>>322703034 he's actually right. Dialogue already shown in the English footage is overall superior. Examples being Jakob not being as obsessed with the main character and Azura not being as unnecessarily vague about half the things she says.
>>322702160 Not OP but, the plots of Nohr and the third route are hilariously bad. Hoshido's plot is passable for a FE game, but nothing special.
I played it in Japanese when it first released over there. They're still really fun games (Nohr route especially), but the writing is honestly some of the worst I've ever seen. And I've seen some shit. Others who know Japanese and have played or who spoiled themselves silly generally agree.
They originally hired a light novel writer to do the basic outline for them. That's strike one.
They made it so both versions had events that parallel despite being stupid in one version or the other such as Aqua's dance attack on Garon, two siblings having to die, Garon in general, Lilith dying. That's strike two.
They then had to write Nohr and Hoshido is such a manner that you'd still want to play Touma, implementing stupid rules and reasons why information was locked for the Touma version. Strike Three.
Features were added or kept simply because they were what fans liked. The worst example being the contrivances for child units in this game. Strike Four.
>>322701903 Because after Awakening's massive success they realised they didn't even need to try writing a decent or engaging story anymore since people only cared about how many girls they could impregnate.
>>322701903 ISIS decided to higher a manga writer and then proceeded to only use his base outline of the story and write the rest of it themselves.
>>322702839 I'm playing the fan translation right now up to (chapter 4) and the gameplay is pretty good. Not the greatest SRPG ever made but enjoyable enough. You can ignore the Dating Sim aspect of you want to anyway.
I'm going to make a big list of things that should have never gotten past the idea phase.
1. Mikoto should have never been powering a barrier. Her death should have been Nohr taking advantage of Hoshido's instability at losing it's monarch, not because her magic HOSHIDODINDUNUFFIN barrier was removed.
2. The Fight Club Rule for Touma should never have been implemented. It's existence is pointless and only used for forced drama. Trying to convince your adopted siblings a magical kingdom ruled by a demon dragon that you have to make a suicide jump into a massive chasm would have been more than enough.
3. The Dance Assassination. Find another reason to justify Aqua getting a CGI dance for each version. Having innocent people be murdered over your attempt to assassinate Garon is not endearing. Having nobody but Kamui realize that Aqua tried to murder Garon with Dance in Nohr is even worse.
4. Garon's lunacy. With how devoted Marx is, there is no fucking reason that Garon should be the way he is when he's a fucking raving cartoon villain in every scene you see him.
5. Child units. No, the hyperbolic time chamber was a horrible idea and the popularity polls have proven that with how unliked the children are for the majority.
6. Hoshido's magic throne of "truth." The single worst justification for a character to agree to invade a nation ever.
>>322706213 Honestly adopting a child right in the middle of war just to pop them in some time chamber shit so they can grow up to help fight his parents battles makes about as much sense as anything else regarding children in that game, so they might as well have done it.
>>322706651 Not to mention, there's all sorts of magic in the fire emblem universe, why not some transformation or fertility spell to get homo kids? Doesn't make any less sense than being able to chuck lightning around because you're holding onto a book.
Found that's very important to me in rpgs. The sense of a cozy party of friends that grows to know each other over a journey. Games love to put entire worlds in danger, but when those worlds have nothing but soulless npcs in them, no wonder players will destroy them without a care.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the post's information.