[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck!? How did anyone ever figure this out? I was stuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 134202.png (234KB, 250x218px) Image search: [Google]
134202.png
234KB, 250x218px
What the fuck!? How did anyone ever figure this out? I was stuck for four hours before I read this is what you have to do.
>>
Yeah, it needed a flashing arrow showing you where to go.
>>
>>323002471
Isn't one of the other pipes broken?
>>
>>323003127
So?
>>
>>323003343

One pipe is broken immediately after you find super bombs. It took me about 5 minutes to figure it out when I was 11. Perhaps you should stop being bad at things and expecting hand-holding.
>>
>>323003513
So you see a broken building in a game and just assume every building is destructible?
>>
>>323003343
>what is inference
>>
>>323002471
Isn't there another entrance into Maridia, anyway?
>>
>Figured out Hadoken motion as a kid
>People complain it's not easy to understand now

>Figured this shit out as a kid
>People complain about how it isn't obvious and in their face now

What went wrong?
>>
I hope people realize that if you were too stupid to figure this out, you can get into Maridia another way entirely.
>>
I remember being stuck in Onett for the whole weekend (rip my weekend rental game) as a kid not knowing that you have to say NO to the skate punk in the arcade when asked if you want to be a member.
>>
Who has those Miiverse screenshots of people not knowing how to play Super Metroid?
>>
It's in the starting screen if you don't play the game.
>>
>>323003892
Games became mainstream and socially acceptable

When they were viewed as being for autistic nerds and manchildren, they were made for autistic nerds and manchildren. Now that everyone and their mother is "XD such a dork" they're made for the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>323003127

IIRC, the only other pipe I can think of that is already busted beforehand, that is similar in design to this pipe, is in Maridia already.

If there is another one that I can't recall, fine. But the other one I know of that is already busted, is in Maridia.
>>
File: Mike_and_classroom.png (836KB, 1412x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Mike_and_classroom.png
836KB, 1412x1070px
>Using the Power Bomb on the outside has no effect

This pissed me off, it's a fucking bomb it should work.
>>
>>323004147
Something something path of least resistance.
>>
>>323004109
They were always made for the lowest common denominator nostalgic fag
>>
>>323002471
Y cant metroid crawl?
>>
>>323004147
It makes sense. The energy from the bomb is going to be more volatile inside of the tube, because there's less room for it to escape. When a bomb is detonated in the water, the energy escapes in every direction. So the amount that actually affects the tube is much less.

Also, the bomb was only able to crack the tube. The tube broke, because the water was putting pressure on it. With it's weakened integrity, the glass collapsed under the pressure.

So if you consider the difference in power from an inside blast to an outside blast, the blast from the outside probably wouldn't even cause the tube to crack. Thus, it never breaks.
>>
>>323004115
you recall wrong, you come across another pipe like this in brinstar i believe. although the area is technically maridia.

regardless of that though, breaking the pipe is entirely optional.
>>
>>323004949

Where? I'd honestly like to know.
>>
>>323004869
ScienceAnon saves the day, thanks man! :)
>>
File: Reactionary Image Number 2.jpg (57KB, 350x470px) Image search: [Google]
Reactionary Image Number 2.jpg
57KB, 350x470px
>>323004245
Yeah, games shouldn't be made for fun! They should be made for elitists who are the only one's who will divine solutions from the ether. What the fuck is wrong with these losers who think that major franchises with beloved characters should be welcoming and fun?!
>>
File: 1422522931655.png (281KB, 380x400px) Image search: [Google]
1422522931655.png
281KB, 380x400px
>>323006003
You are the "wider audience".
>>
>>323004092
This. That shit is full of tips.
>>
>>323006562
And you will always be a virgin and never have any friends.
>>
The main hint is actually the mini map. IIRC it implies heavily that there's a way to go down, so you end up standing in that tube wondering why you can't. From there if you're stubborn enough you'll figure it out.
>>
>>323003667

Experimentation. That's how find out if it is or isn't destructible.
>>
>>323006710

But at least i'll be competent and figure out how to problem solve the most basic of shit.
>>
Don't you get some footage of the thing being blown up on the demo mode if you wait on the title long enough, or am I imagining things?

Either way, if you look at the map you can see there are paths up and down, suggesting there's a way out of the tube. It's definitely one of the less obvious parts of the game but it doesn't seem too crazy.
>>
>>323002471
>This thread again
It's in the manual.
>>
>>323006926
the demo does show that. It's how I figured out many things as a kid.
>>
>>323002471
I figured this shit out before I was in grade fucking two and loaned my copy to a friend who moved away and never returned it anon. Jesus christ you're a retard.
>>
>>323006926
You get a lot of things in demo footage, but I don't think this was one of em.

That said, it was in literally every fucking commercial because of course you'd show something that cool in order to sell it.
>>
>>323003949
What was the other way into maridia? I'm not familiar with it.
>>
>>323007178
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbsqOZz1aFM
>>
>run outta ways to go
>only room with open paths is in tube room
> use visor
> tube disappears under scan
> missile? Nope
> super missile? nope
>bomb? Nope
> power bomb? Yepper
>>
>>323002471
The mini-map makes it clear that you can go up and down in that chamber. Clearly that's not possible with the tube in the way, and you've already seen a similar tube that has been destroyed, so there must be a way to destroy it. You use weapons throughout the game to destroy obstacles to open new paths, so you do exactly that.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.