[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Todd just remake this game on the Skyrim engine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

Why doesn't Todd just remake this game on the Skyrim engine?
>>
>>322765761
Because there were spears in it.
>>
>>322765819
What is this meme?
>>
>>322765761
It would be almost as expensive as creating a totally new game from TES series, and creating a totally new game from TES series would add much more to it and people would expect the new game much more to visit a new localization, appart from the fact that most nostalfags would hate the game because it would have lost its "essence".
>>
>>322765761
It doesn't need one. What do need a remake are the first two games.
>>
File: 1445150499274.png (313KB, 632x479px) Image search: [Google]
1445150499274.png
313KB, 632x479px
Because all the dudebro normies that got suckered into skyrim would start complaining about the combat and the amount of reading, so it wouldn't sell that well.
>>
Nobody in their right mind would want it, because it would be incredibly dumbed down on the same or even lower level that FO4 was, making it unbelievably shallow and lacking any depth to anything besides the already established lore and story.

Bethesda wouldn't want to do it because they would be obligated to have to include everything originally in the game, and roughly most of everything that was in Morrowind has been pruned from the games up to Skyrim. This includes-
>multitudes of weapons and spells, such as spears, throwing weapons, long / short / broad sword categories, spells like telekinesis, detect animal / key / human / objects / mysticism in general
>individual armor slots for each shoulder, legs, chest gone, can no longer wear clothes under armor as well
>tertiary and secondary stats gone, no longer any attributes, all condensed into Health, Stamina, and Magicka
>>
>>322765761
why when modders will do it >forfree
>>
File: YS.gif (716KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
YS.gif
716KB, 500x269px
>>322765819
>>
File: 1438890656286.png (1MB, 973x901px) Image search: [Google]
1438890656286.png
1MB, 973x901px
>>322766242
>implying anyone wants to play outdated, procedurally-generated garbage that's boring as fuck.

I'll stick to oblivion.
>>
>>322765948
>Expensive

Ever heard of Skywind?
>>
>>322766665

>people still hating on Morrowind's combat

This is how you can differentiate someone who played for an hour and didn't bother observing what they were doing from someone who actually took the time to play the game and learn how stamina worked.

>waste stamina running everywhere
>have no stamina
>can't hit shit because using a weapon you aren't specialized in and don't have the minimum 40 skill cap to not miss
>can't deal dick for damage
>cry when enemy's first hit knocks you down due to no stamina
>cry that the combat was shit

It was genuinely more interesting and "realistic" than Skyrim's combat. It was just very stiff, and the pre-level-40 weapon skill check for the dice roll needed to be substituted with just a minimal damage output instead of a chance to hit or miss.

If they had reserved everything in Morrowind (minus dice rolls for pre-40 wep stats), Skyrim would have been one of the best RPGs hands down.
>>
File: bKJ6P6G.jpg (531KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
bKJ6P6G.jpg
531KB, 5000x5000px
>>322765761
>Skyrim engine
>>
>>322765871
It's a meme about how, despite spears being one of the most common weapons in medieval times and long before, and being fairly prevalent in Morrowind, there are no spears at all in Oblivion or Skyrim except for the little ones used by those blue goblins on Solstheim
>>
>>322765761
Because the fans already are
https://www.youtube.com/user/TESRSkywindOfficial/videos

>>322767059
Even after you know how to min-max your character build and get 200% hit chance, it's still boring and awful and takes up too much of the game. But you're right, a lot of shitters dismiss Morrowind after only playing 30 minutes.

>Skyrim would have been one of the best RPGs hands down
>would have been
>implying it isn't
>>
>>322766720

Forgot to also mention:
>province-wide guild halls with skill-check rank progression, helped you hone your abilities and teach you new spells / reward you with new weapons, and were able to choose from multiple cities' halls to start from, and slowly build your way up through the ranks before getting some pretty cool quests.
>>
>>322766665
One number off from being lucifer himself

Fitting for a Morrowbaby who thinks III is the first game
>>
>>322767290

Best RPG for the standards of someone who has been playing games since before 2007 I guess.

I'd wager that Skyrim was basically every normie's first footstep into the world of RPG games.
>>
>>322767014
>modder use lot of created content and work for free, bethesda would have to spend money recreating things and will cost more or less the same money to develop than a totally new TES game.
>>
>>322767251
He also said that they just dont work when in the keynote, it did just work.
>>
>>322765761
Because it'd get BTFO by a fan project when it eventually hits 1.0

>>322767251
On top of this, in the game featuring fantasy vikings they failed to include THE viking weapon.
>>
>>322765819
HATE SPEARS
>>
>>322767352

>mfw Skyrim's guilds were nothing but shitty, short, ridiculously terrible storylines that very vaguely fit in with the actual theme of the guild.

Thieves guild and Mage's College probably pissed me off the most. The Thieves Guild was more like the Drama Thugs Club, and the Mage's College was just fucking retarded. You only ever had to use a single spell 3 or 4 times max, and within 3 hours you go from Student to Master of the entire college, despite there being way mroe fitting NPCs there to take place of the old master.

Dark Brotherhood was probably the only guild that actually stuck to it's roots and made most sense, even though it had a retarded bit of drama towards the end. Cicero was corny as fuck but pretty bro tier.

Guilds were always my favorite part of Oblivion and Morrowind.
>>
>>322765761
Because the Skyrim engine is significantly worse.
>>
>>322765819

There's some weapon mods that add spears, but it doesn't feel the same when you see your character hold it straight upwards and swing it like a greataxe.
>>
>>322767798
Thieves Guild in Skyrim is just mystical ninja bullshit.
>>
>>322767446
it would be better if it wasn't buggerfall
>>
>>322767290
They have been working on this for ages and it isn't even remotely nearing completion. Instead of releasing the simple that everybody wants, they've decided to add fully voiced dialogue that will take ages to complete and obviously sound like garbage, and to totally rebuild the landscape from scratch. It just isn't ever going to end.

They should have stuck with their original goal, stopped working officially after Bethesda's warning about using assets from Morowind, and then released the simple, working port anonymously. I can't fault them for wanting credit for their work, but their ambition is totally delusional.
>>
>>322767798

You didn't even need them to help progress your stats either. There were always dozens of NPCs in towns that would train you without having to be involved in a retarded fury club or group of sewer thugs.
>>
>>322768017

They very easily could have just crafted the world with whatever assets they wanted to build, get the NPCs and creatures placed just to populate it, and then just open it up for the community to do the rest.

It would have been done a dozen times faster.

It's gonna end up just like Morroblivion - TESVI will have come out before it's even mostly done.
>>
>>322767059
>If they had reserved everything in Morrowind (minus dice rolls for pre-40 wep stats), Skyrim would have been one of the best RPGs hands down.

Well, there are a bunch of mods which go some way toward restoring roleplaying elements. 150+ mods and you've got an almost decent RPG.
>>
>>322765761
How would that work when they are already running on the same engine?
>>
>tfw still play Skyrim at least once or twice a year

I can share my modlist if you guys want. It's pretty much my go-to modlist that redoes combat, magic, and even implements classes with specializations, and redoes the entirety of all the talents, making them way more than just shitty % multipliers.
>>
>>322768287
still no mods that would fix plot,writing,meaningless characters and copypasted dungeons.
>>
>>322768460
I'd be interested to hear what you use. I have a pretty extensive list myself.
>>
>>322767647
But it's got axes, though.
>>
File: 1423755120676.png (935KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423755120676.png
935KB, 1280x720px
>>322768460
i bet you still play WoW.
>>
>>322767798
The presence of guilds and other similar organisations have really declined over the games. The standard trio of guilds were never that exciting but Morrowind had the Three Houses, Shrine, Temple and Morag Tong. They each shaped the history and politics of the setting with their own means and ends instead of being isolated quest dispensers. Oblivion had neat little communities like that vampire hunting club in the Imperial City and the Knight Errant house. What the fuck did Skyrim have?
>>
File: 1375285792403.png (176KB, 458x438px) Image search: [Google]
1375285792403.png
176KB, 458x438px
>>322768657
>>
File: Mod List.png (175KB, 2248x870px) Image search: [Google]
Mod List.png
175KB, 2248x870px
>>322768614

It's incredibly lore-friendly due to my OCD about keeping things from looking incredibly out of place. There's a few weapons and armors from the armor and weapon mods that I just barely tolerate because I'm too lazy to manually remove them.

I also don't have many custom quests yet, because most of the ones I've tried are by people who have these great ideas, but then have the worst game design knowledge you could imagine. Their quests generally end up having a shitload of bad puzzles, tricky deadends where you're stuck forever figuring shit out, and just general shit that requires you to basically understand their way of thinking because they just don't have any grasp on proper design and etiquette.

Mods not listed due to me being lazy and not updating the image:
>Duel
>Ordinator

You'll also have to go in with TOOL, organize your load order, and then use TES5Edit to clean everything, or else you'll crash every 10 minutes.
>>
>>322768769
The Bards' College and its quests that all center around raiding ruins, because that's what bards do! And let's not forget the Civil War, with the exact same captivating quests for both sides!
>>
>>322769062

Also forgot to mention, the ENB I have used for years is Stakado's Cinemascope ENB.

It's nice, performance friendly, and doesn't blow the fuck out of the lighting and bloom. It's also got a variety of presets with options to disable the cinema bars vignette, reduce grain, reduce light glare, and sharpen / unsharpen, and comes with an NPC spell to fine tune everything in game.
>>
File: 1344816547227.jpg (16KB, 376x260px) Image search: [Google]
1344816547227.jpg
16KB, 376x260px
>>322769062

>I also don't have many custom quests yet, because most of the ones I've tried are by people who have these great ideas, but then have the worst game design knowledge you could imagine. Their quests generally end up having a shitload of bad puzzles, tricky deadends where you're stuck forever figuring shit out, and just general shit that requires you to basically understand their way of thinking because they just don't have any grasp on proper design and etiquette.

This is fan-made quests in a nutshell. I actually have an amazing grasp on proper game design, like guiding the player through visual queues, proper level layout, etc etc, and often get into deep conversations about it with my friends, and end up critiquing every game I play on their design quality, but I couldn't make a quest in Skyrim for shit. Half the reason was I didn't have the patience for it, the other half was I didn't have the patience for the buggy fucking editor that crashed on you randomly.
>>
>>322769284
Skylight ENB is also very performance friendly despite having most of the features on. Even the depth of field is lightweight and suitable for gameplay.
>>
>>322769062
> NMM instead of Mod Organizer
> Shitty combat mod
> Ordinator instead of Requiem

MEDIOCRE
>>
I use Requiem.

Before you pull out
>Requiem
I've altered in the CK and tweaked it in MCM to make it less ridiculous. The de-levelled world alone makes it worth it. It's not perfect by a long shot, but it makes Skyrim feel like an actual RPG, if an imperfectly designed one.
>>
>>322770129
Requiem 2.0 is coming soon though
>>
>>322770315
Hopefully they will improved it. Do you know of what kind of changes they've made?
>>
>>322770032
>requiem
>talking shit about ordinator
NMM is shit though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>322769062
Dude you should really use Mod Organizer, you can do so much stuff with how you setup your mods with it.

And here's a website that guides into depth about installing mods especially with mod organizer.
http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page

Especially concerning setup that are lore friendly.
http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2
>>
>>322769062

Add Better Werewolves and Vampires
Werebears
Supreme Storms

>>322770032

There's nothing wrong with NMM aside from the Nexus staff themselves being the worst group of cunts imaginable, and Duel is a perfectly fine combat mod. It's all preference though.
>>
because modern Bethesda would completely ruin it
>>
>>322770469
>>322770129
Last time I looked at the Requiem manual, it have a lot of lore unfriendly additions, particularly concerning religion.
>>
>>322770503

I just use LOOT to organize everything honestly. NMM is just there to install everything.
>>
>>322770469

Requiem is fucking dumb.

Duel does what I want it to and only what I want it to, which is simply alter the combat, enemy AI, and fix how stamina should work.

Short, sweet, simple, and effective.
>>
>>322765871
Bethesda is too incompetent to implement spears in their newer games.
>>
>>322770656
Mod Organizer's system allows you manipulate the 'install order' which you can change at any time, so you easily adjust which files takes precedence and overwrite on the fly, and it even works with the BSA files.
>>
>>322765761
he can't make a good game to save his life
>>
>>322770895

NMM can do that.

I'm not trying to say NMM is better or anything, I'm sure MO is far superior, I've just been using NMM so long and I'm so comfortable with it, that I've learned how to work around it's shortcomings and how to not let it fuck my game up through LOOT, and feel no need to transition to anything else for now.
>>
>>322766901
That's funny considering much of Oblivion was procedurally generated.
>>
>>322770869

>ask for the ability to properly implement weapon slots and apply custom animations
>they decline stating that theirs some licensing bullshit with Havok preventing them from allowing that
>in reality, they're just lazy as FUCK, and Skyrim's CK was a barely-fucking-functional slightly upgraded version of Oblivion's / FO3's CK that crashed and fucked up your edits like a motherfucker.
>>
>>322766901

You do know that Oblivion was procedurally generated, while Skyrim in fact wasn't, right?

The fucking irony.
>>
But it is?
>>
>>322771034
No it does not, it doesn't have the conflict priority adjustment function.

Not to mention it have the functionality of allowing you to move NMM mods to MO.
>>
File: 15425-5-1334749797.jpg (385KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
15425-5-1334749797.jpg
385KB, 1920x1080px
>>322769284

Thank you for telling me about this ENB.

For once, it actually looks decent without everything looking like it'll melt my fucking eyeballs out of my head.

I stuck to FXAA injectors forever because I fucking hated all the ENB presets.
>>
>>322771515

I'll give it a look then.
>>
Everyone knows the gameplay and mechanics were ass and some of the worldbuilding, but I have no problem with the historic events now set in stone that have taken place because of Skyrim. Thing is, 200 years is a long gap between it and the previous game. Even Morrowind to Oblivion was only a six year leap. Did you know Jiub was killed in the attack on Kvatch? Anyways, you'd think a lot more technological progress would've been made en route to the 4th Era, don't you? Or maybe a gun still wouldn't manage to compare to the sheer might of the various schools of magic.
>>
File: 1417841082205.gif (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1417841082205.gif
27KB, 200x200px
>Skyrim Nexus

More like Shithole Nexus

Fucking despise that place and the piece of shit mods. Got banned and all my mods removed simply because I gave someone a genuinely constructive critique on their quest mod, and suggested a few things. Bunch of people flagged my post, blindly praising the dude as Skyrim Jesus, and I got banned.

Fuck that hellhole, and fuck that Grey Fox mod. Shit is busted as all fuck.
>>
>>322771908

A lot of people moved away from the Nexus and went to the Steam Workshop when moderation started getting really bad.

Skyrim Workshop is maybe even worse though just through how it functions.
>>
>>322772017

Workshop is superior.

Use Mod Organizer to organize shit you shitter.
>>
>>322771636
Note that Mod Organizer doesn't have any mods physically overwrite each other, they are each installed in separate folders (they are not even in the game directory), Mod Organizer just process the files and organize the file in a way that mimics the game directory. So you have to run the game through Mod Organizer's system (though you could create a shortcut that automatically starts the MO process and run the game)
>>
>>322772017

Navigating the Workshop is a nightmare. Everything has so many tags that you could be looking strictly for armor mods, and end up having a bunch of weapon, quest, and follow mods littered in as well.
>>
>>322769062

>No Thirteen Oranges

Come on man.
>>
I don't understand why people want remakes, even of good games. It's the worst form of a cashgrab. Just go play Morrowind with mods. There were a lot of features from Morrowind that sucked anyway, like the dialogue system.
>>
>>322772017
>A lot of people moved away from the Nexus and went to the Steam Workshop when moderation started getting really bad.
Care to elaborate? I know trainwiz got b& when he said a less-than-nice thing, but what about the moderation really got out of hand? One would assume that just posting mods and not acting like an animal in the comments would avoid invoking the wrath of hotpockets.
>>
>>322772475
Nope, scratch that, just saw exactly why.
>>
When do you guys think Elder Scrolls 6 will be out? Like 2 years? When will we start hearing rumors/leaks about location and stuff
I am sure they will create a new engine this time considering Fallout 4 got called out for looking like shit
>>
File: 1416185006761.jpg (562KB, 1071x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1416185006761.jpg
562KB, 1071x1068px
>>322772475

There was a period of time where there was a huge abuse of admin power going around, and admins were just being straight up assholes. Banning people over petty shit, removing mods over petty shit, no proper investigation being held, biasing, just dumb shit overall.

Couple this with the fact that the site owner also come out to be revealed as a massive piece of egotistical douchebag shit, it wasn't helping the site's image at all.

Modders were up and leaving in droves for the Steam Workshop, and pulling their mods out of the Nexus with them.

Not sure how things are now, really. We'll probably find out when the FO4 editor comes out, and the Nexus blows up again. That is, unless Steam implements a FO4 Workshop parallel to the GECK release, which is most likely what's going to happen.
>>
>>322772939
But the steam workshop is fucking garbage. The nexus must have really fucked up to make people want to use that heap of shit.

I mean to be fair the nexus is also shit, but for different reasons, and at least it's not totally impossible to find what you're looking for on it.
>>
>>322772920

4 or 5.

FO3 came out 3 years after Oblivion. Skyrim 3 years after that. NV was outsourced to Obsidian. FO4 7 years after 3, likely to get an outsourced subtitled game in a year.

I give it 4 years minimum before we get an announcement.

Honestly not holding much hope for the franchise though. FO4 proved they have no interest in innovating any of their games, just re-releasing the same old shit, further dumbed down and accessible for your average potato.
>>
>>322773123

True, but who knows.

If rumours are true, and FO4 attempts to reintroduce paid mods (already done better by nexus by allowing you to donate if you want to fund the modder), then I can see modders flocking back to Nexus en masse.
>>
>>322773312

>paid mods

The backlash was fucking hilarious, and really divided the community. Those parody mods someone was releasing with the bucket, fruit, and all that shit for $5 a pop was hilarious.
>>
>>322773673
Paid mods were so blatantly jewish even hardened valvedrones turned their nose up at it. It's a flagrant exploitation of a community that can only exist BECAUSE it's free.

Mindlessly introducing money into the system like valve did would just drive the quality of mods down to the floor.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.