[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite Harvest Moon game of all time? RF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: Harvest_Moon-_FoMT.jpg (138KB, 495x496px) Image search: [Google]
Harvest_Moon-_FoMT.jpg
138KB, 495x496px
What is your favorite Harvest Moon game of all time?

RF games are welcome
>>
AWL definitely. FoMT is great, too. AWL fucked with my emotions as a kid.
>>
HI GUYS!

WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS THREAD?
>>
>>323018201
All the new Harvest moon games look shit. The last decent HM I played was MM
>>
File: image.png (116KB, 256x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116KB, 256x177px
>>323018704
Story of Seasons is bretty gud

Anyhoo, here is my nostalgia trip. Never have I grinded more in any game than showing Karen my dog.
>>
How is Hero of Leaf valley? thought about getting it to play on my vita
>>
Back to Nature

I don't know what it was about that particular game, and it may be a mix of nostalgia and its place in my life, but I remember spending many enjoyable hours just with that farm.
>>
>>323016185
You already posted it. I think they should cut back on cutesy and magical shit and go back to basics of just being a farmer dude on a farm in a rural town. Preferably with minimal HUD and a graphics style that's comfy, not retarded.

Not that they will, because obviously newer games must sell better with casuals.
>>
I've never played one of these games before but my 3ds needs games, worth a pirate?
>>
>>323019815
They had a good farming system going on in games like fomt, AWL, and even RF 3-4. After that it seems like it went backwards, and I lost interest in most of the characters too

>>323019937
I don't really like any of the 3ds Harvest moon games. Can you pirate GBA games on the 3ds? If so, I'd start with FOMT
>>
>>323016185

Harvest Moon 64

I played that new one on the 3DS couldn't get into it.
>>
>>323019815
>Preferably with minimal HUD and a graphics style that's comfy, not retarded.

What is maximum "comfy" artstyle. I need to know for practical reasons. Please provide examples.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
I prefer Rune Factory to Harvest Moon, partly because the combat gives a bit more variety, partly because I always felt bad for going after one of the girls knowing there's an NPC after them too.
>>
Story of Seasons.

It is Harvest Moon but objectively better in every way. Before that it probably would have been FoMT.
>>
File: Ch_Maria_(Harvest_Moon-_64).jpg (10KB, 99x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ch_Maria_(Harvest_Moon-_64).jpg
10KB, 99x200px
>>323019106
64 is my favorite as well, mineral town and back to nature are great too. Save the homeland is dogshit and I have yet to meet anyone who disagrees.
>>
The only one I liked was Back to Nature, PS1. Really good.
>>
File: waifu.jpg (16KB, 242x372px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
16KB, 242x372px
Friends of Mineral Town obviously.
Post your waifu
>>
>>323021447
One that strikes a good balance between fantastical elements and realistic elements, I guess. FOMT or BTN are very grounded but feature some minimal amounts of hidden stuff like Kappa or the Harvest Goddess.

That's one thing, another lies in the artstyle. I like being able to relate to a given setting so making a town that looks like it was designed by Disney and cramming stupid anime shit everywhere just takes you away.

I blame Rune Factory for what happened to Harvest Moon. Although to be fair, Frontier's designs are amazing.
>>
>>323021798
Back to nature and FoMT are the same games senpai
>>
>>323018201
>Ask that blue piece of shit to water your crops
>4 crops of 45 watered
>>
>>323021848
>That's one thing, another lies in the artstyle. I like being able to relate to a given setting so making a town that looks like it was designed by Disney and cramming stupid anime shit everywhere just takes you away.

I'm trying to develop a game by I'm having trouble choosing a visual style. Mainly deciding on deciding how low poly for character and location models I will go.

Any thoughts for maximum comfy? Specifically for character and art design. It will be first person.
>>
>>323022069
>Any thoughts for maximum comfy?
Look at Spice and Wolf.
>>
>>323022149
>Look at Spice and Wolf.

It has the dark, saturated colours mixed with brights that I wanted to use but I'm not going to use a direct anime style for character models. It never looks quite right. I'm thinking something more chibi and rounded, but can't decide on proportions, or polygon count in models. Or if I will go with plainer textures or more detailed ones.
>>
File: 1428372955953.jpg (28KB, 209x228px) Image search: [Google]
1428372955953.jpg
28KB, 209x228px
>>323022375
I'm retarded and haven't even briefly studied visual compositions or anything to do with graphics really so I can only point out what I found comfy.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Gothic 2's forests.
>>
I like Frontier setting and characters. It also has Rosettta, best waifu in my opinion since I like plain tsundere girl.

Although, 4 is the best. I can't go back to old games beside 3 cause the gameplay always get better with each sequel.
>>
File: 1406415860449.jpg (38KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1406415860449.jpg
38KB, 500x378px
>harvest moon is dead
>>
File: 2015-06-08-Harvest-Loon[1].jpg (257KB, 900x586px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-08-Harvest-Loon[1].jpg
257KB, 900x586px
>>323022613
Just the name, anon.
Just the name.
>>
>>323016185
harvest moon ds is the only one i've been able to get really into
>>
File: hm64.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hm64.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
I really loved HM64 because it had so many mysterious events. They were really easy to miss and if you didn't do them at the time you'd never have another chance. And all the strange items that you can find that don't have any explination.
The atmosphere is really nice too. The characters look like clay figures and I think that's really charming. All the music is pretty good and really captures the spirit of the occasion.
And I haven't played a lot of the newer games but I think it's pretty well balanced compared to what I have played. The days don't feel too short or too long, there's almost always something to do, you have plenty of things to spend money on, and nothing feels like an outright gimmick.
>>
DS
>>
>>323023934
I want to agree, but those glitches and fanfic tier dialogue turn me the fuck off
>>
Back to Nature

Not sure why but it has the most charm for me. I love it loading screens and all. Wasn't even NY first HM, I had thoroughly played N64 and SNES ones before BTN. For hype for gamecube and ps2 ones and I just hated them. I usually just end up replaying BTN every few years.
>>
>>323021836
This is the only right choice
>>
>>323023934
Way to melancholy for me. It also felt really claustrophobic since there was nowhere to go
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.