[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: cat.jpg (406KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
406KB, 1366x768px
Why did gaming have to go to utter shit? Why are there no good games to play anymore?

You know those games where you just couldn't wait to wake up or get home from school and play? There's just nothing like that out there anymore. Everything's DLC this, micro transaction that and every game is made with no passion put into it anymore.

RTS games are now basically MOBA games which is really ironic. MMOs are always dead on arrival, excluding the 5 million Blizzdrones who for whatever reason still support WoW. The most popular games in the world today are Minecraft (a game that allows kids to build penises out of virtual blocks all day), League of Legends (for never feeling appreciated for accomplishments and not being worthy of life for any human error) and fucking Hearthstone (for people who love spending money and insane rng).

I keep trying popular games that pop up on Steam and some of them are fun for a day or two but then they just dry out really quickly. Why can't there just be that one game where you're excited to play, you wake up and can't wait to play it again?
>>
>>322753703
you sound depressed and that probably has very little to do with the state of the video game industry
>>
>>322753836
Are you implying the state of the industry isn't utter shit?
>>
>>322753836

>modern gaming sucks ball
>LOL YOU ARE DEPRESSED/GROW OUT OF VIDEOGAMES/TIRED GAMER GENERAL

EVERY
SINGLE
FUCKING
TIME
>>
>>322753930
I don't know, I had fun with a lot of games released in 2015 and I sure as fuck am spending a lot less per game than I did when I was a kid. Just picked up all 3 Witcher games for $20 or something.
>>
>>322753930
I don't really pay attention to it.
But there are definitely games I've been finding that I like, games I'm waiting on that have me excited, and games I just got that I still need time to get around to playing.

If the big name devs aren't making things you like, maybe you should range further afield. It's not like you played every game that came out 2005-2010, did you?
>>
You're right.
The gaming industry has gone to shit. Games are no longer about fun, they're now just a way for a company to scam people and make money out of them. It's just DLC and microtransactions here and there.
>>
>>322753703
>>322753930
>>322754017
Get a new hobby and stop shitting up this board.
>>
>>322754410
They're not doing a very good job of it then, I had fun with the last several games I've played
>>
>>322754479
Yes, wouldn't want to shit up a board that's mostly a bunch of autistic weebs and people fighting over how every game sucks in every thread.
>>
File: kojima-main.jpg (152KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
kojima-main.jpg
152KB, 700x500px
Because you are probably an adult with no accomplishments that uses vidya as a distraction.

Or

Hipster
>>
There's plenty good vidya around, infact i feel like i barely have enough time to enjoy them all. Same with books
>>
>>322754763
My wallet is crying from 2016 already.
Seriously this year looks so gud for vidya.
>>
>>322754849
>>322754763
Investor cucks
>>
File: 2015-12-11-12-01-27.gif (1MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11-12-01-27.gif
1MB, 853x480px
>>322754931
Maybe you just need to try some new games, OP.
>>
>>322753703
Because people like you pushed it there without standards. You set the stage for assholes like
>>322753836
and >>322754396
and >>322754479
and>>322754550
and >>322754763
and >>322754849
>>
>>322753703
Because normies happened upon videogames.

Back then playing videogames was shunned and viewed for 'nerds', 'losers' and social outcasts.

Only until the turn of the century that the normies (the ones who do business, not the ones who consume) saw that the videogame industry is raking in lots of money comparable to hollywood film-making.

They took this opportunity to 'expand' upon videogames which catered to their own normie audience (reaching a broader audience rings any bells?) and thus were able to rake in even more money.

A couple decades ago videogames were the product of joy, passion and determination by the developers who saw the magic of videogames.

WoW is a good example, vanilla and BC were an absolutely incredible and memorable experience but after WoTLK it all went down the shitter when Activi-Blizzard tried to cater to a larger audience, dumbing down and simplifying WoW while at the same time killing the sense of community that was one of the greatest factors on why it made the game so great.

Now what you get is a sea of shit videogames with every once in a blue moon you get a very good game but unfortunately will still cater to normies.

TL;DR FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>322755404
>>>/vr/
Go cry there please
>>
>>322754479

The last 2 year have been awful, ps4 still only has bloodborne as a head turning exclusive, the Wii u got shit for all despite Nintendo fans claiming about splatoon being the best thing ever and GOTY and... I don't even know what to say about the xbone

And why would it be a surprise? Konami died, namco doesn't give a fuck anymore, square enix only releases trailer and capcom (who i think at this point is the least shitty of them, let that sink in) only lives sustained by monster hunter and street fighter

Look at the list of best rated game this year and what will you find? MGSV? The sandbox game that disappointed everyone? Or fallout 4? The sandbox game that disappointed everyone? Oh, i know, tumblrtale! That 3 hour indie game that look like shit that at least is not a sandbox game

Literaly the only reason 2016 look exciting is because all the big game that were supposed to release on 2015 got delayed, finaly even final fantasy will be ruined by this hilarious sandbox meme

But NOOOOOOOOOOPE
it's me, i'm the one wrong, excuse me while i go drown myself in a real sandbox
>>
OP you need to calm down. A good game stays good long after people stop talking about it there are literally tons if great games to play you just need to let go of anything coming out in 2015/16 being worthwhile and go play some games you should have played when they came out. Or dive into unexplored genres. With the sheer amount of games out there don't tell me there's nothing worth playing, that's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>322753703
You're just playing the wrong games.
>>
>>322755176
Is this infinifactory?
>>
>>322753703
It's called getting older, fucking retard.

The feelings you are longing for is being a kid with a heart full of wonder. But it won't happen.
>>
>>322753836
Well said, Bobby Kotick
>>
>>322758048
It is. It's a great game, more accessible than SpaceChem too, at least in my experience.
>>
File: n1178426973_262797_8828.jpg (30KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
n1178426973_262797_8828.jpg
30KB, 604x453px
Industry is a fucking mess, yes. But you know what, ignorance is a bliss. The less you know about any of this, or care at this point, you gonna feel batter. You can't fucking fix the jews, so stick with your world with your friends, and play games for ya own state of mine, not caring about any of that. And that just about gaming industry, look around everything else, it's literally shit everywhere. The less you give a fuck the batter you gonna feel.
>>
>>322757331

This OP. There's tons of good shit out there from eras past. When will these "no good games" meme end? It doesnt have to havw come out fifteen minutes ago to be worth your time
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.