[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys know about the Shield? Rumor has it that there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (42KB, 670x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 670x478px
What do you guys know about the Shield? Rumor has it that there's going to be a Shield Portable with an X1 inside. The only thing I got is its codename is Loki.
>>
>>322468546

MS hates nvidia
>>
>>322468620
everyone besides rich pc gamers hates nvidia, they're total jews
>>
I was just going to make it my emulator machine, and shield-only games isn't too bad either. But I'm getting sick of buying things and getting cucked when they announce an upgraded version a month later.
>>
>>322468546
The ribbon cable is literal shit and I can't find a single replacement part for it. Pisses me off, can't fucking use it anymore. The screen genuinely is small for most things. The triggers feel good but sometimes they'll get stuck down or stick just far enough to be constantly activated so you can't use the mouse joystick control without constantly clicking. It's alright for emulators but nothing much else. I miss when my ribbon cable wasn't busted, and the triggers worked right, it's bretty gud.
>>
>>322470424
The Shield Portable has been out ages. It is somewhat outdated. Regardless I don't know what OP is talking about anyway.
>>
>>322468546
I was interested for a minute, then I noticed it only *streams* pc games, it doesn't actually run them.
>quad-core ARM A15 CPU
That means I can't install Mint on it.
Any similar hardware with an x86?
>>
>>322469272

Nvidia has pulled some fucked up shit last year with the 3.5 shit, gameworks proprietary shit, not supporting kepler cards and overall trying to get games to run bad on everything but the 900 series.

As a nvidia guy since the GeForce 4, I'm gonna be making the switch to amd once dx12 cards are out
>>
>>322468546

Portable screen/controller that streams games from your computer... Hmm I wonder why nobody owns one.
>>
>>322470724
I'm asking if Nvidia is going to announce a Shield Portable 2 or something because there are rumors saying "Nvidia codename Loki" is suppose to be it. I just wanna know if anyone else has more information.
>>
File: IMG_0240.jpg (291KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0240.jpg
291KB, 2048x1536px
Might as well just attach your phone to your controller considering it's no less bulky.

The first Snapdragon 820 phones hit soon, which outperform the X1 and the X1 emulates Gamecube/Wii in a playable fashion.
>>
>>322471637
This looks so fucking ghetto

Btw, the Shield portable has something called "battery life"
>>
>>322471637
>Snap dragon 820 outperforms Tegra X1

Seriously doubt it. Antutu ratings aren't good to go by. We'll see how it compares in 3DMark graphical tests.
>>
>>322472592
Mg LG G4 has better :^)

>>322472662
That perhaps helps the chip achieve that high 83,774 grade. The Snapdragon 820 is expected to power next year's flagship devices, some of which will most likely sport 2K or even 4K screens. In comparison, the NVIDIA Tegra X1, still considered one of the beefiest in the market, only scores around 75,000 on AnTuTu.

http://www.slashgear.com/snapdragon-820-spotted-with-a-83774-score-on-antutu-04401620/
>>
>>322471637
But that's what I'm saying. Antutu tests are kind of outdated when it comes to modern Android hardware and for more powerful systems it's more reliable to use 3DMark.

Even though it's well possible the Snapdragon 820 has more CPU power with the new Kryo technology, it definitely won't be in GPU power, and Phones often throttle themselves down for cooling purposes.
>>
>>322473902
meant 4 >>322473191
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.