[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Ocean: Second Story/Second Evolution is one of my favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: so2-2.jpg (56KB, 600x362px) Image search: [Google]
so2-2.jpg
56KB, 600x362px
Star Ocean: Second Story/Second Evolution is one of my favorite JRPGs, but God damn does it start off slow. It takes a good half hour of non-stop pressing the X-button before you even get to some actual combat, and then another half hour before you get any freedom.

But man once the world and battle system opens up it's so damn good.
>>
Star Oceans 3 & 4 have, in my opinion, the best 3D combat system in modern RPG games. Battles are so fucking fun and fast-paced while still allowing party-based controls and menus.

5 is coming out this year and it looks promising. Here's hoping they bring back some of the old charm with the private actions and stuff.
>>
Also,

Celine > Opera > Rena > Precis > Chisato.
>>
Been seeing a lot of Star Ocean threads in the past week.. Sadly most don't get past 40 replies

SO5 must have renewed interest. I'm thinking about playing through Second Evolution again. SO2 is my favorite jRPG
>>
>>322936672
Bowman > Ashton > Dias > Ernest > Leon > Claude > Noel
>>
Will Star Ocean 5 have dual audio? I don't want to have to listen to another Precis or Lymle
>>
>>322936672

Also, Celine + Leon. Ashton + Precis for full pedo ending.
>>
>>322937289
BANG BANG ATTACK
BLOOOOODYYYYY MARYYYYYYY

still were nowhere near as bad as 'Kay
>>
>>322937289

What are you talking about with Precis? Every battle is always

PEARS INTO PEACHES PEARS INTO PEACHES PEARS INTO PEACHES PEARS INTO PEACHES MIRROR SLICE PEARS INTO PEACHES PEARS INTO PEACHES MIRROR SLICE
>>
>>322937445
THERE'S MISTER ENEMY
>>
>>322937441
Ashton is only 4 years older than her.
>>
>>322937445
>still were nowhere near as bad as 'Kay

See, that's the thing. I'm sure in Japanese she was just saying something actually cute like "desu."
>>
>>322937441
My favorite ending pairs were

Chisato + Dias
Ernest + Bowman
Precis + Leon
>>
>>322937895

Huh, I could have sworn she was 14.

Well, looks like Ernest is gonna have a go at it next time I play through.
>>
>>322937642
fuuuuuck i forgot about that one. I actually used Precis a lot because Bang Bang Attack was the shit, especially once it was used enough to be upgraded. She'd keep stuff stunlocked for days

>>322938120
Idk, Lymle always struck me as having downs and autism combined, so she probably has something just as obnoxious. Did PS3 have dual audio? I only played on 360 but that would be a good way to check.
>>
How important was it to have someone who could heal in your party? I keep thinking I always ran with Claude, Precis and Ashton but I might be wrong.
>>
>>322939618
You had four party members. You just forgot about Rena. You monster.
>>
>>322939759

Holy shit, I really did.

I always thought it was 3 party members. God damn.
>>
>>322939006
I don't think 3 or 4 were cross-platform.
>>
>>322939925
To be fair, neither MC in 2 was at all memorable compared to the rest of the cast.
>>
>>322941039

Very true. Claude has daddy issues, Rena has mommy issues.

Ashton was a fucking plethora of fucked up, though. 2 dragons on his back, barrel fetish, lolicon... God damn.
>>
>>322941039
I dunno anon. Personality-wise they were pretty cookie cutter but some of the best scenes were focused on them, like Claude leaving his transmitter on the beacon at Eluria Tower, Rena recognizing the forest when they first arrive on Energy Nede and explaining to everyone where they are, Claude watching the Cygnus get destroyed by the Ten Wise Men, and of course Claude "comforting" Rena under the big tree by the laboratory ruins. Which I always took to be some nice implied sex.
>>
>>322942294

I wish my dick could comfort a girl. They tend to seem very anxious when I show them, though.
>>
>Tfw try out First Departure because I love Phantasia and heard that they are made by the same people
>Absolutely hate the battle system

How do I block? How do I switch targets? Why do my party members keep committing suicide in battle? How can I even bring my sword to my enemy, they all hit faster and have a wider attack range.
>>
>>322944645

>How do I block?

Get a skill called 'Guard' and put points into it.

>How do I switch targets?

Go into the settings menu and select 'semi-auto' targeting mode.

>Why do my party members keep committing suicide in battle?

You may be heading through an area that is too high for your level? You could also try changing their tactics.

>How can I even bring my sword to my enemy, they all hit faster and have a wider attack range.

Techniques/Skill arts if you're really having that big an issue, but I imagine it's overleveled enemies still. You should expect to get hit once in a while.
>>
>>322945435
Thanks, this game is really very different.
>>
>>322942294
Oh i know plot wise they had some great stuff, just, as characters, they were very plain, so i could easily understand simply forgetting one of them, claude's less likely since hes likely the one the player will use a majority of the game and is overall fairly good.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.