[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you excited for the NX yet /v/? >Super Mario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 8

Why aren't you excited for the NX yet /v/?

>Super Mario 3D Galaxy
>new project from Retro Studios
>Legend of Zelda U NX
>next mainline Pokemon
>Monster Hunter 5
>new project from Masahiro Sakurai
>Xenoblade Chronicles 3
>Spla2n
>Dragon Quest XI
>Mario Kart 9
>next mainline Animal Crossing
>literally getting rewarded with eShop credit for simply playing these games
>>
>>322759657
No main Pokemon game will never be available on a home console.
>>
Because I don't know what it is

I'm not interested in a handheld
>>
>>322759919
Hand held are dead anon. It will be a hybrid at most.
>>
>>322759657
>cartoons and weeaboo shit for turboautists

I'm over 13
>>
>>322759828
NX will be a handheld and a console that you are able to share the same games on so yeah, Pokemon will be on a home console.
>>
>>322759657
>mainline Pokemon
Game Freak refuse to make them on home consoles because it defeats the point of POCKET monsters. And even if he NX is a handheld, they will still stick to the console with the larger user base (see what they did for gen 5)
>>
>>322760212
Aren't all video games technically cartoons?
>>
>>322760231
Keep dreaming fuccboi
>>
>>322759657
>2016
>still caring about Nintendo
Fool me once...

I trusted them with the Wii and WiiU, was let down both times. Anyway, let's see:

>Super Mario 3D Galaxy
Has "3D" casual shit
Probably a new DK, they confirmed they weren't working on Metroid.
>Legend of Zelda U NX
I already have a WiiU, the GCN version of TP was superior to the Wii one, why would this be different? Also, each Zelda game gets progressively worse than the last. I'm not holding my breath.
>next mainline Pokemon
Gen 6 was shit. Pokemon is boring. The Gen 5 romhacks are god tier.
>Monster Hunter 5
You mean MHX? Already on 3DS. MH3U on WiiU is the best anyway.
Who cares.
>Xenoblade Chronicles 3
XCX was mediocre overall. Game needs a lot of fixes that the dev team certainly won't undertake, and the story is sorry. I've still to bother completing Chapter 10. And the next was confirmed to be different anyway. Why should I care?
>Spla2n
Now this could turn out to be good. But it's not worth the new console.
>Dragon Quest XI
Ha! I'd rather just play the 3DS ones anyway desu.
>Mario Kart 9
Who cares...
Never gave a fuck about AC, and even less now with all the amiibo shit
Who cares...

Is any of this something for me to get excited about OP? It's lame as shit.

I'll just wait for WiiU modding and be done with Nintendo for good.

What a fucking letdown.

Never buying Nintendo products ever again.
>>
>>322759657
>a bunch of shit that wont happen

Keep dreaming kid.
>>
>>322762531
I'm with you. I bought a wii u and it's most certainly the worst console I've ever owned by a landslide.
>>
>>322759657
>Getting hyped for games we don't know exist yet
Everyone did this shit with the Wii U and its library turned out to be a joke.
Hold your fucking horses and wait for actual announcements.
>>
>>322763079
>and its library turned out to be a joke.

Still miles better than whats on PC4 and Xbone.
>>
>>322763079
>Everyone did this shit with the Wii U and its library turned out to be a joke.

Best Nintendo console library since the SNES
>>
>>322759657
>Super Mario 3D Galaxy
mite b cool but also not confirmed, nice try OP
That could be anything.
>Legend of Zelda U NX
Probably identical to the Wii U one, like Twilight Princess was.
>next mainline Pokemon
That would mean Game Freak either got competent programmers, or Nintendo's wrested Pokemon from their grasp. Both are equally unlikely.
>Monster Hunter 5
On 3DS already, unless X isn't 5
Could be anything, and could even be on an entirely different system. Wouldn't surprise me if he's nosed his way into helping out with the next console Fire Emblem or something though.
>Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Could be enticing, but it sounds like the head designer wants to head back to a game that's more similar to the first. Mechas are the big #1 reason I even wanted to check out XCX.
>Spla2n
Never played the first one and unless this one has a good single player mode, I'll pass on this too. Online multiplayer isn't my bag.
>Dragon Quest XI
eh
>Mario Kart 9
After getting burned by the Wii U, this won't be a system seller for me.
That SHOULD have been on Wii U. Fucking board games.
I do like this.

All I want is a new GOOD Metroid or F-ZERO. Or something entirely new and great. Or even better, all three.
>>
>>322763004
This. Other than the occasional Smash or Splatoon game when guests are over my WiiU is just a Netflix/Hulu box.
>>
>>322763309
I disagree dude.

PS4 and Xbone both have decent libraries, with a lot of shit lined up for the next two years.

WiiU is literally a Splatoon/Smash machine, with only Zelda on the horizon.
>>
>Xenoblade chronicles 3
Ain't happenin
>>
>>322763539
>>PS4 and Xbone both have decent libraries

well meme'd
>>
>>322763480
>I wasn't around for the SNES.

Now, fuck off.
>>
File: 1263984143215.png (39KB, 523x472px) Image search: [Google]
1263984143215.png
39KB, 523x472px
>>322759657

>Why aren't you excited for the NX yet /v/?

Can't be excited about something that doesn't have much confirmed information about it.
>>
>>322763527
>unless X isn't 5

It isn't.
>>
>>322759657
Because that console is gonna be a shitfest with shit graphics, and then the PS5 and next Xbox system will come out like within a year and absolutely blow it away.
>>
>>322763682
>inb4 picture of unreleased weebtrash and multiplats gets posted
>>
>>322763819
>muh graphics
>>
>>322762531
>I'd rather just play the 3DS ones anyway desu
This should be tattooed to your forehead to immediately invalidate any opinion you ever have for the rest of your pathetic life.
>>
>>322763539
>PS4 and Xbone both have decent libraries
They don't, nothing but multiplat crap that I can laready play on my PC. There is absolutely no reason to own either of them as of now.

>with a lot of shit lined up for the next two years.
That's what they said a year ago too. Not holding my breath, PC4 has two games coming up that interest me that may be exclusives or at least 1 of them is and I can't justify a purchace simply because of 2 non-existant games.

>WiiU is literally a Splatoon/Smash machine, with only Zelda on the horizon.
and bayo, w101, pikmin, Fratal frame, xeno, dong etc, monhun, etc. Games I can't play on a PC that appeal to me.

PC+WiiU is the only combo that is viable at the moment. Xbone will be irrelevant always, PS4 might be in the future when it's cheaper slim model comes out and actually has interesting and fun exclusives.
>>
>>322763539
Xbone is a timebomb'd Tomb Raider machine with Quantum Break 11 months away and Scalebound pushed into 2017, and PS4 is a Bloodborne machine for the next 2 months.
>>
>>322763682
I'm not meming dude, quit being such a console-war starting, shitposting fanboy.

Xbone has Titanfall, Halo, Rare Replay, ReCore, and Cuphead just off the top of my head.

PS4 has Bloodbourne, FFVIIR, KH3, Horizon, GGXrd, SFV, and Last Guardian.

And that's not counting all the multiplats the WiiU DOESN'T have like Destiny, MGSV, Witcher, and shit.
>>
>>322763774
Is it just 4+ then? Those games kinda blur together to me.
>>
>>322764093
Nah they are all shit and don't count.
>>
>>322763892
Sorry, i like games where it looks like the creators tried to improve the quality over the hippie indie scene where 'bad graphics are best graphics cuz retro coolness harhar' and lazy Nintendo programmers and artists
>>
>>322764093
>PS4 has
>Last Guardian.

No, it hasn't. Why do you retards keep including games that aren't out yet. It could be absolute crap, just like the new paper mario was absolute crap.
>>
>>322764093
>And that's not counting all the multiplats

No point in counting those as they should be played on a PC you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1294981353858.jpg (502KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1294981353858.jpg
502KB, 1920x1200px
>>322759657
>Repeat
>Repeat
>Repeat
>Rumors
>Rumors
>Vague Promises
>Vague Promises
Could you not? I mean, really, could you not? Knowing the video game industry, development cycles, business practices, and general habit of internet misinformation, could you please not be so fucking stupid as to get hyped over something that is at best not coming out for 2 years and has no solid details about it? Console or handheld? (Or, jesus christ, mobile?) What processor? What controllers? What specs? Price? Developer support? DEVELOPER SUPPORT?!?! Fuckety shit, please don't be so stupid as to virtually put money on a vague ghost of a promise until you ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT IT IS.
>>
>>322764246
There is no MH5, nothing has been announced.

X is the next mainline MH game, and it's still in the middle of its cycle, awaiting the Ultimate release if it gets one.

From there on, who knows what Capcom might do. They'll go to the platform with the largest install base, meaning they'll either keep supporting 3DS, or jump onto PS4 (the first MH game was a PS2 game).

What they WON'T do, is jump to NX, because that shit is dead on arrival.
>>
>>322764093
>Cuphead

Might as well praise Wii U for having Funky Barn
>>
>>322764506
we're talking about nintendo fans here, they aren't the most rational bunch
>>
File: IMG_20160105_173330.jpg (2MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160105_173330.jpg
2MB, 4160x2336px
>>322764505
I'd sure like to play Rare Replay or Halo on PC... Bloodbourne too... oh wait.

>>322764378
Why not? Because they're not Nintendo? Seriously, kill yourself.

And pic related. I own a WiiU, so fuck you.

>>322764408
Same reason you trust Retro? Because the developer is good.
>>
File: 1447739265688.png (952KB, 1490x835px) Image search: [Google]
1447739265688.png
952KB, 1490x835px
Why should I be excited for something we haven't seen anything of at all yet?
>>
File: ugh.jpg (45KB, 516x367px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
45KB, 516x367px
>>322759657
>nintendo
>>
>>322764948
>Retro
>good

I wouldn't call the developers who ruined Metroid forever "good".
>>
>>322764701
I got off my lazy ass and saw it's almost like a "best-of" of shit from all the previous main games updated to the newest engine. Kinda cool I guess.
>>
>>322760120
If handhelds are dead, why is the 3DS still doing better than the Wii U? Nintendo's handheld stuff is the only reason it's been able to survive the Wii U's failure.
>>
>>322764948
> Rare Replay or Halo

Halo is crap and I played those rare games when they were relevant, why on earth would I want to give money to jewsoft that killed them?

>Same reason you trust Retro? Because the developer is good.

So was the developer for paper mario and it was absolute shit, Last Guardian isn't even being developed by the same guy. There is no guarantee it will be any good, especially when you take into account the development hell it has gone through.
>>
>>322763819
Because that worked so well for Vita
>>
>>322765234

here's your reply
>>
>>322765314
That would be Koei Temco and Sakamoto anon.

>>322765362
Sauce?
>>
>>322763480
>Best Nintendo console library since the SNES
The Wii U is Nintendo's weakest home system.
>>
Nintendo track record dipshit

>Super Mario 3D Galaxy
You got me there
Good luck with that
>Legend of Zelda U NX
While probable, I'm not buying a new console for a "enhanced port" of a WiiU game
>next mainline Pokemon
We don't even know if the NX is a hybrid, and a console is never getting mainline Pokemon
>Monster Hunter 5
lol
Good luck
>Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Shit
>Spleen
Only thing that would make me buy it day one
>Dragon Quest XI
PS4
>Mario Kart 9
Mario Kart isn't good anymore
lol
You think modern Nintendo is going to actually reward you for anything in their online infrastructure?
>>
>>322765530
Thanks.
Gonna put in my dick head.
>>
Do you have proof for all of this OP? Some of these I've heard of like the new Sakurai Project, but for others you'll need to submit 100% solid hard evidence or else you'll be immediately dismissed as a filthy liar.

In any case though, I'm looking forward to NX anyway, whatever it is. I don't care what all the haters say, I enjoy my Wii U immensely and still see no reason to get a PS4 or Xbone yet - I've had plenty of fun with all the games I've gotten so far on Wii U and 3DS, and I'm still churning through PS3 games anyway so there's no need yet to jump to the next gen in the Non-Nintendo realm.
>>
>>322765549
Just what I gleamed from the Wikipedia article, desu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter_X
>The game's title—Monster Hunter X, pronounced as Monster Hunter Cross—originated from the idea of crossing old and new elements of the series in the game.
>"the letter X looks like it divides the given space into four… so four hunting styles, four large main monsters, four villages [three from previous games]. They’re all crossing."
>>
Why would anyone be excited after the disaster that's the Wii U?
>>
>>322763004
Yes suck it Atari 5200, Phillips CD-I, Gamecom, 3D0, and the 32x
>>
The most exciting thing they could announce is a $250 price tag.
>>
>>322764093
>Xbone has Titanfall

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also I think that game was on 360 and PC too.
>>
>>322766017
Agreed. Especially being a poorfag in Canada, where new Wii U games currently cost 75 bucks a pop. I busted my chops getting a Wii U and I've got nothing to show for it at the moment but Mario games.
>>
>>322765436
Nintendo still has buckets of cash from the Wii.

Wii U break even as long as the attach rate is 2 or higher, I think the current attach rate is somewhere around 5-6. Any "loss" from the Wii U is weighed against R&D costs, which wasn't nearly as much as the Wii made in it's lifetime.
>>
>NX releases mid-console generation for whatever idiotic reason they've decided
>Wii U owners don't buy it or can't afford it
>Only gets a few multiplats from the XBone and PS4
>only has half a lifespan before getting outclassed by the PS5 and Xbone2

Please, Nintendo, don't do this
>>
>>322765456
Halo 3 was fun, and MCC is alright, my sister has it.

Rare Replay is the only way to play Banjo Tooie today in a stable state unless you have a working N64.

Titanfall is also alright.

Why are we arguing this?

And I honestly, personally don't give two fucks about TLG since I don't have a PS4. I was just naming games off the top of my head.

Seriously dude, this petty console war bullshit is retarded. You give XCX and Fatal Frame a pass for being mediocre, but games like Destiny are trash because they're not Nintendo?

Let's be fucking honest dude, WiiU was a, disappointing piece of shit. If you keep bending over and accepting Nintendo's bullshit, and defending the over fanboy wars, the only one who loses is you, the consumer.

I grew up with Nintendo. The SNES, N64, and GCN were all awesome. They had shittons of games, and quality of the 1st party titles was top notch.

A new Mario meant, "HOLY FUCK, NEW MARIO!" Not, "when can we get another game like 64?"

A new Zelda was like the second coming of Christ, now a new Zelda is just holding back to brace the disappointment of it being worse than the last Zelda, and hoping it's not. Seriously, ALBW comes out, and it's mediocre as fuck, yet it gets lots of praise because it's "not as bad as the last installments."

That's how low Nintendo has fallen.

And you know why? Because fanboys like you have enabled it, by showing them they can churn out mediocre crap, treat their fanbase like shit, and yet you guys will still blindly defend them, and buy up everything they shit out, calling them "the last good company in the industry." No, they're not that, old Nintendo died with the launch of the Wii.
>>
>>322766459
>GCN
>quality of the 1st party titles was top notch.

is this bait? Gamecube was fucking crap
>>
Everyone here doesn't seem to understand what the NX is. It's both a console and a handheld. You use the handheld as a controller for the console then you can use the handheld as a handheld. All games will be released on both systems for the price of one game. So I can play the new Pokemon on both with only having to buy it once. It's ingenious.
>>
OP.

I've been a fan of Nintendo for way too long. I only skipped the SNES because back then my father decided to grab a genesis instead. I always liked their IPs, specially metroid. But I was always all over Zelda as well, some pokemon here, some mario there, basically I would buy Nintendo consoles even without much third party support because I knew I would still find something Nintendo.

But the announcement of the NX and the actual lack of titles for Wii U just made me lose all hope. The Wii was kind of a hint but I still kept it for quite a few titles out there. But right now with Nintendo delaying shit, pushing amiibos every fucking where, treating smash like it's M.U.G.E.N or some shit and then this crap about releasing the NX this early, I'm kinda done. They should have stopped experimenting on shit and done what they could, not to just please nintendo fans, but to please people in general. Compete against MS and Sony instead of being right there like the second choice.

Now I know what some of you might think "oh you just want another underpowered PC full of multiplatform call of duty clones", that's not true at all. I want Nintendo to be competent. NX is not showing that. It's just a delayed PS4 with Nintendo titles and it's leaving Wii U users behind the same way Saturn users were left. We all know how that worked out.
>>
>>322766559
Melee is still the best in the Smash Franchise. FZero is unbeatable. The GCN Primes are better than anything that preceded it.

Literally, the entirety of the GCN's library shits all over the Wii AND the WiiU.

Are you retarded or just underage?
>>
>>322766861
Not him, but it had the worst 3D mario and the worst Starfox titles on a home console as well. If someone gave me Starfox Adventures and told me it was top notch quality, I would shove that up his butthole.
>>
>>322766758
You people are delusional retards. NOBODY knows that the fucking NX is outside of Nintendo.

NOBODY

Just because its a good idea, doesn't mean Nintendo will do it. They make stupid decision after stupid decision.
>>
>Opinion Wars
>>

I'm surprised he still wants to make games after all the bitching and complaining he did with Tr4sh.

Is anyone honestly excited to see what else this hack cooks up? His games are all the same copypasta tropes and style, offering beguiling control schemes for the sake of uniqueness and nothing else.
>>
>>322766459
>You give XCX and Fatal Frame a pass for being mediocre, but games like Destiny are trash because they're not Nintendo?

No I do not. Destiny is just pure unfun trash that is all.

>Seriously dude, this petty console war bullshit is retarded.
>Let's be fucking honest dude, WiiU was a, disappointing piece of shit.
>console war bullshit is retarded.

Yet you perpetuate it with idiotic comments like these while maintaining that nogamestation and prism are worthwhile even when proven otherwise with rational arguments.

>That's how low Nintendo has fallen.
I'm so sorry that Daddy Nintedno has touched you in a no-no place, so much so that you now think that games like Titanfall and destiny+a myriad of multiplat crap are more worthwhile than anything that is ever going to be on a Nintendo console.

>Because fanboys like you
The only fanboy here is you. You are the only one getting emotional about this. I have already even expressed my interest in buyng a PS4 when it's cheaper and actually those fun and interesting exclusives come out for it which I believe will be when the yrelease the slim version.
>>
You know what's funny? Shitposters like to throw around words like Nintoddlers, Nintendrones etc, but look at all the bait pictures on /v/.
How many of those are aimed at Nintendo?
Take crying wojak, the first edit was aimed at Nintendo. Most JUST edits as well.

Now what does that mean, since "this place is Nintendogaf"? Maybe that the vocal minority loves shitposting more than playing videogames?
>>
>>322762531
>GCN version of TP was superior to the Wii one
>no progression scan
>cluttered UI
>no widescreen
>shitty unresponsive controls
>>
>>322767054
Sunshine > Galaxy due to better physics.

Galaxy was floaty and slow.

SF Assault was a lot of fun in local multiplayer. And Adventures was basically a Zelda game. Both look miles better than the turd that's about to drop on WiiU, and Wii had no SF game.

TP and WW are also eons better than Shitward Sword.
>>
>>322759657
Because still no fucking third party exclusives.
>>
>>322767415
>Galaxy was floaty and slow.
>floatier than a game with a literal float mechanic
>>
>>322759657
>3D Galaxy

Welp. I wanted Sunshine 2. Or something that isn't galaxy.
>>
>>322766861
>Melee is still the best in the Smash Franchise.
4 is better
>FZero is unbeatable.
X, yeah. GX was trash.
>The GCN Primes are better than anything that preceded it.
They single handedly ruined the franchise.
>>
>>322764701
What they won't do is jump to PS4, since that system sells like hot garbage in the one market that really matters for Monster Hunter. Even Square can't stop that car crash.

The reason NX will get things like MH and DQ and YW is because it's the only platform with a future in Japan. Besides mobile.
>>
>>322767415
I think you're forcing it too much, man. Lay it down.
>>
>>322767330
Nintendo has been in a contentious position over the last decade, and most people "shitposting" are actually ex-fans who are voicing their hate in a therapeutic manner. When you give them any sort of attention, you only feed the flames more. So that's why this place is called "NintendoGAF" now. Enjoy.
>>
>>322767415
Gamecube faggots are the worst
>>
>>322767643
To go as far as to say they ruined the franchise is silly. However Super Metroid is still a better game than Prime.
>>
>>322767643
>GX was trash
Someone needs to git gud

>They single handedly ruined the franchise
Why? Though I guess I kind of agree since they stopped making 2D ones after that.
>>
>>322767748
>ex-fans
You spelled "falseflaggers" wrong
>>
File: 1368225713819.jpg (29KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1368225713819.jpg
29KB, 432x288px
>>322759657
>>Super Mario 3D Galaxy
>>new project from Retro Studios
>>Legend of Zelda U NX
>>next mainline Pokemon
>>Monster Hunter 5
>>new project from Masahiro Sakurai
>>Xenoblade Chronicles 3
>>Spla2n
>>Dragon Quest XI
>>Mario Kart 9
>>next mainline Animal Crossing
>>literally getting rewarded with eShop credit for simply playing these games

That's why
>>
>>322767748
>ex-fans who are voicing their hate in a therapeutic manner
There's a difference between voicing your hate for something you used to like and spamming the board with PII PU, NO GAMES, DEAD IN THE WATER, NINTEDOOMED, JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP, PHYSICAL DLC along with a number of bait pictures.
>>
>>322765436
3DS is cheap as fuck
>>
>>322759657
Got source on any of those or are they just games that will happen because of "common knowledge"?
>>
>>322767953
>HI! I don't like video games!
>>
>>322768065
Shitposters gonna shitpost. That happens with pretty much everything. Just ignore it.
>>
>>322767246
You know what?

You're right.

I'm sorry I spoke ill of our great gaming messiah Nintendo. Forgive me father for I have sinned.

So, you go on ahead with your delusion, spreading your buttcheeks for Nintendo to fuck you over with their colorful Mario dildo, but I'm still not getting the NX.

... and from the looks of things, not many will either. I'll be surprised if it sells half as much as the WiiU. But you and your fanboy delusion won't convince me and the millions of people Nintendo deceived these last two gens, to give a fuck about their shitty new console.

So carry on anon, licking the scrotum of your great messiah. I'll simply wait for the fall, so I can watch and laugh as the sales numbers and the backpedaling arrive.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shane on me. This is the third time.
>>
>>322759657
>>Super Mario 3D Galaxy
If the next 3D Mario has '3D' anywhere in its title then I'm not buying it. It made sense with the 3D Land, being for the 3DS and all, but in any other case it's just asinine and borders on naming the next 2D Mario 'New' levels of retardation at this point.
>>
>>322759657
Because only two of those are at best, new IPs.
>>
>>322768197
>DELETE THIS
>>
>>322759657
It depends what it's going to be. All these rumors are worrisome. All I want from NX is a normal home console, reasonably better hardware than Xbone & PS4 and slightly modified Wii Pro controller (analog triggers at least). If Nintendo could delive this, it would be day one purchase for me.
>>
>>322762531
>/v/: The post
>>
>>322764701
>What they WON'T do, is jump to NX, because that shit is dead on arrival.

Just how long do you think Nintendo's planning on supporting the 3DS/Wii U?
>>
>>322759657
move this thread to /toy/
>>
>>322766861
Wii U yes (any console had more titles, Wii U is like Virtual Boy 2.0) but not Wii

Did the GC have Real Steel 2, MadWorld, No more Heroes, Klonoa, Last Story, Xenoblade, Punch Out or Donkey Kong Country Returns?
>>
>>322767415
>Sunshine > Galaxy due to better physics.

Physics are the only thing that matter. Not vastly better controls, or gorgeous world design, or sublime soundtrack, or being able to play through the game without getting secondhand embarrassment from the voice acting. I will give Sunshine the edge over Galaxy for linearity though.

Sunshine isn't a bad game but it's weird as fuck. I guess that gives it it's own charm but seriously, who the fuck played Mario 64 and thought "you know what the sequel for this needs? Nothing but beach levels, and a clunky-ass water pack." I appreciate them trying to do something different but Nintendo needs someone to tell them when they're being completely tonedeaf. Otherwise we keep getting shit like Amiibo Festival and Federation Force.
>>
>>322768516
But then Nintendo would have another failed system with almost no games on their hand.

A actually well received gimmick like the Wii is pretty much the only thing that can save the NX now.
>>
>>322759657
Has Metroid 5 been announced yet?
>>
File: 1285710808703.jpg (66KB, 540x726px) Image search: [Google]
1285710808703.jpg
66KB, 540x726px
>>322760120
>Handhelds are dead
the 3ds sold around 60 million units
>>
I cant get excited for something i havent seen this coming from a nintenbabby
>>
>>322768083
They're selling because they're cheap. Of course. However, that thus means that they still aren't dead. If the handhelds are selling, especially selling better than its father company's home console, then it's clearly not dead.
>>
>>322768617
It took GameFreak 2 years to get out a Pokemon games on the 3DS.
>>
>>322767643
>They single handedly ruined the franchise.
This.
>>
>>322768820
In a platforming game, yes. Physicals are the most important factor to measure.

And the controls are not better, not by a long shot. Galaxy used the wiimote for crying out loud.
>>
>>322759657
Nintendo consistenly make gimmicky piece of shit that are poorly supported
>Super Mario 3D Galaxy
Not sure what this is supposed to mean but I rather not a rehash but a new kind of game
Sweet
>Legend of Zelda U NX
Zelda hasn't been great since N64 so eh
>>next mainline Pokemon
Eh, I grew out of Pokemon after gen 3, don't see the fus over this series
>Monster Hunter 5
Pls keep this shit way from 3DS, Monster Hunter on a teeny screen feels wrong after 3U
>>new project from Masahiro Sakurai
Eh
>Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Eh, XCX was meh, it was like a nature walk, add some villages and dungeons or something
>Spla2n
Sweet, now fix the online interface
>Dragon Quest XI
Better be better than the PS4 version
>Mario Kart 9
If they add some actual singleplayer content like a campaign then count me in, 8 was gr8
That would be cool

Would buy for $250 at best
>>
>>322767953

This is pretty much the only thing to get slightly excited about. Everything else is typical nintendo porn.
Where is the new shit?
>>
>>322759657
Because it's made by modern Nintendo. I'm not hyping this thing until it's released and proven to be a decent system.
>>
>>322759657
Does it have a new F-Zero and Metroid Prime?

Thought so.
But it's probably still going to be fun and my peasant hovel of choice.
>>
>shit I made up

nice try op and those games look fucking awful
>>
>>322768820
>>322769093
>played through SMB on the NES the other day
>the game controls like Mario is running around on ice

It was seriously staggering how awkward the controls are. I always thought they were spot on but damn. Why do people like it so much?
>>
>>322766861
Melee was the worst Smash game because it was a violation of Lord Sakurai's decree - Smash is a PARTY GAME. So Melee and all supporters should be executed as heretics for trying to treat it as something it's not.

Also Sunshine was the worst 3D Mario by far, it's the most linear, and yet it's linear in such an evil deceptive way that I have no respect whatsoever for anyone who defends it. At least other linear Marios are obviously linear from the start. Sunshine pretends to not be linear while actually being extremely restrictive about which Shines you have to get and which ones are optional. There's no choice whatsoever in which parts of the game to play to finish. It's deceptive and evil.

The best Nintendo console is still the N64 in my view.
>>
>>322769116
Forgot to taste that I would be interested in AC if they added new activities, playable furniture and dropped the rolling pins
>>
>>322768820
>Not vastly better controls
Except Sunshine has vastly better controls. The world design was great and so was the soundtrack but that depends on how much you like tropical themes vs space themes.
>>
>>322768820
>I will give Sunshine the edge over Galaxy for linearity though.

But Sunshine is the most linear 3D Mario of the whoel batch, and it's even worst because it outright lies about being linear in its presentation. With Galaxy you can skip some levels and go to do other missions, and while there are some missions you HAVE to do as part of your total to get to the endgame, you have a lot more leeway with choosing exactly which ones to play and which ones to skip for your 70 total.

Sunshine doesn't give you that option. It fakes you out by making you think it's nonlinear and "Choose whatever ones you want to get as long as you meet the total" like Mario 64, but because if how there's one specific mission in each world that "moves" the story, and of the way it's all set up, it's outright predetermined for every single Shine you have to get in order to proceed. The game already decided which ones are mandatory and which are optional, and the amount of mandatory ones is the full total required to play the game.

Galaxy is somewhat linear but still gives you choice. Sunshine gives you an illusion of choice while actually being the most linear game in the whole thing. Lying about its linearity is the worst thing about it, and why Sunshine is absolute evil shit in my eyes.
>>
>>322769093
Wiimote with a nunchuk, same level of control (on a physical level) as any other platformer. For me, the controls are "better" because there's less to keep track of. You jump, you spin, maybe you backflip or triple jump, and it feels "right". Sunshine feels like someone copied 64 but couldn't be assed tuning it in right, then slapped on an unrelated gameplay mechanic for good measure.

Ultimately it's all subjective though. I've got my reasons to like Galaxy and you've got your reasons to like Sunshine. Neither are bad.
>>
>>322769886
>Autism: the post

Games aren't people anon.
>>
>>322769886
I guess when you put it like that, you're right. I meant moreso how Sunshine and 64 give you these open worlds to explore, and Galaxy confines you to what are essentially pretty corridors for the most part.
>>
>>322769914
>For me, the controls are "better" because there's less to keep track of
People like you are the reason 3D Mario controls have been getting more and more restrictive. Look at 3D World, now there's even less shit to keep track of and you can't do 90% of the shit you could in Mario 64.
>>
>>322768243

Jesus, I can fucking taste the tears.

Way to prove to everyone what a delusional butthurt faggot you really are.
>>
Because the last nintendo product I gave a shit about was the GC. Looking back on it now, I'm not sure what I even seen in that.
>>
>>322769375
Wrong.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.