star wars was spoiled because /v/ doesn't care about that garbage series, but please respect the vidya and don't make spoiler threads. thank you and god bless.
>>
>>323044227
Not expecting P5 spoilers, on fucking /v/, on the first week, you are a stupid moron.
>>
>>323044220
They blackmail rich and corrupted people.
>>
>>323044227
>please don't spoil the game first week

The game will get spoiled one week before JAP release son
Everyone who cares will have evacuated or set up so many filters that they can only see their own posts
>>
Atlus here.

The last boss is Dojima and the Persona 4 crew. You have to lose the fight and then the ending switches to Yu's prospective and the crew reminisce how they caught the thieves and say "onto the next one!" hinting at a Persona 6.
>>
>>323043596
Isn't it rather obious that the cast is doing the thievery out of moral reasons? Like with almost all "Master Thief" Manga/Anime.
>>323044220
Stealing shit.

Look, it will probably very close to KKJ. Shadows/Demons/Personas are probably contained in objects of value, the people who own these objects act like assholes, the Cast steps in, steal the object and everything is cool again.
Add to that some flashy shit like sending Calling Cards before the heist.
>>
>>323044427
JUSTU
>>
File: Persona5Protag.png (196 KB, 634x416) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Persona5Protag.png
196 KB, 634x416
>>323044220

Pimping out Ann
>>
>>323044074
>>323044220
They already practically spoiled some of the minor antagonists
>A teacher who exploits his students (Ryuji arc)
>Mitsuo/Adachi 2.0 (Ann arc)
>An artist who plagiarizes work (Yuusuke arc)

The first and last ones i got word-for-word from the famitsu article
>>
>>323044227
have fun avoiding spoilers for 10 years i guess
>>
>>323044220
I imagine brainwashing people with magic or whatever they're doing counts as "illegal activities", but they're still doing it for the greater good. I will extremely surprised if by the end of the game there isn't a bigger bad and the main cast is recognized by everyone as the good guys.

>>323044451
There's no actual stealing. Hashino already said that as shady as they look, their goal is to help people and "reform the world".
>>
File: 1442505970352.png (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442505970352.png
39 KB, 300x300
>>323044227
>he thinks P5 is getting a PS3 release in the west

Time to face reality, anon. There's a strong chance it, like DQ Warriors and others, will only get a PS4 release over here to push more console sales. Prepare yourself.
>>
>>323044767
P5 is just inception, except the idea they're planting in peoples heads is "you've been a bad person, admit it"
>>
>>323044960
Sony shilled enough for the PS4 port to even exist. I doubt they'll bother to hinder the PS3 release in any way.
>>
>>323044451
It does seem that way, but I was hoping that they would be more immoral than expected, the bug bad will inevitably be more immoral than them, but I think it would be cool if they were lawful and doing the right thing while the Potter-kun and the gang are just a bunch of assholes. It won't happen but it would be nice.
>>
undub version won't take too long right?
>>
How long is Adachi's trial going to take?
Why does he keep coming back in all these spin off games?
>>
>>323044767
Of course there's no "actual" stealing, because that isn't their goal. They don't care about some painting or vase or whatever, they only "steal" it (or destroy it, or free it from a Shadow) so that the person that gets manipulated is free again.

The entire theming of the game seems to be Master Thieves. With references to Lupin (MC) and literal Cat Burglars (Ann, Morgana).
The guy with the Kitsune Mask could be a scammer, considering that Kitsune are known for trickery and high intelligence, as well as posing/transforming into other people (i.e. acting, lieing, conning people). And what are scammers if not thieves?
The only one that is hard to place is the blonde guy with the skull mask.
>>
>>323044525
So how do you think his will be structured if these guys are minor antagonists? Will they serve as filler to develop the characters in between the progression of whatever the main story is or will it all be connected? Also, I like that a teacher is playing a more significant role, it's a shame Morooka, Toriumi or Edagawa never did.
>>
>>323045408
P4 canon stopped making sense as soon as Golden was released. Anything beyond that is beating a dead horse.
>>
>>323045639

I would love to see an organization being behind the events of P5, with a big bad at the center of it
essentially P2 but with a P3 flair
>>
There is a decent PS Vita emulator for playing P4:Golden?
>>
Do people think the coffee shop where the protag stays will manage to have as comfy a social link as the Dojima/Nanako ones?
>>
>>323043254
Biri biri is in the trailer and she's voicing a tomboy character. You will have at least one more female.
>>
>>323045639
They will probably be the equivalent of P3's full moon Shadows and P4's Midnight Channel apparitions. Month-to-month objectives which help the main plot move along.
>>
File: 1435080736257.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435080736257.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
>tfw no more spinoffs with P4 as the spotlight
>>
>>323045797
it's called PS TV
>>
>>323045797
Yes. PlayStation TV :^) It plays the majority of Vita games.
>>
>>323045546
his persona is captain kidd

>>323045639
pretty sure it was confirmed that p5 won't have a big overarching story like the previous games
>>
>>323045836

I hope its like the stray sheep, in which you can just sit and drink some coffee to the sound of jazz and chit-chat with people/the crew
>>
>>323045947
>captain kidd
ha, awesome.
Maybe he's a software pirate as well
>>
>>323040642
good thing it's coming out on ps3 too

rev up those undubs
>>
>>323045947
That statement was worded in a way that hinted it starts with loose events but may or may not build up to something bigger.
>>
>>323046031

Thats what i thought when i first heard of it. I hope its a section of each day where you can sit and chill with the patrons at night but that might be more suited to a bar
>>
File: 1437510286543.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437510286543.jpg
187 KB, 1280x720
>>323046065
>Ryuji
>A software pirate
I wonder if they'll make fun of those who will pirate P5 on PS3
>>
>>323046031
looks like the bar of Catherine, but without the booze
>>
>>323034059
So when are we going to get the news that it's shit?
>>
Will P5 feature Operation Babe Hunt 3.0?
>>
>>323046441

Right after I finish with your mom
>>
>>323046459
Probably the main plot.
The big heists are actually panty raids.
>>
>>323044227
Just stop coming to 4chan altogether once the game drops dude. Its the only way.
>>
>>323046301
I wish more games fucked with piratefags like Earhtbound.
>>
>>323046459

Very likely

>The P5 crew visit the rural town of Inaba to get a taste of rural life
>They stay at the famous Amagi Inn
>Operation babe hunt 3.0 at the hot springs/that P4 beach ensues
>>
what about the fishing mini-game?
>>
>>323046662

Also in there
Remember, this shit is gonna have Yakuza-tier side stuff
>>
>>323046662
I think they'll replace it with something new, there was a baseball mini-game they might add a video game mini-game
>>
File: PAD-on-crane-game.jpg (1 MB, 1580x1580) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PAD-on-crane-game.jpg
1 MB, 1580x1580
>>323046662
Replaced with crane games.
Same dif, right?
>>
>>323046653

>you get arrested by Dojima and rookie Chie for being suspected of robbery
>>
>>323046653
While this is playing in the background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiP9Bhha0-4
>>
>>323042637
There's qt grill I bet she'll be the mature one. Ann is going to the bitchy lovers one
>>
>>323046787
hopefully
>>
>>323044960

Both the PS3 and PS4 versions are already confirmed though.
>>
>>323047018
She's a money grubber wanted to go back into the pyramid to get treasure.
>>
In the trailer we can see black thought bubbles appearing while the MC wanders through the town. How do you think will these play into the game/story? Are people being corrupted by shadows, thus think negative stuff all the time?
>>
>>323047695

Just general chatter imo
>>
>>323047826
no face people in there
>>
I feel a lot of people think P5 is going to be radically different from P3 and P4 in terms of themes, and they will be disappointed as fuck once the game actually comes out.
>>
>>323048217
It's going to be a mix between 3/4 and 2
>>
What online features will it have? they have to follow up with something after golden. And I hope they release the extra edition as an expansion on psn instead of reselling the game at full pric
>>
>>323047695
itll be idle NPC chatter, so you dont have to click them to hear them spew out there one line of dialog for the act your in
>>
>>323048217

The music will make me happy im sure. i dont see Meguro fucking that up
>>
>>323048608

yeah
I want the OST as much as I want the game
>>
>>323040642
>UH BUH BUH NO JAP VA'S

can you niggers even read or speak nip?
>>
>>323050068

Yes
I can confirm that japanese VA's are ALWAYS superior to the American VA's

What now you little shitposter?
Where is your
>muh 'you can't undestand the language'
now?
huh?
HUH?
>>
>>323050349
>he thinks KUMA and Rie Kuguyima are better than the english VAs
>>
>>323050068
I will never get the point of this argument. If it sounds better, it sounds better. It might sound better only because you can't understand shit, but it still sounds better.
You shouldn't express an opinion on the jap dub's quality without understanding the language, but it's still entirely fair to prefer it to the English version.
>>
>>323051421
this. persona 4 dub was much better than the jap voices. p3 was a little dry but i thought it was better too.
>>
>>323051421
Everything is better than english VA.

Personally, I hope I can just turn off VA altogether, japanese, english, africaans or whatever, I don't give a shit. Give me subtitles.
>>
>>323051619
>p3 was a little dry but i thought it was better too.
P3fags everyone! The game i so perfect according to them that they even defend the disgraceful dub, absolutley disgusting. Atlus stepped their shit up with the P4 dub but it's not even close to the jap voices, Kanji is the only one with a better voice n the english version.
>>
>>323051716
>>323051989
Here's your reply
>>
>>323052096
If you can't argue your positin then don't even bother replying.
>>
no dual audio = no buy
>>
>>323052821
>tfw you're such a good goy you'd pay for dual audio DLC
>>
>Dual audio fags ruining another Persona thread

baka desu senpai
>>
>>323052951
Go back to the hell you came from where you can enjoy amazing voice acting like "aha, is this our chance?!!" or anything said by Fuuka or Ikutsuki in the P3 dub.
>>
>>323046095
What makes you think the PS3 will have both dubs if the PS4 doesn't?
>>
>>323053382
Did you read the second line?

>undubs
>>
>>323053201
>hating on Ikutsuki's dub voice
>>
>>323053524
You can hear from miles away that it's the same voice actor as Igor.
>>
>>323050068
>Not ALWAYS listening to something in its original language
>Not knowing that the original voice always sounds better because it was the one that the creators had in mind when the creating the character.
>Being a amerifat
I bet that you listen to dubbed music.
>>
>>323042496
I thought that the Catherine dub was decent,
>>
>>323045919
But what about Five Nights at Teddies?
>>
>>323052951
Although I agree that people exaggerate about the quality of the english voices, it's understandable that they are pissed. I mean, it's pathetically easy to include the original voices and pretty much every game does it nowadays. I think that Atlus USA is just being stubborn due to fear of becoming irrelevant.

Hell, the could even include the original voices as a paid DLC and I'm sure that most people would pay for it.
>>
>>323054382

isnt it supposed to be impossible to actually get the rights to all the voice acting without paying a fuckload. seems like expecting too much froma game thats pretty niche in the US/EU
>>
>>323053201
Fuuka's voice was fine, the only reason people hate it is because she repeats too much battle dialogue, which is not a VA fault but a development fault
>>
>>323054653
It's an extra cost, but it's not that expensive. Plenty of smaller companies do it with far nicher games. This is just Atlus USA being cheap.
>>
>>323053880
>Teddie's KUMAs every 5 seconds is good because it's japanese
>>
Play mainline faggot
>>
>>323054653
>Pretty niche
Not really. It was when P4 was released, but it got much more popularity as time went on. Just see the difference between the views in the P4 and the P5 trailer. One has 400k or something, while the other has more than 3 million.

Also, I can guarantee to you that P5 is more mainstream than Drakengard or Dragon Crown and even these games manage to include the original voices as either payed DLC, or some content that you unlock while playing.
>>323054942
Irrelevant to my post and not even a good criticism because Teddie's VA is trash in english as well.
>>
>>323055158

>I can guarantee to you that P5 is more mainstream than Drakengard or Dragon Crown

I kinda feel this way too. i have a feeling that Reddit might pick up on it due to cross posting too. so im probably wrong to describe it as pretty niche you're right
>>
>>323055306
I mean, it's more obscure than games like Last of Us or AC, but it isn't Neptunia, Nier-tier or even Tales-tier of niche either.
>>
>>323055158
Yes but it's much less trashy, which males it better
>>
>>323055659
>Yes but it's much less trashy,
That's a matter of opinion. I think that both are pretty trashy, the one in english just seems a little better because you are used to it. There was many times in P4 where I mute the sound when Teddie or Yosuke were talking.
>>
>>323055659
No it's not, it's still annoying as fuck.

>>323054807
No, people hate it because it lacks emotion and just plain sucks, one of the worst voices in the P3 dub, atleast Mitsuru and Akihiko are passable.

I think the worst thing with the english dubs is that they still use honorifics which doesn't make much sense in the english language. It's also cringe to be forced to listen to these amerifats trying to pronounce japanese names.
>>
>30 to 40 year olds
>voice act as teenagers in a high school setting
why would I want this?
>>
>>323056050
>atleast Mitsuru and Akihiko are passable.
I think that Everyone in P3 sounds good, except for Fuuka and maybe Ken. Yukari, Junpei, Akihiko and even Aigis are decent in my opinion.

>It's also cringe to be forced to listen to these amerifats trying to pronounce japanese names.
I could argue against your point about honorifics, but I really can't disagree with this.
>>
File: 1413613136959.jpg (27 KB, 360x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413613136959.jpg
27 KB, 360x360
>>323040642
>tfw not being able to hear Jun Fukuyama Tomokazu Sugita's beautiful voicework
>>
>>323056050
>people hate it because it lacks emotion
I find it to be normal, Fuuka's quiet and reserved, her voice is quiet and calm, it fits her.
Wendee lee is much worse.
>>
>>323056230
That happens in both Japanese and English, don't act stupid
>>
>>323056351
I will give you Yukari, mostly because I enjoyed her english voice actress in Catherine(she voices Katherine). I can't agree with you on the others however, only Mitsuru and Akihiko were somewhat good in my opinion. I didn't like Aigis mostly because I played P4 Golden first and she voiced Kanji's mom, so I couldn't get the image of Kanji's mom out of my head whenever she spoke. Another problem with the dubs, they use the same voice actors for major roles throughout all of their games.
>>
>>323056050
>and just plain sucks, one of the worst voices in the P3 dub,
Well, that's like, your opinion, man
>>
>>323056678
And I don't like either of them. The japanese at least have the advantage of sounding like kids, but even then I would prefer no VA at all.
>>
Also, for God's sake. Persona is a franchise that's set in modern Japan, people talk using japanese names, honorifics and also japanese mannerism, it doesn't make any sense for the game to not be in its original language. Not to mention that a big part of the fanbase is obviously composed of anime fans.
>>
>>323056926
You do know that this happens in almost every game or anime where the characters are younger than 22, right?

Also, it's easy to find voice actors with ''younger'' voices. People with 18 years don't sound THAT different from people in their 30(depending on the person)
>>
Is anyone else debating buying a ps3/ps4 partly because of this? can't decide which one.
>>
Hopefully the game feels neither bloated or unfinished.

Why do so many games feel rushed or filled with filler these days? The only game last year I played that felt like a complete whole was Bloodborne.

I just want games to feel like a well rounded meal. Really hitting the spot, instead of feeling like parts of a good game.
>>
>>323056694
You didn't like Junpei's performance?I thought that it was one of the best in the game.

>Another problem with the dubs, they use the same voice actors for major roles throughout all of their games.
Yeah, this is definitely a problem. I hope they fix this shit now that the game gained more popularity.
>>
>>323057207


Good thing the PS4 is not region locked. No one is stopping you from playing the jpn version.
>>
>>323057908
I don't think they could possibly release an unfinished game after almost two years of delays. Unless development hell was the cause of it all.
>>
>>323057924
>Yeah, this is definitely a problem. I hope they fix this shit now that the game gained more popularity.
Keep dreaming
>>
>>323056550
And Nana Mizuki as the new girl.
>>
>>323057908
That's because developers no longer want to make focused games. They just want to attract as many customers as possible and for that they will put a bunch of irrelevant shit that has nothing to do with the core idea of their product. Most open-worlds are good examples of that.

As you mentioned, Souls games are one of the few series that are faithful to their core gameplay/idea these days. But Persona series is usually like this as well.
>>
>>323058146
Neither P3, 4 or Catherine were unfinished games. So I doubt 5 will be.
>>
>>323058738
>p4 unfinished
>game goes from december-march 20

kek, p4 was very unfinished. they added everything to make it more complete in golden
>>
>>323058146
>>323058738

Reading soejima's interviews in the design works made it seem like they had no intention of releasing broken games. But that was like 8-10 years ago and could just be bullshitting
>>
>>323057770
A PS3 is very cheap nowadays and has good exclusives, like Demon's Souls. I'd say that's worth to get one if you never had a 7th generation console, that way you can play games like Dragon's Dogma, Catherine, Bayonetta and many others. However, if you had a 360 beforehand, I'd advise you to get a PS4 instead.
>>
>>323058146
OF COURSE IT WAS FUCKING DEVELOPMENT HELL!!

YOU THINK THEY NEEDED TO DELAY IT ANOTHER YEAR JUST TO ADD SOME SHITTY FORGETTABLE MINI GAMES? NO THERE WAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THE GAMEPLAY OR SCRIPT THAT THEY DECIDED TO FIX!! THE GAME HAS A VERY TROUBLED DEVELOPMENT
>>
>>323058523
>
As you mentioned, Souls games are one of the few series that are faithful to their core gameplay/idea these days. But Persona series is usually like this as well.

Yeah you're right, the reason why games like Bloodborne and Persona 4 feel so good is because it comes off as having a singular vision with an end goal what the final product should be like.

However most games these days have to appeal to such a broad audience that it becomes-
>WOAH MAN LOOK AT OUR AWESOME GAME ITS EVERYTHING YOU LIKE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES A LITTLE BIT OF COLUMN A AND A LITTLE BIT OF EVERY OTHER COLUMN EVERYTHING YOU LIKE WELL GUESS WHAT IT'S IN THIS GAME.

It just comes off as incredible soulless, Destiny is especially guilty of this. Just because you like sushi and hamburgers doesn't mean a sushi hamburger is a good idea.
>>
>>323059491
Anon are you ok
>>
>>323040756
>original P4D bait and switch stream
Wait, what was this?
>>
>>323059121
Maybe it's because I never played Golden, but P4 didn't seemed rushed to me. The last months stuff was weird, but it seemed like a design decision rather than rushed development. If you think about it, P3 doesn't let you enjoy your vacations either and that game also had additional content.
>>
File: 1436214280969.jpg (76 KB, 600x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436214280969.jpg
76 KB, 600x900
>>323059491
I don't think it was development hell.

Most likely the build of the game they had around the time they announced it for 2013 was very different to what they have now, probably closer to 3 and 4 in terms of scale and visuals. Then somewhere along the line they decided to just go balls out and make it the biggest, best game they could, and took the appropriate time they needed to do that.

I'm talking out my ass of course, but that's just what I think.
>>
>>323040642
Troy Baker is too famous for Persona now.
>>
>>323059952
You didnt find it weird that the game just ended after you beat the dungeon besides the christmas date scene and just suddenly teleported you to march for no reason? Golden fills january and february with a new years event, sleepovers, getting sick, ski trips, another dungeon in february, more testing, snow filled inaba with different music. The last day before it cuts to spring is valentines day

It feels a lot more complete and normal than just rushing from adachi > last day
>>
>>323059952
>The last months stuff was weird, but it seemed like a design decision rather than rushed development
Nah, they didn't have a fucking set idea of what they were gonna do, they even admit so in one of their interviews

>The team were an easy-going lot, Hashino revealed. For example, when they usually created a game, the team would compile a document with all the information about the game contained within. However, in the case of P4, they chose not to. When they idea was considered, the team figured that they had a vague sense of what was going into the game already, so they didn’t require one.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/22/behind-the-design-of-persona-4/#kt88kpk6dFJG2GJg.99
>>
File: once upon a time.png (230 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
once upon a time.png
230 KB, 1280x720
>>323060159
More like it. The game was bugged with game crashing bugs and they failed to properly port it to the PS4.
So fuck the PS4.
>>
>>323060315
You talk like Troy baker is some super famous celebrity when he's just a shitty vidya VA. As some anons mentioned above, Persona is also much bigger than it once was and he did Catherine in 2011. So no, I don't think that Troy Baker is ''too big for Persona''. He's just a literally who
>>
>>323059772
The original announcement stream, November 2013.

>long-ass Persona stream gets announced
>everyone hops in hoping for P5
>PQ gets announced, "fuck you Atlus"
>oh wait it's still going, P5 soon
>P4DAN gets announced instead, "fuck you Atlus", "Persona is literally dead", "I will never buy any of your games again", "I'm going to kill myself now"
>suddenly pic related
>panic ensues
>>
>>323060380
Yeah, it makes sense.

Come to think of it, P4 was released very soon after P3, while they at least took their time for P5.
>>
>>323060680
Is that why he's been replaced as Kanji?
>>
>>323060891
>IT WILL BE 3DS ONLY, WII U ONLY

that was the best time ever on this fucking shithole board
>>
No nip VAs = no buy
Especially when half of the game's budget got burned on that crazy cast.
>>
>>323061187
No one knows the exact reason for that. It could be numerous things. Chie also got replaced and her VA was even more literally who than Troy baker.
>>
>>323058261
>Sugita and Mizuki together in the same game as allies
I bet he fucking loved it. I wish I had that gif of Sugita at one of her concerts.
>>
File: 1442696407213.jpg (637 KB, 957x3100) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442696407213.jpg
637 KB, 957x3100
>>323040642
>>
>>323061470
I've to agree with this. I pains to know that i'll have to play with those shitty english VAs when Atlus spent so much money on the Japanese cast.
>>
>>323061512
Troy was replaced with someone who sounds like him, whereas Chie's VA was replaced with a totally different voice, as if the original casting was a mistake.
>her VA was even more literally who than Troy baker
VA's have a hierarchy, and Troy is moving up in the world, even if that world is still shit.
>>
SMT nigger here.

fuck persona
>>
>>323061662
Last mystery voice is the party member with the Indiana Jones persona.
>>
File: 1450662101081.jpg (77 KB, 613x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450662101081.jpg
77 KB, 613x960
>>323061662
As someone who is usually completely 100% fine with dubs, this pains me.
>>
>>323061662
>that cast
>I won't be able to listen to Ikeda
Goddammit, I didn't give a shit about the dubbing on P4, but this fucking hurts me somewhere deep down
>>
>>323061662
I dont watch anime because its trash so every time this list gets posted I dont get triggered. Feels good mang
>>
>>323034059
My body is ready
>>
>>323062293
>Saying this on a Persona thread
The irony.
>>
>>323061662
By the way, Nakata needs to be a party member.
>>
>>323062460
I don't watch anime either and i like Persona
Eat shit, weeb
>>
>>323034059
>yfw they announce the ps3 version is canceled and they were 'fine tuning' the game to be ps4 only and look slightly better
>>
>>323061926
That's merely speculation. He worked on Catherine, which is much less famous than Persona and released on the same year as Golden
>>
File: 1451633449161.jpg (857 KB, 1434x2988) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451633449161.jpg
857 KB, 1434x2988
>>323061662
Post the less autistical version
>>
>>323061470
>No nip VAs again

Do we already know that for sure?
>>
>>323062460
I love persona but have only watched normiecore anime because a lot of it is weeaboo high school garbage with insipid characters and plots. Black lagoon and death note are the best anime because they're straight up and theres minimal cringe shit in them
>>
>>323061662

Do you have one of these with vidya characters, I don't really watch anime.
>>
>>323062625
Persona is even more weeb than most anime though. I hope you realize how retarded you sound with that post.
>>
>>323062456
Who is this seminal sentinel?
>>
>spend half the development costs on AAA VAs
>the localization only spends a fraction of the original development costs
>the games sell many times more overseas than natively in Japan
>the money spent on the dub isn't even half of the total localization costs, which were but a fraction of the original development costs to begin with
>that's the dub we get in spite of being the region that provides the bulk of their profits
Why the fuck does western fans have such abysmal standards? If people hadn't bought trash tier dubs for almost two decades no matter how trash, we might have been able to avoid this. But now it's impossible. The shiteaters have already built their own grave and they've dragged everyone else down with them.
>>
>>323062625
That just means you would enjoy anime but you're in denial.
>>
>>323062812
Please, post this on /a/. It's such a obvious bait but I'm sure people will take it.
>>
File: 1220834624.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1220834624.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>323034059
>US version still Q4 2016
>no dual audio
YFW
>>
I wouldn't mind no JP voice acting if it wasn't for the fact that 95% of the good dub voice actors are too cool to do anime games anymore, and the fact that the translations of persona 3/4 were fucking embarasing

catherine was really good because the script didn't read like a fandub and it had a really great cast, but that game also sold like dogshit because it was too difficult and didn't hold your hand like persona does
>>
File: 1450218907151.jpg (144 KB, 550x550) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450218907151.jpg
144 KB, 550x550
>>323061662
>Fukujun
>Miyano
>Nana-sama
>Sugita
>Aoi yuuki
>Nakata
>Ikeda
>>
>>323062905
That's pretty much any Persona fan who thinks that anime is bad.
>>
>>323063012
Catherine sold well.
>>
>>323062703
I'm seeing more random unknown roles in this than in the other version.
>>
>>323062981
>xD if i disagree with it and it isnt le contrarian 4chan man opinion its bait rofl!

Kill yourself, you forgot to post your frog picture
>>
>>323061662
majority of these characters are better in english

go fuck yourself
>>
>>323062905
I have watched anime, can't get past 3 episodes.
I want to play vidya, not watch a japanese cartoon
>>
>>323062819
>I hope you realize how retarded you sound with that post.

They simply can't. Just cringe at their idiocy or laugh and ignore then. Trying to talk with them it's useless, it makes those retards more excited and nothing more.
>>
>>323063120
You are either a newfag who's trying to talk about a medium you don't understand, or simply a retarded who thinks that baby-tier attempts of trolling people are fun. Either way, I'll not bother with you when you talk like a newfag shitposter.
>>
>>323062819
Not really, no
Unless you're a retard that thinks P4G is the only persona game.
>>
>>323062689
I think 2012 was his cutoff point, as Mathew Mercer replaced him in Persona Ultimax and halfway through the anime, as well as Disgaea.
>>
>>323063295
>I have watched anime, can't get past 3 episodes.

You are wrong, anime is a cool show, I have read it many times and it's great. It gets better after the third level, though.
>>
>>323063362
Nice as hominem, how about you use an argument instead?
>>
>>323061662
>>323062703
I don't get it
>>
>>323061662
>>323062703
>give me only AAA voice actors no rokkie shits, I want Nana to tell me that she loves and masturbate to Ikeda's voice
>b-but Mr.Hashino what about the budget?
>fuck the budget
>>
>>323063387
a is nothing but cancer and a majority of anime is fucking high school moe trash. Pretty much shovelware but in anime form if that makes sense. Sorry, your incest otaku pandering shit doesnt do anything for me. Please suggest some good story thats light on the japanese writing cringe and tropes though and i'll check it out, captain anime.
>>
>>323063406
every persona game is weeb as fuck
>>
>>323063406
Stop trying to disassociate yourself with something that you perceive as being cringe because people told you so, or because you watched 5 titles of it. P3 and P4 are the epitome of weeb and it's cringe as fuck to see people trying to say that they like Persona but hate anime.
>>
File: 1443206201471.jpg (126 KB, 1068x594) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443206201471.jpg
126 KB, 1068x594
I hope we get to see Ann's naked butt in the game or anime.
>>
>>323063584
You know what i mean, i just can't get hooked in what i watch, i just want to play fucking vidya where i punch humanity's sins with my bare fists and i can also summon satan to fight against death itself, i don't care about the artstyle
>>
>>323063406
>Char
>Char
>and Char
errytiem
>>
>>323063839
But she shits from that butt
>>
>>323063839
I hope so too.
>>
>>323063976
Obviously misquoted like a retard, was meant for >>323062703
>>
>>323063667
"Weeb" is not an adjective

>>323063718
>you percieve as being cringe
>hate anime
Don't put words in my mouth you homo
I just can't get into most Anime, the most i've watched is simple shit like Death note, and....shit i think that's it
Anyway, fuck you
>>
>>323063658
Do you realize that you are in a thread of a anime game that's set in a japanese highschool, has people using honorifics and has date simulators elements?

>Please suggest some good story thats light on the japanese writing cringe and tropes though
I'll not spoonfeed a massive shitposter
>>
>all of these contrarian retards who come into a weeb game thread but hate weebs
jej
>>
>>323064347
It's mostly people trying to ''troll''. Or at least I hope so.

I mean, look at this shit >>323064226, it can't be serious
>>
>>323062903
>If people hadn't bought trash tier dubs for almost two decades no matter how trash, we might have been able to avoid this.

No, if people hadn't bought trash tier dubs we wouldn't be getting any games at all, there's a multitude of other series that're nippon only that's proof of this.
>>
>>323064226
Every persona game is full of incredibly stupid and annoying japanese tropes/cliches that exist to be wish fufilment for japanese teenagers and manchildren who wished they were popular and successful during high school, and appeals to people in the west with similar mindsets on top of being exotic and foreign

Is that better, you pedantic asshole?
>>
>>323064347
/v/ isn't /a/
>>
>>323043217
Sega of Japan hates the west and constantly tries to sabotage shit.
>>
>>323064497
>wish fufilment for japanese teenagers and manchildren who wished they were popular and successful during high school,
Easy with the projection there, buddy
>>
>>323064337
It also has kids with superpowers that defeat the ultimate evil with the power of friendship.

Kek
>>
>>323063976
>Ikeda is also going to show up in SMIVFinal
>>
>>323064505
Irrelevant to what he said. Persona is as much of a weeb game as Kyoani anime are weeb shows.
>>
>>323064497
Jokes on you I didn't start being unpopular until college
>>
>People unironically calling themselves "weebs"
When did we get to this point?
Wasn't weeb suppose to be a word used to troll people by putting people who like something Japanese under one umbrella?

Embracing it is literally the last thing that we should be doing.
>>
File: 1452134877760.gif (885 KB, 459x410) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452134877760.gif
885 KB, 459x410
>>323064505
/v/ also isn't reddit
>>
>>323064337
Yeah and in that same game you go saving people from their troubles or a tower that only comes out at night. You talk to people and help them with their problems. You team up with a group of strangers and unite to end a threat thats plaguing humanity.

Theres barely any weebshit in persona and thats why its great. It feels like a 90s jrpg. Who the fuck cares about date simulator. Its a 1 minute scene where someone just says they love. OH WOW IM SO HARD ITS SO BEAUTIFUL!! I dont care for that shit because I have a gf already. I suppose losers like you put such forced scenes on a pedastal though because its all you got.

Why cant you reccomend some good anime though, captain anime? Arent you trying to prove me wrong in that its not all garbage?
>>
>>323063172
>this bait
More effort next time anon?
>>
Things got to a point where even Persona thread are filled with people wanting to disassociate themselves with the weeb label. What's going to be next?Neptunia threads will be full of ''totally not weeaboo'' posters?
>>
>>323064961
Shut up weeb desu senpai
>>
File: 1431531517356.jpg (52 KB, 500x380) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1431531517356.jpg
52 KB, 500x380
>>323065005
>This bait
Back to /b/ with you
>>
>>323064961
It lost all meaning anyway, it just mean peoples who like anime at this point, which should be nearly all of 4chan normally. Don't think about it and transform into a car already.
>>
File: 1451591591662.png (245 KB, 595x842) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451591591662.png
245 KB, 595x842
>"I HATE ANIME AND ANYTHING RELATED TO ANIME"
>"BETTER POST IN A PERSONA THREAD"
>>
>>323065367
>all anime is mass-marketed otaku pandering trash

don't you have a #FE thread to damage control in?
>>
>>323064961
Yeah, but the reason weeb became a huge buzzword was exactly because anime fans tried to dissociate themselves with the term. Meaning, that they would try to call other weebs and make fun of ''weeb things'' even though they enjoyed anime and japanese games themselves.

People are ''labeling'' themselves as weebs here because of retards and trolls trying to pretend that Persona isn't anime as fuck. If we were to go by the actual definition of the term, watching anime doesn't make one weeb anyway
>>
>>323065575
Why do normalfags even pretend to like anime if they can't take otaku pandering shows?

Just go back to your western television, fuck off.
>>
>i love Naruto and Bleach and DBZ and have my whole room filled with jap stuff
>weeaboo!
>i like this japanese game
>weeaboo!
>>
>>323065575
>persona isn't otaku pandering

I bet you watch sports and play CoD you stupid fucking american cuckold
>>
>>323064486
>if people hadn't bought trash tier dubs we wouldn't be getting any games at all
This is true now. But it was less true in the past.

Today trash tier localizations are still mega successes that rakes in millions upon millions. So when a game fails today they blame the product no matter the quality of the localization since it's proven that trash localizations still sell.

But in the past when everyone were still trying out the waters, they would question the quality of the localization.

The only reason we are stuck the way we currently are is because the equilibrium of localizations stabilized at the utter bottom.
>>
>>323065575
>#FE is mass marketed
>things I like aren't for otaku!!! Things I don't like are!!!
Hilarious hypocrite.
>>
File: 122313312.gif (998 KB, 245x370) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
122313312.gif
998 KB, 245x370
>>323065575
>Persona isn't otaku pandering
>>
>>323034059
>tfw 2016 we'll have FFXV, TLG and P5

My god this will be a good year.
>>
>>323065935
it isn't. only persona 4 golden is otaku pandering
>>
File: persona get.png (959 KB, 1054x588) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
persona get.png
959 KB, 1054x588
>thread spiraled into sub vs dub shitposting again

well atleast it isn't furry shitposting
>>
>>323065748
Normalfags want to say that they like anime without being judged as weirdos. So they pretend to hate highschool/harem shows and only praise things like Ghost in the Shell, Berserk, Monster and Cowboy bebop for example. In the case of this thread it doesn't even make any sense because Persona is just as otaku pandering as harem shows are
>>
>>323065748
>>323065778
>>323065856
>>323065935
My favorite atlus game is catherine, go fuck yourselves
>>
>>323066254
Actually normalfags would be in the right for once. For all the shit you elitists fags give those shows, they have much better themes, stories, and characters than generic loli tsundere moe problem in high school senpai 3029 garbage. Anime can be good as seen with those shows and like death note and code geass, its just too bad so much of is shit and has to pander to losers who exist only to jack off to generic loli character tropes
>>
>>323066456
Catherine is anime as fuck too. Just not as otaku pandering as Persona.
>>
File: 1451687384496.jpg (31 KB, 638x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451687384496.jpg
31 KB, 638x540
>>323066580
>they have much better themes, stories, and characters than generic loli tsundere moe problem in high school senpai 3029 garbage

Hi, normie
>>
File: 1447162793056.png (569 KB, 588x412) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447162793056.png
569 KB, 588x412
>like persona
>don't like most anime
>this causes a shitstorm

Never change, /v/
>>
>>323066580
>Code Geass isn't pandering of the highest degree
>>
>>323066113
>Social Links
>Date simulator
>Mary sue protagonist who's super popular in school and gets all girls while having no personality.
>Teenagers with hidden powers in modern society
>Power of friendship defeats all
>anime artsyle
>Girls are bad at cooking and guys are forced to eat it
>Not otaku pandering
Kek
>>
>>323066756
hi weeb trash
>>
>>323066964
that's 3 and 4, family.
stop shitposting
>>
>>323066756
Oh no, Elder Lord Anime is angry that I dont watch classics such as the hamster anime and putrid liquid shit like lucky star and kon. The most "anime" anime i enjoyed was the world god only knows, mainly because how alpha keima is.

>>323066826
Good themes, entertaining motives and story, and strong main characters push the story forward despite all the yaoi and bishie scenes. Much better than watching generic moeblobs designed literally to appeal to otaku trash cook in high school
>>
>>323066580
> they have much better themes, stories, and characters than generic loli tsundere moe problem in high school senpai 3029 garbage.
First, I never said that those anime are bad. Second, There's many, many anime that doesn't fit in your shitty, hyperbolic definition. Third, I don't even know why I'm replying to bait.
>>
>>323066964
that's persona 4 golden right there. your point?
>>
>>323067109
And it'll be 5 as well. I wonder why you are here.
>>323067227
And 3, and vanilla 4.
>>
File: 1451591652473.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451591652473.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>323067112

Keep convincing yourself that the weeb shit you watch is any better than the weeb shit other people like.

Now go, normie. You're going to miss that football game
>>
Look fools, to one of the gotys of this new year
>>
OP here
This wasn't the direction I wanted the discussion to go
I hate you faggots
>>
>>323066592
Exactly

Catherine is very anime, but if you compare the content and how it presents itself to persona, persona looks like a fucking joke
>>
>>323066789
It just comes off as incredibly hypocrite though. It's like saying that you despise Hollywood movies but likes Uncharted.
>>
>>323067553
That's your own opinion. Catherine is less otaku pandering, but that doesn't mean that's better than Persona. The quality of a game isn't defined by how you perceive its target audience.
>>
>>323067339
I have never played a sport nor seen a football game, sorry Elder Lord Anime. While i watch these fictional sports games you keep torrenting all those bland generic 12 episode shitfests and pretend youre enlightned.
>>
>>323067109
literally everything he mentioned is in persona 1/2 as well besides social links/dating

in some ways persona 1/2 are MORE otaku pandering because it has characters like eikichi who goes from being normal teenager to guy with magical powers fighting monsters with a gatling gun guitar case within 10 minutes and doesn't ever stop to question how insane that is
>>
>>323062729
>Nobody answered.

So, it's a no, right? Or at least I hope so.
>>
File: 1451591507447.jpg (18 KB, 220x236) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451591507447.jpg
18 KB, 220x236
>>323067765
Try to convice your normie pals and family that "C-Code Geass is totally better than other anime!" and post results
>>
>>323067765
While he does this, you shitpost on a thread of one of the most notorious weeb games on /v/.
>>
>>323067112
This post is as cringe as someone trying to claim that GTA and TES are the best games of all time.
>>
>>323067764
The themes are handled way better and (for a lack of a better word) much more maturely in catherine than they are in persona, which means the writing isn't sarrachine "you can solve all problems with magical powers and friendship" nonsense

catherine also has a much more meaningful social interaction system because instead of it being framed as "you are awesome, now go and be awesome" there's an actual chance of fucking things up based on your decisions in the dialogue scenes because catherine isn't a game designed to assuage the players ego

persona and games like it are the video game equivalent of comfort food. Would you argue that a bag of chips isn't objectively worse than a steak?
>>
>>323067967
>all my pals and family

Funny you say that, since I only have one friend besides my gf. Ive watched code geass with my sister who is a total normie and she loved it. Ive seen GITS and played through persona 3 and 4 with my gf and she loved them, we plan to play through P5 together. But i cringe at the thought at showing either of them your trash like neptunia or hamster anime, which makes you clinically retarded if you put them on same tier as code geass or persona.
>>
>>323043596
>choice to kill someone

This shit pisses me off in JPRGs because like in Persona 3 Portable even if you get the choice and choose to kill, your character and party will just be like "lol nvm killing is wrong :)"

I wish a game would do this but instead when you choose to not kill your character changes his mind thinking the person would be too much of a threat to let go and decides to kill him instead.
>>
>>323067331
>And 3
They protag has to work for his shit, and girls get jealous and even break the S.Link.
Meanwhile, Yu can't do anything wrong
P3 protag isn't a mary sue, his life was shit and he died
Power of friendshop didn't defeat nyz, jist forced a stalemate
Yukari can cook, and Fuuka never forces you to eat her stuff, she also gets better, unlike every fucking girl in P4
>>
>>323068369
You love saying cringe a lot, don't you?
>>
File: 1451591614814.png (682 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451591614814.png
682 KB, 1280x720
>>323068416
>which makes you clinically retarded if you put them on same tier as code geass or persona.

Yeah, you're right. Umaru is much better than that stupid shit. It's on the same level as Persona though.

I bet you are one of those cucked americans that get triggered at 2d anime titties. And speaking of cucking, you gf is getting backed as we speak
>>
>>323068510
>Power of friendshop didn't defeat nyz, jist forced a stalemate
Wrong.
>They protag has to work for his shit, and girls get jealous and even break the S.Link.
He has to do the exact same thing as Yu, which is answer arbitrary questions in the right way.
>P3 protag isn't a mary sue, his life was shit and he died
He's still super popular, get all girls, is the leader of the group, is popular and saves the world. If anything, being all depressive and gloomy is even better for otakus to sense insert.

I'll give you the cooking one, but that's it.
>>
>>323068736
*blacked
>>
>>323068784
self-insert
>>
>>323068736
Stop replying to that retarded. I can't believe that a newfag manage to derail the thread.
>>
>>323055306
> Reddit might pick up on it

For fucks sake, Persona is fucking massive. Do you seriously think 'Reddit' doesn't already know about it.

>he knows whats on Reddit.

Grow up.
>>
>>323068736
LOL, this is why no one takes hardcore weebs seriously. You think 12 episodes of tired old shitty gags is better than an anime with an actual plot and character development scenes and struggles. Fuck i hate you moefags, you have killed anime and are tanking japanse games hard with your demand for awful shit and cookie cutter characters and stories because anything higher triggers you and makes you cry into your anime pillow

My gf is great and very loyal, no wonder youre so fucked in the head. You cant argue without thinking of cucks and niggers fucking your girl.
>>
File: 2683079u3nz7lc6f5.jpg (34 KB, 400x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2683079u3nz7lc6f5.jpg
34 KB, 400x320
>>323034059
Can't wait for the announcement of a PC release.
>>
File: 1423330308967.jpg (272 KB, 498x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423330308967.jpg
272 KB, 498x700
Will P5 have an ost as goat as the other games?
I cant find a good acid jazz song that I feel could work in the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiKMzXwOH-E
>>
>>323069873

tne day this gets announced for pc is the day im gonna post my dick on /v/
>>
>>323070078
It would probably just get lost in the shitposting.
>>
File: 1452002809607.jpg (23 KB, 260x258) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452002809607.jpg
23 KB, 260x258
>>323069742
>anime with an actual plot and character development scenes and struggles

I thought you were talking about Code Geass
>>
>>323068784
>Wrong
Wow, what a great argument
>Yu has to do the same thing
The only girls that need stats are Ai and Naoto, every other girl can be fucked by just talking to them

>He's still super popular
Only in the first months because he's new, then they just forget about him.
>, get all girls
Again, no he doesn't, they can break the S.Link when they see you with other girls, and only two gilrs show interest for him, one of them is a toaster
> the leader of the group
Only in combat because he's the one that was the strongest, Mitsuru is the one caling the shots, she even forces you to go to tartarus if you ignore it
> is popular
You already said this
> and saves the world
Yeah, let's ignore that it cost him his life
>>
>>323068404
>The themes are handled way better and (for a lack of a better word) much more maturely in catherine than they are in persona,
Not really, the only difference lies in the age of the characters. In fact, I think that Persona deliver its themes much better than Catherine due to how failed the choices and metric system were in that game.

The sense of catharsis that I had at the end of P3 was much stronger than In Catherine. The plot in Catherine was messy as fuck and all of the characters besides Vincent barely had development or characterization if you compare with Persona games. Also, that twist at the end about population growth felt incredibly anti-climatic and came out of nowhere.

Not to mention how that the meta about ''Vincent climbing into adulthood'' at the end was forced and unnecessary.
>>
>>323070469
Im talking about normiecore anime which is ironically a lot better than the shovelware anime a promotes. I think its just meta at this point, youd need more autism than a kingdom hearts-smash bros-minecraft-sonic fan to actually enjoy watching that shit though.
>>
>>323061662
Last voice actor is going to be the bad guy. Calling it right now.
>>
File: 1450007591335.png (361 KB, 473x675) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450007591335.png
361 KB, 473x675
>>323034059
>Not on PC

Who cares about this trash?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (43 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
latest[1].jpg
43 KB, 500x281
>>323062703
>Ikeda's line features three times Char and not once Shuichi Akai from Detective Conan
>>
>>323070729
>Wow, what a great argument
I don't need to make a argument when you can just watch on fucking Youtube. Minato literally defeats Nyx with the collective power of friendship at the end.

>The only girls that need stats are Ai and Naoto, every other girl can be fucked by just talking to them
Not the point. So, Minato is less self-insert because he has to go to karaoke and drink tea some days at the week?Are you really that stupid? The point is that both can fuck every girl in the game by simply giving them the right answers. Even if you ignore Yukari, Mitsuru and Fuuka, you can still get Elizabeth, Chihiro, Yuko and Aigis anyway. The only thing stopping you from fucking the rest is a grinding system. W o w.

>Only in the first months because he's new, then they just forget about him.
There's several scenes at the game where girls check on him and say that he's good looking/hot. For example, in one of the interactions with Chihiro at her social link.

>Only in combat because he's the one that was the strongest
Not relevant. You could argue that Naoto and Yosuke are much more important than Yu at the investigation too because they are the ones who solve the mysteries, but Yu is still called the leader, just like Minato.

>Yeah, let's ignore that it cost him his life
So?A mary sue giving his life to save everyone is one of the most common things to happen.
>>
File: 1452004275003.jpg (29 KB, 269x263) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452004275003.jpg
29 KB, 269x263
>>323071087
Whatever normie, you bored me. Check up on your gf, trust me. I guarantee she is getting blacked
>>
>>323071850
I doubt it cuckboy, keep fantasizing though
>>
>>323071087
>normiecore anime which is ironically a lot better
Watch more anime. I doubt you even surpassed the 50 mark.
>>
File: 1451860907011.jpg (270 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451860907011.jpg
270 KB, 1280x720
>>323072185
Not the cuck here, kid
>>
I can't even remember the last Persona thread that wasn't complete shit. It has been like this ever since they announced the delay.
>>
>>323072829
Ive seen like 20 anime and read a few manga. Actually reading prison school now, on chapter 32. Great great manga with great art, characters, humor, and plot

When its good its great but theres just so much loli otaku trash to wade through
>>
>>323071740
>So, Minato is less self-insert because he has to go to karaoke and drink tea some days at the week?Are you really that stupid?
Stop putting words in my mouth, Faggot
>>
>>323073371
Still a very low number. You need to watch more stuff to form a opinion about the medium and to also form your own taste. If I had to guess, I bet most of the things you watched were entry-level stuff and/or things that aired just a few years ago.
>>
File: P4A_Sho_Render.png (800 KB, 1245x1992) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P4A_Sho_Render.png
800 KB, 1245x1992
>YFW pic related is returning
It's Sho time baby
>>
>>323073270
No wonder, what the hell are we actually supposed to talk about?
>>
>>323073412
You implied that it was different because Minato had to grind stats to get some girls. I'm sorry that you've brain damage.
>>
>>323073412
I just want to say you're both retarded because both the 3 and 4 protags are supposed to be self inserts. There are a couple things that are predetermined for both characters but ultimately most of everything about them are determined by the player.
>>
>>323074110
This.
Arguing about which one has more pandering is pointless. They both pander. That's the point.
>>
Should I play P3 or P3P?
>>
>>323074110
>Both retarded
>because both the 3 and 4 protags are supposed to be self inserts
Read the whole chain of replies you lazy fuck. That's exactly what I said. The discussion happened because he tried to claim that P3 was different.
>>
>>323074280
FES
>>
>>323073814
Ive already said ive seen normie and toonamicore stuff. The face of modern anime is just girls talking about nonsense in a high school cooking class. I dont need to watch that to know its shit, my instinct is correct. Welcome to the nhk is my favorite anime since i discovered it when i was a neet. I really like the berserk manga but its so slow. I loved oyasumi punpun but a lot of arcs dragged it down. Prison school might be my favorite manga now
>>
>>323074298
I did im just dumb. Sorry. I thought you might be implying that narukami was somehow better or something.
That other anon does have brain problems though.
>>
>>323074280
P3 FES
>>
>>323074362
But I don't like soccer.
>>
>>323074826
oh you
>>
>>323074280
Play FES.
P3P has the most content from what i understand but its broken easy if you care about that. What gets me is that in P3P you dont move your character around to talk to s links or walk around the town. It kinda just feels like youre going through menus the whole game.
>>
>>323074370
>The face of modern anime is just girls talking about nonsense in a high school cooking class
I could name numerous anime that don't fit in your retarded definition. You could claim that many anime are trash or mediocre, but guess what?It's the same with literally every medium. Most games are also bad, generic, formulaic and soulless, but it is shallow and ignorant to say that only mainstream stuff like The Last of Us and AC are good because those were the only things that you tried.

It's blatantly obvious by your posts that you have a entry-level knowledge about anime and that's why it's hard to take you serious.
>>
>>323074634
I think that's the same guy who's trying to claim that ''Persona and anime are totally different!''
>>
>>323075061
So why dont you name some then? Every time i want to be pointed in the right direction and watch something with substance like death note or gits i'm told im baiting. Youve already waded yhrough all the trash moe otaku anime for me, thanks, now share the good stuff you found please?
>>
>>323075264
>persona and anime are different!
HAHA-HAHAHAHA
oh man, thats good.
I mean, if he means that they're different in the sense that persona is a video game and therefore not strictly an anime, i guess but, that doesnt change the fact that the art style is very clearly based on anime art styles.
>>
>>323074983
P3P is easy? Can you give me some tips then? I'm constantly underlevelled and have difficulties with bosses, I'm currently stuck on Strength and Fortune because Ken (my only healer) is MIA.
>>
>>323075819
He thinks that the AI fucking you over = difficulty.
Not that the game forces you to use direct control.
>>
File: 1434857311226.jpg (57 KB, 604x377) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434857311226.jpg
57 KB, 604x377
>just lost job
>will need to get a PS4 for this game

hope it gets delayed another year so the price drops
>>
File: 1408136583878.jpg (4 MB, 1774x5162) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408136583878.jpg
4 MB, 1774x5162
>>323075640
It depends on your definition of what's good and what's bad. If I had to guess by your posts, it'd be things without or with very few anime cliches, tropes or mannerism, however you stated that you like Code Geass, which is heavy on anime cliches. it's also hard to want to spoonfeed a shitposter like you.

There's both good and bad things on this chart, depending on your preference.
>>
>>323076358

FUCK YOU
get a job
>>
>>323076876
>get a job
rude.
>>
File: 1385678728896.jpg (20 KB, 152x224) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1385678728896.jpg
20 KB, 152x224
>>323076876
research positions are hard to come by here

at least those that pay
>>
>>323077043

I know your pain anon, 6 months looking for a position and nothing
Fortunately unlike you, I already had a ps4
>>
>>323076851
>slice of life
>romance

See this already cuts out 40% of that list because its all forgettable shit with generic characters and trope settings. Code geass has no cliches besides it being a grander than life setting and events but it was still fun to watch, had an actual story and motivations, and lelouch is an awesome character, i dont care what any a shitposter says about him.
>>
>>323077191
Are you 15?
>>
File: MAY MAYD.png (387 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MAY MAYD.png
387 KB, 640x480
I
Need
A
DATE
A
T
E
>>
>>323077290
>lol youre a kid if i disagree with you!!!

Please go back to being rational faggot, you were doing good in >>323076851 and>>323075061
>>
>>323077191
There's not even that many Slice of lifes or romance in that chart. And Code Geass has countless anime cliches , you would know that if you watched anime instead of parroting what other people say.
>>
>>323077521
Not really what I meant. You sound like a kid by the way you write and by the things you say.

>you were doing good in
Not the same person, kid.
>>
>>323073846
What would actually be improvements to the series? What happens to the series if you remove the self insert pandering and instead the goal is to become a decent human being instead of the power fantasy of having everything given to you? What if we got a fair amount of new, fuseable personae that weren't SMT demons?
>>
>>323040642
Don't forget Laura Bailey, Nolan North and Steve Blum
>>
File: 1406691668285.jpg (52 KB, 742x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406691668285.jpg
52 KB, 742x720
>>323062703
>va for Misaka and Tornado
Oh I hope they are party memebers
>>
>>323077191
>Every slice of life and romance are bad
This is a whole new level of retardation.
>>
>>323077826
>Implying Atlus can afford them anymore
>>
>>323077758
>remove the self insert
Then it will turn into Tales of Persona. Annoying MC, dumb party members, and power of friendship crap in one game.
>>
>>323077524
Stop replying to this guy, anon. I can say almost for sure that he's just baiting people and if not, he types like a moron anyway.
>>
>>323077524
Well even if it has tons of cliches there was plenty of good stuff in between it all so it was never heavy on it. Yeah i remember the high school and cooking stuff but that was just a portion of all the scheming, battles, betrayals, deaths, that filled up everything else.

>>323077720
Sorry, youre another autistic a kid instead of the cool guy i've been talking to. Back to pirating your garbage big guy, gotta impress mom somehow anime warrior

>>323078031
Yeah because theyre all the same shit.

>kid starts in class
>girl looks at him for 2 seconds
>blah blah for 20 episodes
>last 3 episodes they get together
>a kiss is the highlight memorable scene of the series

Slice of life is irredeemable garbage, same with romance
>>
>>323078103

On more reason to hire some nobodies and leave dual audio
>implying normies that don't care about dual audio care about shitty VA's
>>
>>323078103
Another retarded who thinks that vidya voice actors are some sort of super celebrities who needs a huge pay.
>>
>>323078354
Have you seen Oregairu? It's a deconstruction of generic romance/slice of life shit. It's really good.
>>
>>323078278
Tales has nothing to do with Persona. The only thing that the two of them share is an anime artstyle.
>>
File: 1.png (627 KB, 782x590) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.png
627 KB, 782x590
>>323077826
>Hating on Laura Bailey
>>323078103
>implying that Atlus was big before Persona 4
>>
>>323074110
Yu has a canon name and personality
MC doesn't
Check mate
>>
>>323076358
>>will need to get a PS4 for this game
You never got a PS3?
>>
>>323078354
Problem with romance in anime(and most vidya) is that it's always teen shit. Best romance in a manga/anime I have ever read is the romance between Guts and Casca in Berserk because it feels like grown up(real) love, not shitty teenage "he's so cute!!! Does he love me or not?!?!" garbage.
>>
>>323040642
Just import it
The PS4 isn't region locked
>>
>>323078354
>keikaku, fights, and dying are what make an anime great
Have I got a good animu for you. It has all sorts of plans and schemes, and all sorts of crazy twists and turns. The fights are huge, the setting is so large and mindblowing that it can barely be depicted correctly, and you never know if a character is set up to die only a chapter later It's BLEACH..
>>
>>323078630
even if it wasn't broken, I'd want the game on PS4
>>
>>323078578
Did you forget the movies m8?
>>
>>323074983
>P3P has the most content
Wrong
>>
>>323078763
They are as canon as the stage plays
Which means not canon
>>
>>323078787
I guess if you consider the FeMC SLs more content than The Answer.
>>
>>323078354
Aria, Haibane Renmei, Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou, Sora no Woto and Usagi drop are one of the few Slice of life anime listed on the chart and none of them have what you described. Not even Haruhi, which was copied many times by other highschool anime, has what you listen in your epic greentexts.

Again, you don't know shit.
>>
>>323044427
Can I kill Yu?
>>
>>323078968
what you listed*
>>
>>323034059
No dual audio no buy
I mean just look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZvsuY2DdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl72TTbiR7s

Atlus usa is trash
>>
>>323078763
>watched the first 2 movies
>he is bland as shit
I guess I was right when I complained about MC being bland as fuck.
>>
>>323074280
FES definetely
P3P is a butchered port riddled with glitches and shitty narrative, it's the worst way to start P3
>>
>>323078570
DDS had Crispin Freeman and Steve Blum. That was before Persona 3.

Now we get Erin Fitzgerald and Ashly Burch.
>>
>>323078763
Don't be stupid
>>
>>323078669
This is what I'm talking about. It's so fucking obvious that this poster watched less than 30 anime in his whole life and yet, he feels like he has the knowledge to talk about it.

Like I said above, it's like watching some kid who just played AAA games like CoD, Uncharted and GTA talking about how vidya is shit and only has uninspired games.
>>
>>323044220
They steal shit, that's enough
They're about as hardcore as Robin Hood
>>
>>323079332
Yeah, on a spin off game on the Vita, a console they know wont sell a lot of copies
>>
>>323078501
>Oregairu?

Nope but i just looked it up on myanimelist. I like the premise and the sound of this hachiman guy. Might give it a download

>>323078669
Yeah thats what i mean. Im glad you get it. One of the reasons I love the beserk manga is because the romance feels mature instead of shitty high school shenangin rehashes that anyone can predict.

>>323078742
I used to watch bleach on tv actually but never really got into it. Naruto, bleach, one piece with all those hundreds of episodes or chapters, just too daunting to jump into on a bored afternoon for me personally. Plus fans from those look like inbred retards

>>323078968
I havent heard of half of those but

>azumanga
>nichijou
>sora no wotoshi

Holy fuck, god no that shit is unbearable. I gave each of those 5 episodes each since they exploded in popularity here and they were absolute trite. More otaku shovelware tier trash anime that I keep mentioning
>>
>>323077421
Better go and ask out a girl then?
>>
File: 1413094052747.png (62 KB, 622x626) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413094052747.png
62 KB, 622x626
>>323077191
Code Geass has more slice of life than half of the things on that chart anon.
>>
>>323043227
Have him be voiced by Sean Chiplock so a real stalker can voice a fictional one.
>>
>>323078669
The romance in Berserk is teen romance as fuck.
It's pretty much exactly the kind of stuff you will find in CW shows and things like Teen Wolf and Vampire Dairies.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (12 KB, 512x288) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images (5).jpg
12 KB, 512x288
>>>/a/
>>
>>323043973
I actually wouldn't mind if Ali Hillis voiced her.
>>
File: 1347307044354.gif (415 KB, 499x246) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1347307044354.gif
415 KB, 499x246
>>323077758
>What would actually be improvements to the series?
I would like if they expanded on the simulation aspects. I know a lot of people think the dating sim aspect is a joke, but I think it's part of what makes Persona games stand out.
I hope they add more options and things to do out of combat. I would be overjoyed if they expanded on the the strategic elements of social links, or whatever the new mechanic is called. Making your social stats matter more, making your choices on things like what club or part-time job you choose having an actual gameplay effect, making getting a girlfriend be more complicated than just maxing their social link, having your activities in the sim have an impact on your stats in combat, making social links interact more with each mother (like two links that go work against each other, work too much on one and the other goes down ex.) etc.
>>
>>323080182
No its fucking not, its well developed
>>
File: 1350278886064.gif (98 KB, 714x249) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1350278886064.gif
98 KB, 714x249
>>323079645
>I love the beserk manga is because the romance feels mature

>Berserk
>Mature
Pick one
>>
>>323080940
I agree. Really, the combat and dungeon crawling is already straightforward enough. I like that they would be changing the dungeons up for P5, but I'm more interested in the changes to the SL system.
>>
>>323081243
Berserk has it all. Edge, comedy, romance, action, scary themes, lore

Theres a lot of shitty memes populated on this site but berserk being a good series is not one of them
>>
>>323060680
>Anon talking out of their ass about VAs
>>
>>323078354
>so it was never heavy on it
Everything from the mecha designs to the cinematography itself is heavily lifted from other anime and manga.
There are even 1:1 shots with other works.

It's what they like to call fanservice. You know actual fanservice and not just eroticism. Though there is plenty of eroticism too.
This is the type of stuff that the likes of /m/ as well as most of /a/ knows like the back of their hands. It's made to appeal to them and it's front loaded as fuck.

That's like saying there are no cliches in something like Star Trek or whatever just because you don't know anything about Sci-Fi and just can't tell.
>>
>>323079105
>dual audio
What's this? I don't get it.
>>
File: 1452008870177.jpg (59 KB, 482x666) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452008870177.jpg
59 KB, 482x666
>>323050068
You can enjoy stuff in other languages through the use of subtitles just fine.
>>
>>323081125
Well sure, compared to Twillight or something.
You can say a lot about Berserk, but it's not really a pinnacle of writing.

>>323081434
I wouldn't say Berserk is bad, but you can't really escape the fact that isn't a grimdark powerfantasy and not much more. It's good at what it does, but there's no reason to put it on a fucking pedestal.
>>
They better deliver it this time.
>>
>>323081691
I like the nightmarish/hellish themes in it, the ultra violence, guts, and the characters alright man? Its not going to top shakespeare but its still a damn entertaining read
>>
>>323081691
The romance in Twilight sucks. But it still has multi-layered romance that is developed over the course of the novels.
>>
>>323046924
this song sucks
>>
File: 1396631067708.png (179 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396631067708.png
179 KB, 640x480
I actually can't wait to find out which English VA's they're getting.
>>
>>323081865
Some anon is spouting off about how Berserk shits all over generic HS romance because it has better romance. If you like it for the aspects that Berserk is known for, that's one thing. If you think that Berserk has a better love story than CCS or the like, then you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>323081865
>Its not going to top shakespeare but its still a damn entertaining read
Right, that's the point I was trying to make.
>>
>>323080182
No it's not, you are objectively wrong about this. The biggest difference between the romance in berserk and teen shit is that it's spiritual, not physical. You never see Casca walk around thinking about how cute Guts is and that she's too embarrassed to talk with him. Instead she has to come to terms with her identity she has set up for herself and that she is capable of change. She realizes that she still loves Griffith but the love she feels for Guts is another kind of love. There's also mature themes of how love is not all about taking but giving aswell, perfectly demonstrated by how Casca accept Guts for his faults and is willing to be there for him and help him through his traumatic childhood experiences. It's all well developed and feels fitting for two adults. And then I haven't even mentioned Guts inner battle of following his own desire to fight Griffith or sacrifice his own desires for Casca by protecting her and (hopefully) cure her.

Also, name one teen romance anime/manga with a line like this:
>I do not know what the future will bring, all I know is that I want to keep holding you and make love to you hundreds... no, thousand times more.
>>
>>323081691
Berserk is one of the most well written manga out there, it's not just some edgy anti-hero with a big sword that kills demons, it's got a lot of mature themes. The Golden Age arc and the one with the children and the elves have pretty amazing writing compared to other works in the medium. It's not some shakesperian masterpiece but as far as comics and manga go, it's a pretty fucking good read and full of good writing.
>>
>>323082892
>Also, name one teen romance anime/manga with a line like this:
Here.
http://www.nutaku.net/games/osawari-island/
This porn game for basement dwellers has plenty of lines like that.
>>
>>323082754
>Cardcaptor Sakura
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>323083665
>I've never watched CCS, I just know it has a girl for a main character a hurf hurf hurf hurf
>>
>>323083443
>Berserk is one of the most well written manga out there
Read more manga anon. There's a lot of amazing series out there.
>>
English VA are good

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=38sK6YksbnU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJiZyGyUvY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gc86xmLLPms

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-cpbRn1AfE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0lCYH6OI-Fs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E-rYgoJF0v4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2FRiTdumJU
>>
>>323083443
Look, I like Berserk quite a bit, but lets not get crazy here. Berserk doesn't hold a candle to stuff like Goodnight Pun-Pun, Bokurano or even Vinland Saga, in my opinion at least.
>>
>>323083897
To anon's credit, the translations for Berserk are usually much better written than most scanlations, regardless of how good the source material is. Beautifully written Japanese doesn't matter if it's mangled into awful English.
>>
File: 23.jpg (46 KB, 450x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
23.jpg
46 KB, 450x450
>>323084082
>English VA are good
>>
>>323084369
Epic meme
>>
>>323084369
nice meme friend
go back to >>>/a/
>>
>>323084082
>Johnny Yong Bosch

>Good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JzQbEyOb0
>>
>>323084361
Another good point.
>>
>>323084237
>goodnight punpun
>haha hey guys we heard you like punpun a lot and wonder what his problem is, ready to know more?
>nah nvm lol, heres 25 chapters of another character and you might see punpun and it might connect to him too even if i i feel like
>oh and wait, here take this crazy deluded guy who says the universe is ending and completely fall flat on the climax of his purpose by just making him start a fire lol thatll be good

punpun was painfully average
>>
>>323084778
>guy sounds mad in gook
>haha this is perfect! i am a japanse culture expert! he got mad really cool!

>guy sounds mad in english
>haha what the fuck? he completely missed the point. god this is fucking shit, *snickers* pst, those english fucking newfags are missing out on this premium content and voice acting *tips fedora and grabs handful of goldfish*
>>
>>323085191
>trying to defend that shitty voice acting
lmao
>>
>>323085436
What he said >>323084690
>>
I have no problem with people enjoying dubs, but if you do, atleast be honest and admit that you are an americanized retard that can't enjoy anything except if it's in english.
>>
>Americans defending shitty dubs

What a surprise..
>>
>>323085838
I like both some anime i like better in English some in Japanese fuck off with that shit
>>
>>323086169
This >>323084690 desu
>>
>>323084082
Anyone with any familiarity with English voice over beyond localizations should say otherwise. The problem, most of the time, lies with the localization companies themselves and with how the English VO industry is so much more segregated. Take a look at something like Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold's English version. Its voice production of plagued with issues, most of which are the fault of or that at least could be mitigated by Atlus or the VO director. Some of the worst performances come from actors who are otherwise good performers, and in some cases, it's clear that the production team didn't give enough shit to redo what were obviously horrific line takes. Then you have issues of blatant miscasting and cases of the director (Patrick Seitz) even voicing characters himself, leaving the direction to who I can only assume are Atlus or recording employees.

Everything's done on a budget. The game was recorded at one of the more economical studios for game recordings in the LA area (Cup of Tea), and the game was clearly stuck with nonunion/ficore actors.

That issue wasn't really present with the Japanese version, because if nothing else, the industry doesn't segregate its talent pool for games. You can easily get heavy-hitters for Compile Heart games, but you could never do the same for a niche localization company. The production pipelines just aren't in place to promote great talents, unless they're actors who are just moving through the nonunion phase for more prestigious work. None of this is to say that dubs (including Untold 2) can't or haven't had great performances, but the industry infrastructure is so fucked that it's all despite itself. There's a reason why dubbing is considered bottom-of-the-barrel work for getting your foot in the door.

Then you have cases of Atlus USA employees defending their dubs (at the expense of dual audio), not based on their quality, but on the effort put in. It's so fucking tone deaf to their fanbase.
>>
File: 5555555.jpg (92 KB, 878x814) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5555555.jpg
92 KB, 878x814
I'd rather hear shitty english voices than have my ears raped by high pitched kawaii desu uguu jap voices.
>>
>>323086626
Atlus USA doesn't put dual audio in their games because of the licensing fees. They're cheap, that's all.

The posts defending dubs and saying "dubs are worthy of your respect" is just them trying to dance around the issue instead of admitting it's a money issue.
>>
>>323087142
>no (55 KB, 555x555)
>>
>>323077758
I'd really like to see the dungeon crawling be a little more involved. Instead of 'Find the stairs for X floors, get checkpoint, kill boss, repeat'.

Maybe make them a little more zelda-esque, at least SOME player involvement with the stages. It would be a good opportunity for the bosses to be more thematic to match those suddenly-more-memorable stages and not just be 'X mob from 10 floors ago, but way bigger and a slightly different shade of blue'.

I want to love Persona games, but they've become so fucking bland and the story is hardly keeping up with the dungeon slog.
>>
>>323087178
I know that. I'm saying that most of the dissatisfaction, whether it's from no dual audio or from lackluster dub performances, stems from either lack of funds or competency, to a much starker degree than you'll find in most Japanese productions or in other English VO genres. Atlus USA just happens to exemplify that, especially lately.

Though that's also not to mention that Atlus' PR hasn't done the best job of dancing around that issue or of defending its practices without throwing portions of its fanbase under the bus.
>>
>>323087548
God no this is a terrible idea

The dungeons are visually exciting in p4 and there are no stupid trial and error bullshit you have to look up online or spend an hour on repeating stupid shit until you randomly do the right action to get ahead. All p5 needs to do is copy p4 dungeons, make them less static, better detailed etc and thats it, they were perfect there
>>
>>323087963
P4's dungeons were FFXIII tier corridors.
>>
>>323087963
But they're functionally boring, and aside from one of the 3rd stratum puzzles that just didn't translate well, Q's dungeons showed that they can be good ways of breaking up the monotony.
>>
File: 55555.gif (555 KB, 555x555) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
55555.gif
555 KB, 555x555
I can't wait for based Atlus USA to BTFO all these weebs.
>>
>>323087963
I can't believe people are actually content with FIND STAIRS

There's so much world to build on, there's no excuse for 95% of the player interest to be in the meta. If they just presented their content better to bridge the divide between crawlan and the rest of the game, it could come off a million times more entertaining.
>>
>>323088329
>I actively campaign for less choices and content in the products I purchase
>>
>>323088397
Judging by the content and writing style in that guy's post, he's the same guy who made a post last night saying that Nocturne, Strange Journey and Digital Devil Saga were all horrible games with bullshit trial and error dungeons and artificial difficulty and that Persona was so much better designed.
>>
They already confirmed more linear (read: actually designed) dungeons with the heists, so why are people still crying?
>>
>>323088546
Blows my mind. It's like arguing that you'd rather count a deck of cards repeatedly than play solitaire with them.

This is some next-level bait.
>>
>>323088585
Because they also already confirmed randomly generated content, and we still have to see the actual extent of both components.
>>
File: 1400692064453.png (104 KB, 250x227) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400692064453.png
104 KB, 250x227
>mfw weebs will NEVER EVER get dual audio in a Persona game
feels good
>>
>>323088413
Oh, don't mistake me, I don't purchase them. I just like watching you sad little NEETs squirm.
>>
>>323089373
>Spends his time shitposting on a hebrew car repair forum
>Thinks he is superior to anyone
>>