[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone explain region locked mmos to me? do they hate money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IjgffdrYtpvHgKY-1600x900-noPad.jpg (34KB, 639x391px) Image search: [Google]
IjgffdrYtpvHgKY-1600x900-noPad.jpg
34KB, 639x391px
can someone explain region locked mmos to me?
do they hate money?
>>
white pig go home
>>
>>322351417
Xenophobia.

Though I mean it would be pretty nice if we could just use it to keep people in their own region servers, but then they need servers in those other regions.
>>
>>322353083

Fuck you leatherman.
>>
speaking of dd i cant fucking choose a class for the pc release HELP
>>
>>322351417

>free mmo
>hate money

?
>>
>>322351417
Publishing rights, don't think it'd work in the west and don't want laggy gaijins playing their vidyas.
>>322353495
Any is fine, you can switch whenever you want anyway.
>>
>>322351417
1 MILLION SALES FOR BOTH CONSOLES
>>
Translation costs money.
As much as /v/ likes to shitpost, Dragon's Dogma didn't sell that well over here.

I am guessing, but I would imagine that if Dragon's Dogma PC is partially successful, that we will see Dragon's Dogma Online released over here.
>>
>>322353293
Most problems come from the two worst countries so not allowing IPs from there would be enough.
>>
>>322353784
nobody said anything about translation you stupid shit.

Many japanese mmo's actively ban foreign IPs, the most famous of which is monster hunter frontier. If it is discovered that you are not located within japan, you will be banned, regardless of your actions within the game.
>>
File: Rage Mode Activated.jpg (538KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rage Mode Activated.jpg
538KB, 1920x1080px
>>322354271
>Banned
Actually the game just auto-kicks you if you have a wrong IP, like if your VPN shits the bed.
How the VPN always knows when you've hit the Quest Clear screen however is a mystery to me.

You do get banned if you run through the lobby talking in perfect English though. Tells/Guild/Party chat can be safe too if done in moderation. Basically just use a 3rd party chat program and keep your gob shut and everything will be fine.
>>
>>322354679
Goddamn, that's so discriminatory, ban you for speaking english? Can you fucking imagine the reverse of that in the states?
>>
>>322355016
Well, I do agree it's discriminatory, but I'd prefer to have some power if say a gaggle of Brazilians suddenly jump into the North American West server and start speaking Portuguese non-stop and then just have to sit by an ineffectually say "English only please." moreso if there's a server for them as well.

Japan is just a incredibly xenophobic country, so I'm not going to go out of my way to start tromping around like I own the place in their turf.
I'll try and convince them to give the rest of the world their fair share though proper channels, but that's easier said than done.
>>
>>322353495
Just try stuff out. Don't worry about min maxing, at least not on your first play through. They're all pretty fun for different reasons
>>
>>322355425
> if say a gaggle of Brazilians suddenly jump into the North American West server and start speaking Portuguese non-stop

I remember certain servers having this happen to them in WoW
>>
Last I played, DDO didn't even need an active VPN connection while playing, just while logging in. They did change it to need to be always on for about a month, 'cause they were getting DDOS attacks from China or some shit, but they changed it back afterwards.

They're also super lax about speaking English, even a retard who asked a GM (in English) for a localized version didn't get banned.

They're probably a bit more laid back about it since DDO is F2P, unlike MHFO. Don't ask me why, though.

>>322354679
You shouldn't really be using something like Softether if you need a a consistent connection. I don't think you need a fast connection for MHFO, since I'd think it's mostly clientside like the normal games, so use something like WTFast free version or the free year of Amazon EC2.
>>
>>322355786
don't forget Russians. It's to the point where games are giving Russia their own private Russian servers instead of EU.
>>
>>322355821
Actually VPNGate's been steady and strong for both Frontier and DDO.

I once had a VPN run for 3 straight days when I wanted to test it out for length, but I have good experiences for the average 2-4 hour period I play for.
You need to be able to fuss out the good ones from the bad ones though, which takes a lot of time.

They drop when they want to drop though since it's not a paid service, and I just get unlucky that they like to do it before it's saved my progress after a quest.
>>
>>322355425
I mean if it's gotta be that way then why not bring the shit to other regions? Are they gonna pull a PSO 2 with this?
>>
>>322356794
Because Capcom is run by assholes.
>>
>>322355905
This is probably because Russia passed a law requiring information about Russian users to be stored on servers that are physically located in Russia.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.