[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I happened upon my long lost gamecube yesterday (I was fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: F-zero-gx.jpg (20KB, 200x280px) Image search: [Google]
F-zero-gx.jpg
20KB, 200x280px
So I happened upon my long lost gamecube yesterday (I was fucking geeked), blew the dust off and decided to play F-Zero GX.
Oh my fucking god that game is a masterpiece, didn't realize that in my younger days. That game made me feel so fucking alive.

Can you imagine how beautiful it would be if they made another title complete with online play?

>30 fucking racers
>eye shaving speed
>hectic boost frenzy toward the finishing lap
>don't forget you could also build your own vehicle and paint symbols and shit on it
>graphics were good then, imagine now
>eyes locked on to that 1st-place marked racer, spam-boosting down the track, hunting them down like a goddamn hawk
>not too easy but not too hard
>fun as fuck story mode challenges
>intense music

it's a shame they'll probably never revive it
>>
F Zero was GOTYAY
>>
i hear you anon it's my favorite F-zero
>>
>>322846287
I would assume a big reason they didn't make a new one is because it would compete with Mario kart 8. Easier for them to just sell that instead and include that dlc lvl.
>>
>>322846572
Yeah as soon as MK8 was released I knew there was no hope for F-Zero.
>>
>>322846287

1. Nintendo hates money
2. They only want Mario Kart
3. Would be near impossible to top
>>
Miyamoto says there's nothing that can be done with a new F-ZERO, but he's wrong. Here's what they could do: a reboot. Imagine an open world set in Mute City. You're Captain Falcon; you just blew into town and you have two simple objectives:
>Hunt bounties
>Win races

You start off with a shitty stock F-ZERO model and build it up as you earn cash from turning in bounties and winning street races. Eventually once your vehicle is good enough you can start entering full-speed grand prixs. The bounty hunting gameplay could be a cuh-razy style beat-em-up, but obviously the heart would be in the racing. You'll get to live Falcon's story and see F-ZERO's awesome WWE + Star Wars world from a ground level, start his rivalry with Samurai Goroh, earn the Blue Falcon right before taking on the final boss... truly ebin

Include cups, all the classic cars and local multiplayer mode right from the get-go to keep the purists happy.
>>
MEGACOCK
>>
Man I played through all cups on Master again recently and this truly is the GOAT
>>
GX didn't make them alot of money, so it's probably not high on their list of franchises to resurrect. Also alot of people forget that GX is actually a SEGA game. Does AV even exist anymore?
>>
>>322846287
Nintendo needs to stop being faggots and eshop this already. I just wanna go fast...
>>
>>322847887
but what about the gimmicks?
>>
>>322846287

>Not too easy but not too hard

More like "Not too easy but hard as shit".

It's still a fucking GOAT game, I still need to beat all cups on the highest difficulty (the last two cups only) and some story mode missions on Very Hard which is most of them, the F-Zero grand prix on VERY HARD is probably one of the hardest things in any vidya ever, BUT DAMN, it's so good I still play it every once in a while to try and finish it 100% one day.
>>
>>322847887

At this point...

>Release HD version
>Support GC controllers
>have online (maybe with only 12 fuckers instead of 30)
> Add vehicle sharing or some shit like that
>Amiibo support for decals on your ship or whatever the fuck
> Have an alternate OST for EVERY track

It's mostly cool extras but just an HD port would make my dick happy, same applies to Final Fantasy CC, holy shit.
>>
>>322847887

look at what happened with star fox

>people hated Command and assault
>begged nintendo to just make it like old starfox
>starfox U looks like a mix between 64 and 2
>everyone throws a bitch fit because its the same game

same will happen with f-zero
>>
>not too easy but not too hard
Did we play the same game?
>>
>>322848748
Fucking yes. That's the LEAST they could do. And holy shit I never thought about that for FFCC, jesus christ that would be Godly.
>>
>>322849109
For what it's worth, I liked Command.

>>322848748
GX is perfect enough that they could just do that and I wouldn't dream of complaining. Nintendo loves reinventing the wheel though, especially when they don't have to. My idea is obviously just one fanboy's pipe dream take on how they could do it without ruining what people love about F-ZERO
>>
>>322849109
>Assault
>hated

fucking what? Assault was great, I think.
>>
So, real talk - does F-ZERO GX take place in a universe where everyone is gay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEUMMekS8Gs
>>
>>322850360
It takes place in a universe where everyone is too fabulous to care.
>>
>>322847887
>a reboot
Kill yourself, reboots are 90% garbage.
>>
File: 1434910380252.jpg (57KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1434910380252.jpg
57KB, 472x472px
F-Zero GX status within Nintendo vexes me, cause they acknowledge it's a masterpiece that can't be topped, yet they have run every other first party to the ground with sequels.
>>
>>322848521
Yeah, it was hard as shit, but I didn't want to sound like a novice. But hell, even a seasoned player will have trouble with that game.
>>
File: yes.gif (90KB, 212x225px) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
90KB, 212x225px
>>322846287
>inb4 new game would be a Hack´n Slash featuring Samurai Goroh
>>
File: 1403063641561.jpg (522KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1403063641561.jpg
522KB, 1024x768px
I loved this game as a kid. Still missing the last 3 characters to unlock from beating Ch 1, 5, and 9 on very hard mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TInQ8_Biax8
>>
>>322851796
wow, I see your pain
>>
>>322850360

>Falcon's alt ego is Famicom

Lol nice touch Nintendo.
>>
I love this game. Completed all the cups on master and beat all the story missions on very hard as a kid. It was great
>>
How would you all feel if F-Zero basically had what Awakening did to Fire Emblem?

>casualized
>waifus
>guaranteed sales which means more games
>>
>>322854573

GX had some great women but waifus? I'm not so sure about that. As long as the game keeps the insane difficulty level from GX, it's fine if a super easy mode is added for casuals.
>>
File: nintendoland-wii-u-18-640x363.jpg (64KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
nintendoland-wii-u-18-640x363.jpg
64KB, 640x363px
Meanwhile, retards still defend this company.
>>
>>322852736
Chapter 1 on very hard is easier if your tv is set to 50hz .
Chapter 5 can go to hell
>>
>>322852118
>a Hack´n Slash featuring Samurai Goroh
>not a Beat 'em Up featuring Captain Falcon with his Smash Bros attacks

Pretty much sells itself. It could even be like the Jak games and combine fighting, shooting, platforming and racing.
>>
>>322849109
>mix between Command and 2, with 64's scenarios

FTFY
>>
>>322856336
Honestly I felt flat out insulted by that
>>
>>322847887
It's a bad idea.
Making F-Zero a combination of CUHRAZY beat 'em up and racing would just narrow an already small niche to people who enjoy both those genres, rather than just racing or beat 'em ups, and the developers would have a harder time getting both sides of the game right than if it did just one or the other.

>>322848174
My understanding is the Yakuza series is largely made by ex-Amusement Vision staff.
>>
>>322848748
BRING BACK X'S DEATH RACE AND X CUP AND X EXPANSION KIT'S TRACK BUILDER
>>
What are the chances that if F-Zero was brought back it would be slowed down?
>>
File: StarFox2_Wolfen.gif (451KB, 485x256px) Image search: [Google]
StarFox2_Wolfen.gif
451KB, 485x256px
>>322849109
>>starfox U looks like a mix between 64 and 2
Star Fox Zero really doesn't borrow anything of consequence from 2 aside from the Arwing transformation, which appears to control like the Landmaster instead of like it did in 2 anyway.
This is, of course, excluding stuff already in 64 that came from 2, like all-range mode, charge shots, star wolf, etc.

Unlike 2, there are no real time tactics, there are no roguelite elements, you aren't stuck in all-range mode all the time, there don't appear to be multiple playable characters with different ships, etc.
It looks like 64 with different aiming and transforming vehicles.
That's it.

>>everyone throws a bitch fit because its the same game
I don't think there would be nearly as much complaining if it wasn't a reimagining of 64 and instead had an original story and entirely original levels and shit.

>>322857748
>>mix between Command and 2, with 64's scenarios
I get the impression you've only played one of the games your mentioning here.
I can't think of even a single thing we've seen of Star Fox Zero that comes from Command. Hell, even the character designs have finally moved a bit away from the terrible Command designs.
>>
>>322846287
It's basically a perfect game. There's nowhere they could go but down.
>>
>>322848748
Frankly just making the game again wouldn't be a bad thing because it's been so long since we've had an F-zero game.

New one should have a track creator in addition to the vehicle creator too.

Really all I want is speed, all the racers, all the tracks and custom content creation.
>>
>>322846287
>F-Zero GX
the one fucking gc game I still haven't gotten my hands on. Fuck you anon. FUCK YOUUUU!
>>
>>322848748
>Amiibo support for decals on your ship or whatever the fuck
don't ever endorse Amiibo. They're for faggots and autists.
>>
>>322861629
You could always emulate.
>>
>>322863914
Last time I tried it F-zero GX didn't run too well and had bad graphical glitches.
>>
>>322864896
if you have a Wii / Wii U, use Nintendont and avoid using a shrunk ISO
>>
>>322850360
I have no idea what you're talking about.

http://youtu.be/Sqpe3v73V1A
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.