[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /v/ think of Spec Ops The Line?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

What did /v/ think of Spec Ops The Line?
>>
It's tryhard trash that completely rapes your agency and makes it so that you can literally do nothing but make the "wrong" decision every time you play.
>>
>inb4 200+ posts blasting it
>>
There are two kinds of people on /v/; those who like Spec Ops, and those who are underage hyperautists who think a game has to be "fun" to be good.
>>
>>322415694
GOTY 2012
>>
Literally the Citizen Kane of our generation.
>>
No, not again. We just had a shitposting thread that was derailed due this game
>>
>>322415694
It's a bland TPS, only play drunk or high, otherwise it's too much of chore
>>
>>322416638
What a shock, an alcoholic junkie that is too lazy to even play games. And then they wonder why they're such failures.
>>
>>322416448
>hyperautists who think a game has to be "fun" to be good.

So what did Spec Ops have going for it?
>>
>>322416638
>Drinking the liquid jew
>Taking drugs

Literally a degenerate
Get >>>/out/
>>
>>322416448
And here you have a perfect example of the Spec Ops: The Line fanbase: a pseudo-intellectual hipster.
>>
>>322416486
Really more like the Apocalypse Now of vidya.

Hearts of Darkness was better. Will we ever get a documentary of the production of MGSV or a similar troubled production?
>>
>>322416924
Killing sandnigger mudslime scum. A hobby any proud white man needs to have unless he's a traitor.
>>
>>322416720
>>322416940
>implying what I've said is not true
It's like modern CoD games, you have to actually make yourself stupider to enjoy it properly
>>
It was fun. Great soundtrack. I liked Lugo and the black guy.
>>
>>322416924
Looked pretty damn nice.
>>
File: 1421552002216.gif (491KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
1421552002216.gif
491KB, 500x290px
>>322417291
>>
>>322417317
If you're willing to poison your white temple with the herbal jews and worse, then you're already at the level required to enjoy CoD without actually taking drugs
>>
Pretty good game with an interesting story. Tried too hard to make the player feel bad or whatever but if you ignore that stuff the story is still quite good. Watching the main characters start out as cool professionals and devolve into bloodthirsty psychopaths by the end was amazing.

The gameplay is meh.

Solid 7/10.
>>
>>322417317
>Not enjoying CoD for what it is; a brainless twitch shooter that's meant to be played in bursts
>Having to lash out against a franchise in order to feel secure in your preferred choices of video games
>Being this much an underage despite probably being in your mid 20s
>>
I thought it was pretty good, even if there were alot of choices that had no right answer.
>>
>>322415694
I didn't have fun, but I'm glad I played it.
>>
>>322415694
I thought it was pretty alright.
Most people talk about the story and the lack of any really meaning behind your decisions but I'm not even talking about that, I actually liked the -shooting- part of the game, some weapons were pretty satisfying to use and the OST had a couple of nice tracks as well.
Anywhere between a 7.5 or 8/10 as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>322417580
This.

Its a nice experience the first time but its not worth a second playthrough.

My friend has a tendancy to get WAY to emotionally invested in games, so watching him play through it was great.
>>
>>322415694
I generally just like third person shooters, so I thought I would enjoy it.
I beat it on one sitting on Halloween last year. I remember the sun coming up as Conrad told me that I wanted to feel like a hero.
>>
>>322416448

I liked it, think that games have to be fun to be good, and thought that Spec Ops the Line *was* fun. Lots of games force the player to make shitty choices and then berate them for doing so. That's par for the course in games. Hell Mario makes you go through the first castle where the princess isn't there and then mocks you for not finding her.
>>
Very boring gameplay
Dated mechanics
Dated visuals
Dated engine

4/10
>>
>>322416720
>>322416924
Ayy clean life guys
>>
>>322418239

So complaints that really have nothing to do with this game in particular as you could render those problems on anything that doesn't go out of its way to innovate in those categories. You can do the same old thing, well, and come out with a great game. TF2, at release, wasn't visually great, mechanics (class FPS) had been done 100's of times, and engine... enough said, yet it was a great game (at release, cannot stress this enough) and offered endless hours of fun due to tightening up and doing old things very, very well.
>>
>>322417495
>implying I'm white
>>
>>322418768
Then what are you doing here? This site, especially this board is for WASPs only.
>>
>>322418513
TF2 is even better now though
>inb4 hats
>>
>>322416039
>agency

I hate this word.
>>
>>322416486
>BioShock infinite is the citizen of Kane of gaming
Citizen of Kane must be a fairly mediocre movie
>>
>>322418513

I'm just speaking of game design insofar as original intent. I would (strongly) argue that TF2-at-release, is not the same game that TF2 is now. No judgement put on either, worse or better, just they aren't the same game.
>>
>>322419417
for
>>322418959
>>
File: 1336162416934.jpg (114KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
1336162416934.jpg
114KB, 640x955px
I liked it. It was bretty good.
Pic related
>>
>>322416039
>>322416039
That's actually something they purposely did.
The whole white phosphorus scene, and how it tells you you're a piece of shit, despite the game making you do that was intended. So that you'd feel in the same way Walker did.
Also, games got a lot of details. Pay attention to when scenes fade to white, and fade to black.
>>
>at the white phosphorous part
>try shooting my way out
>people spawn in the exact same spot immediately after being killed
Can't say I really felt bad for them after giving me literally no choice.
Also I have no clue what the story was. If you were hallucinating the entire time why didn't your teammates say anything? I remember a flashback where he converses into a walkietalkie with no one and his squad doesn't say shit.
>>
>>322415694
>forced to white phosphorus the civilians
>not even possible to go down the hill and try fighting your way through, you had to use the mortars

some beautiful scenery but what really killed the game was the stale gameplay. Shooting people in third-person is only fun for a while.
>>
I enjoyed it. I liked the trippy atmosphere and setting. I liked watching the team become totally unhinged over the course of the story.

The attempt at guilt-tripping the player didn't work on me, due to the lack of any real choice. If you want me to feel something, you got to give the option for me to succeed or fail, to be a bastard or a hero.
>>
File: Spec Ops the Line.jpg (149KB, 931x978px) Image search: [Google]
Spec Ops the Line.jpg
149KB, 931x978px
>>322415694
Appreciated it more than I enjoyed it, if that makes sense. Liked the team dynamic and how it and some aspects of gameplay would change in overt and subtle ways as the story progressed. Soundtrack was pretty great. White Phosphorus scene was kind of dumb, but I appreciate the effort. Plus the whole Fight Club/Manchurian Candidate twist became a bit obvious after a bit of time. It's not the post-modern masterpiece some believe it to be, but it's certainly worth a look, if nothing else.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.