[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what good games are there on the PS2? I've never owned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: images[1].jpg (5KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
5KB, 218x232px
So what good games are there on the PS2? I've never owned one before today. All I have is Ace Combat 4 which I finished and thought was excellent.
>>
what kind of games do you like?
Ace Combat 5 and Zero should be checked out.

The Reccomended Games wiki while infested with Reddit has a lot of noteworthy stuff on it.
Metal Gear series is also essential but that's been HD lifted
>>
File: uwu.jpg (6KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
uwu.jpg
6KB, 191x234px
>>322841686
If you are into shooters, I would recommend the TimeSplitters series or the Ratchet and Clank Series; both of which are nice to play and plenty of fun.
>>
>>322842058
I'm a fan of action games mostly, if I'm gonna play a slower-paced game then it needs to be really engaging in gameplay. FFX for example did nothing for me.

I'm typically a 'Nintendo' person, so I like their kinds of games. I know there's plenty of mascot platformers on the PS2, any good ones? I also know of Armored Core, and I like mecha, so I figure those might be good too.
>>
God Hand
>>
>>322841686
How have you never owned a ps2?
>>
>>322843324
>I know there's plenty of mascot platformers on the PS2, any good ones? I also know of Armored Core, and I like mecha, so I figure those might be good too.
Well Jak and Daxter might be a place to start. The Armored Core games are up and down in quality so certain ones might appeal to you more than others.

There's tons of action games from popular stuff like Devil May Cry and god of war to lesser known things like God Hand and Blood Will Tell. The PS2 library is fucking huge you might as well google for a list.
>>
>>322843969
grew up playing Nintendo, my bro bought a PS2 in 2008 and I played it a bit but he moved out shortly after. I've since played a PSP but only modded it, and I have and use a PC. I recently began going back and collecting things, getting a modded PS1 and now I have a PS2 that I'm going to mod as well.

I like puzzle games like Picross and Q-Billion on the Game Boy, anything like those on PS2?
>>
so far my list from googling (taking thread advice)

>Katamari Damacy
>Onimusha
>DMC3
>God Hand
>Sly Cooper

I'm not a big fan of games like GTA, MGS, and Final Fantasy. That's making it a bit difficult for me.

I'm going to look into multiplats like Splinter Cell on Gamecube or Xbox since those two seem to get better multiplats. Already have TimeSplitters Future Perfect as well.

What are some goodies that I won't easily find on a typical 'Top Games' list?
>>
Gran Turismo 3&4. I'd fap to those graphics any day of the week :)
>>
>>322846212
Not liking RPG's kind of tanks the list

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Playstation_2
>>
Final Fantasy XII IZJS (need eng patch)
Soul Nomad
Rule of Rose
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 & Nocturne & Persona 4 & Devil Summoner 1 & 2
Odin Sphere
Dark Cloud 1 & 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Suikoden III & IV & V & Tactics
Rogue Galaxy
Breath of Fire
Shadow Hearts & Shadow Hearts Covenant & From the New World
Drakengard 1 & 2
.hack//INFECTIOn & MUTATION & OUTBREAK & QUARANTINE
.hack//G.U. Rebirth & Reminisce & Redemption
Front Mission 4 & 5 (need eng patch for 5)
Xenosaga Episode I & II & III
GrimGrimoire
Disgaea Hour of Darkness
Stella Deus The Gate of Eternity
Monster Hunter
Wild Arms 3 & 4 & Alter Code F
Makai Kingdom Chronicles of the Sacred Tome
Zone of the Enders & The 2nd Running
Armored Core 2 & 3 & Last Raven
Growlanser Generation (Growlanser II & III)
Growlanser IV Wayfarer of Time
Growlanser V Heritage of War (aka Generations in JP)
Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken Land
Star Ocean Till the End of Time
Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front
Steambot Chronicles
Mana Khemia Alchemists off Al Revis
Mana Khemia 2 Fall of Alchemy
The Sword of Etheria
Ring of Red
>>
>>322846556
I like RPGs if they aren't boring. Difficult to beat or engrossing but not overwhelming stories fit the bill for me, so stuff like Wizardry or SMT will do it for me if Wiz Trilogy and SMT Strange Journey are any indication.
>>
Which model is best for modding?
>>
>>322846824
Is this a good list?
>>
>>322841686
OutRun 2006
Black
>>
>>322841686
YuGiOh Duelist of the Roses. You're welcome.
>>
>>322847745
OutRun 2006 is better on PC or Xbox, mate.
>>
>>322847418
Yeah thats a p dank list. I have alot of that shit

PS2 is the king of jrpgs for gen 6
>>
Way of the Samurai
Forbidden Siren
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1&2
Echo Night: Beyond
Klonoa 2
Ace Combat
Armored Core
Baroque
Persona 3 & 4
The PS2 Castlevania's
Clock Tower 3
Cold Fear
Dragon Quest VIII
Raw Danger
Drakengard
Fatal Frame
Gitaroo Man
Haunting Ground
Urban Chaos
the Kingdom Hearts games
Kuon
Onimusha
Rule of Rose
Shining Force EXA
Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 (Personally I don't think Shattered Memories or Origins are that bad)
>>
>>322848224
of that list, any that don't have a ton of cutscenes and are tough games to beat?
>>
>>322847418
A list of henerally good games, yes. I could see you not liking a few.

I highly recommend
Ratchet & Clank Series(at least 1-3)
Zone of The Enders Series
Jak series
Sly series(1 is skippable)
God Hand
DMC series
Dark Cloud 2
Armored core 2 & 3
Persona 4 if you havent played it yet
Destroy All Humans! 1&2
Disgaea 2-4

and I'm just making sure because I'm finding more and more people haven't played San Andreas yet. Get it on PC if you haven't but PS2 is still good.
>>
>>322848763
Never been really impressed with GTA, what makes San Andreas any different from the rest?
>>
>>322848959
Classic characters
fun cheat codes
RPG like customization
the modding is top notch

Although it could be a little outdated by your standards. In my opinion it's just something everyone has to play. But sometimes you have to make your own fun as the missions can be boring with auto aim and all.
>>
File: PS2 games.jpg (4MB, 2558x3000px) Image search: [Google]
PS2 games.jpg
4MB, 2558x3000px
>>322841686
Go wild.
>>
>>322849869
need a higher resolution, cant see names on most of the games clearly
>>
File: 1451970272807.jpg (76KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
1451970272807.jpg
76KB, 500x505px
Haunting Grounds my friend
Bought a PS2 just for this game and it was fucking worth it
>>
>>322843324
ACE series is pretty neat. A lot of Gundam games are worth checking out too.
>>
>>322850073

You need glasses.
>>
>>322850637
Not him but the imports should've at least had the titles translated so you can actually look then up.
>>
File: PS2 good games.jpg (3MB, 4042x6810px) Image search: [Google]
PS2 good games.jpg
3MB, 4042x6810px
>>322850073
Here's another then. less games, but still.
>>
Not OP, but are any of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games worth getting? I loved the first one on the PS1.
>>
What about PS1 RPG games
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.