[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanks to Thi4f, this game now looks like a modern classic, don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 261660109[1].jpg (13KB, 200x284px) Image search: [Google]
261660109[1].jpg
13KB, 200x284px
Thanks to Thi4f, this game now looks like a modern classic, don't you think, /v/?
>>
>>322551951
DS was never that bad anyway.
>>
>>322551951
No.
>>
>>322551951
It had the Shalebridge Cradle for a start.
But yeah, THFOURFF made it look far better in retrospect.
>>
But Thief 4 was decent.
>>
>>322552270
No, it wasn't.

Even on it's own merits, not judging it as a game in the Thief series, it falls short. It feels clunky as fuck, and although the game looks beautiful in some parts it looks like straight up shit in others.

Such a shame it didn't hold a candle to DXHR. I was hopeful.
>>
>>322552270
I could honestly forgive it anything except for the clunky-ass delay where you have to pick up 9930293029032 pieces of loot and every single one you pick is a second-long "immersive" animation.

I've had more fun managing my inventory in Gothic 1, for fuck sake.
>>
DS was good

A step back but still funny

Thi4f is so many steps back that it fell in a puddle of shit, drowned and was revived ready to sell
>>
>>322552502
But I pretty much see it as the Human Revolution of Thief. Same problems, same ratio of quality compared to the original. I liked Deus Ex more than Thief, so naturally Human Revolution > Thief 4
>>
It was a good year for fan missions.
>>
>>322553025
The problem is that you can't make a Thief game like you would a Deus Ex game.
>>
Solely emoving loading zones and those fucking blue loot highlights made the game 5x better for me.
>>
>>322553025
To make my point clearer
>You can freely knock down in Thief and DX with a weapon
>You press a button to knock down in HR and Thief 4
>You make sense of the world to get around in DX and Thief
>You use a map and markers to get around in Thief 4 and HR
>You only play missions in DX and Thief
>You get to run around in a tedious hub area in Thief 4 and HR
>>
At least Thiaf doesn't have loading screens every 3 minutes.

Just because it isn't as bad doesn't mean it's a good game. Both of these piles of shit are a slap in the face of each and every developer at Looking Glass that put their heart and soul into those first two games. They are absolute garbage and a blight on the series as a whole.
>>
>>322555089
>At least Thiaf doesn't have loading screens every 3 minutes.
Yeah it does.
>>
>>322551951
No.

The Cradle was the only interesting level. If it was not for Stephen Russell and the cutscenes being mostly true to the originals, DS would be categorically worse than Thiaf in every aspect; shorter levels cut up into more pieces, tons of hand holding, brain dead AI.
>>
>>322557210
>Talking shit about DS AI.
>>
DS was even more consolized and dumbed down than thi4f. It deserves most of the hate it gets.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.