[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Useless party members

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (16KB, 130x148px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 130x148px
recently beat this so I'll post this one
>>
True familia. Same goes for Kevin, Zane and Tita. They are useless as hell. I just can't see a reason why people should use them.
>>
Magus, fuck you.
>>
>>322648508
Tita seems pretty good. AOE damage normally, can blind almost every single enemy so they always miss, her healing is pretty nice.

Then again I'm barely on chapter 3, so that might change. So far she's rock solid, though.
>>
eh, her s-break is cool at least
I fucking hate Tita, though
>>
>tfw halfway throuhg the game and y party the entire time has been Estelle, Olivier, Schera and Kloe
>>
File: 1442791422840.png (195KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1442791422840.png
195KB, 512x384px
>>322648508
>he didn't get Thunder Kick
>he didn't use double Earth Wall
Really everyone has a role in the game, it's not like FC where if your team has anyone that isn't named Oliver or Kloe you're doing it horrible wrong. Even Tita is usable, albeit carefully, and Kloe isn't bad, just outshined by Kevin and Olivier due to 3 mandatory water slots. Yes, even Josette is usable. Not good, but usable.
>>
File: 2015-11-26_00005.jpg (486KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_00005.jpg
486KB, 1920x1080px
>>322648312
>900 ATS
>Aside of her SS she gets by default the best heal-all art
>You can easily get her all the Time Arts aside of all this

She's the ultimate sustain and magic attack machine. Her Kaempfer Craft also do wonders against bosses.
>>
>>322648508
>Kevin
The best support character in the game

>Zane
The highest Damage dealer in the game wih strongest s-craft, highest str, self buff that raises str and def by 60%, the boss killer, a bugged craft that lets him do more damage than an s-craft for 30cp, best candidate for the gladiator belt.

Please go bad to being bad at the game Agate shitter
>>
>>322649750
>it's not like FC where if your team has anyone that isn't named Oliver or Kloe you're doing it horrible wrong.

Kloe was pretty bad in FC too. If you ever need healing then Oliver's/Tita craft does the job much better, and they both have other roles they can fufill.
>>
File: Boney_SSBB_Sticker.png (3KB, 83x95px) Image search: [Google]
Boney_SSBB_Sticker.png
3KB, 83x95px
>>
>>322649794

>no heal craft
>useless impede craft
>shit physical attacks with even shittier mov and range
>debuff craft that gets resisted on bosses
>heal S-craft that is inferior to grail sphere in every way

Olivier does literally everything she does except better and if you want an actual damage dealer put str buff on someone like Estelle, Joshua, Mueller and do more damage than spell spam by just using attack.

Even better: use Zane, put on distend and do 3k damage per attack, literally free, all while not dying not having a cast time and having insane amounts of speed.
>>
WHYS IS EVERY FUCKING BOSS RESISTANT TO CONFUSION IN SC? FUUUUUCK THIS SHIT.
>>
>>322650546
They resist most things, including debuffs and at delay.
>>
File: 2016-01-04_00001.jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_00001.jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
>>322650397
>no heal craft
>useless impede craft
Why would you need an useless heal craft? This right here is all you will ever need.

>shit physical attacks with even shittier mov and range
Doesn't matter.

>debuff craft that gets resisted on bosses
It only gets resisted by the 2 final bosses.

>heal S-craft that is inferior to grail sphere in every way
Yeah.

>Even better: use Zane, put on distend and do 3k damage per attack
Or you can just casually do 2k to every enemy with an art. But that's not the point, you have her for sustain.
>>
>>322651053
It wasn't like this in FC was it? I remember getting the confusion spell early on with Joshua and I used it during every single Boss fight except for the final one.

I remember cheesing a boss that were these two giant guardian dogs or tigers by making them kill each other while I watched.
>>
>>322648508
>Tita
>Useless

Fight me irl faggot.
>>
>>322651467
Smoke canon is pretty good in random encounters, specially with the right gear, but her low hp makes it risky to use her against strong bosses.
>>
>>322649794
>impede at CLOSE RANGE for basically no damage since shit range, move and attack
>low hp and def which goes lower if you equip +ats gear
>orbment is one line but 3 water slots
>debuff craft is great but bosses resist it
>good emergency S-craft but Kevin's is better

Meanwhile Olivier:
>s-craft that does ok damage
>orbment is one line with only one restriction giving him access to all of Kloe's arts and then some
>slightly lower ATS but better access to spells
>shit strength, mov and speed but huge range
>craft that does aoe damage in a huge circle with huge range
>craft that aoe heals instantly
>ranged impede craft

And Kevin...
>orbment splits into two lines but second line only has one slot
>only limited to one time slot and time is like the best element to be locked into
>huge range like olivier
>gets access to all of kloes arts and more
>can do ok physical damage
>one ok physical craft at close range
>can give 40 cp to party at the cost of his
>huge aoe heal craft instant heal
>grail sphere is the best emergency S-craft in the game
>>
Halfway through chapter 4. I'm thinking of bumping the difficulty down. The bosses aren't even hard, I haven't died once, but they take so fucking long to beat it's tiring.

It feels like every time I reach the end of a chapter I have to face something akin to the final boss of the first game.
>>
>>322651838

Kevin is great but his availability sucks. Olivier is great but so is Kloe since she's almost always available and the game throws female only +ats gear at you. I mostly played through the game with just Olivier+Kloe nuking everything.
>>
>>322651196
>why would you need a hea craft
No cast time, which makes them infinitely better.

>doesn't matter
It does when you don't want to be spending your ep just to deal with trash, she literally has nothing to do.

>yeah
It is at max cp grail sphere gives two max guards. Its the ultimate damage prevention tool and he aready gets an aoe heal craft.

>or you can just casually do 2k damage with an art
That has a cast time. Meanwhile thunder god kick and cp refresh accessories lmao
>>
>>322651425
Bosses in fc resisted as well though at delay worked on some shit.
>>
>>322652063
The second slowest way to play the game. Good job.

Even estele will do more damage with physical attacks.
>>
Is it normal for Estelle to be 3 levels above nearly everyone else by chapter 4? I'm killing most normal mobs with a single normal attack hit with her.
>>
>>322649960
>>322649750

I don't see why kevin is the best supporter. You get double earth wall for every 200cp. That's fucking nothing. Just put your members in a corner and let estelle with cast and action or anybody else cast earth wall all the time.
Then take Olivier and Schera and let them shit out magic damage. Who the fuck needs anybody else.
>>
File: 2015-11-26_00003.jpg (499KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_00003.jpg
499KB, 1920x1080px
>>322651838
>impede at CLOSE RANGE for basically no damage since shit range, move and attack
You're not supposed to ever use that craft, all other characters have a better craft that does the same, but in almost all cases all regular enemies should be dead way before they have the chance to cast anything, you're supposed to approach all them from their back, and against bosses you have other 3 character with impede that are supposed to be attacking too.

>low hp and def which goes lower if you equip +ats gear
Her HP and def are fine, see >>322649794

>orbment is one line but 3 water slots
You have her for sustain so you will want at least 2 water orbments either way.

>debuff craft is great but bosses resist it
Only the two final bosses resist it, if you use Morale in everyone at the start of the battle plus Kaempfer and clock down most boss battles were a joke.

>good emergency S-craft but Kevin's is better
Obviously, is the single better S-craft in the game.

>>322652263
>It does when you don't want to be spending your ep just to deal with trash
EP is literally free mid to end game, you get so many EP recovery items you don't have to worry in the instance you start running low before the next recovery point.

>That has a cast time
Cast time are negligible with cast 2.
>>
File: 1436826722344.jpg (99KB, 723x691px) Image search: [Google]
1436826722344.jpg
99KB, 723x691px
>>322648312
>Complete chapter 3
>Agate joins the party again
>OH BOY NOW I CAN FINALLY GET ANELACE BACK
>"Sorry Estelle, I'm going to join up with Kurt."
>>
Is there a torrent for Legends of Heroes : trails in the sky? If yes, please link it
>>
>>322648312
>>
>>322652838
Instant aoe heal s-craft, defense and durability that rivals Zane, double max guard can be great for preventing damage you know is coming, speed, can provide CP.
>>
>>322652879
>cast times are neglible with cast 2
And you're still taking longer to deal damage than just simply attacking or having a heal readily available at any moment that doesn't use all your cp or items.

>picture of a party composed of Agate and Kloe
Literally worst setup.
>>
If you're playing on normal, your opinion pretty much doesn't matter
>>
>>322653970
Kevin is better than her on nightmare if thats what you're trying to imply.
>>
>>322653648
Yeah, but why waste a slot on him?
Estelle was fucking weak. Her physical damage sucks ass. And her magic damage is shit too compared to shera and Olivier. So I made her the support caster.
Then you have schera. You give her all the ATS boost equipment for women and she has the highest ATS. Then you have Olivier. He has a higher ATS stat than Kevin. You give him all the ATS boost from men equipment and lockets. Nearly the same as schera.
Then you havbe a slot free. I don't see why you should take another support like Kevin. No need for that when estelle has action and cast. Take Agate or Zane.
Either way, when you get joshua you drop agate or zane for him and give him all the ATK you have.
Best team possible in my opinion. You shit out magic damage with schera and olivier and heal and earth wall spam with estelle.
>>
File: 1407002030753.jpg (647KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1407002030753.jpg
647KB, 1600x1200px
>>322653885
>And you're still taking longer to deal damage than just simply attacking or having a heal readily available at any moment that doesn't use all your cp or items.
With cast 2 you will usually act before the enemy in most cases and it's not like you would need to heal or support every turn even against the final boss either, you can use all the extra turns you have to cast damage spells if you want.

>>picture of a party composed of Agate and Kloe
>Literally worst setup.
What? Agate is the most badass party member and Wild Rage is literally the most broken craft in the game, you can S Craft-1 hit every regular battle if you wish, but his base attack is so high you will probably not even need to do so.
>>
>>322653358
>fast as fuck
>one shots machina
>steals
>mixes shit for heals and burst damage
>ends up at the beginning of auron's path on the grid once you've cleared hers so she gains strength on top of speed

How in the fuck is that useless?
>>
>>322654379
>her physical damage sucks ass
Its average at best, serviceable, its certainly way better to use her physical attacks than her arts. I also made her into a support caster but I made sure to keep her str up and the rest of my party was physical attackers.

ARts are inferior to physical crafts in every fucking way imaginable. The fact that you think spamming arts is more efficient just shows you're thinking with something else rather than your brain, or you used the same two characters the entire fucking game.

>drop physical attacker for joshua
Joshua is used for delaying the enemies turn or applying debuffs that work like ADF down or clock down not doing damage, thats what you have Zane, Mueller, and even Agate if you want to be shitty for. He can rival Agate or Mueller in physical damage and Zane until he uses Distend but he's much better with smart use of utility because of his naturally high speed.
>>
>>322653970
Not everyone is a turbo autist who likes to grind for hours on end and replay the same boss battle 10+ times in hopes of RNG finally going their way.
>>
>>322654916
>watch s-craft animation every fucking battle
>have to go to menu to heal him afterwards
>gladiator accessories exist
>aoe crafts exist
>fast

No.

Its also does less damage than arts or distend in a fight that you can't end in one hit. Wild rage sucks and so do the rest of his crafts.

The useful thing about heal crafts is that you can use them instantly and the characters that have them can also cast the same heal arts that Kloe has so its like having double insurence and a lot more useful utility (olivier with ranged impede, kevin with cp giver)
>>
>>322655487
>Joshua is used for delaying the enemies turn or applying debuffs that work like ADF down or clock down not doing damage, thats what you have Zane, Mueller, and even Agate if you want to be shitty for. He can rival Agate or Mueller in physical damage and Zane until he uses Distend but he's much better with smart use of utility because of his naturally high speed.
That's true. Casted clock down or ADF down with too. It's just that you make him the physical damage dealer because you can't take him out of your team. Unless you're using any other physical dealer.
Also, I think it's way better to just sit in the corner with estelle, olivier and schera and shit out magic damage and support because you can easy earth wall all three at once. And you won't get knocked back and have to run back. This way you can avoid nearly every damage.

>fight starts
>cast zodiac
>cast adf down
>cast clock down
>spam earth wall with estelle every time possible
>joshua goes attacking
>olivier and schera cast magic
>cast earth guard on joshua if no need for earth the casters again
No problem there when all of them have cast 2 and action 3 or higher. Easy as hell dude. You won't even need to heal anymore.
>>
File: 43907970.jpg (246KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
43907970.jpg
246KB, 600x600px
>>
>>322655973
>Its also does less damage than arts or distend in a fight that you can't end in one hit. Wild rage sucks and so do the rest of his crafts.
You have the option, you don't have to do it. You can't get 150CP in one turn with any other character, that's fucking broken. Also if you don't want to use time going through menus or reading this is the wrong game for you buddy.

>its like having double insurence and a lot more useful utility (olivier with ranged impede, kevin with cp giver)
Kloe can heal with her S craft too, which is "guaranteed insurance" since you can cast it during the enemies' turn. Not that you will need it, and is also worse than Kevin's S craft in most cases.
>>
>>322656821
In P3? She's great
In PQ? She's top 3
>>
>>322656821
>Literally one of the best characters in both games she was in
What the fuck man.
>>
>>322656975
In PQ she is useless because you can always gets someone to do a better job than her and do more damage.
In P3 she is shit because she only uses physical attacks.
>>
Anyone that's not Jolee or Canderous in KOTOR
>>
>>322657443
She's the best tank in PQ and does overall great damage.

She has great buffs in P3 and physical attacks are fine.
>>
Terry motherfucking Hintz.
>>
File: thebest.png (155KB, 200x326px) Image search: [Google]
thebest.png
155KB, 200x326px
>>
>>322656835
Atthe cost of all your fucking HP and then you can't do it again until you're fully healed, so great job doing less damage than an art or regular attack by having to wait 2-3 turns per s-craft attack and going to the menu after every fucking battle as well as watching a ridiculously long animation when you already finished the fight with two aoe crafts 20 seconds earier and also did more damage.

I don't mind going through menus but going through menus after every random battle? For inferior slower damage?

Its not broken its just retard bait, which apparently works very well.

The problem is thats the ONLY thing she has. She's pretty much theworst character.
>>
>>322657443

In PQ everyone is viable so why not just build a team out of characters you like?
Perhaps some aren't 'optimal' but no-one is 'useless.'
>>
>>322658728
She isn't even bad at all in any sense. Her, Junpei, P3MC are so broken you could probably go through the whole game with just them.
I know you can use whoever, but she is one of the super broken characters.
>>
>>322659108

It's a pretty easy game to break.
I managed to one-shot the final boss with Kanji without so much as going out of my way to create a strong build or team composition.
I can only imagine how trivial things would be for people actually trying to create the most powerful team.
>>
>>322658556
>Atthe cost of all your fucking HP and then you can't do it again until you're fully healed
And that's why you have a party member dedicated to supporting. Also it's not the full HP, you're left with roughly 3k.

>so great job doing less damage than an art or regular attack y having to wait 2-3 turns per s-craft
It does more damage than that, actually, and it's only two turns if you're dedicated exclusively to it.

>Its not broken its just retard bait
Yeah, that's the reason why you can get items that give you 150CP everywhere, right?

>The problem is thats the ONLY thing she has. She's pretty much theworst character.
She has all the Water and Time arts in end game, she's the best support in my opinion. Kevin has the best S craft but that's all he has over her.
>>
File: useless.jpg (80KB, 533x542px) Image search: [Google]
useless.jpg
80KB, 533x542px
>>322656821
Thats not Ken. Holy shit did I never use this kid or Koromaru Naoto is pretty close to being useless if she didn't have status attack all skills and the megido skills.
>>
One day, for fun, im going to try and use meg and fiona for the endgame in radiant dawn. Then i shall know what true suffering is.
>>
>>322659751
Is Kevin good in 3rd?
>>
>>322660942
>Most useless character
>Kills most useful character
Fuck I hate Ken so much.
>>
>>322661297
I think so, I don't remember, I played it so much time ago.
>>
>>322648312
If you played the SC on hard you pretty much had to have her on your team because she was the only with defense debuff.
Without the debuff your attacks would not do any damage.
>>
>>322659540
Kanji actually is one of the strongest characters in the game though so
>>
File: qFmBn74.jpg (533KB, 600x4111px) Image search: [Google]
qFmBn74.jpg
533KB, 600x4111px
>>322661628
All physical attackers were good.
>>
>>322661770
>con
>Is Teddie
This shouldn't have made me laugh.
>>
File: 1447222902677.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447222902677.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>322661331
>Shinji
>Super Dependable tank that can dish out heavy physical in the mid-game.
>Killed by a character who can't keep up/compare to being ad useful.
>Aigis and Akihiko being the only other heavy phy hitters either lack the crazy initial strength Shinji had or have lower health.
>Shinji's persona had no weakness.
Fucking Ken. Its like if you were to lose Kanji half way through P4 had to depend on Chie exclusively to deal raw damage.
>>
>>322662680
>I ended up using Aigis and Akihiko all game because they weren't retard and didn't die to everything
>I would have used Shinji too because he was the same way, but had no weakness
>Killed by worst character
I was mad at the time. He was killed by not only the worst party member also the worst character in SESS.
>>
>>322659751
>And that's why you have a party member dedicated to supporting.
You're left with low enough HP that the next hit can potentially be fatal, the biggest problem though is that you can't spam it in a fight that takes more than one turn, particularly boss fights.

>it's only two turns if you're dedicated exclusively to it.
It does subpar s-craft damage since you don't charge it all the way to 200CP. Its actually better to wait out for that and just buff Agate and use regular crafts in the meantime since fully charged S-crafts do like 3k-4k more damage. The damage you get out of using Wild-Rage -> S-break is seriously not worth it you're spending at least three turns (wild rage , s-break, heal), having a dedicated healer also lowers your party dps.

Distend Zane is pretty much better than this S-craft strategy in every way because he has more STR and the self-buff increases this str by 60% on top of his def which coupled with his sky-high attack makes him unkillable. The benefit however is that this buff lasts for fucking ever and thanks to being one of the shit arts orbments you can raise his speed Sky high to match Joshua's have free 3k attacks every one of his turns. That's actually another one of Agate's weaknesses, he's slow as molasses so you're actually doing lower DPS than you might think.

If we don't count Thunder God's strike bug, thats a better AOE craft that Flame Crush since it doesn't knockback and Smite does more damage than pretty much every single attack craft while also having 50% confuse for the trash in bosses that isn't immune to it.

>Yeah, that's the reason why you can get items that give you 150CP everywhere, right?
Comes at the cost of 75% of your HP, which is probably a fact that you shouldn't ignore. Gladiator belts and CP restore items are a much more reliable, safer, and damage efficient way of doing craft damage.

IMO in physicals:
Zane >>> Agate > Mueller > Joshua > Estelle > everyone else.
>>
>>322660942
Koromaru was your highest fire damage, Ken was the second strongest physical attacker and an equal healer to Yukari.

If you're not retarded you can realize exactly how useful Light and Dark spells are for dealing with random encounters. If you're not retarded you can also realize how good it is for Ken to have 3 different weaknesses to hit on top of being able to fully heal your party or fully revive.

>>322661331
>>322662680
Shinji kills himself and you can't really blame Ken for hating someone who is literally fucking retarded.

>let me not tell this kid I killed his mom on accident
Mitsuru and Akihiko too since they know about it.

For the record, Ken gives up all killing intent the moment he is told the truth which is before Takaya shows up and kills Shinjiro.

In terms of usefulness, yeah I agree, Shinjiro was pretty good since Power Charge and highest attack.

>Aigis and Akihiko being the only other heavy phy hitters either lack the crazy initial strength Shinji had or have lower health.
Aigis did the least physical damage in the game and was more of a sub-healer and buffer.
Akihiko was the third highest physical damage and served more as a debuffer, Ken was the second highest, Junpei was the highest.

>ITT retards who only use 1 party setup in rpgs.
>>
>>322661770

>Yu, Kanji, Yukari, Naoto, Chie

Seems like I accidentally made a pretty good team.
>>
>>322665580
Of course Zane has better single target physical damage, 60% str buff is very strong. Not that I used him too much, he wasn't my favorite character archetype.
>>
>>322667139
>Yu, Aigis, P3MC, Naoto, Chie
I did this when I went through just because I picked characters I liked plus I knew the MC's would be bullshit. Very surprised myself how good of a party I picked.
>>
>>322667772
If you're using Agate purely for dealing with trash, sure, but theres much better ways than seeing a fairly long animation every battle.

You'd also have to heal him in the menu every time, which is more of a pain than it is useful.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.