[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't this have the same uncanny valley effect that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: until-dawn.png (1MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
until-dawn.png
1MB, 1067x600px
Why didn't this have the same uncanny valley effect that L.A. Noire had yet it looks better?
>>
Because it has less gameplay, which makes more room for grafix.
>>
>>322775239
I'm asking it doesn't give that same weird feeling that you got from L.A. Noire when you look at the faces.
>>
>>322775427
Because everything in this game looked equally good. LA nor had super high poly faces and mocap, and the standard low tier Rockstar quality models and animationa of everything else
>>
LA Noire looks worse, but the facial capture is better. Until Dawn doesn't have the amount of accurate face contorting because LA Noire had special tech specifically made to make it look as good as possible.
>>
>>322775952
Are you serious? Matt alone in his close-ups looked like he was doing bath-salts with how much his face contorted.
>>
Am I the only one who was reminded of the in-engine faces from NFS carbon when playing L.A Noire? I mean the textures were obviously better but it felt a lot like the same shit
>>
>>322776420
Can you fucking read?
>>
>>322776492
No
>>
>>322776420
It looks great, sure. But LA Noire picked up little things like wrinkles and eyelids moving fast. Until Dawn is as good as we're going to get right in current-gen when it comes to traditional mo-cap.

LA Noire had the advantage of new technology. Shame it's not still being used.
>>
Emily is worst girl.
>>
>>322776942
Agreed but who is best girl?
>>
The Wendigos felt so janky. I know they are hand animted, but damn, try a bit harder next time.
Also this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wchJHihs_9A
>>
>>322777041
Sam.
She's the cutest, never does anything wrong, and saves best guy Mike, which is a huge plus.
>>
Daile reminder that Emily Did everything wrong.

Fuck that cuntish chink and her warts.
>>
File: 1430979115_preview_uncanny_main.jpg (16KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1430979115_preview_uncanny_main.jpg
16KB, 640x400px
this is now an Uncanny Valley thread.

How the fuck do I stay awake.
>>
>>322777342
I thought they were well done. The way they hopped everywhere and the pace that they moved at made them pretty unique when it comes to horror monsters.
>>
>>322777342
The Wendigos were Janky on purpose. Shit was meant to be snapy and unnerving.

My only real issue with animation came from the way Chris moves his arms around like a robot in some conversations.

The game is a solid 8/10, though, even if There's no "ending" if you kill all of them and all characters react the same near the end of chapter 10, even when knowing everyone else died or seeing the fucking bodies. No new dialogue, no new ending sequence, just a fade to black. Shit let me and the wife dowm mad hard.
>>
>>322775427
>why do these two things that aren't similar are different!! WOOOW
What the fuck?
They are using different methods for animating.
L.A Noire has actors sitting on a chair, they film their face from all angles and this video is used to create a 3D image. The motioncap is separate from the face. What you're looking at in the game is basically a 3D video of a guy's face.
Until Dawn has actors act out the scenes. Motion capture and face capture is recorded. The face capture is used as reference to animate the prerendered face model. The actual video of the actors face isn't in the game. It's more like Half Life 2 except HL2 is done by hand while Until Dawn uses algorithm magic shit.
>>
>>322775113

This is the game I wish wasn't PS4 exclusive because I wanted dem nude mods
>>
>>322777393
1. Sam
2. Ash
3. post-rape Jessica
4. Shit
5. Emily

>>322777430
>Tfw you kiss her and bite her lip but it busts one of her warts and it squirts into your mouth along with the hairs
>>
>>322777342
They used spiders as reference for wendigo movement. This kind of stuff has been common in horror for the last 10 years.
Just look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4pZH9Miew8
Moves like a fucking wendigo.
>>
>>322777393
Sam is the best girl. Cute as fuck, resourceful and strong and dat ass looks great in her yoga pants.

Ashley is a close second, mostly because of that ass and thighs, even though she has a skinny-fat face. She loses a lot of points because of How she cold-bloodedly lets Chris die right in front of her if he shoots her in the face.
>>
File: 1433215499135.gif (309KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
1433215499135.gif
309KB, 480x380px
Alright lads, let's get to work.
Until Dawn 2 is in the works. What beast do you want to see in it?
>>
can we order sum pizza
>>
>>322778448
More Josh.
>>
>>322777872
>>322777973
>>322778312
I know that they were janky on purpose. Moving around unnaturely. But the animation was looking badly done.
>>
>>322778701
I don't know, maybe it is bad. I'm not an animation buff. But it never bothered me during gameplay.

"Gameplay"
>>
>>322778701
The point is that it looks shit on purpose. Instead of blaming them for doing a bad job you should blame them for making bad creative decisions.
They should have dropped the whole janky spider moving thing. It's an overdone horror fad.
>>
>>322778448
The Thing.
>>
>>322778448
I would like to see other obscure monsters, but having the same twist would be kinda shitty.

Sure, maybe they can play it off well enough. But most people will probably come in expecting some sort of monster twist now.
>>
>>322779257
It's not really about the twist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=witVYO49Hc8
What they can do is draw from other horror movies and tropes. For all we know Until Dawn 2 could be a sort of a mashup between Twin Peaks and Hostel. It might not even have a monster.
>>
>>322779981
That could be a bad move for them, though, since most people would expect some kind of monster.

But even if it's just some guy, well shit could work, given that it all gets written well.

I would really like this series to take the American Horror Story approach, though. I would kill for more Sam and Ashley.
>>
>>322775113
because it couldn't even reach cinematic 24 fps
>>
>>322776942
I'll fight you. Bitchy Asian is my type
>>
How do you save Mike in the end. The "Don't Move" part keeps saying I moved even though I didn't.
>>
>>322783605
Don't move.
>>
>>322775427
Because LA Noire was made for the PS3 and 360 in 2011, and this was made for the PS4 in 2015. Technology gets better over time, crazy shit
>>
>>322783803
The motion must be pretty sensitive because apart from breathing, I didn't move the controller at all. I'll just leave it on a table I guess.
>>
>>322784470
Don't, it's gonna vibrate with the screeches and you'll get killed. You can put Sam in harm's way in order to save Mike though.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.