[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking into account all events, past present and future rela

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: 1370975331360.png (202KB, 453x486px) Image search: [Google]
1370975331360.png
202KB, 453x486px
Taking into account all events, past present and future related to Nintendo, what is your opinion on Nintendo?

http://strawpoll.me/6464155
>>
shameless bump
>>
I ticked the "like" box because I still enjoy their output but it's apparent that the company is tearing at the seams.
They need to get their shit together by the end of 2016.
>>
>>322882580
A ton of games are coming out this year, and NX so they would get their shit together this year, in my opinion.
>>
I checked the Nintendrone option.
Help me
>>
Wow, I thought /v/ would pretend to be faggots and just check at what would make people mad.
>>
I'm a Nintendrone. Gaming is shit across the board, and none of the games I've fallen in love with from this decade are by Nintendo, but from the NES to the DS, it was a magical run MKWii was my favorite Mario Kart ever, but the console as a whole was way too bloated. Indie/B-game PC devs have been the ones to deliver lately, but there's so much garbage in there that I have no choice but to pine for the old Nintendo to save gaming.
>>
File: modern nintendo.jpg (26KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
modern nintendo.jpg
26KB, 500x336px
>Enforces Region Lock in 2016
>Delays game releases overseas so they can censor them or put meme references into them
>Sells underpowered console/handheld hardware for a premium price
>Never have sales for their first party games (Mario Kart DS is still fucking $35 at Gamestop/Walmart)
>Relies heavily on gimmicks to sell their products (3D, motion controls, touch screen, etc)
>Archaic understanding of how to run an online infrastructure (friend codes, no unified account system until recently, can't even cross game voice chat on Wii U or 3DS)
>Tried to run a monopoly on the gaming industry in the 90s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwd56K7rp7A)

Fuck Nintendo
>>
>>322883373
>>322882949

Nintendo will make video games great again
>>
File: 1443869020145.png (57KB, 227x226px) Image search: [Google]
1443869020145.png
57KB, 227x226px
Nintendo has done their thing, it's just painful seeing them grasping at straws. They just need to lie down and die a peaceful death.
nintendo has been shit for years now
>>
File: wii.png (154KB, 775x944px) Image search: [Google]
wii.png
154KB, 775x944px
>>322882292
I'm really disappointed in Nintendo. NX will be the first time I'm not hyped for an upcoming system from them.
>>
At this point? I'm not sure about Nintendo.
I've been a "Nintendrone" for a good chunk of my life, they've made my childhood, etc
And I can't hate them for that, but I've really stopped enjoying the games they put out.
The only reason I even have my 3DS still is because of third party(EO, future DQ games), and looking at them for the past year it's been kind of painful to watch. That E3 was pathetic. Their 2015 output was pathetic. Their 2016 lineup so far is pathetic. It's like graduating high school and afterwards watching one of your friends fuck their own life up, hurt themselves and hurt others, and gradually get worse and worse and harder to look at.

But that's just my opinion on them.
>>
>there are 20 people on /v/ RIGHT NOW who suck Nintendo's dick this hard
why.
>>
As much as I hate to say it I outgrew baby games a couple years ago. I used to love nintendo too which sucks but I just can't play their childish shit anymore. The fact that they haven't had a good console for me anyways since gamecube didn't help at all either
>>
File: best buds.jpg (8KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
best buds.jpg
8KB, 304x166px
Nintendo died with Yamuchi
>>
>>322883682
Nintendo died with Itoi not making Mother 4.
I hate him so bad but I love him
>>
>>322883608
The overwhelming majority of this board loves Nintendo, yet they won't admit this place is literally nintendogaf
>>
>>322883735
Mother is concluded, I'm just upset we still havent gotten localization of 3 and most likely never will
>>
>>322882292
I like Nintendo but these guys are really hit or miss and miss again. For every good thing there's two flops.
Still the good things still make me think it's worth liking them.
>>
>>322883827
At least we have """""""Mother 4"""""""", you can get it for free
>>
Why do people still like Nintendo? Outside of Pokemon, they haven't made good games at all.
>>
They still make good games but they are locked behind poor systems and stupid backward decisions.

At this point they should go third party unless the NX is incredible.

Imagine how much money they would make on other consoles with better hardware.
>>
File: nyeeh.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nyeeh.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>322882292
>what is your opinion on Nintendo?
>>
File: yes.png (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
32KB, 500x500px
>>322883827
Why do you want a version of Mother 3 with edited Magypsies and the Oxygen Supply Machines taken out?
Just play the fan-translation, it's professional quality and has features even the Japanese release doesn't have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I85TnoywWc0
>>
archaic company that still releases shitty kid games
>>
>>322883950
Even Pokemon is shit.
>>
>>322882292
I like Nintendo but my patience is running extremely thin with them.
>>
>>322882580
I wish their was an option of "I like their past/present games, but don't care for the company"
>>
they haven't made a good game in a year and their system are designed like garbage so they're pretty bad to me
>>
I like Nintendo.
One of the few companies that still make interesting games suited for children and promote playing with others.
>>
>b-but Nintendo is making shit games!!!
What is Paper Jam, Splatoon, XCX, Mario Maker, Smash, Fates?
>>
>>322884215
video games grew up anon, why cant Nintendo?
>>
>>322883395
This.

You know shit is bad when PS4/Xbone has no Region Protection but Wii U does.
>>
File: 1401925560201.gif (491KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
1401925560201.gif
491KB, 350x260px
>>322884023
>there's a fan translation
NANI????
>>
>>322884275
All shit games.
WOW, it's almost like opposing opinions exist. You're a literal fucking drone.
>>
>>322884275
>paper jam
shit
>splatoon
fresh, but barebones shit, sequel definitely has potential
>XCX
only good nintendo game of 2015
>mario maker
shit, no slopes, 60 dollars for something you could do for free for years
>FE Fates
Decent start to their 2016 catalog I guess but their are being incredibly jewish with how the game is handled also censored in the west no doubt
>>
>>322884292
why should they? the niche still exists and there isnt any other company really filling it.

why not accept that you outgrew the target audience of Nintendo anon and go on with your life?
>>
>>322884275
Every game there except for Smash flopped.

Even then, Melee is still better than Smash 4.
>>
>>322884292
More like you grew up and is angry that Nintendo doesn't target you in particular anymore.
Why? Back then, I loved nintendo. Today, I still love nintendo.

In the end, fun Nintendo games are still fun.

Also, technically nintendo is a juridical person, meaning it can't grow up because it's a corporation.
>>
File: 1451814626580.png (78KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451814626580.png
78KB, 200x300px
>>322884349
HOW LATE AND BLIND CAN ONE MAN BE
>>
>>322882292
SEULEMENT
>>
>>322884349
I don't even have a slowpoke.jpg slow enough for this.
>>
>>322884523
>sales=quality
fuckoff faggot
>>
>>322884349
You are a unicorn.
>>
>>322884275
literally all baby shit games cept maybe smash
>>
>64% like nintendo vs 17% hate nintendo
looks like the shitposters got BTFO
face it faggots you are the minority here
>>
>>322884595
clearly they aren't quality
>>
>>322884023
>Just endure it for a little bit
>Don't struggle
I can't even fathom how they'd sidestep that one in an official translation
>>
>>322884523
Mario Maker and FE Fates didn't flop.
>>
>>322884689
here's your reply
>>
>>322884671
Yeah, Reddit is more populous than 4chan by a longshot.
>>322884637
Mario Maker is neither baby shit nor a game.
>>
>>322884671
it's been one person voting "I like Nintendo" with a mobile phone so they change IPs quickly and their votes count.
>>
I feel Nintendo should resign, not in a hateful way, I feel like they had a good run

They are a shell of their former-self way past their prime, they don't really offer much to the table and feels like there is nothing to lose if they go 3rd party like Sega
>>
>after all this censorship/#FE shit 61% of /v/ still suck's miyamoto's dick
What is wrong with you people?
>>
>>322884525
>>322884482
Nintendo targeted everyone back then, now they only target children. They cant even make non kiddy games anymore so their hire others like monolith or platinum to do it for them.
>>
>>322884671
Hardly anyone cares enough to vote at all
>>
File: 1434946055572.png (25KB, 174x179px) Image search: [Google]
1434946055572.png
25KB, 174x179px
I had a pretty high opinion of Nintendo even up until the Wii, but after the WiiU my opinion of them has declined really really fast to the point where i dislike them.

I bought a WiiU and it was the worst mistake i made.
>>
>>322884671
>Taking into account all events, past present and future related to Nintendo
Instantly invalidates the poll as a measure of how much people like modern Nintendo.
>>
>>322884671
WHY DO PEOPLE STILL LIKE NINTENDO AFTER AMIIBOS CENSORSHIP AND GAMES FLOPPING EVERYWHERE

ITS
NOT
FAIR
>>
>>322884961
Fucking this. I have all three consoles but only regret buying the Wii U. You can only play Bayonetta 2, Tropical Freeze, and W101 so many times and I'm trying to get into XCX but currently taking a break because I dont want to force it and ruin my experience
>>
Nintendo is the only major game console company I know that actually goes out of their way to region lock their games and censor them overseas.

I mean Nintendo hates region freedom so much that they were willing to brick to Wii's who were using Freeloader to bypass the region protection.
>>
Last time I touched my Wii U was for 200cc Mario Kart, and that came out fucking ages ago. Even Smash I prefer to just play on my 3DS. XCX looks like shit, and Splatoon was pretty weak when I tried it at a friend's house. Mario Maker looks interesting and I might get it, but it baffles me that people on here have unironically touted a level editor as GOTY.
>>
>>322882292
>OP question: Taking into account all events, past present and future related to Nintendo
>Poll question: What is your present opinion of Nintendo
I'm getting mixed messages

I've been a lifelong Nintendrone but I'm having a lot of disagreements with them lately. They're adopting a lot of shitty policies and practices that the rest of the modern vidya industry does (DLC out the ass, shitty localizing) while keeping a lot of their outdated inconveniences (region locks, friend codes). It's been pretty much continuously downhill after the glory of E3 2014.

TL;DR: I'm not mad, I'm disappointed. The NX better be something good. And don't forget the games this time.
>>
>>322882292
Shoulda made a separate poll for NoA
>>
NX is going to flop isn't it?

>Has to be an x86 console to compete with next gen consoles and make porting games not a nightmare
>If it goes x86, then they lose out on backwards compatibility with Wii/Wii U games
>Most likely will have have region protection
>Still using a shitty barebones online system
>Will have a gimmick as the main selling point
>>
>>322885627
Not OP but I think it means, present opinion taking into account all events leading up to the present that you know about nintendo
>>
File: NX.png (110KB, 725x880px) Image search: [Google]
NX.png
110KB, 725x880px
>>322885773
The idea behind it has a lot of potential but there's plenty of ways they could seriously fuck it up.
>>
>Has to be an x86 console to compete with next gen consoles and make porting games not a nightmare
>If it goes x86, then they lose out on backwards compatibility with Wii/Wii U games
I'm not sure how this works, but I'll take your word for it. If it's the case that they go for x86 then it gives the in-house devs an easy opportunity to port and resell the best Wii U titles with all DLC and enhancements. It makes sense seeing how relatively few households have a Wii U and Wii U games in the first place.
>Most likely will have have region protection
Iwata made a fairly public statement about reconsidering the region lock thing, it could have been a soft hint. Here's hoping they at least considered it during NX prototyping.
>Still using a shitty barebones online system
Here's hoping (again) that the Nintendo Account system is at least on par with PSN
>Will have a gimmick as the main selling point
There's no avoiding this, unfortunately. If they make it low-key enough it could be acceptable.

You can tell I'm being pretty optimistic here. I guess we'll see everything at E3.
>>
>>322884880
>Nintendo targeted everyone back then, now they only target children
I'm think they still target everybody.
>>
>>322885773
V
>>322886401
>>
>>322885627
Their DLC is pretty good though. The Mario Kart and Smash DLC has been amazing.

Other than that I agree with you.
>>
>>322886816
>Mario Kart
Good
>Smash
Fair
>Amiibos
Cancer
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.