[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
who are some of the worst indie devs?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 41
File: choke on it.jpg (16 KB, 600x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
choke on it.jpg
16 KB, 600x300
who are some of the worst indie devs?

The only one I can think of is Phil "choke on it" Fish.
>>
All western indie devs are a bunch of cocksucking hipsters.

Every

single

one.
>>
>>322759114
>who are some of the worst indie devs?
The female ones.
>>
Scott Cawthon

Literally fucking sucks at making games but continues to do so because of furfags stroking his ego

He's making a goddamn fnaf rpg and it's literally the most mediocre piece of shit ever
>>
>>322759752
The first game isn't that bad from a gameplay perspective. Jumpscares fucking suck and aren't scary (they are startling. Being startled doesn't equal being scared).

The idea of looking at security cameras whilst some monsters walk around the building you are inside, where you have no way of fighting back other than reflex is kind of a cool idea when you think about it.
>>
>>322759960
The first game was a pretty neat concept. And then it burned to the ground.
>>
>>322759114
What's so bad about him? What did I miss? He seems like a fairly smart and cool dude.
>>
File: sjw_idiot_indiedev.png (129 KB, 672x774) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sjw_idiot_indiedev.png
129 KB, 672x774
>>
>>322760107
The problem is Scott released them too quickly. Sure the games are clones of each other which makes sense from a developer standpoint but he should have spaced them out.

>>322760137
fuck off, Phil
>>
File: i5pP6VV.png (305 KB, 572x869) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
i5pP6VV.png
305 KB, 572x869
>>
File: ZUNPlayDoujin.jpg (111 KB, 471x368) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ZUNPlayDoujin.jpg
111 KB, 471x368
>>322759114
Ohta "Make the same boring game 14 times" Jun'ya
>>
>>322759114
Galaxy Trail
Horrible level designer, worse voice acting than RWBY, and a fanfic tier writer. Their literal only saving grace is that they are able to buy outside talent to make at least one aspect of their games not shit. Literally any other group of people could do what they do but many times better.
>>
Kind of surprised Christine Love keeps flying under the radar for terribleness. Like it's hiding behind the most prolific professional victim-shitposters like Wu and Quinn.
>>
File: 1450337025650.png (85 KB, 1157x867) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450337025650.png
85 KB, 1157x867
>>322759114
I'll admit this guy knows how to milk people. But to the seasoned eye, it just looks like pic related on the right.
>>
>>322760312
I'm still 100% on Andrews side on this. Nobody should give a shit about the opinion on some e-celeb.

The only people who got upset at Andrew are TB fanboys who always suck his cancer-ridden cock.
>>
>>322759114
The real question is, can you name a few indie devs that aren't a total cringefest?
>>
>>322759114

Fish is fucking terrible. He deserves all the hate he gets.
>>
>>322760643
Did Toby ever say it was like Cave Story? DId anybody ever say that? If so that's the stupidest fucking thing ever.
>>
>>322760643
The guy who made this shit must be really fucking mad about Undertale popularity. Does Toby really act like this?
>>
>>322760643
whats this about undertale stretch goals not being delivered?
>>
>>322760692
Pixel
Derek Yu
>>
>>322760692
notch is pretty cool I guess. I don't know about not being a cringefest but he seems like an honest dude.
>>
File: img8008.png (123 KB, 565x220) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img8008.png
123 KB, 565x220
>>322760643
Western indie game developers: beg for money, hype up your product, blog about very facet of development and your personal life, attract a cult of personality, release your game and become a rich internet celebrity.

Japanese indie game developers: spend years working on a project in silence or with occasional (technical) updates, release it, "This is my game. I hope you enjoy it."
>>
>>322760690
but if he didn't give a shit about TB he would ignore it

clearly he very much gives a shit
>>
>>322761108
The Dev was mocking TB because it's a funny thing to to and TB's fans went rabid.
>>
>>322760643

This was Bobs game. Be honest mang.
>>
>>322760692
Supergiant games
The guys who did terraria
Warhorse studios
The guys who did chivalry
Alexander Bruce
Bootdisk revolution
>>
>>322761337
>actually defending this sjw faggot
>>
>>322759960
Jumpscares are an important part of horror. They can be used well if their used in moderation, as a payoff for a long period of tension. A horror game without any jumpscares
wouldn't be able to maintain tension.
>>
>>322761884
I'm defending the fact that he mocked TB and fucked with the TB fanboys, not defending the personal opinion of the dev.

Learn to fucking disconnect views from people.
>>
>>322761773

Tony Cavinagh
>>
It would be easier to name indie game designers that are good because the list would be so much smaller.
>>
>>322760643
The salt is real.
>>
>>322761889
Jumpscares in horror can be done 2 ways. At the audience or the characters.

If the jumpscare goes to the camera/audience, that's cheap as fuck and isn't good.

If the jumpscare is to the characters, that shows that the writers put thought into the movie.

In Alien the alien itself jumps out at the people. It doesn't pop up infront of the camera. Both would be a jumpscare but only one effectively works in a horror setting.
>>
>>322761773
>terraria
What happened with the devs?
>>
>>322760312
I still haven't played this guy's game because of this.

What a sad and pathetic human being
>>
File: puppycunt.png (32 KB, 256x256) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
puppycunt.png
32 KB, 256x256
>>322759114
Puppygames
http://www.puppygames.net/blog/?p=1574

>>So here are a few things you can’t say, because it upsets everyone. A lot. And I’m going to say them, in a way that will make you think for a few seconds, before you immediately burst into flames with RAGE and spew vitriol into the moderation queue.

>>Firstly, gamers aren’t very nice people. Yes, you. You are not a very nice person. Statistically speaking. By which I mean, independent game developers get more nasty shit from gamers than they get praise. Right now you are preparing to lecture me about how I talk to customers, or how I deserve to be broke and unsucessful. If you’re feeling particularly sanctimonious you’ll tell me you’re never going to buy any of our games again. If you’re especially spiteful you’ll also tell me that you were about to buy one of our games (for a dollar! ho ho), but now you’re not going to.

>>I wonder just how many other creative industries have to deal with customers like this. Then again, maybe all of them do. I just make games, so I happen to know about the games side of things. Maybe a musician can chime in and tell me how shitty people can be. Or an artist.

>>No matter. What does matter is you’re not allowed to point out when someone is just being a shithead to you because they can. Don’t do that. The internet hates you.
>>
File: 1393918222250.gif (5 KB, 127x191) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393918222250.gif
5 KB, 127x191
>>322760189
Jesus Christ, it's like a fucking parody of itself.
>>
>>322762354
fuck off back to sucking your fans cocks, John.

How about you die from cancer already.
>>
>>322759114
phil fish and that GG slut comes to mind
>>
>>322762453
>>Secondly, there is a school of thought that says, there’s no such thing as bad press. Were I being politically correct right now and toeing the party line I would instantly disagree with myself. “NO! Do not argue with the trolls! You make yourself look bad!” And indeed, the internet will be right there to tell you, directly or snidely and indirectly that you’re making yourself look bad by defending yourself. Look at fucking Phil Fish! LOOK! Look at what happened to him! We all remember Phil Fish in sad, reverential tones, as he were an allegory of How Not To Handle The Internet. Poor Phil, we say. He meant well but he lost his cool. He let the internet bring out his naughty, bad side. The side that spoke what he actually thought and felt. Look what the internet did to him! Now he’s a gibbering bearded recluse used as a cautionary tale in two-bit backwater indie game developer blogs. If only Phil had kept his mouth shut, we say. If only Phil hadn’t fed the trolls, we intone. If only.

>>If only.

>>Fuck that! Phil Fish, you fucking told them what you thought. You told them how you felt. You told them the actual score. What was actually going on. The internet however decided it didn’t want to hear it, because the internet is mob and the wisdom of crowds is inversely proportional to the square if its size. But deep down we all know, really, that Phil Fish was right. He said what we were all thinking. He said what we want to say. But you can’t do that. It’s taboo. It’s censored! Not allowed.
>>
>>322762545
>>But this leads us to another, darker, nastier, unwritten thing, that we all think but we don’t talk about, not ever. In fact the one time I ever did allude to it I was permanently banned from the TIGSource forums for daring to say it. But this is my piece of the internet and I can say what I like. And here it is – the bombshell. The more we argue, the more we bait the trolls, the more we seem to get into a death spiral of internet hate… the better it is for us. There is no such thing as bad publicity. Phil Fish may have turned in to a gibbering bearded recluse but now he’s a famous gibbering bearded recluse. Phil Fish only has to tweet a fart and it’ll be all over the internet. Given that discovery is the #1 problem for an indie developer (and always has been), you can see that the more infamous and terrible we are … the more money we make.

>>But it’s absolutely, utterly fucking forbidden to ever say so.

>>Good old Phil is sitting pretty on a giant mound of cash the likes of which you will probably not even be able to comprehend, let alone earn in your lifetime. For every one of you that enjoyed denigrating him and thrilled at insulting him, there are now another thousand people who listen to every word he says. When he walks into the restaurant where you pitifully scrub the floor like a servile wretch in order to pay for DLC in DOTA2, you’ll call him sir.
>>
>>322762263
I don't think anything has really happened with them. They had dropped terraria to work on starbound, but that was before they did that massive update to terraria with the new difficulty and all the items. The only thing they've done wrong that I know about is starbound is awful
>>
>>322760189
>RAPE RAPE RAPE EVERYONE GON GET RAPED
>iz less rapes, pls nignog
>OKAY LESS RAPE BUT RAPE RAPE RAPE
>>
>>322761975
that's not what this thread is about
>>
>>322762536
GG slut?

Arins wife? Suzy? She does vlogs, not game developing last time I checked
>>
>>322760312
I don't understand what's so bad about this.
>>
File: Fedora_icon.png (926 B, 150x90) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fedora_icon.png
926 B, 150x90
>>322762639
>>And lastly, the worst, most hideous truth at all, and there’s a bit of history behind it.

>>You are worthless to us.

>>What? Did he just say that? I? Your fucking customer? You just said your customers were worthless! Fuck you!!!!11!1!! I’m never buying anything from you again! I’m even going to uninstall all your games you ignorant self-important cunt! How dare you speak to me, your customer, like that?

>>Woah there, inflamed of Tunbridge Wells. Let’s just rewind a second and analyse that statement for a moment. How did we get here? Let me count the ways.

>>Once upon a time, back in the early 2000s or so, games would sell for about $20 or so. Some developers did really well at that price point – I mean really well. Most of us didn’t do that well, and made beer money, but we carried on making games anyway because that’s what we liked to do, even if nobody wanted them. When we got a customer we were able to treat them like royalty. Apart from there not being that many of them, twenty bucks is a pretty reasonable chunk of money and you should damned well expect it to work properly. Of course, 99% of the time, when things didn’t work it was just because the customer had shitty OEM drivers that were simply broken. (Interestingly I don’t ever hear of people taking their laptops back to the shop – which remember cost $500 or more – and yelling at the salesmen for selling them something that didn’t work).
>>
>>322762527
this meme is boring
>>
>>322759114
this guy is totally retarded, but fez was a good game though
>>
>>322762527
My heart skipped a beat for a second because my name actually is John
>>
File: 1376174742215.png (59 KB, 684x710) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376174742215.png
59 KB, 684x710
>>322760312
>I'm gayfish
cringed
>>
>>322762746
It looks childish.
>>
>>322762781
>>So what would happen was we spent a not insignificant proportion of our time – time which we could have been making new games in and thus actually earning a living – fixing customers computers. Note that we weren’t fixing our game. We were fixing customers computers for them. It’s a pretty tedious affair. When the same problem turns up 20 times in a day (or even, during a sale, 200 times), and the answer is always the same, that’s the very definition of tedium. So we jokingly used to say that we sold you a game for a dollar and then $19 of support. That’s actually pretty close to accurate when you work out the time spent fixing someone’s computer for them. We relied on enough sales going through without problems to come out on top slightly, though the reality was that we never actually did.

>>Then Steam came (and to a lesser extent, Big Fish Games).

>>Things changed fast. So fast that in other industries it would have been seen as a cataclymically disruptive event. The upshot of it is, within 5 short years, the value of an independent game plummeted from about $20 to approximately $1, with very few exceptions. Steam is great! You can sell loads of games! But only if they’re less than $10. Technically Valve don’t actually dictate the prices we charge. Actually, they do. Utterly. It’s just not talked about. In fact technically, I don’t think anyone’s allowed to talk about it.
>>
>>322760837
>Does Toby really act like this?
Nope. If anything, he seems a little put-off by all the crazy attention that Undertale has gotten and its insane fanbase.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 1157x867) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 1157x867
>>322760643
Posting the original because you're a faggot
>>
>>322762867
Boo hoo I guess that's a good reason not to buy a video game
>>
File: forever.jpg (35 KB, 450x338) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
forever.jpg
35 KB, 450x338
>>322762928
>>Then came the Humble Bundle and all its little imitators.

>>It was another cataclysmically disruptive event, so soon on the heels of the last. Suddenly you’ve got a massive problem on your hands. You’ve sold 40,000 games! But you’ve only made enough money to survive full-time for two weeks because you’re selling them for 10 cents each. And several hundred new customers suddenly want their computers fixing for free. And when the dust from all the bundles has settled you’re left with a market expectation of games now that means you can only sell them for a dollar. That’s how much we sell our games for. One dollar. They’re meant to be $10, but nobody buys them at $10. They buy them when a 90% discount coupon lands in their Steam inventory. We survive only by the grace of 90% coupon drops, which are of course entirely under Valve’s control. It doesn’t matter how much marketing we do now, because Valve control our drip feed.

>>Where does this lead us to?

>>You are worthless to us.
>>
>>322760882
most of them not
one of them can not be delivered because toby is a dipshit and some others like secret boss and patch which we will probably never see
>inb4 so sorry is da secret boss lol xD

no you fucking faggots he was a kickstarter backer boss you know just like muffet and the whale? also one of his stretch goals is just ??? i think and we have yet to find out what this is but for my money toby forgot the kickstarter stretch goals and just wants to have nothing to do with undertale right now
>>
>>322763045
did bobs game ever come out? what happened to it?
>>
>>322763045

Man, whatever happened with Bob?
>>
>>322763045
>nicest guy you ever met
>TWISTED FUCKING PSYCHOPATH

those ms paint comics never fail to deliver on being unoriginal as fuck
>>
File: Wiggity-Wack.png (63 KB, 265x354) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Wiggity-Wack.png
63 KB, 265x354
>Make a shitty game
>Only retards buy it
>"I can't afford to pay bills"
kek
>>
>>322763173
>also one of his stretch goals is just ??
This couldn't be a real thing. I just checked and:

>$45000 - Undertale Extra Comics and...?

oh my god, that's fucking disgusting. Is it even legal to sell something that the buyer has no idea about?
>>
>>322762640
No, Starbound's devs are made up of FORMER Terraria devs. They had zip to do with the 1.3 update, and the devs that remained with Red's company had zip to do with Starbound.
>>
As of recent the guys who made Super Meat Boy have become noticable asses
>>
>>322763458
well its not the first kickstarter to do this
also the undertale extra comics also havent been delivered yet
i think the only thing to be delivered yet was fan merchandise...which isnt even complete..unless the tori plush actually came out
i appreciate toby for being laid back but you can see that he is a little moneyhungry
>>
>>322763458
Do you honestly think that reaching a stretch goal is the same thing as purchasing a product?
>>
>>322759752
Honestly, if I were him, I would try to milk the fnaf as much as possible too. He realizes that his games are a fad and will sooner or later go away, like the Slenderman or those SCP games and this is his only chance in making some real money.

First fnaf was pretty neat tho.
>>
>>322763562
Naw, you could always tell there was a bit of elitism with Ed and Tommy, but they also made up for it with good games. Maybe Tommy more than Ed, but eh.
>>
>>322763676
>>322763458
toby turned the ask page off in the undertale blog. He knows he's gonna get a fuck tonne of messages from people at some point asking about his jewing.
>>
>>322763676
>i appreciate toby for being laid back but you can see that he is a little moneyhungry
He asked for $5000. He's money hungry just because people gave him more?
>>
>>322763748
It's a much better story when you understand that he started by making a god awful kid's game that was so universally panned that he literally recreated his nightmares in FNAF.
>>
>>322763910
Well aren't you a gullible little faggot
>>
>>322760312
>boss rush game with progression that unlocks more bosses

why is this bad? sounds like a decent idea for a casual game if there's enough content and fun enough mechanics
>>
>>322759752

I don't mind the FNAF games, they were all unique and the concept itself was pretty fun and interesting

What makes Scott a dick was his release

>Announces FNAF 4 for October

>Update a day after

>Nah fuck that it's out now
>>
>>322763910
only talking about kickstarter goals not being delivered and him being too lazy to work on the patch and the secret boss
i think the patch is hard mode probably
like come on the only kickstarter goal to be delivered right now is merchandise and he constantly shits on people who sell merchandise unofficially which is his good right but how about instead of tweeting he actually works on his game? he literally said its done and there is nothing more to come
>>
>322760312
>322760312
aaaaaaaaaand pirated

I don't know why these faggots think public whining is going to make people support them
>>
>>322760312
>Frames criticism to use as motivation
>Somehow this is "childish"
>Remember that the mouth-breathing spastics claiming it is childish are whining fucking children

All makes sense.
>>
>>322761975
>dev gets super-butthurt about a negative review
>it's somehow a good thing because it startled some people on the Internet

Fuck off.
>>
>>322764386
from a developer point of view he should just shut the fuck up and care about games
if someone says your game is shit just dont say anything on twitter about it
why is this so hard to understand?
>>
Ctrl+F Burch, cuck
0 results
SERIOUSLY GUYS? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YEAR IT IS?
>>
>>322764875
>Indie dev
>>
Toby fox
at least fish made a cool game
>>
>>322765140
suck my dick and choke on it for saying such a retarded thing
>>
Chucklefish
>>
>>322763458
I dont want to be that guy but your not really obliged to actuslly make your stretch goals as crazy as that sounds. As far as Im aware anyways.
>>
>>322765140
>Fez
>good
>not getting boring within 5 minutes
>>
>>322764386
whining about critique is the worst thing an artist can do
>>
>>322766001
atleast gomez isn't a gender fluid trans lesbian
>>
File: 1388120384365.png (24 KB, 203x162) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388120384365.png
24 KB, 203x162
>>322760643

Sad thing is, Undertale is a much better game than Cave Story.
>>
>>322766307
neither is frisk.
its just a blank character really
>>
File: zoequinnphilfish.png (171 KB, 530x590) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zoequinnphilfish.png
171 KB, 530x590
>>
>>322766386
both games are too different really
but yeah cave story was kinda weird with its story and most characters were kinda dumb desu
also the bunny girls were annoying as fuck
>>
File: 1445733818159.png (42 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445733818159.png
42 KB, 250x250
>>322765140
>>322766396

>Dev makes a blank character anyone can project themselves onto to avoid bullshit from SJW's
>/v/ somehow turns it into a problem
>>
>>322766396
atleat fish got the balls to gender his main character and tell you to suck his dick and choke on it instead of telling kotaku it's okay if you don't like his game
PHIL = ALPHA STUD
TOBY= SJW AUTISTIC PUSSY
>>
>>322760692
Redigit. All of UWE.
>>
>>322760643
I was going to play Undertale, but then I read this and discovered that the creator is silly. Thanks for helping me dodge that bullet.
>>
>>322766656
>I SAY SOMETHING TOTALY WRONG TO GET AS MANY (YOU) AS POSSIBLE
>>
>>322766576

They're different but I'd say one is better designed than the other. Cave Story is too easy, has a retarded experience system and is somehow uglier than Undertale. The music suffers as well; remixes on youtube show how CS could have had music on par with Undertale but it's 8-bit shit.
>>
File: ses.jpg (50 KB, 675x530) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ses.jpg
50 KB, 675x530
>>322760189
>buy the work of one who consorts with beasts from their page
>ask for a refund a year later because development is too slow
>devs said they understand and refunded it
>it stayed in my Steam library
>>
>>322759114

The chick who is making Female Space Marines because 'I am a fan and want it'

Like, Can the motion be to understand a few things?
> One: Trying to implant a woman with Space Marine gene-seed would result only in a painful, agonising death. That is Canon since it only works with Male hormones
> Two: There are the sisters of Battle that can totally look like your shitty SJW looks of blackish with retard haircut
> Three: The notion of a society like this is kinda what draws people in, The emporer is from a time long past so his views share some 12th century views. But there are still strong females with the Sisters of Battle, Imperial Guard recruiting both male and female and the Inquisition being bigger men/women then the walking soulless robot of a man that Space Marines act sometimes.

If anything to push the limit, Make Chaos Sisters of Battle. Warhammer fans would droll for something interesting like that. You can make them twisted looking and gross as shit to represent not making beautiful characters and people will throw money at you...


Then again, Western Game Developers only make games to pander to their game view.

> https://twitter.com/castpixel/status/622105424792301569?lang=en
>>
>>322766786
now you are just baiting
>>
File: 1423575536378.png (110 KB, 442x390) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423575536378.png
110 KB, 442x390
>>322766786
Are you trying to trigger me, because its working
>>
>>322760690
Andrew Gleeson needs to realise that anything he makes will be open to critism. TB's critism isn't even unfair.
>>
>>322766656
think of frisk as a pair of pants
its a self insert that anyone can relate to because literally anyone has been a child. No gender needed. Why does people make such a big deal out of this
>>
>>322759386
Found the weeb
>>
>>322766875
>>322766916

This isn't a strange opinion.

Cave Story is a bad game.

http://insomnia.ac/reviews/pc/doukutsumonogatari/
>>
>>322766871
It's fiction. You can make up whatever you fucking want, because it's NOT REAL.
>>
>>322767008

/v/ is full of twelve year olds

SJW's appreciate Toby for making a character who'd make them shut the fuck up and they somehow think Toby is an SJW
>>
>>322766727
nah, the guy who made that edit was extremely salty.
Undertale is actually a pretty okay game.
I'd say pirate it if you don't want to support the dev, but at least give it a try if you were thinking about getting it before.
>>
>>322767016
look mate...can you atleast try to make me bite?
>>
the Devs of Sunset
>>
>>322766727
Are you serious?
>>
>>322767136
I dont see why people make such a huge deal about frisk
>>
>>322766666
Hail Satan
>>
>>322766727
I mean look at this https://twitter.com/FwugRadiation/status/684044995591036929
>>
>>322767323

You already have man. The game is just bad. Some cool concepts, some awful execution.

>>322767591

If SJW's like it, even if it's good, we have to hate it. The character was made to avoid trouble and yet here we are.
>>
>>322767829
well thank you for atleast kinda trying right now but that still isnt enough :/ sorry bud
>>
>>322767025

Then why set it in a copyright universe and try and sell it as such to that crowd?

Atleast Warhammer 40K Chess keeps to fucking lore, Atleast for all the shit spewn in Soulstorm it kept the feeling of the universe there...

This is the level of someone trying to make the 'Desu-RainbowKittySparkleNya Legion' the main characters of the game and expect people to pay for it.

It's like if I was told I was getting a 'Gears of War' game. Favorite franchise of mine. I love the dark gloomy atmosphere.

If you sold it to me as a Cooking Mama spinoff and everything is fancy. I am going to hate it.

You can make a Call of Duty WW2 shooter and people will be hyped. But if you then in the same game put Hitler as a Fat woman of colour, A lot of people are going to ask 'Whhhhhhyyyy'
>>
File: 1447115675173.png (159 KB, 1360x913) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447115675173.png
159 KB, 1360x913
>>322767607

>I understand people won't like my game, a game that uses mechanics that aren't popular at all these days

Wow, what an asshole.
>>
>>322767607
>It's okay to not like my game
I don't really see the problem with this one, other than sounding a little arrogant.
desu I think he meant that post for his fanbase, because of how fucking overzealous they are.
>>
>>322767896

Alright. Thanks for the (You)'s, man
>>
File: 1449014294848.png (64 KB, 1314x198) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449014294848.png
64 KB, 1314x198
>>322760837
No, Toby is actually pretty based.
If you see any over-agressive Undertale posting, then you safely assume its cripple-chan cross-posters.
>>
>>322768435
no problem champ have another one they are free after all :)
>>
>>322762958
Now he now's how Andrew Hussie feels.
>>
File: Untitled.png (294 KB, 299x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
294 KB, 299x700
>>322762453
>>322762545
>>322762639
>>322762781
>>322762928
>>322763132
>how to completely misunderstand the world around you and your own livelihood, the post

>turns out if you make story-less, no-variety, single-environment, arcade-style borderline-cellphone games people expect to pay mobile/arcade pricing for them and you need numbers to make up your costs!

>Who would have fucking thunk it. Hey, I know how I can get more paying customers: by straight up saying "fuck our paying customers, they literally do not matter!" Surely that will attract the thousands of paying customers I just said I needed to break even!

>Oh fuck, steam has refunds now? What could go wrong?
This is fucking why devs need PR people
>>
>>322768573
Link me that quote or I'm calling bullshit.
>>
File: 1451950436596.gif (2 MB, 271x233) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451950436596.gif
2 MB, 271x233
>>322767010
>tripfag
>shitposter
of course
>>
>>322768263
>>322768338
I was defending Toby
>>
>>322768853
Victim mentality at its final stage. If you are going to focus on the negative and blame the industry or the business world or even hilariously enough your customer, you don't deserve to participate in the free market, and it will chew you up and spit you out.

Sadly a majority of indie devs just remain that. This is a classic example of how.
>>
Is there any game made by /v/ ? why not ?


>inb4 we're aninimousse
>>
File: 1447972405176.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447972405176.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>322762453
>>322762545
>>322762639
>>322762781
>>322762928
>>322763132

This is why you should never support indie devs. I'm actually triggered...do they have a studio? I want to throw a ball of my shit at their window.
>>
>>322760624
HG101 advertise her games in the form of article. Then again, HG101 is SJW site. Not as terrible as NeoGAF but still...
>>
Did PF or Anitta actually got into trouble for lying about getting hacked?
>>
>>322762781
>Once upon a time, back in the early 2000s or so, games would sell for about $20 or so.
What?
>>
>>322759386
All of them? Including konjak? Yacht Club Games? Locomalito? And many others that focus on making awesome games and not at spamming at social media?
>>
>>322759386
Nah not all of them

That said PF was the worst kind of hipster among hipsters, he even started to just randomly trim his beard once he realized his looks wasn't that uncommon
>>
File: IMG_9007_8x10_3AJ.jpg (154 KB, 480x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_9007_8x10_3AJ.jpg
154 KB, 480x600
>>322759386
do not insult based dingaling
>>
>>322766429
The kind of response an asshole would give.
>>
>>322767010

>tripfag
>calling out a weeb

fucking hysterical
>>
>>322759114
>implying I know even the names of those indie-nobodies
>>
>>322768573
Rebumping my question:

Is this quote real or not? Because I seriously doubt he'd even bother mentioning SJWs/GG.
>>
File: 1435505912991.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435505912991.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>322767010
Tripfag in charge of causing shitposting, what a world.
>>
File: 32652435262.png (96 KB, 585x702) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
32652435262.png
96 KB, 585x702
>>322760643

That edit is literally a fag filter, faggot.
>>
>>322759752
Well I am not fan of FNAF games but he is Christian (not like this is pros but it's for context for what comes next) ...and he donates shit load of his income to foundations.

Honestly, if you were him you would milk the shit out of naive fanbase as well.
>>
>People still hating Phil Fish

All he did was talk back to people who were insulting him. Oh and he also made one of the most original indie puzzle platformers ever.

Can't you people fucking think for yourselves and form your own opinions without just accepting the hivemind?
>>
>>322773464
Not one mechanic is Fez is original.
>>
File: download.jpg (138 KB, 800x468) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
138 KB, 800x468
>>322759752
>People bitch about Scott as if FNAF was the only series he's ever made.
Do your research son, his older games, are really cool.
>>
>>322773464
>he also made one of the most original indie puzzle platformers ever
>>
>>322773548
Who was talking about mechanics? The puzzles were original.
>>
>>322764174
He did that with every release practically.

I remember when he distributed FNAF2 to streamers for a "sneak peek" and basically beta testing. They didn't even have access to all of the nights or whatever.

Hours after some streams showcased it, it was officially released.
>>
>>322773464
>All he did was talk back to people who were insulting him.
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Phil_Fish
>>
>>322773464
phil pls
>>
>>322773693
Alright, so what? I could make a Tetris clone and add an extra block formation. That doesn't make it good. Also, Fez is not a platformer. It'd be like calling CoD a shooter if your bullets automatically tracked to the head of every enemy in the level and then you just walked through the rest of it.

You can't die in Fez. There's literally no challenge. I'm surprised more people don't bring that up when making fun of other walking simulators.
>>
>>322771962
I hear he went insane, is this true?
>>
>>322774160
No.
>>
>>322773947
So basically you either never played Fez or played it using a guide?
>>
Even if you don't like Cave Story because of how loose it is, design-wise, at least Kero Blaster after the update, anyways is fucking incredible.

Also the fact that pixel made his own music engine multiple times is cool, too.
>>
File: 1362271398706.jpg (23 KB, 515x515) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1362271398706.jpg
23 KB, 515x515
>>322760643
The funny thing is, Toby has done nothing wrong. He released undertale and THAT'S IT. He has kept his mouth fucking shut this entire time. Yet people are still fucking ass blasted that he hasn't given them any ammo.
>>
>>322774445
I did play Fez. I payed 15 bucks for it at launch before I even knew who made it because I thought it looked neat. Little did I know that it controlled like molasses, you can't die, and the dialogue was just fucking filled with shitty memes and references and nothing else.
>>
>>322774704
>Toby has done nothing wrong

He neglected some of his Kikestarter goals
>>
>>322763045
Reminder that pixel made another game recently called Kero Blaster and it's really fucking good
>>
>>322774743
>you can't die
>the goal of every game should be not dying

Okay let me rephrase, you played Fez for like 20 minutes. You hit a wall when you got to a puzzle that was too difficult for you because it wasn't pushing fucking crates onto switches. So you quit and you are now judging it as if it were a Super Mario game.
>>
>>322774773
So is he working on them or did he scrap them? Because if the former, the game took fucking forever to be released, no one should be surprised.
>>
>>322774812
>released in 2014
>recently
>>
>>322774938
I stopped playing because I was getting bored of the EPIC Navi references, the awful controls, the lack of challenge, and the realization that it was just another indie collectathon that pads out the game by forcing you to do repetitive puzzles to unlock doors so you could read more EPIC Navi references and do more repetitive puzzles.
>>
>>322759114
Phil Fish is actually an okay dude IRL.

Source: I'm Canadian, so I automatically know him.
>>
>>322774773
Like what?
The secret boss is, according to Toby, "already in the game".
The comics are still in the works.
The physical patches are going to be shipped out with the physical copies of the game.
The "And...?" goal refers to the fact that he's working on another game using the excess kickstarter money, which is allegedly "Shrouded in darkness." He recently posted on his twitter that he's working on something, and used that same description.
The alarm clock app is also being worked on.
The art PDF is being put together.

The only goal he actually dropped was the manual.
>>
>>322775034
Zangyou Mode/Steam release happened pretty recently.
>>
>>322774943
Now that he's a millionaire I'm not really inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he wanted to finish his stretch goals he could.
>>
>>322774943
Scrapped a hidden boss that was promised in the kickstarter goals.

He said besides bug fixes he is not updating undertale anymore
>>
File: tall guy.png (341 KB, 1064x528) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tall guy.png
341 KB, 1064x528
>>322759114
From what I played of Fez it was pretty comfy though and Disasterpeace is p good at music I guess personality wise he's pretty bad. He'll be a tranny soon I'm sure.
>>
>>322759386
The devs from Hotline Miami 2 told Australian players to pirate the game when it was censored in Australia. They even released a patch to the pirate version because they didn't want people to miss the fun in the game.
>>
>>322775290
Not to mention that update also added new secret stages to NG+ that you have to beat to get the seperate peices of the Kuro Blaster.


They're fucking spooky.
>>
>>322775297
Wow that's pretty fucked up. I know he's probably bored of the game to death but he should deliver on his promises.
>>
>>322759114
Johnathan blow. With their powers combined, they are: BLOWFISH! Here to kill videogames for everyone!

Also one of the most important worst devs: notch. Proud pioneer of early access, the jewest tactic to date!
>>
>>322775434
Are those stages secrets? I'm almost done with the regular game and I don't want to bother going through NG+ if there are missable secret stages.
>>
File: 1333937245827.gif (32 KB, 810x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1333937245827.gif
32 KB, 810x800
>>322760643
>How to make people discard your opinion instantly
>>
>>322775381
> being lazy and not appealing
> telling Australians just to accept being fucked over
> encouraging bad habits

Yeah top blokes
>>
>>322775579
You can only get to them in NG+, because they all need equipment you don't have at the time. (Green Weapon, Jetpack, and Flamethrower for each peice). You don't unlock NG+ until you beat Zangyou anyways, so don't worry about it.
>>
>>322775692
Good, you brought me the problems, now give me a solution.
>>
>>322760643
Pretty much spot on.
>>
>>322760690
>Nobody should give a shit about the opinion on some e-celeb.
He printed the fucking twit and put it on his fridge.
>>
>>322760312
This is pretty funny.
Any moron can tell this is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.
>>
>>322776086
Found the retard!
>>
All the truth about most indie games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc26EKhZNyM
>>
>>322775381
>copy-paste one of the hundreds of top-down shooters on free flash game site
>don't even bother to give it good graphics or a good story or anything
>ask money for it
SO BASED XD
>>
>>322776086
Any moron can tell that it isn't tongue-in-cheek. Whoever this dev is, he obviously got sucked into some pointless e-drama and thinks other dumbasses like TB are his "enemies". It's pretty pathetic, really. Especially since the tweet he's sperging about isn't even that insulting. Total Asscancer just said it wasn't he type of game.
>>
>>322760281
I disagree, when you have a meme game, you need to ride the meme wave.

People go their whole lives without ever even getting the chance to cash in on sperglord retardation. Pump out garbage, save money, buy a house.

Eventually your 15 mins will fade, make sure you capitalize.
>>
>>322764032
Then there are jerk-offs like Jim Sterling who feels like they have a hand in the creation on FNAF because he was part of the crowed who panned Scott's first creations
>>
>>322759752

Scott made a Desolate Hope, His main faggotry is not making another one.
>>
>>322760312
maybe he's just happy that now he's being discussed by e-celebs. If I was an indie dev and totalquickshit talked about not liking it i'd probably be pretty happy
>>
>>322776286
That wasn't a solution to how allow Autralians players to play the game. You really are one of those who doesn't know when to stop.
>>
>>322764174
He has to capitalize on the hype, once the hype dies down no one will care no more. Why do you think nobody cares bout the Slenderman Spinoffs?
>>
>>322775261
The digital manual? I think he had to drop that because of how the new Gamemaker compiler works (basically makes it impossible to modify files stored locally).
But hey, at least Undertale can now probably run on a machine from 2001. Thanks, yoyogames.
>>
File: big spooky man.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
big spooky man.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
>>322759960
Jumpscares are scary. That's why I think Fatal Frame and Outlast are the best horror games I've ever played. Great jump scares
>>
>>322760643
i knew it was coming sooner or later, and would get guaranteed replies
>>
>>322776938
Looks like a super mutant.
>>
>>322760643
But Toby is basically the left side.
>>
File: Mewgenics never.jpg (149 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Mewgenics never.jpg
149 KB, 1280x721
>>322759114
>releases a half-assed expansion
>still has the nerve to work on another one shortly after and make people pay for it
>>
>>322777323
well he is a mutant and some would say that he's super too
>>
>>322776938
Yeah, but they need good buildup, and when you know exactly the noise, image, and when it's going to happen it becomes shitty. Outlast and fatal frame had ambiance and variety and that's why they worked. Just chucking the same jumpscare at the screen is cheap...
>>
>>322777325
And /v/ is on the right because he has never said any of that shit. Only people complaining about the game's appeal talk like that.
>>
File: 1447116655575.png (245 KB, 519x741) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447116655575.png
245 KB, 519x741
>>322777363
>>
>>322777520
I agree with that. I'm just saying jumpscares are like the pay off for horror to me. Otherwise it's just creepy shit and I don't think just being creepy is horror.
>>
>>322777363
This.
>people still suck his tiny prick
>>
>ctrl+f zachary barth

plebs
>>
>>322760189
lel probability and statistics is theoretical not absolute

im going to kill myself
>>
>>322777675
that post is entirely reasonable
>>
>>322759114
>The only one I can think of is Phil
http://steamcommunity.com/app/210970/discussions/1/

guess who
>>
>>322778603
That's the point. Edmund as a person is a cool guy. I can't speak on the quality of BoI or Fingered since I don't play them. I did love SMB though.
>>
>>322760692
Daniel Remar
>>
I'll tell you a bunch of indies that are BASED:

Yacht Club

I can't think of any other indie game that has as much love, hard work, and continual support from the devs as much as Shovel Knight has. I also can't think of any other indie dev that spends so much time making free DLC. Love those guys.
>>
>>322779204
>I'll tell you a bunch of indies that are BASED: Yacht Club

>greedy cunts who put Shovel fag on sale for no mroe than 40% for 506 BIG SALES already

Greedy cunts are greedy
Alos, fuck off shill
>>
>>322779204
>making free DLC

Well it wasn't exactly "free" since it was part of the goals of the kickstarter campaign but agree with the rest
>>
File: 1444679056166.jpg (44 KB, 854x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444679056166.jpg
44 KB, 854x480
>>322777675
this shit is fucking spot-on m8
>>
>>322780234

>muh Pee Cee steam gaems must be $0.99 or i'll boycott and pirate the gaems le Pee Cee musterd race

Shut up poorfag

>>>/r/PCmasterrace
>>
>>322780646
>>>/b/
wrong turn faggot
>>
>>322760692

Terry Cavanagh seems alright. Haven't heard much of anything about him since VVVVVV, though.
>>
>>322760189
>in this video, i'll show the changes for overgrowth alpha 486, which you can try if you were one in six women who have been raped
>>
>>322760692

tobyfox
>>
>>322781543
>and if you let me rape you I will give access to build 668-next-pre-prealpha
>>
>buyfag is mad
kek
>>
>>322759386

That includes the FTL devs too, right?
>>
>>322763191
Apparently raising fake controversy can't make a shit game not shit. For all the drama he tried to drum up for himself, he's pretty much forgotten by the industry.
>>
>>322775381
They also put a rape trigger warning at the start of Hotline Miami 2, which I don't have any issue with but apparently /v/ does.
>>
>>322773596

Best Scott game ever.
>>
>>322759386

All the American/Canadian ones at least.
>>
>>322760312

Titan Souls sucks hard though
>>
The guy making That Which Sleeps

INFINITE DELAY TRAIN
>>
>>322782738
that retard was an artist he had no part in gameplay making

that being said TS is pgood
>>
>>322775297
what boss? was it ever announced or was it just some shit he never clearly indicated?
>>
>>322769065
>>322773167
It isn't real, as far as I can tell. The first half of it seems to be inspired by this tweet he made
https://twitter.com/FwugRadiation/status/667157828377960448
but the rest of it only links back to reddit, in which no one provided proof when asked.
>>
>>322781684
10/10 joke would laugh again.
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 41
Thread DB ID: 362534



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.