[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We look back at franchises we use to love and wonder what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

ITT: We look back at franchises we use to love and wonder what went wrong.

>Last day of steam sale
>decide to check out any games I have any slight interest in
>remember fun times as a kid playing dynasty warriors controlling and fighting with armies against other armies
>look at new dynasty warriors
>its basically devil may cry for weeaboos

What the actual fuck?
>>
File: 1434472976963.jpg (212KB, 904x607px) Image search: [Google]
1434472976963.jpg
212KB, 904x607px
With every franchise I care about that went wrong, its cause has been a change in developer. So its not really a mystery to me what the problem is.

Of all the series I like, only two of them are still being done by the original developers. And those two are the only ones without bad games.
>>
>>322553045
That sounds like an improvement.
>>
>>322554373
DMC is only good because of it's edgy atmosphere and because it's self aware that it has no real depth besides perfecting combos.
>>
>>322554462
That's more than what Dynasty Warriors has going for it.
>>
>>322554751
Yeah I know
>>
>>322553045
Back then morale/other commanders actually did something. Also you weren't a murder machine from the get go, you had to raise your character/weaponry.
>>
>>322554462

>no real depth

Name one single player action game that has real depth then.
>>
>>322555736
When did I say other action games did?

Action is genre with very little depth, that's like saying find a bullet hell with depth.
>>
>>322554462
is this what DW players actually try to believe in?

cause it sounds pathetic
>>
>>322556065
You're genuinely illiterate aren't you?
>>
>>322556054

So what the hell do you consider real depth, then? Cause your definition is very different from most people.
>>
Musou games are nothing like Devil May Cry aside from flashy attacks.
>>
>>322556173
>getting this triggered
>>
File: 1423799790008.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1423799790008.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>322553045
>its basically devil may cry for weeaboos

Nah, that's Sengoku Basara
>>
>>322556239
I'll give you an example in a game you probably don't think of when you think of depth, Madden.

It has the normal boring game play that has changed for very little for the last 20 years, but at the same time it has over 30 different stats you allocate points into, different locations, customization of all characters, different styles for each position, the ability to make the game more macro by strictly acting as a team manager.

That is depth, multiple different styles and things you can do in a game to complete it in different ways.

DMC games you have different weapons and techniques, but if you are playing the real game, on harder difficulties most people are going to use the exact same thing and all depth comes from perfecting techniques and your timing.

Saying a game has very little depth isn't an insult, I don't have any idea why you think it would be, but it is a reality.
>>
Musou games are basically the same as what they were back then, just with way shittier character designs. That's what made me lose interest. Back in the PS2 era 9 out of 10 characters looked like lightly stylized legit chinese/japanese warriors. Now it's full of overexaggerated anime shit and otaku/fujo bait character designs.
>>
>>322556606
I'm not gonna argue over Madden since I never played it (not going to doubt it has depth or anything), but

>DMC games you have different weapons and techniques, but if you are playing the real game, on harder difficulties most people are going to use the exact same thing and all depth comes from perfecting techniques and your timing.
this is incredibly wrong. DMC gives you much more freedom than you seem to think
>>
>>322557531
Then name what I'm forgetting, I've played all but the newest one I believe. Maybe there's tons more depth I don't know about.
>>
>>322553045
>devil may cry for weeaboos

DMC was always for weeaboos
>>
>>322557997
'no'

DMC is the most normie action game to exist.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.