[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any PC games similar to pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: GrimFandangoRemastered001.jpg (578KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GrimFandangoRemastered001.jpg
578KB, 1280x720px
Any PC games similar to pic related?
>>
ya there's like an entire genre of these things made back in the day
>>
They're point and click adventure games, or simply adventure games

Lucas arts made a ton of them (same company that made Grim Fandango). Search for a scummvm torrent that ought to include a lot of the good ones

Modern adventure games are kinda shit, I haven't played any good ones
>>
>>322241654
how many have you played, friendo
>>
Monkey Island 3.
Monkey Island 1 and 2 are also fantastic but feel a little less like GF.
>>
>>322241809
I'd personally recommend Day of the Tentacle, Curse of Monkey Island, and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Try those out and see if you're still interested
>>
>>322241654
Deponia was a good modern adventure game. It got obtuse sometimes, but so did most Lucasarts ones.
>>
>>322241973
>Day of the Tentacle
>Fate of Atlantis

>for a man who enjoyed Grim Fandango

you're shit at recommending adventure games you know that
>>
>>322241215
Broken Age :^)
>>
>>322242042
Not him, but why is that? What sets apart Grim Fandango aside from strange console-ish controls and inventory management?
>>
File: full20060509111723.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
full20060509111723.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
>>322241215
Sam & Max
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (120KB, 687x249px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
120KB, 687x249px
I heard a lot of good things about the Myst games. Which ones to play though?
>>
>>322242042
FoA is a bit off, less humor-based but it's still good

DotT and GF are usually listed side by side in the best adventure games ever made. I really don't get what your problem is
>>
>>322242376
whichever

Myst is always the same gimmick
>>
>>322242367
Hit the Road should be a higher priority. But the Telltale episodes are one of the better things Telltale has done.
>>
>>322241215
This game isn't possible without a guide unless you're autistic. Game sucks.
>>
>>322241215

If you mean any point-and-click adventures, there are tons.

This is a more recent one and one of my personal favorites. It's not too convoluted like some of the older point-and-clicks, but some of the puzzles really make you think. The visuals and soundtrack are what really make this game. Plus it's $2.50 right now.

My only complaint is that it is rather short.
>>
>>322242606
You have to be 18 or older to post here
>>
Telltale games are click and point adventure aimed at millennials
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>322242973

Nah this part is fucking ridiculous. I still don't understand it, even after reading a guide.
>>
>>322242302
>>322242419
I find FoA crude and barebones from today's point of view - sure, back then it was a fucking legend, especially compared to Sierra shit

DotT is a fine example of a nostalgia bait - I sincerely don't understand what people see in it, never did and still don't

Grim Fandango should be put on the same shelf as other plot-driven adventures of low difficulty, such as Broken Sword or Gabriel Knight
>>
>>322243132
I think that took me a few hours back in the day, and I admit it was frustrating. The rest of the game really wasn't like that though, that was just a bad part
>>
>>322243151
If Grim is anything, it's nostalgia bait. I replayed it just a few months ago and I felt a lot of its shine had worn off. It was really only good for its humor and righting and somewhat nonsensical solutions, again playing into the humor angle. DotT does exactly the same thing, it's just more dated in visual appearance
>>
>>322243771
>DotT
>more dated than Grim

cmon anon be serious
early 3D was atrocious and dated worse than pixel graphic adventures
>>
>>322243771
It does a wonderful job with world-building and atmosphere. I loath a few of the puzzles, but calling it "nostalgia bait" is a weak criticism. I played it for the first time some years back well after its original release and I still thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
>>322243948
Grim is mostly prerenderd backgrounds that would still hold up nicely if they had saved the original assets

DotT is 224p cartoon pixel art. To be completely honest, I like it better, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking it's aged better than GF
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.