[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever see a second video game crash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: ET_Atari.jpg (16KB, 468x278px) Image search: [Google]
ET_Atari.jpg
16KB, 468x278px
Will we ever see a second video game crash?
>>
Unfortunately not.
>>
Probably not, it's an established market now
>>
>>322544998
hopefully
>>
No. The only solution is to make the games you want to be made.
>>
>>322544998
>Will we ever see a second video game crash?

Maybe if there's an EMP blast that wrecks all major video game developers' computers or something
>>
>>322544998
Unless there was a generation of consoles having mostly terrible games, no, I don't see one coming any time soon.
>>
Maybe if vidya company's starts to get competitive again, but I doubt it. Or if vidya starts to get REALLY stingey money first gameplay later and more games turn out shit.
>>
>Extra Testicle
>>
No

First crash was the result of too many hardware platforms trying to push copycat versions of the same games to an audience that was already small and niche, which meant nobody could make a profit.

Nowadays, there's the big 3 platforms for consoles, PC has 2 people making gaming hardware/3 major software distributors, and handhelds are also in the hands of the big 3. Combined with an industry net worth that exceeds pretty much all other media combined and a growing user base, vidya isn't going to crash any time soon. At most, we're just going to see the middle ground disappear as gaming polarizes into either AAA/mobile or indie only titles.
>>
File: ET.png (355KB, 849x436px) Image search: [Google]
ET.png
355KB, 849x436px
>>322545890
>>
Will we ever see a video game renaissance?
>>
>>322544998
People will always be willing to buy the latest Madden or COD game.
>>
>>322545641
>Unless there was a generation of consoles having mostly terrible games
>>
>>322545641
Well have I got a surprise for you!
>>
Nope, Nintendo's business practices put games on lock
>>
>>322546143
We already did
>>
>>322546143
Yes that was early 90s - early 00s, that's where the most technological progress was made and the most critically acclaimed games came out. It was also before payola infested game reviewing
>>
>>322545278
>Is on a video game board
>Wants a video game crash

Bitchy. Bitchy. Bitchy.
>>
>>322547057
>>322547075
Can we have another?
>>
>>322544998
If those Arabs got their way, there will be no fun allowed.
>>
>>322546947
What?
>>
Years after mobile gaming kills console gaming and the fickle mobile gaming crowd finds something else to do there will be another crash.
>>
>>322547163
No, no incentive to innovate when you can pump out the same shit over and over
>>
>>322547095
you type like a redditor
>>
http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.de/2014/05/the-indie-bubble-is-popping.html
>>
nowadays, gaming isn't one monolithic entity but, rather, there are three different sectors: Core games, indie games and mobile games. Core games full of AAA garbage are least likely to crash since it's full of industry veterans who already went through the previous crash and learned their lesson. The other two still has the problem of being too full of shovelware and too little people to buy them that caused the last crash
>>
I just want the f2p/p2w bubble to pop already
>>
>>322544998
Unless there's a sudden change in society no there won't be.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.