[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeworld Deserts of Kharak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: -AzfHFzFUsre.878x0.Z-Z96KYq[1].jpg (75KB, 878x494px) Image search: [Google]
-AzfHFzFUsre.878x0.Z-Z96KYq[1].jpg
75KB, 878x494px
WE DUNE NOW

Anyone else hype? Coming out this month. I didn't even know it was so soon. Stumbled on it when it was called shipbreakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7beE0NgnmU

Yes, I'm a shill.
>>
Ah, shipbreakers.

At least gearbox was nice enough to give them the name and IP rights.
>>
>>322923953
lets make this a general RTS thread

anyone got the last AoE2 expansion, how is it?
>>
>>322924739
Let's not.

I guess this this means a proper Homeworld 3 is probably at least a year in the making
>>
>>322925549
>proper

Unless Blackbird Interactive is making it, I dont have much faith. Would much rather let it lie in the RTS graveyard than see it done by Gearbox.
>>
>>322925954
We don't even know of they have the chops to do anything good yet

Shipbreakers was initially going to be a free to play facebook MMO I have to remind
>>
>>322926180
"Blackbird Interactive is a game development company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. The company was founded by ex-members of Relic Entertainment, including key personnel who worked on Homeworld and Homeworld 2. Blackbird Interactive are currently working on Homeworld: Shipbreakers for Gearbox Software and providing technical assistance for their HD re-releases of the original games."
http://homeworld.wikia.com/wiki/Blackbird_Interactive

I'll keep an open mind and approach this with careful optimism. I wonder it it'll have basebuilding or it'll just be Homeworld 2.5D: Ground Control Bloogaloo
>>
>>322926180
I guess we'll find out in a week.
>>
I think the game looks great and the setting is perfect. I'll carefully wait for release reviews before checking it out though, I was disappointed as fuck by the HW remaster.
>>
>Gearbox

Nah, fuck this. If I wanted to be submerged in unfunny shit and memes, I'd got to reddit.
>>
>>322926910
Disappointed how?
>>
>>322926465

>I wonder it it'll have basebuilding or it'll just be Homeworld 2.5D: Ground Control Bloogaloo

Trailer suggests it doesn't, and you're just controlling a landship carrier that builds your units - with missions/story structure patterned the same way as in the original Homeworlds. They are relying too much on the nostalgia factor to try changing the formula in any way.

>>322926567

Fuckin Unity. I still can't decide if that looks horribly bad in technical sense or decent for the budget they had to work with. It's like both at the same time.
>>
>Homeworld without spaceships
>2D RTS

Pass.
>>
Is Homeworld Remastered easy to run? I'm stuck with a shitty laptop for a month or two and really want to play it.
>>
>>322927030

You do know there's a difference between developers and publishers right?
>>
>>322926567
That fukcing awful artstyle. It's nothing like Homeworld - it's an uninspired attempt at mixing our current technology with colorful surfaces Homeworld was known for.
It's probably going to suck anyways - a failed attempt at a franchise cash grab from people who had nothing to offer the genre.
>>
>>322928643
you can say "fucking" here, we wont tell your mom.
>>
>>322923953
I'm more interested on when this big patch for homeworld remastered is coming since they only said they are working on one and it's nearly done but that was a long time ago and they ignore any requests for patch notes and what not.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.