[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Oblivion worth playing? Is it really better than Skyrim?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Is Oblivion worth playing?

Is it really better than Skyrim?
>>
yes

no
>>
yes

yes
>>
It's just a bunch of chores.
>>
I liked it better than skyrim. I played it on ps3. I'm sure the mods on pc could make this game really look amazing.
>>
File: felld.webm (3MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
felld.webm
3MB, 960x600px
>>322450127
not really but it's fun to mod

yes
>>
No

Same
>>
>>322450127
Yes
Yes
>>
The thieves guild quest line is quite possibly the best quest line in any Bethesda game. Always up for debate, but it is consistently one of the most popular. The dark brotherhood quest line is grim and evil with a streak of wackiness that makes it another crowd favorite. The mages guild has some really fun quests, but has an average-at-best overall plot. Fighters guild is quite forgettable. The Shivering Isles DLC is absolutely fantastic if you like trippy random fantasy in the same vein as Alice in Wonderland. Even if you don't, it has some pretty cool weapons and a lot of content. The Knights of the Nine DLC is great if you want to be a crusader killing evil elves for JUSTICE.

The graphics and voice acting are even shittier than Skyrim's, if you can believe that. Even with mods they're pretty bad. The magic is not quite as detailed as Morrowind, but still much more customizable and involved than Skyrim.

The main quest line in Oblivion sucks ass, primarily because there is a long part where you must go through a series of repetitive dungeons with almost no changes between them and very few rewards.
>>
Yes and yes
>>
>>322450127
Its way more Comfy than Skyrim
>>
>>322451191
/thread

Good quests but bad models, effects, voices, etc
>>
>>322451191
>>322451838
Oblivion has far better voice acting than arrowtoleknee. The NPCs actually talk and there are more variety in their actors.
>>
>>322451980
>oblivion has more VAs

Yes, 5 is more than 4.

But it's not particularly worth bragging about.
>>
>>322451191
pretty much this
you can skip a lot of the main quest though, I realized on my second or third playthrough that you dont actually have to do any of the oblivion gates by the cities. Also cities are way better than skyrim and I would argue that the AI is as well. Overall a much better game and a much better RPG than skyrim, although that's not saying much cause skyrim was a piece of shit. Still, I had fun with oblivion enough to do several playthroughs and would go back to it today
>>
>>322452105
They're far better too.
>>
>>322451191
Man Skyrim thieves' guild was such a letdown after Oblivion, it was literally the first thing I did. Also mages guild seemed like it might be cool at first but I guess I should've realized how shitty it would be when it was so easy to get into the college.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.