[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

things that put you off trying games/franchises >50s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 16

things that put you off trying games/franchises

>50s theme and music
>>
The 50s aesthetic is fine but Bethesda do not know how to be subtle and as a result shove it down your throat at every opportunist while making like half of the radio music about radiation and bombs
>>
All of the Frank Sinatra shit in New Vegas.
>>
any World war shooter
>>
really goofy music
>>
>>322745262
No, obsidrone, it was shit even when Black Isle did it.
>>
undertale's fanbase
>>
File: gfs_17908_2_2.jpg (4KB, 144x224px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_17908_2_2.jpg
4KB, 144x224px
>>322745262
>>322746161
It was never shit and it isn't now.

>not having a custom vaporwave, chillwave and downtempo soundtrack
>2012
>>
File: 125 years later.png (271KB, 1276x557px) Image search: [Google]
125 years later.png
271KB, 1276x557px
>>322745262
how did this happen
>>
>>322751450
>pipe pistol
>literally a raider gun made from scraps
>posting non-upgraded versions of other weapons for even better effect
nice bait
>>
>>322751612
how is it bait? the whole aesthetic and style was changed to look rustic when it was futuristic in the original
>>
>>322751450

West Coast >>>>>> East Coast
>>
>>322749000
>listening to anything but white noise
>any year
>>
>>322751612
It's only semibait. Comparing a pipe pistol to the .223 is silly, but it's a reasonable point of criticism. Weapons in Fallout 1 and 2 (and some in New Vegas) are fairly futuristic and clean looking but Bethesda just decided to take the super rustic approach even though their games take place even further in the future than 1 and 2.
>>
>>322745019
>>322745262
The music isn't really from the 50s though
>>
File: 1449692661185.jpg (988KB, 1830x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449692661185.jpg
988KB, 1830x900px
Blind/hypocritical fanbase
Anime game
Discussion on /a/idya only about "X is best girl, muh whyfoo" (any game with 33% female cast on this board falls into this category)
>>
>>322746161
It was hardly even noticable in 1 and 2 you faggot
>>
>>322749000
>mememusic that wasn't even cool in 2012
ok dude
>>
any game series that is so popular everyone i know who plays it forces it down my throat regardless if I even wanted to play a videogame at that time.
>DUDE YOU GOTTA TRY IT ITS THE GOTY
idc it doesnt look that interesting i might buy it if its on sale
>WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU DONT PLAY *game* ???!?!

shit like that will just make me hate the game and any sequels that it will eventually produce
>>
>>322756721
everytime i see this picture posted i just laugh, because the guy posting it just try to shove it down everyone's throat in the most unrelated threads.
how does one get such perseverence
>>
>>322756919
Working drive-through...
>SO WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE MASS EFFECT 3 ENDING
Y-you too?
>>
File: 1345902816231.jpg (78KB, 496x749px) Image search: [Google]
1345902816231.jpg
78KB, 496x749px
>>322756721
Borderlands 2 is shit though. Goddamn I fucking hated the story and literally every character except handsome jack. Maymays making their way in for no fucking reason (non game ones you fuck) is only a small contributing factor.
>>
>>322745019
>You're our only hope!
>FOOLISH GODLIKE HERO, YOU SHALL NEVER DEFEAT ME

why can't we play just average fucking joes anymore? this is the shit that killed Diablo 3, WoW, etc
>>
>>322756805
If funny how 50's!! the Fallout games ended up based on the presence of a magic TV in the longplay cutscene of FO1.
>>
Overbearing and distracting side quests.
>>
>>322745787
Have there even been any noteworthy WW shooters in the past few years?
>>
>>322745019

Marysue non-customizable Main Character that writers try so hard to make him a "badass"
>>
>>322758785
medal of honor frontline was fun to play while stoned
>>
>>322759352
DUDE WEED LMAO XDDDD
>>
>>322758404

This.

I find extremely retarded that the character would waste their time with minor/trivial tasks for other people that are not even related to the main goal.
>>
>>322758785
Nope. We're due one soon. Not been any major ones since 2008. People are getting tired of Modern Warfare era and want to go back to the good old days.

I'm hoping they'll be brave and try it from the German perspective for once.

>slotting a commie piece of shit with a Kar-98
That's heavenly.
>>
>>322758186

Games where you're just an errand boy suck.

In the best RPGs out there you are someone important (ex: Revan, the Exile, The chosen one, Nerevarine, bhaalspawn, etc.)
>>
>>322759250
>geralt is a marysue
when will this meme end?
>>
>>322760319
how is he not?
>>
>>322756721
>Liking a game with Anthony Burch's writing

Literally the most ham handed inserts of political correctness and meme references I have ever seen.
>>
>>322745019
I feel the same OP, it just doesn't appeal to me, probably for this >>322745262 sort of reason. It feels so forced and unnatural, like the game was just put in that time period for the hell of it or just so it could have that aesthetic instead of an actual legit reason.

Other things that put me off:
>Excessive anime (Games like Valkyria Chronicles aren't too bad in this regard because they at least balance it with decent gameplay, story and visuals)
>Any "early access" survival game like H1Z1
>Most FPS (only good one I can think of that came out recently is the new Wolfenstein, honestly all the others look boring as fuck)
>Multiplayer with cash shop
>Day one DLC
>>
>>322745019
>things that put you off trying games/franchises
The name of the game is the main selling point. Once that happens I drop a series.
>>
>>322760319

>Every women out there is crazy for your dick, despite you being a poor, old, freakish hobo

>Everyone figure of authority treats you with utmost respect, even when they have no reason to do so

>The last member of a supersecretclub of super ninja magicians monster hunters that also know how to make potions and are knowledgeable about everything in the world

>Has to save the world

He is pretty much the definition of marysue
>>
>>322760021
I don't necessarily mean errand boy. Just random shmuck who gives the mission a try. Not to say "chosen one" games aren't bad, but it makes it terrible when you're constantly having your back patted for being the hero of the universe.

Diablo 1 and 2:
>Oh hey, there's some fucked up shit going on in this town I'm visiting. Wonder if I can help out in any way
Diablo 3:
>IT IS MY SWORN DESTINY AS NEPHALEM TO BE THE SAVIOR OF PEOPLES AND DESTROY THE DEMONS BECAUSE EVERYBODY SAYS SO
>>
>>322760429
>A Mary Sue or Gary Stu or Marty Stu is an idealized fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities. Often but not necessarily this character is recognized as an author insert and/or wish-fulfillment.

geralt is about a hundred years old, a seasoned witcher who is only really good at killing. That's literally all he's good at.

The only friends he has are zoltan and dandelion. the common people are repulsed by him, and the local lords barely tolerate his presence.

he does jobs for money, not to be the hero that everybody dreams about

He is far from a perfect character
>>
Anime art style
>>
>>322759913
Or basically any non-english perspective would be fantastic.
>>
>Game is made by Frenchmen
Kind of sucks, I want to try out Endless legend.
>>
>>322755684

Could easily be reconciled with a backstory of a dark ages occuring.
>>
>>322755684

>Weapons in Fallout 1 and 2 (and some in New Vegas) are fairly futuristic and clean looking

Futuristic? Yes.

Clean looking? Not in FO1. FO2 and FNV are the only games with clean tacticool weapons.
>>
>>322760878
figures of authority barely tolerate him. have you read any of the books? they're utterly repulsed by his proficiency in murder.

He's not the last member, and he isn't knowledgeable about everything in the world. in fact, his only expertise is in monsters, which makes sense because he is a monster-slayer. He consults the cult of Melitele for medicine. And consults mages on magic.

he doesn't have to save the world you mouth-breathing retard. In the witcher 3, his entire motiv3 is to save Ciri.
>>
>>322761608

>He doesn't know the french make the best games+comics

baka desu senpai
>>
>>322761214
>the common people are repulsed by him

he bangs dozens of women in every game

i like him, but come on, all of these things are superficial flaws

>the world hates me because i'm so awesome
>>
When a former badass devolves into an unfunny meme.
>>
>>322756721
I hate both of those tho, mostly because borderlands helped ruin a relationship and I was still mad about colonial marines
>>
>>322751450
>bethesda
>>
>>322751450
new generation of retarded game developers
>>
>>322763684
>mostly because borderlands helped ruin a relationship

Hmmm.... Anthony is that you?
>>
The world has gone mad today! And good's bad today! and black's white today! and day's night today!

Admit it. You jammed to it
>>
>>322760319
>Strongest/most skilled warrior and hunter in the world
>Women are literally unable to resist his charms
>always holds the moral high ground
>People who treat him with contempt are always made out to be utter fools
>has access to magic bullshit powers and abilities that just make him plain better than everyone else

I'm not sure the exact technical definition of marysue applies because people like to be autistically precise about it, but I think that's close enough.

Honestly his only real flaw is that he has shit taste in women. Triss and Yen both suck.
>>
>>322756721
>one has its entire game/lore built around the references. you are literally playing as personification of consoles or companies
>other uses memes and references constantly to try and be funny even though they have no place within the universe

yeah nice comparison faggot
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1451331200461.webm
>>
File: Stuff.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Stuff.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>322751450
Bethesda's laser weaponry looks better.
Kind of agree on the shotgun though and the pipe shit is just bait because I found the pipe weapons clever as fuck and seeing as how they are in the original Fallouts as well you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>mobile phones are evil
>it's terrible that people are on the phones because they are
>closer yet further away
>we need more real contact with people

This shit is fucking everywhere and it's fucking obnoxious. It's in art, movies games fuck people think they are so deep when they use this shitty trope yet every one of these people use those phones on a daily basis because they are not actually bad it's just the in thing to say.
>>
>>322745019
>tfw i listen to this swing and jazz like this on the daily
But fucking bethseda putting so many songs about radiation in their soundtrack pissed me off. There are so many songs that are so much better than those that they skipped over for garbage.
>>
>>322765743

Vesemir is actually in universe the most skilled swordsman in the world and has more experience and thus knowledge of monsters than all the other remaining witchers alive.

Signs are trash when compared to real magic, fucking hell it's stated a million times even in the games that if normal people would just learn them they could do signs too.

So being a moral person is now a mary sue feature?

Plenty of women resist his charms, the ones most susceptible to him are sorceresses and they tend to make his life miserable.

The people that treat him with contempt are made out to be fools because the game is from his perspective, and regardless most of them are treating him with contempt because of stupid fucking reasons like thinking they know more about monsters than he does because they heard some stupid legend from a milk maid or some shit.
>>
File: IMG_6557.jpg (1MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6557.jpg
1MB, 1536x2044px
The assault rifle of FO4 was going to be a machine gun to be used with PA, the chinese assault rifle was going to make a return, but it was scrapped at some point in development.
>>
File: 2455-3-1448340453.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2455-3-1448340453.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
>>322767705
The model is pretty detailed, but it lacks textures
>>
>>322767820

Hope modders texture that bitch, is the model still in the games files?
To be honest if it's still in the files they will probably add it in an expansion.
>>
>>322767452
We both know Geralt would beat Vesemir. That's the way of the Witcherverse.

It's not only signs, but physical prowess as well. Enhanced strength, agility, endurance, reflexes, etc.

Yes, when the game is populated by evil or ignorant buffoons who seem completely dumbfounded when he deigns to explain to them that rape and murder are bad, and that they should be as upstanding and pure-hearted as the legendary Geralt.

Barely any desirable women aren't lusting after his gigantic cock.

The disdain for Geralt makes very little sense. It's only that way in the first place to drum up pity points for him, and make it even grander when he eventually proves his infallible magnificence to everyone for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>322766754
wait a second is that skub?
>>
>>322769678

Now you're stretching.

Geralt defeating Vesemir is legit unlikely, however since it is a fight that would never have happened in a serious manner it's a moot point.

Geralt has the physical prowess because he is a witcher. Witcher is more than a mere profession it is an artificial offshot of humanity created through alchemical and magical mutation not to mention his own physical training.

I'm not even going to explain to you how bullshit this one is, if you've actually played any of the games you know how fucking retarded this statement is.

Phillipa, Ciri, Saskia, Cynthia, and Sile just to name a few.
Really the only women that Geralt has been with in the games that legitimately cared about him was Triss, Yennefer and Shani, and most of the others have just been flings or in the case of Keira she's just sleeping with him to distract him from her real plan which actually happens more often than not in the books.

People are disdainful of him because he's a killer for hire and a mutant, how does that make no sense?
>>
>>322767705
>we didn't plan on giving the player too many options
hahaaha you can say that again
>>
>>322770443

Ice cream actually. This ice cream shop in Jacksonville Florida makes their ice cream to order on a cold plate that's 30 degrees below zero.
>>
>>322755684
they are both bolt action pistols, thats why they were compared
>>
>>322766754
there's only the pipe rifle in FO2
>>
storyline with clearly leftist bias
>>
File: 1438932967088.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438932967088.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
>>322745019
>there are people who blow up the institute to get rid the only station that plays DECENT music
>>
>>322771039
Truly Bethesda are heathens because as we know sequels can never add anything new to the world.
>>
File: bae.gif (434KB, 209x198px) Image search: [Google]
bae.gif
434KB, 209x198px
>>322745019
>game is melee based

>Witcher series
>Elder Scrolls series
>Assassins Creed series
>Mad Max game
>Batman series
>Dark Souls series

I just fucking hate melee based combat.
>>
File: rNFWY5p[1].jpg (740KB, 2500x1916px) Image search: [Google]
rNFWY5p[1].jpg
740KB, 2500x1916px
>>322766754
>Bethesda's laser weaponry looks better
nah nigga. nah.
>>
>>322770443
You best be anti-skub
>>
>>322761138
its even worse in MMOs since there are literally thousands of you doing the same thing
>>
>>322771252
Yes
>>
File: worldofwarcraft.gif (135KB, 720x310px) Image search: [Google]
worldofwarcraft.gif
135KB, 720x310px
>>322771253
>>Elder Scrolls series
Bruh
>>
>>322771253
behold the cawwadooty generation
>>
File: PlasmaDefenderFNV.png (1MB, 1750x1100px) Image search: [Google]
PlasmaDefenderFNV.png
1MB, 1750x1100px
this is an energy weapon that obsidian had brought back.

notice the quality of the weapon compared to the middle school science fair project toy that bethesda came up with because MUH PERPETUAL 50'S CULTURE prevented them from making serious technological advancements IN THE YEAR 2077.

bethesda even had the fucking balls to claim that the heap of dumpster scrap shoddily put together was actually used by the military during the war. what a fucking joke.
>>
>>322771039
There's also a zip gun. Lenny the ghoul carries it and you can get it from him if he joins your party.
>>
>>322773071
Only in the restoration patch
it's cut content
>>
>>322771742
I dont even play call of duty.

Im fine with deep rpgs. Melee combat is just so fucking boring and repetitive for me, its the same few
moves over and over.

Recently picked up the witcher, put 20 hours into it, couldnt get into it, dropped it because it just didnt
click with me. I am however still looking forward to Cyberpuunk 2077, which I hope will have the
same depth as the Witcher, but be set in the future so we have much more variety in the combat.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.