[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a JRPG in which an advanced civilization DOESN'T get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: latest[10].gif (81KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
latest[10].gif
81KB, 500x415px
Name a JRPG in which an advanced civilization DOESN'T get fucked before you get to it or later in the game
>>
Final Fantasy 8
>>
Lemuria in Golden Sun if I remember correctly. It's been almost a decade since I played those games.
>>
Legend of Legaia
>>
File: Saturn Valley.png (426KB, 1071x943px) Image search: [Google]
Saturn Valley.png
426KB, 1071x943px
>>322596985
Earthbound.
>>
>>322597102
>or later in the game
>>
https://youtu.be/T3iHxLs5maM
>>
>>322596985
It's just an excuse to have ruins, anon. Whether they actually look like old ruins or not that's what they're there for.
>>
File: Esthar_streets.jpg (12KB, 336x240px) Image search: [Google]
Esthar_streets.jpg
12KB, 336x240px
>>322599136

>What is Eshtar?
>>
Phantasy Star, the first game at least. You live in the advanced civilization and it doesn't get ruined until the later games.
>>
>>322599224
literally what I came here to post
>>
>>322597102
>I forgot about the Centra and the lunatic pandora.
>>
>>322602996

just how much "fucked up" are we talking about here anyways? Eshtar didnt even receive any major damage during the lunatic pandora incident and were in control of the whole scenario.the only things that are much of a threat where the monster running amok but to a bare minimum.
>>
>>322601446
Esthar gets fucked up by the Lunar Cry while their President doesn't give a fuck and hangs out in his office doing nothing
>>
>>322603717
Yeah I'm not counting Esthar as getting busted. But the Centra Ruins all over the planet that the Lunatic Pandora come from are from an ancient advanced civilization that has fallen. Which fits the OP.
>>
>>322597102
>Game even has a semi-hidden backstory about god going crazy and blowing everything up until sneaky women tricked him and tried to kill him, but he split himself in half and left his penis and huge legs behind which the women wore as a hat that gave them sorcery.
>This on top of the time a major civilisation was destroyed
>On top of the time it basically happens again to future city.
>On top of the time some completely unadvanced civilisations get fucked, with there being a crater where Trabia is supposed to be, a crater where Balamb garden was, Timber and Delgarth seeing military action too.

Man I'm not sure you could have picked a game with more civilisations in general getting fucked.
>>
>>322596985
Xenoblade Chronicles X

the nopon caravan system is the highest form of existence
>>
>>322604041
>Game even has a semi-hidden backstory about god going crazy and blowing everything up until sneaky women tricked him and tried to kill him, but he split himself in half and left his penis and huge legs behind which the women wore as a hat that gave them sorcery.

only played 8 once, care to elaborate?
>>
>>322604181
Two characters tell a story about Hyne, who basically made humans because he was lazy, but then he fell asleep and humans made more humans, he woke up and got a bit pissy, might have consumed countless children in divine flames and made the humans mad. Humans beat him the fuck up, he called truce and offered him half of himself to make up for it.

The two sources in game differ in what happened next. In one, this half was the pussy half of Hyne, but still gave humans magic and is where sorcerers come from. The other source say it was all a clever ruse from mr ruseman and it was actually just his skin, which the humans stupidly fought over for a few decades before realizing it was a trick.

There's literally nothing else about it in the game. FF8 was Dark Souls lore before some of the people working on Dark Souls were born.
>>
Xenoblade with the high entia

Nothing happens to Alca Moth during the prison island events. The emperor may die but the civilization still stands and jack shit happened to the city itself
>>
>>322596985
Do JRPGs that have no advanced civilization in the first place count?
>>
>>322606706
Did you not miss the part where the majority of its citizens are forcibly turned into telethia. Seriously, visit Alcamoth after fishing Mechonis Core and beating Egil
>>
Valkyrie Profile maybe?
>>
What if protagonist is part of the advanced civilization? In that case, Ar Tonelico fits the bill.
>>
Tales of Symphonia, maybe? Tethe'alla is way more advanced than Sylvarant, and does fine at the end of the story.
Unless you count those fucking space angels, who do get fucked.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.