[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Witcher 1 any good? Thinking about trying it out, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: The Witcher.jpg (207KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
The Witcher.jpg
207KB, 1600x900px
The Witcher 1 any good?
Thinking about trying it out, but I'm curious if there's anything I should be aware of prior to starting it.
>>
>>322320180
It sucks. Start with 2.
>>
it's like 1€ right now

just try it
>>
Best Witcher game
>>
I liked it more than 2
But partly because 2 was unbalanced as sins when first released and combat is shit. Now it must be better with skill revamp and all that.
>>
>>322320180
I feel much more slow pace compare to W2-3
I woulnt even called it Action games, but I really like how you have to actually prepare before the each big fight and not just pop potions like in W3
>>
>>322320180
Play on easy so you don't have to deal with the shit combat and can enjoy the competent story.
>>
>>322320180
It takes a while for it to "get going". Once you're in the city then it picks up but the swamp part will be shit.
Pick Triss since the second game ignores your choice and lumps you up with Triss at the start anyway.
At the end of Act 4 when you're presented with a choice to pick a faction or take the boat and leave (neutral) take the neutral option, picking faction locks you out of some content while neutral gets to fuck up both.
>>
>>322320180
The combat system is wonky, meant primarily to replicate the feel/look of the swordplay in the books. You might want to consider changing the camera angle to classic, I'm told people find it better that way, although I prefer the simple over-the-shoulder.

Typically when you go off to do quests, especially the simple, small time contracts, be sure to collect as may as you can and do them all, or you will be going back and forward a lot.

The series generally, but especially the first two chapters of TW1, fucking loves melancholy. The settings for both chapters feel pretty down, the pacing is slow but if you enjoy that kind of thing it is fucking magical.

There is a mod that greatly reshapes the combat that a lot of people love. I have not played it so can't attest for it, but you might find it worthwhile to keep it in mind: FCR, Full Combat Rebalance. There's also a mod that adds scabbards.
>>
Alvin is the Grandmaster.
Your mother sucks dwarf cock
Fuck every women so you can collect their cards

That's all you need to know.
>>
>>322320180
Depends what kind of person are you.

If you prefer worldbuilding/sidequests/characters/story then yeah it's great, especially if you know some slav mythology or read the books,also the choices are don REALLY well in TW1 and the morality system feels realistic, not your typical bioware binary morality/outcomes (the "good" the "neutral" and the "bad" response) You actually feel talking to real people, paesant's actually act like paesants etc etc.

If prefer gameplay then you will get bored.
>>
>>322320180
Last good WRPG.
>>
>>322320740
>picking Triss when you can pick superior Shani
>>
Worth it if only for the soundtrack. Damn fine soundtrack, even if it does incorporate metal; you'd think it would clash, but it doesn't, really.
>>
>>322320180
If you play it don't rush trough the main questline, the beauty of the game is in it's very good sidequests, just skip the "kill X things" quests from the jobs board and do the story sidequests.
>>
Why people hate on Chapter 2?

I really liked it, especially the investigation stuff.
>>
File: peasant.png (66KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
peasant.png
66KB, 240x240px
I'M GONNA KICK YER ASS AND MEEK MONEY DOIN IT
>>
>>322320180
The only witcher worth playing.
>>
>that old dude in the swamps that was a cannibal
>>
>>322322123
YER MUTHA SUCKS DWARF COCK
>>
>>322321771
If anything Chapter 1 was the fucking worst
>>
>you want good gameplay
No.

>you want to live an expirience
Yes.
>>
File: 1447982620503.gif (1MB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1447982620503.gif
1MB, 400x320px
>>322320180
it fking gud mate
>>
File: metal.png (609KB, 625x424px) Image search: [Google]
metal.png
609KB, 625x424px
>>322320180
>that sword is for monsters!
>>
It's an excellent game. Could probably vie for one of the best games ever.

Atmosphere is great. Try to RP yourself into medieval shoes and you will enjoy it.
>>
Is saving Abigail even possible on Hard mode?
>>
File: 4262018-the+man+with+no+taste.jpg (68KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
4262018-the+man+with+no+taste.jpg
68KB, 800x449px
>>322320386
>>
>>322322618
She may go down in the fight against the dogs, but gets up if I recall correctly.
>>
>>322322719
The thing is, the villagers make a much better distraction
When I save Abigail I just get stunned to death because she doesn't last for two seconds in the fight
>>
>Chapter 4
>that nightwraid quest
>meet Berengar then kill him out of revenge
>Gerold being a father figure to Alvin
>that unexpected turn of events at the end of the chapter
>that atmosphere
>>
>>322320180
yea it's really good
>>
fun fact: w1 is made by same company that made the goty of 2015
>>
>>322323319
Bethesda didn't make Witcher.
>>
>>322323319
I didn't know Moon Studios made the Witcher 1
>>
>>322323319
Withcher was mady by FROM?
>>
HIS NAME WAS GERALT OF RIVIA
>>
>>322320885
FCR is good alright, not recommended for the first playthrough though. It makes everything harder than it already is.
>>
>>322322123
DAMN. SHIT.
>>
File: mine.png (317KB, 315x480px) Image search: [Google]
mine.png
317KB, 315x480px
Fav romance card?
>>
>>322322252
i fucked a she-elf once...
>>
>>322323660
>From
>GOTY of any year
Don't make me laugh
>>
Which difficulty should I pick?
Easy, Medium, or Hard?
>>
>>322328880
if you have a short penis choose hard to boost your ego
>>
Anyone that tell you this is the BEST-GAEM-EVER has extremely thick nostalgia googles.

It did have a unique story and a did feature decisions with consequences (VS bioware's DECISIONS). Music is also pretty nice.

However, the localisation isn't very good. Combat system is lacking. It also has pacing issues.
>>
>>322329537
tl;dr: how to spot a barely of age shitlord who got into RPG genre with soulshit
>>
>>322320180
Your mother sucks dwarf cock
>>
Reminder that the Witcher series PLAGIARIZED Michael Moorcock's work and still won't own up to it to this day.

Thankfully, the Excellence of Elocution is on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVe-CeThGug
>>
File: 1442992000773.png (40KB, 228x316px) Image search: [Google]
1442992000773.png
40KB, 228x316px
>>322320386
Casual detected
Disregard
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.