[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought DA:Origins Ultimate edition a while ago but never played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Dragon-Age-Origin-Free-2.jpg (325KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Age-Origin-Free-2.jpg
325KB, 1920x1200px
Bought DA:Origins Ultimate edition a while ago but never played it. Now I have a couple weeks of nothing before I return to university, so I figure it might be a good time to get into this.

I don't usually make those "hurr just bought x game, what am I in for?" threads, but I'm really anal about not wanting to fuck up my characters in lengthy RPGs.

What classes/builds are fun and effective? Any general gameplay tips?
>>
Just play the game faggot.
>>
>>322977649

Never use Sten. He's never the effective DPSer/tank the game is clearly trying to make you think he is.

Also his personal quests are unrewarding considering what a pain in the ass it is to build up his respect. Also he's generally boring.
>>
>>322977649
The answer is mage. The most effective party composition is also mage, mage, mage, tank. If the game allowed you to have a 4th mage, you can imagine what that last slot would be instead. You can expect battles to open with your mages killing their mages, followed by the rest of their party.
>>
>>322978008
I agree, I didn't like Sten all the times you were forced to talk to him so I never took him on. But yeah OP, just play the game on normal and you should be good. The fact you're worried enough to start a thread probably means you got this. It's those people who didn't think at all that get into trouble.
>>
>>322977649
How do I make the combat less fucking boring as shit?
>>
>>322978704

Play a game not made by Bioware
>>
>>322978704

Play Rogue, abuse the shit out of XP glitches before the battle of Ostagar, max out your level/stats, unequip weapons and punch everything to death.
>>
You want to have that old witch in your party, or build morrigan as healer. you will want heals. Leliana is a shit but the gay elf is shitter. in the end only the mages are worth anything
>>
>>322977649
Good Lord I don't remember the game looking that bad
>>
I remember when I downloaded this game for the first time.

shit it was a good play.
>>
Mage.

Go Blood Mage, then either Spirit Healer or Arcane Warrior. Just don't go Shapeshifter, it's ass.
>>
IMO, the combat is boring as shit. Only mage is fun or interesting.
>>
Make yourself a favor and do not play any dlc. I got sick after entenring the same dungeon for the 5th time just with the walls being a different color.
>>
>>322978116
It's surprising how many games can be broken with that combo. Just out dps the FUCK out of everything, and have a good spread of the utility spells and it's even easier. That's why I like Underrail, and why I went lone wanderer in Fallout 4, the fact you're alone imposes an extra dimension of difficulty that if you can overcome you'd become godly. Also, when there are moments when you have allies you end up weaving past them wrecking every single enemy.
>>
Post some Dragon Age music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utZZpP73eZg
>>
>>322979225
arcane warrior. gotta kill everything and still be a tank with heavy armor.
>>
>>322977649
>>>/tumblr/
>>
friendly fire made mage actually challenging to play, wish more games did it.
>>
>>322979225
Arcane Warrior if you want absolute easymode, they are pretty much indestructible.
>>
the most fun I had with the game was playing as a rogue. actually having to move you character to avoid getting target and having to stay on the back of the enemies was way better than spamming blizzards as wizzard.
>>
>>322978704
use the dog, 2 rogues, a melee one and a bow one, and some tank with heals

don't get shale, don't get the DLC armor/weapons, those make everything ez modo
>>
>>322979419
Here's your reply
>>
>>322979351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VodFeTrKeC4
>>
Mage is the best class build.
Go blood mage.
>>
>>322979547
I was a rogue too, and had boots to lower enemies desire to target me, and I think I had abilities to reduce that as well, but everyone always just went after me. I even had the "tank" spamming moves and abilities to aggro everyone and nothing happened.
>>
>>322977649
jesus christ those graphics look horrible
>>
>>322979434
Not really. Mage's strength was never in AoE. The game is ruled by CC, and mages have all of it. Out of the gate, they can lock down 2 enemies completely with forcefield and crushing prison, normally the enemy mages. Then melee rush in and eat cone of cold, and stone fist instant-kills a 3rd enemy. Occasionally battles last longer than this, at which point mages have a get out of jail free card with an AoE stun that has no friendly fire. Then you can bother casting actual spells. Also multiply that sequence by every mage on your party.
>>
Always have Wynne
Her mass heals are helpful as fuck, especially vs mobs and bosses like Broodmother
Wynne baby Wynne
>>
What you do is get the Dog as 5th slot party member mod.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>322977649
I'll leave the gameplay to you. You should play how you want. Plot choices are all pretty gray too, which is neato. Except for one instance, which I will warn you of: Hardening Alistair.

There will be a scene where Alistair wants to find his family. After you do (pic related), you can either

1. Tell him chin up buttercup the world's not so bad

2. Tell him tough shit the world isn't all sunshine and roses.

If you go route 1, he will remain a moral and principled man, and will refuse certain end game paths. This forces you to choose between him and certain world changing pivotal end game decisions.

If you take option 2 he can join you in a three way.
>>
>>322982257
So what you're saying is, pick option 2?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.